NATION

PASSWORD

The Grand Ball (IC: Please Sign up in OOC thread first)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:57 am

Tamburo

Alazne sighed. “This is true, many a lord believe the girl to be more of a liability than an asset at this point. The poor Emperor is loathe to just get her married off to someone that she doesn’t like, and so she remains in a townhouse in uptown Ghish, living as she does. One would have to hope that something works out with somebody, and maybe that will help her grow. There is talk of her and Vitus of Staalmark, and from what I have heard they really like each other. That would be good for her, I think. Don’t you?” Alazne asked.

"If it holds, then yes. Stability would probably help. There comes a point where a wild child needs to either grow up or self-destruct in spectacular fashion. If you've made a lot of big mistakes, the day they all catch up to you will be extraordinarily painful. Nothing says this world will forgive or forget," Tamburo mused. He then glanced over at the younger woman. "Sorry to linger on such a depressing subject. Let's just say I've had firsthand experience with this sort of thing. A family member in rehab and a friend on the dole. There came a time when they just hit...rock bottom, and even though they're bouncing back, they haven't been the same since."

Alazne laughed, the way she does…with rosy cheeks and pearly white teeth. “Many kids don’t understand how to balance themselves when they start cool. For many, the prospect of leaving home and starting life away in a new environment where they have total control over themselves, as opposed to their parents setting the stage, can be most overwhelming. This is why it is important for parents to cultivate self-sufficiency in their children and give them adequate room to grow, as well as the tools they need to manage themselves appropriately. My father told me that a kid’s first semester at school will say a lot about their parents and how they were raised. I find that to be a true statement…don’t you?”

"I don't know...I saw kids lose control in school from all backgrounds. The party animals who had strict upbringings were like soda bottles. Without the cap their parents put on them, they exploded. On the other hand, the kids who had lenient or indifferent parents knew all the tricks of the trade already and were in an even less supervised environment than before. But then again, you'd find very quiet people from either background too. Hard to say," Tamburo contemplated.

"There were clubs, but I stopped going due to being hit on excessively. Apparently, I was all the rage in Izarraerori, with boys falling over themselves to try to capture my heart. So eventually, I stopped going out..."

Raising an eyebrow, Tamburo wryly said "I meant extracurricular clubs. Club sports, student government, model WA, university newspaper, that sort of thing." He grinned. "You just gave something away though...you went out clubbing. Were you curious?"
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shalum » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:40 pm

John Holland and Blackburn

Jane was feeling quite tingly under the spell of this young Holland. “…When was the last time a girl brought out the best in you?” Shame on me for asking! I couldn't help myself! Gah!

The prince's eyebrows rose at that question, it clear that he hadn't been expecting that kind of inquiry. The smile on his lips remained though as he danced with the Ghantish girl as he secretly wondered what she was playing at. He was quite sure that he was missing something, considering how little of experience he actually had with women. "That, milady, is a good question" he replied after a thoughtful moment. "I can't quite remember the last time, but I know I'm feeling pretty good right now" he chuckled lightly as he looked at her. "And when was the last time someone brought the best out in you, Lady Jane?"

Lilly’s eyes went wide. “Woah, conquest? Seriously? That doesn't seem right at all! Surely they wouldn't consider outright…dare I say…annexation? That would be quite unkosher.”

John Blackburn shrugged a bit at her reply, knowing what she meant. "Conquest, annex, occupy; they're pretty much synonymous. Personally, I don't like the idea of it either, don't get me wrong. But when I look at the whole situation in Azurlavai, maybe it's the best course of action. The whole place is falling apart, society is collapsing there. Maybe...maybe a stable foreign power like Shalum can make a difference. Granted, no one is perfect, but surely my country could help Thracia more than the NRA could" he replied.

Jean-Paul and Holly

The major let out a muffled groan of contentment as he collapsed onto the bed on his stomach, a content feeling flowing through him as he laid there basking in the comfort of his current predicament. His mind felt blissfully blank, the stress of his job that was normally there completely gone for the first time in a while. He felt drained, his arms and legs oddly heavy, though he didn't mind in the least. Absently, one of his hands sought out the used protection that he still wore and pulled it off, haphazardly tossing it to the side for whomever cleaned the room to deal with later if he forgot to clean up after himself; something he tried to do out of common courtesy during these kinds of escapades.

Finally, after a few moments, the Paul found the strength to flip over onto his back, his head lazily tilting to the side to eye Holly. Her eyes were closed and it halfway looked like she was sleeping, something he couldn't blame her for. Between the alcohol in his veins and the great sex he had just had, he felt damn tired, his eyes practically fighting to stay open now as they admired her toned figure. He wished he got -this- lucky all of the time, as women like her were pretty hard to come across, at least in the areas that he found himself in day-to-day life.

As he eyes drooped once more, he felt the bed shift and her presence fill the area to his right once more, a small grin playing on his lips as he felt her rest a hand on his muscled chest. He snaked an arm between the bed and her waist, wrapping it around her without thinking. His past lovers had enjoyed some sort of affection afterwards, even if there was nothing more between them than lust. Come morning he would probably be alone again, so he decided to at least enjoy the moment.

Glancing down, he chuckled quietly at the observation and nodded a bit in agreement. "Great time is putting it mildly, ma'am. That was awesome" he laughed quietly, feeling like he sounded younger than he was. "And yes, of course I saved that up for you" he laughed. "Speaking on saving up, did you hold that back until now for me because that was rather...explosive" he grinned.
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Jean-Paul and Holly

Holly's skin glowed in the low light, the contours of her body highlighted by a sheen she worked up in their exertions. Her hair tumbled loosely around her, and she wore a satisfied look on her face. "Maybe...those hands..." Holly replied drowsily. After a long night of dancing, drinking, and sex, she was completely spent. Not even enough energy for pillow talk, really, but she tried anyway. The results were less than stellar.

"So, I guess a rifle isn't the only thing you can field strip, huh? Would you say I've had the honor of serving under you?" Immediately after she said it, she cupped her face in embarrassment. "Wow, go out on a high note. You were great, though, seriously. I guess if you're some kind of super commando you need to be built...and you are," she said, running her hand down the muscles of his chest and abdomen.

They may have sat there for a few more minutes before Holly couldn't stay awake anymore. "Paul...I'm really sleepy. Could you get the light?" Still quite hot, she didn't even crawl under the sheets when she did so. Her expression was the image of tranquility and contentment as she drifted off.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 am

Late Roman Empire wrote:Titus felt more than a little relief to finally be dancing, as planned, with Ksenya, who intrigued him for some reason that he could only place as her similar background, or so it seemed. Both rising from lower stock, both capable deputies to sometimes hard-headed, if also level-headed superiors. Also, he just plain liked her. What better way to get Ava and Livia both off his mind that someone like this? It wasn't even about sexual congress...that was an issue where he could be flexible about the solution, whether it was Ksenya or someone else, but it was about her company, enjoying that and seeing what came of their dance. Whatever followed was merely a bonus.

"So, now that it has finally happened, what think you of the dance so far?" Titus asked after several minutes of silence.

Ksenya was—so far—enjoying the Roman's company. He had seemed nice and considerate, even after she told him her life story. She still likened him to the nobility dancing around them, while she was the lowly daughter of dead slaves from Puritania. She figured she might as well take the time—take the chance—to get to know him better.

"I'm just surprised I've managed to dance this long without screwing up." Ksenya said. "You're a nice dancer, Titus. You must have danced with ladies back home quite a bit, right?"

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 am

Alazne

"If it holds, then yes. Stability would probably help. There comes a point where a wild child needs to either grow up or self-destruct in spectacular fashion. If you've made a lot of big mistakes, the day they all catch up to you will be extraordinarily painful. Nothing says this world will forgive or forget," Tamburo mused. He then glanced over at the younger woman. "Sorry to linger on such a depressing subject. Let's just say I've had firsthand experience with this sort of thing. A family member in rehab and a friend on the dole. There came a time when they just hit...rock bottom, and even though they're bouncing back, they haven't been the same since."

“There is no need to apologize, Consul. I do appreciate real conversations, for far too often I am subject to pleasantries and polite conversation.” Alazne answered as she twirled her long, silky black hair around her right index finger.

"I don't know...I saw kids lose control in school from all backgrounds. The party animals who had strict upbringings were like soda bottles. Without the cap their parents put on them, they exploded. On the other hand, the kids who had lenient or indifferent parents knew all the tricks of the trade already and were in an even less supervised environment than before. But then again, you'd find very quiet people from either background too. Hard to say," Tamburo contemplated.

“Aye, so it would seem that there was a certain x-factor.” Alazne mused as she sipped her wine. She was truly enjoying this conversation, and she was convinced it was time better spent than what the alternatives were, such as getting hit on by every eligible young noble at the ball.

In response to her talking about clubbing, Tamburo raised an eyebrow, before wryly saying "I meant extracurricular clubs. Club sports, student government, model WA, university newspaper, that sort of thing." He grinned. "You just gave something away though...you went out clubbing. Were you curious?"

“Oh right…” Alazne laughed again. “I was in a book club, but that was about it. I never really got involved in the other things, as I was too consumed with my own projects and with schoolwork.” On the subject of clubbing, Alazne nodded. “Probably was a combination of me being curious, me being dragged out by my friends and me being asked out to it by boys. It was…interesting, but not really my thing. In the club, I am just another pretty girl that everyone wants to dance with, by drinks for, and proposition. I want to be more than that, you know?”

The Girls

The prince's eyebrows rose at that question .The smile on his lips remained though as he danced with Jane. "That, milady, is a good question" he replied after a thoughtful moment. "I can't quite remember the last time, but I know I'm feeling pretty good right now" he chuckled lightly as he looked at her. "And when was the last time someone brought the best out in you, Lady Jane?"

“…I…uh…never?” Jane stumbled on her words as she grew flush. “…My twin brother John brings out the best in me when we…uh…play monopoly.” Jane laughed, even as she tingled at the question. John Holland was apparently as charming as he was intelligent…and cute.

Meanwhile, John Blackburn shrugged a bit at her reply, knowing what she meant. "Conquest, annex, occupy; they're pretty much synonymous. Personally, I don't like the idea of it either, don't get me wrong. But when I look at the whole situation in Azurlavai, maybe it's the best course of action. The whole place is falling apart, society is collapsing there. Maybe...maybe a stable foreign power like Shalum can make a difference. Granted, no one is perfect, but surely my country could help Thracia more than the NRA could" he replied.

“Must be nice being in school then, so at least you can focus on more pleasant things…like homework…parties…and girls.” Lilly laughed. “Worst comes to worst, you might have to talk about it in class, but isn’t that what school is for? Assessing things you see around you and making sense of it in a productive way?”
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shalum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Jean-Paul and Holly

At Holly's words, the major chuckled quietly, doing his best to not laugh too much at what she had said, while he cheeks flushed at the notion of her 'serving under him' for obvious reasons. Apparently drinking and sex made Holly endearingly cute. He titled his head to look over at her, his green eyes surveying her as she laid there, admiring her form. As her skin glowed in the low light, she really did look like a goddess from the Roman Pantheon; causing part of him to wonder how he had managed to get lucky enough to get her to bed in the first place.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself as much as I did. You were pretty great, yourself. I'm going to consider myself lucky" he said quietly before stifling a yawn with his hand. As she ran a hand down his body, he smiled a bit as he fingers traced the outlines of his muscles. "Looking like this is just a perk of the job, one I certainly don't mind" he continued in the same low tone as he eyed her. Pillow talk was something that he had never done much of in his life, and it felt odd to him; not bad, but certainly odd.

Some absent part of his brain that was always seeming to be in a state of working order wondered if she actually knew if he was a commando or not. The force recon commandos in New Edom and he being in charge of them wasn't publicized for a reason. But he wasn't too concerned about it.

At the mention of her feeling tired, Paul replied. "Sure I can" he said as he reached over and flicked the lamp light off; casting the room into darkness. He didn't get under the covers either, instead choosing to simply pull a pillow close and rest his head on that. Thanks to years of field work before being put in a commanding position, he had learned how to fall asleep rather easily. As he drifted off, he wore a small, pleased smile.

----

The next morning, Paul came to slowly, his head pounding and the light streaming in through the blinds far too bright for his liking. For what was probably a few minutes, he simply laid where he was, not too keen on moving while his head sorted itself out. Much of his memories from the night before were murky, the alcohol that he had consumed to blame for that, but he hadn't drunken enough to forget his bed companion apparently. Glancing over, he saw Holly still asleep surprisingly, as naked as he was, his eyebrows raising in surprise. He assumed that she would have awoken and split by now, but apparently she was still sleeping off the night.

To his right, there was a buzzing noise which was growing more annoying with each passing second. With a grunt, he rolled over to look at the nightstand closer to him, where his phone sat. Awkwardly, he reached over and picked it up, his fingers sliding across the screen protector of his government issue smart phone. He blinked a few times as he read the message. It was from Brigadier General Ferdinand, and apparently he was wanted back at base as soon as possible. General Harper had to remain in Fineberg for an indefinite amount of time, so they wanted those who could back to base immediately.

Paul cast a momentary look of longing toward Holly, before his brain kicked him into gear. Slowly he slid off the bed and crept over to his bag. There was little time for a shower, and he didn't want to wake to her, so him simply opted to throw on his normal deodorant and pull on the backup marine BDUs that he had brought with him along with some casual clothing. He had been -planning- to spend the day in Fineberg and see some sights before he headed back, but that wasn't an option. He padded around the room quietly, grabbing what he needed including his dress uniform which had been thrown around the room.

In record time, he had packed what few belongings he had left. As he threw his bag over his shoulder, he glanced at the sleeping form on the room's only bed. With a shake of the head, he trekked over to a nearby table with a notepad and pencil beside it; along with the 'do not disturb' sigh. He grabbed the sign and pocketed it, intending to place it on the door on his way out. He wrote a quick note for Holly, ripped it out, and tiptoed over to the nightstand closer to her sitting it down.

Holly. Had to leave due to matters on base. Thank you for the company last night, it was quite a wonderful experience. Take care ma'am, may the winds of fate keep you safe as you experience the adventure of life.

With Regards,
Major Jean-Paul Valliancourt, Shalumite 103rd Marine Division

As he looked down at the note one last time, an idea came to mind. He sat his backpack down and rummaged through it, grunting in victory as he found his dress uniform top, which had a number of medals pinned on it. He plucked one off, a round medal with a Shalumite Cudarae on it. It was a Distinguished Service Medal that he had earned as a marine sapper. Hard earned, and rarely handed out. It meant something to him, but not as much as some may have thought. In his mind, he felt that he didn't deserve it. He set it on the bottom of the note and added 'a medal to remember me by' beside the medal.

Reaching over, he picked up the phone and dialed room service. As quietly as he could, he ordered her breakfast, getting her a nice meal since he wasn't quite sure what she may have wanted. He charged it to his card without hesitation, the cost little to him. He told them to deliver the meal discretely to the kitchen as to not disturb her. She deserved a good meal at the very least, especially after what had transpired. In another life, he could have seen himself taking her out to breakfast, but alas that wasn't possible.

With that, the major was out the door with a sigh, knowing he couldn't put off leaving any longer. He slipped the 'do not disturb' sign on the door as he left, before heading down to the hotel lobby where he met up with his driver a few minutes later. For the major, duty called unfortunately.

John Holland and Blackburn

“…I…uh…never?” Jane stumbled on her words as she grew flush. “…My twin brother John brings out the best in me when we…uh…play monopoly.” Jane laughed, even as she tingled at the question. John Holland was apparently as charming as he was intelligent…and cute.

John Holland laughed with her, the prince finding the notion amusing. Her flush expression did not go unnoticed by him, and he found it rather interesting to observe as he wondered why she was blushing as much as she was. It was something he said, that much was clear, since it was just them at the moment. However, he was still having a hard time pinpointing the exact wording that earned such a reaction. "Monopoly, eh? Whatever floats your boat, I suppose" he smiled. "Speaking of having a good time, have you enjoyed yourself so far? Any moments that stand out in your mind about tonight?"

“Must be nice being in school then, so at least you can focus on more pleasant things…like homework…parties…and girls.” Lilly laughed. “Worst comes to worst, you might have to talk about it in class, but isn’t that what school is for? Assessing things you see around you and making sense of it in a productive way?”

John nodded in reply. "Yeah, I love being in school. Don't tell anyone, but I'm one of those 'odd' Shalumites who isn't dying to get to boot camp and don body armor. I love being able to go to class, learn, got to parties and hit on beautiful women" he laughed. "Don't get me wrong, I see how service is a big deal, it's just not for me" he continued. "Yeah...I suppose that's about right. My professors talk about it now and then in political and history classes, and often try and get us to engage in discussions about the whole conflict. It could be worse though, I suppose. Your very right, that's what it's about, especially college" he shrugged.
Last edited by Shalum on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Holly
The Next Morning

'What happened? Where am I?'

Waking gradually, Holly was still in a dreamlike state. She had trouble remembering all of the previous night's events. All she knew was her immediate surroundings. This was not her hotel room, first off. She was cool, she felt air over her entire body...she was naked. There was a characteristic smell. When she shifted slightly, she abruptly noticed a soreness. Not painful, but a bit uncomfortable.

'I had sex.'

The memories returned to her in a flood. Dancing, flirting, kissing, touching, joining. Raw, untempered lust. The grand finale. Ecstasy.

God, what was his name? John? No, Paul. No, John. Or was it Jean? No, she definitely called him Paul. She couldn't even remember his name...then she found the note.

Shivering slightly, Holly crawled under the sheets and lay there for a while, hand on her forehead as she wrapped her head around the night's events. Why had she done the things she'd done to him? Why did she bear herself to him? He had a good body, sure, but she didn't make love with every guy with a nice ass. There was no future in this, she'd probably never see him again. She was going back to Adiron, back to Puerto Rojo. He was in the military and going...nowhere in Ceti, most likely. Why had she done it?

After a tired, emotional thirty minutes, Holly glanced at the clock. She had to get back to her hotel to check out. More specifically, she had to get back with enough time to shower, get dressed, and get packed before check out. Sitting up and opening her eyes, she suddenly realized her clothes were nowhere in sight. At the time when she'd lost them last night, she'd been so consumed by thoughts of him that she hadn't even taken note of where they ended up. Lazily rolling over and doing a few catlike stretches, she rose to her feet.

Gingerly, Holly made her way to the bathroom, then took a brief look around the suite. Whoever Paul was, somebody didn't skimp on his hotel accommodations. Just then her stomach growled rather loudly, and she saw the breakfast laid out on the table by room service. Figuring neither Paul nor Edomite housekeeping would so much as blink over her state of undress, she helped herself, trying to keep one eye on the clock.

Resuming her search, Holly started to get a bit worried that, being in New Edom, she'd have to do like the Edomites did. Even worse, her purse was missing too. Did she leave it in the car? Without the waiver, even if she found her dress, she wouldn't be able to actually wear it. It wasn't a cheap dress either, just to add injury to insult. Luckily, she finally noticed a closet by the door that she'd missed before, where her dress, shoes, and purse were all hanging neatly. Unfortunately, she couldn't find her panties. She'd never seen where they landed, which turned out to be under a couch. Looked like she'd be going commando on this walk of shame. She liked that pair, too...

Just as she was about to leave, however, she whimsically decided to take the medal and note. After all, she had left a souvenir of her own for him.

Her cheeks flamed as she walked out the door, feeling decidedly exposed in a slinky cocktail dress that was already backless and somewhat short. As she left the hotel and walked down the street, practical considerations now sorted out aside from the danger of a stiff breeze, she found her unease returned. She kept trying to tell herself that it was just a one night stand, that people do it all the time, that it didn't have to mean something.

Then, as she walked into the hotel lobby, she caught herself with a question that blew most of her rationalizations out of the water: 'Why are you trying to convince yourself?'

Arriving at her own hotel room, she went in the bathroom and seemed to take a long look in the mirror. Her hair was wild and unkempt, straightened only by a few cursory attempts at running her hands through it. She'd cleaned up any stray makeup at Paul's suite, but now properly removed all of it. Then she stripped down once more and tried to shower the night away, the water soothing where she was still tender.

She realized it wasn't about Paul. He hadn't done anything she hadn't practically begged him to. In fact, aside from the sinful acts they'd done together, he'd been almost gentlemanly. It was her. Holly felt guilty for reasons she couldn't bring herself to admit.

Why should she feel guilty? Nothing ever happened.

This had nothing to do with him.

'But that's the problem, isn't it?'

There was never a commitment. He had never pursued her.

'I never went after him, either.'

He didn't feel the same way, did he? He'd do those things for anybody, wouldn't he?

'Don't go...'

As that last sensitive memory came through, Holly Lemay sobbed. Her tears were quickly washed away by the oncoming rush of water, the same as that terrible yet somehow special day.

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:25 am

The Girls

John Holland laughed with Jane Mutu. "Monopoly, eh? Whatever floats your boat, I suppose" he smiled. "Speaking of having a good time, have you enjoyed yourself so far? Any moments that stand out in your mind about tonight?"

“Don’t be modest...I suspect you have played monopoly too! Such a cutthroat game!” Jane giggled. “Hmm…about tonight…moments standing out. Did you see Artizar Orinbere? Such a little pig…going around and propositioning girls and women alike…he is only fourteen, I tell you! His older brother and sisters…I don’t even know how they put up with him! Still good for a laugh though. Perhaps he was emboldened by the fact that the wedding consisted of his second cousin. I would have you know that your cousin, Princess Samantha, actually slapped him when he tried to touch her boob.” Jane laughed.

Meanwhile, John Blackburn nodded in reply. "Yeah, I love being in school. Don't tell anyone, but I'm one of those 'odd' Shalumites who isn't dying to get to boot camp and don body armor. I love being able to go to class, learn, go to parties and hit on beautiful women" he laughed. "Don't get me wrong, I see how service is a big deal, it's just not for me" he continued. "Yeah...I suppose that's about right. My professors talk about it now and then in political and history classes, and often try and get us to engage in discussions about the whole conflict. It could be worse though, I suppose. Your very right, that's what it's about, especially college" he shrugged.

Lilly’s face went blank. “Oh…you love to go to parties and hit on beautiful women, eh? Is that what I am…just another beautiful woman for you to hit on? I would like to think I am more than just that, you know?”
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:51 pm

The End

Yawning musicians began to pack up their instruments, the maestro, seeing that there had been no requests or real enthusiasm in some time, and having been given his honorarium by an under-chamberlain, loosened his bow tie and began to text his "Very good friend" a professor of history and culture at the university, for their after-party soiree of their own, a much more relaxing one to be sure.

Servants began packing up the buffet; typically for all the supposed frugality arrangements always existed to have far more than was needed--which went home or could be sold in various forms and in various ways. The system of cuts was as complex as the national civil service, and as cutthroat. CP and Ministry of Justice agents would later report on conversations overheard by the dumb and invisible servants of the Palace. Naked men with brooms and mops and mobile dustbins began to move into the room. Spontaneously they began to whistle "The Andy Griffith Show" theme, clearly practiced for they had excellent harmonies.

While all this went on, a pair of machines entered the room. One was a sweeper, one was a scrubber, with a special cleansing compound that wouldn't damage the ballroom floor. Each was manned by a naked servant, one listening to Vivaldi on his headphones, the other listening to Art of Noise. While they beeped horns if they saw people in the way, they diligently did their job anyway.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates