NATION

PASSWORD

IFC Council (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zunkwentania
Minister

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zunkwentania » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:13 pm

The Nation of Ceneria wrote:Torrent rose to his feet and addressed Zarder. "The two nations on which the embargoes have been placed, Colombion and the Fortenese Federated Republics, have both taken military action against New Austzeland during their ongoing civil war. The embargoes will likely be removed as soon as the hostilities cease."

"Understood. However, playing devil's advocate here, is there anything that could have provoked these nations into hostility? I would also like to ask what level of force was used against New Autzeland." responded Zarder.
Last edited by Zunkwentania on Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Zunkwentania wrote:
The Nation of Ceneria wrote:Torrent rose to his feet and addressed Zarder. "The two nations on which the embargoes have been placed, Colombion and the Fortenese Federated Republics, have both taken military action against New Austzeland during their ongoing civil war. The embargoes will likely be removed as soon as the hostilities cease."

"Understood. However, playing devil's advocate here, is there anything that could have provoked these nations into hostility? I would also like to ask what level of force was used against New Autzeland." responded Zarder.

" I believe that the leader of the IFC RRF, New Carloso, or even the delegate from New Austzeland could answer this question much better than I am capable of." Stated Torrent in response. "Ceneria has steered away from getting involved in the civil war so far."

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:00 pm

Dragomerian Islands
Herald Aerie

Oceanic Act

[Resolution Number: 17]

Due to disputes arising over a nation's authority over oceanic claims, a lasting agreement must be made to ensure the stability of this alliance, and all member nations.

Firstly, uniform definitions of oceanic boundaries of nations must be created. These boundaries shall be made of exactly four zones, which shall consist of the Internal Zone, Coastal Zone, Territorial Zone, and Economic Zone. The Internal Zone shall consist of any body of water that is both contained within the boundaries of a nation and has a body of water of less 10 km of perpendicular distance to the shore. A nation has full authority over this zone. The Coastal Zone shall consist of water, which does not fit into the Internal Zone, and extends to a perpendicular distance of 25 kilometers from the shore. A nation has full authority over this zone. The Territorial Zone extends from the Coastal zone, up to a perpendicular distance of 50 kilometers from the shore. A nation has authority over all customs, taxation, immigration, and resources in this zone. A nation may refuse a foreign military the right to access this zone. The Economic zone extends from the Territorial Zone up to a perpendicular distance of 400 kilometers from the shore. A nation has sole rights and authority over all resources found in this zone, as well as the right to deny access of this zone to any foreign military.

Secondly, the rights of nations in international waters need to be established. The following laws shall be called the Laws of the Sea. No nation's navy shall fire upon civilian vessels, unless they pose a direct threat to the naval ships in question. A civilian may only have the laws of his or her home nation applied to said civilian, unless they pose a direct threat to a citizen of another nation. Confiscating, scuttling, or sinking a civilian ship that has not shown lethal force is not permitted, except in situations described by the First Law of the Sea. A nation may confiscate, scuttle, or sink any ship that has committed a crime in inside of that nation's oceanic boundary that allows them to enforce such laws, as directed in the previous paragraph.

Thirdly, a disciplinary system should be established for those whom break these maritime laws. The IFC shall, upon an accusation that a member has violated the Laws of the Sea, investigate such claims. If there is an official court procedure, then that shall be followed; however, if there is not, then such a case for infractions of the Laws of the Sea shall follow the Naval Court Procedure. The Naval Court Procedure shall involve the accused and the claimant. The Court would be presided over by a Secretary General, whom shall ask for each to present their case. After both the accused and the claimant state their case and both side answer questions brought forth by the Secretary General presiding over the case to an extent that satisfies the Secretary General, the Secretary General then may decide the guilt or innocence of the accused. The Secretary General may decide on the appropriate punishment if the accused is found guilty. The accused may file for a public appeal if found guilty, which the appeal would follow the same procedure, except it would be voted upon by the members of the IFC. Any punishment may be rescinded at any time by choice of at least one of the Secretary Generals or a majority vote of the members of the IFC. No member may be punished until a verdict has been reached. No punishments may be given if, by the first paragraph after the introduction, the infraction occurred within a zone which gave them authority to do such actions (ex: preventing unauthorized ships from entering their oceanic territory).

Signed,

[Herald Aerie, Dragomerian Islands]
Last edited by Dragomerian Islands on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Proud Member of the following Alliances:
International Space Agency
IATA
:Member of the United National Group:
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE SYSTEM FOUNDER
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Pax Prosperitas

By Order

We would like to voice our great opposition to the proposed Resolution no. 17 as written, on the grounds that the World Assembly (which has far more members than we do) has already set the standard. If we were to go against what most of the free world has already signed up to, that would be silly.

His Grace Alexias Stella,
Duly appointed representative to the IFC from the Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:
(Image)
Pax Prosperitas

By Order

We would like to voice our great opposition to the proposed Resolution no. 17 as written, on the grounds that the World Assembly (which has far more members than we do) has already set the standard. If we were to go against what most of the free world has already signed up to, that would be silly.

Duly appointed representative to the IFC from the Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria

Not all nations are WA (or follow WA laws).
Last edited by Dragomerian Islands on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:53 pm

We do not approve of the legislation as follows.

We follow a method of total warfare.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:55 pm

Roski wrote:We do not approve of the legislation as follows.

So, what about times of peace?
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:56 pm

Dragomerian Islands wrote:
Roski wrote:We do not approve of the legislation as follows.

So, what about times of peace?

The Roskian Empire does not attack any ships in times of peace.
Any civilain vessel attacking the Roskian Navy is considered an act of war, and a declaration of war will soon follow.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Roski wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:So, what about times of peace?

Any civilain vessel attacking the Roskian Navy is considered an act of war, and a declaration of war will soon follow.

There was a loop hole in it so that if a ship (regardless of type) were to attack you, that ship is free gain.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:58 pm

Roski wrote:

There was a loop hole in it so that if a ship (regardless of type) were to attack you, that ship is free gain.

However, the Roskian Empire could use civilian ships to either start a conflict (done before) or end a conflict the Roskian Empire was not already part of (done before as well)

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Whom else supports it (or wants to comment on it)?
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Roski wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:There was a loop hole in it so that if a ship (regardless of type) were to attack you, that ship is free gain.

However, the Roskian Empire could use civilian ships to either start a conflict (done before) or end a conflict the Roskian Empire was not already part of (done before as well)

"And it's act such as these that cause civillians to be mistrusted and harmed. Why am I not surpised." Junko remaked cooly to the Roskian delegate claims. "However I do not believe there is a need or any practicality of implementing this policy as we already have World Assembly Resolution #168."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Flardania wrote:
Roski wrote:

"And it's act such as these that cause civillians to be mistrusted and harmed. Why am I not surpised." Junko remaked cooly to the Roskian delegate claims. "However I do not believe there is a need or any practicality of implementing this policy as we already have World Assembly Resolution #168."

The majority of nations do not give a damn what the WA says. Ironically, most WA nations do not even follow the WA's rules to begin with.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Pax Prosperitas

By Order

We are perfectly content with the idea that we should adopt the same standard as the World Assembly. It is the idea of adopting a completely different standard that we are opposed to.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Flardania wrote:
Roski wrote:

"Civilians are not typically harmed, in fact, only the ones who fire on the soldiers upon the boarding process are killed" Micheal retorted angrily, "The fact that you accuse us of wrongly harming civilians is a blatant attack on our forces."

He took a small sip of his water. He turned forward, as if to signalfy a "screw you" impression.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:27 pm

(Image)
Pax Prosperitas

By Order

We are perfectly content with the idea that we should adopt the same standard as the World Assembly. It is the idea of adopting a completely different standard that we are opposed to.

"The WA's standard is incredibly flawed and creates a National Security risk."
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Flardania wrote:"And it's act such as these that cause civilians to be mistrusted and harmed. Why am I not surprised." Junko remaked cooly to the Roskian delegate claims. "However I do not believe there is a need or any practicality of implementing this policy as we already have World Assembly Resolution #168."

The majority of nations do not give a damn what the WA says. Ironically, most WA nations do not even follow the WA's rules to begin with.

IFC minister of foreign affairs Junko Yamada rested her head on her hand before stating "I see and what is the plan on enforcing this bill and also is this just for the IFC or for us to enforce on others. If it is IFC only then this is a given as we need to respect the other members boundaries. If it is meant to be applied to non-members who is to say they agree to it?" Junko added as she sipped some orange leaf tea while ignoring the roskian screw you gesture.
Last edited by Flardania on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Pax Prosperitas

By Order

It stands to reason that if you are going to adopt a standard you should start from a standard that other people actually use, as if you use a completely new and mutually exclusive standard you will always be in conflict with those that do maintain that standard.

Even if only one tenth of WA members observe that particular standard then that is still a thousand nations which is still a damn sight more than the IFC is ever likely to get complying with any standard of our own.

Therefore we should definitely work with or from the WA standard and perhaps improve on it according to your concerns instead of working against that standard and without it in a manner which would lead to conflicting arguments at some point; unless you actually want an excuse for conflict?

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Flardania wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:The majority of nations do not give a damn what the WA says. Ironically, most WA nations do not even follow the WA's rules to begin with.

IFC minister of foregin affairs Junko Yamada rested her head on her hand before stating "I see and what is the plan on enforcing this bill and also is this just for the IFC or for us to enforce on others. If it is IFC only then this is a given as we need to respet the other members boundaries. If it is meant to be applied to non-members who is to say they agree to it?" Junko added as she sipped some orage leaf tea while ignoring the roskian screw you gesture.

The Zone boundaries were not meant to be enforceable on non-IFC nations, as that would overstep our bounds. The main purpose is to establish what our alliance would enforce. The second (and only other) purpose is to set our alliance as a role model for other nations to follow.
(Image)
Pax Prosperitas

By Order

It stands to reason that if you are going to adopt a standard you should start from a standard that other people actually use, as if you use a completely new and mutually exclusive standard you will always be in conflict with those that do maintain that standard.

Even if only one tenth of WA members observe that particular standard then that is still a thousand nations which is still a damn sight more than the IFC is ever likely to get complying with any standard of our own.

Therefore we should definitely work with or from the WA standard and perhaps improve on it according to your concerns instead of working against that standard and without it in a manner which would lead to conflicting arguments at some point; unless you actually want an excuse for conflict?

Dragomerian Standard Military procedure:
All military vessels that neither belong to the Dragomerian Government, nor sanctioned to be within Dragomerian Waters, shall be destroyed if they come within 400 km of the Dragomerian coasts. All foreign military ships within 500 km may be watched and notified, but not fired upon.
-1930 Naval Security Act
Last edited by Dragomerian Islands on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

The United Regions
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Regions » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:57 pm

"I support resolution 17" said James Resim, "However i believe, specific repercussions should be added, for those who do not follow these rules"
Proud Member of the Frozen Sea Alliance!
Member of Atlas region
President: Muhammad Blaccic
Prime Minister: David Bell
Capital: Drasona
Government Type: Constitutional Parliamentary Republic
Economic System: Laissez Faire Capitalism
Armed Forces Size: 350,000 (active) [950,000 Reserve]
Population: 16,000,000
Region: Atlas
Demonym: Capitalist or Mormon

I Side With
92% Libertarians
64% Republicans
24% Green Party
21% Democrats
10% Socialist
Rand Paul 2016

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:03 pm

The United Regions wrote:"I support resolution 17" said James Resim, "However i believe, specific repercussions should be added, for those who do not follow these rules"

What repercussions, shall there be?
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

The United Regions
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Regions » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:06 pm

The United Regions wrote:"I support resolution 17" said James Resim, "However i believe, specific repercussions should be added, for those who do not follow these rules"

What repercussions, shall there be?

"What do you think, is appropriate? Because if we have rules that aren't enforced, then what is the point of having rules?" -James Resim
Member of Atlas region

I Side With
92% Libertarians
64% Republicans
24% Green Party
21% Democrats
10% Socialist
Rand Paul 2016

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:19 pm

The United Regions wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:What repercussions, shall there be?

"What do you think, is appropriate? Because if we have rules that aren't enforced, then what is the point of having rules?" -James Resim

I believe that the punishments could be leveled depending on the severity of the offense, sanctions could be the lowest, while expulsion/occupation could also be the highest.

I will be adding another section for enforcement soon. It could take me till sometime tomorrow before I post it/add it in.

In the mean time, I will take suggestions for improvement & suggestions for enforcement.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

The United Regions
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Regions » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:23 pm

The United Regions wrote:"What do you think, is appropriate? Because if we have rules that aren't enforced, then what is the point of having rules?" -James Resim

I believe that the punishments could be leveled depending on the severity of the offense, sanctions could be the lowest, while expulsion/occupation could also be the highest.

I will be adding another section for enforcement soon. It could take me till sometime tomorrow before I post it/add it in.

In the mean time, I will take suggestions for improvement & suggestions for enforcement.

"Very well, I do think that nations refusing to follow IFC policies should, not be allowed in the IFC. And i believe that expulsion should come before sanctions. And obviously before any violent actions are taken."
Member of Atlas region

I Side With
92% Libertarians
64% Republicans
24% Green Party
21% Democrats
10% Socialist
Rand Paul 2016

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:47 am

After examining the proposed legislation, I have determined that the United Provinces of New Korongo will be unable to support the resolution in its current form. We are generally supportive of legislation such as this which aims to reduce the number of internal disputes between member states, but we believe that the definition of an internal zone is unneeded and that the definitions of the other two zones should conform with Article 1A and Article 1B of World Assembly Resolution 168. While the World Assembly resolution may not necessarily be adhered to by every nation, most nations around the globe have similar definitions with similar distances. The use of different definition, as is currently proposed, will only lead an argument on the international stage over whose set of definitions is correct.
- Edward Fraser Steyn, Korongolese Delegate to the International Freedom Coalition
Last edited by New Korongo on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates