NATION

PASSWORD

Barentsburg, Your new home (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Barentsburg, Your new home (IC)

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Barentsburg, a vibrant arctic city of 20,000 people has many opportunities for business and a vibrant club life and guess what, it has become your new home and capital of the Nordstadt region of the AC Situated a few hundred KM above the arctic circle, and around 3 hours away from Valeria Port Aurora which is located to the north up one of the main coastal roads, Valeria is also home to the nearest airport as Barentsburg has no airport. The other airport in the country is Peace Valley, half way down the northern part of the country.
As a city goes, Barentsburg is small but busy, free electric trams, cheep beer what more could you ask for, all powered by a nuclear power station a few kilometers away.
It is YOUR NEW HOME.

OOC Sign up thread. ps be nice, this is my first run, it may or may not go tits up

national map
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Wed May 28, 2014 10:33 am, edited 13 times in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Xavi got off his boat and breathed in the crisp, salty artic air. He smelt of fish but as a fishermen it was normal, he was at sea for a good two weeks. He loved his job and the pay was good too but he sort of had to watch his money when fishing season was over. But no matter he figured he could get a second job over the winter to supplement his income.

Xavi was dressed in typical cold wether dress, thick sweater, overalls, ruber boots, and a beanie. Xavi had a regular build much like any other man and a couple tattoos on his body but the only one people could see was aA hand tattoo.
Nice Little Quotes
“Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

Fighting for peace, is like fucking for chastity
-Stephen King

Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Political Compass of Sedikal
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Nick Winter, Captain of the Crystal Jade looked at xavi as he stepped onto the quay
"Hey, you forgot this.." Nick then handed Xavi a raw herring "...we have a wee tradition here, in order to have a safe trip next time, the youngest seaman, which my friend is you my wee laddie, must bite off the head of this herring" he handed the fish to Xavi, "well go on son, donnae be a wuss nae!"

The crew stood around Xavi waiting for him to bite the head off the fish. The last person to do this was a young cameraman who ended up re colouring his trousers in a puce colour, in fact the colour was indeed puce!

"Anyway, its been nice sailing with ye, so when we sail again, I will be a wanting yae aboard the Crystal Jade" said Nick as he expectantly waited for the head to be bitten off the bait fish.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Afalia
Senator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 pm

William stepped out of the train station, the cold air hitting him immediately, 'Damn, that's cold.'

He cursed before taking his first look around. He'd arrived at Barentsburg's main train station on a location scout for his next film but had packed for the moderate climate of his home nation of Afalia. But whilst the temperature wasn't his favourite William believed this was the place full of character which he needed.

'I'll guess I'll find a hotel,' William said.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Behind William, the train's doors closed and slowly the train eased away, trams ran frequently along the front by the train station who's tannoy played ambient music between announcements, passengers come and go. From here there are bus routes to various parts of the city, as well as taxi's to pretty much anywhere in the city and yes it is slippy underfoot.

The taxi rank was just outside, here cabbie's talked about some of the fares they have had, one sees William.
"good day sir, where you off to?" he asks in a polite manner. His taxi is a Mercedes C class car in bright yellow
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:43 pm

"Man this is could weather." Said John who had just arrived at his new post as being the commander of the Vordic Sun's post in Barentsburg. He didn't know why he was sent here to this peaceful town. Maybe the Company had a few important contacts here or they were looking to start up here. But either way this position was offered to him by Jacob Drageth himself the CEO of the Company. Speaking of which the Company spared no expense on the building either. The company bought out three large buildings next to each other did a few remodeling and connected the buildings and a Vordic Sun post was established. John happened to live in the suburbs of the city.

John walked through the front door and was saluted by two Vordic suns in full armor with pistols at their hips. It was standard procedure to keep all none side armor/melee weapons locked in the armories on the upper floors. He then walked to the elevator and went up to the 20th floor and entered his office. The best part about his job now was that he could go on any mission he wanted and all operations were accepted or denied on what he felt about the risks.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:56 pm

From the office window, the view over the city is stunning, in the distance a black concrete structure can be seen, Barentsburg power station, home to two Magnox type nuclear reactors powering turbo-generators that push 500,000v dc into the national grid. Plug sockets are marked with warning signs "110v DC Do not use AC devices in this socket". From another window the view is of the curved bridge which every year is the start of the mid summer dragon boat race.

Downstairs the postman drops off some mail before continuing on his round, in amongst the usual shit from the tax office, utility companies and city council, but one letter stands out, its a large pack, giving details pertaining to firearms laws of the nation.

Ceasario
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceasario » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Karl stepped off the next train as it arrived. He had just arrived in the Aurora Confederacy and looked around. It was snowy like his homeland but still had a different feel to it. His wife and child had already arrived, so he set down his many trunks, cases, and bags and looked at a map. He proceeded to put it into a bag and walk off into the town, carrying his arrangement of luggage.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:23 pm

When the pack was brought up to John he noticed that the it was from the city. Why do people always have to make it hard. We are here to help protect people and offer our services. But then this happens, well I better get this answered so I can get the city off my back. But I will also have to report this to Command as well. John then stood up and looked out of the window made of bullet proof glass. The city was nice with all of the snow everywhere, but he could do without the cold. Then he sat back down to write the letter.

To the City Council,

I am disappointed at which we have to keep our hand guns locked up and while shotguns are allowed to roam. now instead of being able to protect the staff when in close quarters we have to now watch out for the scattering affect of the shotgun. I would like to request a permit to allow the carrying of handguns while all Vordic Sun members are in the building and on duty. I request this for the personal safety of my staff. But as I have said the handguns are now under lock in the armories.

Sincerely,
John Brackmen
[/floatright][floatleft]

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:25 pm

As Karl walked out of the station, looking at the map, he was greeted by a the taxi rank, one of the cabbies was already trying to get a fare (William (alifa) the movie maker), however a second cabbie looked at Karl "can I help you, its too cold to be out for long at the moment, hop in!" he says. Karl, the train goes to pull away, scrabbling for grip as its wheels bite into the sand, but once it has traction it begins to pull away, the overhead wires sparking on the 1500v dc supply line as the train pulls current.

Ceasario
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceasario » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Karl smiled as he got into the cab. "Ah, Ja, thank you." He pulled out some Northern Dinars, which he had already converted from the Malio, to the cabbie. "I just need a ride to the central areas of the town, if it is ok." He said as he set his bags in the car.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:53 pm

"centrum it is then" said the cabbie as he slipped the taxi, a Toyota Landcruiser, into gear and pulled off the taxi rank. "so, you have a good trip to here?" asked the cabbie as he drove down the road. On the stereo was a talk show, discussing the current events unfolding in the world with a politician who as could be expected was being typically evasive in a way only a politician can be.

"I hope you have got convertors for the sockets, you sound like you're from overseas, I can't place your accent" said the cabbie as he drove along, passing a tram that runs alongside the fjords front in a large loop. "we have presidents day in a few days, come rain snow or shine, the country gets a day off, April seven every year, then in May its Foundation day", said the cabbie as he was being overtaken by a big rig that wasn't keeping to the 40km/h speed limit, for it was doing around 50km/h.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:12 pm

New Roman Empire wrote:
To the City Council,

I am disappointed at which we have to keep our hand guns locked up and while shotguns are allowed to roam. now instead of being able to protect the staff when in close quarters we have to now watch out for the scattering affect of the shotgun. I would like to request a permit to allow the carrying of handguns while all Vordic Sun members are in the building and on duty. I request this for the personal safety of my staff. But as I have said the handguns are now under lock in the armories.

Sincerely,
John Brackmen

It wasn't long before an email came back.

TO: John Brackmen
Subject: Firearms.

In relation to your request, the council's decision is that on duty, and only when on duty may concealed carry be used, however this must only be envoked when protecting high value VIPs. Upon closure of shift, your agents must hand weapons in, furthermore we request that all such incidents where a weapon is drawn, a full detailed account must be given to the authorities in such event. Security conceal-carry permits will take aproximately 7 working days to arrive, these must be carried at all times by agents in question.

Yours.
Yanik Karlvanssen

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:22 pm

John was relieved that his request was answered. Now that his staff were safe from friendly fire he could relax a bit more than he before. He had taken several hours off. He only had to be here for standard officer ours and it was 4:45 Pm now. So he could leave for the day in a few minutes. He got on the PA system and said, "In 7 day hanguns will be allowed with in the building and you will have to carry a permit for it which will arrive soon. Until we get those hand guns are still off limits and you are to make a report if you draw your weapon on anyone and send it to my desk so it may be sent to the police for review," said John then he turned off the PA grabbed his things and left to go home.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Sedikal
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedikal » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Xavi looked at the fish and looked at his crew with a jackass smile. He then eat the head off the head of the fish.

"baški šôvá" he said with a chuckle.

He then took the rest of the fish and eat it as well.

"no wonder you guys have so many people on the boat! Your damn initiation is easy!" and with a chuckle.
Nice Little Quotes
“Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Yet human intelligence has another force, too: the sense of urgency that gives human smarts their drive. Perhaps our intelligence is not just ended by our mortality; to a great degree, it is our mortality.
-Adam Gopnik

Fighting for peace, is like fucking for chastity
-Stephen King

Proud Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Political Compass of Sedikal
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

Turchynov/Yatsenyuk
Russia Out Of Crimea

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 pm

Ludwig Reltz pulled into the service station in his rented cobalt grey Diamond Star Caltara. The ride up from Valeria Port Aurora hadn't gone too badly and the scenery and satellite radio had helped to pass the time. Caltara's were old hat for him as they were now probably the most popular car on the road in Neu Engollon, as frequently seen there as here in Aurora. So, he was very comfortable and content until just a few klicks outside of town. Then he had started to get a little anxious. It's always hard breaking into a new market and not knowing any familiar faces, but he'd been down this figurative road many times before in many other nations. Barentsburg was a bit smaller, so it was a little tougher to convince the home office that it was worth the mileage and expense to try to expand out to here from VPA, where they already had a foundation. Luddie was determined to make this trip pay off. He snugged the fleece coat up a bit more, feeling the cold crisp snap in the air.

He finished filling up the car and went in to grab a snack and soda. He locked the car, as there was plenty of BB swag and a couple cases in the back that wouldn't do to lose this early on in the game.
He strolled in and in no rush for time, spun a postcard rack around, then browsed a couple ill maintained shelves of knicknacks. He grabbed a bag of crisps, a cola, and headed up to the counter, taking a chance,
"So, um, scusta, er...sorry, excuse me, what um, do you recommend for a new visitor in yer area here. What do ya all do fer fun in Barentsburg?"
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neo Great Britannia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

"Sigh, Well God save the King..."

Postby Neo Great Britannia » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 pm

OOC:Corrected via TG.

IC:
Peace Valley International Airport, Peace Valley

...B.O.A.C Boeing 747 Flight 110, In one of the Peace Valley International Airport's Terminal's...

-B.O.A.C Boeing 747 Flight 110-

Mr. William Kirkland, a photographer, after several transfer flights in the Neo United Kingdom then finally arriving in one single flight to the Aurora Confederacy and lands in a certain city named Peace Valley for it is only out of two international airports in the foreign country though his real destination is Barenstburg where he will take a couple of shots of pictures to bring back to the Neo United Kingdom, Neo Scotland in the City of Edinburgh for well his career as he had made a contract with a certain tourism company and as well as a publishing house back there making him to go to the City of Barenstburg as it is part of the contract to take scenic, beautiful sights, and historic buildings photos all over the City until the end of the year when he will have to go back to Britain and give the photos to his customers though he will make copies of the best shots he captured in Barenstburg during his stay there, he has planned this out as he bought a house from somewhere here as his parents arranged for him and as well as with the help of his brother, whom is a Private Investigator along with his sister whom though is an Investigator though public not private in the Neo Scotland Yard.

But before all that he approaches the nearest Information Desk he could see after retrieving his passport and luggage and asked to the female attendant before him as he is looking for a taxi to the train station he thought:

"Excuse me lass, would you mind telling of where the taxis be found? I am actually a newcomer so I technically don't know this place...Yet."

The man then looked around curiously as he then heard his phone rang as he then was about to answer the call he then sighed first upon knowing that it was his parents and so he tried to pretend that he never heard their call as he placed it on silent mode and muttered to himself, mentally face-palming himself as he then move back his gaze to the attendant.
Last edited by Neo Great Britannia on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:32 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:Behind William, the train's doors closed and slowly the train eased away, trams ran frequently along the front by the train station who's tannoy played ambient music between announcements, passengers come and go. From here there are bus routes to various parts of the city, as well as taxi's to pretty much anywhere in the city and yes it is slippy underfoot.

The taxi rank was just outside, here cabbie's talked about some of the fares they have had, one sees William.
"good day sir, where you off to?" he asks in a polite manner. His taxi is a Mercedes C class car in bright yellow

'Good morning,' William replied. 'I'm just looking for a good hotel. Do you know any?'

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:07 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Ludwig Reltz pulled into the service station in his rented cobalt grey Diamond Star Caltara. The ride up from Valeria Port Aurora hadn't gone too badly and the scenery and satellite radio had helped to pass the time. Caltara's were old hat for him as they were now probably the most popular car on the road in Neu Engollon, as frequently seen there as here in Aurora. So, he was very comfortable and content until just a few klicks outside of town. Then he had started to get a little anxious. It's always hard breaking into a new market and not knowing any familiar faces, but he'd been down this figurative road many times before in many other nations. Barentsburg was a bit smaller, so it was a little tougher to convince the home office that it was worth the mileage and expense to try to expand out to here from VPA, where they already had a foundation. Luddie was determined to make this trip pay off. He snugged the fleece coat up a bit more, feeling the cold crisp snap in the air.

He finished filling up the car and went in to grab a snack and soda. He locked the car, as there was plenty of BB swag and a couple cases in the back that wouldn't do to lose this early on in the game.
He strolled in and in no rush for time, spun a postcard rack around, then browsed a couple ill maintained shelves of knicknacks. He grabbed a bag of crisps, a cola, and headed up to the counter, taking a chance,
"So, um, scusta, er...sorry, excuse me, what um, do you recommend for a new visitor in yer area here. What do ya all do fer fun in Barentsburg?"

the cashier, a young female. probably no more than 20 looked at him "well sir, there's the Midnight Rendezvous hotel big tall thing on the fjord front, if thats what y'askin" she said whilst scanning the items through the checkout. "with the fuel sir, thats fifty two dinars, oh at weekends most people watch the Bears play ice hockey at the local stadium, me I support Athletic South Sands, a soccer team rather than ice hockey "*

*ooc, thats for a full tank i presume, Caltara has a 60 litre tank iirc

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:12 am

...B.O.A.C Boeing 747 Flight 110, In one of the Barenstburg Airport's Terminal's...

(Image)

-B.O.A.C Boeing 747 Flight 110-

Mr. William Kirkland, a photographer, after several transfer flights in the Neo United Kingdom then finally arriving in one single flight to the Aurora Confederacy in a certain city named Barenstburg where he will take a couple of shots of pictures to bring back to the Neo United Kingdom, Neo Scotland in the City of Edinburgh for well his career as he had made a contract with a certain tourism company and as well as a publishing house back there making him to go to the City of Barenstburg as it is part of the contract to take scenic, beautiful sights, and historic buildings photos all over the City until the end of the year when he will have to go back to Britain and give the photos to his customers though he will make copies of the best shots he captured in Barenstburg during his stay here, he has planned this out as he bought a house from somewhere here as his parents arranged for him and as well as with the help of his brother, whom is a Private Investigator along with his sister whom though is an Investigator though public not private in the Neo Scotland Yard.

But before all that he approaches the nearest Information Desk he could see after retrieving his passport and luggage and asked to the female attendant before him:

"Excuse me lass, would you mind telling of where the taxis be found? I am actually a newcomer so I technically don't know this place...Yet."

The man then looked around curiously as he then heard his phone rang as he then was about to answer the call he then sighed first upon knowing that it was his parents and so he tried to pretend that he never heard their call as he placed it on silent mode and muttered to himself, mentally face-palming himself.[/quote]

"sir, taxi rank is litterally just outside the arrivals hall, however if its Barentsburg you're going to, head down stairs, take the second left and catch a train, its about an hour and a half on the train from here, It'll drop you on Barentsburg Centrum train station, close to which there are several hotels and guest houses." the desk clerk smiled and pointed to the exit way that leads to the train station that is underneath the airport.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:24 am

Afalia wrote:
Aurora Confederacy wrote:Behind William, the train's doors closed and slowly the train eased away, trams ran frequently along the front by the train station who's tannoy played ambient music between announcements, passengers come and go. From here there are bus routes to various parts of the city, as well as taxi's to pretty much anywhere in the city and yes it is slippy underfoot.

'Good morning,' William replied. 'I'm just looking for a good hotel. Do you know any?'

The cabbie looked at William "sure, there's several, Midnight Rendezvous is a good one, damn tropical inside no matter how cold it gets here, rooms are not bad price either, thirty dino's per night for a full ensuite, theres a night club as well on site as well as a sauna and swimming pool, want there?" the cabbie popped the trunk of his Mercedes C class and offered to help William with his bags.

On the platform, another train rolls in, the station tannoy changing from music to an announcement *ping**ping**ping*"The train now arriving on platform one is the Orbis Rail TGX service to Nova Katowice, stopping at Valeria Port Aurora, Kirsten Cross, South Sands and Nova Katowice." The orbis TGX rolls slowly to a stop, no sooner does the announcement end, the tannoy flips back to ambient music again. The taxi behind, a toyota land cruser pulls off to go to its destination, whilst the taxi behind that, a Diamond Star Katla, again a 4x4 pulls forwards.

Once William was in the taxi, the cabbie slipped the car into gear and pulled away to make the trip to the hotel, his choice of music is of questionable taste, cheesy 80s electro-pop but its non offencive and bides the time.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 am

Midnight Rendezvous hotel,
After parking her truck up on the sea front, Adel Sandersson, around 5'7" so not the tallest of people however she was well built, almost like a tank and, wearing combats, sneakers and a T-shirt, yes, a T-shirt, carrying a sports bag with some gear in it made her way into the hotel, her Freightliner Coronado truck was parked in a parking bay opposite the hotel by one of the tram stops.

Dropping her bag onto the floor Adel pulls out a wallet from her lower pocket of her combat trousers and pulls out a debit card "room for one please, I need a sort stay here", the desk clerk, wearing a suit with slick backed hair that any Italan would be proud of tapped a few keys on the computer and printed off a receipt before handing Adel the key, "first left then through the double doors, elevators are in the atrium, you want the fourth floor" he proceeded to hand her a key and a tab card "the card, thats a tab card, you can buy stuff on it and then pay it off as you leave, or you can use cash at the bars" he said.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:46 am

New Roman Empire wrote:John was relieved that his request was answered. Now that his staff were safe from friendly fire he could relax a bit more than he before. He had taken several hours off. He only had to be here for standard officer ours and it was 4:45 Pm now. So he could leave for the day in a few minutes. He got on the PA system and said, "In 7 day hanguns will be allowed with in the building and you will have to carry a permit for it which will arrive soon. Until we get those hand guns are still off limits and you are to make a report if you draw your weapon on anyone and send it to my desk so it may be sent to the police for review," said John then he turned off the PA grabbed his things and left to go home.

As John drove home, the news was pretty boring however a diplomat from a nation with less than great human rights was to visit the country, and his enterage has a habit of abusing the hospitality of its host. "here is the afternoon news here on Barentsburg FM, Robert Duvall of Terra Azure is due to visit Barentsburg next week to attempt to secure trade deals between the confederacy and Terra Azure. Since nineteen ninety two, there have sour relations betweem the confederacy and Terra Azure after Azurran diplomatic protection staff attempted to take a reporter back with them for confronting the diplomat over the human rights record of Terra Azure.." the news reporter on Barentsburg FM went on to mention other stories but the Diplomat was the main story.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:55 am

Sedikal wrote:Xavi looked at the fish and looked at his crew with a jackass smile. He then eat the head off the head of the fish.

"baški šôvá" he said with a chuckle.

He then took the rest of the fish and eat it as well.

"no wonder you guys have so many people on the boat! Your damn initiation is easy!" and with a chuckle.

The crew laughed as Xavi consumed the rather salty fish, then began to hurl snowballs at him, one crew man shouting "Grenade", before hurling the white ball, once one ball was in the air, a host of other snowballs started to come in bound, some striking, some missing their intended target and exploding into balls of white dust as they hit the dock.

"See you in a week Xavi" one crewman souted.

Afalia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Afalia » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:27 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:The cabbie looked at William "sure, there's several, Midnight Rendezvous is a good one, damn tropical inside no matter how cold it gets here, rooms are not bad price either, thirty dino's per night for a full ensuite, theres a night club as well on site as well as a sauna and swimming pool, want there?" the cabbie popped the trunk of his Mercedes C class and offered to help William with his bags.

On the platform, another train rolls in, the station tattoy changing from music to an announcement *ping**ping**ping*"The train now arriving on platform one is the Orbis Rail TGX service to Nova Katowice, stopping at Valeria Port Aurora, Kirsten Cross, South Sands and Nova Katowice." The orbis TGX rolls slowly to a stop, no sooner does the announcement end, the tannoy flips back to ambient music again. The taxi behind, a toyota land cruser pulls off to go to its destination, whilst the taxi behind that, a Diamond Star Katla, again a 4x4 pulls forwards.

Once William was in the taxi, the cabbie slipped the car into gear and pulled away to make the trip to the hotel, his choice of music is of questionable taste, cheesy 80s electro-pop but its non offencive and bides the time.

William sat in the car as it drove along to the hotel. The music inside was cheesy but perhaps what people listened to around here.

'So, what's the normal thing to do around here for fun? Anything in particular or special?' William asked.

Once he'd got to the hotel he thought he'd unpack and then start making his way around town getting a feel for life here.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates