NATION

PASSWORD

International Coalition for Expansion [MT|Open]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aleckandor
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aleckandor » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:57 pm

The Keystone Federation wrote:So after a long time of inactivity and nearly CTE'ing a few times, I'm back, could I be updated as to what's going on?

(Also, my name isn't under Member Nations *sadface*)

Mine isn't either. Maybe Itailia's stopped updating the OP for that.
♜♞♝ ~ THE GLOBAL SOVEREIGN CONFEDERACY OF ALECKANDOR ~ ♝♞♜
The IC demonym is "Aleckandorean(s)". Just call me Aleck.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Gaveria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveria » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Aleckandor wrote:
Gaveria wrote:
(Image)
To: The International Coalition for Expansion(ICE)
Subject:Membership
From:The Allied States of Gaveria;Department of Foreign Affairs
(Image)
Greetings,

The Allied States of Gaveria have long held onto the belief that freedom is not free and that there are those that must pay the price for others to enjoy that freedom. And from each different period in history the price has been paid in blood; the blood and tears of young men and women who willingly sacrificed their lives for the greater good of the world.

It is a regrettable situation and a situation that the Republic has unfortunately allowed to persist. For to long have we sat on the sidelines and allowed other nations to do violence on our behalf. I tell you that that time has passed. No longer will the Republic relax idly on it's laurels as others put themselves in harms way for the sake of freedom that we enjoy. The Allied States of Gaveria will be at the forefront of every conflict, every battle and every firefight; fighting tooth and nail for the unalienable rights of humanity from tyranny.

It is for that reason that we seek admission into this most noble Coalition. A Coalition for change and freedom is something that every Gaverian citizen can get behind and something that the nation as a whole can safely identify with as well as participate openly with. We long to interact with nations of like minded ideals and engage in the time honored practice of diplomatic recourse and friendly banter as well as being a member of a international organization worthy of the Republic.

Our ''Application'' is enclosed within this transmission and we hope to hear a response from you soon.

(Image)

Under-Secretary Johanna Fitzgerald

[spoiler=Application]Nation Name:The Allied States of Gaveria
National Leader(s):President Robert Marshall
National/Most Common Religion:Christianity
Government Form: (Democracy, Monarchy, Capitalist, Communist etc.) Presidential Federal Republic
Is every citizen given equal opportunities in society, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, political views, etc.? Y
Are the basic civil liberties and fundamental rights of LGBT citizens protected by law?In Theory; However members of the LGBT community are barred from attaining Federal Citizenship by law
Are your citizens free to practice any religion they please? Y
Military Strength: (you may post a link to your military factbook if you have one)1.2 Million Soldiers;Airmen;Sailors & Marines
Main Infantry Weapon:SM 61
Main Battle Tank:M1A2 Abrams
Main Fighter Plane(s):F/A-18 Super Hornet,F-15 Silent Eagle, F-22 Raptor
Main Naval Warships: Arleigh Burke-Class Destroyer
Infantry Calibers Used: (7.62x39mm Russian, 5.56x45mm NATO etc.)5.56 Nato(M855A1)
Military Service Branches:Army,Navy,Air Force & Marine Corps
Infantry Body Armor: (if none type N/A)Allied States Modular Personal Body Armor System(ASMPBA)
Are You Willing to Switch to the 6.5x39mm ICE Cartridge for Your Main Rifle?: (6.5x39mm ICE is
6.5mm Grendel with a different name, there is literally no difference whatsoever)
No, Gaverian rifles have just switched to this new cartridge.
Are You Willing to Assist in Offensive Military Operations?:Y
List All Other Alliances You Are a Member of: N/A
Do You Want to Make a Monetary Donation to the ICE Humanitarian Branch?: (donate money to help build schools and hospitals in liberated/conquered nations. Please specify amount)N
Do You Want to Make a Materiel Donation to the ICEH or Peacekeeping Corps?: (all rifles/LMGs etc. should be chambered for 6.5 Grendel/ICE)N
Are You In Need of Military Aid?: (training, equipment etc.)N
Are You Willing to Volunteer Extreme-Climate Areas of Your Nation for Training Exercises?: (arctic, mountainous etc.)N/A
If Yes, List Areas and Climate:
Other Facts You Believe ICE Should Know About Your Nation:N
Membership Type: (Humanitarian, Security, Full/Dual) Full
RP Examples:
[Link 1] Crisis in the South
[Link 2] A Rebel's Plea
[Link 2]A Game of Thrones

[OOC: Reminds me so much of Aleckandor's style. I like you.]

So am I in?
The official IC name is the Allied States of Aurelia
Federal Archives| Characters| Allied States Defense Force| Department of State| Map| ICE| Allied Press
I'll take a dry vodka martini, stirred not shaken. And the names' Frost, Jack Frost.
Big bad mod huffed, and they puffed and they warned me!

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Gaveria wrote:
Aleckandor wrote:

[OOC: Reminds me so much of Aleckandor's style. I like you.]

So am I in?

No, but I recommend you be in. Italian Maifias has to accept you.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Gaveria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveria » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Aleckandor wrote:
Gaveria wrote:

So am I in?

No, but I recommend you be in. Italian Maifias has to accept you.

ok. awesome
Federal Archives| Characters| Allied States Defense Force| Department of State| Map| ICE| Allied Press
I'll take a dry vodka martini, stirred not shaken. And the names' Frost, Jack Frost.

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:46 am

So shall I set the thread sometime this week?
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Afalia
Senator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 am

The IASM wrote:So shall I set the thread sometime this week?

Yes-let (some) revenge commence.

Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arthurista » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:17 pm

How big is it on the scale between commando raid and total war?

Gaveria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveria » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:27 am

I Know I haven't been accepted into the Coalition yet, however I was wondering if I could get some assistance from you guys with re-structuring the Allied States Defense Force.

I'm currently debating which Standard Infantry Rifle I will be using officially.I previously used the 61 Series(Link located in app), however following a doctrinal shift, I am starting to take into account logistics and modularity(If that is a word) more than the previous administration.

Currently I'm on the fence between the overused FN SCAR system and the HK 416/417 Family of firearms. I was previously considering the ACR to replace the 61 Series but have since ruled it out on the grounds of lacking a up-caliber sibling for those longer range engagements.

The Allied States Defense Force is moving away from the large scale WWII operations of the past and moving towards a small,more professional force with a eye towards future weapon systems development as well as urban operations. So in essence we're getting away from Soviet Style Mass Battle Formations to more precision strikes and ad-hoc combat units with an emphasis on firepower,flexibility and maneuverability at the Platoon and Company level.

Anacasppia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anacasppia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:29 am

Buy NS. Buy Anemonian. You know you want to.
Personal defence, standard carbine/rifle, designated marksman rifle, and even support, all in one.
Now just choose bullpup, or non-bullpup.
I can't speak as to whether it is available in/compatible for calibers other than 6.7x47mm ASA (Anemos' own intermediate), though I'd be inclined to think that if you do ask, you'll get.

On another note, AK-12 is planned to have 7.62x51mm variant, in addition to current 5.56x45mm, 5.45x39mm, and 7.62x39mm. It remains unclear to me how modular exactly AK-12 is though; it may or may not be able to switch barrels and calibers in the field.
Foederatae Anacaspiae
Federated States of Anacaspia
Factbook | Introduction | Federated States Military Forces

Call me Ana.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Don't you?
Anemos Major wrote:Forty-five men, thirty four tons, one crew cabin... anything could happen.

Mmm... it's getting hot in here.

Arthurista
Minister

Postby Arthurista » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:31 am

Empire of Symphonia wrote:Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Aquitayne and the Empire of Symphonia
National Leader(s): Empress Seondeok vi Kiramashi-Riech [Symphonia; UK Head of State], Prime Minister Samuel Riech [Aquitayne; UK Head of Government] *Please note that respective persons are referred to by different titles and offices in non-UK matters.
National/Most Common Religion: None, Roman Catholicism (Symphonia)
Government Form: Unitary/Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Is every citizen given equal opportunities in society, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, political views, etc.? Y
Are the basic civil liberties and fundamental rights of LGBT citizens protected by law? Y
Are your citizens free to practice any religion they please? Y
Military Strength: Her Imperial Majesty's Armed Forces [Symphonia]; His Majesty's Armed Forces [Aquitayne]
Main Infantry Weapon: Standard IAS5 carbine (Symphonian design), varies according to mission
Main Battle Tank: M-1 Abrams Battle tank, ALU-7 Avenger heavy assault tank (Symphonian design) [MT/PMT]
Main Fighter Plane: FS-5 (Symphonian-designed multi-purpose fighter) [MT/PMT]
Main Naval Warships: Washington-Class nuclear battleship (Yohannessian design), Musashi-Class missile cruiser (Symphonian design), Xinhai-Class missile destroyer (Symphonian design), Commonwealth-Class nuclear aircraft carrier (Yohannessian design), other various designs
Infantry Calibers Used: 5.56x45mm NATO
Military Service Branches:
  • United Kingdom Imperial Army
    - Her Imperial Majesty's Grand Army of the Asian Federation (Symphonia)
    - The Royal Aquitaynian Army (Aquitayne)
  • United Kingdom Imperial Navy
    - Her Imperial Majesty's High Navy of the Asian Federation (Symphonia)
    - The Royal Aquitaynian Navy (Aquitayne)
  • United Kingdom Imperial Air Force
    - The Supreme Aerospace Command (Symphonia)
    - The Aquitaynian Royal Air Force (Aquitayne)
  • United Kingdom Secretariat of Strategic Intelligence
    - Her Imperial Majesty's Office of Military Intelligence
    - The Aquitaynian Strategic Command
Infantry Body Armor: varies according to mission
Are You Willing to Switch to the 6.5x39mm ICE Cartridge for Your Main Rifle?: Yes
Are You Willing to Assist in Offensive Military Operations?: Yes
List All Other Alliances You Are a Member of: The Asian Federation of Nations
Do You Want to Make a Monetary Donation to the ICE Humanitarian Branch?: Yes; NSD$ 45 billion annually. Additional Requests should be forwarded to the UK Foreign Office (OOC: telegram myself of Aquitayne)
Do You Want to Make a Materiel Donation to the ICEH or Peacekeeping Corps?: ICEH forces and associated deployments are welcome to use UK military bases provided that respective local governments are informed.
Are You In Need of Military Aid?: N/A
Are You Willing to Volunteer Extreme-Climate Areas of Your Nation for Training Exercises?: Yes
If Yes, List Areas and Climate:
  • Sea of Evendium and surrounding islands: Winter-time climate is stormy and seas are rough; currently used by Her Imperial Majesty's Special Forces and the High Navy as designated Hazardous Oceanic Zone
  • Kanato Desert/southern Central Mountains: year-round climate is mainly hot with few rains; Used by Her Imperial Majesty's Special Forces and Grand Army as designated Hazardous Hostile Terrain. Site of the Battle of Cadia between Symphonia and the Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia (GEIJD)
Other Facts You Believe ICE Should Know About Your Nation: The United Kingdom will be represented by Symphonian delegates for the majority. Aquitaynian delegations will be explicitly mentioned, otherwise assume Symphonia is handling all policy opinions.
Membership Type: Full and Dual
RP Examples:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=184728
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137275&hilit=Operation
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=244893

Acceptance recommended.

I think I need to make a clarification. There've been some confusion in the past regarding certain bits of the ICE's app form. In particular, this one:

"Are the basic civil liberties and fundamental rights of LGBT citizens protected by law?"

Recognising the great variance of social, cultural and religious norms among ICE nations, I deliberately drafted this in negative terms. What it is intended to ask is whether the state refrains from violating the fundamental civil liberties and political rights of LGBT individuals resident in your nation.

What it does not include within its ambit:

(a) The recognition of gay marriage, or even civil partnerships.
(b) Your populations' stance towards homosexuality - we're only interested in your situation de jure, not private opinion.
(c) Provincial/state/municipal law (or equivalent) regarding homosexuals - especially since the legislative competence of federal vis-a-vis state legislatures are usually well-defined, and we're primarily interested in the former.

Like the other questions on the app form, it is not part of a 'tick-box' exercise that determines your application. What it does is allow members of the security council to come to an informed view of your nation's human rights situation before they make a recommendation as to whether to accept an application.
Last edited by Arthurista on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 am

Anacasppia wrote:Buy NS. Buy Anemonian. You know you want to.
Personal defence, standard carbine/rifle, designated marksman rifle, and even support, all in one.
Now just choose bullpup, or non-bullpup.
I can't speak as to whether it is available in/compatible for calibers other than 6.7x47mm ASA (Anemos' own intermediate), though I'd be inclined to think that if you do ask, you'll get.

On another note, AK-12 is planned to have 7.62x51mm variant, in addition to current 5.56x45mm, 5.45x39mm, and 7.62x39mm. It remains unclear to me how modular exactly AK-12 is though; it may or may not be able to switch barrels and calibers in the field.

Don't forget 6.5 Grendel :D

I SINCERELY doubt it. I own an AK74 IRL and they are NOT like M4s. The receiver is pretty much the entire gun and the barrel can't be removed without permanently sawing it off. No way the AK12 will be able to switch in the field.

Basically when you get a 5.45 AK with a X-inch length barrel, YOU GET A 5.45 AK WITH AN X-INCH LENGTH BARREL DAMMIT!

Personally, I don't mind. I'm not a gunsmith and I have no inclination to modify my Kalashnikov.
Gaveria wrote:I Know I haven't been accepted into the Coalition yet, however I was wondering if I could get some assistance from you guys with re-structuring the Allied States Defense Force.

I'm currently debating which Standard Infantry Rifle I will be using officially.I previously used the 61 Series(Link located in app), however following a doctrinal shift, I am starting to take into account logistics and modularity(If that is a word) more than the previous administration.

Currently I'm on the fence between the overused FN SCAR system and the HK 416/417 Family of firearms. I was previously considering the ACR to replace the 61 Series but have since ruled it out on the grounds of lacking a up-caliber sibling for those longer range engagements.

The Allied States Defense Force is moving away from the large scale WWII operations of the past and moving towards a small,more professional force with a eye towards future weapon systems development as well as urban operations. So in essence we're getting away from Soviet Style Mass Battle Formations to more precision strikes and ad-hoc combat units with an emphasis on firepower,flexibility and maneuverability at the Platoon and Company level.

HK416 in 6.5 Grendel. Period. (we have plenty of them the IHAPC Peacekeepers use)
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:44 am

Arthurista wrote:

Practically it will be a large commando raid as there is roughly 2.5 million slaves who have been evacuatedfrom the Overseas Development Zone of New Alotos which the UDT lost due to a coup by group of hardliner social nationalists who controlled the southern parts of the ODZNA. Basically the TAF is slowly evacuating its slaves and moving them into Opexion along with their main military assets slowly out of the ODZNA while the TSA plan to have another coup against the new government. So basically the coup is seen internationally and the new regime requests that ships which are carrying slaves are either captured or sunk to prevent those slaves ever living in those conditions again.
HUN-01

Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller

Arthurista
Minister

Postby Arthurista » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:45 am

The IASM wrote:
Arthurista wrote:

Practically it will be a large commando raid as there is roughly 2.5 million slaves who have been evacuatedfrom the Overseas Development Zone of New Alotos which the UDT lost due to a coup by group of hardliner social nationalists who controlled the southern parts of the ODZNA. Basically the TAF is slowly evacuating its slaves and moving them into Opexion along with their main military assets slowly out of the ODZNA while the TSA plan to have another coup against the new government. So basically the coup is seen internationally and the new regime requests that ships which are carrying slaves are either captured or sunk to prevent those slaves ever living in those conditions again.

That's not a commando raid. If we have to take on a force that's guarding 2.5 million slaves you probably need a few divisions...

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:49 am

Arthurista wrote:
The IASM wrote:Practically it will be a large commando raid as there is roughly 2.5 million slaves who have been evacuatedfrom the Overseas Development Zone of New Alotos which the UDT lost due to a coup by group of hardliner social nationalists who controlled the southern parts of the ODZNA. Basically the TAF is slowly evacuating its slaves and moving them into Opexion along with their main military assets slowly out of the ODZNA while the TSA plan to have another coup against the new government. So basically the coup is seen internationally and the new regime requests that ships which are carrying slaves are either captured or sunk to prevent those slaves ever living in those conditions again.

That's not a commando raid. If we have to take on a force that's guarding 2.5 million slaves you probably need a few divisions...

There are being transported on 25 large cargo ships (roughly0.5km long) and are being guarded by <70 ships of varying size although there is a Shogun (I've just renamed the Hegemarshal) class Battlecruiser there as well.
HUN-01

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 am

The IASM wrote:
Arthurista wrote:

There are being transported on 25 large cargo ships (roughly0.5km long) and are being guarded by <70 ships of varying size although there is a Shogun (I've just renamed the Hegemarshal) class Battlecruiser there as well.

Still going to be more of an interdiction operation than a 'commando raid'.

Arthurista
Minister

Postby Arthurista » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:53 am

Aleckandor wrote:
The IASM wrote:There are being transported on 25 large cargo ships (roughly0.5km long) and are being guarded by <70 ships of varying size although there is a Shogun (I've just renamed the Hegemarshal) class Battlecruiser there as well.

Correction: not a few divisions. I need a whole bloody fleet. :S

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:54 am

Arthurista wrote:
Aleckandor wrote:

Maybe not a body fleet from just one individual nation. We are the ICE. We could just throw in a bunch of medium-sized flotillas from the different nations we have here and call it the 'Can Of The Whoop-Ass', then set sail for Titanician waters.
Last edited by Aleckandor on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arthurista
Minister

Postby Arthurista » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:16 am

Aleckandor wrote:
Arthurista wrote:

Maybe not a body fleet from just one individual nation. We are the ICE. We could just throw in a bunch of medium-sized flotillas from the different nations we have here and call it the 'Can Of The Whoop-Ass', then set sail for Titanician waters.

Actually, just remembered that my standing ICE intervention force is mostly ships. I can probably form my contingent from chunks of that.

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Why don't we stalk them back to port with attack subs, wait for them to unload the slaves, then open a can of whoopass on 'em?
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Blow them all up. Who cares about their slaves. More than likely theirs tons more, so what if you kill half of them while killing their masters.

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:58 pm

United World Order wrote:Blow them all up. Who cares about their slaves. More than likely theirs tons more, so what if you kill half of them while killing their masters.

*AHEM* You're forgetting that there is a certain country among us whose entire population was freed from slavery as a result of their brutal and violent democratic rebellion against their racialist masters. :roll:

No, we have to try and save them and slaughter their 'owners'. If we can't save them all, we have to do our best to make them understand.

Graznovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Graznovia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:45 pm

*Crosses fingers and hopes he doesn't pull a Ralkovia*

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Graznovia wrote:*Crosses fingers and hopes he doesn't pull a Ralkovia*

If he does Imma' pull a genocide *nod*
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Ralkovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:21 pm

You called my name.
Spig: Ralk, what is ur Zionist Jewnazi Agenda?
Ralk: PROLIFERATE POTATO
Divair: this is the first time I've literally just stopped doing everything just to stare at a post.
Kirav wrote:This is NationStates. Our Jews live in Ralkovia.

Maudlnya wrote:You guys talking about Ralkovia?
*mutters something about scariness up to 11*

Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk. :<
Releign wrote:
Leningrad Union: Help me against Ralkovia

That's a Jew octopus with a machine gun.
I think I will pass.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
New_Edom:you're so coy Ralk. You're the shyest of dictators.
More Funny/Intimidating Quotes About Me Short Summary On Ralkovian Policies.

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Ralkovia wrote:

You called my name.

At least I know I'm not the only one who stalks the whole forum by looking for my name as a keyword.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates