NATION

PASSWORD

Year In Review Conference (OOC/Signups, Any Tech)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Year In Review Conference (OOC/Signups, Any Tech)

Postby Olwe » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:35 am

The Olwean government has decided to host a year in review conference at the Imperial Palace in Nariel, to be attended by the ambassadors and/or their delegations from each nation that has an embassy in Olwe (the event is closed to anyone who does not have an embassy here). The Emperor, Empress and their full cabinet, along with CO of the Diplomatic Security Corps General Denise Stevens, will address any problems or concerns that have arisen during the past year, work with interested nations to strengthen existing alliances or trade agreements, or to form new ones, and field questions on a wide variety of topics in an open Q&A.

The event will be catered by Wolfman's Bar & Grill, and security will be provided by the Olwean military in the form of the Diplomatic Security Corps, Imperial Guard and 1st Olwean Cavalry, with the joint task force under the command of Field Marshal Mezzaluna Devincenzi. Referring to the Field Marshal by her nickname "Mezzie the Lezzie" will be tolerated, as Olweans tend to be rather informal and aren't easily offended.

Sign-up form:

Name of Nation:
# of Attendees:
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?):
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up):
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Name of Nation: The Draconid Monarchy of Dyste
# of Attendees: About 4 Draconids (from the embassy), 2 Elves (visitors from Dyste, wanting to meet Olwe's elven population), and a dozen kobolds (servants/employees)
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Ambassador Reyson Luminus
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): To strengthen ties with Dyste, and perhaps arranging a visit from King Tyroth in the future
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Dyste wrote:2 Elves (visitors from Dyste, wanting to meet Olwe's elven population)

Will they be attending the actual conference, or walking the streets of Nariel? At the conference there are only going to be a handful of Olwean Elves... the Empress, a few Imperial Guard members and a Wolfman's waitress come to mind, but I don't think there's much more than that. Just letting you know so I don't disappoint you.
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Olwe wrote:
Dyste wrote:2 Elves (visitors from Dyste, wanting to meet Olwe's elven population)

Will they be attending the actual conference, or walking the streets of Nariel? At the conference there are only going to be a handful of Olwean Elves... the Empress, a few Imperial Guard members and a Wolfman's waitress come to mind, but I don't think there's much more than that. Just letting you know so I don't disappoint you.

Hm, in that case, I think walking the streets would be better. They would be the Minister and Deputy Minister of Elven Affairs, so they would want to meet as many elves as possible.
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
Embassy Program
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Dyste wrote:
Olwe wrote:

Hm, in that case, I think walking the streets would be better. They would be the Minister and Deputy Minister of Elven Affairs, so they would want to meet as many elves as possible.

Cool, we could do that as a subplot within the same thread or as a separate thread... whichever one suits you better.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:30 am

Name of Nation: The United Dinosaur States of Saurisia
# of Attendees: Four (the ambassador, cultural attache Julia Flagstaff, and two Ambassadorial Guards)
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Ambassador Marcus Ryan
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): N/A
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 am

*bump*

Also, glad to have Saurisia involved.

Zuni
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zuni » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Name of Nation: The Wild Wild Planet of Zuni
# of Attendees: 4
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Ambassador Phoenix Dawson
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): The recent increase in zombie activity, and what steps are being taken to protect embassies from the undead hordes; also, what Dyste said.
The Pentagram Bloc
Zuni is FT, but will recognize FanT and Pony nations. I am also capable of playing in MT or late-PT threads if needed, by switching blasters for revolvers and speeders for horses.

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Zuni wrote:Name of Nation: The Wild Wild Planet of Zuni
# of Attendees: 4
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Ambassador Phoenix Dawson
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): The recent increase in zombie activity, and what steps are being taken to protect embassies from the undead hordes; also, what Dyste said.

You want to arrange a visit by King Tyroth to Olwe? Not sure that Dyste and I really need your help with that... :p

Korintar
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Korintar » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Name of Nation: Free Confederated Peoples of Korintar
# of Attendees: 1 (technically three, but those other two will probably keep an EXTREMELY low profile, i.e. they will be there in the sense of the coordinates of 4 dimensional spacetime as we know it, but they might be, um, "rotated" for lack of a better word, so the more magically adept Olweans might be able to sense the presence of other beings, but it might not be that clear, so those other two people would, in another sense, not be at the conference. If that makes any sense.)
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Harunso Konstado (he is an adult now, fyi)
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): Reaffirm the ties between the Korintari and Olwean peoples, discuss issues with golem armies raiding the Korintari coasts, the apparent disappearance of Misuan Elvandu Mylxnori, and how best to support the Ylask Workers' Liberation Confederation in their fight against their KFL overlords.

Also, Hari is, um, how do the Korintari people put this diplomatically? Hari is interested in "exploring international relations" with the daughters of the nobility, if said ladies are so inclined.
Factbook, Q&A; Nat'l Standards Warning: Agreeing to RP with me assumes an acceptance of Any-Tech Rping and/or the use of dragons in Warfare unless we come to an agreement beforehand.
Jolt Veteran. (-6.00,-.31), (-7.25,1.08) (economic, social)
'So.... a complete disregard for societal norms is.... communist? If that's true, then sign me up.'- Lunatic Goofballs
'If you're taking White Castle hanburgers rectally, you're really doing that wrong. They go in the other end of the alimentary system.'-Farnhamia
'Space Mussolini! Go, go, go!'- TSS @ GWO
Reppy's PG opinion of Jolt
The Gidgetisms: Go no fuck? The Parkus Empire: As in, go, go Gadget no fuck.
Oterro: International incidents->"New Thread"->[Thread title]->[Thread OP]->War->GWO intervention

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:09 am

Korintar wrote:
Also, Hari is, um, how do the Korintari people put this diplomatically? Hari is interested in "exploring international relations" with the daughters of the nobility, if said ladies are so inclined.

They're Olwean. Of course they're so inclined. :P

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:30 am

Hah, the fact Olweans are like that is why Coriolis the Fey'ri Elf is coming; actually, I've wanted him to go to Olwe ever since I learned of your nation.

Actually, on that note... going back to what you said earlier... if the two elves subplot were a separate thread, I'd have it be part of King Tyroth's visit. Otherwise, I think it'd work better as a subplot in this one.
Embassy Program

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:31 am

Dyste wrote:Hah, the fact Olweans are like that is why Coriolis the Fey'ri Elf is coming; actually, I've wanted him to go to Olwe ever since I learned of your nation.

Actually, on that note... going back to what you said earlier... if the two elves subplot were a separate thread, I'd have it be part of King Tyroth's visit. Otherwise, I think it'd work better as a subplot in this one.

Like I said... whichever one suits you better.

Gavinium Magnus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gavinium Magnus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Name of Nation: the Kingdom of Gavinium Magnus
# of Attendees: 3, HRH Prince Mithra, HRH Princess Heather, HRH Princess Anne-Marie
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): HRH Prince Mithra, though Anne-Marie and Heather will certainly speak up.
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): marriage to yet another princess of Olwe, possibly some military and political co-operation, not to mention trade, tourism, and "foreign affairs" ;)
"Love of one is a piece of barbarism, since it is practiced at the expense of all."- Friedrich Nietzsche

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:52 am

Gavinium Magnus wrote:Name of Nation: the Kingdom of Gavinium Magnus
# of Attendees: 3, HRH Prince Mithra, HRH Princess Heather, HRH Princess Anne-Marie
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): HRH Prince Mithra, though Anne-Marie and Heather will certainly speak up.
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): marriage to yet another princess of Olwe, possibly some military and political co-operation, not to mention trade, tourism, and "foreign affairs" ;)

Welcome aboard. I have a few TG invites pending (your help getting the Dekerins off their asses would be appreciated :P ), and then the IC will get underway.

Dekerin Domains
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dekerin Domains » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 am

Name of Nation: the Militaristic Patriarchy of the Dekerin Domains
# of Attendees: 2- former Grand Duke Lord Volas yi-Celin, Lady Sarah yi-Celin (one of his wives)
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Lord Volas yi-Celin
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): meeting up with old friends such as the Olweans and Gavinians, and seeing Olwe in person at last, discussing tourism and student exchange programs
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
"Hasn't this fellow read any books?" - Vladimir Lenin (Patrick Stewart) regarding Alexander Kerensky, Fall of Eagles
'"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
"Ya know, if you're gonna send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is." - Xander Cage, XXX

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Ah, getting away and going for a walk helped me decide on that thing.

Olwe, I'll have one of the elf characters take part in the conference, and Tyroth and that subplot can take in a separate RP. I've got some of the details already, but since it's not related to this RP, I'll talk to you in private about it, k?
Embassy Program

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:31 am

Dyste wrote:Ah, getting away and going for a walk helped me decide on that thing.

Olwe, I'll have one of the elf characters take part in the conference, and Tyroth and that subplot can take in a separate RP. I've got some of the details already, but since it's not related to this RP, I'll talk to you in private about it, k?

All right, sounds good. Should I anticipate a telegram from you, then?

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:14 pm

*bump*

Still 4 invites pending, then I'll post the IC.

Sanian Confederacy
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanian Confederacy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Name of Nation: The Incorporated States of the Sanian Confederacy.
# of Attendees: 1.
Spokesperson: Nicolas Steven, Chief Confederate Diplomat to Olwe.
Items to include on the agenda: Discussions pertaining to the potential opening of a joint magical exchange program, primarily relating to the sharing of knowledge and magi between select college organizations. Along with the usual economic, political and potential military items appropriate to the discussion at hand.
Last edited by Sanian Confederacy on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join the Sanian Foreign Legion (SFL) Today! | Coming Soon, The Embassies and Diplomatic Program of the Sanian Confederacy
RIP the Democratic Monarchy of the SHADOW Corporation, 2009-2011
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way to Your Return! +2319 Posts and Counting.

The Geth Consensus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Geth Consensus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Name of Nation: The Geth Collective
# of Attendees: 1
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Platform #07312 "Sodality"
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): None

Felt like doing this while I get the OP up for our other RP Olwe.
A developing UEG puppet

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:24 pm

The Geth Consensus wrote:Name of Nation: The Geth Collective
# of Attendees: 1
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Platform #07312 "Sodality"
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): None

Felt like doing this while I get the OP up for our other RP Olwe.

Glad to have you... diversity was one of the goals here, and we were lacking in synthetics. :P

Also glad to have the Sanians here... like I said when I invited them, we need MOAR PONY!
Last edited by Olwe on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:44 am

I've decided to hold off the IC a little while longer due to inclement weather in my area... if I get online while the storm that's coming in tomorrow is still here I'm likely to lose my hard drive when the power goes out, so I'll not have access to a computer until maybe Thursday. I'll start the IC next Monday at the latest, but hopefully earlier.

Anollasia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anollasia » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Name of Nation: Anollasia
# of Attendees: 3
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Ambassador Ryan Cole
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): Strengthening ties
Last edited by Anollasia on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ylskri
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ylskri » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:09 pm

And here is the Ylask good guy I TG'd you about:

Name of Nation: Ylask Workers' Liberation Confederation (an insurgent movement in The Kallipolitan Federation of Ylskri that is trying to overthrow the KFL)
# of Attendees: 5 (the co-premier and his security guards)
Spokesperson (who will you be doing the most actual RPing with?): Ka-Li Sassan Gibri do Bara (Sassan for short), one of two co-premiers of the movement's government-in-exile in Karaganas
Items to include on the agenda (if you have something specific you want to bring up): Concerns about KFL control of Ylskri

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates