NATION

PASSWORD

A Meeting in Dronden [Closed]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Banjo Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Banjo Islands » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

"It's fine Mr. Woods, and I don't suppose a minimal of 5% of trade being between members would be a problem."
Current Conflict: Second Great War

I go inactive... a lot. I'm pretty sure at least 11 months of my 3 years being into this game was spent in inactivity.

Iackstorm
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Iackstorm » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:59 pm

The Banjo Islands wrote:"It's fine Mr. Woods, and I don't suppose a minimal of 5% of trade being between members would be a problem."

President Baha sighed. "Forcing companies to do things would hurt ourselves and give us a bad reputation. Which is why instead, we should not have that rule."
"This is not the third world country you're looking for"

-Capsland

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:42 pm

"Forcing our companies to sell would indeed give us bad reputation...Mr. Santos, Yaramaqui has a powerful economy and we are a very developed country. I promise we will extensively donate money and supplies to help develop your economy and infrastructure. We cannot force companies for trade. It is likely that many others will assist you. Not just the Yaramaquese. This trade alliance will help all of us."
NationStates' local Yemenite Jew :D
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
רבי אליעזר אומר... ואל תהי נוח לכעוס.
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |
Please forgive me for any errors in my English! I am not a native speaker. :P

-Colombia-
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Colombia- » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:55 pm

"We'll see about that," muttered President Santos, not trying to be rude. "But I hope we can add that if my nation does not grow like we hope it will."

The Arctic Kingdom
Envoy

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Arctic Kingdom » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:05 pm

"This discussion has gone far enough, I am not here to talk about our corporations warring against each other. Now, I have some business to attend to back in the Kingdom and I need to go shortly" Fionna said as she walked out of the conference room, saying bye to all the leaders.
Social Liberal Democrat, Shy, Introverted, Socially Awkward, and quite interested in Architecture, Physics, and History
The Arctic Kingdom - a Technologically Advanced, Environmentally Friendly, Socially Progressive Sunalaya Equivalent of Norway and Iceland combined.
Ísland - grundvallaratriðum paradís, en það er betra!

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:17 pm

President Woods was slightly confused. But he just bid her goodwell. "Have a nice day," he said as she walked away.

When she departed, the president continued. "May I suggest Section II states that member nations may not promote illegal trading such as human labor?"
Visit Sunalaya!

Nanovia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nanovia » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:23 pm

"Ugh, thank god shes gone" muttered Borishnikov. Like many Nanovians, he had a strong dislike for monarchists and royalists. In fact, this was one of the reasons why the Nanovian Empire hadn't lasted long before it had been overthrown by the Communist rebels, who in turned ruled until their collapse and replacement by the Nanovian Federation. "Anyway, I don't like that article since it would probably hurt our own industries. I don't mind promoting trade, but the tariff and taxes are the only thing protecting our home industries. As for section ll, I'll support that."

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:40 pm

Nanovia wrote:"Ugh, thank god shes gone" muttered Borishnikov. Like many Nanovians, he had a strong dislike for monarchists and royalists. In fact, this was one of the reasons why the Nanovian Empire hadn't lasted long before it had been overthrown by the Communist rebels, who in turned ruled until their collapse and replacement by the Nanovian Federation. "Anyway, I don't like that article since it would probably hurt our own industries. I don't mind promoting trade, but the tariff and taxes are the only thing protecting our home industries. As for section ll, I'll support that."

"Perhaps we can still have tariffs, just not as high compared to foreign nations not in the treaty?" President Woods proposed.
Visit Sunalaya!

The Banjo Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Banjo Islands » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:06 pm

The Arctic Kingdom wrote:"This discussion has gone far enough, I am not here to talk about our corporations warring against each other. Now, I have some business to attend to back in the Kingdom and I need to go shortly" Fionna said as she walked out of the conference room, saying bye to all the leaders.

The Fuhrer was horribly confused. She said good-bye to the queen, turned back to the leaders, and said "What the Hell was that?"

I go inactive... a lot. I'm pretty sure at least 11 months of my 3 years being into this game was spent in inactivity.

Vekalse
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Julie agreed. "Human trafficking is wrong. More laws should be instituted to stop it."
You heard it here first. Kidding, you probably heard it from Lindenhole: I am literally insane. :P

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qseH6-DV2gc

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:18 pm

The Banjo Islands wrote:
The Arctic Kingdom wrote:"This discussion has gone far enough, I am not here to talk about our corporations warring against each other. Now, I have some business to attend to back in the Kingdom and I need to go shortly" Fionna said as she walked out of the conference room, saying bye to all the leaders.

The Fuhrer was horribly confused. She said good-bye to the queen, turned back to the leaders, and said "What the Hell was that?"

The president facepalmed himself and managed to release a laugh. "No clue."

Preamble: N/A

Part I: Economic Benefits

Article I - Trade

Section I. All members herein should lower any tax or tariff of imports from member nations, in order to promote trade between members.

Section II. Human trade and trafficking shall hereby be outlawed in member nations, and thy nations shall prohibit any form of this externally and domestically.
Visit Sunalaya!

Iackstorm
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iackstorm » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:20 pm

President Baha muttered under his breath, "Somebody better tell me what's going on. Because this is some freaky sh*t."

-Capsland

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:22 pm

President Joseph Woods thought he heard what President Baha said but continued. "Okay then...does anyone have a proposition for section III, or shall we continue?"
Visit Sunalaya!

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Smoya wrote:President Joseph Woods thought he heard what President Baha said but continued. "Okay then...does anyone have a proposition for section III, or shall we continue?"

"All companies from member states must obey to laws which prevent them from exploiting the people and the environment"
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:12 am

Lindenholt wrote:
Smoya wrote:President Joseph Woods thought he heard what President Baha said but continued. "Okay then...does anyone have a proposition for section III, or shall we continue?"

"All companies from member states must obey to laws which prevent them from exploiting the people and the environment"

The president added this to the treaty.

Article I - Trade

Section I. All members herein should lower any tax or tariff of imports from member nations, in order to promote trade between members.

Section II. Human trade and trafficking shall hereby be outlawed in member nations, and thy nations shall prohibit any form of this externally and domestically.

Section III. All companies from member states must obey to laws which prevent them from exploiting the people and the environment.

Article II: National Economic Development

"I believe we may continue out of this area,
Visit Sunalaya!

-Colombia-
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Colombia- » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:24 am

President Santos studied the treaty and nodded. "Finally. Can Section I state that all member nations must donate a certain amount of money to support underdeveloped nations region wide?"

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:56 am

-Colombia- wrote:President Santos studied the treaty and nodded. "Finally. Can Section I state that all member nations must donate a certain amount of money to support underdeveloped nations region wide?"

"I think we should keep it in this organisation. I don't want to pay an amount of money that was made up by someone else. Don't get me wrong, Lindenholt spends a considerable amount of money to... less fortunate nations, but I will not let someone else decide how much I have to give on top of the 4.7 billion Linds we already give to development aid. The development of countries in this organisation should be done by the private sector. Each government should decide them selves how much they want to spend."
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

The Banjo Islands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Banjo Islands » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:06 pm

"I agree with Mr. Carpaij." The Fuhrer looked at Mr. Carpaij, "I guess we can figure out a name for our organisation now, eh?" she said with a smile.

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Lindenholt wrote:
-Colombia- wrote:President Santos studied the treaty and nodded. "Finally. Can Section I state that all member nations must donate a certain amount of money to support underdeveloped nations region wide?"

"I think we should keep it in this organisation. I don't want to pay an amount of money that was made up by someone else. Don't get me wrong, Lindenholt spends a considerable amount of money to... less fortunate nations, but I will not let someone else decide how much I have to give on top of the 4.7 billion Linds we already give to development aid. The development of countries in this organisation should be done by the private sector. Each government should decide them selves how much they want to spend."

"I'll second the position of Mr. Carpaij." Said the Vice President, as he slightly raised his hand.

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Lindenholt wrote:

"I also agree with Mr. Carpaij. We do need a name for an organization. Unfortunately, I am horrible with coming up with names so, don't expect me to come up with anything good."
NationStates' local Yemenite Jew :D
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
רבי אליעזר אומר... ואל תהי נוח לכעוס.
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |
Please forgive me for any errors in my English! I am not a native speaker. :P

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Christina Everen walked awkwardly into the room. “Er…I’m sorry for interrupting.” the young woman said nervously. She took a seat and waited to get an idea what was happening
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Lindenholt wrote:

"I also must agree," said President Woods. "However, I also propose for the name to be changed to "Economic Protection". If the name was changed we can discuss a more range of topics, rather than donating and paying money."

"And as for the name, I propose it has something to do with our purpose of creating the alliance, or named after a person who has made a significant positive difference we admire."
Last edited by Smoya on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Sunalaya!

Nanovia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nanovia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Yaramaqui wrote:
Lindenholt wrote:"I think we should keep it in this organisation. I don't want to pay an amount of money that was made up by someone else. Don't get me wrong, Lindenholt spends a considerable amount of money to... less fortunate nations, but I will not let someone else decide how much I have to give on top of the 4.7 billion Linds we already give to development aid. The development of countries in this organisation should be done by the private sector. Each government should decide them selves how much they want to spend."

"I also agree with Mr. Carpaij. We do need a name for an organization. Unfortunately, I am horrible with coming up with names so, don't expect me to come up with anything good."

"May I suggest the Pact of Dronden as a name? It would be symbolic as we're all meeting in this city.", Borishnikov said.
Last edited by Nanovia on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iackstorm
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Iackstorm » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:55 pm

President Baha agreed with the Smoya President. "Yes, that name for Article II changes too much. And may I propose for Section I to say, 'All member Nations must assist other Member Nations embargoed by a foreign foe to sustain the trade they have lost" asked President Baha.

-Capsland

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:33 pm

The president added this down.

Article I - Trade

Section III. All companies from member states must obey to laws which prevent them from exploiting the people and the environment.

Article II: National Economic Development

Section I: All member Nations must assist other Member Nations embargoed by a foreign foe to sustain the trade they may have lost.

"Is there anything else anyone would like to discuss in of this article or part?" he asked.
Visit Sunalaya!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates