NATION

PASSWORD

The Fall of Gods Book I, Chapter II: OOC Thread (OPEN)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 20, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:57 pm

That post better be up tomorrow, or I'm going to share my real thoughts on the situation.

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

The Fall of Gods Book I, Chapter II: OOC Thread (CLOSED)

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:55 am

Warhaven wrote:That post better be up tomorrow, or I'm going to share my real thoughts on the situation.

Share them now, I've had a crappy night and am full of righteous anger. Give me more fuel.
Official Council Member and Russian BAMF of Fall of Gods RP
Jacob Alexander King, Archon of the Earth Sphere Coalition and Overlord of Western Quootar
Earth Sphere Coalition Factbook
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 5

Agadar
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:38 am

Warhaven wrote:That post better be up tomorrow, or I'm going to share my real thoughts on the situation.

Let's hear it.
Proud resident of The Western Isles, the #1 role-playing region!
Developer of Telegrammer, NS API Java Wrapper, and more!

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:43 am

I am a poster of my word. If that post is up by midnight, then I'll never tell. However, if it isn't, then I'll share all my thoughts in exact detail.

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:27 pm

Well well well, look at the time.

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Midnight has come and passed, where is the post Jedi? Life hectic getting ready for college? Bullshit. Been there, done that. The only reason your life is hectic is because you have piss poor time management skills. I'm sick to death of you and your pathetic excuses, they are akin to a sieve trying to hold water. It doesn't work. I don't even have to know your life, to know you've passed up dozens of chances in which you could've jumped on and at least posted a one liner in the OOC giving Aggy permission to control things long enough to get us through the current battle. Yet you do not. In your arrogance you force the rest of us to delay while everything hinges upon you and your actions. Your inaction is inexcusable, and I will tolerate it no further, especially knowing of the multitude of ways you could've gotten a message to us, such as a public library or cell phone with web browsing borrowed from a friend. If you cannot at least have the decsency to pass control when life calls you away, then get the fuck out, and don't you ever return. And don't hand me anymore excuses about your parents being involved. You are a man, act like it and stand up to them.

The real reason you don't post, is because you're pissed we won't let you have your magic invisible fireballs, so you're punishing the rest of us with weak excuses and delays. And your attempt at hiding behind Zeta's abilities? That's the funniest joke of all. So we're going in depth on this. Dugal's invisible fireball is pure godmod. There is no concievable means by which anyone can dodge it, meet it, or otherwise do anything except take it. Especially Iscariot at whom its directed. Not even Zeta could deflect it. An invisible fireball forces someone to take it, since by the time they feel the heat, its already striking them, and even if they had superhuman reflexes, they'd still need superhuman speed to get away from it. Infact the only means by which anyone can affect an invisible fireball, is if they go back in time and affect it AFTER getting hit by it, assuming they don't get killed by it, and that only opens an even more convuluted can of worms we're better off leaving alone, meaning the only way to counter your godmod, is with an even bigger godmod.

Zeta in turn requires time to do his most complicated actions, as certainly he can control Matter and energy, but he can't jkust simply bring a nuke into being on the spot, or even something less mass destructive, like an AK-47. Certainly he could call iunto being a single block of steel that looks like one, but it'd be all one solid piece with no moving parts of any kind what so ever. In order to make a functioning gun, he'd need time to call in the materials, craft them into their parts, fit them into place, insure their all fitted and working properly, THEN make the bullets. Who in the fucking hell is going to stand there idly for a half hour doing nothing while Zeta makes a gun to kill them with? It's not Godmoddy because there are numerous means by which another character can act and affect the situation one way or another.

Then there's simpler means such as making an ordinary knife, sword, morning star, knuckles, or some other such melee weapon. Well whoopie! he made a weapon. The majority of characters in this story are soldiers for crying out loud. If they can't handle an untrained scientist with a melee weapon then clearly they failed basic training, or need to return for a refresher course. And the rest of them, have they no wits? No mind of their own? And this is just matter manipulation. Energy manipulation's a whole nother barrel of monkeys. To that end, we'll take the standard lightning bolt. Do you have any idea how long it takes to charge up the energy found in a lightning bolt? or give it enough amps to be very lethal? Time enough for someone to step in and knock Zeta out, that's how long.

In summary, no matter what Zeta does, there are always numerous ways by which someone can act and counter or assist his efforts, or even evade and avoid them entirely. unlike your invisibvle fireball. It doesn't even matter that Iscariot can handle one, or can figure out how to detect the next one. Your initial one is cheating, pure and simple.

Now stop wasting our times and post, or leave, and bother us no more. And remember, I will put up with delays no longer, especially since I at least had the courtesy to hand over my characters during the times I was forcibly detained for awhile, and even I busted my ass to get to the library every chance I got.

I will also not listen to your side of the story, or anything you have to say on the subject. Post, or be gone, that is your only option.

PROPOSAL: Whenever a member of this RP is going to be away seven days or longer, another member is automatically granted the right to control IC actions the member who's away. This is also true if a member leaves but doesn't tell anyone how long he or she is going to be away, and is away for a minimum of seven days from the time of his or her last posting, and is also true if a member is lingering, but not posting when he or she should. This Proposal shall also be Retroactive for all posters currently away or not posting as of the time of the posting of this proposal and its final acceptance by the FoG council.

Aye: Warhaven.
Nay:
Abstain:

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Firstly, I don't want nor care to bother to get into some debate over this. I've posted end of the story.

It's extremely arrogant of you to make assumptions about my life. You have little to no insight to how my daily life works and to think that you could call my excuses bullshit is bullshit in itself. I didn't hand control over because I didn't think I'd be away this long. I thought I'd have a post up a week ago.

And while I still think that saying invisible flame is utter bullshit in its purest form, I'm once again taking the high road and dropping an issue that shouldn't be an issue at all. You can go into some lengthy nonsense about Zeta's powers being limited, but they sure didn't work that way when Zeta was fighting Watchdog and Harper Mace.

That's all have to say.
Official Member of the Fall of Gods RP Council
Conservative Morality wrote:When you call Bieber feminine, you insult all women.

Agadar wrote:Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Khadgar wrote:Oddly enough, a lot of people who are plotting to harm other people aren't really interested in legal niceties.
Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook
Jedi8246 is a far-right social libertarian. He is also a non-interventionist and somewhat culturally conservative. Jedi8246's scores (from 0 to 10):
Economic issues: +9.53 right
Social issues: -7.91 libertarian
Foreign policy: -7.32 non-interventionist
Cultural identification: +0.92 conservative

The Alice in Wondeland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alice in Wondeland » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:27 am

PROPOSAL: Whenever a member of this RP is going to be away seven days or longer, another member is automatically granted the right to control IC actions the member who's away. This is also true if a member leaves but doesn't tell anyone how long he or she is going to be away, and is away for a minimum of seven days from the time of his or her last posting, and is also true if a member is lingering, but not posting when he or she should. This Proposal shall also be Retroactive for all posters currently away or not posting as of the time of the posting of this proposal and its final acceptance by the FoG council.

Aye: Warhaven.
Nay:
Abstain:

Would there be be a way to get your character beck after you've lost it, say in cases of an unavoidable absence?
I am the Rose hidden in the Thorns. Listen to my call, for the is what summons either Heaven or Hell.
Sing to me one song for joy and one for redemption and whatever's in between that I call my own
"Uggg......"
"Why did you say that?"
"Tis time for MATH...."
"But Math is fun?"
"Not this early in the morning"
"It's five in the Afternoo-"
"Shut up!" *hurls axe*
" You missed"
*throws table*
"You missed again"
*Shoots in the face*
*is dead*

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:33 am

It's an autoborrow thing. Say you leave unavoidable for, oh, a month. You've had a run in with the law. Once you've gotten everything cleared up, (It was a misunderstanding on their part after all), and come back their automatically yours again. Same as if you'd said you were going on vacation to the center of the Bermuda Triangle for a couple weeks and gave, oh, we'll say Loli, permission to use your characters while your away so the story could move along. You come back, their automatically yours again.

The Alice in Wondeland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alice in Wondeland » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:37 am

Warhaven wrote:It's an autoborrow thing. Say you leave unavoidable for, oh, a month. You've had a run in with the law. Once you've gotten everything cleared up, (It was a misunderstanding on their part after all), and come back their automatically yours again. Same as if you'd said you were going on vacation to the center of the Bermuda Triangle for a couple weeks and gave, oh, we'll say Loli, permission to use your characters while your away so the story could move along. You come back, their automatically yours again.

OK, You know it WAS a misunderstanding on their part. It was powered sugar on my nose, there was a large doughnut party!
Last edited by The Alice in Wondeland on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Rose hidden in the Thorns. Listen to my call, for the is what summons either Heaven or Hell.
Sing to me one song for joy and one for redemption and whatever's in between that I call my own
"Uggg......"
"Why did you say that?"
"Tis time for MATH...."
"But Math is fun?"
"Not this early in the morning"
"It's five in the Afternoo-"
"Shut up!" *hurls axe*
" You missed"
*throws table*
"You missed again"
*Shoots in the face*
*is dead*

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:35 am

Aye: Warhaven, Agadar
Nay:
Abstain:

It would be good to have something like this in place.

Glad you posted, Jedi.

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:07 am

Aye: Warhaven, Agadar
Nay:Jedi8246
Abstain:

I'm not a fan of this idea. I'd rather people's characters not get taken over unless they're gone for a longer period of time. Perhaps closer to 14 days.
Conservative Morality wrote:When you call Bieber feminine, you insult all women.

Agadar wrote:Next thing you know, God turns out to be some weird green space monster with tentacles and a monocle.

Khadgar wrote:Oddly enough, a lot of people who are plotting to harm other people aren't really interested in legal niceties.
Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook
Jedi8246 is a far-right social libertarian. He is also a non-interventionist and somewhat culturally conservative. Jedi8246's scores (from 0 to 10):

Earth Sphere Coalition
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

The Fall of Gods Book I, Chapter II: OOC Thread (CLOSED)

Postby Earth Sphere Coalition » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:08 am

Aye: Warhaven, Agadar, ESC
Nay:Jedi8246
Abstain:

You want my input? We need this since this has happened before and it has stalled the RP, killing any momentum we built up. So right now, since Jedi had returned that leaves Loli's characters. I suggest Chaos take them over or he should get Loli on and posting by giving him a beatdown.
Official Council Member and Russian BAMF of Fall of Gods RP
Jacob Alexander King, Archon of the Earth Sphere Coalition and Overlord of Western Quootar
Earth Sphere Coalition Factbook
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 5

Karaig
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Karaig » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:PROPOSAL: Whenever a member of this RP is going to be away seven days or longer, another member is automatically granted the right to control IC actions the member who's away. This is also true if a member leaves but doesn't tell anyone how long he or she is going to be away, and is away for a minimum of seven days from the time of his or her last posting, and is also true if a member is lingering, but not posting when he or she should. This Proposal shall also be Retroactive for all posters currently away or not posting as of the time of the posting of this proposal and its final acceptance by the FoG council.

Nay:Jedi8246 Karaig
Abstain:

You want my input? We need this since this has happened before and it has stalled the RP, killing any momentum we built up. So right now, since Jedi had returned that leaves Loli's characters. I suggest Chaos take them over or he should get Loli on and posting by giving him a beatdown.

I've been lurking, waiting for this event to end so I can get to business as this little fight has no value to SPECTRE. regardless, I support Jedi's idea: 14 days. Though it is still slow, many people like myself take week long holidays. Ergo, if I came back from vacation and found out my guys ended up dead in a Singapore whorehouse, I'd be a little annoyed.
Fear can motivate a man to do many things, but respect can dictate his every action.
A captain deals in tactics. A colonel deals in strategy. A general deals in logistics.

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:52 am

Karaig wrote:
Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:PROPOSAL: Whenever a member of this RP is going to be away seven days or longer, another member is automatically granted the right to control IC actions the member who's away. This is also true if a member leaves but doesn't tell anyone how long he or she is going to be away, and is away for a minimum of seven days from the time of his or her last posting, and is also true if a member is lingering, but not posting when he or she should. This Proposal shall also be Retroactive for all posters currently away or not posting as of the time of the posting of this proposal and its final acceptance by the FoG council.

Abstain:

I've been lurking, waiting for this event to end so I can get to business as this little fight has no value to SPECTRE. regardless, I support Jedi's idea: 14 days. Though it is still slow, many people like myself take week long holidays. Ergo, if I came back from vacation and found out my guys ended up dead in a Singapore whorehouse, I'd be a little annoyed.

I don't agree with the 14 days instead of 7 days, but I do retract my aye and instead vote abstain until the following addition has been made to the proposal:

Said other member is chosen by a majority vote of the remaining council. Said other member does not have permission to kill off the characters or have them undergo significant character development and will only be controlled if absolutely necessary, in order to maintain the characters' status quo as much as possible. As soon as the original owner has returned, control over his characters is given back to him and the one who controlled those characters in his absence is responsible for filling him in with what happened to his characters.

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:09 am

Karaig wrote:

ADDENDUM:
Said other member is chosen by a majority vote of the remaining council. Said other member does not have permission to kill off the characters or have them undergo significant character development and will only be controlled if absolutely necessary, in order to maintain the characters' status quo as much as possible. As soon as the original owner has returned, control over his characters is given back to him and the one who controlled those characters in his absence is responsible for filling him in with what happened to his characters.

Abstain:

I thought that was impliued, but alright.

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:38 am

ADDENDUM:

Aye: Warhaven, Agadar, Jedi8246
Nay:
Abstain:

Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook

Apostledom of chaos
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Apostledom of chaos » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Karaig wrote:I've been lurking, waiting for this event to end so I can get to business as this little fight has no value to SPECTRE. regardless, I support Jedi's idea: 14 days. Though it is still slow, many people like myself take week long holidays. Ergo, if I came back from vacation and found out my guys ended up dead in a Singapore whorehouse, I'd be a little annoyed.

Though I believe that 14 days is to long, I also believe that one week is a tad to short. I would suggest closer to around 8 or 9 days.

Earth Sphere Coalition wrote:You want my input? We need this since this has happened before and it has stalled the RP, killing any momentum we built up. So right now, since Jedi had returned that leaves Loli's characters. I suggest Chaos take them over or he should get Loli on and posting by giving him a beatdown.

I'm afraid that I can't and wont do that. Quite frankly he just has too much going on and not enough planned out. He also knows that he has until the end of tomorrow (in other words, 11:59 PM 8/8/2012) to post before I drop his ass and get my shit moving on my own.
Last edited by Apostledom of chaos on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time goes on.' - Neil deGrasse Tyson

I am Chaos, Killer of threads.

The jury is currently out, it has been out for a VERY long time and no, I don't expect it back any time soon.

Laughing Peninsula
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Laughing Peninsula » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:09 am

Dear Group Journal,

The flask and bed warmer are angry at me again, it seems my laziness and procrastination has gotten the better of me once again and I once more have it down to the wire once more!

I guess I should put something on the Wall of zee plot, and I think I have... YES, IT MAGICALLY APPEARED!

Either way, I think I am going to have to sleep on the couch again...

My camp buddy Jedi never replied to my question about America, it made me sad, I just had to make an assumption... Though another question creeps into my mind... Why does no one know it is Thanksgiving? I mean In universe the US Thanksgiving would be today, It is just strange how those affiliated with the USNA/ In it haven't brought it up

I realize the others have left this very odd and confusing time of the OOC, and after using Chaos' matches to burn down where ever we were, as well as this book and his recording device... not sure how you are reading thi- LOOK, A PLANK OF WOOD
Last edited by Laughing Peninsula on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hello, I am the Official Dig-master, Kind of Editor of the Trope Page,
The (Retired) Troll, and Unofficial Councilman of FoG.

The Gospel of LoL will never vanish
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77

Jedi8246
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi8246 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Sorry Lol, I'll get to it. As for the Thanksgiving thing, all the US officials are doing Thanksgivng. Well else would there be no US field command? The USNA would never normally send troops to placed in charge of Sebastian without a second opinion.

Rank #87 in World Cup
Factbook

Laughing Peninsula
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Laughing Peninsula » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Christ, you people scared off by me posting? It so earth shattering that it just warped your mind and melted your eyes?

*sigh* So alone...

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:53 pm

hen did you post?

Laughing Peninsula
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Laughing Peninsula » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Warhaven wrote:hen did you post?

3:01 yesterday morning

I can not sleep, my mind is in turmoil and fear, my mind set of a Theosophist clashing with my scientific mind over the finite nature of all things, knowing in my heart I will one day close my eyes and never open them again, and fearing the eternal blackness of death, and the death of all things in entropy... I am afraid, I need to take my mind off it...

Anyone out there?... Hello?...

Attempting a sit through of a British romp and a dose of sleeping medication to get through the night, the issue will persist tomorrow, looking for superior way to distract myself when the time comes

I also ask for Warhaven to hold on the whisking Louis way, Chaos wishes to do one little bit before Louis is cast off
Last edited by Laughing Peninsula on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Warhaven
Postmaster of the Fleet

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warhaven » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:23 am

And why didn't you mention this before I posted? You know full well how long I've been waiting to move on with this, and you pull out a last minute surprise like this?

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:45 am

LoLi, are you high?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates