NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 25 - Contest/IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Venasta
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venasta » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 pm

28. Venasta

Lydia Armstrong
'Take What Is Mine'

Tune: Break The Ice - Kim-Lian van der Meij

Lydia Armstrong walked onto stage wearing a short, white cocktail dress. She had been internally selected to represent her nation of Venasta by a jury member vote, which had consisted of five jury members. Out of three possible contestants, Ms.Armstrong had won a unanimous vote amongst the jury members. The song had been chosen from the citizens of Venasta, which could choose from two different songs. The voting margin had been very close; 58% in favor of 'Take What Is Mine'.

As Lydia took the stage, her backup singers seemed as though they had already taken their place in the far right corner of stage. Lydia's hair seemed to be highlighted red at the tips, and she wore beautiful ruby earrings. She took her place in the center of the stage and waited for a couple of seconds before the music started playing. The lights were a dark blue color and the backing screen showed moving patterns of blue blocks.

I'm gonna take take take what is mine tonight.
I don't care how how how long it will take tonight.

The lights flickered to all different colors for a split second before returning to their previous colors.

I don't want to wait
Until it is too late
For me to have what I deserve.

I just want it all
Let's all have a ball
Once I get what I deserve

Because you know,
I have been waiting too long!
Now it's time for me to reach for the stars!

The lights now shined into all different colors, like a rainbow, and many spotlights traveled throughout the stage and the audience. The background screen remained the same, however small jets of fire rose out from the edge of the stage in tune of the beat.
'
It's time i take what is mine
I don't care how how how long it will take tonight
How ever long it'll take

I'm gonna take, take, take what is mine.

The color of the lights return to normal, however blue spotlights continue to travel throughout the stage. Lydia now walks around the stage smiling at the crowd as she sings.

This night is my night
Don't you put up a fight
Don't you try to stop me

My power is within
I've been holding in
All my strength for this night

Because you know,
I have been waiting for too long!
Now it's time for me to reach for the stars!

The lights return to their multi-colored pattern, and Lydia now stands in the center, doing dance consisting of rapid arm movements as she sings. The backup singers seem to be following the same dance pattern as Lydia, although they are not as easily seen.

How ever long it'll take

The lights go completely dark, hiding the rest of the stage and backup singers from view of the audience. The backing screen was completely black except for a few crystals which appeared once every two seconds. Lydia sang this next part in a crouched position.

Let me have my fun
There isn't anyone else who can stop me.
From doing what I want to do.

Lydia stood up in a jerky motion as the beat progressed. The colors changed with the beat as well, and the background pattern changed into a series of wave-like patterns that moved with the beat as well.

When she began to sing, the lights returned to their multi-colored pattern, and Lydia resumes walking up and down the stage smiling and seeming to have a good time as she sang.

How ever long it'll take

I'm gonna take.

As the song ends. Lydia bows her head and waves. "Thank you Polkopia!" She shouts, and runs off.

Syrche
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Alpaisne Mainland Commentary Pt. 3

Postby Syrche » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 am

Wyndell: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome back to our live coverage of the Worldvision Song Contest, happening LIVE in Polkopia! If you're just joining us, our judges are Dana Simmons! of Syrche; Ric Lakardt, of Lithany; Rici Sentasi from the Dåtsche Republic; and Madem Palorvikk of Kræder Providanz.

Zavlia Performs

Rici Sentasi: A dance song that i can't dance to.
Dana Simmons: I can. i think you're just too stiff...
Madem Palorvikk: very nice performance.
Ric Lakardt: Something different. i like it, but it's no big wow.

Crolacia Performs

Rici Sentasi: It was a bit slow going
Madem Palorvikk: Rici, you wouldn't know good music if it slapped you in the face....
Ric Lakardt: great production values. i thought the lyrics were quite well written
Dana Simmons: i think the dance was a great interpretation of the song. it really pulled the emotion into it.

Kingsley Bedford Performs

Dana Simmons: The ending was spectacular. The slow tempo in songs like this is usually a hindrance on their outcome, but the light show helped to pull it together quite nicely.
Madem Palorvikk: Very contemporary without going over board.
Rici Sentasi: It was good, but not as memorable as i might expect. Much better than a lot of what we've seen tonight.
Ric Lakardt: One of the top performances tonight, in my opinion.

Eireann Fae Performs

Dana Simmons: Well...Was she a hooker or what?
*Laughter from the audience, and other judges*
Ric Lakardt: Lives up to the title, it was indeed, very sexual...
Rici Sentasi: if this is what you have to do to get a guys attention, then he's not worth it. Don't degrade yourself.
*Applause from the Audience*
Madem Palorvikk: The most sensible line of words you've said all night, Rici.

The Nuclear Fist (Rustonia) Performs

Ric Lakardt: What a...morbid display...
Dana Simmons: Very theatrical... how did they pull it off?
Madem Palorvikk: It paints a grim scene, but very well orchestrated.
Rici Sentasi: Not my type of music, that's for sure, but something about it really grabs me.

Wyndell: Okay folks, you know what time it is. We'll be back...
*Commercials
Wyndell: And we're back, on Alpaisne Interior Telekast, broadcasting WorldVision 25 Direct from Polkopia.

Zwangzug Performs

Madem Palorvikk: Seems a bit blocky, lyrically.
Ric Lakardt: i think a bit more flow would have done well for this piece, but the lyrics just didn't quite allow it.
Rici Sentasi: I think it's good, just... missing something.
Dana Simmons: Well performed, but i'm not sure the imagery came across quite as it should in a live performance.

New Carloso Performs

Rici Sentasi: I REALLY like this piece! I can't believe it!
Ric Lakardt: It had a good beat. Danceable, if you're into that. The live drums were spectacular.
Madem Palorvikk: Very well produced. Indicative of the contemporary international pop scene. this should do well.
Dana Simmons: It could have used more dancing, but as a song i think it stacks up well.

Anollasia Performs

Dana Simmons: It was good...until the end....
Rici Sentasi:I didn't really get it. it seemed to be a song about peace and clarity, and then Michael smashes his guitar and i'm left wondering what i'm really supposed to be getting from this...
Ric Lakardt: This is a tragedy. Guitarist everywhere will weep... Blasphemy i call it...
Madem Palorvikk: I've seen this show of egotism before... The song was good, but i now have a lasting impression of this performance that can not be unseen
Ric Lakardt: Nor Forgiven...
Dana Simmons: (Echoing Ric) Nor Forgiven...

*Without warning, Commercials*
*Again, without warning, we return to Polkopia, where:

Calimera Performs

Dana Simmons: A brilliant show of patriotism.
Ric Lakardt: I'm surprised you didn't touch on the brilliant graphics, Dana.
Dana Simmons: Well, i don't want to be too predictable now do i?
Madem Palorvikk: I like the use of dual language, that was good, i thought.
Rici Sentasi: it was okay, but i'm sick of seeing "okay."

Alambiya Performs

Rici Sentasi: I'm sure it was more impressive before the translation.
Ric Lakardt: It was well, but could have been done much better...
Madem Palorvikk: You'd think after all these years someone would have put it to music?
Dana Simmons: i can deffinately appreciate a reverence for a historically significant piece, with or without a track backing it.

Venasta Performs

Dana Simmons opens his mouth to speak, but is cut off by Ric Lakardt
Ric Lakardt: *Mocking* It was a lovely light show!
*The Audience Laughs*
*Dana Simmons' mouth hangs*
Dana Simmons: That is not at all what i was gonna say... i thought it was a....*choosing his words*...grand...performance by a...beautiful...young woman...
Madem Palorvikk: I thought it was-
Ric Lakardt: *Interrupting* quite contemporary?
*More Laughter from the Audience*
*Madem is stunned*
Rici Sentasi: Look, the truth is, it was-
Ric Lakardt: *Interrupting, mocking, deep monotone voice* Drab, Horrible! Who would show this???
*The Audience Roars*
Rici Sentasi: Ric, have you taken your medication today?
Ric Lakardt: *Mock eye pop* I KNEW I'd forgotten something!
*More Laughter*
Rici Sentasi: Well, you might have Dana and Madem sized up, but i thought it was great... my listeners would love this...
Ric Lakardt: Well, it was worth a go.

Wyndell: Ladies and Gentlemen, now may be the time to run to your kitchen and fix a sandwich. We'll return, after this...
Last edited by Syrche on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Worszary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Worszary » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:05 am

29. WORSZARY - AMÉLY RÜHRER - "SCEGLIERE"
Lyrics & Music by Amély Rührer
Title translation "To Choose"
To the melody of Pretty Face, by Sóley

Amély Rührer was going to be Worszary's first WorldVision entrant, and she was about to sing Worszary's first WorldVision entry. On international level, Worszary had always been like Switzerland: neutral and aloof (even though the country itself wasn't isolated from the outside world at all). Amély was going to sing in Italian, her mother tongue, and Worszary's second language after Worsarian. Well, second language, it wasn't spoken by a lot of people at all.

The last months had been like an intoxication for her: so much had happened. It only started some months ago, when her country announced it's participation in this contest. Soon after the first commercials for Eines Litchen Vûr Wörsz she signed up, and she won it, which was expected by everyone except her. WorldVision was slowly growing in popularity in Worszary, yet she was sure this show was not going to be the show with the highest ratings of the night.

She hadn't practised that much. Her act wasn't an act that required a lot of practise, and she knew the song well enough to sing it live, she wrote it herself after all. Amély also believed that practising the song a thousand times would make the performance on 'the' night unnatural. Nevertheless Amély was very nervous, she had never performed for such a big crowd before. She knew she wouldn't fail but she was nervous anyway.

Venasta had just left the stage, Amély didn't really like that entry. She greeted Lydia Armstrong who passed by, and then realised that she couldn't postpone the moment anymore: she had to enter the stage. Some people from the Polkopian crew added the finishing touch to her make-up and then she walked up the stage, where other members of the crew had already placed the things she needed during the performance.

As everybody already expected, the stage was totally darkened. A faint spotlight turned on on the piano, Amély was sitting, of course, on the piano-stool, wearing this (without the denim jacket). The centre part of the stage was lifted apart from the rest of it, the piano was standing on this part. The rest of the 'stage area' was covered with smoke/dust. Amély closed her eyes, concentrated heavily, and started playing the haunting intro of the song. The intro just forced silence upon the crowd. Even the few Worsarians in the crowd stopped waving their Worsarian flags.

OOC: The translation of the Italian lyrics is put between the brackets.

Immobile, guardo in dentro di miei occhi (Stock-still, my gaze goes inward my eyes)
Mio cuore è stato abolito per un attimo (My heart has been abolished for a while)
Mie gambe immobili; mio cervello mi dà avviso (My legs motionless; my brain is warning me)
Mi farà trascinare mentre voglia fuggire (It'll carry me away while I want to run away)

There was a very short mute before the 'chorus' started. Officially the coming part was called the chorus, but it wasn't an extremely catchy chorus: it was the song as a whole that made it beautiful, not only the chorus. Other faint spotlights turned on 'below' (the place that had not lifted along with the centre of the main stage), each spotlight shined faintly on one modern ballet dancer (there were 6 in total, equally divided around Amély's 'platform'). They danced passionately, yet their choreography suited the fragile song perfectly, symbolizing the inner strugle about identity the song was about.

Penso che sia ora di (I think it's time of)
Avvicinarmi a quella meta (Getting closer to that goal)
La vita perfetta che mi aspetta (The perfect life that awaits for me)
E infine mi fare lo che avrei supposto (And finally become what I am supposed)
Di essere (To be)

Amély finished the chorus, and during the short instrumental part the spotlights on the modern ballet dancers faded away, and smoke predominated again. Amély had consciously chosen not to use the background screens: that would distract the viewers too much from the song. She wasn't planning to look up, the constant staring at her fingers would suit the performance and the mood the song had very well. The song continued as Amély started singing again.

Tento spegnere la fiamma che mi brucia (I try to extinguish the flame that burns in me)
Rimanere io stessa sia una battaglia qui (Remain as my own self would be a battle here)
Nella volontà narcotizzata, e il gioco aggressivo (In the narcotized will and the aggressive game)
È l'unico modo per trovare il successo evasivo (It's the only way to find the elusive success)

This time there was no mute and Amély immediately had to continue singing. Nevertheless, some things changed again on the stage. Faint spotlights made the modern ballet dancers visible again, this time they danced exactly like ballerinas from musical boxes (with their more modern dancing clothes instead of the tutu, of course). They were once again equally divided around Amély's platform.

Penso che sia ora di (I think it's time of)
Scegliere, scegliere una vita (Choosing, choosing a life)
Di optare per una personalità (Decide upon a personality)
E infine mi fare lo che avrei supposto (And finally become what I am supposed)
Di essere (To be)

During this instrumental part, the ballet dancers started dancing all over the place (while their 'personal spotlights' followed them), all around the stage, chaotically yet structural and in a pattern that all dancers executed, an invisible course on the stage they all followed. The dancers jumped, did beautiful things with their legs, ran, froliced. It gave the instrumental a lot of power, all the power it needed, even though the music did not become loud or extremely powerful. Amély interrupted the instrumental part by singing, yet the dancing continued. These lines were pretty much part of the outro.

Specchio, servo delle mie brame (Mirror, servant of my desires)
Sono ideale ma non felice (I'm ideal yet I'm not happy)
Credo che mi sia sbagliato (I think I've mistaken)
E tu mi annerisci e mi mini (And you blacken me and undermine me)

The end of the song was near. While the dancers continued dancing the same way as they did before, Amély sang the last three lines. In the official lyrics, these last three lines were placed between quotation marks. In the last three lines, the person the song's about puts up her facade again; she tells everybody she's alright and that she's living and enjoying life to the max, just like everyone else.

"Tranquillo, amico…" (Stay calm, my friend)
"Mi sento felice e libera…" (I feel happy and free)
"E ora vivo al massimo…" (And now I live live to its fullest)

The dancers continued dancing until the music stopped. During the last few notes, they walked back to the place they started from; close to Amély's lifted platform. The dancers were now standing in a perfect circle around it. The faint spotlights that shone on them all moved to one point; Amély's face. All light beams gathered at her face now. She closed her eyes while the crowd was cheering, and she whispered 'Grazie' in the microphone.
This is the new nation of Chenkorya

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:04 pm

30. The Big City
Melody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_QV97eYqM
Singer Claira Etemevok

The set was entirely immersive, set to recreate the ambiance of a big city, and EVERYTHING was made incredibly rich, and stunning. She stood there, and a backup chorus was hidden in the "buildings", set on the stage.

In da big city,
Where I live,
It is so grand
And great!

I see ya, walking down,
Coming on board,
I love this city,
My paradise is here!

See ya, I shall come o'er here!
Aw-ha-ha!

Breaking it,
And come o'er here,
I see ya, my sexy girl
It is in the big city,
In my name!

See ya, I love yer heart,
This big city here!
See ya, I shall live,
And it is so beautiful!
Aw-ha-haw...

(backup chorus)

(instrumental solo)

To my city, where I live,
My home belongs o'er here,
O, dudes, I like ya,
And I am so awesome!

Oh, oh, o-o-o, oh oh oh oh,
Woah, oh, o-o-o, oh oh oh oh oh ho,
Woah, ha, o-o-o, oh oh oh oh oh,
(fading out)

During that time, she "walked," as buildings were moved on rollers, giving the impression she walked, and danced during the instrumental solo. When it faded out, they all came, technicians, backup singers, and her, and bowed to the audience. She then left the stage.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Romexa
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Romexa » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 am

Romexa

[GENEЯATION]| Super Sonic

All band members
Melody: Walk the Moon - Tightrope

Greg, Mikal, Thomas, and Smithson, also known as [GENEЯATION], walked on the dark stage and readied their instruments. They were all wearing black and white casual clothes. The lights suddenly turned on around them as Smithson and Thomas began playing their guitars and Mikal played on the drums. Greg walked up to the mic as the crowd began cheering loudly. Giving them a grin he began singing the first chorus.

I see you, over there.
I see you, oh over there.
Supersonic \ Shock me like electric.
Sonic, your love is so electric.

The lights swirled around the stage as Thomas and Smithson jumped up in the air before strumming their guitars as Mikal hammered loudly on the drums. Greg pumped his fist into the air as he continued singing.

Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Your love keeps shocking me
It’s like whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
You keep me burning up.

Whoa!

Thomas moved towards the front of the stage as the lights turned on him playing the guitar while Greg did a flip before sprinting over to the other side of the stage. Pointing out into the audience.

Burning up, with this fire.
Burning up, oh with this fire.
Sonic, Your love is so electric.

The lights suddenly turned a pale white and began moving around the stage and audience in different patterns, blinking on and off, as Greg waved a hand in the air.

Your love keeps shocking me.
It’s like whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
You keep me burning up.

As he finished the chorus, Greg jumped on one of the large speakers. The lights once again moved around in various multi-colored patterns and swirled in sync with the melody. Pumping his fist into the air again Greg sung out in a lower tone as if singing to a particular person in the audience.

In my head, you’re moving closer.
I need your love, your feel, fantastic rush, your electric touch.

The lightning pass, the nights go by
I can’t escape the passion in your eyes.
Sonic, sonic like electric.

It’s like oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
You keep me burning up.

Jumping off the speakers Greg waved his hands in the air. "Alright, let's hear you sing it with us!" He called out into the audience as the lights once again blinked on in off with the beat of the drums.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh oh
It’s like oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
You keep me burning up.
Keep me turning up.

The Romexa flag suddenly appeared on the screen as the lights began to fade. Greg grinned at the loud crowd before finishing off the song.

Burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn.
Burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn.

As Mika hit the drums one last time the lights went completely black. When the song ended they faded back in as all the band members bowed to the audience. "Thank you!" Greg shouted before they walked off the stage.
Last edited by Romexa on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yes, we are a Empire based on werewolves.
The supernatural double team:
Vampirum | Vampires
Romexa |Werewolves

New Warwick
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Warwick » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:14 pm

32. New Warwick
SONG: Oh Tomorrow (Brand New Lover)
ARTIST: Cynthanie Waldon

TUNE: Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers

Cynthanie stands center stage wearing the outfit in the picture (except the umbrella). She has two backing keyboardists behind her to her left and right. A male and female background dancer are unseen as of yet. The music fades in, and as the beat begins, Cynthanie begins to move gently. A wash of light reveals the dancers crouched down, holding each other. As the beat starts, they move in an interesting mix of modern, interpretive dance and ballet.

Can you give me
Any answers
Can you tell me
Why I'm trying

I am dying
And you're not helping
You are watching
As I struggle, tongue-tied and

There's no future I can see
No, not with you

As the chorus begins, the dancers go to opposite ends of the stage. The female dancer thrashes around in an attempt to rid herself of the memories of the male dancer, whose moves evoke a sense of domination.

Oh tomorrow
I'm finding a brand new lover
No stopping me
Come tomorrow
I'm leaving you for another
No stopping me

During the next verse, the dancers fight with each other, hands locked on each other's shoulders, tumbling and shoving.

In the mornings
With your coffee
Sit there smoking
I won't be there, not tomorrow

Never clean you up again
Find your own coat

Suddenly, as this chorus begins, the dancers are lifted into the air. The female dancer lets her hair down and it flows gracefully as the dancers, now dancing in mid-air, are flown back and forth across the stage.

Oh tomorrow
No stopping me
Come tomorrow
No stopping me

Cynthanie begins to play a keyboard a few feet in front of where she had been standing as the dancers return to the ground. They dance simultaneously, next to each other, without looking at each other. The female dancer's hair whips around and, when the lights change, the dancers are illuminated from behind, giving her a powerful, frightening appearance. Cynthanie stops playing and the dancers collapse as she sings the next line.

Find yourself another toy
No one will play

The lights around the stage fade in and out as a spotlight follows Cynthanie as she is raised straight up into the air. She does some turns and rolls while singing the final double chorus.

Oh tomorrow
No stopping me
Come tomorrow
No stopping me

Oh tomorrow
No stopping me
Come tomorrow
No stopping me

She is lowered back to the ground, where she slides, rolls, and undulates, not standing until the beat drops out. At this point, the light on the stage is an eerie white backlight as the dancers are raised, limp, into the air. When the song is over, she quietly says "Thank you" into the microphone.
Last edited by New Warwick on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WV23: Underwater, by Rosaline - 18th (44p)
WV24: Nostalgia, by Annika X - 6th (77p)
WV25: Oh Tomorrow (Brand New Lover), by Cynthanie Waldon - 18th (38p)
WV26: At the Partyhouse, by Glass Grenades - 25th (38p)
WV27: Nothing In It, by Lavinia - 20th (56p)
WV28: Into the Fire, by Demelze Brook - 12th (70p)
WV29: Under the Moonlight, by Corey Barton - 4th (109p)
WV30: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 6th (80p)

WHF9: Love, by Carla Rourke - 16th (8p)
WHF10: Stay With You, by Femme Vitale - 21st (4p)
WHF11: All My Life, by Black Daisy - 9th (17p)
WHF12: Nothing Like You, by Natural - 14th (7p)
WHF13: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 3rd (36p)

New Warwick
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Warwick » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:35 pm

New Warwick's official coverage of the 25th Worldvision Song Contest brought to you by NWTV.

Commentator: Kellen Walsh

Kellen: Hi, do you come here often? Of course you do, it's the Worldvision Song Contest number 25, brought to you from Peeto, a lovely city in the heart of Polkopia, who are hosting this contest for the first time. Last year's event in Communist Quinntopia saw Mebarak and Puerto Candelaria taking home the trophy. No one should be surprised to be reminded that Puerto Candelaria is in Flegavia, a region which has produced the winners of basically every WorldVision and World Hit Festival, and often rightfully so. This year's coverage is going to be a little different in that I'll be bringing you my opinions alone. Annika couldn't be here with us this year as she is recovering from what I understand is a nasty alcohol-related injury. Don't drink and take the stairs, kids - that's why there are elevators. So I'm gunning to be New Warwick's Terry Wogan. I bet you're imagining his voice right now... As you can see from the giant clock counting down, it's not long until the hosts come out and the opening act begins. The hosts are lovely, polite, and elegantly dressed. No obnoxious flash, just simple class. It's so rare to see that in television these days. We can thank Polkopia for that, as we're broadcasting live from the city of Peeta, a bustling metropolis of nearly 13 million people, some of the friendliest you'll meet anywhere. Right, so here we are. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the lovely Anna Polatvo and Josef Incartnovo. (The loudspeaker announces the hosts.) Yeah, I've taken care of that, thanks.

[Hosts speak]

[OPENING ACT - Welcome to Polkopia! by Dancing with Spirit]

Kellen: Delightful. Now we have an interesting twist for you - the winner of last year's WorldVision is here to sing us another song. I'm a big fan of Mebarak, and if you have any taste, so are you. So enjoy.

[SECOND OPENING ACT - Journey by Mebarak]

Kellen: What a treat. I think the hosts have some more words for us before the show begins.

[HOSTS SPEAK, then when they go silent waiting for the clock to count down from 30]

Kellen: You never want to just stand there on live television, folks, you have to do something. Come on. Come on! Well, ten seconds left, they've gotta do something.

[HOSTS SPEAK]

Kellen: Yes, there we go. That's this year's theme - One With Music. Kind of charming in a quaint way. Optimistic, which is refreshing. But no matter how hopeful I get, I just cannot ever imagine myself being One With our first country. You guessed it, it's Lymantatia 2.0, otherwise known as Grandterre. They've sent a group of their finest musicians, supposedly, who call themselves AVOIR. I doubt they even know what that word means outside of Google Translate.

[01. GRANDTERRE performs]

Kellen: Well that's done. I will admit it had a catchy tune, if outdated. But the performance was so weak. Rainbow confetti and one light cue. Is this Grandterre's version of gay pride? Plus I don't think they knew what they were singing. Their pronunciation was just awful, and I don't even speak French. Okay. That's out of the way. Up next we have Kalosia, a country that usually sends respectable entries. Let's see how they've done this year.

[02. KALOSIA performs]

Kellen: Nice girl. Boring song. Musically it was fine, but the lyrics are all about how staying at home and doing nothing at all is peaches. Well, I'm inclined to disagree. You're young, go out and have fun! See the world! Maybe you don't agree with me. So if you want to vote for Zafira from Kalosia, go ahead and call 0450-6552-XX, where XX is the draw number, or text the draw number to 65521. Please note that there is no online voting this year, but televoting and voting via SMS is free to remedy that. Up next we have last year's gracious hosts, Communist Quinntopia.

[03. COMMUNIST QUINNTOPIA performs]

Kellen: An orchestra! They used an orchestra! That's...I just...they used an orchestra! This level of class hasn't been seen in quite some time at WorldVision. What a powerful entry. I could see this doing quite well. (He sighs contentedly.) Well, moving on. Next we have the Kishraeli entry, which is about dancing and is mostly in their native tongue. From Kishrael, Haorah.

[04. KISHRAEL performs]

Kellen: Fun, if a little underwhelming. How many songs about dancing will we be sitting through tonight? And how many of them will be worse than this...it makes my head spin just thinking about it. Regardless, this could do well, Kishrael is a rather well-known country in this competition. Our next entry comes from a debuting country- Kazalistan!

[05. KAZALISTAN performs]

Kellen: (Silence for a few seconds, then) Sorry, I dozed off there. No, really, that was...sweet. It was just nothing special apart from her voice, which was very strong. The song should have been stronger, but it was very standard and, frankly, kind of boring. Ended on a good note though. Oh, here we go. Our next entry comes from...I'm not even going to say the name of the nation. It's our first attempt at humor here tonight, and, ugh, I need a drink. Where's Annika when you need her. Ah well, there's a minibar in the booth here.

[06. LACTATIA performs]

Kellen: So that was bollocks. Moving on, we have VIXX.

[07. VIXX performs]

Kellen: A lovely ethnic entry. VIXX tends to send things I love or hate without much middle ground. I think this found the middle ground, as I thought it could have done with a bit more lyrical variety. I understand it's folk, but, I don't know, I wanted more. Definitely not the worst we've seen, nor the worst we will see by night's end. Up next we have a country we liked last year, so let's see if they can get some points from us this time. It's Vampirum.

[08. VAMPIRUM performs]

Kellen: Surprise appearance by Zalese! Oh, she's lovely. A pretty solid entry from Vampirum, though perhaps a bit outside of New Warwick's usual genre of choice. Who knows how it'll fare tonight, though I do hope it does well. It deserves it more than some other entries. Anyway, up next we've got another debut, and I'm not even going to try to pronounce it. I would never get it right.

[09. XUARETZ IUDATSA performs]

Kellen: I liked the folk-ish sound, and I applaud her tongue for being able to say all those words. Once again, though, a bit slow and a bit outside New Warwick's norm. Perhaps the norm is changing, though. I don't know. We have one more entry before we go to commercial, and it's coming from the Paradystopi Lymryk Isles.

[10. THE PARADYSTOPI LYMRYK ISLES performs]

Kellen: I've got to give them a lot of points for originality. Catchy music and a seal and some sort of nonsense language. This could be the best of the joke entries tonight. Er, if it is a joke. I may have just committed a faux-pas. We'll find out when we return from these commercial messages.
WV23: Underwater, by Rosaline - 18th (44p)
WV24: Nostalgia, by Annika X - 6th (77p)
WV25: Oh Tomorrow (Brand New Lover), by Cynthanie Waldon - 18th (38p)
WV26: At the Partyhouse, by Glass Grenades - 25th (38p)
WV27: Nothing In It, by Lavinia - 20th (56p)
WV28: Into the Fire, by Demelze Brook - 12th (70p)
WV29: Under the Moonlight, by Corey Barton - 4th (109p)
WV30: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 6th (80p)

WHF9: Love, by Carla Rourke - 16th (8p)
WHF10: Stay With You, by Femme Vitale - 21st (4p)
WHF11: All My Life, by Black Daisy - 9th (17p)
WHF12: Nothing Like You, by Natural - 14th (7p)
WHF13: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 3rd (36p)

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:56 pm

KINGFORDIAN COMMENTARY
COMMENTATORS:
NATALIA MOLOROVSKAYA
NADEZHDA VARISSIAN

Natalia Molorovskaya: Welcome back to WorldVision Song Contest live from Polkopia! Now we're going to hear the entry from Carloso who were disqualified earlier tonight but given the chance to perform a new song. It seems they performed the wrong version before so give it up for the actual entry of Carloso!

CARLOSO ENTRY
Natalia: I liked it. It is quite catchy, slightly annoying at some bits and I can't really say whether it is going to succeed or not but I like it
Nadezhda: Certainly good for a debut, so well done to them for that
Natalia: If you want to vote for Carloso add number 24 to the number on your screen

CALIMERA ENTRY
Natalia: Quite a disappointing entry from a country that usually offers great songs but not this year
Nadezhda: It was alright, but knowing what they usually send it is very disappointing.
Natalia: To vote for this entry add 26

ALAMBIYA ENTRY
Nadezhda: Well that is somethiing different but I'm not sure if it will be well recieved
Natalia: It isn't my thing, but some people may like it but I don't hold high hopes for this entry
Nadezhda: To vote for Alambiya add 27

VENASTA ENTRY:
Natalia: Fantastic entry from Venasta! And it was well recieved in the arena too
Nadezhda: I liked it and I think it'll do well. It's catchy and fun too.
Natalia: The performance was amazing, the fire, the lights, a nice upbeat song that is fun to listen to
Nadezhda: To vote for Venasta add 28

WORSZARY ENTRY
Natalia: Nice song from Worszary, formally known as Chenkorya
Nadezhda: Lovely song from them. I liked it, Beautiful performance, Simple but suitable to the song itself and I think it'll do well
Natalia: to vote for Worszary add 29

LUZICYA ENTRY
Nadezhda: I thought they were withdrawing?
Natalia: Obviously not. Well good to have them in again but it wasn't the best song we've seen tonight
Nadezhda: I love it, but I don't think it's a winner
Natalia: to vote for Luzicya add 30

ROMEXA ENTRY
Nadezhda: Nice entry, Lively performance and is really good
Natalia: Great lyrics, a strong song. It has much potential and I think it'll end up on the top half of the scoreboard. Good luck to them!
Nadezhda: To vote for this song add 31

NEW WARWICK ENTRY
Natalia: Wow! Wonderful song. I like it. Good luck to them
Nadezhda: Wonderful entry! I really think this could be in the top 10
Natalia: Emotional, powerful.... I think they will do well too.
Nadezhda: To vote for New Warwick add 32

Natalia: We'll be back after the break!
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:50 pm

TOPtv Coverage of Worldvision 25- Part 2

CL:So, Desmond, only a few songs left after the break, who's your favorite so far?

DW: Romexa and Worszary by a mile.

CL: I liked the Depeche Mode-tribute from Kingsley Bedford, and the host country had a great entry, better than last year's hosts.

DW: Now, how do you think Dziyesti will do?

CL: Not topping Lauren. Not a chance. The song is catchy, the performance was over-the-top and almost cheesy. Dissapointed.

DW: Agreed. But with BGBC doing an internal selection, for the LC split is ongoing when the next contest will occur, I hope they do something not only better in song quality, but a much deeper and powerful song like last edition. This time around, we could end up mid-table if VIXX and Hagasvyo still give us points, along with some of our friends. But international appeal could go more towards "the ones with the giant pants" instead of "the one song that made me cry" type of stuff.

CL: Woah. Well said! For the first time, we have all the competing countries on your screen. The number of televotes will be shown, with a green bar on a horizontal scale, with the farthest being the most voted for, until 1 minute before voting closes. The 50% televote- 50% jury system is still in effect, so the televote winner may not get our 12 points. The lines just opened, and Kalosia has taken the early lead, with VIXX close behind.

DW: So, while we watch the televotes add up, who do you think will win?

CL: This contest is very unpredictable, unlike last year, with so many quality entries and strong performances. But I think a ballad or indie-type song will win. The sadder songs this time are the strongest ones.

DW: I actually have no damn clue. We all figured Christarnea or RKQ would be on top by the last song, but this year, who knows? But the joke entries (the sexual ones, yes you Dziyesti to an extent!) are definetly bottom to mid-table. They're more disturbing than funny!

CL: Agreed. James from Shekta asked: "What does a perfect WV entry in your mind have to have?"

DW: Well, it is a song contest, so the tune and lyrics have to fit and mean something. The voice of the singer(s) is also important. But it can be a great song, a radio hit, but it all has to come together on stage. There have been excellent songs that have bombed on the night due to poor staging. Make it effective, get your point across, and make it memorable.

CL: Well, that's all we have for now. Here's the last few songs, the interval (I hope!) and we're gonna be back when voting commences. I'm gonna go drink some cherry kool-aid, see ya!

DW: You sure that's cherry? Kool-aid? Are you sURE YOU'RE SURE?

CL: Don't. Byeeeee!
Last edited by Bloodbath Generation on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:36 am

Costa Fieran Coverage of WSC 25 on Canal Uno:

Antonio: Hello and welcome back to live coverage of the 25th edition of the WorldVision song contest live from Peeto in Polkopia. And we haven't really seen anything worthy of the title tonight have we Diana?
Diana: No, not yet. But it's still early days yet. There are still plenty of countries left that could have the potential to be crowned “the best”.
Antonio: Well, I'd very much doubt that. We still haven't seen the likes of Yakostan yet so time will tell whether or not the quality will get better. I'm expecting it won't.
Diana: So who is next?
Antonio: Some country.

Lactatia: Lactation Sensation
Antonio: What the actual fuck was that?
Diana: My eyes have been soiled and violated in the most unholy manner.
Antonio: Is it bad to say I'm slightly turned on by this?
Diana: That's disgusting Antonio.
Antonio: Clearly you haven't seen what I get up to in my hotub after some tender-loving tequila.
Diana: Let's move on. No one dare vote for this. If you do, I will hunt you down and crucify your dog.

Vixx: Frog Dance
Diana: You were right Antonio. It's getting a whole lot worse.
Antonio: Finally. Want some more vodka?
Diana: Please. All this bad music is giving me a headache.
Antonio: As we will probably keep saying for the rest of this show, or until enternity...
Diana: Whichever comes first.
Antonio: …don't vote for this. Please. Do humanity a favour and send these idiots packing.
Diana: Up next we have Vampirum.

Vampirum: Shadow
Antonio: You're bound to like this one Diana. It's got that slow piano tune with a singer who has a nice voice and makes women the world over wet themselves...
Diana: And yet, I don't for some reason. Maybe it's all the crappy songs we've seen so far tonight but I really haven't seen anything outstanding so far. Maybe it's just being being.....oh I don't know. What do you think?
Antonio: Me? Haven't a God damn clue. I mean, the tune's nice and all but the lyrics aren't something to write home about.
Diana: What the hell is wrong with you? Does alcohol make you more articulate and less of a prick all of a sudden.
Antonio: I knew I'd grow on you some day.
Diana: Damn. I was hoping that was the case. Oh well, back to the show.
Antonio: Everyone at home knows what to do. Call the number on the screen send us a text or visit us online. You'll figure out how it works. Who's next?
Diana: Gibberish.

Iudatsa: Xavillobis
Antonio: You know what I miss most of all?
Diana: Let me guess. Hot women? Decent alcohol?
Antonio: Decent songs. Honestly, this contest must be the worst yet for songs that are shit. And that's saying something, seeing as we had some guy and his sheep on before and.....well, that's the only one that springs to mind. I mean, we can excuse Lymanatia and all those other horrible countries that seem to vote for them because their songs are shit purely because they don't know any better and it's therefore our duty to laugh at them because they provide us with entertainment. But not that crazy naked chick, not a song about frogs and none of these terrible songs about adversity with horrible music, uninspiring lyrics and singing that sounds like someone dragging their fingernails down the eternal blackboard of shittyness.
Diana: So...you don't like it then?
Antonio: Not really. It's not bad but it isn't something anyone blessed with the gift of hearing would vote for.
Diana: OK then. Up next is.......oh for God's sake. Doesn't anyone in this contest come from a country whose name is pronouncable?

The Paradystopi Lymryk Isles : Eæ śośē he
Diana: Awww how cute, it's a dancing otter! Wait a minute.
Antonio: Christ almighty. I thought this show couldn't get any worse. Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in 35 years, I am proven wrong. Why is there an otter on this stage? BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE ARE AS THICK AS HORSESHIT!!!
Diana: Calm down. It will get better.
Antonio: No it won't. This shit will get replaced by more shit which will in turn be replaced with more shit and then we'll have to choose which shit is best. WHY AM I STILL HERE? WHY CAN'T I LEAVE AND GO BACK TO A COUNTRY THAT HAS A SENSE OF RHYTHM???? Because someone has to earn money talking about songs from people who don't deserve to be called musicians.
Diana: So...voting...
Antonio: No. One. Vote. For. This.
Diana: We're going to take a break for now whilst Antonio tries to prevent himself from beating an otter to death with an empty vodka bottle.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Saviera
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Saviera » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:39 am

33. Saviera
Mimosa Pudica ft Yakostani Philharmonic Orchestra - Symphony
Original Tune is Taylor Swift - 22

There is a giant round platform with everyone on it and at the same time the song starts and the stage spins
Mimosa Pudica is conducting while singing

I like the percussion sounds
When it beats a heartbeat
The boom boom thumping of drums
Oh oh

And then there's the sound of strings
Cellos and some violins
Together in harmony
Oh oh

Yeah
When I'm happy, sad, confused, or maybe lonely
The melody, I listen, oh yeah
While I'm leading this large band of instrumentals
Right now

Oh oh
I don't know about you
But I like this symphony
Everything does sound alright
If I keep conducting now
You don't know how it's hard
To lead all these people
But I'm surely fine, okay
If you just can sit down it's a
Symphony
Symphony

Then there is the brass band section
This job is to blow air
Into metal pipes
Oh Oh

Let's take a moment to realize
It is so crowded
All these cool people
They play instruments

Yeah
When I'm happy, sad, confused, or maybe lonely
The melody, I listen, oh yeah
While I'm leading this large band of instrumentals
Right now

Oh oh
I don't know about you
But I like this symphony
If I keep conducting now
To lead all these people
Symphony
Symphony
I don't know about you
Symphony
Symphony

Giant balls were released and rolled towards the audience and they were made of rubber

Shit I forgot the piano
Press black and white notes
It is the penisissimo
Pianissisimo
Sorry for that big mistake
I just want to say
I love symphonies
I love symphonies

Oh oh yeah

I don't know about you
But I like this symphony
If I keep conducting now
To lead all these people
Symphony
Symphony
Symphony
Symphony

I'll hold the conductor's baton
And wave it up, down
And wave it left, right
I just want to say
I love symphonies
I love symphonies

The Platform stopped spinning and Mimosa Pudica said: Thank You Polkopia and God Bless Saviera!!! and Everyone took a bow together and then left

No One was Hurt in the Performing of This Song
Last edited by Saviera on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:52 pm

33. Costa Fiero
Los Reyes: La Lucha del Llanero (The Fight of the Cowboy)
Tune

Bold indicates where the group sings altogether.

The group called "Los Reyes" (The Kings in Spanish) stands as a group on the centre of the stage with their instruments. The lead vocal signer, Alejandro, stands at the front of the stage with his electric guitar. Behind him to his left and right are the two base player brothers, Luis and Manuel. Off to Alejandro's right but towards the front of the bass players is Antonio, the other lead guitarist. Directly behind Alejandro is Paulo on the drums. To his left is Sergio and German on a selection of bongo drums and in front of them but to Alejandro's left at the same level as the other lead guitarist is Pauli, an Italian born musician who plays the accordion. Opposite him on the other side of the drummers is Jose, the keyboardist. All of them are wearing casual suits and white sneakers. Flanking all of them are a selection of trumpet players all wearing black and white tuxedos with red roses in their pockets.

The song they are about to play is a modernised folk song called a bandolero, in the honour of frontiersmen and rebels who fought for the country's independence and taken from the bandoliers that they wore that held ammunition. The genre came about to honour heroes of the war of independence but since expanded to contain songs not only depicting heroes but villains also, as well as songs about love and places in the country as well as battles and songs about patriotism. These songs were used to tell tales of the exploits of men and women, both good and bad to those who perhaps could not read but were later used merely as a form of entertainment. This song in particular is about a cowboy and his final glorious stand, a folk hero who stood his ground against the traitors that surrounded him...

The song begins with the drummers tapping out a beat. The lights flash on and off until the rest of the instruments start playing in which they remain on, but only dull. The screen behind begins flashing red, black and white geometric patterns as Alejandro begins to sing the first verse:

Y junto con el sol, ya se levanta hoy
Es el llanero que sabe que se acerca el final de los tiempos
Y justo al mirar, la aurora viene ya
Las herraduras de caballos se pueden escuchar a lo lejos
Oh oh

Con revólver en mano
Y el paso veloz, como un rayo
Están los traidores en mira
Pronto se dispararán todas las balas de la justicia

For the chorus, all the members of the band take a step forward to their microphones and sing. The lights flash to bright, illuminating the band.

¡Que suene! ¡Que ahora suene!
El paso retumbante, del caminante
Allí viene el llanero, quien es el dueño
De la lucha y lo grande

The lights return to their dull setting. However, a single spotlight remains on Alejandro. For the second part of the verse, the band steps forward to their microphones again.

Para traidores, destierro
Para otros, el cementerio
Nace un país de los sueños
De las gracias del esfuerzo

Para nosotros, la fuerza
Arriba la resistencia
Abajo con los traidores
Que la gloria es de estos hombres

The lights flash on as they group sings the chorus, remaining on for the rest of the song.

¡Venga! ¡Que ahora suenen!
Las balas de la gloria, cuna de historia
Así llegó la derrota, pero en memoria
Quedarán todos los grandes

Then everyone begins jiving around the stage whilst they play their instruments. Pauli steps to the front of the stage for his accordion solo, something which he as looked forward to for many weeks. Everyone then sings the final chorus.

¡Que suene! ¡Que ahora suene!
El paso retumbante, del caminante
Allí viene el llanero, quien es el dueño
De la lucha y lo grande

And together with the sun, he's already rising today.
It's the cowboy that knows that the end of times is nearing.
And just as he looks by, the dawn is coming now.
The horseshoes can be heard in the distance.
Oh oh

With a gun at hand,
And his steps as fast as a lightning,
The traitors are targeted.
Soon, all the bullets of justice will be fired.

Let it sound! Let it sound now!
The rumbling step, of the one who walks.
There comes the cowboy, who is the master,
Of the fight and greatness.

There is coming the death.
There's no air, courage, nor luck.
The defeat is for the peoples.
But out of themselves, victory will soon take flight.

For the traitors, exile.
For others, the cemetery.
A country is born from the dreams.
And from the graces of the effort.

For us, the strength.
Long live the resistance.
Down with those who betrayed us.
That the glory is meant for these men.

Come on! Let it sound now!
The bullets of glory, cradle of history.
That's how defeat came, but in the memory,
All the great ones will remain.

{Instrumental Interval}

Let it sound! Let it sound now!
The rumbling step, of the one who walks.
There comes the cowboy, who is the master,
Of the fight and greatness

BIG THANKS TO EUSKI FOR ANOTHER ONE OF HIS MASTERPIECES!
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.

Serzchepha
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Serzchepha » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:15 pm

35. SERZCHEPHA
"Ghë traëon Ökanö"-- Marëna Alisotou

Melody: Βέρα Μπούφη - Σε θέλω δίπλα μου
Language: Sergovard (Serjipuhë) (Pronunciation)

Marëna is already on stage when the music begins, she is wearing a short turquoise dress. The stage/screen behind here is completely dark. A blue light shines on her as the music begins to play.

Tëlo sërë velopjeut sao ghëo
Ghëo cavjeut ako jë Elino
Sërë laumhjeut ghëo apeu do
Ghëo nomisjeut xoxinalo kaxino

Ala aligh pamjeut apeu do
Sërë herjeut kinjënë apeu ghëo

Ghë traëon Ökanö
Mesa Nepa ëäghtö, mekrë sëro arinoet
Ghë traëon Talasë
Mahte gajënë sëra Zeghë

Tä, tä, tä ghë traëon Ökanö
Tä, tä, tä mesa Nepa ëäghtö
Tä, tä, tä mahte arinjënë
Tä, tä, tä sëra Zoghë

As the music begins to get louder, the stage is lit up by multiple lights in various shades of light and dark blue. Images of waves and the sea appear on the screen behind Marëna, both actual photographs as well as famous paintings.

Ghëon imenëon ega Mëra
Ghë omo mebroet Sati
Eje ghë agizëon Lalo sëra
Si, ghë pamëon vivë afti

Ghëa Xara din pamëon elkri
Si, mavu nojë som Meha, etsi

Ghë traëon Ökanö
Ghë traëon Talasë
Mahte gajënë sëra Zeghë

Tä, tä, tä sëra Zoghë

Katë Inixi läs sëro
Ellioet anë ghekantë
Mekrë ghë velopoet sëro
Ghë nomisoet ghë ellioet lëtë

Marëna nods her head down looking despondent. The screen has pictures of a gathering storm out in the middle of a calm sea. It quickly changes images to waves crashing onto a shore during a large storm.

Tä, tä, tä....tä, tä, tä

She suddenly jerks her head upwards and stares out into the audience, as if talking to them. The storm clouds and the heavy seas on screen slowly begin to die down.

[i]Ghë traëon Ökanö
Ghë traëon Talasë
Mahte gajënë sëra Zeghë

Tä, tä, tä sëra Zoghë

She repeats the refrain one more time as the music fades away. The final image is some small waves gently flowing onto a beautiful beach in bright sunlight.

Tä, tä, tä sëra Zoghë

Tä, tä, tä, tä, tä...

"Gharistë, Peeto! Thank you, Peeto!" she says as she walks off the stage.

The way you looked at me
Called me above to the moon
you sang me from here
I thought things (were) golden

but then you went from here
you had to move from me

I'll cross an ocean
Through the water itself
Until I see you
I'll cross a sea
just to hold your hand

Yes, yes, yes, I'll cross an ocean
Yes, yes, yes, through the water itself
Yes, yes, yes, just to see
Yes, yes, yes, your face

We'll meet up one day
I still have hope
That I will touch your lips
So, I'll go forth there

My joy will not go away
So with this in mind therefore:

I'll cross an ocean
Through the water itself
Until I see you
I'll cross a sea
just to hold your hand

Yes, yes, yes, your face

Every second without you
Is if forever
Until I look at you
I think I am lost

yes, yes,yes....yes, yes, yes

I'll cross an ocean
Through the water itself
Until I see you
I'll cross a sea
just to hold your hand

Yes, yes, yes, your face

Yes, yes, yes, your face

yes 5x
Last edited by Serzchepha on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jemësë Republikä uj Serjixegha
Federal Republic of Serzchepha

/sɜrʒːtʃɛːfə/

Absonthorpe
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Absonthorpe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:49 pm

36. Absonthorpe
Naomi Schultz- Debut
The stage is lit up with Naomi in the centre wearing a yellow dress. The screen starts illustrating the lyrics, while she sings.

Here goes nothing
I’ll give you something
Gonna hit you real hard
Gonna leave the glass in shards

The screen has the visual effect of glass breaking.

I’m gonna give you
A debut
A debut

You’re not satisfied?
Alright, let’s give this a try!

She continues, while the screen has blue swirls.

Rockin’ the house enough to shake it
Rockin’ the house enough to break it
From a debut, you may not expect anything
But we’re gonna give you something
Gonna really capture the crowd's attention
Gonna really get those kids outta detention

Then she starts dancing left to right, while clapping hands.

‘Cos who would wanna miss
A debut
A debut
A debut
It’s just the debut, I'm gonna give you more

Still not happy?
Let’s try again, and please don’t call me crappy!

The melody turns into rap. Naomi gets a baseball cap and a ''bling'' (necklace).

Rapping until I can hardly speak normal anymore
Rapping until I can hardly sing normal anymore
Gonna get my bling
Gonna possess some swag

She takes off her cap and bling, and throws the cap to the audience, while the bling backstage. The melody becomes pop again.

But who cares, it’s just a debut
Debut
Debut
Debut
Debut

Naomi stands right in front of the audience and gestures.

Still not loving my debut?
Come on!

She goes to the centre of the stage again, dancing.

Turn up the volume to maximum
Turn down the boredom to minimum
Let’s pop the building until we’re sick!
The synthesizers should do their trick!

After all, it’s a debut!
It’s a debut
It’s a debut
It’s a debut

The music stopped and she sang.

Did I really give you something?
‘Cos the room really got a ring!

The audience applauded. She thanked them and walked off.
Puppet of
Demonym: Absonthorpeans

WorldVision Committee
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby WorldVision Committee » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:48 pm

The deadline has passed, you can not post your songs anymore. I think Polkopia would prefer if he could open the voting with an IC post or at least a tag, so don't start posting your votes yet.
WorldVision Song Contest Committee
"Uniting the Multiverse through Music"

Run by Carrelie, Elejamie, Malta Comino Gozo, South Batoko, and Ugunnustan

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Kingfordian Commentary

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:51 pm

KINGFORDIAN COMMENTARY
COMMENTATORS:
NATALIA MOLOROVSKAYA
NADEZHDA VARISSIAN

Nadezhda: Welcome back to the WorldVision Song Contest... .and now for the next song.

SAVIERA ENTRY
Natalia: Not bad, I don't mind this song. But the pink hair.... does she live in some candy coated world because she looks like a big stick of cotton candy with that hair. Not a good look.
Nadezhda: *laughs* I liked the song and I loved her hair
Natalia: You would, she looks like she could be your sister
*makes a face*
Nadezhda: To vote for Saviera add 33 to the number on your screen

COSTA FIERO ENTRY
Natalia: I like this, it is their usual latin song. I like it a lot.
Nadezhda: The song is about rebels fighting for independence, which is a very patriotic thing to sing about and I think it's a nice song that will end up doing alright, but not a winner. But It's a great entry
Natalia: To vote for Costa Fiero add 34

SERZCHEPHA ENTRY
Nadezhda: I like this, upbeat, fun and Oceanic?
Natalia: It's okay, but not their best effort
Nadezhda: To vote for Serzchepha add 35

ABSONTHORPE ENTRY
Natalia: What is probably the last entry of the night came from Absonthorpe
Nadezhda: The lyrics were pretty repetitive and unoriginal and no melody either
Natalia: Not an impressive debut, I predict bottom half of the scoreboard for this one.
Nadezhda: To vote for Absonthorpe add 36

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:37 pm

After the last performer had left the stage, the two hosts, Josef and Anna, took the stage again. The logo of Worldvision 25 lit up the background screen and the lights seemed to mimic it, turning various hues of orange, purple, and pink with each passing second. The audience were now nearly completely silent as the hosts began to speak.

Josef: "Wow, we've seen some amazing songs this far, haven't we?"
Anna: "Yes, certainly. Do you have any favorites?"
Josef: "Yes, I do, but I'm not allowed to say until the show is over. Until then, we now enter the next stage of Worldvision; the voting."
Anna: "Ohh, yes, this part for me is the most exciting part. Each of the 36 participating countries will get to vote, numbering their top ten votes from their country. The lowest seven will be in numerical order, one being the lowest. After that, they award eight points, ten points, and finally, as we say in Polkopia, the dven poinke, or twelve points, to their favorite act!"
Josef: "Each nation has already phoned in, and our staff is busy tallying up the votes at this moment."
Anna: "Yes, the voting has completed, and now it is time to announce the votes. Are you ready?"
*The crowd cheers*
Anna: "I said.... ARE YOU READY?"
*The crowd now produces a deafening roar, and Anna covers her ears*
Josef: "Bozhe Moy, Peeto, you sure know how to make noise. Now, without further ado, we present Viktor Krupp, the presenter of the Polkopian votes."

Viktor Krupp, the presenter of the Polkopian votes

Victor: Good evening Peeto! We've had a great show tonight, haven't we? I'd like to thank our hosts for providing us with an excellent show, and of course, I'd like to thank the performers and acts that provided us with beautiful music... in most cases. Anyway, enough of that. I'd like to present the Polkopian votes.

1 point: Costa Alegria!
2 points: Calimera!
3 points: Zwangzug!
4 points: Fusha Me-Bar!
5 points: Crolacia!
6 points: Saviera!
7 points: Kishrael!

And now, for the big points!

8 Points go to... Venasta!
10 Points go to... XuAretz Iudatsa!
Finally... 12 points go to... Serzchepha! Congrats!
Last edited by Polkopia on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:02 pm

redacted
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fusha Me-Bar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fusha Me-Bar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Luljeta Xhekira - Fusha Me-Barian Representative at WV 23

"Hello Peeto! Saresuo is calling! Boy, we've went through a lot of changes recently, a new language, and new capital, a new government... But we're still here! Thank you for the wonderful show, and Iskra: Ona Zenta! Voi mereota zato! Now, here are our first points, from 1 to 7."

1 point: Zavlia
2 points: New Warwick
3 points: Costa Alegria
4 points: Kalosia
5 points: Vampirium
6 points: Lactatia
7 points: Venasta

"Now! Our big points!

8 points go to... Epokgaria! Polkopia!

10 points go to... Kisrelek! Kishrael!

And, the big 12 points, go, to.... Serzifako! Serzchepha!

Thank you and goodnight!"

Grandterre
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandterre » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:57 pm

GRANDTERRE VOTING
1960s singer Guillaume LaGuardia
Calling from Orleans to Peeto is 1960s singer Guillaume LaGuardia. I will be announcing Grandterre's votes.

One point goes to Polkopia
Two points go to Kishrael
Three points go to Serzchepha
Four points go to Venasta
Five points go to Costa Fiero
Six points go to XuAretz Iudatsa
Seven points go to New Warwick
Eight points go to Zwangzug
Ten points go to Worszary
Twelve points go to The Paradystopi Lymryk Isles

Bonne nuit!
In Grandterre, today is 7/1/2008. Last updated in 9/23/2013.
Sports Encyclopedia - Factbook
Di Bradini Cup 26 Quarterfinals - Under-15 World Championships Quarterfinals

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Costa Fiero Votes

Diana: Hello Peeto! This is Vittoria calling! I know you're excited to hear what we have chosen so here are the results of the Costa Fieran vote:

One Point to Saviera.
Two Points to Kishrael.
Three Points to Carloso.
Four Points to Zwanzug.
Five Points to Rustonia.
Six Points to Polkopia.
Seven Points to Serzchepa.
Eight Points to Worszary.
Ten Points to Crolacia.
Twelve Points to Calimera.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:04 pm

1. New Warwick
2. Alambiya
3. Kalosia
4. Polkopia
5. Saviera
6. Absonthorpe
7. Fae Omega
8. Serzchepha
10. Costa Fiero
12. The Nuclear Fist (Rustonia)
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Josef: "So far, six countries have voted. Let's take a look at the scoreboard shall we?"
Anna: "Remember, there are thirty nations left to vote, so even if your nation isn't first right now, there is still a high chance that your nation may end up at the top!"

Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:23 pm

12 for Communist Qunntopia
10 for Rustonia
8 for Romexa
7 for Eireann Fae
6 for Annolasia
5 for VIXX
4 for Kazalistan
3 for Fae Omega
2 for Crolacia
1 for Serzchepha
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Kingfordian Voting

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:29 pm

KINGFORDIAN VOTING

1 Point- Syrche
2 points- Fusha-Me-Bar
3 points- Kishrael
4 points- New Warwick
5 points- Lactatia
6 points- Venasta
7 points- Bloodbath Generation
8 points- Crolacia
10 points- Communist Quinntopia
12 points- POLKOPIA!!!!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates