NATION

PASSWORD

The Multi-Species Union [Alliance, Main Page, OOC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Hello!i haven't posted here for a looooong time.How are things going?

Good to see you!

We transferred to a new HQ and ratified the charter. Now we're voting on a Minister-President. Besides that, it's the same old same old.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:01 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Hello!i haven't posted here for a looooong time.How are things going?

Good to see you!

We transferred to a new HQ and ratified the charter. Now we're voting on a Minister-President. Besides that, it's the same old same old.

That's good to hear.I think I'll vote now.

Edit:Nevermind?
Last edited by Pimps Inc on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:16 pm

A possible draft for the CIS Rep application acceptance letter?

THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION

Council for Intelligent Species
Pax Concordia Station, Tribus Sector

DISPATCH

From: The Council of Intelligent Species, Multi-Species Union
Subject: MSU application
Date: the date
Encryption: None

NATION LEADER'S NAME,

We are pleased to announce that [nation]nation's name[/nation] has been accepted into the Multi-Species Union. It's highly recommended that you register on the MSU OSF.

Much of our casual dialog takes place at Alliance Headquarters. You should send a representative to the current Summit.

Sincerely,

//REPS NAME IN CAPS//
John Doe, Councilor - or - John Doe, Director
Council of Intelligent Species
Last edited by Cerillium on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Cerillium wrote:A possible draft for the CIS Rep application acceptance letter?

THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION

Council for Intelligent Species
Pax Concordia Station, Tribus Sector

DISPATCH

From: The Council of Intelligent Species, Multi-Species Union
Subject: MSU application
Date: the date
Encryption: None

NATION LEADER'S NAME,

We are pleased to announce that [nation]nation's name[/nation] has been accepted into the Multi-Species Union. It's highly recommended that you register on the MSU OSF.

Much of our casual dialog takes place at Alliance Headquarters. You should send a representative to the current Summit.

Sincerely,

//REPS NAME IN CAPS//
John Doe, Councilor - or - John Doe, Director
Council of Intelligent Species

Saved.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:38 am

I'll put a copy on the CIS chamber page once I'm home and not using my phone.

-The Trade Federation-
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Trade Federation- » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:25 am

Pledging Form

Nation Name: The Trade Federation
Head of State: Trade Potentate Tanen Na'Marash Solo the 1st
Head of Government: Trade Potentate Tanen Na'Marash Solo the 1st
Head of Defense: Supreme Commander of the Trade Federation Armed Forces (TFAF) Mons Iritis
Number of troops you wish to pledge: 3rd Airship Squadron (10 A-PVA-1s and 1000 crewmembers)
A dominant heterosexual 15-year old male with Asperger's Syndrome that is a self-proclaimed airship history expert and loves mashed potatoes ! Yes girls, I am...alone ? Yeah, alone. I'm also a Smurf lover. A smurf lover, you ask yourself ? It's like a brony, but Smurfs.

Since I seem to get a lot of random telegrams, telegram me, I love telegrams and I'm single, so why the hell not ?

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Can I just send whatever I feel like if we have to go to war or do a peace keeping op? I don't want to pledge ahead of time.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:41 pm

Urran wrote:Can I just send whatever I feel like if we have to go to war or do a peace keeping op? I don't want to pledge ahead of time.

Pledging is optional (if I recall correctly. I know the charter forbids MSU to maintain a standing army), your nation is not required to contribute nor will it face retaliation should you not wish to participate in any conflict or peacekeeping operation.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Good, my land force is too small to really be of much help anyway
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:10 pm

We wouldn't have nations go through the expense of swapping out uniforms to a "MSU" standard. We're peacekeepers rather than an army, meaning nations will send troops and equipment but those troops will maintain their standard uniform because they are held and commanded by their own nation's officers. They might have an MSU designation on them (UN forces wear a blue beret). Vehicles should be a standard white color if only because it lacks camouflage. Our purpose is to keep peace, not to assault or make peace. Vehicles would need to be marked MSU.

I really wish we'd get rid of those pledge forms. People are pledging without understanding what a peacekeeping force does, and we have stuff posted that crosses from "peace and humanitarian mission" to "threat and display of hostility potential". Also, the people pledging have no concept of logistics. Who is going to feed, house, and transport 45,000 troops? The government pledging them. This means that the government will also provide all the personnel needed to support those troops in field.

I'm sorry but I take strategy and tactics realistically even though my current nation is FT. I think we need to establish the level of play we want to use. I'm fine if people want to play at beginner level, but I won't participate in those threads nor should we invest time as an alliance to that level of RP. I'm also fine with intermediate, and I'll participate in that if beginners are willing to learn. I don't think we have too many expert levels here so we shouldn't set that as "the standard above all others".

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Cerillium wrote:We wouldn't have nations go through the expense of swapping out uniforms to a "MSU" standard. We're peacekeepers rather than an army, meaning nations will send troops and equipment but those troops will maintain their standard uniform because they are held and commanded by their own nation's officers. They might have an MSU designation on them (UN forces wear a blue beret). Vehicles should be a standard white color if only because it lacks camouflage. Our purpose is to keep peace, not to assault or make peace. Vehicles would need to be marked MSU.

I really wish we'd get rid of those pledge forms. People are pledging without understanding what a peacekeeping force does, and we have stuff posted that crosses from "peace and humanitarian mission" to "threat and display of hostility potential". Also, the people pledging have no concept of logistics. Who is going to feed, house, and transport 45,000 troops? The government pledging them. This means that the government will also provide all the personnel needed to support those troops in field.

I'm sorry but I take strategy and tactics realistically even though my current nation is FT. I think we need to establish the level of play we want to use. I'm fine if people want to play at beginner level, but I won't participate in those threads nor should we invest time as an alliance to that level of RP. I'm also fine with intermediate, and I'll participate in that if beginners are willing to learn. I don't think we have too many expert levels here so we shouldn't set that as "the standard above all others".

Not swapping out uniforms or vehicle camo. New Urranese MSU Peace Keeping force uniforms would be the standard UGDF camo but with a bright green beret and a green arm band labeled MSU. Vehicles sky blue (non camo) with MSU written on the side.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:26 pm

We'd need to vote on the uniform designators and well as vehicle colors. Those would become standard for the entire organization. What colors work best? What colors can species see? What colors can't they see? My species aren't trichromats, meaning they have a different amount of color-sensing cone cells. Some green shades don't look green at all to them. What articles of clothing work for all species? What don't work at all? Would we infuse material with something to identify it for those that only have "night vision" and are blinded by light? (In other words, they see the daylight through filters and colors don't register at all).

It's pretty fun to work on that and it would make for a good OSF project if you want to spearhead it and come up with something to present to the entire Congress. It should be RP'd out when presented though.

Heads up: Swith and I are taking Oct 13-18 off, although I might stop in during that week.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Cerillium wrote:We'd need to vote on the uniform designators and well as vehicle colors. Those would become standard for the entire organization. What colors work best? What colors can species see? What colors can't they see? My species aren't trichromats, meaning they have a different amount of color-sensing cone cells. Some green shades don't look green at all to them. What articles of clothing work for all species? What don't work at all? Would we infuse material with something to identify it for those that only have "night vision" and are blinded by light? (In other words, they see the daylight through filters and colors don't register at all).

It's pretty fun to work on that and it would make for a good OSF project if you want to spearhead it and come up with something to present to the entire Congress. It should be RP'd out when presented though.

Heads up: Swith and I are taking Oct 13-18 off, although I might stop in during that week.

I'd be happy to spear head it. It would give me something to do.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Urran wrote:I'd be happy to spear head it. It would give me something to do.

Cool beans.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Uh, where under the OSF should it be posted?
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Planeia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Northern Arcadian Empire, Urran, guys remember, I need signatures from you.
Paradise has Fallen

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Planeia wrote:Northern Arcadian Empire, Urran, guys remember, I need signatures from you.

I think you gave me a link to a signature generator at one point but I lost it.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:03 pm

Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Planeia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Alright now we just need NAE's signature.
Paradise has Fallen

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Cerillium wrote:
We wouldn't have nations go through the expense of swapping out uniforms to a "MSU" standard. We're peacekeepers rather than an army, meaning nations will send troops and equipment but those troops will maintain their standard uniform because they are held and commanded by their own nation's officers. They might have an MSU designation on them (UN forces wear a blue beret). Vehicles should be a standard white color if only because it lacks camouflage. Our purpose is to keep peace, not to assault or make peace. Vehicles would need to be marked MSU.

Im guessing this is realistic?:

Pledging Form

Nation Name:The Pimphood of Pimps Inc
Head of State:President Ryan Haywood
Head of Government:See above
Head of Defense:Secretary of International Incidents Burnie Burns
Number of troops you wish to pledge:
-1,500 Regular Infantry
-5 Puma IFVs
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:08 pm

-1,500 Regular Infantry
-5 Puma IFVs

Wut.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Planeia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Oaledonia wrote:
-1,500 Regular Infantry
-5 Puma IFVs

Wut.

What's so 'wut' about 1,500 soldiers and five tanks in a world where everyday invasions millions of soldiers strong is the norm?
Last edited by Planeia on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradise has Fallen

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Planeia wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:
Wut.

What's so 'wut' about 1,500 soldiers and five tanks in a world where everyday invasions millions of soldiers strong is the norm?

That's just it. What kind of organization do you have to only have 5 IFVs per 1,500?
Even Sweden would put about 137 IFVs for that.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:26 pm

More on the way.Maybe...Hopefully.....
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates