NATION

PASSWORD

Allied Assembly [IC|MT] [REGION-CLOSED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tarazed
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Application Form
Name of Nation: The Federal Republic of Tarazed
Name of Delegate: Laura DeWitt
Form of Government: Federal Republic
Last edited by Tarazed on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON 1 - Maximum readiness
DEFCON 2 - Next step to nuclear war/Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 - Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness/Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
>DEFCON 4< - Above normal readiness
DEFCON 5 - Lowest state of readiness/Normal readiness

Leveat
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Tarazed wrote:Application Form
Name of Nation: The Federal Republic of Tarazed
Name of Delegate: Laura DeWitt
Form of Government: Democratic

Accepted! Welcome! Care to place a vote?
The Leveat that can be spoken of is not the true Leveat,
but it is a pretty close alternative, in any case. You can talk about it if you want.
History · Constitution · That One Issue · All Hail · Miscellany · Meet Levball (drawn by Ismeil)

Tarazed
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

"Thank you," Laura smiles with a polite nod as she takes a seat, "Although I do have a question about the proposal at vote. What of already established space programs? Tarazed has TISI after all, so would we have to merge TISI with the ISP or would both programs remain separate entities?"
DEFCON 2 - Next step to nuclear war/Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours
DEFCON 3 - Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness/Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Tarazed wrote:"Thank you," Laura smiles with a polite nod as she takes a seat, "Although I do have a question about the proposal at vote. What of already established space programs? Tarazed has TISI after all, so would we have to merge TISI with the ISP or would both programs remain separate entities?"

"My understanding is that your national space program is unaffected. Furthermore, you aren't formally required to participate in the international program." replies Marianne, sipping a cup of fine tea. Her laptop pings, most likely an e-mail from the Levian government, and she quickly turns to the computer to read it.
Last edited by Leveat on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
but it is a pretty close alternative, in any case. You can talk about it if you want.
History · Constitution · That One Issue · All Hail · Miscellany · Meet Levball (drawn by Ismeil)

Tarazed
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:11 pm

"Well then, now that we've clarified that...Tarazed votes FOR this resolution," Laura confirmed as she brought out a quarter circle shaped tube - about thirty centimetres long and eight centimetres wide - and placed it on the table in front of her, tapping the side of it twice to turn the device on. Almost immediately, the tube extended out two ten centimetre long, one centimetre thick tubes perpendicular to each other (one pointed towards Laura, the other towards the ceiling), moments later a hazy holographic interface was projected from both, upon clearing it became apparent that the device was an easily portable laptop with a holographic keyboard and screen. She then booted it up and logged in, drumming her fingers on the table quietly as she waited for the quick process to finish.

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:36 pm

"Oh, of course, you get the fancy holotop and I'm stuck with the 2014 model. This is so hard to work with; the keys are so unsettling, being so... so physical. Luckily, I'll have my own in a few days if everything goes right..."
Marianne devolves into dejected muttering as she reads the email. "Calm yourself, Mary. Calm yourself. Have some tea." Marianne fumbles for her cup and accidentally spills it on her desk. "AH!" she grumbles as the janitor bot helpfully cleans it up before it stains the hardwood desk.
Last edited by Leveat on Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allied Assembly
Secretary

Founded: Oct 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Assembly » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:43 pm

AA#1: INTERNATIONAL SPACE PROGRAM has passed with 6 for, 0 against, 0 abstaining!
Congratulations, American Federal Territory, for successfully authoring the first Assembly resolution!

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:53 pm

After War Subsidizing

War is a dreadful thing,if we do thiswe could lead our
world to peace,no one person will suffer for others.
if we pass this we could revolutionize
the world. cooperation will be the only option

The Allied Assembly agrees:

When 1st party ends the war,
1st party will subsidize 2nd party
when 2nd party aren't at war.

"If we don't end war,war will end us" H. G. Wells
Last edited by Ismeil on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Deadmen tend to tell more tales than the Living"

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:07 pm

Marianna turns to face Asuman. "I don't quite understand why you're proposing this. It seems to me a waste of Assembly time and horribly full of loopholes. For example, when is someone 'not at war'? Presumably, the first party could refuse to recognize that someone is not at war. Furthermore, I have to point out that your resolution would have none of the force you seem to expect, as Assembly resolutions are recommendations, not enforceable laws or requirements. Lastly, the preamble is meant to describe the purpose of the Resolution. You've placed this at the end, using the preamble to display a quote from some H.G. Wells guy. As such, in its current form Leveat would oppose such a resolution."

(OOC: I know who H.G. Wells is, but he doesn't exist in NationStates.)

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Leveat wrote:Marianna turns to face Asuman. "I don't quite understand why you're proposing this. It seems to me a waste of Assembly time and horribly full of loopholes. For example, when is someone 'not at war'? Presumably, the first party could refuse to recognize that someone is not at war. Furthermore, I have to point out that your resolution would have none of the force you seem to expect, as Assembly resolutions are recommendations, not enforceable laws or requirements. Lastly, the preamble is meant to describe the purpose of the Resolution. You've placed this at the end, using the preamble to display a quote from some H.G. Wells guy. As such, in its current form Leveat would oppose such a resolution."

Asuman responds "I don't see the loopholes you mention Marianna,Your question is simple we can ask the victim or 3rd party
if they are at war with 2nd party,I understand your concern but this could be our first step to world peace"

OOC: I always thought it was because it is written "TEXT" at the bottom
I will fix it later.

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Ismeil wrote:
Leveat wrote:Marianna turns to face Asuman. "I don't quite understand why you're proposing this. It seems to me a waste of Assembly time and horribly full of loopholes. For example, when is someone 'not at war'? Presumably, the first party could refuse to recognize that someone is not at war. Furthermore, I have to point out that your resolution would have none of the force you seem to expect, as Assembly resolutions are recommendations, not enforceable laws or requirements. Lastly, the preamble is meant to describe the purpose of the Resolution. You've placed this at the end, using the preamble to display a quote from some H.G. Wells guy. As such, in its current form Leveat would oppose such a resolution."

Asuman responds "I don't see the loopholes you mention Marianna,Your question is simple we can ask the victim or 3rd party
if they are at war with 2nd party,I understand your concern but this could be our first step to world peace"

I will fix it later.

Marianne raises her eyebrows. "So you plan on finding a completely neutral third party for each conflict? The victim of war How do you plan to go about this?" she asks. After pausing to sip her tea again, she says, "My recommendation would be to create a committee to decide if someone is at war or not. Still, however, neither party is required to uphold the resolution."

OOC: TEXT is for the part of the resolution that says what should be done.
Last edited by Leveat on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:37 am

Leveat wrote:
Ismeil wrote:

I will fix it later.

Marianne raises her eyebrows. "So you plan on finding a completely neutral third party for each conflict? The victim of war How do you plan to go about this?" she asks. After pausing to sip her tea again, she says, "My recommendation would be to create a committee to decide if someone is at war or not. Still, however, neither party is required to uphold the resolution."

OOC: TEXT is for the part of the resolution that says what should be done.

As Asuman hears this he's response is rather annoyed "As I see my resolution would become a political DISASTER i will recall it"

He finishes he's response by taking a piece of blue neon paper and takes out a pen and wrights in the air which appears on the paper,
he later folds the piece of paper blows on it and it dissapears as computer particles.

The Northern Great Plains
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Great Plains » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 pm

After all the commotion settles a bit James Harfield , looking a little concerned, sighs and states to no one in particular. "Since we gained our Independence not too long ago from a bloody Revolution we really must be behind the times with technology these days. I still have to fax these things back to the Congress." Then he gets up to go use the fax machine to fax the results of the ISP resolution and the list of all the Assembly members. "Be right back."
MEMBER STATE of the ALLIED ASSEMBLY!

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:18 am

The Northern Great Plains wrote:After all the commotion settles a bit James Harfield , looking a little concerned, sighs and states to no one in particular. "Since we gained our Independence not too long ago from a bloody Revolution we really must be behind the times with technology these days. I still have to fax these things back to the Congress." Then he gets up to go use the fax machine to fax the results of the ISP resolution and the list of all the Assembly members. "Be right back."

"I suppose I'm lucky then. As AA Delegate, I'm not required to confirm Leveat's support or rejection on each case. The Senate gives me a list of things it supports and does not support and I only have to contact them for exceptional cases."

Tarazed
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tarazed » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Ambassador DeWitt promptly began ordering her work as she assembled the proposal sent to her from Daramonty, lightly tapping the bottom of the newly assembled stack against the desk to even it out. After reviewing the document, she sent a proposal to the floor for approval.

THE INTERNATIONAL HEALTH ORGANISATION
Since the Birth of Mankind, we have been faced with innumerable plagues and diseases. As such we should propose that a single international body be created to combat the threat that these viruses pose. For the good of Mankind.

To the creation of the International Health Organisation.
That nations will cooperate under the IHO to combat pathogens which pose a threat to human civilization.
That all gathered data regarding such pathogens, that is not of importance of national or international security, will be released to the Public
That the requisite personnel will be provided to the IHO by member nations
Last edited by Tarazed on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Marianne clapped. "Wonderfully written, Mrs. DeWitt." She scans a file on her laptop for a second. "And Leveat is in full support! Does anyone else have anything to add?" she asks, looking around the room.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:53 am

Application Form
Name of Nation: Confederacy of Independent States of Tula
Name of Delegate: Dmitri Polkan
Form of Government: Confederacy

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:01 am

Independent States of Tula wrote:Application Form
Name of Nation: Confederacy of Independent States of Tula
Name of Delegate: Dmitri Polkan
Form of Government: Confederacy

You have been accepted! Thank you for applying.

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:07 am

Asuman Stands up once again
"I have brought a promising proposal"

International Program of Protection of Religion
Since the early days,man has excluded diferent religions from their settlements
this sad thought brought many to war,kill and murder.

Stop all religious exclusion
Stop all propaganda against religions
Avoid and Detain anti-religious vandalism

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:23 am

Marianne looked over the page Asuman had handed her, checking it against the list.

"I'm not certain about this. Wouldn't this ban theocracies? Certain dictatorships? Doesn't this violate freedom of speech? What does the rest of the Assembly think?"

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:26 am

Leveat wrote:Marianne looked over the page Asuman had handed her, checking it against the list.

"I'm not certain about this. Wouldn't this ban theocracies? Certain dictatorships? Doesn't this violate freedom of speech? What does the rest of the Assembly think?"

Asuman responds to Marianne with a soothing voice

"Theocracies aren't created as anti-religious symbols.they are centers of religion,that means to show what they have to offer not to offend others,
a dictatorship based on destroying religion is a horrible act, in my opinion they shouldn't exist,
Freedom of Speech isn't violated when the speech offends or excludes a religion,nationality or a race."

Asuman ends his speech by a small breath.

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:28 am

Ismeil wrote:
Leveat wrote:Marianne looked over the page Asuman had handed her, checking it against the list.

"Theocracies aren't created as anti-religious symbols.they are centers of religion,that means to show what they have to offer not to offend others,
a dictatorship based on destroying religion is a horrible act, in my opinion they shouldn't exist,
Freedom of Speech isn't violated when the speech offends or excludes a religion,nationality or a race."

Marianne looks down and breathes deeply. "A core tenet of most any theocracy is that citizens must convert to the theocracy's religion or be punished in some way. Furthermore, freedom of speech IS violated as you're preventing them from peacefully expressing an idea, which is exactly what freedom of speech is."

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:52 am

An old, bald, and grizzled looking man dressed in a business suit, prescription glasses, and with a briefcase in his right hand entered the Assembly room and found his nation's seat before placing his briefcase upon the desk in front of him. Opening up the briefcase the man ignored the files within the briefcase and grabbed the laptop within, he then closed the briefcase and moved it to be next to his chair as he opened up his laptop and opened his link to the Executive Council back home. While he did this two delegates argued about a proposal, however Dmitri Polkan ignored the argument as he typed out the two proposals to his Executive Council. He smiled a little when his former brother in arms Vladmir Tula was the one to reply with the Executive Council's decision on both proposals.

Standing up, Ambassador Polkan cleared his throat and in a voice that had been trained speaking to large crowds of arguing subordinates during the Civil War stated "The Confederacy of Independent States of Tula would like to acknowledge the proposal by the Federal Repblic of Tarazed once more in this meeting and declares that the Confederacy is in full support of the proposal for an International Health Organization. The Confederacy would also like to acknowledge the proposal by the Sultanate of Ismeil, the Confederacy has not yet made a decision on this proposal but would like to state that any attempt to disrupt our citizens' right to freedom of speech, no matter how offensive it may be, will be met with dissension by our national government."

With that Ambassador Polkan sat down once more and began communications with the Executive Council once more.

Ismeil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ismeil » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:55 am

Leveat wrote:
Ismeil wrote:

Marianne looks down and breathes deeply. "A core tenet of most any theocracy is that citizens must convert to the theocracy's religion or be punished in some way. Furthermore, freedom of speech IS violated as you're preventing them from peacefully expressing an idea, which is exactly what freedom of speech is."

Asuman looks at Marianne like she doesn't know what is politics and responds to her comment.

"Marianne I respect your position as chancellor,but freedom of speech is free to an extent
we can take many examples of governments all around the world,you cannot say by example
"Sikhism is Best Christians are pigs" in the middle of a Mostly Christian country,Also the
mission of most theocracies are and you are right to convert but my resolution is not
against religious conversion,it is against anti-religious propaganda and vandalism of religious
artifacts,saints and religious figures.It is not peaceful to slander and taint the name of a follower
of the religion or the religion it self"

Asuman ends he's speech by sitting on he's chair in the council chamber

Leveat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leveat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:56 am

Tarazed wrote:Ambassador DeWitt chuckled at the commotion as she began ordering her work by importance, lightly tapping the bottom of the newly assembled stack against the desk to even it out. After reviewing one of the documents, she sent a proposal to the floor for approval.

THE INTERNATIONAL HEALTH ORGANISATION
Since the Birth of Mankind, we have been faced with innumerable plagues and diseases. As such we should propose that a single international body be created to combat the threat that these viruses pose. For the good of Mankind.

To the creation of the International Health Organisation.
That nations will cooperate under the IHO to combat pathogens which pose a threat to human civilization.
That all gathered data regarding such pathogens, that is not of importance of national or international security, will be released to the Public
That the requisite personnel will be provided to the IHO by member nations

"Oh, and we should set this to vote as well, as nobody has complained about it. We shall, of course, vote in favor."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates