NATION

PASSWORD

[Sovereign Charter] Yarbricht Inn (Char-RP, Invite only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Thankfully, there were no carpets to muddy, all of the floods were wooden, waxed and polished to resist even the most demanding of travellers, he smiled at the politeness, it was refreshing after the interactions he'd had thus far with a number of his guests just bustling in and making a ruckus of the place, "Certainly we have three or four rooms still available. Would you like a bath with that?" As he looked outside he could see the rain clouds building sharply, it was always the case around here thanks to a turbulent micro climate, the room was beginning to dim as the clouds thickened and the sun set. It was when a loud thundererous roar rolled down the valley that he realized they were going to be in for a noisy night.

"Well, looks like everyone is going to be here for the night at the very least. The rooms are upstairs, feel free to pick any that are not currently occupied. We have a large bathing facility but it's a one at a time thing unless you don't mind sharing?" In the mean time however he walked to the front door, shutting it lightly. Margaret from the kitchen came wandering through with a lamp, "Ah I should point out that we don't have that much electricity here, so we try to conserve as much as we can. It helps against blackouts too." He beckoned the girl, no older than seventeen, wispy blonde hair and green eyes. She walked around the various thick candles, fixed to the walls around the room and began lighting them. It also appeared Dux was outside shutting the shutters. They would be for all intents and purposes be locked in for the night as a flash of lightning lit up the door way. They'd never had a problem with the storms where they were situated, but it didn't hurt to be careful and it reassured the guests too that they were safe...usually.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Vermandois
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vermandois » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:04 pm

Enfaru wrote:Even though the paths around it are fairly narrow, it is still reasonably stocked from the passing trade and frequently offers the weary and foot sore travellers rest for the night and a warm meal for the following day.

Yoo-hoo!

At the middle of the night, carrying torches, a large group of around 9 big muscular men were walking down the road leading to the inn. They had military uniforms and carried on their shoulders the Vermandoisien Army Emblem. On their backs large Springfield rifles, a backpack with iron miscellaneous dangling on it, an iron pole or two and some carried waterproof-camouflaged nets. They walked in a wide column and went to the inn. They were soaked in water and their shoes were filled with mud. The man at the front of the group knocked 3 knocks on the closed door
Last edited by Vermandois on Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:20 am

There were three loud knocks against the entry way door, that he had only just closed. He raised an eyebrow, surely that wasn't thunder, "Please excuse me for a moment." Frank, bowed and excused himself from the young lady and headed for the door, peering through the window, he noted several soldiers. Here, in these mountains. Perhaps a training expedition of sorts, though he didn't recognize the emblems on their uniforms. Opening the door, he greeted them with a warm smile, "Come in, come in, awful weather isn't it?" A flash of a smile, "There are plenty of tables around. Can I get you men anything?" Tonight was going to be very busy then, he wasn't even sure if they had the rooms to cover them all either. Perhaps some of them would have to share, the military usually did things like that when they were able to.
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
4th President and,

Vermandois
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vermandois » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:31 am

"Come on in, boys!" The man at the front said, looking behind. He then faced Frank and asked with a strong french accent:

"My name is Bjorn Tailler. We are an independent hunting party passing through. Can I order a pint for all these good men?"

While he was asking Frank, the soldiers went leaving behind them small stains of mud and sat near on of the tables, chatting with each-other.
Last edited by Vermandois on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:56 am

More alcohol, was on the order then, "Frank, pleasure to meet you. I'll just go and get them now." He quickly scanned the numbers, they did home brew ale, which was the only thing that really kept this small inn alive during the winter months when a few brave souls would trek to the inn purposely for a cold mug of the sweet stuff. Taking a left, past the kitchen and into a small back room where a small wooden staircase lead down into the cellar, he walked. The cellar itself was quite large as it had been built on top of a former watch tower, not that many would notice that from the outside. Much of the foundations were extremely solid thanks to that history though, it also meant there was lots of room to store things...even if it have a passing resemblance to a dungeon of sorts.

"Dux, is the ale ready?" No answer, looking around the candle lit stone walled cellar, it was apparent that Dux wasn't back yet. Perhaps still securing the building. Nevertheless he reached for the tankards, and made his way towards the oversized keg that was the beer barrel and turned the tap a few times.

When he arrived back into the main lounge, he was carrying a pewter tray filled with tankerds of ale, which he was glad to pass around the soldiers, "So where do you all hail from?" The inn keeper asked, small talk as he passed around the ale.
Game Master
4th President and,

Haja-Mishu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:14 am

He goes upstairs pulls out a shamisen and then tunes it then he walks to the corner of the main floor and the barkepper asked him what is that weird looking banjo? The merchant said my shamisen and started to play it. The shamisen made a beutiful and joyfull that complimented the thunder outside.
Last edited by Haja-Mishu on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mods are musty

monky :)

Vermandois
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vermandois » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:20 am

Bjorn answered: "We hail from People's Republic of Verman-eh..I mean, some place far away you probably don't know!" towards the end he started talking quickly as trying to escape from the conversation. But he asked another question to pull out of the previous one: "Tell me; Do you have any equipment we can buy? We are short on warm clothes and winter is coming. Would also be nice if you have a lighter or two."

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:34 am

Vermandois. Frank raised an eyebrow. It had been a very long time since anyone from that part of the world had passed through here, but it seemed they didn't want to talk about. It wasn't any of his business so he didn't push the matter instead he answered their own question, "We do have have a few woolen jumpers, but that's it I'm afraid. As for lighters, we only stock the emergency iron and flint packs. But that accompanied by a good dose of moonshine should meet your needs." Frank looked back to the rather abrupt trader from earlier as he heard the stringed instrument playing. It was certainly enough to distract from the thunder and lightning outside. Frank turned his head back, "Is there anything else?"
Game Master
4th President and,

Iryllia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Iryllia » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:09 am

Lyla opened her mouth, and promptly shut it again, as the flood of people entered, the place became busy so she sat herself down at one of the tables, politely waiting for this place to quieten down, vigilantly observing every face for a trace of recognition from her travels. It was doubtful but then again, it never hurt to be carefull
Feel free to ask me anything and everything
Notorious Procrastinator

Sovereign Charter
ALERT LEVEL: PROCRASTINATION

Vermandois
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Vermandois » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:08 am

No, we'll be leaving as soon as my men finish the drinks!

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:27 am

A thunder clap cracked not frar from them. Raising an eyebrow, Frank was a little surprised about the soldier's response. They weren't staying? That meant they would be travelling in this stormy weather, "Then I had better have the supplies readied. I really must advise against travelling in this weather though." Fortunately, Margaret had found herself with nothing left to do and had come to the front of house, since there were apparently a lot more customers than usual. The noise of the chattering was quite loud as well as the music.

"Is there anything else that needs doing?" Margaret asked politely.

"The young lady over there, I've yet to take her order, I'm sure she would love to be tended to." Frank returned as he waited for a response from the soldier. Why would anyone want to rush into that danger, particularly in these mountains?

---

Margaret approached Lyla after talking to Frank, he simple dress still clean even though she had been cooking. The wonders of aprons, "My name is Margaret, can I help you Miss?"
Game Master
4th President and,

Iryllia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Iryllia » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:51 am

"Ah, do you happen to have any drinks? And rooms spare? It's been a long time since I had a proper room to sleep in." She smiled briefly up at the woman called Margret, "Call me Lyla if you wish."
Notorious Procrastinator

Sovereign Charter

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:07 pm

"Sure, we have hot drinks, cold drinks, alcoholic drinks and..." She looked around, then brought her gaze back to Lyla "I'd say three rooms vacant. Would you like a bath as well?" Margaret smiled. She was quite fond of the bathroom here herself, particularly when there were no customers around. During the hotter summers though the waterfalls were preferable.
Game Master
4th President and,

Iryllia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Iryllia » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 pm

"Ah, Excellent. Can I have a bath with a room? and in the mean time some... Enfarian Brandy? if you have any that is." She shifted in her seat, "Oh, and what currency do you take? I have a few types on me..."
Notorious Procrastinator

Sovereign Charter

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:51 pm

"Sovereign Gold usually, but since a lot of travellers pass, we end up taking quite a few anyway. I'll make sure to get the bath prepared then." She beamed. Particularly because she had ordered the Enfarian Brandy, it was her favourite and anyone who liked Enfarian Brandy was a good person in her eyes, "I'll be right back with that Brandy, we have quite a bit." Quickly she returned to the counter, took a note book and wrote down the order before heading into the kitchen. When she returned, Margaret did so, proudly with a pewter tray and one glass full of Enfarian brandy. Derived from strawberries rather than grapes, Enfarian brandy had been around for centuries but it had become rarer since... well. Usually, the brandy wasn't served straight, mainly because of the high alcoholic content and the rich dark chocolate flavour. Instead, it was mixed with thick cream, whipped cream on top with a few chocolate sprinkles and half a strawberry on the side. Occassionally it was served ice cold, but this particular one was served with warmed cream as was customery up in the mountains.

Placing the full glass on the table, she folded the tray against her chest, "If anything isn't to your liking, please, let me know. I believe that particular vintage is of the Cock and Duck, I hope you enjoy it. Frank, will be able to help should you need anything. Your bath will be ready within the hour so I'll be back to let you know then. Is that okay?"
Game Master
4th President and,

Yolkia
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yolkia » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Molf woke up and headed upwards towards where the commotion was. He noticed the rain and proceeded to ignore it as he had now a good excuse to stay inside. Heading up he saw the bartender giving some lady some random drink, he couldn't quite figure out what it was but, frankly, he didn't really care.
Walking up he saw what looked like an entire platoon of some army.
"What the hell are soldiers doing here" he murmured softly to himself and walked nearby, close enough to see the Vermandoisen flag. "They’re far from home... really far" he reached in his pocket and lit a cigar. Molf wasn't a normal merchant he was a IICC (important Information communication civilian), he reached to his pocket for his phone and turning his back to the soldiers he looked at the phone.
"No signal... must be the rain". He then looked back calmly and normally, approached the Keeper and asked flatly
"Where can I get cellphone signal?”

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:09 pm

Frank looked at the man as though he was crazy. A cellphone signal? In these mountains? Sure, if you have a satelite phone perhaps, "We have a telephone if you require it, it should suit your needs. The closest reception would be at the end of the valley to the west." Yet that was quite a trek it of itself and the track there in this weather but be, extremely ill advised.
Game Master
4th President and,

Iryllia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Iryllia » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Lyla nodded politely as the woman walked off, turning her attention to the drink in front of her. it smelled faintly of strawberries and it looked marvelous. She licked her lips in anticipation, it had been a long time since she had tasted this delicacy ever since she'd left Enfarian territory on her journey to Myraxia several months ago. Absently she placed ten sovereign gold coins on the table besides the glass, her supply was dwindling but then again, her journey here was hardly planned.
Notorious Procrastinator

Sovereign Charter

Yolkia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yolkia » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:24 pm

He thanked Frank and run down the stairs, before long he rose with Hyre and some trekking boots and run out towards the telephone booth where he called the Yolkian government informing on the soldiers, Hyre guarding his back. The rain didn't cease and now he was walking by the road when from all the rain a chunk of the floor collapsed and he skidded down grabbing himself on some roots.
He tried to look around but his eyes stayed focused on the long fall. "I can manage to slide!" he repeated to himself over and over trying to convince himself on a pointless debate. The wind grew stronger and stronger. He attempted to reach upwards but he couldn’t. "the roots will hold!" he said
"But will you?" another part of his brain said. He felt hours pass, but in reality, time had barely moved. However something was moving, the rain was getting in between his hand and the roots. He knew this was something he couldn’t manage, at least not alone. He looked up and saw Hyre nervously trying to reach for him. "Hyre get help NOW!" he said as Hyre ran back barking highly pitched moans.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:17 pm

A flat cap peered over the edge, floppy bright blonde almost white hair escaped from underneath it. The size of the face was odd compared to the features, he had a large nose and a large jaw, but the face seemed remarkably youthful. His dirty cheeks flushed as a giant hand gripped a hold of the mans shirt. The fingers were impossibly large, the hands seemed to be twice the size of a normal man and the arms were like tree trunks, yet remarkably precise. They were reminiscent of gorillas even the thick skin. Then the gentleness disappeared as whatever it was grinned and pulled smoothly, yet with a huge amount of power ripping the man from his hanging place and pulled him up onto the path that had yet to erode.

"This route bad. Go that way." The large man pointed back to the inn in this particular case. He wore quite sturdy clothes, thick trousers and a thick coat that didn't actually join up in front thanks to his broad shoulders. The wolf however had completely passed him by. Without waiting for a response he picked up an empty sack and leapt clean over the broken path and ran into the rain, his thick leather boots leaving deep prints as he ran.
Game Master
4th President and,

Yolkia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yolkia » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:54 pm

He looked at the leaving man, looked back at the inn and said a shallow "thank-you", loud enough for him to hear but low enough for him to note. He walked back shivering and when getting into the inn he looked at the Keeper and said:
"A journey indeed" he proceeded to tell him in lush detail what happened and before waiting for a response went to the bar and ordered the strongest drink.

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Their strongest was actually, a Cervidas and Ibex wine. Sure, it wasn't a straight up strongest if served neat like the Enfarian brandy, but as a percentage of alcohol per serving the wine was actually considerably stronger. Pouring the wine from the bottle and into a glass, promising the desired immediate relief from an obviously shocked tennant, Frank smiled at Molf, "That's Dux... I wondered where he went." Stroking his moustache, Frank thought about it for the moment. If he was heading in that direction then perhaps they were running low on firewood, but to go out and collect it in this weather was sure reckless. He'd have to be told off later, "A stroke of luck that was."

Just what would have caused him to have rushed out like that, just to make a single call? Why had he not chosen the much easier landline? It was none of Frank's business really but he couldn't help but wonder. A dial flicked from behind the counter, the water pressure had suddenly dropped. That would mean the bath was being drawn. Someone had ordered the bathing facilities? No doubt Margaret had it all in hand.
Game Master
4th President and,

Yolkia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Yolkia » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:34 pm

"Well, whenever he comes back..." he paused giving him a bill of 25 Sefaris, "buy him his favorite drink... or whatever this can buy" he paid for his drink and looked over the tables keeping an eye on the drinking soldiers.
"Why here, why now?" he very lowly murmured to himself. Looking for something that would answer his question he saw the fish-guy from last time. "He was still here" he thought and then noticed the rain. Looking back at the keeper and said. Could you have a bath ready for me? i'll be in my room.
OCC: gotta go, maybe tomorrow morning I’ll come back

Enfaru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:47 pm

"I'll do just that." It wasn't unsurprising for Dux to do things like that, but he had a way of sometimes...over doing things, thankfully this man was able to handle being thrown around, others had been, less kind, "Sure thing, I'll let Margaret know." He watched as Molf departed back down to the cellar along with the wolf who had returned to his side the moment he'd gotten back. Noting down the extra order for the bath he took a copy of the note, while listening to the music that trader was still playing then headed through the door and into the kitchen. On the other side was a staircase up to the bathroom. Where he met Margaret coming down.

"Here, an extra bath for this evening."

"Sure, the bath is ready for the miss. I'll make sure it's prepared for him." They headed back to the lounge together where Margaret headed for Lyla.

--

Margaret approached the young lady who was still sipping her Enfarian brandy, "Miss, if you're ready the bath is prepared." The customer entrance to the bathing facilities was via the upstairs route for easy access back to a bedroom rather than having to go through the kitchen that could lead to all kinds of embarassment.
Game Master
4th President and,

Cervidas and Ibex
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cervidas and Ibex » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:12 pm

While the lounge began to bustle with activity, she simply waited in front of the desk pas intently awaiting a calmer moment. While she waited, she decided to remove her hiking boots and wet socks. She did this methodically, and with an odd amount of care. When she was done she held both shoes in one hand, sock stuffed inside. She remain bare foot and gently rubbed her sore feet. All the while she was careful in every moment as if hiding something under the sleeves of her cloths but otherwise maintained an honest demeanor.

Quietly she waited. When one of the workers became availble again, she would enquire about being shown to a room and wether Vallums would be exceptable.

"walking... Walking... Walking on the river"

Meanwhile much distance away, a familiar group trudges south after a miserable visit to Enfaru involving barbarians, espionage, and time distortions on a global scale. One of them still wearing and id patch on his shoulder. That of an ibex vangaurd.
a resident of Sovereign Charter

be wise, be truthful, strain the wine, and scale back your long hopes
to a short period. While we speak, envious time will have {already} fled:
seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the next day.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates