NATION

PASSWORD

International Space Agency [CLOSED] (MT, PMT) V. 1.5

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:54 pm

The Greater Nordic Federation wrote:Where would I go to join my capsule to the ISA ISS?

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_ ... /id=281972

is this what you are referring to?

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Once we decide which form the space shuttle shall be I can move forward with the project.

Goldenson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldenson » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Servinta wrote:
I did, I like the one without weapons. (this is supposed to be non military oriented)

But I question what will we use it for,space reconnaissance,planetary monitoring,rescue perhaps, its your craft what is it for exactly?

It is for travelling around and sustaining yourself in space for an infinite amount of time. Cryogen anyone?

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Goldenson wrote:
Servinta wrote:
I did, I like the one without weapons. (this is supposed to be non military oriented)

But I question what will we use it for,space reconnaissance,planetary monitoring,rescue perhaps, its your craft what is it for exactly?

It is for travelling around and sustaining yourself in space for an infinite amount of time. Cryogen anyone?

I'm more than willing to build some but you'll have to get it accepted by Quebec as there is no Director of Planning and Operations ATM

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 am

Improved of the second version. still WIP

Goldenson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldenson » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Servinta wrote:([url=http://i.imgur.com/jmbzh2v.png]Image)[/url]

Ok, ok, I like it. Maybe add Shield Generators and a personal laser defense (just in case of space pirates.)
The Shield Generators will help with the constant barrage of micro-meteorites, space debris, and re-entry. Although, I have a spaceplane with a shield gen, I still am working on the specifications of the shield to make it viable.

Laser Defense Turret which Lockheed Martin is making - http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/lockheeds-new-laser-super-turret-could-change-air-comba-1635210849

Shield Generator will be put in a factbook called Space Technology
Last edited by Goldenson on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qubec
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Cyllea wrote:Not recognizing this IC'ly as it's ran by godmodders and number wankers. You can't even update the roster. Ignore my application in the preceding thread.

We are sorry that you feel this way about the ISA. But we do update the roster everytime a new nation becomes a member. Please do not post in this thread if you are not applying or if you are not a member, its spam.

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
(Image)
National Application Form

Nation Name (full): The Research Testbed of Congreveopia

Facilities the ISA can use:
-Spaceport Congreveopia (polar or equatorial launches)
-High speed laser data transmission facilities (seven, all within Congrevopia)
-Experiments and personnel can be flown to Destiny (my space station) at reduced prices
-High speed satellite communications network for earth-orbiting satellites
-Access to all data from Congreveopian scientific satellites/rovers, and SpaceNet (asteroid detection satellite network)
-Facilities for fabricating any complicated parts that a nation might not be able to produce itself
-In emergencies, anyone would be welcome to come aboard Destiny until transport to the ground can be provided
-In emergencies, we can launch an Orbital Skiff or deploy one from Destiny to retrieve any personnel in danger (in LEO)
-Prioritisation and a reduced price for launching cargo aboard our Liberator rockets.

Money pledged to the ISA (NSD): 800 billion NSD annually

Space Agency (if applicable): Congrevopia Space Command
Type (public, private, other): Public
Space Agency Annual Budget: 10 trillion NSD
Location of Mission Control: Spaceport Congreveopia, Northern Congreve Mountains
Why do you want to join the ISA: To aid other nations in exploring space and build ties with other space agencies.

Your Application has been ACCEPTED!
Last edited by Qubec on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Qubec wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:
(Image)

Facilities the ISA can use:
-Spaceport Congreveopia (polar or equatorial launches)
-High speed laser data transmission facilities (seven, all within Congrevopia)
-Experiments and personnel can be flown to Destiny (my space station) at reduced prices
-High speed satellite communications network for earth-orbiting satellites
-Access to all data from Congreveopian scientific satellites/rovers, and SpaceNet (asteroid detection satellite network)
-Facilities for fabricating any complicated parts that a nation might not be able to produce itself
-In emergencies, anyone would be welcome to come aboard Destiny until transport to the ground can be provided
-In emergencies, we can launch an Orbital Skiff or deploy one from Destiny to retrieve any personnel in danger (in LEO)
-Prioritisation and a reduced price for launching cargo aboard our Liberator rockets.

Money pledged to the ISA (NSD): 800 billion NSD annually

Space Agency (if applicable): Congrevopia Space Command
Space Agency Annual Budget: 10 trillion NSD
Location of Mission Control: Spaceport Congreveopia, Northern Congreve Mountains
Why do you want to join the ISA: To aid other nations in exploring space and build ties with other space agencies.

Your Application has been ACCEPTED!

Awesome! How can I help out?
Last edited by Congreveopia on Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Would you be willing to be a director

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Qubec wrote:Would you be willing to be a director

I'd love to. Is there any one you particularly need, or should I pick one?

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:24 pm

Just pick one and fill out an app.

Exantos
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Nation Name (full):The Republic of Exantos(Notice name may change within next several weeks to The Holy Empire of Exantos)

Facilities the ISA can use:Zodiac(Civilian Station) Voice of Jaguar(Military Deployment station) Diego(Moon base)
Money pledged to the ISA (NSD): 15 Billion(May be increased in future will respond in OOC)

(If your nation doesn't have a Space Agency, please ignore this part)
Space Agency (if applicable):ENSA
Type (public, private, other): Government Department
Space Agency Annual Budget: 750 Billion
Location of Mission Control: Exantos City of the Sword
Why do you want to join the ISA: Was reading the last one and it seems to be a very interesting thread. Also it seems as though you need more money to truly get yourselves off the ground. Also Space is awesome. Just purely awesome...I mean the idea that there may be other life forms out there is one that I find truly fascinating and will be something my country in this agency will be very involved within.

OOC: 2 things
1. I had to do the math for my nations GDP to discover how much money I had and I realized I have around 200 Trillion NSD in my nations annual GDP. If you want me to lower the Pledged money I understand and I will lower it.
2. My nation may be changing the hands of the Space Agency to a Private Company. I'm trying to handle a lot of things right now so I don't know if this will happen in near future.
Last edited by Exantos on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."-Alfred Adler

Exantos
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Oh also just wondering this post is MT/PMT right. In that case how can you have shields/space shields and lasers. I mean honestly...
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."-Alfred Adler

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Goldenson wrote:
Servinta wrote:([url=http://i.imgur.com/jmbzh2v.png]Image)[/url]

Ok, ok, I like it. Maybe add Shield Generators and a personal laser defense (just in case of space pirates.)
The Shield Generators will help with the constant barrage of micro-meteorites, space debris, and re-entry. Although, I have a spaceplane with a shield gen, I still am working on the specifications of the shield to make it viable.

Laser Defense Turret which Lockheed Martin is making - http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/lockheeds-new-laser-super-turret-could-change-air-comba-1635210849

Shield Generator will be put in a factbook called Space Technology

I'll be more than happy to add the laser as a defensive measure against missiles and such ( anti satellite missiles being a reality I'm sure it'll be an acceptable defensive measure.) but the shield generator may be a bit of a stretch (I'm a MT nation you know,and a former soviet state a that so making lasers is close to breaking the bank in my end, a shield generator will be to much unless you have a RL example that I can base it off)

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Exantos wrote:Oh also just wondering this post is MT/PMT right. In that case how can you have shields/space shields and lasers. I mean honestly...

any tech here is (mostly) not the sci-fi kind (RL examples and current projects will be needed befor we do tha sort of thing,if its reasonably in the realm of science fact then its good to go.).

and besides we're spit-balling here (Japan was designing death rays as they though the atom bomb was impossible to make.so I'm alright with a bit of deviation from the norm but not too much.)

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:09 pm

If anyone has any suggestions for the shuttle just post it.(this goes double to the Director of Research and Projects: New Roma Republic and Director of Technology: Goldenson)
Last edited by Servinta on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Servinta wrote:If anyone has any suggestions for the shuttle just post it.(this goes double to the Director of Research and Projects: New Roma Republic and Director of Technology: Goldenson)

It has quite a bit of space at the back. What's this space being used for?

Links:

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:47 pm

Its one main and four auxiliary engines I would suppose, any better idea for the wasted space would be appreciated Congreveopia.

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:51 pm

OMG you know what I just remembered, the Shuttle needs a crane arm thing to move the cargo and such when in orbit. :) thank you for putting some focus on that area.

any other ideas for the rear area you have.
Last edited by Servinta on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Director Application Form

Directors Name: Glenard Crossfield
Male/Female/Other: Male
Species: Human

Brief biography: He began his career working as a fighter pilot for the Congreveopian Air Force, eventually moving into the role of test pilot. When Congreveopia Space Command was created, he joined as an astronaut. He conducted many successful missions, and began unofficially advising the leadership on planning missions. It came as no surprise to everyone except him that he was put in charge of planning and overseeing missions a few years later when he grew too old to continue flying them. He served as lead mission planner and overseer for several years in Congreveopia Space Command, and now moves on to help the ISA in the same role.
Qualifications (PHDs, etc): Several years as a pilot in the air force, followed by several years as an astronaut, followed by several years planning missions for Congreveopia Space Command. Good at handling logistics and acting as the intermediary to coordinate the efforts of separate groups towards a common goal.
Which Department do you want to be head of?: Planning and Operations

Links:

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Servinta wrote:
Exantos wrote:Oh also just wondering this post is MT/PMT right. In that case how can you have shields/space shields and lasers. I mean honestly...

any tech here is (mostly) not the sci-fi kind (RL examples and current projects will be needed befor we do tha sort of thing,if its reasonably in the realm of science fact then its good to go.).

and besides we're spit-balling here (Japan was designing death rays as they though the atom bomb was impossible to make.so I'm alright with a bit of deviation from the norm but not too much.)

This whole shield generator and laser system gets onto a sketchy area. The Lockheed Martin laser I'm ok with; my own scramjets use them. As for the shield generator, I feel that is FT. Any thoughts on that?
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:09 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:
Servinta wrote:

This whole shield generator and laser system gets onto a sketchy area. The Lockheed Martin laser I'm ok with; my own scramjets use them. As for the shield generator, I feel that is FT. Any thoughts on that?

The shield generator is delving into FT territory, so its out of the running for devices that will be on board this craft.

But I think the laser defense system is a phenomenal idea, and will serve (experimentally of course) as a "shield like" system that can vaporize both terrorist SAM's or SAT missiles and any foreign objects (meteorites) in space that enter its protective "bubble" of the lasers short range to be automatically targeted by advanced computer algorithms.

Any thoughts on the cranes design or the maneuverability rockets (remember I just make it you guys determine what it does and I make the dream a reality.) and I will work on several options for it in the meantime.

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:35 pm

Nation Name (full): The Federal State of the Fascist Republic of Bermuda

Facilities the ISA can use: Somerset Space Center, Hamilton Tracking Station, Bermuda City Mission Control
Money pledged to the ISA (NSD): 3,500,000 NSD

(If your nation doesn't have a Space Agency, please ignore this part)
Space Agency (if applicable): Bermudan Space Agency (BSA)
Space Agency Annual Budget: 30,000,000,000 NSD
Location of Mission Control: Bermuda City
Why do you want to join the ISA: To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before. Improve the BSA's efforts in Space Exploration
N U T S !

Qubec
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Remember guys this is MT and PMT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates