NATION

PASSWORD

Arva Carin, Dean of Students (sign up OOC open to all)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:53 am

Amy was almost done with her unpacking when Lana appeared and announced that they were going to dinner. She had not realised how hungry she was until food had been mentioned and the idea of a special supper in their honour sounded interesting. She hoped they were not going to be like zoo animals being gazed at by the rest of the school. If that was the case, she was really glad that she was not a guy, as she was sure that they would have a harder time of it then she ever would.

She had no idea what traditional Macurean food was, but at that moment in time, she really did not care as long as it was food. She was also hoping that once they were all in the dining room, rather than trying to get settling into the dorm, she would have the opportunity to say hi to some of her fellow students. She had noticed a few interesting people, that she might be able to befriend. Grabbing her purse, she left her dorm room, closed the door and stepped into the corridor, waiting for everyone else to be ready to head off.
Nation name: The Empire of Tartarus
Nationality: Tartarian

Ruler: Her Imperial Majesty, Gehenna, Empress of Tartarus

Makaivellia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Makaivellia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:23 pm

The heavy luggage bag Maria was carrying was getting even heavier. But she could bear through. Those blue eyes following the Dean.
Food was so far from her mind, but hey, it was free. Right?
#KANYEWEST2020

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Junius Proculus

Postby Late Roman Empire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:46 am

Makaivellia wrote:The heavy luggage bag Maria was carrying was getting even heavier. But she could bear through. Those blue eyes following the Dean.
Food was so far from her mind, but hey, it was free. Right?

"Hey, Maria, let's find a place to put those bags of yours. Dean, where can this girl put her luggage for now? Or should she pick a room first?" Proculus stepped in, seeing the poor girl weighed down by her bags. It was a chance to be a good Mormon and impress a girl at the same time.....what proper ex-missionary could turn that down.

For Proculus's part, he wasn't afraid, as he was an ex-missionary. He had been in tighter spots before, and not even gotten paid for it (missionaries saved up ahead for two years of unpaid volunteer work).

As for the irritating matriarchal stuff, he got the impression that it was, while annoying, greatly exaggerated. He didn't see evidence of anything really bad except the divorce laws and the superstitions of heathenism from following false gods and false prophets. The female-only thing seemed literally limited to the very top tier of political/religious offices, since men apparently could reach the top of the bureaucratic posts. Unless, of course, the Dean was less than candid about something and this school was just a Potemkin village.
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

Makaivellia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Makaivellia » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:31 am

"Why thank you." She said half heartedly with a fake smile. She was mor ethan capabale of carrying her bags all day without issue. She proved this by lifting one of them, which was around 80 pounds of clothes.
"Do you think you could hold this for more real quick." She said smiling, barely even struggling to hand it to him.
#KANYEWEST2020

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Junius Proculus

Postby Late Roman Empire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:16 pm

"I see that you are strong. Even so, I wanted to help you get this out of the way, so all of us can eat. Even the strongest people can use some help now and then. That is something that my parents taught me," he smiled, acknowledging her feat of strength, but also noting that didn't mean that she had to impress anyone or had to go alone.

He had no trouble lifting anything, either. His parents made sure that the whole family stayed in good shape, including his sisters and himself. j
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:43 pm

It was a party now, there were like five people in her room just hanging out! She gave a distressed look to Carlotta, one that said "get these people out". Just then, the lady came in with the news of the banquet. Carla was a little let down, she'd wanted to go out tonight. But, free food was free food, and she was always starving.

"Well, looks like I'm not paying for food tonight!"

She gave her smile and took it away quickly, so as to not make it hackneyed. Leading the way, she walked out the door, grabbing Vanessa's hand on the way out. She didn't know why she did it, but she quickly let go after exiting the door. She was a fun girl, but she wasn't terribly experimental in the way of bodily contact with other girls. But for some reason, she was a little different. Now, Carla was worried. She'd never been even remotely attracted to a girl before. Vanessa was different, and she couldn't put her finger on how...
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

New Macureus
Envoy

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Alar Darin

Postby New Macureus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Seeing Amy, Alar decided to make her acquaintance.

"I am Alar Darin. Yeah, the obnoxious one. I guess my reputation has begun to take shape. What about you?" he grinned in a friendly, engaging way.

"Amy, right? If it is traditional Macurean food, I can help you walk through the minefield. Wouldn't want you to eat foods that might be harder to stomach. Some are quite unique to Macureus, Old and New. Though there are some differences between us, there are many similarities. The main difference is a greater emphasis on health and nutrition in my country. So there might be some guilty pleasures here that I would have a harder time finding in New Mac. By the way, we Macs are used to doing business across the border. Their society is a bit strange to us, but they aren't Shrailleeni or anything weird like that. Not half as matriarchal as some would let on. After all, they haven't kicked me out of school for being a loud, obnoxious guy, right?"
Last edited by New Macureus on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Bisexual, polyamorous, married, atheist, center-right Republican. Yes, I'm an odd sort of fellow. Get over it.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Amy had settled to leaning casually against the wall in the corridor as she waited for everyone to finish what they were doing, so that they could head off to the canteen. She saw someone walking in her direction and oddly followed him with her gaze, as she actually thought he was probably going to just walk by, which probably gave the impression that she had a terrible habit of staring, which she normally did not. It was only when he started speaking that she kind of blinked herself out of her stare and acted more normal.

“Hi, yeah, it’s Amy, and it’s nice to meet you Alar Darin,” she said, returning Alar’s smile with one of her own, which kind of started off a little startled but settled into a more relaxed one. She ran her fingers absentmindedly through her hair. “Obnoxious, huh?” She wondered what he had done to gain that reputation already, or maybe he had come from home with it already. If not, he really did work fast. “I guess my reputation is a little slower at taking off than others,” she added, with a grin.

She was grateful that he began to talk about the food, as she had been a little concerned about it, but she was the kind of person who would try most things and decide once tested, rather than go for the familiar. “I’m adventurous, so I’m willing to try some new things,” she commented, not wanting him to think she was some kind of a wuss or stuck in her ways. Some people had a weird view of Tartarians sometimes, not that she had any idea if he knew that was where she had come from. “So, you are not too worried about being a guy in a matriarchal society then? Not that they really sound that harsh, like you said, the Shraileeni are a lot worse. You probably would have been kicked out of school there, if they let you in in the first place.”
Nation name: The Empire of Tartarus
Nationality: Tartarian

Ruler: Her Imperial Majesty, Gehenna, Empress of Tartarus

Cicunda
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cicunda » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Vanessa heard free food. "Oh, okay" he said with a dissapointed tone. She had been looking forward to dinner with Carla, and saw it as a chance to liven the apparent flame between them. Carla grabbed her hand, and out of shock of the feelings rammed into her whole body, she swung it back towards herself after exiting the room. Could it really be? Vanessa thought to herself as she walked outside. Thoughts of Carla flew through her mind at a million miles per second, and after little thought about it, she held her hand back out and grabbed hold of Carla's hand. She was very sincerly hoping that she wouldn't feel the thin layer of sweat developing on her hand from all the heat generating inside her from feelings of Carla.

Vanessa looked Carla in the eyes and very shyly said "I think you look beautiful..." to which Vanessa's face grew a bright red.
Cicunda is a Tribal Nation. We are family minded spiritual people. We don't care what you look like, where you're from, or what you belive in... Be nice and you'll be treated the same we'd treat eachother. :)

Currency: Cii
Airport: Cicunda's only airport, Gabb Island International Airport. (link down below)
Transport: Ships to/from Port Anderson, Planes to/from Gabb Island International Airport, Trains and Buses inside Cicunda. All cars are banned. Bikes are allowed, but quite an unpleasant distance to ride, take it from us.

We are friends with all. :)

CiTrans Cicunda storefront - Transport and Logistic Solutions!
Gabb Island International Airport!

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Carla felt her blood run cold. No. This wasn't happening, she was no dyke. She smiled nervously..

"Stop. I mean, thanks, but, uhm, ah, lets just find everyone else, we can talk once we get back to the room. Til then..."

She took a very deep breath and combed her long, dark, straight hair with her fingers as it curled by the slightest angle at the ends.

"I'm sorry, am I being rude? I think I'm being rude.."

She gave a squint that showed uncertainty, and her heart was racing, this wasn't normal, she was so uncomfortable, confused, all this had happened so fast..she just wanted to go to the banquet and forget it'd happened. But, as awkward as it was, she liked it, this is what she'd talk to her about when they got back. Whether she'd make it clear that it wouldn't happen again, or profess that Vanessa had a shortcut to Carla's heart, she didn't know yet. It'd probably be the former, she didn't want to be 'that lesbian girl'.

Cicunda
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cicunda » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:48 pm

"Oh I-I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to... be so, uh, upfront with you... it just... kinda slipped out..." Vanessa squeezed her hand tight, anxious that her slip-up might have made things just a little too awkward. "No you're not being rude, I'm sorry it's my fault." she let out a nervous giggle, and quick to try and aid the situation, she looked at Carla. "What do you think they have to eat here? I hope it's something nice. What do you like to eat?"
Cicunda is a Tribal Nation. We are family minded spiritual people. We don't care what you look like, where you're from, or what you belive in... Be nice and you'll be treated the same we'd treat eachother. :)

Airport: Cicunda's only airport, Gabb Island International Airport. (link down below)
Transport: Ships to/from Port Anderson, Planes to/from Gabb Island International Airport, Trains and Buses inside Cicunda. All cars are banned. Bikes are allowed, but quite an unpleasant distance to ride, take it from us.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:38 pm

At hearing of the announcement, Elisae headed to the dining hall with the others. She cautiously looked around as she walked while making sure she was a good distance from the other students. Gods, she was starving and she needed food soon.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Cicunda wrote:"Oh I-I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to... be so, uh, upfront with you... it just... kinda slipped out..." Vanessa squeezed her hand tight, anxious that her slip-up might have made things just a little too awkward. "No you're not being rude, I'm sorry it's my fault." she let out a nervous giggle, and quick to try and aid the situation, she looked at Carla. "What do you think they have to eat here? I hope it's something nice. What do you like to eat?"

"I dunno, in the States we just eat enchiladas, tacos, tamales, gyros. Umm lots of stews and heavy foods like roasts and stuff.."

She motioned to her body playfully, implying that the food she ate made her figure plump.

"..But yeah, I hope it's actually edible. I could eat a horse. Or a dinosaur for that matter. Do you wanna watch a movie when we get back to the room? I brought like four from home."

Cicunda
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cicunda » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:32 am

Vanessa giggled at Carla's motions. "Well home in Cicunda we all enjoy our food too" She poked at her belly, and looked back at Carla. "...obviously. And I would love to watch a movie with you! Are they ones from where you live?" Excitement grew in her stomach . By sounds of it tonight was gonna be fun!

The Cookish States
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Cicunda wrote:Vanessa giggled at Carla's motions. "Well home in Cicunda we all enjoy our food too" She poked at her belly, and looked back at Carla. "...obviously. And I would love to watch a movie with you! Are they ones from where you live?" Excitement grew in her stomach . By sounds of it tonight was gonna be fun!

Carla spoke, exaggerating certain syllables to sound more 'matter of fact' in a comedic form..

"Ac-tually, there aren't really movies from my country except for gay.."

She felt weird saying that now, since the term may well describe her current feelings..

"..stupid patriotic films, kinda like war slash love stories. Not really my kinda thing. Anyways, these are the same kind that're kinda made everywhere. Umm.."

She pursed her lips to the left pensively, and scratched her head..

"Pretty sure they're Aldaran. Lotsa pretty hills and mountains, people fighting with swords and stuff. Should be fun!"

She noticed they were in the banquet room, and took her seat, expecting her friends to be seated at her table. She wondered if her loath for skirts was showing, especially tight ones. She liked dresses, but skirts were so troublesome, and etiquette was important. Friends of hers had shown their clams to the entire highschool before she graduated, she smirked remembering it. I mean, if a guy left his fly down, and had his privates hanging out, someone would certainly tell him. Apparently, people were perfectly fine with letting a girl flash her self about like a drunk.

"Curse of being 'the fairer sex' I guess.."

Carla thought. Thankfully, there wasn't any of that here so far, but today was everyone's formal day, tomorrow was when everyone's guard would be down.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm

"Best movies," announced Carlotta "Are the Guy on a Buffalo series and the Fists of Justice series. You know, way back when our President was a kickboxer, and then an actress, and then she ran for office. Cool huh?" she sat down as well, more ladylike than Carla, who seemed to be charming but typical Cookish--little restraint, chaotic, excitable. She had an impish desire to ask her if she'd ever done the Macarena but decided to save it for when they were less nervous.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Cicunda
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cicunda » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Vanessa sat down in the seat next to Carla. "We don't even make movies back home. We just perform at ceremonies or at shows." She was feeling quite hungry, it would be her first meal for the majority of the day. She looked around at the variety of students, then back at Carla, placing her hand back with Carla's.

Her hand never failed to be smooth and sweet, and felt quite warm. Vanessa's mind drifted to the upcoming movie session they'd be having together. It was sure going to be fun!

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Elisae listened to the chatter of the other students, despite her isolated place in the group heading down the hallway. Finally, when they entered the dining hall, the Drakonian glanced around the sizable room. Then, sighing, she sat down, again at an isolated spot. Rubbing her snout, she wondered how long would it be before she would get her food.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

New Macureus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Alar Darin

Postby New Macureus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:36 pm

"Yeah, no kidding. No, I'm not worried. We New Macs have regular dealings with Old Macs. To us, Old Mac is like the eccentric and maybe a little nutty older sister or aunt, but you still treat her as family. I would say 'love' if I belonged to a society that approved of love. Of course, mine doesn't. If I said things like that and it got back to folks at home, I'd be lucky to ever get a job there.

"Granted, this place isn't perfect. I wouldn't want to marry an Old Mac girl. In the event of a divorce, she'd get over half of my stuff. No thanks. Given that Old Mac to New Mac divorce rates are 88%, well, you can see why it is a high risk. We trade with each other, on rare occasions have a fling or two, visit each other, and generally behave like family supposedly does at reunions, at least from what I have seen in films. Reunions are not very common in New Mac. But, marriage, no. Our societies have totally different conventions about marriage, even different laws.

"Even so, there are a lot worse places, like Shrailleen. Rumor has it that men have to call themselves 'Your Child' when addressing high female officials. That would grate on me, to be candid. Well, actually, we New Macs don't lie much at all. Deceit is rooted in fear, and fear is illogical. Our sense of humor is largely rhetorical, propagandistic in nature, like earlier. It is a way also to get the other person to lash out irrationally and gain a psychological advantage. I must admit that it worked with the Dean.

"What are the laws and customs in Tartarus? Are Tartarians very romantic or more reasonable? I apologize if I rambled, but I get easily sidetracked by the whole Old Mac-New Mac relationship. It is rather interesting, wouldn't you say?" he abruptly stopped and tried to keep from blushing or admitting his growing attraction to Amy. New Macs often had flings, but they tried to seem blase about them. It wasn't socially acceptable to be very passionate about anything, except, of course, science and reason.
When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Bisexual, polyamorous, married, atheist, center-right Republican. Yes, I'm an odd sort of fellow. Get over it.

Macureus
Envoy

Founded: Aug 16, 2009

Arva Carin, Dean of Students

Postby Macureus » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:33 am

Arva called the supper to order.

"Welcome to our special orientation and welcome supper for our international students. This is a chance for us to showcase traditional Macurean food, to welcome you with open arms, to show you proper hospitality, and to prove that ours is really a benevolent and philanthropic society. We are a humane and friendly people, one interested in the welfare of all peoples. We happen to be very religious, of course, but there is nothing wrong with that.

"If you have any questions about the cuisine or dining practices or customs, be sure to ask your room assistants or one of the cafeteria staff. They are here to assist you, after all, and to further your education.

"Welcome to Macureus and to the University of Arod. While special provisions have been made for Elisae and for Mr. Proculus here, due to their dietary rules and customs, on balance the food will be traditional Macurean fare, as was declared to you earlier. Alright, for this part, allow me to introduce the head cook and professor of culinary arts, Tago Valin. Dr. Valin, you have the floor," Arva indicated a stout woman aged about fifty with salt-and-pepper hair.

Dr. Valin then introduced the traditional sadin, or pomegranate juice, followed by an appetizer, the tazin, or lobster and crab salad. The alternative was a regular Cobb salad, for those who didn't care for seafood. The entree was a lamb and rice casserole that served as the most popular dish in ordinary Macurean homes. It was called leguin and reflected a tendency in Macurean cuisine toward what some cultures might called "comfort food", but more seasoned and flavored with herbs, spices, and other natural seasonings. Macureans even had their own version of sea salt, with lower sodium, but higher iodine content. There were vegan/vegetarian alternatives, featuring tofu, and also a high protein alternative for those whose dietary needs required such a substitute. For dessert, a flaming cheesecake called pyrin and a pomegranate sorbet to balance it.

Since New Macurean cuisine only differed in fat and starch concentration from Old Macurean, this would put Alar Darin at something of an advantage over the rest of the foreign students, but he was still likely to find it a bit on the rich side. The Old Macureans were perfectly used to it, of course. Arva in particular hoped that this food would please, rather than displease her guests/students.
Socially quite liberal, economically a bit more authoritarian. Not a fan of organized religion or traditional family values or the present social order. You've been warned.
"Audacity, audacity, this day, audacity, forever audacity!" - Georges Danton
"It is with regret that we pronounce the fatal truth. Louis must die so that France may live." - Maximilien Robespierre
"I did not seize the crown. I found it in the gutter and picked it up." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Damak Var
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Jack Knox

Jack Knox walked into the dining hall. He had to catch a later flight after missing his first one so he arrived later than the rest of the students. Before leaving Damak Var his friends threw him a party where he enjoyed himself way more than he intended. An older woman was presenting the dishes to be served. It sounded appetizing which pleased him. Their cuisine might just redeem them. He thought to himself. Jack did some reading on Old Macureus on the airplane and what he read did not excite him. Old Macureus was a highly religious matriarchal society. A stark difference to his own, Damak Var, which praised nothing but business and wealth. Varians could barely fathom the thought of a theocracy that was the government system of Old Macureus. Varians in contrast, were ruled by corporations. The attire was certainly different as well. Most young adults and older in his home country wore formal attire in public. To make a good impression he was dressed the same way. Navy blue dress shirt, black tie, black vest, and black dress pants. It was hot so he decided to forgo a blazer. A quick glance around at the other students made Jack cringe and feel excited at the same time. Meeting these different people would certainly amuse him.

The Varian took a seat at an empty table and began to read his copy of the Gallows Street Journal newspaper. A business, economic, and financial newspaper from his home country.
Last edited by Damak Var on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Makaivellia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Makaivellia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Why does this guy keep bothering me..
She though takimg her bag from the guy, she then proceeded to the dinner table.
Nice place, better than some of the places in Makaivellia.
#KANYEWEST2020

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Junius Proculus

Postby Late Roman Empire » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 am

Taking the hint from facial expressions, Junius Proculus decided to leave the very independent young woman alone. If she thought he was smothering or stalking her, that was not his intention. He was simply being a generous and hospitable young man, albeit one with a healthy interest in the opposite sex.

Seeking to distract himself from that whole mess, he hurried to take his place at the supper, hoping that he didn't miss anything important due to his being distracted by Maria. The food certainly looked appetizing at least. Sitting next to the student from Damak Var, he said, "Hey, I guess that we men will need to look out for each other. This is feminist headquarters, I suppose. Enemy territory."

His grin indicated that he was only half-serious there.

Makaivellia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Makaivellia » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Maria heard the remark, it was true. Maria agreed, but that was cause there was no problem with sex in Makaivellia. But she had seen what some women had been through. Maybe it was feminist headquarters. But who cares? Right?
#KANYEWEST2020

Damak Var
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damak Var » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Jack Knox

Jack looked up from his newspaper and gave a chuckle in response. He didn't expect anybody to come and approach him but didn't mind. "Let em have it. I'm here for a grade and a good time." He replied with a cocky smirk. "Jack Knox, I'm Varian. We could care less about feminism. It's capitalism that interests us. So what landed you in Macureus? In Damak Var, studying abroad looks good on your credentials. Varian corporations do a lot of business overseas. Figured this would give me a leg up."

Usually Jack wasn't so friendly. He never really felt the need to make friends, not that he didn't have any. But this certainly wasn't the time to make rivals. At least not so soon. It probably wasn't so much a problem here unlike Varian universities which were adversarial institutions. The students competed ruthlessly for the best grades so that they could get the best employment later on. You had alllies, you had enemies, and little friends.
Last edited by Damak Var on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates