NATION

PASSWORD

Community of Microstates (MT)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Ilva
Secretary

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Community of Microstates (MT)

Postby Ilva » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:19 pm

A microstate or ministate is a sovereign state having a very small population or very small land area, but usually both. As the meaning of neither "state" nor "very small" is clear, the recent attempts to define microstates focus on identifying political entities with unique qualitative features linked to their geographic or demographic limitations. According to a qualitative definition, microstates are: "modern protected states, i.e. sovereign states that have been able to unilaterally depute certain attributes of sovereignty to larger powers in exchange for benign protection of their political and economic viability against their geographic or demographic constraints." In line with this and most other definitions the examples of microstates include: Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino, Niue and the Federated States of Micronesia.

The smallest political unit recognised as a sovereign state is Vatican City, with 842 citizens as of July 2013 and an area of only 0.44 km². However, some scholars dispute qualifying Vatican as a state arguing that it does not meet the "traditional criteria of statehood" and that the "special status of the Vatican City is probably best regarded as a means of ensuring that the Pope can freely exercise his spiritual functions, and in this respect is loosely analogous to that of the headquarters of international organisations."

Microstates are distinct from micronations, which are not recognized as sovereign states. Special territories without full sovereignty, such as the British Crown Dependencies, The Chinese Special Administrative Regions and overseas territories of Denmark, France, the Netherlands, Norway and the United Kingdom, are also not considered microstates.

The Community of Microstates is an international organisation representing sovereign states having a very small population and a very small land area. Its purpose is to be a place where NationStates' microstates can gather, discuss RP ideas, and put them into practice, away from the grim sound of guns and marching armies that so often characterizes the Multiverse's bigger polities.

If you want to become a member of the COM, your nation has to:

Have less than 500,000 inhabitants and/or be smaller than 1,000 km².
Be a MT nation.

And you have to:

Be an active RPer.
Fill this form:

Name of Nation:
Form of Government:
Official Language:
Population:
Land Area:

Name of Nation: Principality of Ilva
Form of Government: Constitutional monarchy
Official Language: Corsican, Tuscan
Population: 34,250
Land Area: 295 km²

Ferraia, capital of the Principality of Ilva and seat of the COM

Members

Ilva
Kemobon
Last edited by Ilva on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:28 am, edited 14 times in total.
The Principality of Ilva is the founding member of the Community of Microstates

Kemobon
Attaché

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kemobon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Name of Nation: The Federation of Kemobon
Form of Government: Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic
Official Language: Kens
Population: 123,456
Land Area: 475km2
KEMOBON!
Nation- Kemobon| Region: Atlantan Oceania| Capital: Runtrown

Ilva
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ilva » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Kemobon wrote:Name of Nation: The Federation of Kemobon
Form of Government: Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic
Official Language: Kens
Population: 123,456
Land Area: 475km2

Accepted.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Whilst our territory is massive and expansive, we're here to officially support our city-state friends! :hug: :hug: :hug:
Our territory is large and expansive, so we're willing to share it with the COM for uses such as military
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Despite being huge and 200 million strong, New Kvenland has requested to ally with the CoM.
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

The Underground Movement Union
Senator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Underground Movement Union » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:19 pm

The UMU wishes to help these micro nations and ally with the COM

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:25 pm

OOC: You should create a COM region
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Ilva
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ilva » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:50 am

Australian Republic wrote:OOC: You should create a COM region

I'm already in Aeneas, sorry... and it's not like all the members of, I don't know, the Commonwealth, are in Europe. :3

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:11 am

Ilva wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:OOC: You should create a COM region

I'm already in Aeneas, sorry... and it's not like all the members of, I don't know, the Commonwealth, are in Europe. :3

True

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates