NATION

PASSWORD

New Paris Reenters the International Stage [Sunalaya Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
New Paris
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

New Paris Reenters the International Stage [Sunalaya Only]

Postby New Paris » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:57 am

Welcome to Aube, the new capital of The Royal Order of New Paris. A press conference has just begun...

*a handsome young man of 19 approaches the podium with a gleaming golden crown atop his head*

"Bonjour everyone, we are here today to set the record straight and to chart the path for the future of The Grand Royal Order of New Paris. I, King Sloan of the House of Lindon, do welcome you. First, an explanation for why this press conference is even of importance. After the collapse of the former government, and the ensuing chaos, many might have assumed that New Paris had truly ceased to exist. But I am here as an example that this is not the case. The Sunalayan Community deserve to know the truth behind our country's collapse and that is what I am here to provide.

When Duchess Persephone IV died, her longtime husband Duke Christian withdrew from the public, disbanded the Royal Cabinet, and sent away all of the Palace servants out of pure grief. His emotional state effectively froze the country. After many weeks of this, a former servant by the name of Brutus Smith gained access to the palace and assassinated the Duke while he slept. Brutus seized the throne and rode a wave of widespread popular support from the Common Peoples. However, his mental state was proven to be precarious and his rhetoric extremely anti-Noble Class. Our dutiful Lords and Ladies became worried. Many fled the country and sought refuge in Smoya, which was granted to them on the condition of absolute secrecy. The Royal Cabinet stayed for the time being to try to reason with the new King and prevent the destruction of our great nation. Unfortunately, reason did not seem to be in Brutus's vocabulary. Soon thereafter, he began a mass genocide of anyone with Noble or Royal Blood including my own mother and father. The Royal Cabinet and their families fled to The Protectorate of Parsilia. I, the son of Duchess Persephone's brother, was living there to finish up my schooling. The Ministers found me and delivered the news that my parents had been killed, and, as a result of the Duke and Duchess leaving no heirs, I was now the King of New Paris. We began to make preparations to flee to Smoya to join our fellow noble men and women. This time, however, we would be bringing with us hundreds of thousands of Common People who longed for the return of order and the monarchy. Feasibly, though, we could not ask of our dear friend to house all of these people. That was when I had the idea to simply move across the channel and establish a base of operations across from the old territory. This went splendidly and soon we were evacuating millions of citizens per day to join us and the Noble Men and Women that had fled to Smoya soon joined us as well. Our location, though, was kept secret and the international community knew none of this. Our operation was disrupted, however, when Dictator Brutus declared that New Paris no longer existed and cracked down on border control. (OOC: To everyone else, this is the point when New Paris CTE) Our intelligence after this action is murky at best, our sources tell us that something triggered Dictator Brutus going insane and simply going on a pillaging spree. Fields were razed, people murdered, and villages burnt to ashes. Around this point is when I believe the decision to wipe our former territory off the map was made.

I hope that our account has cleared up many of the gaping holes that were left by the lack of communications. Up until yesterday, we chose to withdraw from the Sunalayan Community in order to fully focus on rebuilding our former Glorious Country on new ground. I can say that we have been beyond successful. The old government is firmly reestablished, this is a broad popular mandate for our rule, and the economy is as thriving as it was before the death of Duchess Persephone IV.

I now turn it over to my wife, Queen-Consort Thea, to explain our aspirations for the future."

*he cedes the podium to an equally gorgeous, poised woman of 18*

"Hello everyone, I'll try to make my statements brief so that you can all get back to your lives. I know that many of you at home are looking at my husband and I and thinking that we are too young to be taken seriously or that we have no idea how to govern a nation at our ages. But let me tell you, the horrors we have experienced have aged the both of us and simply look at what we have managed to recreate here.

The Revitalization does not stop here. We have many grand plans about rebuilding relationships and hopefully returning to our previous status in the Region. Our silence to this point has mainly been due to the fact that we wanted to be sure that the state could handle the coming demands of an elevated international position. We believe that we are at that point now and want to welcome any and all nations interested in entering alliance or trade agreements with New Paris. Our hope for Aube, the new capital, is that it will become a beacon around the region for resilience and peace. Aube, in French, directly translates as Dawn. And that is what we hope to embody: new beginnings and hope that accompany the dawn every morning. It has been a trying time, but no matter what, we have continued to keep our eyes focused on the horizon. Our reentrance into Sunalaya marks the beginning of a new day and a new era for our great country. Thank you"

*they both turn and stride back into the Royal Palace*
Last edited by New Paris on Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:15 am

OOC: should we be at that meeting, hear it over the tv, or something else entirely?
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

New Paris
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Paris » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:22 am

Rhodevus wrote:OOC: should we be at that meeting, hear it over the tv, or something else entirely?

OOC: Over the tv. I will be holding an official coronation (anyone who wants to come can if y'all want to discuss things)

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:27 am

OOC: Can I post ICly, or will there be an other thread for that?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artwiningen (suburb of Liberty City), Lindenholt

The prime minister had a day off from work today. He was in his living room, and grabbed the remote control of his television. He sat down on the couch, and started watching. During the commercial break he went to the kitchen to grab some coffee, and when he came back the news had already started.

*He watched the news report about New Paris*

"I wonder if I'm invited to the coronation..." he asked to him self. He stood up, and went to his working room.
[Sorry for short post]
Last edited by Lindenholt on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:42 am

New Paris wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:OOC: should we be at that meeting, hear it over the tv, or something else entirely?

OOC: Over the tv. I will be holding an official coronation (anyone who wants to come can if y'all want to discuss things)

OOC: awesome
IC:

Queen Diana Wolff looked up when a broadcast of New Paris appeared on her office screen. Her heir, Sierra Abrams ran into her office room. "Are you seeing this?" She said, incredulously, breathing out. "Shush and get in here!" Sierra practically skipped toward Diana, turning to watch the statements made by the new Duke and Duchess of New Paris. It was a long speech, that seemed to be felt wholeheartedly by the speaker. That was very important for a new leader, especially a young one.
Diana turned to Sierra. "The Duke believes in his words."
"But he is quite young. Should one so young be able to rule an entire country?" Sierra asked.
"Age does not matter. Remember, I started my rule a midst a civil war. I was younger than he was." Diana said, serious in her speech. She was still trying to overcome nightmares from that god-forsaken war.
"I do remember. I am sorry your highness." Sierra looked down. Diana put a hand on the girl's shoulder, smiling. "It is fine. This is an important milestone for the country of New Paris. I hope we can visit it soon to wish the new leaders well-being in person..."
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:54 pm

OOC: This RP be dead...

I'll do an attempt to revive it.
Last edited by Lindenholt on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Return to NationStates