NATION

PASSWORD

The People of New Edom v. Admiral Charles Rand (ICC case)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

East Klent
Minister

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Justice Fuler, though awake and fully alert, was startled by this motion, "Miss Romo, need I remind you that there is a fact-finding mission taking place as we speak within the nation of New Edom, investigating the alleged actions of your client giving both the prosecution and yourself more material to work with?" Justice Fuller paused to glance at the bench, "While I'm not entirely sure how my colleagues may feel, I suggest that we give the prosecution more time, a continuance if you will, to continue their case; however, I do agree that they seem to be dragging their feet, but they most assuredly still have a case to present."

Fuler checked his watch for the time and began to worry, for a similar inactivity had caused the demise of the previous two courts.
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project
Defcon:1 2 3 4 (On Alert) 5

TNN: 6/30/15
The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

NEKSE ▲39.63 |NKTSE ▲25.03|GDIE ▲8.45

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:41 pm

"Then the prosecution should request a continuance or a recess," replied Romo, containing her rage. "This is not justice. This is a mockery of justice. My client is being forced to sit in this court for hours on end with no rebuttal or denial thereof by the prosecution occurring.

"The investigation is, indeed, important, but I feel as though the prosecution is using stalling tactics for the case."
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Mesoland
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:16 pm

OOC: School takes preference over NS, sadly, and I have been bogged down with work recently, hence the restricted time I now spend on this site. Please, if I don't post for a while, bombard me with TG's and I'll try and fit in a slot to make a post here. I know the case is moving slowly, and that is my fault, but I hope you can understand that I am under a lot of pressure right now, what with deadlines to meet and homework to do.

IC:

Miss Baku arose and frowned at the witness stood in the stand. "If Admiral Rand's intentions were to divert conflict and make peace with the Elwe people, why did a skirmish break out and why was it necessary to arrest so many innocents, thus angering the remaining tribespeople? What happened to Admiral Rand's peace strategy?"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Admiral Rand wrote a note to the defense counsel

What is the point of that question? The question should surely be as to whether or not I was party to genocide or other actions against humanity--which I was not. So why is this even being discussed?
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 am

New Edom wrote:Admiral Rand wrote a note to the defense counsel

What is the point of that question? The question should surely be as to whether or not I was party to genocide or other actions against humanity--which I was not. So why is this even being discussed?

Romo responded with a note:

The question is not out of the scope of the trial, so I cannot object. I know of your innocence, but the prosecution and many membes of the panel think you are guilty, so Baku is trying to prove her position.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:39 am

Khalkimedes said contemptuously "Why did a skirmish break out? Are you serious? Because it was a war. These things happen, things that are beyond the control of people who make the rules. As for the arrests, I do not accept the implication that these people were known to be innocent. They were suspects."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Mesoland
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Miss Baku shook her head. "There are many things I'd like to discuss with you and your peers concerning this matter, however as this is a court of law and I am a lawyer who acts with the utmost professionalism in my line of work -" Baku shot a glance at Ms. Romo before continuing - "I shall finish questioning you and will refrain from saying anything that would put this trial in jeopardy. The defence may continue."

Baku stepped back and sat behind her desk, taking a sip of water, not before quickly scrawling a note to Peter Misabel who sat at her side as the representative from New Edom. "Romo's witnesses are stalling; none of them seem to be able to answer me directly," it read.

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Justice William Fuler's Office

Justice Fuler had just finished turkey and swiss on rye when his secretary walked in, "Delegate Stevens is on line one, Sir."

"Good God what is it this time?" the aged jourist moaned, "Jarred, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Let's dispense with the pleasantries shall we," Stevens and Fuler did not have the best of relationships, "I assume the Rand case hasn't gotten anywhere?"

"I left a while ago, the silence was getting to me, why?"

"According to Agent Finnick, there's more in Raith Immel than what was found during the initial investigation," Stevens informed him.

"Initial? I was only aware of the one," Fuler's investigative nature was evident.

"Sure, whatever, anyway, there's new evidence, and there's about to a whole lot more, grant a continuance," Stevens rung off.

Fuler quickly put down the phone and swung on his robes and dashed for the courtroom. He rushed in and sat at the bench not paying attention to whether or not there was anyone else in the room, "Good day, as a Chief Justice I am proposing a continuance be ordered on the basis that previously unrevealed evidence may come to light, and the possible need for the respective parties to have new counsel. Any objections?"
IC: The United Republic of Klent, URK, or the United Klentian Republic. Canon Project

The CKDA goes to Congress for ratification and the administration prepares for talks in Batavia.

East Klent
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby East Klent » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:10 pm

June 17, 2014

Fuler stood in the doorway of the courtroom. Quite the level of dust had settled on the gallery and the bench. He let out a long sigh as he gazed upon what he likened to magnificent desolation, "Beautiful architecture, tremendous promise, great ideals, all forgotten and shut down, yet again."

Woefully, he walked out of the room and out of the ICC Building for the last time.

ICC shut down, case dropped.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates