NATION

PASSWORD

1st Alpen View Brew Festival (CLOSED. Success! Thanks!)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 am

Vechirek brought their instruments on stage to join AVC. With bagpipe, accordion, electric violin & hurdy-gurdy, the pitch and tone were unfamiliar to the crowd, the instruments unfamiliar, but the slow tune was familiar as Darius Volchak switched from his party voice to a sad tenor: "If I leave here tomorrow..."
Smertolina is a landlocked, mountainous, forested, Slavic-Germanic nation. It is ruled by a mostly-benevolent fascist monarch (my old "City of Villains" supervillain) and does not represent my real-world views.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:17 am

Slowly, the members of Alpen Volken Circle joined in, one by one, subtly blending in with Vechirek to layer the music, but not overpower them. Helena just swayed back and forth, letting Darius Volchak do the singing until she would join in on the chorus.

The crowd at the stage were entranced. Most of them were there to see both bands as they both used traditional folk instruments, but had modern twists on their music. Even before word of their playing dates at the festival, Vechirek had developed a strong following in Neu Engollon. Almost as many Neu Engollonians waited in the crowd to see the Smertolinan band as had eagerly awaited AVC. This was a completely rare treat.
A good lot of others had heard of neither, but were entertained enough to take a break from their tent hopping to gravitate to the AB Main Stage.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

2nd Day Judging

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 am

The Judging has been completed for the next set of categories. Congratulations to the winners and runner-ups!

Pilsners/Lights:

1 Shadow Valley Pilsner (Iron Eagle) 15.175
2 Chateaux (Burgunden) 14.025

Ambers/Reds/Ryes:

1 Rouge Rye Ale (Burgunden) 16.025
2 Blood of the Invader Red (Iron Eagle) 15.425
3 Keefes Red Sky Ale (Keefe's) 15.350
4 Omholts Amber Ale (Omholt's) 14.125

Saisons/Farm Ales:

1 Verruckten Baren (Kruetnisch) 16.275
2 Ferme Terre Saison (Burgunden) 14.325
3 Cooper St Blonde Monastic (Cooper Street) 13.950
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Hoppy laughed out loud. "Ah, ya, house. House boy! You are House Boy!"

The girl shoved him, "Dammit Hoppy, get on."
She turned back to Alp,
"Sorry, yes, my name is Mercinda, sir...And I thank you very much. I will get that order for you. Where is your father, so we can bring him his beer?" She grabbed the 50 Helveti note happily.

"Near the entrance, he is the skinny man with the large beard, he is wearing a suit and tie and he has a thick accent too."
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Mercinda smiled at Alp, "OK, schwatkaro, we'll get it to him." She waved over a runner, tucked a couple Helveti in his shirt pocket and pointed at the elder Skletein, standing a few feet off. The line continued to build at the BB tent and several of the others.

The day wore on and folks got a little silly and a lot fun. A rowdy group at the Smertolinan Ministry of Culture tent had found some kind of interactive tutorial on Smertolinan folk songs. Not knowing the language, they attempted to sing along, loudly, at the top of their lungs, with no talent, but lots of drunken bravado. A couple Uli-Schwyz security slowly filtered their way to the tent, in case something happened between the Neu Engollonians and Smertolinan staffers, but all seemed in good spirits.

The AVC set was over and it was time for Vechirek to take the stage. A little DJ warm up was happening to prep the crowd. He turned it up slightly louder to drown out the revelers at the Smertolinan Tourism tent. Some of the Pavilion Box VIPs that were not so safety or security conscious hung over the top rails and waved down at the crowd, sometimes throwing down little promo trinkets. Most of them were Neu Engollonian local celebrities and politicians.

The Festival was just getting ready to wind up on its first day. Most of the foreign brewers hadn't been too active in venturing out of their tents yet, that may change as the Fest went on. The stage and promoter crews went in search of Hopscotch Twista to get him prepped and ready, and possibly out of trouble.
My Factbook

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Vechirek loudly greeted the crowd, then discordantly began to join in with the Smertolinan folk song being sung badly by the revelers at the Culture & Tourism tent, before busting up laughing and shifting into a popular surf guitar tune. They then played their version of a symphonic Hungarian dance, which after several minutes morphed into the theme from "Mortal Kombat." Their set alternated between medieval dances and worldmusic, and pop and classic rock songs, Darius showing off several different vocal styles and occasionally switching out his electric guitar for an electric oud. The girls added belly-dancing moves during the musical pieces that fit

---------------------------

While Baron Smertsky and the reps from Iron Eagle Beverage and the Smertolina Dairy Farmer’s Association explored the other nations' tents and their offerings, Princess Martina and Archbishop Orlock moved onto the pavilion, Martina greeting and socializing with the other VIPs and celebrities. She shouted encouragement at Vechirek, and yelled, "Annika, show us your busens again!"
Annika grinned and shouted, "You show me yours!"
Smertolina is a landlocked, mountainous, forested, Slavic-Germanic nation. It is ruled by a mostly-benevolent fascist monarch (my old "City of Villains" supervillain) and does not represent my real-world views.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 am

The crowd loved the Vechirek set, dancing along to the grooves. The promise of boobs perked up the ears of more than a few young male concert goers within hearing of the exchange between Martina and Annika.

The Kruetnisch Medical Station had a few festival attendees that had overdone it and needed some water or fluid replacement. A couple of Fest goers had drew blood in their merriment. One had knocked themselves silly tripping into a tent pole and the other one, a young man hailing from GHawkins, had just plain fallen down and split open his forehead. After a good round of most of the tents, he felt no pain.

The evening was close to the end and Hopscotch Twista was due on stage soon.

I will delay the 3rd Day Judging post as I still want to see if we can get more participation and IC time at the Festival is still sort of at the first day. I do want to progress onward by tonight, though. Please, anyone else reading this, feel free to join in IC. You can skip the part about arriving in country and buying tickets, or, if you really want to, you can RP that as well.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 pm

The crowd loved the performances and went nuts for Hopscotch Twista from Shadowbourne. Security had a bit of a difficult time ushering out the last of the stragglers as they closed the grounds for the evening. They would begin letting people back in at 11 the next morning.

More music, more beer and more fun. There was also anticipation for the next bout of judging and who would take the top prizes. The really heated categories such as Stouts, Pale Ales and Lagers were yet to be judged and the number of breweries competing for the top medals in those categories made them the most talked about among the more beer industry savvy of the Festival goers.

Taxis and Green hotel shuttle buses sped off with their passengers, while the police kept the rest of the people out of the streets and funneled them to the train stations or public buses. Some didn't have far to walk as the Hayden and Rock House were fairly nearby and an easy walk, even in the slightly chilly weather.
My Factbook

Resource Extraction Solutions Inc
Attaché

Founded: Dec 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Resource Extraction Solutions Inc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:44 am

Neu Engollon International Airport
20:30

William teller was late, again. A "small" complication at A-reactor in plant 132 created a truly massive PR scandal. Cleaning up the mess caused by the meltdown was hell, as environmentalists rallied blocking paths to the dump sites.

But that was yesterday, today was not a day to worry about some hippie environmentalists and their loudspeakers, today was a day to enjoy life.

"This is flight 1234, permission to land at Neu Engollon International?"

"Permission granted"

The cabin was soon filled with a deafening roar as the engines began firing in reverse. The pilot quickly checked the engine temperature and than pitched the nose of the airplane up, away from the ground. A sudden jolt was felt throughout the cabin, they were experiencing turbulence, the pilot, now more than slightly nervous started extending the landing gear.

A screeching sound was heard throughout the airport as the plane hit the tarmac, soon after that the wheels started smoking. The landing was less than optimal, at least the plane survived without any damage.

Soon William Teller left the airplane and headed for his destination, the Alpen Beer Festival.

Alpen Beer Festival
21:45

The Alpen Beer festival was just what he had imagined-a large congregation of brewers and their patrons. The Burgenden stand seemed like a good place to start, after all it had won a first place prize for one of it's ales. The list of beverages to order was long, but the festival was long too, it was only a matter of time to find out which would run out first.

Byrones
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Byrones » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 am

In the meantime...

Jacob Krendförze woke up behind his tent with a massive hangover. After a long night of celebrating the good score of the Verruckten Bären Saison Ale that he still had a big job to do!
After recalling the night the best he could do, He went to appologize to the Iron Eagle Beverage Company of Smertolina for his behaviour and to pay all the glass he broke during the performance of the Local Band on the Main stage.

After that done he was thinking about the contest he'd set up for his tent during the festival. 'How can I promote it even more...?' He thought by himself when passing by the tent of Burgunden Breuerie.. "Maybe I'll get some inspiration drinking a good beer here..".

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Kicking off the next day

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:23 am

The second day of the festivities kicked off with little fanfare and much hangover weariness. More than a few had overdone it. Many of the beer wenches, runners, barbacks, help staff in their orange vests and various other tent and grounds staff tried to pull themselves together and look cheery. Some were still quite cheery, as they'd never gone to sleep and were still quite buzzed. They would crash hard later, hopefully in time for the second shift. Others didn't have the luxury of relief.

Surprisingly, Hoppy Jensen, Master BB Brewer, was pretty chipper as they got things rolling and hooked up and set up for the day. Often, just in general, he was grumpy and nursing a hangover. Of course on the one day everyone was half way to wrecked and trying to put on a good face, the odd duck would be the opposite. Today, he was excited, as they'd pulled down two big wins. He was most proud of the win for the Rouge Rye. It was his special baby and a recipe, while passed down for generations in BB, he'd been able to put his own special twist on during his tenure as Master Brewer for Burgunden. He whistled a Vechirek tune as he checked the kegs.

Gus Voulan was a runner. He wasn't a native of Burgunden, or even the canton. Obvious to natives, with his Francophone name and his Telleursville accent. After doing his mandatory stint in the NEDM, he had been cut loose and decided that he needed a fresh start. He had come to the big city of commercial industry, hoping to make it big. That hadn't happened yet.

He had spent most of his day yesterday splitting time between the BB tent and the Pavilion third floor, the hoity-toity of reserved VIP boxes. He'd done pretty well. In fact, he had probably pulled in about a week's worth of wages that he would make regularly as a bus boy, all in one day. He still felt that he was getting stiffed from his proper split of the tips by a couple of the wenches and servers. Again, he couldn't complain too much, but he would be a little more attentive today as to who was pocketing what.

The servers sidled up to the counter of the BB tent as the bell went off over the DJ music. The crowd was already forming up to make a run on the tents. It was rumored that certain varieties would not be restocked once the kegs ran out, even though BB would not have the resupply problems like the other breweries. It was like the tension before a stampede.

"Hey, burratassa! What can I getcha?"

I will be gone for most of the day working and not back until later this evening, US ET. Feel free to play off my people as NPCs, or you may get more interaction out of the Smertolina or Byrones tents
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Factbook

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:28 pm

The Smertolinan tourists, some of them in festival gear of leather pants and embroidered vests, had been in very good spirits, partly from the good vibe of the festival in general, and partly out of pride that their nation's beers were being received so well. Despite their ethnic reputation, they had been in very few fights, and they hadn't stabbed anyone at all, not even last night's rowdy drunks at the Iron Eagle tent or the Culture and Tourism tent. There was a rumor that one of the rowdiest drunks had actually been one of the foreign brewery VIPs? Of course, the Culture and Iron Eagle tents had the Smertolinsky absinthe and the Absintola, so they had kind of expected the foreigners to not be able to handle it.

Today Princess Martina wore very tight tan patchwork leather pants and high soft boots, with a brightly embroidered black vest over a tight white turtleneck, and a black eyepatch with red embroidery. Her ice blue eye twinkled as she smiled at the crowd, making the rounds of the tents with her bodyguards and attache before settling in at the VIP pavilion.

Archbishop Orlock, sipping a beer, said to her, "This Kreutnisch Verruckten Baren is really quite good. Have you tried Burgunden's Rouge Rye yet? I don't feel bad about losing to them." He looked over at the Princess. "How is the Omholt's?"
She swirled her glass and sniffed at it. "I think it might be carbonated sheep's piss. Runner! Oh, the French boy. Garcon! Please take this and bring me one of the Kreutnisch or Burgunden beers."

In the Kruetnisch tent, several Smertolinan Dairy reps, kilbasa cooks, beermaidens, canons and sisters were arguing loudly about what they each thought was in the secret roast pork recipe

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Gus had just finished bringing a Falkasian VIP and his entourage their beers.

"I think it might be carbonated sheep's piss. Runner! Oh, the French boy. Garcon! Please take this and bring me one of the Kreutnisch or Burgunden beers."

Gus trotted over to where Princess Martina was beckoning.
He grabbed the glass from the Smertolinan Princess, bowing. He held up the glass to the light and gave it a sniff, "Ah, Omholt's..." He chuckled, "There's a reason why they can't export this with any success out of the country. Was there a particular beer you were interested in from either, the Verrückten Bären or Frolls from Kruetnisch, or a Ferme Terre or Rouge Rye from Burgunden, both scored pretty high...were you feeling in the mood for lighter or darker and heartier?"
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Byrones
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Byrones » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Jakob, head of Kruetnisch, overheard the conversation about the secret receipe and heard one of the kilbasa cooks coming quite close to the answer.
Going for another drink Jakob went past the Iron Eagle Beverage Company tent of Smertolina and was craving for some good absinthe. So he ordered a bottle of absinthe and invited everyone in the neighbourhood to the carousal.
After the second bottle of absinthe, and the company being too drunk to stand on their legs, the barman yelled at everybody. "The party has just begun!" and grabbed a new bottle of absinthe from behind the counter.

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 pm

The Smertolina Ministry of Culture and Tourism tent contained displays of the snow-covered mountain slopes, green pastoral valleys, lush forests, medieval and baroque buildings, casinos, churches and castles of the Principality of Smertolina. An interactive display showcased Smertolinan folk music, Slavic neo-pagan festivals, symphonies, operas and ballets, and the body-painted acrobats of the stage show at the Palatsch-Cassino. Advertised were the museums of the city of Cristofslazny, St. Christopher's Cathedral and its environs, cross-country airship tours out of Smertolina City, the mountainside castle ski resort and hot spring of Orli Hrad, and the colonnaded palace complex-turned-spa resort of Palatschlazny.

The tent also showcased additional alcohols, all produced by the Royal Smertolinsky Farms, as if there wasn't enough alcohol at the festival already:

Ice Princess winter grain vodka. The label shows a painting of Princess Martina in a white uniform, overcoat and fur hat, in a snowstorm, accompanied by wolves: 1.5oz shot H$2, 750ml bottle H$28

Orli Shlivovino plum wine. The label shows a painting of the green mountain valley of Royal Smertolinsky Farms: 3oz tasting H$2, 8oz glass H$4, 750ml bottle H$11

Opoyeny Absinty; Franco-Suisse style distilled absinthe, with natural green herbal coloring, aged in settling tanks. In addition to standard herbs, a special recipe of additional herbs including mountain wildflowers and cannabis. Licorice and herb flavor, with floral tones and a pungency from the cannabis. 72% ABV, contains thujone and cannabis. The label shows a painting of a green-skinned nymph wearing only dark green Victorian stockings and shoes: Serving of reservoir glass with 1.5oz absinthe plus water and sugar H$3, 750ml bottle H$30

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Princess Martina said to Gus, "Do you know, bring me three ounce tastings of all four of them,"and handed him a H$20 note.

As they had done the day before, Smertolinan beermaids bounced from tent to tent, fetching beers and liquors from one to the other at festival-goers requests. Now, a rowdy crowd at the Iron Eagle tent was going through multiple bottles of the Absinthe from the Culture tent; it appeared to be as popular as the Princess had been predicting it would be.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Hedwig Schurhauser was the wife of one of the top executives at EngolBanc. She was not the biggest beer fan, but she indulged him and he was also representing the bank at the Festival. So he won on several levels, which in turn meant she won her level. There was an international fashion show coming up at the Presarius Plaza in a couple weeks. Karl would be there by her side with bells on and a smile on his face.

Karl was meeting with some colleagues from Aire Banking at the Pavilion.
Out of curiosity, Frau Schurhauser wandered around the grounds and stumbled upon the Smertolina Ministry of Culture and Tourism tent. She enjoyed the pictures and picked up some headphones for the interactive folk songs. She smiled and demurely and gently set them down. She turned around and looked at the menu for the liquors, and her mouth dropped. Looking at the prices, her mouth dropped a little more. She may not enjoy beer as much as Karl, but she loved her liquor, especially when it came to entertaining and having a full stocked home bar.

She walked up, deftly steering around some who had obviously already enjoyed the spirits. pulling her purse up to the counter,

"Hello, excuse me please, I would like a bottle of each of your featured liquors," She pulled out a 100 Helveti note, "...and also enquire about sending cases to my residence, at least of the absinthe..." She pulled out H$ 300 more.

At the Pavilion:
Gus nodded to the Princess and took the 20 Helveti.
"I will get your samples, milady."
He raced down the stairs, grabbing a sample rack from the busing station on the ground floor level before popping through a set of swinging doors guarded by a security man. He headed over to Kruetnisch first.

On the grounds:
A group of off-duty servers headed over to the tents to see what the fuss was about. They first stopped at Kruetnisch's tent and tasted the pork and made some guesses, then they went for the Smertolinan tents and found the absinthe samplers, becoming a part of the boisterous revelers.

On the AB Main Stage, one of the local bands was wrapping things up. They were pretty subdued with a cello, guitars and no drums. They didn't go over that well with the keyed up crowd. The Podunkers would be on soon and the crowd was pretty excited. There were punks with mohawks, skinny jeans and spiked leather vests. A large group of skins in full regalia arrived. The droning buzz of their scooters was quite audible near the west gate. After presenting their tickets and getting a pass from security, they funneled into the grounds. They had ska pins and Jamaican flag patches on their coats, and had football, rugby and mod scarves. The Podunkers were very popular around the nation's younger generations...but then again, they could be there to see Van Todt.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:05 pm

A little late, sorry about that, but here's the offerings.

The prices shown are for draft pints (568mL) except Épéebroue, which is all fancy and has different glasses and serving sizes for every beer and it's all so much stronger too, eh. Each tent will also serve tasters - small servings of each of their beers.

KEEFE'S
Keefe Pilsener - $3
Keefe India Pale Ale - $3.75
Keefe's Premium - $4
Keefe's White - $3.75
Red Sky Amber Ale - $3

Flats (24x355mL cans) - $38

ÉPÉEBROUE
Blonde de Chartris - $3.40
Noire de Chartris - $3.40
Le don de Dieu (Belgian style wheat) - $3
Éphémère cerise (cherry lambic) - $3.20
Éphémère cassis (blackcurrant lambic) - $3.30
Quelque chose grand (strong amber ale) - $3
La fin du univers (triple fermented golden ale) - $3
La troisème pistole (triple fermented) - $2 lower price to celebrate winning something

Sampler packs with 2x750mL bottles of each beer - $20
6x750mL packs of a single brand - $12.75 (discounts for larger quantities)

TYEE INDEPENDENT BREWERY
All pints $2.75

Grandview Island Lager
English Bay Pale Ale
Grouse IPA
Cypress Honey Lager (pale lager with a subtle honey taste)
Lions Winter Ale (malty, with hints of vanilla)
Point Grey Bitter (English style)

15x355mL can (3 of each) sampler packs - $12.50
Flats (24x355mL) - $35

ETNIER NATIONAL BREWING COOPERATIVES
Sky Lake Lager - $2.50
Catfish Dark Ale - $4
Catfish Special (IPA) - $3.75
Sponcraig's Light Ale - $3
Boonrock Beer - $2.75

15x355mL can (3 of each) sampler packs - $13.50
Flats (24x355mL) - $40

Resource Extraction Solutions Inc
Attaché

Founded: Dec 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Resource Extraction Solutions Inc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:31 pm

William Teller, now experiencing the scourge of humanity, a hangover, stumbled into the pavilion's seating area. The night had visibly left him not only tired, but unable to remember what happened. He opened his notes, the paper wrinkled from a lack of a writing source. The notepad by far was one of the most dreadful things in existence, seemingly written by Cthulhu himself, chronicling all of the insults, and insights that entered his mind.

After carefully reading the notes several times over he deduced that he had drank one to many beverages, all of witch seemed to have tasted good, and became quite belligerent, yelling insults at other people attending the fair. Fortunately he was seated in the pavilion, separated from the equally drunk crowd be several guards.

At least the selection of beers was huge, something truly to be marveled at. After a long recovery he ordered one shot of the Orli Shlivovino plum wine, and one shot of the Ice Princess winter grain vodka. Hopefully this time he would not drink too much...
Last edited by Resource Extraction Solutions Inc on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 pm

The evening wore on and new friendships were formed, both with international people and international beverages that would enter several thousand personal repertoires and expand into Neu Engollon markets and beyond.

The Podunkers stumbled on stage. They were a motley group, not flashy, but some ripped clothes, chains and various punk rock shirts (Bad Brains, UK Subs, Ramones) showing from between football and rugby warm up jacket flaps. They smirked at the crowd, and as cheers and hoots went up, they immediately ripped into a cover of the Dead Boys' 'What Love is'. Heavy bass rumbled and a mosh pit formed. Beer cups and water bottles went flying.

"I don't need none of your bedroom bruised sweet box
And I don't need none of your spoiled ass sweet talk..."

More projectiles flew from the top floors of the Pavilion. Security tried to keep everyone from going too berzerk and all the fans' feet planted on the ground...for the most part.
My Factbook

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 am

At the Iron Eagle tent, the revelers included Smertolinan tourists, off-duty beermaidens, and several priests and sisters from St. Christopher's. Loosening bodices began to display even more skin than before. Dreadlocked and goateed Darius and the other boys of Vechirek flirted with the Neu Engollonan and Smertolinan beermaids and tried to start up a drinking game involving kissing, but when the Podunkers started up, all of the Vechireksky shouted and ran out to join the howling crowd at the stage. On his way out, Darius paused to yank on the drawstring to a beermaid's top and ran out.

At the top of the pavilion, Princess Martina cheered for the Podunkers while Archbishop Orlock went downstairs to join the Iron Eagle party, stopping for another glass of Verruckten Baren on his way.

Getting around or through the mosh pit to as close to the stage as they could, the girls of Vechirek, tall Annika with her multicolored dreadfall pigtails, Anya with her long platinum dreadlocks, wide-set jade eyes and lush lips, and Petra with her black dreads conspired with one another, then pulled their tops down to display their breasts to the Podunkers

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:30 am

BACK AT THE PAVILION:
Gus had deftly maneuvered his way back through the throngs, as the Podunkers had started up their set while he retrieved the last couple samples from BB. It became a sea of swaying people and some thrashing arms that would very well dump a sampler rack.

Luckily, he had a pretty straight shot to the nearest swinging doors of the Pavilion.
He made it, his badge around his neck flashed to the guard then he backed ass end into the doors so as not to spill his cargo.

He made it up the stairs to the third floor and walked over to the Smertolinan Princess as she was buttoning back up. He pretended not to notice.

"Here, milady, are your samples..did you, um, need change back from your twenty?"

Around him, two other runners, Danny and Otto were working the boxes. Servers were also taking drink and food orders from that which could be obtained from the downstairs bar.
The boxes, due to an odd geometric shape of the Pavilion, and a cleverly designed slope, were all able to have a good view of the stage. Only four boxes were on the other side, facing away from the stage with no view. They were a cheaper price and believe it or not, some folks requested such accommodations. They must enjoy watching the crowd down at the main brewer's tents more than anything else. Should they change their mind, there were CC TV monitors that showed the stage activity in the corner of the boxes and speakers, the volume of which could be adjusted. One of the boxes was utilized by off-duty BB and ground staff.

ON THE AB MAIN STAGE:
The Podunkers were ripping through their set, playing a streak of original tunes.
They smiled while playing as some of the ladies showed their breasts, not a typical thing at their normal concerts, but not unheard of. Matti, on vocals, blew kisses to them. Pieter was on bass, Jean on guitar and Sal on drums.
They had a couple slower ones in the middle of the set. They debuted a shuffling ska song that all the skins pushed to the front for, and then a dub infused, stilting but catchy rock song, that sounded eerily like a Clash or Ruts remix.
The dub/punk song ended and then Sal started to count off with his sticks. They all joined in on the fourth count, bringing the buzzsaw back up to a crescendo.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

3rd Day Judging

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:32 am

The Judging has been completed for the next set of categories. Congratulations to the winners and runner-ups!

Lagers:

1 Lonarasreich Schwartzbier (Kaisers Own) 15.950
2 Grandview Cypress Honey (Grandview) 15.750
3 Lonarische Hellager (Kaisers Own) 14.925
4 Laajierdel (Apsdaaler) 14.425
5 Krieg Kolsch (Burgunden) 12.900

Wheats:

1 Weitezer (Apsdaaler) 15.325
2 Puync Ginger Wheat (Boars Head) 15.250
3 Shadow Shandy (Burgunden) 15.200
4 Tropikijner (Apsdaaler) 13.725
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:04 am

"Keep the change, darlink, just keep them coming," Martina said.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 pm

The Podunkers finished off their set with an encore of a cover of the Ramones' Commando and an updated version of Killing Joke's Warzone. They sauntered off the stage, to a roar from the crowd. There were some odd gifts thrown on the stage.

The DJ started in with some similar influenced rock music and a little prep music on a disc given to him by Von Todt. They were up next and quite a few of the concert goers were sticking around in anticipation. There was a rush on the tents for more beer and to some of the tents offering water, such as Iron Eagle.

At the BB Tent:

Hoppy sat contemplating. He wasn't too disappointed, as Krieg Kolsch, while not new, was a newly resurrected recipe that they tried to re-introduce. Shadow Shandy, he thought would go over better, as it was a unique, hardy twist on your usual summer shandy, something to take the summer months into the cooler months with you. Overall, he wasn't too bummed about it, as the recipes probably still needed tinkering and he'd had even better test batches than the ones they'd brought with them. He was still pretty happy about Rouge Rye and Ferme Terre, so that kept him buoyant and ready to go hassle some fresh customers. The talk now was how well the Schiele Stout and 81 Ale would go over.

At the Pavilion:

Gus headed out again. This time, he would get a varied sampler from all the recent winners. It would be a little more work hitting more tents, but he thought maybe he could garner another decent tip from Princess Martina. He made the rounds and got a sampler rack assembled of the Lonarasreich Schwartzbier from Kaiser's Own,
The Grandview Cypress Honey Lager, The Weitezer from Apsdaaler and topping it off with the Puync Ginger Wheat from Boar's Head.

He handed made it to the Pavilion 3rd Floor and placed it on the table in the Smertolinan Royals' box. He described the various samples, pointing them out as the Princess smiled, oohed and aahed. Then he stepped back and waited for another bill for payment and generous tip, hopefully.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates