NATION

PASSWORD

The Grand Ball (IC: Please Sign up in OOC thread first)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Libertarian Police State

Kaiser Martin of the Vorindun

Postby The Vorindun » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:38 am

"I am Kaiser Martin, yes. And you are, Amelia, Princess of Ghant? By the Emperor's own creation, no less! Well, let no one say that your brother doesn't love you. If I were only my brother's half-sibling, I am not entirely sure that he would create me such a title. So, tell me, what is it like to go constantly back and forth from a middle-class existence to an upper-class, even regal one? That must be confusing as Hell," the young Kaiser wondered.

He also wondered if the rumors about her mother were true....if so, he wasn't sure how much Alexandria would truly emulate her, and if that would indeed be a good thing. Then again, from what he had seen of Alex, he liked her a great deal. Perhaps one's parentage was less significant than he had thought before.
"The privilege of opening the first trial in history for crimes against the peace of the world imposes a grave responsibility. The wrongs which we seek to condemn and punish have been so calculated, so malignant, and so devastating, that civilization cannot tolerate their being ignored, because it cannot survive their being repeated. That four great nations, flushed with victory and stung with injury stay the hand of vengeance and voluntarily submit their captive enemies to the judgment of the law is one of the most significant tributes that Power has ever paid to Reason." Robert H. Jackson

"Try to drive out Nature with a pitchfork. He always returns." - Horace

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Valerian Augustus

Postby Late Roman Empire » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:59 am

"All these centuries, and we Romans and you Ghantar still do not understand each other properly. How sad. Will we ever? So many cultural differences. Livia chose Maria, not Titus. Men don't pick women's servants, nor do women pick men's. Not with us Romans. Livia was still new to being royal and she did it as a favor for a friend, one that proved disastrous, I fear. I heard that you actually had legal authority to have your husband seized by his own guard, which admittedly stunned me. In Constantinople, the men who did that would be court-martialed and shot and an Augusta who did so would be lucky just to be divorced.

"Not saying that I am unaware that your culture has different views, in fact, that's my very point. I was a diplomat for many years before I rose to the Principate. I know well how cultures can clash with their underlying assumptions and ethical values. The notion of Regere Coniugum, while it originated with Priscilla, never caught on here. In the Empire, we have but one head, one lord, one sovereign, one master, and all are sworn to obey his word as the supreme law of the land.

"As for the duel, the teasing, etc. All are prime examples of differing Roman versus Ghantish assumptions. I put an end to the open marriage and insisted on fidelity with Aelia because she insisted upon being so brazen, so public about it. Romans are public about many things, but intensely private about family and marriage in many ways. The Romans present thought that you were putting horns on your husband, the Emperor, and making him grovel like a peasant or slave. That was the source of Ausonius's icy reaction, you see. Ausonius is especially a cold fish and a very stiff-lipped aristocrat. He has little use for gaiety and almost no sense of humor. Reports back later from other sources, such as my daughter, explained the nuances and context, but I admit that I was disturbed initially by his own report.

"I have been to Ghant before, on some of my many diplomatic missions in the past, and I quickly decided never to take my wife with me again. She was a woman of low morals whom I should never have married, against my parents' wishes, no less, and the local men took full advantage.

"Then again, my own morals had been rather loose up to that point, but by then I was becoming a bit more restrained and a lot more jealous. I didn't trust her, you see. I went back to Ghish and Gaemar a few times, even went to Dakar once, but I never took Aelia with me again. As a matter of fact, I was in Gaemar when I received word of her last indiscretion and I sent her the bill of divorce straight from a ball there," Valerian clarified, mostly because he had to comment on the need to improve things.

"I say all this to say that something must be done to bridge these distinctions, these misunderstandings that always seem to complicate and confuse things between Rome and Ghant. As an Empress of Ghant and a daughter of the King of Dakmoor, not to mention one with uncommon influence in your own country, what are your thoughts?"
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:25 am

Murbella

Murbella was honest and deliberate in her response, even as she held the Count close to her…feeling him against her. “A most keen set of observations. Like children, you say…that is not entirely untrue. Lives are short, and so people tend to be hedonistic and prone to flights of fancy. Life can end at the blink of an eye, from a bandit to a beast, to a harsh winter or a difficult birthing. In a world where life can be so harsh, brutal and short, there are some redeeming qualities to behaving like children, I would say. I myself bear no shame in admitting that. One day I shall die, sooner than I would like, perhaps. Might as well make it mean something. Be happy, and take my pleasures as they come, and die without regrets, having lived a fulfilling life. These Arrosabeltzak fellows, they were no exception. Just boys with nothing to lose, wanting a chance at honor and glory, before they turn to dust and are forgotten to the annals of time. For them, it isn’t about winning, or losing. It is about the experience, the journey. The art of doing something that has greater meaning than standing around in obscurity merely waiting to die.”

That was when Murbella asked him a poignant question. “What do you want to do with your life, Count Lalery? I wonder as I search those eyes of yours.” Murbella was a very reciprocative woman, and she felt her hand drifting towards his behind, a faint smile on her face.

Encouraged by her, Lalery gave motions that indicated his growing pleasure with her, and his fingers gave a firmer squeeze, pulling her to him. "I am like a tiger in a cage as Royal Master of Offices. It isa golden cage, but a cage nevertheless. I'll tell you what I want...I want to lead the effort of helping Ghant prepare defenses against Vyrsar and Lanos and the other nations that might threaten her. I want something real to do. I'm tired of helping Mara pull up her panties. I need a frontier in my life." Now how had she drawn this out of him? No one had ever been interested enough before. His dark eyes flamed as he looked into her golden ones.

Michael

Michael chewed on that question a bit. “They all seem to be having a good time. Yeah…apparently Albert came out prior to the wedding to go hunting with Perrin…that was probably an interesting experience for your cousin. In any case, my brother-in-law’s family is prone to…brooding and skulking, and in that way Nathan is not unlike his uncle. Albert was in love with my mother, and confessed his love for her and his desire to marry him after his older brother John dumped her for Nathan’s mom. My mom rejected Albert in favor of my father. That still sticks in his craw, and the enmity between Albert and my father runs very, very deep.”

Mara seemed more relaxed as they danced, and Michael enjoyed that greatly. She continued. “Michael, since we’re married, I hope you’re going to have a happy life. Don’t ever stop liking the things you like. You can go to Dakmoor whenever you want…and we’ll have a great time while you’re here.”

Michael smiled. “Thanks, Mara, I appreciate that. You know what would make me the happiest though, is making you happy.”

Mara smiled at him but some things he had said worried her. "Albert. You know what, do you ever wonder if he'd try to harm you and your family in some way? I mean it seems like he must be very bitter and angry, is that true?"
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Amelia

"I am Kaiser Martin, yes. And you are, Amelia, Princess of Ghant? By the Emperor's own creation, no less! Well, let no one say that your brother doesn't love you. If I were only my brother's half-sibling, I am not entirely sure that he would create me such a title. So, tell me, what is it like to go constantly back and forth from a middle-class existence to an upper-class, even regal one? That must be confusing as Hell,"

Amelia never got that much credit. The 14 year old half sister of the Emperor was clever, sharp witted and well spoken. Most of that was overlooked, on account of being thought of as a tomboy and a ruffian who was truculent and like to play at arms with boys.

"Not as confusing as you might think. My brother keeps things very casual, and we always have fun when we go there. We play games, we eat, we explore and just relax. Plus I like to play around in the armory and in the training yard. I think in a few years, I can beat him in a sparring match with a sword! A small one though, as speed always bests strength when applied correctly."

Amelia was curious then. "All Alexandra does is talk about you, its pretty funny. She gets so annoyed when Arietta teases her about it too. Do you feel the same way about her as she apparently feels about you?"

Sophia

"All these centuries, and we Romans and you Ghantar still do not understand each other properly. How sad. Will we ever? So many cultural differences. Livia chose Maria, not Titus. Men don't pick women's servants, nor do women pick men's. Not with us Romans. Livia was still new to being royal and she did it as a favor for a friend, one that proved disastrous, I fear. I heard that you actually had legal authority to have your husband seized by his own guard, which admittedly stunned me. In Constantinople, the men who did that would be court-martialed and shot and an Augusta who did so would be lucky just to be divorced.”

Sophia chuckled a bit. “I know that the times in the past where the water has been muddied have proved most interesting. For instance, there is the popular story of how Emperor Sebastian of Ghant was more Roman than his cousin, Emperor Ahenobarbus IV, who was more Ghantish then Sebastian. There of course is also Empress Paulina, Empress Ella, Victor, Felix, Marius and Flavius. I believe they have all struggled to balance the divergent beliefs, customs and attitudes, some with greater success than others. For instance, the power of the nobility in Ghant, which was something that Paulina, in all her wisdom, took time to understand fully. The Emperor of Ghant is not without impunity, and he is beholden to the whims of the nobility. Fortunately for him, he married one, and thus the burden falls upon me to keep things straight.”

"Not saying that I am unaware that your culture has different views, in fact, that's my very point. I was a diplomat for many years before I rose to the Principate. I know well how cultures can clash with their underlying assumptions and ethical values. The notion of Regere Coniugum, while it originated with Priscilla, never caught on here. In the Empire, we have but one head, one lord, one sovereign, one master, and all are sworn to obey his word as the supreme law of the land.”

“And is not said that upon marriage, husband and wife become one flesh? A person made of two! Hence the logic, but it serves another purpose entirely. Balance, that thing that Ghantar live and die trying to achieve. There is balance between husband and wife, or at least there should be. If there is only one of something, there can be no balance.”

"As for the duel, the teasing, etc. All are prime examples of differing Roman versus Ghantish assumptions. I put an end to the open marriage and insisted on fidelity with Aelia because she insisted upon being so brazen, so public about it. Romans are public about many things, but intensely private about family and marriage in many ways. The Romans present thought that you were putting horns on your husband, the Emperor, and making him grovel like a peasant or slave. That was the source of Ausonius's icy reaction, you see. Ausonius is especially a cold fish and a very stiff-lipped aristocrat. He has little use for gaiety and almost no sense of humor. Reports back later from other sources, such as my daughter, explained the nuances and context, but I admit that I was disturbed initially by his own report.”

Sophia seemed sad at the mention of Aelia, for Nathan’s uncle Christopher Zuria’s love for the woman was enough to make him plea to Valerian to spare her life and exile her to Ghant instead, but to no avail. Now Christopher was a sad drunk who cursed Valerian under his breath. “Nathan loves me and at times is willing to submit to me for my affections. In no way do I use my love for him as a way to manipulate him. Balance between husband and wife is a give and take. I am not his servant nor is he my superior. We are equal, as husband and wife. Sometimes that plays itself out in ways that require one or the other to make compromises and concessions for the betterment of both.”

"I have been to Ghant before, on some of my many diplomatic missions in the past, and I quickly decided never to take my wife with me again. She was a woman of low morals whom I should never have married, against my parents' wishes, no less, and the local men took full advantage.”

“What Aelia did was wrong…and to think that my uncle-in-law Christopher Zuria enabled that is beyond disappointing. His fire burned brightly for her in any case, if what they say is true. He bought her jewelry and paraded her about. I recall him begging you to exile her to Ghant so he could be with her, as opposed to you putting her to death. He never recovered from that. He might have come here tonight with my mother-in-law and her parents, but when he learned that you were coming, he chafed at the thought of coming. I am sorry for all of that, truly, even though this was before my time as Empress began.”

"Then again, my own morals had been rather loose up to that point, but by then I was becoming a bit more restrained and a lot more jealous. I didn't trust her, you see. I went back to Ghish and Gaemar a few times, even went to Dakar once, but I never took Aelia with me again. As a matter of fact, I was in Gaemar when I received word of her last indiscretion and I sent her the bill of divorce straight from a ball there,"

“The Ball of Gaemarlen in 2004, as I recall, hosted by the late Fendulias Calien. I was there, with my mother and father…16 at the time. I recall the Heenor and Voor boys courting me vigorously, as did Marius Calien, although he was particularly crude and brash. As I recall, Lord Regent Albert offered you Christopher in chains to await your justice…Albert has no love for the Zurias, and he was more than eager to send men to Aretozuri to seize him for his blatant disrespect, as he put it.”

"I say all this to say that something must be done to bridge these distinctions, these misunderstandings that always seem to complicate and confuse things between Rome and Ghant. As an Empress of Ghant and a daughter of the King of Dakmoor, not to mention one with uncommon influence in your own country, what are your thoughts?"

“Well, Nathan wanted to talk to you about that, but I suppose I might as well broach the topic. How are your wife and new daughter, by the way? Nathan is very curious to know himself, as he is thoroughly convinced that all these differences and tensions can be resolved if I bear a son that can eventually marry your new daughter Marcia and make her Empress of Ghant. To better facilitate that, he is insisting that should our baby be a boy, that he be fostered in Constantinople by you and Titus, so that you can observe him as he grows and matures to get a better judge of his character. Nathan seems convinced that Marcia is the best choice to sit the Obsidian Throne one day, and he seems willing to make plans to better bring that vision to fruition.”

Murbella

Lalery used his fingers to better give the Queen of the North a firmer squeeze, pulling her to him. "I am like a tiger in a cage as Royal Master of Offices. It is a golden cage, but a cage nevertheless. I'll tell you what I want...I want to lead the effort of helping Ghant prepare defenses against Vyrsar and Lanos and the other nations that might threaten her. I want something real to do. I'm tired of helping Mara pull up her panties. I need a frontier in my life."

Murbella grinned, beginning to tingle under his touch. “There is much help needed in that regard. The Vyrsarak have long been a pain in the ass, and of late they are demonstrating that once more.”

She could begin to feel the heat rising from within her. This man was strong and confident, and ambitious too. She liked that…a lot. “I wonder what sort of frontier would be fit for a tiger waiting to burst free of its cage? What would a tiger be once free of its confinement? Surely it would stake out a frontier of its own, and do that which beasts often do in the wild.”

Murbella leaned in close, ready to say something funny, with that twinkle in her eye and her red lips tickled by her sweet breath. “Maybe instead of helping Queens pull up their panties, you should focus on pulling them down.”

Michael

Mara smiled at Michael, and then she spoke. "Albert. You know what, do you ever wonder if he'd try to harm you and your family in some way? I mean it seems like he must be very bitter and angry, is that true?"

Michael shook his head. “Sometimes I wonder, but I know he wouldn’t. He loved my mother too much to hurt her children. He is bitter and angry, yes, but not the point of treachery. Rest assured, Mara, that the in-laws are safe from harm.”

He wanted to tell her that Maria was pregnant by Martin, but he couldn’t spoil the surprise. For that he would have to wait.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Novitera
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Kenneth Sorley

He said his goodbyes to Keth, wondering what she would do with the card. Perhaps it would end up in a garbage can somewhere. The interaction was so fulfilling that as the woman walked away, Kenneth began to fill empty again. He finished the drink that Keth had ordered for him and had another Schottian single malt to keep him company. Harvey came over and Kenneth had a long chat with him. Together they mingled with the other guests for a time Kenneth moved outside towards the exit of the ball to take a phone call. It was Wiyrkomi again. Their acquisitions were something that Kenneth had been working on for a while. That was when he saw Keth walking out at a brisk pace.

"I'll call you back." He said on the phone.

Kenneth called out to her. "Too much fun for one night or trouble on the home front?" He asked.

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:57 pm

With Kenneth

Keth turned when she heard someone address her and smiled at Kenneth despite the tension that had taken up residence in her shoulders. He was a pleasant distraction from the looming thunderclouds in her future. She knew why she was being called back—to be hurled into the field again. "Trouble on the home-front," she explained. Her phone was back in her coat, no longer buzzing angrily at her now that she'd addressed the mixed texts and calls. All of them had been one step short of livid. Zadian was not having a good day and that was being passed on to everyone else. "Keth the dancer returns to her shell. But thank you for bringing her out for a while. It was..." She hunted for the right word before settling on, "...wonderful." It didn't seem sufficient, but it would have to do.

She took stock of him in an instant. Apparently she wasn't the only one on the clock again. Keth supposed he might not mind as much, but it was hard to tell. She couldn't begin to imagine what the stakes were for him. She knew that hers were higher than she would have liked. One day, when she saw Dzyun again, she would bitch about how the world always seemed to fall apart whenever she started to enjoy herself. At least the call hadn't come in when she was with Kenneth. "What about you? Too much fun or home raising a racket?"

Keth wasn't sure how much she could even tell him. Not much, probably, which had been her rule for the night. That said, she could certainly spare a while for him. Her Kapitan didn't have a good idea of how long it would take her to get home and Zadian was probably busy as hell, so as long as she didn't waste a few hours, she had time. She assumed. Sometimes it was hard for her to tell what exactly was expected of her since she became arrajin. It meant a lot more freedom without someone breathing down her neck, but also a great, great deal more responsibility as evidenced by her current situation.

Why can't life be simple, like on the dance floor? she wondered.
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

Vyrsar
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vyrsar » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Rebekka and John

"Do not worry," Rebekka reassured John, leaning and bending over the bar slightly once they reached it to wait for the bartender to come for their drinks. She was all to aware of the fact that John was right behind her, and paid no mind to the fact.

She wasn't trying to seduce him. But, if his reactions were any indication, she was doing a damn good job at doing so regardless. Perhaps she would actually give him a shot. He was handsome, more so than many of the other boys there. She did a little hairflip, not even looking back at him as she spoke again.

"Of course, there are plenty of other types of dancing that I would not be restricted in."
"Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf."
-ESL
-This Nation does not represent my IRL views

Under New Management Since July 2014

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Murbella

Murbella grinned, beginning to tingle under his touch. “There is much help needed in that regard. The Vyrsarak have long been a pain in the ass, and of late they are demonstrating that once more.”

She could begin to feel the heat rising from within her. This man was strong and confident, and ambitious too. She liked that…a lot. “I wonder what sort of frontier would be fit for a tiger waiting to burst free of its cage? What would a tiger be once free of its confinement? Surely it would stake out a frontier of its own, and do that which beasts often do in the wild.”

Murbella leaned in close, ready to say something funny, with that twinkle in her eye and her red lips tickled by her sweet breath. “Maybe instead of helping Queens pull up their panties, you should focus on pulling them down.”

"What, right here and now?" said Lalery with a grin. He moved his hands up her legs and thighs under the dress, reaching for the waistband; he was very good at doing this discreetly. He was good at using the folds of a dress to disguise where his hands might be when there was relatively dimmer light, which there was for some of the slower numbers being played. However he didn't want to spoil any pleasures, and slipped his hands back out after a caressing touch, and said, "Tell me about the Vyrsarak. What's the problem with them?"

Michael

To others watching them, Mara and Michael seemed very affectionate, no doubt, and she did like him, and he was pleasing her very much tonight. "Alright, you know what you're talking about, I'm sure," she said. "Oh, it's ending..." she stepped away and clapped as the band came to the end of the piece.

"Don't go away from the slow and sweet, ladies and gentlemen," said the orchestra leader with a smile into the microphone. "Because we're going to lazily drift on a theme of romance for another song..." and the string players began strumming rhythmic chords to lead him in as he sang, Moon River.

"Wanna dance some more...oh look!" Mara burst out laughing; Precious had escaped Tegan's arms, the maid was shrugging apologetically, and the black Pommeranian was standing there staring up at Michael with his little dark eyes. She picked him up and said, "Do you mind dancing with him in the middle a bit?" her eyes twinkling at him.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:34 pm

Murbella

"What, right here and now?" said Lalery with a grin. He moved his hands up her legs and thighs under the dress, reaching for the waistband, before slipping his hands back out after a caressing touch, and said, "Tell me about the Vyrsarak. What's the problem with them?"

Murbella gasped slightly at that, and did not resist his touches. Her legs and thighs were smooth and warm to the touch, and the feeling of the Count’s hands against them made her shudder and sent shivers down her spine. A Queen she might have been, but Murbella of the Unbarreko Clan was still a woman, prey to the whims of a man. She wouldn’t have it any other way. Alazne Dain was a girl, a sheltered maiden. But Murbella was a woman grown, and she knew how to appreciate that which was within her grasp.

“Just bad blood that runs deep and ancient. They are always looking for ways to create friction, and to measure the length of their cocks…thinking that they are some great power in northern Archeron, when they are anything but. Half of the motivation we Ghantish have in countering them is merely out of spite, for amongst the Ghantish, spiting the Vyrsarak is bestows great satisfaction.”

Murbella continued. “There is no lost between Ghantar and Germans. For thousands of years the people of the coasts have fought to resist their incursions, and even at times great wars fought. My father used to tell me stories of how intruding Germans would be hung by their own entrails along the coasts, to serve as a warning of those that might come after them. For Ghant is far to indomitable for any foe to conquer…not even the Ghantish can conquer Ghant, it is said. Unification was achieved through the consolidation of blood lines and the use of blood pacts. Not a hard thing to do, as the blood runs hot in Ghant. It must be so, considering how cold it is.”

Murbella’s hand was at the base of his hair, her slender hand against the back of his neck. “Tell me true, Count Lalery, does hot does the blood run in New Edom?”

Michael

"Alright, you know what you're talking about, I'm sure," Mara said. "Oh, it's ending..." she stepped away and clapped as the band came to the end of the piece.

Michael did the same, clapping at the end of the piece in appreciation, all smiles and glistening blue eyes.

The orchestra leader began to play Moon River, and then Mara addressed him once more. "Wanna dance some more...oh look!" Mara burst out laughing; Precious had escaped Tegan's arms, the maid was shrugging apologetically, and the black Pomeranian was standing there staring up at Michael with his little dark eyes. She picked him up and said, "Do you mind dancing with him in the middle a bit?" her eyes twinkling at him.

“I would love to dance some more, and I don’t mind if Precious joins us at all!” Michael said, as he prepared himself to dance with Mara and the black Pomeranian.

How could Michael say no? How could he resist her charms, her beauty? Michael felt as though Mara rivaled any of the great Ghantish beauties, and she was now his wife. He tried to stay focused on the evening, and on dancing with Mara and wanting to have a good time.

Michael would have been lying to himself if he thought that he couldn’t wait to get her in bed. That time would come, he had to convince himself. Now was the time for celebration and partying. The rest would come in due time.

Nymun and Raymond

Prime Minister Nymun Izarbegiratzeak had thus far kept a low profile, treating with individual Ghantish lords whom he had not entertained since becoming Prime Minister.

This one particular lord was interesting, and one that he had known for a very long time. His name was Raymond Zuria, the Lord of Zuria, whose seat was the mighty fortress Aretozuri, one of the Seven Wonders of Ghant.

Raymond was with his lovely Roman wife, the Lady Flavia Ahenobarba. Together, Raymond and Flavia had five children- Caroline, Teresa, Carla, Raymond and Christopher. All of ill repute.

Caroline was the only one of the five present, and she was the mother of the Emperor of Ghant, a feat she achieved using dubious tactics and low cunning. Then there was Teresa, a woman known to be somewhat manipulative and conniving. Third was Carla, the middle child and somewhat of a blacksheep, who did as she pleased with little regard for anything beyond her own desires. All three daughters were thought to have been unfaithful to their husbands at one point or another.

Then there was Raymond and Christopher. Raymond the younger, heir to Aretozuri, was a womanizer and a powermonger. His younger brother Christopher was not unlike his older brother, for he himself was known to be lusty, especially for other women’s wives…including Valerian’s late wife Aelia, whom Christopher too great liberties with twelve years ago.

The Zurias possessed an odd blend of traditional Zuria traits and Ahenobarban ones, Nymun surmised. Like the Ahenobarbi, they were a jealous, truculent and passionate lot, while they were also ambitious, devious and underhanded like the Zurias were known to be. Perhaps it didn’t help that the Zuria clan descended from Felix Zalmuna and Antonia Galla, the bastard daughter of Emperor Aelius Felix of Rome and Sempronia Galla, the tragic sister of Emperor Gallus of Rome, who is often counted among the most vile Emperors Rome had ever seen. Raymond also possessed descent from Charles the Mazadar, through Charles the Younger’s daughter by Janessa of Jehenna, the Lady Charlotte.

Raymond was not unknown to have boasted of his lineage into his cups as he drank, and tonight was no exception. “So, Nymun, what do you think Tara Silven would do if I approached and her introduced myself and my titles, and boasted of my illustrious family tree?”

Nymun winced. “I wouldn’t recommend that, my Lord. Ghant is trying to rejuvenate relations with Ossoria, and we can ill afford such a spectacle.”

Raymond laughed. “Bah, the damn Ossorians are going to cast their eyes down upon us no matter what we do or say. The Silvens have treated us like dirt since before I was a stain on my parent’s bedsheets.”

“And they will continue to do so for as long as the Silvens have reason to avoid reconciliation.”

Raymond turned to his wife then, the aged Roman beauty Flavia Ahenobarba. “Look at this lady here, Nymun. This is a woman that can do anything. She gave me a daughter that birthed the Emperor of Ghant, and the great Arietta, who reminds me so much of myself at a young age. The other ones are alright too.” Raymond kissed his wife on the neck and placed a hand on her thigh.

That is quite the accomplishment, Nymun thought, almost sarcastically. Bawdiness runs in the family, and it comes from you!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Kenneth Sorley

"You're welcome. The pleasure was all mine and I would be happy to do it again should the opportunity arise." Kenneth replied to her. "I can never have enough fun and what will they do? Fire me?" He said to Keth with a smile.

Kenneth had reached a point where prospective clients pitched him to be their counsel, not the other way around. The ability to be selective was a great power he protected dearly. Clients urged him, demanded his attention, expressed the importance of his service but they never threatened. In the end, Kenneth always delivered. He acquired the companies they wanted, dissolved the contracts they did not and they did what he recommended without much second thought. That did not mean it was not hard work. With Keth, Kenneth had no leverage and he liked that.

Keth looked to be in a hurry. Something had come up forcing her to leave. He found himself hoping that they would see each other again. Kenneth held eye contact for a few heartbeats.

"Is there nothing I can do or say to make you stay a bit longer?" He asked, breaking the long silence.

Harvey Gentry and Eric Douglas

The two conferred with each other from the texts they received. It seemed that the government wanted to move quickly on this and did not want to take the time to organize another sit down. Harvey scanned the room and found Harcourt. Eric, despite being the Executor of State was not as good of a people person as Harvey. Although he would never admit as much. To make sure the interaction would go well, Harvey stroked Eric's ego saying that he was too high ranking and such a request should be made by somebody beneath him.

Harvey approached the group of high ranking Edomite officials who were speaking to the Schottian football player. By high ranking, that meant the highest as Perrin was among them.

"Excuse me for interrupting..." Harvey said, coming up beside Harcourt. "...Lieutenant-General..." He addressed Harcourt politely then looked at Perrin. "...Mister President, congratulations. This is a momentous day for your family that I am certain will be cherished for many years to come. Your cousin looks stunning as always. At least from what I have seen in our magazines. Queen Mara has become quite a hit in Novitera since expressing her condolences for the tragedy at Soletrek. She might even be in a position to dictate fashion in our country. I'm Harvey Gentry with the Federation Directorate Panel." He introduced himself having no doubt the New Edomite Minister of Police knew of his role in the Noviteran intelligence community. "I seem to have on my possession some of the finest made Noviteran cigars." He patted his suit jacket where the inside pocket was located. "Would one or both of you like to step outside on the balcony to enjoy them with Executor Eric Douglas and myself? You would honor us. If that is, I can manage to pull either of you away from such an esteemed athlete." Harvey said and looked at Gary. "I hope you don't mind Mister Corsie."
Last edited by Novitera on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Murbella

The little gasps Murbella made were music to his ears, but he was willing to save some of that for later; he resumed running his hands from her back to backside slowly.

“Just bad blood that runs deep and ancient. They are always looking for ways to create friction, and to measure the length of their cocks…thinking that they are some great power in northern Archeron, when they are anything but. Half of the motivation we Ghantish have in countering them is merely out of spite, for amongst the Ghantish, spiting the Vyrsarak is bestows great satisfaction.”

Murbella continued. “There is no lost between Ghantar and Germans. For thousands of years the people of the coasts have fought to resist their incursions, and even at times great wars fought. My father used to tell me stories of how intruding Germans would be hung by their own entrails along the coasts, to serve as a warning of those that might come after them. For Ghant is far to indomitable for any foe to conquer…not even the Ghantish can conquer Ghant, it is said. Unification was achieved through the consolidation of blood lines and the use of blood pacts. Not a hard thing to do, as the blood runs hot in Ghant. It must be so, considering how cold it is.”

"They're also very rational people," said Lalery. "Improving your own country's defenses, economy and government would help considerably." he was about to say more but then

Murbella’s hand was at the base of his hair, her slender hand against the back of his neck. “Tell me true, Count Lalery, does hot does the blood run in New Edom?”

"Very, but we also control it ruthlessly, aware of how hot it is, and direct its flow with etiquette, with laws and customs," Lalery said. "Beneath the surface of course even the most civilized of us is often very wild at heart. But I warn you: we have no tradition of chivalry here though we are courteous people."

Michael

The funny thing about a lapdog; they were bred to be held, and so Precious hung quite happily between the couple as they danced, his soft fur brushing their hands, and Mara said, "I think he's starting to like you. Poms can be very strong willed, so that's a good sign, he's kind of a one person dog really. This is a nice song, my father really liked it, so does my mother. Where is she?" she looked around and realized Rebecca had left. She shrugged mentally, having a pretty shrewd idea of where she was..."Oh never mind, she's off with her lover I bet. And look, there's Prime Minister Nymun Kookaburra or whatever he's called, what a funny looking man! They say he's nice."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Camilla and William

"It's going pretty well," said Camilla softly. The music had stopped and gone into slow dancing, and without thinking she went into his arms. "You know I missed....our runs together! Gosh it's been so busy hasn't it with the wedding...and all the tragedy in the world, but I'm so glad that Mara has shown everyone what a big heart she has, we're all so proud of her. Whew, what a lot of work this wedding was, I had to do all this phone calling and delegating work to people, more than ever in my life, but the palace staff and the companies we deal with are so efficient. We had this problem with the flowers, they'd arranged for the wrong colour, and I was so boo hoo about it but then Mara told me it was okay, we just needed to take some from the gardens and she was a little firm about it, she's never been mean to me, but she said, "Camilla, you know I don't want to spend a lot, right? We're just going to take stuff from our own gardens, a bunch of court families' households will prepare the food, it'll all be fine--though I think the Majestic Hotel wants to contribute some stuff since we kept it going after the chain collapsed," that's what she said anyway as much as I could remember.

"Oh and you know..." Camilla realized she was babbling. I love you, I love you, I'm falling in love with you, I want you to kiss me so bad. "Um..." she said lamely, "Great band anyway right?" as they danced and as she forgot whether she should be finding her husband to dance with him or not.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Harvey Gentry and Eric Douglas, and Gary Corsie

Perrin Pahath-Moab and Sidney Harcourt studied the Noviteran with apparent curiousity. Harcourt drew on his cigarette and then put it out in a nearby standing ashtray, Perrin smiled. "Thank you, for the kind remarks about the Queen. We are all very proud of her and very happy for her." He glanced at Harcourt who gave the faintest nod, and said, "Commander Rautio, why don't you lead Mr. Corsie over to talk to the Director of Sport and see if you can get him another drink? And remember, Mr. Corsie: you play ball with me, and I'll play ball with you; you do your bit, and I'll do mine. We're all part of the same team, in a fight for freedom. Work hard, train hard, play hard, and play the game!"

The young naval officer bowed his head. "This way, Mr. Corsie. I'm Kaarlo Rautio, the President's Chief of Staff. The President has to circulate I'm afraid, a matter of duty. How are you settling in? Have you gotten a bungalow or a flat? You can get a better rate on a bungalow you know, and you really will need a housekeeper, I hope you have a good one..."

Perrin walked briskly along towards the gallery that led to the balcony that overlooked Betharan Palace's gardens. Harcourt and staff in tow, though the staff fell back as they reached the balcony proper. "No fireworks tonight, the Queen really did want to spare expenses in light of recent tragic events," he said to Douglas. Rover, the dog, sniffed carefully at the two Noviterans and snorted a few times.

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Harvey Gentry and Eric Douglas

Harvey happily petted Rover as he came near while Eric ignored the dog. The group that walked towards the balcony must have aroused great suspicion from the guests. First there was President Perrin Pahath-Moab and the New Edomite Minister of Police, Lieutenant-General Harcourt. The Noviterans included the Executor of State, Eric Douglas and the Chairman of the FDP Intelligence Committee, Harvey Gentry. They were all powerful, or for the New Edomites, the most powerful people in their respective nations. The chances that they were having a private meeting for idle chatter would seem slim for any observing.

"As a former leader in the private sector, I approve of reducing costs. Thank you for coming out with us Mister President." Eric replied simply.

The Executive Guards followed the party to the door and stayed put. Harvey shut the balcony door behind them and pulled out the cigars. He cut each one with his own cigar cutter meticulously and handed them out.

"The tobacco is grown in the states of Welster and southern Tash-Murkon. Superb climate for tobacco crop. I think you'll find the quality of these cigars on par with the best that Cornellia can produce." Harvey explained. He struck a long match and lit each of their cigars before lighting his own and taking a puff. "Mmm, been craving one of these for a while. If you think them less than excellent, please keep it to yourself. I would be compelled to argue with you. We would not want such a spectacle for the other guests." Harvey said, clearly joking.

"We do not want to take up too much of your time..." Eric said before being cut off by Harvey.

"Executor Douglas, where are your manners? These cigars take time to smoke and we can discuss business in a moment. I'd first like to ask our New Edomite companions how things are getting along. It's a rare opportunity for us to get to know these men in person. Unless, they would like to move to more pressing matters?" Harvey said and gestured Perrin and Sidney Harcourt. Eric was fuming at Harvey undermining him but kept it to himself.
Last edited by Novitera on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbites
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arbites » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Robertson and Remus plodded their way up to the balcony. Not realizing that she was an Adiran, Robertson gave Julia a practiced smile and friendly nod before shuffling on, his assistant in tow. "Here, the noise is more tolerable up here, the heretics' presence less so, but we have endured worse," the Cardinal was saying as he reached the top of the stairs.

"I will have a Chenin-Blanc, unless the champagne is of top quality. Oh, and Remus, feel free to get yourself some water," Robertson offered "generously." The Acolyte promptly took off down the stairs, eyes briefly jumping between Samantha, Holly, Mara, and a few of the Ghantish women. Upon ordering an appropriate bottle, he also took a second glass which he tucked away in his vestments.

Remus found that Undersecretary Dathan was following him up the stairs, right back to his table in fact. The President of the Allied States wanted to speak to Robertson, apparently. Betraying nothing, the Cardinal simply politely said to Dathan "Of course, brother. In fact, there was a matter I wished to discuss with him as well. Shall we go now or is His Excellency indisposed?"

Samantha was aware she was catching a few looks from some of the other men. She enjoyed the attention, especially considering some of the attention was from handsome men in uniform. If other men were looking, her man might get a little jealous, keep him wrapped around her finger that way. That way he wouldn't look at other women the way the likes of Enoch, Cotta, and other Edomites were looking at her.

Plus it meant she could still turn heads after four kids. Some women looked like they were permanently inflated after their first, or worse, they sagged. Samantha had no pity for them. Certainly if she could keep up appearances, it couldn't be that hard, right? Sure, she might not look the same as their wedding night, but she was more womanly now. You just had to wear it right. Besides, what was she going to do, not have children? People would talk. They'd start to wonder if they'd consummated their marriage, which would have all sorts of sordid implications; infidelity, homosexuality, feminism, abortion, and impotence among them.

Speaking of infidelity, someone she didn't know from a country she never heard of came up and asked her husband to dance. The nerve! Before Jacob had a chance to answer, Samantha replied "Why that hardly seems proper, have we been introduced?"
He who stands with me shall be my brother

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:25 pm

With Kenneth

"I wish I could stay for the whole night," Keth said quietly. She wished when work told her to jump, she didn't just ask how high and then do it. People depended on her no matter how much she didn't feel up to the task and that wasn't going to change when everything was said and done. She would see Kenneth again, that much she was fairly certain of. Business would invariably bring her around to Novitera one day or another, particularly when she considered what she'd heard of the FIS. Admittedly, that wasn't much as it was largely left to the other sections.

She considered her options before settling on the best one she could think of. "One last dance?" she said. It was a question rather than a statement, as if she herself wasn't certain if she would have the chance. An accurate representation of reality, as far as she was concerned.

The Kapitan would probably be unhappy if she knew, but then again, there was something of a closeted human being in the form of Siran Zadian if rumor was to be believed. Everyone in their line of work had feelings, no matter how shallow or sociopathic. It brought out the human in people...often ugly and sometimes amazing. Kethiilys was no different. Her emotions worked perfectly. She merely didn't listen to them very often. This was a rare opportunity to be herself, whoever that was, for just a little while longer.
- Pope Julius III

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:40 pm

Murbella

Lalery continued to run his hands slowly down her backside. "They're also very rational people," said Lalery. "Improving your own country's defenses, economy and government would help considerably."

Then came Lalery’s response to her question about hot blood. "Very, but we also control it ruthlessly, aware of how hot it is, and direct its flow with etiquette, with laws and customs," Lalery said. "Beneath the surface of course even the most civilized of us is often very wild at heart. But I warn you: we have no tradition of chivalry here though we are courteous people."

“Why not just let it flow as it is meant to? For is it truly a thing to be controlled so ruthlessly?” Murbella laughed at his warning. “A pleasant warning, for we have little use for chivalry where I am from. In my neck of the woods, we let the chips fall as they may. Life is far too short to control such things or restrain them. Might as well just let them happen, and let the flow go where it may.”

Then came the next question. “How ruthlessly do you control it?” Murbella couldn’t help but wonder.

Michael

Mara held the dog between them. "I think he's starting to like you. Poms can be very strong willed, so that's a good sign, he's kind of a one person dog really. This is a nice song, my father really liked it, so does my mother. Where is she?" she looked around and realized Rebecca had left. She shrugged mentally, having a pretty shrewd idea of where she was..."Oh never mind, she's off with her lover I bet. And look, there's Prime Minister Nymun Kookaburra or whatever he's called, what a funny looking man! They say he's nice."

Michael nodded. “I am glad Poms is starting to warm up to me. As far as Nymun, he is pretty cool, really funny, down to earth guy. Looks like he is talking to Nathan’s grandparents…interesting people those two are.” Michael chuckled.
Last edited by Ghant on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Late Roman Empire wrote:The Caesar Titus Clemens wasn't really in much of a mood to socialize, however, if he didn't, he would just end up dwelling on the pain that he felt and saw from his encounter with Ava. He had tried to make things better for her, but he now thought that it was worse. He had to avoid running into her if she was so determined to be sad, but what could he have done? Take her into his arms and kiss her openly on the mouth, thus angering her family and bringing the wrath of her brother Elijah down on her? The Admiral already hated him....he didn't want the man to start despising his own sister!

Get it together, man, he told himself. You have a wife, the daughter of the Augustus himself! Quit wallowing in self-pity. Find someone to get Ava off your mind for a little while.

Lacking anything better to do, the Caesar approached Ksenya of Ganosia at the punch.

"Domina, perhaps you would like to dance?" he smiled at her.

Ksenya was shocked to have recieved the Caesar's request. Why would he want to dance with her? There were so many noble and royal ladies around for him to choose from, and yet he decided upon a lowly secretary, whose family lineage was little more than typical common stock? She couldn't believe it, that he really wanted to dance with someone like her.

She gently put her glass down and reciprocated the smile, blushing slightly at the attention she was recieving from him. Had she not been caught up in the shock, she'd have noticed her boss eying her from a distance, wondering, calculating....

"Your Majesty," said Ksenya, "I wouldn't mind dancing with you. I should tell you I don't think I'm all that good, though...."

As much as she wanted to, she hadn't wanted to embarass herself while dancing with the Caesar. Better to tell him upfront than to potentially incur his displeasure later on, right?

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Novitera
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novitera » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Kenneth Sorley

That was a positive sign. If Keth was holding off on an important matter for him, he must have done something right. Another dance seemed appealing but he had another idea. Even though the rest of the world seemed to evaporate when he was dancing with Keth, he did not want to go back in that crowded room. Despite being a decent talker and excellent negotiator, Kenneth is introverted. He disdained crowds which seemed to sap his energy and preferred intimate conversations with few people.

"No." Kenneth said simply then smiled. "I'd rather go for a short walk with you. Palaces like these don't exist in Novitera. It's all steel and glass. The more modern looking the better. We can end at your car. If I am truly a gentleman, I am obligated to not let you go alone anyways. Don't worry, you'll always be Keth the Dancer." He offered and held out an elbow.

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shalum » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Freya with James

James realized only a few moments too late, the tone that he used when he mentioned that he was single. He hadn't meant for his reply to come out as it had, clipped and quick. He had healed a lot over the two years since his wife's passing, and he had more or less moved on since then, especially with the help of an unnamed princess, but there were still those rare moments when his sadness seemed to well up from springs that he had long since thought dry. He took a sip of his wine, and as he glanced at his glass, he realized that he'd gone through it a lot quick then he meant to. It wasn't quite empty, but a few more good sips and it would be.

"And the same goes to you, Freya. Feel free to call me James, a lot of my employees and even assistants call me by my first name" he replied with an honest shrug; trying to get past any negative feelings that he may have inadvertently stirred up. In turn, he finished his own drink. He was on his way to a good buzz if he kept this up.

Thankfully for James, it appeared that was getting off easy compared to her, as he was taking a two day leave once he returned to Shalum. In his job, a lot of what he did was talking and reading reports to the Council members that were part or tasked with overseeing the exchequer. Much of the grunt work was handled by his skilled staff, who had been doing it long before he ever took office. Even so, he nodded sagely. His job took up a good chunk of his day, so much so that he had spent a few nights in his office. It didn't leave a huge amount of time for socializing either, meaning he didn't have much in the way of friends. "I know what you mean. I have to do a lot of my travelling for my job, and a lot of speaking in front of the Council of Dominae. I feel like I'm always on the road, writing a report, or forcing a few hours a sleep. Not much time to meet that special someone" he replied.

At the mention of drinking and dancing, followed by a quick assurance that she wasn't coming onto him, he chuckled and gave her a small smile. "Don't worry about. I would love too, sure. Though I must warn you, I haven't done too much dancing since my college days" he declared with an amused look. "So drinks and dancing then?" he asked as he titled his head toward the bar. "Lead the way, Freya" he said.

Jack and Rosalina

Jack was dumbfounded as his first love began to bawl into his uniform. He could feel her body slide down his own, causing him to only hold her tighter in an effort to keep her in place. She was rather light, so he had no difficulty in that regard. His heart felt pained as he saw her continue to cry and whimper into him, her tears soaking the outer layer of his dress uniform. His began to gently rub her back with his calloused hands, the only way of comforting he could think of at the moment.

“…I can’t believe it’s you either…I am sorry”

Jack's eyes went wider at the words, as much as they could possibly go at this point. She was the one that felt bad? From the way it sounded, it seemed like she was blaming herself for all that had happened. If there was anyone to blame, it was him. After all, he had been the one to take her virtue, so a good deal of blame rested on his shoulders. "Don't say that Rosalina, please? If anyone is to blame...it's me. I'm the one that...brought you to the next stage of life. And as they say, it takes two to tango, does it not?" he murmured quietly as he held onto her, lamely trying to get something out of her other than a sob. He knew that they probably should move to somewhere a bit less public, but still in the ballroom, but for once; he didn't care too much. He hadn't seen this woman in very close to two decades, a few potential hits to his record was probably worth it.

Rebekka and John

John followed the Vyrsarian girl to the bar, keeping good pace with her, one hand still resting on her hip. For the moment, it wasn't too risque compared to what have may been happening around him on the dance floor, but it certainly let her know that he was still with her. However, as they got to the bar, he broke contact with her, allowing his hand to drop, while doing his best to not accidentally graze her backside as he did so. His older brothers would have taken the opportunity to cop a feel, especially when it came to a girl like her, but that just wasn't the way he operated.

As she did a hair flip, John shifted a bit. For some reason, he actually enjoyed seeing that, though he wasn't quite sure why. There was nothing overtly appealing about it, but his brain seemed to approve of the action. Her next words, however, seemed to cause his brain to cease all operations for a moment and his heart beat faster. "Of course, there are plenty of other types of dancing that I would not be restricted in."

Was...that was a come on line right? He mentally cursed himself for his lack of field experience with these things. Maybe William and Matthew were right, he needed to get out of the library and labs a bit in favor of hitting clubs with his oldest brother. He did have experience with women, he wasn't one of those types; but compared to his older brothers, he was little more than his novice.

Once his mind got going a few milliseconds later, he began to think about the best way to respond to that. What kind of approach should he use? Should he be like Matthew, the aggressive type who didn't mind getting shot down. Generally, he was the most successful of the three, with more proverbial notches on his belt than either of his male siblings. No...while Matthew's approach often worked, it usually required getting shot down ever third time. No, this time he was going to do this his own way...whatever that meant.

Before he replied, a bartender arrived and took their orders. For himself, John got a imported lager from Schottia, as he found the amber liquid quite good. He would only drink one though at most, considering it had a decent alcohol content. "Is that so?" he asked as he met her eyes with a slightly raised eyebrow. "I've always been quite fond of dancing myself. What types of dance do you prefer?" he asked as he held the gaze, albeit a bit nervously. He mentally cursed himself for that. To him, it sounded a bit too innocent, not a strong enough reply. He was definitely interested in her, but then again, few wouldn't be in this beauty from the north.

Camilla and William

A soft smile formed on William's lips as Camilla moved into his arms without him having to invite her. The music had slowed significantly into something more akin to a slow dance...the same type that had landed he and her in an odd position last time around. He felt his heart flutter as she was against him now, the feeling all too right. "Oh yeah...I'm sorry about that, been really busy lately with so much going on. I've missed our runs too..." he managed to get in.

That's when it happened, words spilling from her mouth faster than he thought possible, though he managed to understand most of it, or so he thought anyway. Something about flowers and misplacement, right? As they continued to dance, the smile on his lips grew, a warm look in his eyes as he found her babbling rather endearing. She was really cute when she did that, and the look of realization on her face was just as attractive.

He bit back a gulp. Dammit, he wanted to kiss her, sweep her off her feet, so much that it practically hurt him not to. He was quite sure that he was falling in love with her, if he wasn't already. This wasn't that 'puppy love' as Jean-Paul called it when he spoke of Lavinia. According to the major, people his age fell in and out of love a couple of times before they settled, and only now was William beginning to see how much truth there was to that. He found himself lost in the beauty of the woman in his arms, and it took him a moment for her words to catch up with him.
"Oh...oh yeah the band is great, great choice of music" he replied as he looked down at her. At the moment, the thoughts of Lavinia were the furthest from his mind. "Umm Camilla, you know how you mentioned those runs? If you ever want to, we can do that again, if you have time of course" he replied; trying to make conversation. He wanted to complement her beauty, or give her a kiss, but alas he could not.
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

Nalaya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:59 pm

With Kenneth

Keth smiled in relief that she wasn't rebuffed, even though she knew the chances of that happening were fairly slim. She took his arm gladly and ignored the sound of her phone buzzing again. It was just an incoming text, probably from one of her coworkers. "Even better," she said of the walk. Crowds had the appeal of anonymity, but they were also dangerous. Anyone could come from anywhere. Besides, she wasn't certain if she had another dance in her. "I must admit that the only other palace I have ever been in is the Zoranots'in in Sevan, but it is very different."

She liked New Edom, even if she hadn't see much of its high art or architecture. Even the swamps of Bara hadn't turned her off to the country, though she'd waited for more leeches to drop off than she cared to remember. Oh, and there was the rain. Mustn't forget the rain, she thought dryly. For a while, she had forgotten what it felt like to be dry. A run through E&E: Desert Edition, as her coworkers jokingly called it, had fixed that very quickly.

If there was one thing she could always count on, it was finding sterling company in New Edom. This trip was no exception. She knew she probably should have bid her farewells officially, but this was far preferable. "All steel and glass? How strange," Keth said as she tried to imagine something like that. Yeraskh was as close as she could come with its skyscrapers and concrete, but even its buildings were at least thirty years old. Besides, Yeraskh had an element of shadiness to large parts of the city, still a jungle of ruinous buildings and nightclubs in the damaged parts of town where vice flourished. She was well acquainted with the flaws of her home city. It was where people went to lose things—money, morals, themselves. She liked to imagine Novitera as something more wholesome. "I will have to see that some day."

If Kenneth ever saw Nalaya, she hoped it would be in a city like Arax or Sevan or Zmrukht. Somewhere beautiful and safe where life moved at the proper pace. Where people enjoyed themselves with relatively little crime. Certainly, Yeraskh was policed by the vostikanut'yun, but for the most part the city was a battleground between the government and criminal groups that included the Vshtali. And it was in the best interests of certain kinds of people that it stayed that way. Useful things came out of strife. People like Kethiilys, for example. Yeraskh had made her what she was...and she didn't always like to see that staring her in the mirror in the morning.
- Pope Julius III

Schottia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schottia » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Gary and Perrin
'Well he did better than most Alizerians.' Joked Gary, bending down to ruffle the hair on Rover's head. 'Ive often though I would like to own a dog and now that I'm setting up home here I might just do that.' It was one of those comments that was as much to himself as it was to the intended recipient. He was happy that he had seemed to have passed the sniff test. Animals often didn't like him, they seemed to sense the deep rooted unease within him; on occasion he had been known to make dogs howl just by looking at them. Cats would often arch their backs. This meeting was definitely proof that he was making progress.

'It's always nice to meet a fan of the team you play for.' Lied Gary. 'In some ways it makes it all worthwhile.' The last Port Sebastian fan he had met had somewhat forcefully initiated sexual intercourse with him. While he strongly doubted that would happen this time, incidents like that, coupled with that fat Porty fan on crutches, who had spat on him at the airport, were enough to leave him wary. Gary had always been of the opinion that trouble followed him everywhere he went. What he had come to realise however, was that mostly it was some result of his own doing.

Gary took his leave from Perrin and Harcourt, a little relieved to have survived his encounter.

‘Nice to meet you Mr Rautio.’ He said, now in tow with the young naval officer, the sound of another drink an overwhelming temptation.

‘I decided on a bungalow in the end. I’ve lived in flats my whole life, so the prospect of a stair-less existence is an exciting proposition.’
Last edited by Schottia on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vyrsar
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vyrsar » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Rebekka and John

Rebekka ordered for herself a small glass of white wine. As it was served to her, she noted several things. One of which was that it was warm. Relatively warm, about room temperature. She had to resist frowning as she sipped the golden liquid. Warm. Who served white wine warm?

She placed the thin glass on the counter, turning around to be face to face with John, her back against the bar. She noted that his tie was slightly crooked, and his jacket slightly ruffled. She reached out, fixing both of those things as she smiled and answered his question.

"Well," she began, "I usually prefer the more..."

She paused for a moment, as though to think. She stood up straight from leaning back against the bar, inadvertently getting closer to him.

"...intimate types of dancing."
"Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf."
-ESL
-This Nation does not represent my IRL views

Under New Management Since July 2014

Deadora
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deadora » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Erryk actually missed a step, he was so shocked by Zara's introduction. He recovered well, and just as the music switched from energetic to intimate. It was as if a switch had been thrown inside him. He drew her close, one hand on the small of her back, pressing her into his well muscled frame; the other rising to the nape of her neck, fingers curling in her hair until they were a fist that held tight those stormy locks. His gentleman's smile had become a mocking sneer. He pulled her head back, forcing her gaze to meet his own eyes, which now shone with defiance and challenge. He could see it now, what he'd so clumsily glimpsed before. The mark of the Family, the eyes of a Thrall.

All the while he led the dance, keeping them away from prying ears.

"Mother told me of the hunt for the Shamed One's spawn. She told me the line died with Obara. Looks like she hid you well." Erryk jeered. The fingers locked in her hair tightened. "Why are you here, half-breed?"

"However, let's not let this turn into a pissing contest."

How strange, Crowd thought, I feel like I've just showered.

In fact, he wasn't at all sure how to talk to this woman who attributed to him greater stature and reputation than he could ever hope to merit. He was a skilled soldier yes, but he had seen women and men better than he torn apart by bullets and shrapnel. Crowd had had his moment of glory, and been rewarded well, but he was no demigod. Some of the men under his command thought so, and he'd beat it out of them. A kinder fate than if the other officers heard such talk. It was a saddening thought to imagine his reputation outside Deadora being similar. He was, after all, only a man.

"Look, we got off to a bad start. Start again? I am Lucia Antonia, recently cashiered Imperial Relief Officer here in New Edom. I only lost this job because I angered the Emperor. You are?"

"As you wish, Mistress." Crowd said, forcing a smile. "I am Benjamin Crowd, Captain of the 22nd Light Infantry Company, loyal soldier of the Imperial Army, loyal citizen of the Deadoran Empire. Well met, Mistress Antonia."
Strategy is the art of creating power.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Harvey and Douglas

Perrin and Harcourt silently lit up the cigars with a match, inhaling them. Rover wagged his tail slowly, happy to be petted by a friendly stranger but now and then glancing at Perrin as though for approval.

Perrin took amoment looking over the lights of the city. Unlike cities like Avantine, it was a fairly low lying city, few buildings above ten stories, and few enough of those. Here and there in the city were illuminated crosses on top of large domed churches and cathedrals. The gardens were beautifully illuminated by lamps. The music could be heard and felt from within, the faint sound of fountains and rustling branches from below.

"Well, as you say, economies...and I have an economy of time to deal with, Mr. Executor," said Perrin a friendly way but with rather serious eyes. "What can I do for you?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates