NATION

PASSWORD

The Tourists (OOC, OPEN, TG to apply & for more info)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

The Tourists (OOC, OPEN, TG to apply & for more info)

Postby Astholm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:51 am

In this RP, a millionaire has decided to take people to see parts of Astholm they normally don't or wouldn't see, but these are not the usual tourist attractions, but things of historical or social significance locally, but not internationally.

He is a millionaire who has made his money through print media and owning several radio stations; he occasionally makes on-air appearances on them, not just because he enjoys it, but also to get a feel for what his employees do, and he has already done this in his career progression.

The basic plotline is this; the tourists (a group) stay at one of his residences - in this case, a manor house - which is in the rural-urban fringe in Steinbekkby, a town with a population of 86,940, and a mixture of tourism/industry makes up its main industry. It is part of the Borough of Steinbekkby unitary authority, and has the following towns nearby:
Engeby
Kemping (Viking historical town)
Ingbirkfield (market town, produces its own cheeses)

The residence is off the newly-built A662E spur road, in the village of Kirklevington-on-Wyske (a small rural village which is a commuter town).

My character will be a tour guide of sorts, except he uses his connections to show a select group of individuals who have paid for the privilege of the 'genuine' Astholm experience (I put it in commas as it's not within touristy things)

How this RP goes is up to you.

BASIC RULES

No godmoding.
No terrorist attacks (Two reasons; 1. It is unlikely in this part of the Astholm world, and; 2. It is a gentle RP)
No murdering a character (OK, so there may be a deaths in this, but only for NPC's)
TG me if you wish to apply for this

Participating characters
Carl Alleyn, one of the owners of Surmedia Ltd. (38, worked in media and radio for 21 years)

I hope this goes well, and please feel free to use this OOC thread to help me develop it! :)
Last edited by Astholm on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:54 am

sounds a good idea.

I think I will have two folk come down, they have been to Astholm before,
Karen Hall

Jason Hall

with this
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:sounds a good idea.

I think I will have two folk come down, they have been to Astholm before,
(Image)
Karen Hall

(Image)
Jason Hall

with this
(Image)

Accepted! This RP will go a bit better than Daily Life in Astholm, hopefully!
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 am

just needs regular imput, thats all
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Police commissioner of the Grootrivier Police District Willem van den Tempel, 36, will be visiting Astholm.

Van den Tempel had been reading a book about Astholm a while back and when he received the invitation to visit Astholm he decided to accept it right away. . As a history buff of the worst kind van den Tempel planned to visit Enkeby and since he was a bachelor and he had been saving up his holiday time he didn't need to worry about time restrictions. One day he decided to make an appointment at the Astholm legation in Handelshaven,taking his invitation with him. When he came walking into the legation building a friendly Astholm soldier showed him the way to the waiting room.
Pro: True Liberty, Voluntary association, Free Trade, Family and Tradition as the Bedrock of Society
Anti: Centralisation (of any sort), Feminism, Internationalism, Multiculturalism, Collectivism of any sort (be it Left-wing or Right-wing)

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Free Tristania wrote:
Police commissioner of the Grootrivier Police District Willem van den Tempel, 36, will be visiting Astholm.

Van den Tempel had been reading a book about Astholm a while back and when he received the invitation to visit Astholm he decided to accept it right away. . As a history buff of the worst kind van den Tempel planned to visit Enkeby and since he was a bachelor and he had been saving up his holiday time he didn't need to worry about time restrictions. One day he decided to make an appointment at the Astholm legation in Handelshaven,taking his invitation with him. When he came walking into the legation building a friendly Astholm soldier showed him the way to the waiting room.

Accepted; but this RP has no military input, it's about tourism! :)
On IIWiki

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:03 am

a bump like the chinese badminton team in the 2012 olympics

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates