NATION

PASSWORD

The United Regions Initiative

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Jultoplex
Attaché

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jultoplex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:53 am

*under construction*
*further updates to be posted tomorrow*

Nations which have signed on to be a member of United Regions:
~Next Generation Alliance
~Lazarus
~The Commonwealth of Crowns
~Genuan Rebirth
~Eos
~Itevis
~The Great American Union
~The United League of Empires
~Horses and Bayonets and it's dominions.
~The Allied Republics

ALL COMMENTS WELCOMED

Founding nations: United American Lands, Jultoplex, United Martains, The Russian Federations, Controlled Interests & ASEAN

Please help by suggesting possible goals of the organization. Keep in mind that they have to be aimed at peace.

Below is the draft Charter (it is a work in progress) and all constructive comments are welcome

UR-Charter
Last edited by Jultoplex on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 13 times in total.
President of Amerson
Jultoplex~ *stares curiously at you
*munches on popcorn

United Martains
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:07 am

United Regions High Council:
1. The URHC is composed of one representative from each member region.
2. These members meet periodically to discuss issues of importance.
3. In the event of an external or internal crisis, they can be called together outside of their usual meeting times.
4. No region can gain more power than others.
5. A Chairman is elected every 2 months to keep the Council organised and on topic.
6. The Chairman has no extra power, he simply acts as a speaker.
7. The choices made by the High Council are final to all member regions.

Opinions? Changes? Comments?
I did that in less than a minute, so it's very open to editing.
"The best attack is a good defense... wait, what?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Damien Vesper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Damien Vesper » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:39 am

What's this about?

Rothschild
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rothschild » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:40 pm

A UN Security Council like organization but consisting of Regional delegates from each Region in participation.

Jultoplex
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jultoplex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:46 pm

United Martains wrote:
3. In the event of an external or internal crisis, they can be called together outside of their usual meeting times.
5. A Chairman is elected every 2 months to keep the Council organised and on topic.

Sounds great. I will post a Charter up here later in the day.
President of Amerson
*munches on popcorn

United American Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United American Lands » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm pretty sure I started the idea of United Regions.
Sup', I'm a dude.
GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

[align=center]About me: California-born Asian, patriotic, agnostic, atheistic, hedonistic, existentialistic, and immoral bi-guy with multiple personalities.

Oh, by the way, here's a song about pedophiles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:04 pm

United American Lands wrote:I'm pretty sure I started the idea of United Regions.

You did.

Controlled Interests
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Controlled Interests » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Your local advisor here.
As an individual who has participated, in the past, in Model UN/actual UN functions, feel free to consult me if you have questions.
CURRENT WAD OF MADRIGAL
Apply for citizenship here!
A CITIZEN OF LAZARUS.
Past Posts:
Founder of the CFN.
Ex-WA Delegate of the NGA.
Ex-Field Marshal of the NGA.

ASEAN
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Feedbacks for United Region

Postby ASEAN » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Since this is a United Region thingy,then the most appropriate is to adopt the UN System.

This will save alot of time and we also have a real life organization to take reference from.

The things I think we need to take note is perhaps the main following :

1. Rotation of Chairmanship
2. Authorities & Limitations
3. Mandates of the United Regions
4. Types of Office available
5. Raids & Defence Mechanism
6. United Region Time (URT)

Having said that and since this is made up of different region, I propose the following also :

1. Two representative from each Region but there can only be one vote being cast when it comes to Resolutions that are being proposed.
2. All member regions have to be in compliance with the stand made by the UR.
3. United Region Time to be moderated as and when in lieu of the representatives coming from different real life timezone and also when new representatives are being elected via each regions.
Last edited by ASEAN on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prime Minister of Genuan Rebirth
Founder of ASEAN

Secretary General ( Genuan People's Party )

ASEAN
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby ASEAN » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:23 pm

United Martains wrote:

My comments as follows :

1. High Council to be renamed to URA (United Region Assembly).
2. URA is composed of two representative from each member region.
3. Members meet at least twice a week so as to facilitate whatever is needed.
4. The Chairman of the United Region have certain Authority and Limitations.

Pls refer to my post I made.
Founder of ASEAN

United American Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United American Lands » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:32 pm

ASEAN wrote:
United Martains wrote:

My comments as follows :

I agree with your comment.
Sup', I'm a dude.
GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

[align=center]About me: California-born Asian, patriotic, agnostic, atheistic, hedonistic, existentialistic, and immoral bi-guy with multiple personalities.

Oh, by the way, here's a song about pedophiles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

ASEAN
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby ASEAN » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:38 pm

United American Lands wrote:
ASEAN wrote:
My comments as follows :

I agree with your comment.

Thanks. :)
Founder of ASEAN

Jultoplex
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jultoplex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:08 pm

United American Lands wrote:I'm pretty sure I started the idea of United Regions.

Oh, RF gave me the impression it was his project
President of Amerson
*munches on popcorn

Jultoplex
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jultoplex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Article III: The Supreme Council
Overview:
The Supreme Council shall consist of fifteen (15) member regions of the United Regions. Within the Supreme Council, there shall be six (6) permanent member regions. The Next Generation Alliance shall occupy a permanent member seat, followed by five regions, each specifically chosen for their influence in Nationstates who shall also occupy a permanent member seat. The remaining nine (9) seats on the Supreme Council will be occupied by regions who have been elected by the United Regions Assembly, each region is required to have a minimum of sixty (60) nations with a minimum of twenty (20) active nations. The nine (9) non-permanent member regions shall occupy their seats in the Supreme Council for a term of 1 year. Upon the completion of this term, the incumbent region shall be removed from the Security Council. A retiring region shall not be eligible for immediate re-election.

Functions and powers:
In order to effectively operate as a peace organization, the United Regions Assembly confers upon the Suprme Council the mandate to deliberate and make decisions regarding inter-regional peace and associated fields (humanitarian, sanctions, raids). The Supreme Council shall be required to submit a quarterly report to the General Secretary of the United Regions for presentation to the United Regions Assembly, detailing the activities of the Supreme Council.

Any member region of the Supreme Council is able to put forward a motion to the Supreme Council to be deliberated and voted on by the Council. Should the motion pass the Supreme Council, it shall be henceforth known as a Resolution. The resolution is to be acknowledged and followed by all member regions of the United Regions.

Voting procedure
Each member of the Supreme Council are afford one (1) vote in any vote in the Council.
The six (6) permanent member regions of the Supreme Council are afforded the use of a veto-vote in the Council. Should a region choose to utilize their veto-vote, it shall be counted as their one (1) vote and not be included as a separate vote.
Decisions of the Security Council on all other matters shall be made by an affirmative vote of nine (9) member regions. There will be no abstinence vote afforded to member regions.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Jultoplex on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
President of Amerson
*munches on popcorn

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Intriguing. I may ask my region if they'd be alright with joining later.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Jultoplex
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jultoplex » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:08 pm

Bodobol wrote:Intriguing. I may ask my region if they'd be alright with joining later.

I welcome you to
President of Amerson
*munches on popcorn

Controlled Interests
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Controlled Interests » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:54 pm

THE CHARTER OF THE UNITED REGIONS
PREAMBLE:

We the Peoples of the United Regions ARE Hereby Determined:
I. To protect the regions of NS from the scourge of war that has caused irreparable social, political, and economic damage to those who have fallen victim to the sword, and
II. To protect the regional sovereignty of all justified and righteous regions, and to ensure that their constituents never have to live in fear of being unable to progress to greater aspirations due to the threat of armed conflict, and
III. To establish a forum of open communication in order to ensure the greater safety of the international community, and
IV. To better the livelihoods of all in order to ensure the greater success of NS and mankind,

And to These Ends Will Seek:
I. To resolve international disputes through diplomatic means first, so as to refute violent precedents created by previous armed conflict, and
II. To create an interregional court, to hereby be named the Interregional Court of Justice, that will handle claims of blatant transgressions against regions or nations, and
III. Enact programs, both civilian and military in nature, that have been deemed by the ICJ, and other relevant UR bodies, as being beneficial to the greater good of mankind, and
IV. Create a High Council, whose sole purpose will be to assess and handle matters of military nature.

WIll Henceforth Pursue These Aims by:
Establishing a forum through which the mechanisms of the UR will operate, whose location shall be determined on an appropriate rotational basis, and where delegates from the member nations of the UR shall meet, if in good form, regularly, so as to ensure the greater peace and prosperity of the international community.
Last edited by Controlled Interests on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CURRENT WAD OF MADRIGAL
A CITIZEN OF LAZARUS.
Past Posts:
Founder of the CFN.

United American Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United American Lands » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:04 am

Controlled Interests wrote:THE CHARTER OF THE UNITED REGIONS
PREAMBLE:

I. To protect the regions of NS from the scourge of war that has caused irreparable social, political, and economic damage to those who have fallen victim to the sword, and
II. To protect the regional sovereignty of all justified and righteous regions, and to ensure that their constituents never have to live in fear of being unable to progress to greater aspirations due to the threat of armed conflict, and
III. To establish a forum of open communication in order to ensure the greater safety of the international community, and
IV. To better the livelihoods of all in order to ensure the greater success of NS and mankind,

I. To resolve international disputes through diplomatic means first, so as to refute violent precedents created by previous armed conflict, and
II. To create an interregional court, to hereby be named the Interregional Court of Justice, that will handle claims of blatant transgressions against regions or nations, and
III. Enact programs, both civilian and military in nature, that have been deemed by the ICJ, and other relevant UR bodies, as being beneficial to the greater good of mankind, and
IV. Create a High Council, whose sole purpose will be to assess and handle matters of military nature.

Establishing a forum through which the mechanisms of the UR will operate, whose location shall be determined on an appropriate rotational basis, and where delegates from the member nations of the UR shall meet, if in good form, regularly, so as to ensure the greater peace and prosperity of the international community.

*a slow clap ensues* I agree with this very much so.
Sup', I'm a dude.

ASEAN
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby ASEAN » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:22 am

Jultoplex wrote:
Article III: The Supreme Council
Overview:
The Supreme Council shall consist of fifteen (15) member regions of the United Regions. Within the Supreme Council, there shall be six (6) permanent member regions. The Next Generation Alliance shall occupy a permanent member seat, followed by five regions, each specifically chosen for their influence in Nationstates who shall also occupy a permanent member seat. The remaining nine (9) seats on the Supreme Council will be occupied by regions who have been elected by the United Regions Assembly, each region is required to have a minimum of sixty (60) nations with a minimum of twenty (20) active nations. The nine (9) non-permanent member regions shall occupy their seats in the Supreme Council for a term of 1 year. Upon the completion of this term, the incumbent region shall be removed from the Security Council. A retiring region shall not be eligible for immediate re-election.

Functions and powers:
In order to effectively operate as a peace organization, the United Regions Assembly confers upon the Suprme Council the mandate to deliberate and make decisions regarding inter-regional peace and associated fields (humanitarian, sanctions, raids). The Supreme Council shall be required to submit a quarterly report to the General Secretary of the United Regions for presentation to the United Regions Assembly, detailing the activities of the Supreme Council.

Any member region of the Supreme Council is able to put forward a motion to the Supreme Council to be deliberated and voted on by the Council. Should the motion pass the Supreme Council, it shall be henceforth known as a Resolution. The resolution is to be acknowledged and followed by all member regions of the United Regions.

Voting procedure
Each member of the Supreme Council are afford one (1) vote in any vote in the Council.
The six (6) permanent member regions of the Supreme Council are afforded the use of a veto-vote in the Council. Should a region choose to utilize their veto-vote, it shall be counted as their one (1) vote and not be included as a separate vote.
Decisions of the Security Council on all other matters shall be made by an affirmative vote of nine (9) member regions. There will be no abstinence vote afforded to member regions.

Thoughts?

My thoughts as such :

1. I believe we are able to confirm on the amount of Permanent Members but as to how many people are sitting on the Council itself should not be limited to 15 and why is that so? When more regions joined the United Regions, we would definitely need to have one representative from each region so the count of 15 would not be valid.

2. The terms of office for the 9 Non-Permanent Region should be reduced to 6months so as to ensure that within the year itself, they will be a change of representative and should the region decides to send the same representative, then it is recommended to limit each representatives to two terms of office.This is to ensure that the UR will have new blood inside the Council.

3. It is highly recommended to confirm on the organizational chart so as to allow member regions to know the UR better.

4. Should one permanent member in the council chose to utilize his Veto vote, what would be the next thing to happen? Entire motion be thrown back to the suggesting member region for their own review? or entirely thrown out of the window? And are there protocol for a Veto from a permanent member to be over-thrown?

Thanks.
Founder of ASEAN

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:52 am

Controlled Interests wrote:THE CHARTER OF THE UNITED REGIONS
PREAMBLE:

FCI!!!!!!!!!
Or should I say DWCI....
Good to see you here!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Jultoplex
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jultoplex » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:09 am

How do you all suggest UR conduct its defending/counter-raiding operations?
President of Amerson
*munches on popcorn

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:16 am

Give me a second... Let me dig something up...
(\__/)
(='.'=)

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:20 am

Here we are. It's just some bill that never got officially passed from the old NGA senate, but I think it could be utilized here.

Foreign Military Intervention Code

Minimal Intervention- A small number of nations mobilized (usually less than 5)
Available Intervention- A decent number of nations mobilized, without putting ourselves at risk
Necessary Intervention- The amount of nations mobilized to win the raid, no more, no less.
Excess Intervention- A large amount of nations deployed, to guarantee victory.
Total Intervention- All military nations deployed.
Militia Intervention- All WA members deployed.

Of course it requires changing for a larger group, but the idea is there.
It should be included in the final copy of our Military Policy.
Last edited by United Martains on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

ASEAN
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby ASEAN » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:27 am

United Martains wrote:Here we are. It's just some bill that never got officially passed from the old NGA senate, but I think it could be utilized here.

Foreign Military Intervention Code

Minimal Intervention- A small number of nations mobilized (usually less than 5)
Available Intervention- A decent number of nations mobilized, without putting ourselves at risk
Necessary Intervention- The amount of nations mobilized to win the raid, no more, no less.
Excess Intervention- A large amount of nations deployed, to guarantee victory.
Total Intervention- All military nations deployed.
Militia Intervention- All WA members deployed.

Of course it requires changing for a larger group, but the idea is there.
It should be included in the final copy of our Military Policy.

This looks good and practical.
Founder of ASEAN

Controlled Interests
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Controlled Interests » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Okay, thank you all for participating to this point. Here is our roadmap for the United Regions Initiative:
-> Preamble (just completed, being edited).
-> General Assembly (Julto/GR).
-> High Council (ASEAN, being edited).
-> Interregional Court of Justice (I'll be working on this).

I hope you all stay on as we attempt to complete the UR charter!
CURRENT WAD OF MADRIGAL
A CITIZEN OF LAZARUS.
Past Posts:
Founder of the CFN.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates