NATION

PASSWORD

Allied Assembly [IC|MT] [REGION-CLOSED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Leveat
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Ismeil wrote:
Leveat wrote:
Marianne looks down and breathes deeply. "A core tenet of most any theocracy is that citizens must convert to the theocracy's religion or be punished in some way. Furthermore, freedom of speech IS violated as you're preventing them from peacefully expressing an idea, which is exactly what freedom of speech is."

Asuman looks at Marianne like she doesn't know what is politics and responds to her comment.

"Marianne I respect your position as chancellor,but freedom of speech is free to an extent
we can take many examples of governments all around the world,you cannot say by example
"Sikhism is Best Christians are pigs" in the middle of a Mostly Christian country,Also the
mission of most theocracies are and you are right to convert but my resolution is not
against religious conversion,it is against anti-religious propaganda and vandalism of religious
artifacts,saints and religious figures.It is not peaceful to slander and taint the name of a follower
of the religion or the religion it self"

Asuman ends he's speech by sitting on he's chair in the council chamber

"Excuse me a moment," Marianne muttered and marched briskly out the door. A few minutes later, she came back in, visibly calmer.
"Freedom of speech as a concept is the ability to peacefully support anything. There are few if any countries with pure freedom of speech as most have laws against hate speech, but pure freedom of speech would allow you to say that. And I'd be surprised if you could name a place where someone couldn't say that out loud in the middle of town square. As for theocracies, what about religious exclusion? Surely a theocracy's government would exclude non-believers from government services, or even from society as a whole..."
The Leveat that can be spoken of is not the true Leveat,
but it is a pretty close alternative, in any case. You can talk about it if you want.
History · Constitution · That One Issue · All Hail · Miscellany · Meet Levball (drawn by Ismeil)

Allied Assembly
Secretary

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Assembly » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:02 pm

THE INTERNATIONAL HEALTH ORGANISATION
Since the Birth of Mankind, we have been faced with innumerable plagues and diseases. As such we should propose that a single international body be created to combat the threat that these viruses pose. For the good of Mankind.

The Allied Assembly agrees:
To the creation of the International Health Organisation.
That nations will cooperate under the IHO to combat pathogens which pose a threat to human civilization.
That all gathered data regarding such pathogens, that is not of importance of national or international security, will be released to the Public
That the requisite personnel will be provided to the IHO by member nations

Authour: Tarazed

Watch voting progress in the OP!
Last edited by Allied Assembly on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:09 pm

"The Confederacy of Independent States of Tula votes in favor of the IHO proposal." Ambassador Polkan stated as he got the confirmation from the Executive Council back home.

George spain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby George spain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Application Form
Name of Nation:The Absolute Monarchy of George Spain
Name of Delegate: King Georges VII
Form of Government: Absolute Monarchy
Last edited by George spain on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: The British Empire (Ruled by an absolute monarchy) ,Ukraine , The UK to give wales more power
Anti: Soviet Union ,Scotland, Hitler & his Nazi stuff, WW3

Spain starts the invasion of Prandora - Ongoing
Metcalfer invades the nation of Freeda- Betrayed Freeda and WON!

AkAr Cydonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AkAr Cydonia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:28 pm

Application Form
Name of Nation: AkAr Cydonia
Name of Delegate: Jack Ryan
Form of Government: Constitutional Republic

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:55 pm

George spain wrote:Application Form
Name of Nation:The Absolute Monarchy of George Spain
Name of Delegate: King Georges VII
Form of Government: Absolute Monarchy

Denied, sorry. Read the OP please. Region-restricted.
but it is a pretty close alternative, in any case. You can talk about it if you want.
History · Constitution · That One Issue · All Hail · Miscellany · Meet Levball (drawn by Ismeil)

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:55 pm

AkAr Cydonia wrote:Application Form
Name of Nation: AkAr Cydonia
Name of Delegate: Jack Ryan
Form of Government: Constitutional Republic

Accepted! Glad to have you here at last, Cy. :)

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Leveat wrote:
Ismeil wrote:
Asuman looks at Marianne like she doesn't know what is politics and responds to her comment.

"Marianne I respect your position as chancellor,but freedom of speech is free to an extent
we can take many examples of governments all around the world,you cannot say by example
"Sikhism is Best Christians are pigs" in the middle of a Mostly Christian country,Also the
mission of most theocracies are and you are right to convert but my resolution is not
against religious conversion,it is against anti-religious propaganda and vandalism of religious
artifacts,saints and religious figures.It is not peaceful to slander and taint the name of a follower
of the religion or the religion it self"

Asuman ends he's speech by sitting on he's chair in the council chamber

"Excuse me a moment," Marianne muttered and marched briskly out the door. A few minutes later, she came back in, visibly calmer.
"Freedom of speech as a concept is the ability to peacefully support anything. There are few if any countries with pure freedom of speech as most have laws against hate speech, but pure freedom of speech would allow you to say that. And I'd be surprised if you could name a place where someone couldn't say that out loud in the middle of town square. As for theocracies, what about religious exclusion? Surely a theocracy's government would exclude non-believers from government services, or even from society as a whole..."

Asuman again stands up responding to Marianne with a frustated but yet calm voice

"Marianne if you want to go this liberal,then why not just
let every one have marijuana or heroine,putting pure freedom in everything would
create cause and anarchy,if I am correct if that was to happen I could explode here
right now,but since I am no terrorist I am a organizer I won't, now Although
you are right may I mension something you said yourself "A core tenet of any
theocracy is to convert it's populace" meaning very low amounts of people living there
are going tobe a religion diferent from the theocracy's,now your question
there is such of thing as "overdoing it", like my comment before order must be kept but order
and liberty are to be balanced.
You want me to mention ONE country ok here: All of them.
but you know why you don't here many? because of slander and taint they poure on others
governments make exceptions."

as Asuman sat down he awaited closely to Marianne's response.
"Deadmen tend to tell more tales than the Living"

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Ismeil wrote:
Leveat wrote:

Asuman again stands up responding to Marianne with a frustated but yet calm voice

let every one have marijuana or heroine,putting pure freedom in everything would
create cause and anarchy,if I am correct if that was to happen I could explode here
theocracy is to convert it's populace" meaning very low amounts of people living there
there is such of thing as "overdoing it", like my comment before order must be kept but order
but you know why you don't here many? because of slander and taint they poure on others

Marianne tried several times to get words out, but she was simply too frustrated.
She began to type and shortly printed out a written response.

I never said I or Leveat supports pure freedom of speech. I simply said what it was. And I have no idea how you would explode, that would require a security breach and someone bringing weapons in.
Leveat itself does have laws that restrict hate speech. I also asked for one specific example, simply "all of them" isn't a valid answer. And of course marijuana and heroin are outlawed.

As for the theocracy: Certainly a low amount, but a low amount is not zero. And how does the theocracy convert them if it fails to simply convince them?
Propaganda against other religions, line two, and exclusion from government services or from society, line one.

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Leveat wrote:
Ismeil wrote:

Marianne tried several times to get words out, but she was simply too frustrated.
She began to type and shortly printed out a written response.

I never said I or Leveat supports pure freedom of speech. I simply said what it was. And I have no idea how you would explode, that would require a security breach and someone bringing weapons in.
Leveat itself does have laws that restrict hate speech. I also asked for one specific example, simply "all of them" isn't a valid answer. And of course marijuana and heroin are outlawed.

As for the theocracy: Certainly a low amount, but a low amount is not zero. And how does the theocracy convert them if it fails to simply convince them?
Propaganda against other religions, line two, and exclusion from government services or from society, line one.

Asuman silenced and wrote an email to Marianne in his response

And I never said you or your country support it,but you used examples that are way out of scale of modern politics
,again Marianne it's an example, do you honestly think I a politician,which supports counter-terrorists forces would explode here and now
I cannot give an example without coming to another politician and ask if he's country has or not.
Also again if I must
point out this goes to majority if a sikh stays in a shinto theocracy it is not our problem,but if but if a large group of sikhs stay in the shinto theocracy they will most likely leave the country or convert,there are ways out of you're question,A politician serves the majority,if every single man has to be represented there would have to be millions of politicians to represent each group.
Now my questions are:
Do you support religious exclusion?
Do you Vandalise Religious symbols?
Do you disrespect other religions?

Tarazed
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:21 pm

DeWitt was silent at her desk as the two ambassadors began writing themselves to death - laughing inwardly at the whole debacle, to be frank: she was more than thankful that religion had abolished in Tarazed and to see any form of religious imagery was incredibly rare. Come to think of it, she hadn't heard an argument on this subject in quite some time - it was amusing to say the least.
Last edited by Tarazed on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON 1 - Maximum readiness
DEFCON 2 - Next step to nuclear war/Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 - Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness/Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
>DEFCON 4< - Above normal readiness
DEFCON 5 - Lowest state of readiness/Normal readiness

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:25 pm

Ambassador Polkan sighed as the Ambassador from the Sultanate continued to try and push his agenda rather than vote on the issue at hand and the unfortunate Chancellor was forced to continue the clearly aggravating argument. Looking back to his laptop Polkan found that the Executive Council had finally made it's decision on the proposal by the Sultanate of Ismeil.

With a deep breath Ambassador Polkan stood up once more and announced "The Confederacy of Independent States of Tula declares that it will not support the proposal by the Sultanate of Ismeil and will move against it if the proposal reaches voting procedure. The Confederacy of Independent States of Tula would also look favorably upon the representative of the Sultanate of Ismeil to place his nation's vote on the proposal currently in voting procedure."

With that Ambassador Polkan sat down once more and looked over to the Ambassador from the Federal Republic of Tarazed and nodding to show his approval for their conduct.

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Asuman looks around the room and he sees people watching the squabbles between himself
and Marianne.
He stands up and spoke

"Our squabbles will end up nowhere since this subject is a very drifty one
I will recall my proposal once again,but I will still not comply to your reasons
I will surrender honorably,on another matter I would like to vote for the current
proposal"

Asuman sits on his chair with another of his Phisycal Digital Emails
and rights another message to the Ministry and the Council of Ismeil

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:53 pm

(OOC: Vote registered, Ismeil.)

Marianne, having collected herself, was able to speak again.
"I gave no examples in my argument. I merely stated objective facts.
And, of course we don't support these things, however it is my policy as Chancellor to do our best to support as many types of nation as possible.
Seeing as you've retracted the proposal, however, we can cease our argument, though I would prefer if you would allow other delegates time to comment as well."

The Northern Great Plains
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Great Plains » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:58 pm

James slowly in from the faxing as he had just showed up when all the commotion went on. "Well luckily I came in at the right time." He then pulls out a phone and calls the his nation's leaders. After the conversation he approached the center and stated, "As delegate of The Northern Great Plains I would gladly declare that we support the IHO amendment."

Allied Assembly wrote:
THE INTERNATIONAL HEALTH ORGANISATION
Since the Birth of Mankind, we have been faced with innumerable plagues and diseases. As such we should propose that a single international body be created to combat the threat that these viruses pose. For the good of Mankind.

To the creation of the International Health Organisation.
That nations will cooperate under the IHO to combat pathogens which pose a threat to human civilization.
That all gathered data regarding such pathogens, that is not of importance of national or international security, will be released to the Public
That the requisite personnel will be provided to the IHO by member nations

Authour: Tarazed

Watch voting progress in the OP!
MEMBER STATE of the ALLIED ASSEMBLY!

Aydean
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aydean » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Application Form
Name of Nation: Aydean
Name of Delegate: Ambassador Reylan Sela
Form of Government: Monarchy

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Aydean wrote:Application Form

Accepted, welcome! Been waiting for ya.
And FYI, ambassadors go to a country, delegates go to an organization like this. I'll correct it for you :)

Aydean
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aydean » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Leveat wrote:
Aydean wrote:Application Form

Accepted, welcome! Been waiting for ya.
And FYI, ambassadors go to a country, delegates go to an organization like this. I'll correct it for you :)

OCC: thanks

Allied Assembly
Secretary

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Assembly » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:36 pm

International Health Organization has failed to reach quorum!

Nogay Islamic Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nogay Islamic Empire » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Application Form
Name of Nation: Nogay Islamic Empire
Name of Delegate: Jalal-Ud-Din Muhammad Akbar
Form of Government: Kingdom Sultanate Democratic

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Nogay Islamic Empire wrote:Application Form
Name of Nation: Nogay Islamic Empire
Name of Delegate: Jalal-Ud-Din Muhammad Akbar
Form of Government: Kingdom Sultanate Democratic

Denied. Read the OP please. :palm:

Tarazed
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Allied Assembly wrote:International Health Organization has failed to reach quorum!

DeWitt looks stunned, how could such a sensible proposal have fallen through? She sits in her seat looking bewildered as she begins mailing a report back to Daramonty.
Last edited by Tarazed on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON 1 - Maximum readiness
DEFCON 2 - Next step to nuclear war/Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 - Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness/Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
>DEFCON 4< - Above normal readiness
DEFCON 5 - Lowest state of readiness/Normal readiness

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Tarazed wrote:
Allied Assembly wrote:International Health Organization has failed to reach quorum!

DeWitt looks stunned, how could such a sensible proposal have fallen through? She sits in her seat looking bewildered as she begins mailing a report back to Daramonty.

Marianne is equally surprised at the result.
Marianne: "I would have thought so, too. It seems that while delegates are plentiful votes aren't. Makes it hard to reach quorum, but quorum has to be there for obvious purposes."

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:52 am

"Hmm," Marianne mumbled as she reentered the Assembly hall.
Marianne: "This place seems almost deserted. All the delegates sitting like statues, doing nothing. Well, perhaps we should address the quorum issue from before?"

And with that, a printer spat out a resolution to deal with the issue.

QUORUM SOLUTION
NOTING that some perfectly sensible proposals fail in the Assembly due to not meeting quorum,
AWARE that, were we to remove the quorum altogether, a proposal could easily win by one vote for and no votes against,
FEELING that this possibility is unfair, and that as such we should not remove the quorum completely,
HOPING, however, that a solution can be found to the quorum problem,
UNDERSTANDING that the current quorum is half the delegates of the Assembly,

1. The quorum shall immediately be lowered to one-quarter of the delegates.
  2. The Chancellor shall have the ability to raise or lower the quorum to solve this problem in the future.
  3. The Chancellor shall not have the ability to exercise the powers of clause 2 to manipulate voting results.

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:40 am

Leveat wrote:"Hmm," Marianne mumbled as she reentered the Assembly hall.
Marianne: "This place seems almost deserted. All the delegates sitting like statues, doing nothing. Well, perhaps we should address the quorum issue from before?"

And with that, a printer spat out a resolution to deal with the issue.

QUORUM SOLUTION
NOTING that some perfectly sensible proposals fail in the Assembly due to not meeting quorum,
AWARE that, were we to remove the quorum altogether, a proposal could easily win by one vote for and no votes against,
FEELING that this possibility is unfair, and that as such we should not remove the quorum completely,
HOPING, however, that a solution can be found to the quorum problem,
UNDERSTANDING that the current quorum is half the delegates of the Assembly,

1. The quorum shall immediately be lowered to one-quarter of the delegates.
  2. The Chancellor shall have the ability to raise or lower the quorum to solve this problem in the future.
  3. The Chancellor shall not have the ability to exercise the powers of clause 2 to manipulate voting results.

Asuman looks annoyed at the comment
"Do you have a problem Marrianne? The quiet wind is always better than the loud voice."
Last edited by Ismeil on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates