NATION

PASSWORD

An Invitation To Ganosians. (Closed for Ganos Lao)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

HRH Princess Rosa of Garza

Postby Free Garza » Fri May 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Rosa felt the bed moving and she turned her head in time to see Ray rise from the bed. She admired him for as long as she could before he finally gazed at her, at which point she smiled with some embarrassment at getting caught. Then she raised herself up to put her arms around his torso and embrace him closely. She planted a very ardent kiss on his lips as well as she drank in the sight of her chosen mate. There was no doubt that she still loved him very much and desired him physically as well.

"Husband, what do you want to do now? We have a little time before we meet with my family. Not much time, but we do have some. Would you like a shower?" she suggested, indicating that she didn't mean separately.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Fri May 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Free Garza wrote:Rosa felt the bed moving and she turned her head in time to see Ray rise from the bed. She admired him for as long as she could before he finally gazed at her, at which point she smiled with some embarrassment at getting caught. Then she raised herself up to put her arms around his torso and embrace him closely. She planted a very ardent kiss on his lips as well as she drank in the sight of her chosen mate. There was no doubt that she still loved him very much and desired him physically as well.

"Husband, what do you want to do now? We have a little time before we meet with my family. Not much time, but we do have some. Would you like a shower?" she suggested, indicating that she didn't mean separately.

Ray didn't answer Rosa right away. Instead, he leapt out of the bed, and picked her up off it, holding her tightly in his arms.

"Sure I would, but I think we ought to get you cleaned up first. I mean, you're a very filthy woman," Ray smirked, reciprocating the kiss before carting her away to the bathroom. He intended to spend some more....."quality time" with his new wife before dealing with her folks.

Hopefully, they wouldn't try to lynch him over all this. He spent his time in the shower half catering to Rosa's whims and half rehearsing his lines. Hi, my name is Ray, nice to meet you. He hoped they'd think it was nice to meet him in turn...

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Fri May 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Rosa enjoyed the pampering and took the teasing in stride, of course. She mainly loved being in Ray's company and getting to touch him, feeling the intimacy of contact with him. She kissed him more than once, both before and after drying off, as well as when changing in front of him into her new clothes.

Rosa now wore a full evening gown, one fit for the opera, orchestra, or whatever else Ray would like. She had some cosmetics one as well, but did not overdo them, not really feeling a strong need to do so. She also wore a crucifix on her neck, which she hoped would not trouble him too much.

"So, husband, what would you like to wear?" she asked Ray, smiling at him with pride and pleasure at the wonderful man whom she wed.

"Don't worry about my brother, sister, and aunt. They are great people, I promise. My brother just wants to know that you will be good to me. Since I know that you will be, there is nothing to fear or worry about at all," Rosa added, caressing his face with her fingertips.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue May 20, 2014 1:55 pm

"A simple tuxedo would do me just right," said Ray, admiring Rosa in her evening gown. Of course, he admired her in anything (or out of anything too, for that matter). After a moment of reflection on the luck that his life seemed to be blessed with, he continued talking.

"I'm sure you're right, Rosa. I just don't want them to think any less of me due to the.....circumstances of my birth. But, then again, as long as you approve of me, I can't say I'd need anything else, and if they don't like it, well, I'd say to hell with them, but I don't know if you'd like me doing that."

He chuckled a bit, but then noticed the crucifix. "That is a lovely necklace, Rosa. It suits you quite well in that ensemble. Oh, I should mention that if you want to pray before bed and such, go right ahead. I won't take offense to it. I like the idea of knowing you're so invested in this relationship that you'd pray for its well being."

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Sat May 24, 2014 11:08 pm

"My family will love you, I think. Even if they do not, they will accept you because you are my husband. We are now one flesh in the sight of God, and yes, I will pray for you, more than anyone else, because you are the other half of my soul. You are part of me now. In any case, even my family is less significant to me now than you are. You are my lord and my husband. As Sarah called Abraham, so call I you. I am pleased that you do not ask for the one thing that I cannot do for you, which is renounce my God," Rosa kissed Ray hungrily, before finally letting him catch his breath.

"If I do not stop now, we will end up back in bed and my family will have to search for me. Then I would have to announce my marriage to you in conditions that might begin with a misunderstanding that leaves egg on my brother's face. I would save him that embarrassment, especially as he might soon be King," she winked at her husband.

"Are you ready to meet my family?" she asked now.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun May 25, 2014 12:14 am

Free Garza wrote:"My family will love you, I think. Even if they do not, they will accept you because you are my husband. We are now one flesh in the sight of God, and yes, I will pray for you, more than anyone else, because you are the other half of my soul. You are part of me now. In any case, even my family is less significant to me now than you are. You are my lord and my husband. As Sarah called Abraham, so call I you. I am pleased that you do not ask for the one thing that I cannot do for you, which is renounce my God," Rosa kissed Ray hungrily, before finally letting him catch his breath.

"If I do not stop now, we will end up back in bed and my family will have to search for me. Then I would have to announce my marriage to you in conditions that might begin with a misunderstanding that leaves egg on my brother's face. I would save him that embarrassment, especially as he might soon be King," she winked at her husband.

"Are you ready to meet my family?" she asked now.

In between kisses had Ray explained that although he was non-religious, he had no reason to deprive her of her faith. As long as she didn't haul him before some sort of inquisition, he jested with a small laugh. He tried to make her feel like he was a carefree and fun lad, someone who didn't take life too seriously. He didn't rule out attending Midnight Masses and other holiday services, though, or allowing Rosa to impart some knowledge of her faith to their future children, although he would stress that the choice to convert or not be entirely up to them.

"Yeah, I'm ready to meet them. It's good that you stopped, well, because I'd rather not have them think we just hooked up to sleep together," replied Ray. He offered his arm, and gestured to the door. "Shall we, Rosa, dear? I'm sure they're anxious to meet us. Besides, the sooner we get this done (and I mean this in a good way, of course), the sooner we can get back to what we were doing earlier."

When they left the room, though, Ray suddenly got a lot more formal. Alright, now it's down to business. Time to turn on the charm.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Sun May 25, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Sun May 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Rosa gladly followed Ray's lead, relieved by his words and encouraged by his eagerness to meet her family and put this suspense behind them. She wanted very much for him to make an excellent impression on her brother, in particular, though her sister and aunt mattered as well.

There they were, waiting in the more intimate family room, rather than the formal parlor, because they knew that Ray was essentially part of the family, though how official they had not learned just yet. HRH Prince Diego Valdez de la Cruz, the rightful King, was flanked by his aunt, HRH Princess Isabel, and his sister, HRH Princess Blanca. This was expected, though not yet the news that the event had already transpired. That would come as something of a shock for them.

"Brother, Sister, Aunt Isabel, allow me to introduce my husband, Raymond FitzRaymond, from Ganosia. Yes, we married today. Yes, there was a priest. It was a low Mass, that is all. Ray is not a Catholic, but he was kind enough to understand my desire for a church wedding. Ray, this is my brother, His Royal Highness, Prince Diego, lawful claimant to the throne of Free Garza. This is my aunt, Her Royal Highness, Princess Isabel, and this is my younger sister, Her Royal Highness, Princess Blanca," Rosa pointed to a fair-skinned man with dirty blonde hair and two somewhat darker women than herself. Princess Isabel was particularly dark in coloring, almost Nalayan or Edomite in her olive complexion. Princess Blanca had a somewhat lighter skin tone than that and dark brown, curly hair compared to Rosa's and Isabel's waves.

Princess Isabel

"It is our pleasure to meet you, senor. You are now my nephew by marriage, so I insist that you call me Aunt Isabel as well," Isabel was the most open and warm of the three so far, even embracing Raymond and giving him a chaste kiss on the mouth.

It was not a sexual or romantic thing, just Garzan culture at work. Rosa didn't even show a slight sign of jealousy over that, though there was a chance that it might make Ray himself nervous or awkward. Blanca then reached out and gave Ray a much tighter, almost bear-like hug. It was clear that formality was out the window, at least with the womenfolk, who had decided that if Ray was good enough for Rosa, he was good enough for them. She had very high standards, after all. Blanca then, almost as an afterthought, kissed Ray on the lips very lightly and modestly as well.

It was clear that Diego wasn't quite ready to embrace the man physically, at least. He stood somewhat more aloof and looked directly into the man's eyes to discern if he was honest or trustworthy. He wanted to know if the man was suitable to wed his sister.

Finally, Diego relaxed, grinned, and offered a handshake.

"Nervous? I do not blame you. It is good that you are nervous. That means that you care. If a man wasn't nervous right now, I would not trust him. As it is, I believe that you love my sister and will treat her well. Prove me right. In any case, my sister and aunt have the right idea. For better or worse, the deed is done. You married Rosa. You are my brother-in-law. You are family now. Welcome to the House of Valdez, the royal family of Free Garza, of which you are now a proper and respectable member," he smiled at Ray at last.
Last edited by Free Garza on Sun May 25, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon May 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Free Garza wrote:"Brother, Sister, Aunt Isabel, allow me to introduce my husband, Raymond FitzRaymond, from Ganosia. Yes, we married today. Yes, there was a priest. It was a low Mass, that is all. Ray is not a Catholic, but he was kind enough to understand my desire for a church wedding. Ray, this is my brother, His Royal Highness, Prince Diego, lawful claimant to the throne of Free Garza. This is my aunt, Her Royal Highness, Princess Isabel, and this is my younger sister, Her Royal Highness, Princess Blanca," Rosa pointed to a fair-skinned man with dirty blonde hair and two somewhat darker women than herself. Princess Isabel was particularly dark in coloring, almost Nalayan or Edomite in her olive complexion. Princess Blanca had a somewhat lighter skin tone than that and dark brown, curly hair compared to Rosa's and Isabel's waves.

"It is nice to meet all of you," said Ray. "and I thank you for the hospitality you have given me. Well, as Rosa's said, I'm Raymond, from Ganosia. Um, I do hope our sudden decision to fast forward the courtship process doesn't anger you guys. I want to get to know all of you and be a true member of the team, family, you know, the whole nine yards."

Ray pinched himself. Hold it together, man, geez!

"It is our pleasure to meet you, senor. You are now my nephew by marriage, so I insist that you call me Aunt Isabel as well," Isabel was the most open and warm of the three so far, even embracing Raymond and giving him a chaste kiss on the mouth.

It was not a sexual or romantic thing, just Garzan culture at work. Rosa didn't even show a slight sign of jealousy over that, though there was a chance that it might make Ray himself nervous or awkward. Blanca then reached out and gave Ray a much tighter, almost bear-like hug. It was clear that formality was out the window, at least with the womenfolk, who had decided that if Ray was good enough for Rosa, he was good enough for them. She had very high standards, after all. Blanca then, almost as an afterthought, kissed Ray on the lips very lightly and modestly as well.

Before he could reply, he was surprised from the kiss. The next kiss also surprised him. He assumed they didn't mean anything by it, because it's not like this was some Motokatan hentai or anything — even if he could have all three girls in the bed with him, he would decline. He had chosen Rosa, and only Rosa, he wasn't a nymphomaniac like Lilith — only Rosa could bring that out of him, that's for sure.

Finally, Diego relaxed, grinned, and offered a handshake.

"Nervous? I do not blame you. It is good that you are nervous. That means that you care. If a man wasn't nervous right now, I would not trust him. As it is, I believe that you love my sister and will treat her well. Prove me right. In any case, my sister and aunt have the right idea. For better or worse, the deed is done. You married Rosa. You are my brother-in-law. You are family now. Welcome to the House of Valdez, the royal family of Free Garza, of which you are now a proper and respectable member," he smiled at Ray at last.

Ray took his hand and firmly shook it. "I wouldn't have married Rosa had I not loved her. She has taken me into her heart and I in mine. I hope that this is the start of a long and happy life with her and with you. Rosa has told me a lot about you all, and I hope I can get to know you. Perhaps my folks will meet you some time — I should probably get around to telling them about all this. I mean, they are probably waiting to know when they are to come for the wedding, ha ha."

Ray smirked and looked over to Isabel. "Aunt Isabel? Well, alright. I suppose I can call you that. It is nice to know I have been warmly welcomed."

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Rosa's Family

Postby Free Garza » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 am

Rosa was very thrilled at the way that her family seemed to just embrace and accept Raymond, now that he was in fact her husband. Then again, since she was not normally this rash, they tended to believe that she had good cause this time around.

"Thank you for accepting him. Seriously. This means so much to me and to him," she almost cried tears of joy.

Then she kissed him in full view of her family, leaving no question of the extent of her passion for this man, whom she truly loved with everything in her soul.

"You see? He is mine and I am his," she declared openly.

"Well, it is clear that God blessed this marriage, and what God has joined together, as the Scripture teaches us, let no man put asunder," Diego asserted, "you are one of us, now. A true prince of Garza, and don't you forget it."

"Indeed. I am so happy to have a brother-in-law at last," Blanca hugged him again, before everyone sat down for a little snack.

"Raymond and I are going to the opera, just so you know," Rosa announced.

"Ah, yes, some culture is good, though I must warn you that Garzan opera can be a bit sentimenal compared to some other styles," Isabel chimed in at last.

"Very much so. Be warned," Diego agreed, somewhat seriously, but there was nothing much else but to welcome such a happy union.

Enough had already been said after all.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:40 am

Free Garza wrote:Rosa was very thrilled at the way that her family seemed to just embrace and accept Raymond, now that he was in fact her husband. Then again, since she was not normally this rash, they tended to believe that she had good cause this time around.

"Thank you for accepting him. Seriously. This means so much to me and to him," she almost cried tears of joy.

Ray smiled. It was nice to know the same also. After all, he was from a rather controversial family, and normally a family like his would get turned down by the parents of purer bloods for consideration of marriages, but here was a family which not only allowed it, but even ordained it to be a sign that God Himself willed it. Ray wasn't Catholic, but it was also nice to know God seemed to be on his side, he guessed, he really didn't quite know. But who was he to complain?

Then she kissed him in full view of her family, leaving no question of the extent of her passion for this man, whom she truly loved with everything in her soul.

"You see? He is mine and I am his," she declared openly.

"Well, it is clear that God blessed this marriage, and what God has joined together, as the Scripture teaches us, let no man put asunder," Diego asserted, "you are one of us, now. A true prince of Garza, and don't you forget it."

Ray nodded. "I certainly won't forget it. I knew the duties before putting on the uniform. Rosa and I will live a long and happy life together. Once we're all done here, I'm going to scope out some real estate."

"Indeed. I am so happy to have a brother-in-law at last," Blanca hugged him again, before everyone sat down for a little snack.

"Raymond and I are going to the opera, just so you know," Rosa announced.

"Ah, yes, some culture is good, though I must warn you that Garzan opera can be a bit sentimenal compared to some other styles," Isabel chimed in at last.

"Very much so. Be warned," Diego agreed, somewhat seriously, but there was nothing much else but to welcome such a happy union.

Enough had already been said after all.

"I am sure it'll be alright," said Ray. "It'll be good to get some further exposure to the local culture too. What performance are we exactly seeing, though, Rosa? Care to tell me about it?"

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:25 am

"La Reina Loca, the Mad Queen....it's about one of my ancestors, Queen Isabel II, whom you may recall from the brief history lesson I gave you, mi novio," Rosa explained with a kiss.

"Yes, knowing that I am named after her doesn't really appeal to me, but the first Isabel wasn't so bad, at least," Aunt Isabel commented.

"As for that real estate, it's certainly a good thought. New capital and investment are among the things that this country needs. Socialism has its uses, but a nice infusion of capitalist wealth helps as well. A functioning society should have a mix of both systems, if you ask me. I will tell you, however, that you might get some other land as well as part of your new station, should the plebiscite go in my favor. Not saying that it will, but it might. No guarantees on that one, but I happen to know of a piece of land, not very large, that the present government has done nothing with, for some odd reason. Maybe they're reserving it for some other purpose, but what I can't say. Still, some of that could go to you, if you wished and I was King," Diego intimated.

"I don't have a problem with that, but maybe some land for me, too, brother," Blanca laughed in response, which led to Rosa laughing as well.

"Knowing the current President, it could be a set for a new film," Isabel teased a little, which caused them to laugh at her facetious remark.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:36 am

Free Garza wrote:"La Reina Loca, the Mad Queen....it's about one of my ancestors, Queen Isabel II, whom you may recall from the brief history lesson I gave you, mi novio," Rosa explained with a kiss.

"I remember that lesson," Ray grinned. He was loving all this affection that Rosa seemed to be giving him. Every single comment was followed by a kiss, not that he'd complain. He was hopeful to enjoy more of her wiles later on in the night. He had already consummated his marriage, and he was damn happy to have done so. He had done his best, and Rosa seemed to appreciate it, which made him quite happy. He had been hoping he'd be quite good in the bedroom for her.

"As for that real estate, it's certainly a good thought. New capital and investment are among the things that this country needs. Socialism has its uses, but a nice infusion of capitalist wealth helps as well. A functioning society should have a mix of both systems, if you ask me. I will tell you, however, that you might get some other land as well as part of your new station, should the plebiscite go in my favor. Not saying that it will, but it might. No guarantees on that one, but I happen to know of a piece of land, not very large, that the present government has done nothing with, for some odd reason. Maybe they're reserving it for some other purpose, but what I can't say. Still, some of that could go to you, if you wished and I was King," Diego intimated.

"I wouldn't mind acquiring some land for me and Rosa to live on," replied Ray. "In fact, I was hoping to get into looking over real estate opportunities quite soon, actually. Me and Rosa talked about it a little earlier. If that land you've mentioned is open to potential purchasers, I'd be interested in checking it out."

"Knowing the current President, it could be a set for a new film," Isabel teased a little, which caused them to laugh at her facetious remark.

Ray laughed alongside them over Isabel's teasing. Perhaps my aunt will be in it with her, he thought. He wouldn't have been surprised, but he would be a tad worried if she had heard of Rosa. Rosa had seemed to be quite faithful to him, but who knows what she'd do with Lilith?

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:39 am

The comment about his aunt brought some laughter as well, given that everyone seemingly knew about Lilith. She had a more notorious reputation even than President Carlita Ruiz, who might be an ex-porn star, but had never kept a Sapphic harem. Not even Aunt Isabel was that wild, though she was not exactly old-fashioned, given her Olwean connections and her sojourn in Ali-Zebu.

"As for the land, yes, it can be sold or simply granted to you, depending on how the plebiscite goes, I suppose. Perhaps a neat title to go with the estate, of course. The Marquis of FitzRaymond has a nice ring to it, right?" Diego chuckled.

Recent polls had given him some confidence and hope, but that could be dashed by the electorate. He preferred cautious, rather than unalloyed, optimism. He wanted badly to become king, but only with the consent of the People this time around. He wanted to be a different kind of king, a constitutional one.

"So, who is hungry?" Rosa asked, "I am, at least."

"Me, too," Blanca added.

"Same here," Isabel remarked.

"I could eat a horse, but then Rosa would kill me and become heir herself," Diego winked at them with his gallows humor....he never meant any real ill by it.

Rosa blushed, but agreed, "Yes, I would never kill you for any reason, brother, unless you killed a horse."

"Same here, and I'm not even typically capable of violence," Blanca added.

"You're a princess of this dynasty, dear. Of course, you're capable of it," Isabel said, as she gestured for them to follow her to the dining hall.

"Well, are we going to chatter or eat?" she smiled at her nieces and nephews.
Last edited by Free Garza on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:48 pm

Free Garza wrote:The comment about his aunt brought some laughter as well, given that everyone seemingly knew about Lilith. She had a more notorious reputation even than President Carlita Ruiz, who might be an ex-porn star, but had never kept a Sapphic harem. Not even Aunt Isabel was that wild, though she was not exactly old-fashioned, given her Olwean connections and her sojourn in Ali-Zebu.

They seem to think her antics are funny, Ray thought. Well, that's good. It'd be a shame if she tainted my image somehow. He had tasted of the sweetest liquour in Rosa, how could he give that up?

"As for the land, yes, it can be sold or simply granted to you, depending on how the plebiscite goes, I suppose. Perhaps a neat title to go with the estate, of course. The Marquis of FitzRaymond has a nice ring to it, right?" Diego chuckled.

"That sounds good to me," Ray replied. "I'm not particularly picky when it comes to titles, especially when I never expected to have one."

He added a small chuckle at the end, but was entirely serious. He never did imagine he'd be marrying a foreign princess, owning land in her nation, being welcomed by.....

"So, who is hungry?" Rosa asked, "I am, at least."

"Me, too," Blanca added.

"Same here," Isabel remarked.

"I'm down for some grub," Ray added.

"I could eat a horse, but then Rosa would kill me and become heir herself," Diego winked at them with his gallows humor....he never meant any real ill by it.

Rosa blushed, but agreed, "Yes, I would never kill you for any reason, brother, unless you killed a horse."

"Are you fond of horses, Rosa?" Ray asked. "We ought to go riding some time, then. My other aunt has her own personal steed, so I know quite a bit about horses."

"You're a princess of this dynasty, dear. Of course, you're capable of it," Isabel said, as she gestured for them to follow her to the dining hall.

"Well, are we going to chatter or eat?" she smiled at her nieces and nephews.

"Yes," Ray said, "let's go get some food. We can chatter around the table. I'd love to know more about all of you. Thank you very much for your kindness to me."

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Supper turned out to be several courses, naturally served by the staff, beginning with the classic gazpacho and artichoke salad as appetizers. The salad had not only artichokes, but broccoli, cauliflowers, carrots, peppers, romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, a dash of basil, cilantro, and oregano, slices of onion, and Garzan queso de moho rojo, a variant of mold cheese that was a specialty of the cooks of the capital. There was also fine black cherry wine, a touch sweeter than the grape-based variety, and its vinegar was the base of the salad dressing as well.

The entree was the porrusalda, albeit with catfish instead of cod, as freshwater fish were easier to get than saltwater in these parts. The main ingredients for this stew were leeks and potatoes as well as the fish itself. It was another example of how wedded the Garzans were to their stews, had to be, coming from the warmth of the Spanish sun to such a cold, inhospitable land so far inland and in the northern part of Acheron. Their soups and stews fed them well, and cheaply, were wholesome, and kept them warm when it was cold outside. They typically got very balanced meals that way, though they also ate other dishes. Rosa, however, had wanted Ray to get, quite literally, a taste for what it meant to be authentically Garzan.

It was a country, after all, as one foreigner noted, where "even the royals and nobles, even the King himself, ate like peasants, and no one even thought to complain about it or that there was anything wrong with it." Garzans liked their food, they just didn't tend to rank it into classes.

During both the tapas (appetizer with wine, beer, or spirits) course and the main dish, Rosa deliberately made Ray the center of attention as much as possible, asking him questions that would give him a chance to describe life in Ganosia as well.

In response to one such question, however, the Prince remarked, "I hope that we are not too strange for you, coming from such a large and modern country. We are very Old World, very old-fashioned in some ways, even if rather progressive in others."
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Free Garza wrote:During both the tapas (appetizer with wine, beer, or spirits) course and the main dish, Rosa deliberately made Ray the center of attention as much as possible, asking him questions that would give him a chance to describe life in Ganosia as well.

In response to one such question, however, the Prince remarked, "I hope that we are not too strange for you, coming from such a large and modern country. We are very Old World, very old-fashioned in some ways, even if rather progressive in others."

"This is some excellent food," marvelled Raymond, "and the wine tastes rather good too, but I should expect nothing less from a family of this - our - stature, I suppose. Please, send my compliments to the cooks, and tell them that their hard work is appreciated."

"Not at all," Raymond added. "What I'd say is strange about my time here in Garza is that a bloke like me got hitched up to a gal like Rosa. As for life in Ganosia, well, it's like living in any First World nation, really. We've got an immense economy, plenty of diplomatic clout, and our military is top notch, or so I've been told. Our nation is the world's first Hobbesian state, which means we use the words of Thomas Hobbes as the foundation of our ideological thought, but I am not too fluent in politics. It's not my field of expertise, you know? But I firmly support my aunt's administration, all the same, being that I think she's doing quite good. I intend on showing Rosa around Ganosia some time once I'm done touring Garza. You are all welcome to come too, if you so wish. Ganosia is a progressive nation as well. A nation where merit matters before lineage, much like here in Garza. We believe that a person must prove themselves to be worthy of their reputation, and that's what I strive to do in my life, and what I hope to impart to my children, if I should have any."

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:19 pm

"Thank you, mi esposo. The cooks worked very hard on this, I assure you. Very loyal, excellent cooks. Practically family, especially Raul, the head cook," Rosa explained, while sliding her left hand under the table to caress his.

"Ah, yes, well, what progress we have made has been recent. For all of their flaws and indeed their crimes, the Revolutionaries have broken us out of our national slumber and forced us to become more than a glorified feudal manor of some vainglorious potentate. We have had to modernize in a hurry and much has improved, though many things have very rough in the process, including the methods. I still cannot quite forgive the crimes of the late President, Anibal Guzman Mensch, but I must salute his reforms nonetheless, or at least the better ones, such as the empowerment and liberation of the peasants and the abolition of the Inquisition.

"Garza is irrevocably changed, cannot go back to its past. For better or worse, monarchy or republic, we are becoming a part of the larger world and learning to embrace that fact, not hide from it anymore. That includes notions of meritocracy, which I increasingly share myself, even if it does mean that a certain former porn star is now head of state," the Prince elaborated.

"As for Ray, he has more than enough merit, I am convinced of it," Rosa reiterated.

"Very much so, I am sure. Your judgment is not to be doubted when it comes to men, because you have very high standards, so therefore anyone you choose must be more than up to par," the Prince agreed with his sister.

"Yes, which is why he is more than good enough to be a Garzan prince, even if by marriage. God knows, we need more of those," Blanca remarked, "in fact, if Rosa hadn't grabbed you, I would have."

Isabel in particular broke out into laughter, "Sibling rivalry, niece?"

"Hardly, Aunt Isabel. Ray belongs to Rosa, and that's how it should be. However, if she hadn't snatched him up, I would have found him irresistible. As it is, I am now looking for an older man, but I can still appreciate what my sister sees in you, Ray," Blanca noted.

"Salud!" Rosa toasted and the others joined in.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Free Garza wrote:"Thank you, mi esposo. The cooks worked very hard on this, I assure you. Very loyal, excellent cooks. Practically family, especially Raul, the head cook," Rosa explained, while sliding her left hand under the table to caress his.

Ray slipped his hand out from under Rosa's, only to put his on top of hers, letting hers rest upon his thigh. "You're most welcome, Rosa. Please, give my thanks and appreciation to Raul. I would like him to know I am rather pleased with his culinary skills."

"Ah, yes, well, what progress we have made has been recent. For all of their flaws and indeed their crimes, the Revolutionaries have broken us out of our national slumber and forced us to become more than a glorified feudal manor of some vainglorious potentate. We have had to modernize in a hurry and much has improved, though many things have very rough in the process, including the methods. I still cannot quite forgive the crimes of the late President, Anibal Guzman Mensch, but I must salute his reforms nonetheless, or at least the better ones, such as the empowerment and liberation of the peasants and the abolition of the Inquisition.

"When Ganosia freed itself from Ian Brandon Anderson," said Ray, "we found ourselves in the same situation, but through the strength of our people, and the determination of our government, we were able to reconstruct, to begin again. I hope Garza can do the same. Rosa and I ought to be able to pass down a stable, prosperous country to our children."

"Garza is irrevocably changed, cannot go back to its past. For better or worse, monarchy or republic, we are becoming a part of the larger world and learning to embrace that fact, not hide from it anymore. That includes notions of meritocracy, which I increasingly share myself, even if it does mean that a certain former porn star is now head of state," the Prince elaborated.

"I fully believe in meritocracy. Those who earn their keep should be lauded, and only them," Ray mused. "As for your head of state, well, I'm sure that'll provide a boost to tourism, huh?" He followed that up with a slight chuckle.

"As for Ray, he has more than enough merit, I am convinced of it," Rosa reiterated.

"Thank you, Rosa. It means a lot, coming from you. You are full of merit yourself, and many other things."

"Yes, which is why he is more than good enough to be a Garzan prince, even if by marriage. God knows, we need more of those," Blanca remarked, "in fact, if Rosa hadn't grabbed you, I would have."

"You would've gone for me? Really?"

"Hardly, Aunt Isabel. Ray belongs to Rosa, and that's how it should be. However, if she hadn't snatched him up, I would have found him irresistible. As it is, I am now looking for an older man, but I can still appreciate what my sister sees in you, Ray," Blanca noted.

"Salud!" Rosa toasted and the others joined in.

Before Ray toasted, he replied to Blanca.

"Well," said Ray, "if you need someone, you could always look into my family, or sift through the many men in my country. Have you found anyone in particular whom you've fancied quite a bit?"

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:01 pm

Blanca blushed about that part and couldn't quite bring herself to answer Ray, having felt that she said too much already. Rosa, meanwhile, started moving her hand over from the thigh to something more vital to her new husband, deliberately trying for his attention.

"You know, my dear, Raul even knows how to make oyster dishes, and you know what those are good for. Too bad oysters can't be found in our lakes, but they're worth the price. Anyway, I will pass the kudos on to him," she whispered as she kissed him and even nibbled on his ear.

"Also, I'm ovulating," she added a few minutes later.

"I hadn't thought about that aspect of the President's background, but that's I suppose a plus in her column. As for this Anderson fellow, was he a relative of your Empress? If so, what relationship? He sounds like a tyrant, if you don't mind my saying so. Then again, Grandfather was a tyrant and so was President Guzman, each in their own ways, though to his credit, Guzman stepped down voluntarily, something that Grandfather never would have done. Still, he shed a lot of blood, Guzman, I mean.

"Enough of politics, however. Any thoughts as to football? Do you play it? Rooting for any nation in particular?"

"And the most important query of all. Are you ready for dessert?" Isabel chimed in with a grin.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Free Garza wrote:Blanca blushed about that part and couldn't quite bring herself to answer Ray, having felt that she said too much already. Rosa, meanwhile, started moving her hand over from the thigh to something more vital to her new husband, deliberately trying for his attention.

Ray immediately felt her hand, and looked over to her with a sly grin. He knew what kind of woman she was, and although his sense of decorum kept him from reciprocating too much, he silently vowed to owe it up to her when they'd be alone later that night.

"You know, my dear, Raul even knows how to make oyster dishes, and you know what those are good for. Too bad oysters can't be found in our lakes, but they're worth the price. Anyway, I will pass the kudos on to him," she whispered as she kissed him and even nibbled on his ear.

"Also, I'm ovulating," she added a few minutes later.

Ray had been sipping on his wine glass when he listened to Rosa talking; Ray had it out to give Raul the credit he deserved for making him such fine food that night.

But when he heard Rosa's revelation, he couldn't help himself from sputtering and hastily grabbing the nearest napkin, dabbing at his chin, hopeful he didn't spray anyone with wine. The thought that he could already be a father to his first child had utterly caught him off guard. He couldn't believe that things were going so fast like this. Well, he figured, I ought to talk to her about that somewhere more privately. To save face and avoid any potential embarassment, he went on to continue with the conversation with the others.

"I hadn't thought about that aspect of the President's background, but that's I suppose a plus in her column. As for this Anderson fellow, was he a relative of your Empress? If so, what relationship? He sounds like a tyrant, if you don't mind my saying so. Then again, Grandfather was a tyrant and so was President Guzman, each in their own ways, though to his credit, Guzman stepped down voluntarily, something that Grandfather never would have done. Still, he shed a lot of blood, Guzman, I mean.

"He was.....her father, and thus my grandfather," sighed Raymond. "He was quite the tyrant. Why would I mind you saying that? Any Ganosian who wants to avoid the risk of being seen as a traitor would consider him a tyrant. To consider him any other way is to open the floodgates to government suspicion and potential incarceration, even execution if deemed necessary. It's a long story, but it wouldn't make for pleasant dinner conversation. You'd rather want to hear an in depth review of the President's porn career."

Ray was thankful when politics was put to the side.

"Enough of politics, however. Any thoughts as to football? Do you play it? Rooting for any nation in particular?"

"And the most important query of all. Are you ready for dessert?" Isabel chimed in with a grin.

"I root for Ganosia, of course, and I've dabbled here and there, I suppose," Ray chuckled. "As for dessert, I'm ready, sure. I can handle quite a bit more food before we set out tonight."

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:45 pm

It was clear to Rosa that Ray had reacted very favorably, if with shock at that news of her cycle and the prospects of fatherhood. She winked at him to drive it home when she got the chance, though she also dabbed a bit at his chin to catch any wine that he might have missed.

"Don't worry, dear. We will have plenty of time for that," she whispered, "even with the Opera."

Diego raised an eyebrow, suddenly aware of just how hated this Anderson guy apparently was. It was a lot like the popular hatred of Don Jose Felipe de Porres, the Butcher of Ascencion, who had personally ordered 4,300 men garroted for their views and turned 535 heretics to the Inquisition to be burnt at the stake while he was Premier from 1908-1920. That man was universally loathed, ever since.

He was quite glad to change the topic and dessert was the favorite one of all. Crema Catalana, a very delicious custard, as well as peras al vino, pears in red wine, as a balance to that creamy dish. Raul now personally laid these down with pride, hoping to see what kind of enjoyment the guest in particular derived from it. He was pushing 60, but the man still had his pride in his work and would never contemplate retirement.

"Crema catalana is especially good, if you ask me. But judge for yourself, Ray. Raul is really good about pairing a creamy dish with a fruity one for balance of palate, if you catch my drift," the Prince observed.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:46 am

Free Garza wrote:It was clear to Rosa that Ray had reacted very favorably, if with shock at that news of her cycle and the prospects of fatherhood. She winked at him to drive it home when she got the chance, though she also dabbed a bit at his chin to catch any wine that he might have missed.

"Don't worry, dear. We will have plenty of time for that," she whispered, "even with the Opera."

As Ray ate his meal, he found himself contemplating his newfound responsibilities as a father, not only to his children, but of a new branch of his family. He had brought legitimacy unto them; no longer would "old blood" snobs look down at them with their subtle remarks. This family, though comprised of the bastards of a hedonistic prince, was now accepted as equal to their counterparts in Garza, and it would demand respect from contemporary families. Of course, that was not to say they did not have allies back home. Their founder was still a fixture at the Imperial Court, their aunt still the Empress. What were the remarks of those unable to see their time was over? Words are wind, but his vows would be iron, unbreakable and powerful.

"Crema catalana is especially good, if you ask me. But judge for yourself, Ray. Raul is really good about pairing a creamy dish with a fruity one for balance of palate, if you catch my drift," the Prince observed.

"I'll try some of that catalana stuff," said Ray. "But I'd rather not eat too much. I don't want to have an upset stomach in the middle of the second act, after all. Maybe Raul knows some cooks in need of work, also. I ought to find some for my manor. Rosa and I need fine food, like any good royals do, after all."

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:03 pm

"Well, he has a couple of sous-chefs, maybe one that he can part with, though he would likely miss them. Then again, all in a good cause. A Garzan prince and princess deserve the best cuisine. The crema catalana is an excellent choice. I applaud your taste, in food as well as other matters," Diego observed.

Rosa responded to that by pressing her foot against Ray's, but Blanca nearly spewed out her wine. She knew what their brother meant, but it just came out sounding funny to her. Thank God this was Garza, not Gavinium, where that statement might take on an entirely different connotation from a brother about his sister. Here, none of that incest nonsense was tolerated....and Rosa was definitely not that kind of girl. No, Diego had meant that innocently enough, though he took the giggle from Aunt Isabel in good stride, knowing that she was only teasing him. Then again, with Aunt Isabel....he'd have to watch himself. Rosa might not be that kind of girl, but one couldn't be sure of a woman who frequently visited Olwe and New Olwe, and who had lived in the Ali-Zebu Union.
Viva La Garza!

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:59 am

Free Garza wrote:"Well, he has a couple of sous-chefs, maybe one that he can part with, though he would likely miss them. Then again, all in a good cause. A Garzan prince and princess deserve the best cuisine. The crema catalana is an excellent choice. I applaud your taste, in food as well as other matters," Diego observed.

"I'm just glad I've gotten this warm a reception," Ray smiled. "It's really appreciated that you guys have shown me such hospitality. I can only look forward to all the fun we're bound to have together. Thank you. As for the sous-chefs, if they wouldn't mind working for me, they could come work for me, but I don't intend to pry them from here if they prefer it here. The crema catalana is indeed excellent too, yes. Perhaps one day you will try the cuisine of my country. It is very multicultural, very delicious."

Rosa responded to that by pressing her foot against Ray's, but Blanca nearly spewed out her wine. She knew what their brother meant, but it just came out sounding funny to her. Thank God this was Garza, not Gavinium, where that statement might take on an entirely different connotation from a brother about his sister. Here, none of that incest nonsense was tolerated....and Rosa was definitely not that kind of girl. No, Diego had meant that innocently enough, though he took the giggle from Aunt Isabel in good stride, knowing that she was only teasing him. Then again, with Aunt Isabel....he'd have to watch himself. Rosa might not be that kind of girl, but one couldn't be sure of a woman who frequently visited Olwe and New Olwe, and who had lived in the Ali-Zebu Union.

Ray turned to look at Rosa, wondering if she had wanted something. He had this bit of a feeling that every time she did something like that, he'd wake up in his bed, back in Ganosia, and find out that it was just someone trying to wake him up or something, but yet here he was, the Prince FitzRaymond, husband of the saucy Rosa of Garza. He didn't tell her then, but he intended to talk to her later that night.

In between the kisses, anyways.

Free Garza
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Free Garza » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:21 pm

"Thank you, and yes, I think that it is very delectable, too. You are most welcome, of course. You are family now, are you not? Now that you have taken vows to our Rosa, you are one of us, a member of this family. You are a prince of Free Garza. I do not doubt that you will honor your new rank. As for the sous-chefs, that is something that you should probably discuss with them and Raul when the time comes. For now, it is good that we are able to share some of the national dishes with you. I look forward to sampling some Ganosian cuisine as well. I naturally hope that our families are now one by this marriage, that as you are part of this family, we are part of yours. Of course, this is because Rosa wanted to marry you. She made the decision of her own free will and out of her love for you. We simply know that any man loved by Rosa must be good and you certainly have confirmed it tonight.

"So, looking forward to the opera, Ray? I hope that Rosa warned you about our operas. That you still choose to go is a very good sign indeed," the Prince remarked, while the others coughed and looked a bit nervous, hoping that the opera didn't put Ray off....it was always a sticking point with some foreign princes and tourists, for instance.

Rosa now spoke, "Yes, he knows and has honored us by choosing to go. Now, if you will excuse, I know that I am stuffed and ready to depart for the opera. What about you, Ray, my dear?"

She caressed his thigh while she said that part, just for the thrill of it. Now that she had a husband, she intended to make full use of him. Somehow, she doubted that he would object.
Viva La Garza!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates