NATION

PASSWORD

Ancient World Hit Festival Webpage

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Stage and green room to be revealed on this post

To be revealed on February 1

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Three more comebacks, and one more début for WHF7!

Flag of Ko-oren

K Music Channel 1, submitted an application to become an official WHF broadcaster for Ko-oren. Ko-oren took part on the first edition of the World Hit Festival and we hadn't seen them since then. This time, they are coming back after some talks between the EMM (Euskirribakondaran Ministry of Music, Overseer of this contest), the WHFBA Executive Board (The World Hit Festival Broadcasting Association) and K Music Channel 1. They have internally selected Elektrona to sing her English and Mandarin-language pop/electronic song "World Bubble". They expect to do a lot better than the 14th position (45 points) that they achieved in the Saintrabinian stage.

Flag of Astrolinium

Astrolinium might be remembered as the most succesful débutant (apart from Khanastan) in the World Hit Festival history. Their first (and until yesterday, only) participation was on WHF3. "Fax Affectus" by Titania Caspian, a ballad sung in Latin and English; came 3rd in the first semifinal with 23 points. After that, they earned 27 points (5 more than the runner-up) in the final, thus, becoming winners of WHF3 in the Olexandrean stage. Since then, they had not participate.

After several talks between the WHFBA EB (Executive Board), EMM and REIA-TV1 (The broadcaster from Astrolinium), they have decided to comeback. An internal selection was the responsible for the appointment of Carolus Mariano as their entrant. He'll sing in Latin, a pop song that is yet to be revealed.

Flag of Calimera

Unión 3, the Calimeran broadcaster decided to mark the comeback of Calimera to the World Hit Festival. Sofia Anastasia Rocío was selected internally to represent Calimera with her pop song "Como Romeo y Guilietta". The song has lyrics in Spanish, in the accent of the Rio de la Plata or rioplatense (the accent of the Province of Buenos Aires and the country of Uruguay).

Calimera, like Astrolinium, just participated on WHF3. Francisca Bortelli-Fernandes with the song "Vive Tu Sueño" came 2nd in the Second Semifinal with 30 points. But in the final, they received 13 points thus descending to the 9th place. They expect to convince everyone with Sofia's song, and we hope the best for them in the stage of Harrikes.

Flag of Polkopia

Polkopia has never participated in the WHF, until now... Nikolai Fernsov Television has applied to be a member of the WHF Family. They internally selected Igor Haarnet & Sofia Vonn to represent them in the Euskirribakondaran stage with a pop song in Russian. The title is Глубоко Внутри (Gluboko Vnutri - Deep Within), and they want to have a warm welcome and a good position!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Yergi P'arratony (Երգի Փառատոնը)... Heat 3 results!

The Արծախիանի Հանրային Հեռուստաընկերություն (Artsakhiani Hanrayin Herrustaynkerut’yun, Public Television of Artsakhestan) just finished the 3rd heat of "Երգի Փառատոնը" (Yergi P'arratony) or Song Festival. The winner of this 3nd heat will join Helene Törde and Aysel Tsivishnili (winners of the 2nd heat) in the final, in which, the 4 singers will perform the song "Didn't Even Say Goodbye" (Written by Arto Kaprelyan and Florent Boshnjaku). The song lyrics are being modified, as it was announced today that due to the various platforms by fans to change the song into Armenian, the song will be mostly in Armenian with a few words in English. The title will be "Նա չի ասել Տեսուտա" (Na Ch'i Asel Suta), which is translated as "He Didn't Say Bye".

On the heats, the artists would sing a Eurovision-song on Monday, a WHF-song on Tuesday, an Artsakhiani song on Wednesday, an English-language song on Thursday, and a free-themed song on Friday. Throughout each heat (a week) the public would vote on the best artist, and on each heat there would be one winner. Don't remember the melody? Hear it here.

The third heat has already finished, and the participants were:

*Gulim Shavernadze
*André Kaprelyan
*Dan Heregudyan
*Petro Ter-Bedrossyan
*Juan de los Caños (From Puerto Candelaria)
*Nini Sherdunvadili
*Jane Ordesson
*Ernesto Handurigú (From Ebrorendonostia)
*Anush Kilikyan
*Sargis Menetrosyan

The winner was....
Dan Heregudyan from Kutaimi, Artsakhestan!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Astrolinium Update

Logo of the show that broadcasted this update (Nuntium Vespertium - Evening News)

REIA-TV1 has sent us a bit of the opinions of Astrolinium on their entry, and some information you might find useful, check it out!

Romeus: Good evening, Astrolinium, and welcome to REIA-TV1 Evening News, brought to you by the Astrolinium Herald-Internationale. Today, His Majesty the King and local musical sensation Carolus Frontus Mariano announced that Astrolinium will once again be participating in the prestigious World Hit Festival. I'm sure everyone remembers Astrolinium's first and last entry, when Titania Caspian brought home first place with her lovely voice. What do you think, Juliana, can we pull it off again?

Juliana: We'll just have to see, Romeus. (laughter) In the press release from the Royal Villa, the King stated that he was "excited" about our entrant and "optimistic" about our chances this year. As you know, just a few months ago, Carolus was nothing more than a peon working at Milliarum Motors until a video of his singing was discovered on YouTube by a record executive from Eugepae, securing him a lucrative singing contract.

Romeus: It's really quite amazing to see how far he's come from a menial laborer all the way now to representing Astrolinium on the international stage.

Juliana: It really is. Oh, hang on, we've got a big story just now in. Carolus Mariano has just announced his song selection for the World Hit Festival: he will be performing a work entitled "Carmen Maximi", or "The Song of Maximus", based off the exploits of the semi-legendary hero Gullielmus Naso Maximus, who fought as the head of the small Astrolinian force that participated in the War of 1906 between Aelium and Eugepae, fighting on the side of Aelium. He has stated the genre will be the traditional Astrolinian Folk Ballad.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Festivali di Melodi Mediterranika

Logo of the Mediterran Final

The Director of the RTM, Jordan Hilskraft, announces that, "We will not release the names of the songs whose melodies have been chosen, but we will release a Mediterran translation of the name of the original song". This is done in order to give the world a preview of what the Mediterran language is like. RTM gave us the final list of the melodies participating, those are here!

1. Så Gud
2. Oliver
3. Yo-Yo
4. Tanase
5. Ven Du Sagh Mik Das Du Löf Mik
6. Dë Illusija di nos Tötinyrën
7. Kåttën av en Starma Vind
8. En Minutën vit Du
9. Charlie Chaplin
10. Est Löf Lätten Nos Ilamën
11. La, La, La
12. Du Sagh Mik
13. Yo-Yo
14. Gud Gëtarën
15. Dë Tempëra Mustë Bi Gud Där
16. Gabej
17. Lät Det Swingë
18. Johnny Blue
19. Ik ben Sijën at dë Blu Samma
20. De Örsten Dät de Löf
21. Libera
22. För Alle Kir Sang
23. Dansa Balladë
24. Införghatavën

The recap video is here, you might want to check it out and vote. The rules for filling the 'poll' is at the end of the video, after all the songs. Each song preview lasts for 30 seconds. You'll also get to know the actual artist the actual song title. A blackout on Sunday lasted for over 5 hours, leaving millions on Mediterränea Island (where Monterra, Mediterra's capital, is located) powerless... due to the blackout, the Mediterran Melody Festival has been postponed to Friday.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:12 pm

Meet Croí A Anam!

Members of the Band

LCS (Líonra Craolacháin Sírón) gave us an interview conducted by Úna Mahoney on "Good Morning Syreoinian". She met with Marcus Henry, Jay Andrews, Rían Ó Connairre, Barry Kenneth and Jonny Hara. Otherwise known as Croí a Anam, Syreoinian's Entry to World Hit Festival... Read it here:

Úna: Nice to see you here buachaillí, now tell me, How does it feel to be representing Syreoinian?
Marcus: It feels.....weird! I mean a few months ago we were playing bars and pubs and now we'll be performing on a world stage....It's crazy to think about it!
Úna: I see. So in your audition for Comortas Ceól, Brian Hanson, one of the judges of course, told you that you may "not be good enough" How'd that make you feel?
Jonny: That was a hard blow, like really hard like. We were basically told we weren't good enough to do what we love like, so from that moment on like, we vowed that we would prove one of the greatest musical acts of Syreoinian, that he was wrong about us, like.
Úna: Like yeah, I get that like, yeah like (Laughs)
Jonny: Are you mocking me? (Laughs)
Úna: Yes, yes I am. Moving on, Could you give us a hint as to what Instruments you will play?
Barry: Absolutely not!
Marcus: LCS won't let us tell anyone about the song, instruments or otherwise.
Jay: All we can say is that Marcus will be playing his good ol' guitar. He named it Stringers (Laughs)
Marcus: Yeah but......
Úna: Are you blushing? (They all Laugh) Rían, you've been awful quite, tell us who are fearing most in the competition?
Rían: I'd imagine Bree Smyth will be one to beat. She has had a lot of hype around her and she will definitely live up to it. And sure ya' know like Totó will do very well I think and hopefully we can be up there to.
Úna: Do you know Ronan Connelly?
Barry: Actually Jay is great friends with Ronan
Jay: Yeah, I've known Ronan since I was a kid, we had a great time jammin' in my dad's basement and I knew he would make it someday. I was gutted when he came second last, he was also upset. He actually is working on an album so that will be out soon. He's gonna kill me for saying that!
Jonny: Jay is the reason Ronan auditioned for Comortas Ceól! He said he'd never talk to him again if he didn't! (All laugh)
Úna: Well there you have it, Croí a Anam are confident, and our last entrant, Ronan Connelly is working on an album! That's it from us today, my thanks to Marcus, Jay, Barry, Jonny and Rían. Thanks to you all for tuning in. We're all hoping Croí a Anam can bring Syreoinian success and we wish them all the best.

Slán go Fóil agus Go raibh maith agat. (Slán go Fóil and Thank You)

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Samuraikoku comes back! Reythan débuts

Logo of the broadcaster of Samuraikoku

The Môri Broadcasting Network, after holding several talks with the WHFBA Executive Board and the EMM, has announced the comeback of Samuraikoku. They've internally selected Tsuyoi Tamashī with his heavy-metal-ballad song "Dōro E No Shōtai (道路への招待)" which is translated as 'Road Invitation'. Although the title is in Japanese, the official language of Samuraikoku, the song is in English.

Flag of Reythan

Trahvol (Which means 'To Drink') was the winning artist of Vox Populi, the Reytha National Final. Their song "Mehgasd Vohkh" (Translated as 'Give Me Vodka'), is a trash metal/folk metal combination, with lyrics in Reytha. The Reythan Broadcasting Syndicate (RBS) celebrated the national final on January 21; after receiving clearance from the EMM and the WHFBA to enter the contest. Reythan represents the 28th participant country in the WHF.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:34 pm

WHF7 Fifth Update

Karolina Etséu, one of the hosts

OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS (28)
Albertasby - Katie Sherlock - "Black and Blue"
Amekikia - Jibaro Selman - "No Bars, No Freedom"
Artsakhestan - TBD through Yergi P'arratony - "Na Ch'i Asel Suta" (He Did Not Say Bye)
Astrolinium - Carolus Mariano - "Carmen Maximi" (The Song of Maximus)
Calimera - Sofía Anastasia Rocío - "Como Romeo y Guiliett" (Like Romeo and Juliette)
Chenkorya - Lilavati - "Purple Smoke"
Chinese Regions - CyberThree - "It's Getting Hotter"
Crolacia - Erina Garlan - "Tragedy"
Dan Ho Me (Dahomey) - Adanech Debbo - "Spieël Van Liefde" (Mirror of Love)
Euskirribakondara - Totó - "Ngoma Ya Moyo Wanga" (The Drums of my Heart)
Ipeland - Dim Parkio - "Wedi Torri i Lawr" (Broken Down)
Ko-oren - Elektrona - "World Bubble"
Marcheria - Lost Hero ft. Erica Blumenthal - "The Freedom Of The Skies"
Mediterra - TBD through Festival di Melodi Mediterranika
Megadia - TBD through a National Final
Monlyuxeburga - Dusty Ones - "Toast In The Wind"
Motokata - LAZY - "Realize"
Polkopia - Igor Haarnet & Sofia Vonn - "Gluboko Vnutri" (Deep Within)
Phoenigetuzstha - Harkah Qartaj - "Ahlbyahbibi" (My Love)
Reythan - Trahvol - "Mehgasd Vohkh" (Give Me Vodka)
Saintrabina - Cynthia Hebanova - "Paranormal Phenomenon"
Samuraikoku - Tsuyoi Tamashī - "Dōro E No Shōtai (道路への招待)" (Road Invitation)
Soviet Canuckistan - Angry Peaches - "Revolution"
Syreoinian - Croí a anam - "Hearts"
Thatius - Philip Nielsen - "Sie spricht meine Sprache" (She Speaks My Language)
the Kiaser Colonies - The Weir - "I'm Running"
Valcluse - Les Saifs - "Play My Game"
Wilfred Test - Bree Smyth - "That's Just Me"

PROSPECT PARTICIPANTS (3)
Fomer Soviet Gaymenia
Inkarzikan
The Araucania

INTERESTING FACTS
* The CBU (Chenkoryan Broadcasting Union) has released various news on their twitter account. Check them out!

* Katie Sherlock has been touring Albertasby, other places in Rushmore, Euskirribakondara, Artsakhestan and Monlyuxeburga with her entry, and has received quite positive feedback. The tour was a joint one between her and Emmeline LeTrente (Albertasby's previous WHF contestant) and Homage (the dropped act) by Sherlock's request. Many music experts have backed the song, with people such as Hannah Olva (Winner of NS X Factor, Judge on 2 and 3 and WV 20 entrant) and Sophie-Lauren Clews (WV 19 entrant; coming 7th, and judge on NS X Factor 1) saying that it would take the contest by storm. Euskal fanpages are predicting another top 5.

* The final stage model will be presented on February 1. The green room design will be presented on February 5, during the meeting of the Heads of the Delegations.

* Totó's preview video will be released on February 5.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

Testian Commentators Announced

Gemma Loveson

After a short while of deliberation, Network 1 and the National Delegation has chosen Gemma Loveson, 15, and Jason Edwards, 21 to commentate WHF7! Gemma Loveson is an actress well known for playing Sinead Richardson in 'Little Town' while Jason is a full-time music critic. Pk. Richard Wright explains the choices: 'We wanted one teenager on the team and who better then Gemma Loveson, she's appeared in several films and TV shows, and she loves music from around the world. Jason stood out for us, he had a great charisma and is a generally nice person to be around.' You can hear them giving their opinions on the official WHF website and on Network 1 during WHF7!

Geo Mosa managed to talk to Gemma between scenes in 'Little Town':

Geo: Hello Gemma!
Gemma: Hi!
Geo: What's it like being a commentator in WHF7?
Gemma: I love it! I've met most of the Testian stars in it and it seems a great thing to being a part of.
Geo: Do you think your age gives you an advantage, or is it a problem?
Gemma: I think it will be a big help, Jason, as good as he is, will be talking about the music melodies and things like that, while I will be talking about what the teenage girls at home, who are the ones voting, will like. It's all about the fans!

You can also check out the Testian Blog about WHF... here.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 am

Festival di Melodi Mediterranika... Results!

Flag of Mediterra

A few hours ago, the final of the FMM (Mediterran National Final) took place. The original scheduled date was 27 January, but a severe blackout was caused by damage to the power plant that supplies electricity to the whole island after a recent thunderstorm. This blackout affected many events that were scheduled to take place this week. (For the full news report go to this place).

It was an exciting event that featured 24 melodies:

1. Så Gud
2. Oliver
3. Yo-Yo
4. Tanase
5. Ven Du Sagh Mik Das Du Löf Mik
6. Dë Illusija di nos Tötinyrën
7. Kåttën av en Starma Vind
8. En Minutën vit Du
9. Charlie Chaplin
10. Est Löf Lätten Nos Ilamën
11. La, La, La
12. Du Sagh Mik
13. Yo-Yo
14. Gud Gëtarën
15. Dë Tempëra Mustë Bi Gud Där
16. Gabëj
17. Lät Det Swingë
18. Johnny Blue
19. Ik ben Sijën ätta dë Blu Samma
20. De Örsten Dät di Löf
21. Libera
22. För Alle Kir Sang
23. Dansa Balladë
24. Införghatavën

The full results are HERE. With 23 points the winner is???

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 am

Yergi P'arratony (Երգի Փառատոնը)... Heat 4 results!

The Արծախիանի Հանրային Հեռուստաընկերություն (Artsakhiani Hanrayin Herrustaynkerut’yun, Public Television of Artsakhestan) finished the 4th (and last) heat of "Երգի Փառատոնը" (Yergi P'arratony) or Song Festival last Friday. Due to technical problems with our website, the results were only possible to be announced today... Unless you've seen the Artsakhiani fanpages.

The winner of this 4th heat will join Helene Törde, Aysel Tsivishnili and Dan Heregudyan (winners of the past heats) in the final, in which, the 4 singers will perform the song "Didn't Even Say Goodbye" (Written by Arto Kaprelyan and Florent Boshnjaku). The song lyrics were finished for the song "Նա չի ասել Տեսուտա" (Na Ch'i Asel Suta), which is translated as "He Didn't Say Bye".

On the heats, the artists would sing a Eurovision-song on Monday, a WHF-song on Tuesday, an Artsakhiani song on Wednesday, an English-language song on Thursday, and a free-themed song on Friday. Throughout each heat (a week) the public would vote on the best artist, and on each heat there would be one winner. Don't remember the melody? Hear it here. This song will be sung by the four finalists next friday (3 February), and televoting plus juries will choose the Artsakhiani representant for WHF7.

In the fourth heat the participants were:

*Avednaghov Tchakmajian
*Mkrtum Enneyan
*Urusham Odabashyan
*Anushavan Magaryan
*Hamavor Finigyan
*Ovsanna Zorthyan
*Vanuhi Der Boghossian
*Jill Amurvanyan
*Siro Duo
*The Invinicibles

The winner was....
Siro Duo from Stepanarvashat, Artsakhestan!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Vox Populi again, Trahvol out

Flag of Reythan

RBS, the Reytha broadcaster, announced today that Trahvol, the original entrants selected to represent Reythan at WHF7, have withdrawn, due to unforeseen circumstances involving the lead vocalist's, Vas Drag, stage dive during a small concert. He is in the hospital with a broken nose and a bruised jaw, and as such he cannot preform. The band altogether decided to drop out to assist Vas through his recovery.

Therefore, amidst a big rush, RBS organized a second Vox Populi (The Reytha national final, a survey) and the replacing entrants will be:

Artist: Vault
Song: Blood Feud
Genre: Trash Metal
Language: English

We hope the best for Trahvol, and we give our good-luck wishes to Vault. Maybe in the future Trahvol will come back to WHF!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Commentators announced for Albertasby

Image Image
Emma Stone and Joey Brown

ABA (Albertasbian Broadcasting Association) announced today the commentary team for Albertasby's coverage of WHF7... It's a mixed duo! Emma Stone is a radio presenter on the ABA's leading radio station; Radio Albertasby. She is well known for her "unusual" way of interviewing celebrities (asking the public for phrases to try and slip into her interviews), and also for her humorous way of analysing songs and performances. Whilst Joey Brown is a model and television personality who is best known for appearing on Albertasbian docu-drama "Swantana's Finest". As well as this, he is also a budding comedian, and has a sell out stand up tour!
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Commentators for Euskirribakondara

Armán Vonok

Samira Kareli

The duo that will give the Euskirribakondaran comment about WHF7 has been revealed. Both are well-known names... Samira Kareli, is the best-selling Euskirribakondaran artist. She achieved a 3rd place in WHF4 with "Astuarmana" (Whose rhythm would later become the rhythm of the National Anthem of Euskirribakondara), she works as a judge and mentor in the Third Season of the NS X-Factor, and she has plans to go to Euskal-Musika3, in order to comeback to the WHF and/or début on WorldVision. It is rumoured that she will also have a featured performance on the Harrikes stage. She will comment next to Armán Vonok.

Armán Vonok has been the commentator of EUS, since WHF4. He is a recognized voice, and he always has a critical opinion of each entry. His predictions generally have been true, and he has a wide knowledge of music and performance techniques.

They will both speak in Euskal during the show and its broadcast on EUSK1. However, they will prepare a recording in Aranese, Armenian, Sirbadian, Euskal Arabic, Bantulu, Mikunan, Hinga, Taloan and Lillamut; for the respective regional broadcasters of Euskirribakondara.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Yergi P'arratony (Երգի Փառատոնը) ends!

Logo of the Artsakhiani Broadcaster

The Արծախիանի Հանրային Հեռուստաընկերություն (Artsakhiani Hanrayin Herrustaynkerut’yun, Public Television of Artsakhestan) just finished hosting the final of the Yergi P'arratony, and the Artsakhiani representative for the World Hit Festival was selected by the public and the jury of AHH. Today, they sang twice: the song that they considered was their best performance at Yergi P'arratony; and ""Նա չի ասել Տեսուտա" (Na Ch'i Asel Suta)", the song that will represent Artsakhestan on the stage of Harrikes (Written by Arto Kaprelyan and Florent Boshnjaku) and translated as "He Didn't Say Bye". The melody of the song is here.

Check out a brief bio of the four finalists:

Helene Törde

Born as Helene Sigmunddóttir Törde in Hansflakken, a little town in the Lillamut Province of Euskirribakondara, on February 3 1980, she's been always into music. Her father worked as an artist that used to play on different bars and ski resorts near of their hometown, until he decided to retire and start writing. Currently, his latest book is a best-seller! Her mother is an school teacher, and since Helene was 8 years old, she's been teaching her how to sing. Helene's voice is described as "incredible", and she has been coached by Samira Kareli on the latest months, after she participated on Misija, the Euskal selection for the NS X-Factor.

She presented tonight "La Voix" and "Na Ch'i Asel Suta".

Aysel Tsivishnili

Aysel Tsivishnili comes from a family of Kilikian businessman of Georgian ascendence. She was born in the second-largest city of Artsakhestan, Kilikia, on September 10, 1990. She started a degree on Law & Socio-Politics 4 years ago, but she decided to take a little break. She turned out to appear on Yergi P'arratony, and she has advanced until now! She has never recorded an album, but her only single, "Mgzavrebi" (Passengers), has been praised by music critics all over the country. She combines her vocal skills with a great show on-stage and a heart-warming charisma.

She presented tonight "Drip Drop" and "Na Ch'i Asel Suta".

Dan Heregudyan

Kutaimi is a city on the east of Artsakhestan, a place known by its vineyards and koniak industries. The most famous food of Artsakhestan also comes from this "tiny place of heaven", as it is commonly described. Dan entered into the music industry by studying Music Production on the School of Arts of Kutaimi; but after being in that atmosphere, he decided he'd try singing. He had been singing in different events around Eastern Artsakhestan until he decided to audition for the Yergi P'arratony, and he's been doing well since then! He plans to release an album just after WHF7, and he already said that he'll try for the next Yergi P'arratony is well. Being 35 years old, he expects to live the 36th at its full!

He presented tonight "Crossroads" and "Na Ch'i Asel Suta".

Siro Duo

Ara Tchakmajian and Lili Hovhannisyan are carrying the flag of Stepanarvashat, the Artsakhiani capital. They became "Siro Duo" a year ago, and they've released one studio album since then. Ara was born in Goreshnadarkalumianin, a little town near Stepanarvashat, on July 5 1986. He is a pilot that works for Arar-Air, the second largest airline of Artsakhestan. He met Lili on a flight from Kilikia to Harrikes, and they've been dating since then (2 years ago). Lili has a degree on Psychology, and she has been part of the Fine Arts Academy of Artsakhestan since 2008. There, they both had been training until they released their album and they auditioned for Yergi P'arratony. They have similar voices, that work together in a very interesting way.

They presented tonight "You're The One That I Want" and "Na Ch'i Asel Suta".

And the winner is....

Helene Törde

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Update from Astrolinium!

Logo from Nuntium Vespertinum or "Evening News"

We received an update from Astrolinium, where they spoke to Carolus Mariano, the entrant from Astrolinium... And here's the interview for all the international audience:

(The REIA-TV1 jingle plays)
Romeus: Hi, and welcome to a special edition of the Evening News. I'm Romeus Calvinus...
Juliana: And I'm Juliana Orienta. Today...
Romeus: (interrupting) Today, Juliana and I are joined in the studio by Carolus Mariano, Astrolinium's choice for World Hit Festival Seven, here to talk about himself and his song choice.
(Carolus waves)
Juliana: So, Carolus, I understand you've just finished writing the song?
Carolus: Indeed, Juliana, I have. I'm really pleased with the result, and I think the world will be too. We've got a neat surprise or two up our sleeve that I don't think anyone's ever done before.
Romeus: Any chance you'll tell us what those are?
Carolus: (forced smiling, shaking his head) Sorry, as much as I'd love to, it's a surprise.
Juliana: Alright then, why don't you tell us a bit about the song, then, for
Romeus: (Interrupting) So, Carolus, tell us a bit about Astrolinian Folk Ballad form, for those of us who may not be as knowledgeable about the subject as you.
Carolus: Ah, well, uh... it feels very folksy, and... (long pause) okay, I think I know what to say now. The form is very old. It begins with a rather long instrumental introduction, often with a plucked string instrument, like the guitar. Then it alternates between strains of the "main harmony" and strains taken from the intro, perhaps with some added flair. Over this, the singer (in times past, a bard) will, uh, recite a poem detailing the subject's exploits. Usually, this can go on for up to an hour, but I think my song will come out to about fourish minutes. Truncating it quite a bit. Anyhow, this is recited in a style reminiscent of spoken word or even rap. Then there will be a "C" section, a trio if you will, where something changes in the way the song goes - usually, this is where people throw in surprises. Then it ends, very often on either a hopeful or a plaintive note.
Juliana: How very interesting. I didn't know all that, and I was born here.
Romeus: (aside) She doesn't know a lot of things.
(Juliana, having heard this, slaps him playfully)
Juliana: (muttered) At least I have a fashion sense. (louder) So Carolus, about your choice to use a form that involves spoken word. It's my understanding that you have a minor speech impediment. How do you think that will affect it?
Carolus: Well, as I'm sure you've noticed, I do have a bit of trouble with my s's and h's, and sometimes r's. I'm not a great enunciator, though I like to think of myself as eloquent. This tends to disappear when I sing, but I felt like this festival really needs the Folk Ballad form, despite the speaking. Besides, I've been pursuing therapy for it. Anyhow, the folk ballad, it's our nation's signature style, and, well, last time we went to the Festival, we got noticed on the international stage. This time, we have to get noticed again and prove that it wasn't a fluke. And what better way to do that than with a type of song that is in-your-face Astrolinian?
(Juliana begins to speak, but is again interrupted by Romeus)
Romeus: Indeed. I-
Juliana: Shut up, Romeus.
Romeus: What?
Juliana: I said shut up, you pig. It's my goddamn turn to talk.
Romeus: No, it's not.
Juliana: First you hog the covers, now you hog the airtime! Classic Romeus Calvinus, thinks only about himself.
Carolus: Ahem? Is this really the...
Juliana: Don't even get involved here, buddy. You didn't go through the agony of sleeping with the man, only to wake up and find he'd left in the middle of the night. To go where? MALSITAR, of all places, and to do what? Putz around at a brothel! Why, I oughtta...
Romeus: Juliana, we're still on...
(Juliana punches Romeus and the camera suddenly cuts off. The sound of fighting can be heard even though the screen is dark, but soon that too cuts off. The REIA-TV1 jingle plays.)
Big Booming Narrator Voice: Join us throughout the month of February to see World Hit Festival 7 broadcast to the commentary of Romeus Calvinus and Juliana Orienta, assuming they still have their jobs!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Mediterran Artist Announced

Leona

Festival di Melodi Mediterranika ended a few days ago, achieving high viewing figures in Mediterra; and something average on Euskirribakondara, where it was also broadcasted. Leona is now the official Mediterran debuting entrant! The song (that will be made according to this rhythm) is called "Förajna" (which means 'Forever' in Mediterran). The lyricist was Allica Ilham, and the composer was Leo Hausfesst. The entry will feature the orchestra, conduced by Leo Hausfesst himself!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Harkah Qartaj still promoting their entry

Harkah Qartaj, on a casual look

Harkah Qartaj today had an interview with the Phoenigetz magazine 'Leppi' to promote their World Hit Festival 7 entry 'Ahlbyahbibi'. The girls talked about how they had to add in vowels to make the song easier to understand: Elissa: "We had to hire somebody to come in and help us with it, because you're bound to make a mistake with transliteration of Phoenigetz into English letters, and then having to add the vowels." 

They also talked about how excited they are about participating:
Sophonisba: "We haven't ever performed on such a grand stage, it will be wonderful and our staging team have decided to make us do something that reminds us of home, yet will excite the audience. Here's a clue, the temple prostitutes will be our backing dancers and there will be a large podium for us."

Their arrival to Euskirribakondara is expected soon! Good luck to them!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Commentators from Phoenigetuzstha and Chenkorya!

Logo of the Phoenigetuzsthan broadcaster

The Phoenigetuzsthan commentators have been chosen. Stratonice Sataurage, a singer and model in Phoenigetuzstha, and also dubbed 'Phoenigetuzstha's Best Singer' probably because Arianna Mago didn't participate on that contest. She is known to be 'kind but tough' with her criticism, and she will say if she doesn't like something. This has been shown on the hit show 'Phoenigetuzstha's Next High Priestess of Tanit' were she would always complement contestants, tell them how to improve, but ultimately, they would leave rather sad, or elated at not having been put down by her. She is definately opinionated, but will it sway the Phoenigetz people?

Image Image
Chenkoryan Commentators

The first face must look familiar for you... don't you recognize her? It's Shammion from the last edition! She achieved the 3rd place with 31 points, just 4 away from the runner-up, Albertasby; and 6 away from Euskirribakondara, the eventual winner. She was invited by the CBU to be both jury and commentator this time. She has had some time in Euskirribakondara, and her favourite summer spot is Bilbauski Island. She's really excited about coming back to Harrikes, and she has promised a good and interesting coverage of the WHF7. She also said she'll remember how she felt as an artist last time; and that'd be translated on a different approach on the artists.

But she can't be alone!.. (Or at least, that's what the CBU thought) The second face you see is Alexander Levash, and he had to quit some days of his work at CBU1 to go to Harrikes and comment on the WHF. He is also a famous DJ and actor in Chenkorya, and many people in Euskirribakondara remember him for a past summer hit called "Gelukkig en Dol". The CBU expects an interesting and funny couple here to boost the viewing figures... let's welcome them!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Bree rises to fame on Wilfred Test!

Bree, the Testian artist for WHF7

'That's Just Me', the single by WHF7 entry Bree Smyth has reached Number 1 on the WT Charts. The single, released on 4th February was well received by fans, while some music critics said they expected a little better, Bree answered those critics on a news piece for Network 3. "Well, I guess everybody can do better at anything, but I tried my hardest to help write it, and I'd be happy if just 1 person bought it." Although recieved well in Wilfred Test it wasn't so well recieved with the worldwide downloads, WHF countries got more, but it only reached No. 9 on the iTrack Chart. Although it wasn't all bad, it got a respectable No. 4 in the Euskirribakondaran Charts, just after Lilavati, Totó and Leona.

Also, the odds for WHF7 has been changed. In The Peacekeeper new ratings have high expectations for Lilavati (Chenkorya), Harkah Qartaj (Phoenigetuzstha) and Totó (Euskirribakondara). 'That's Just Me' The Album, will be released just after Bree's performance on WHF.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Folkand debuts!

Flag of Folkand

FolkandaieTelevizua (FLK-TV) just entered the WHF, a few seconds before the deadline. They organized a national final on the 30th January... Here are the results:

1. Iga Lvova & Kaarvegandaa - Danse Macabre - 69%
2. Latenina Voo - Amkeriga /America/ - 11%
3. Ola Irdis - Jan Ve Galt (Az Kilize) /Made From Glass (Words Float)/ - 20%

Therefore, Iga Lvova, a famous Folkandish opera singer who comes from Gelevatra; and Kaarvegandaa, a famous Folkandish metal band including Yra Smorc, Kaygen Auli, Urni Hagiiran, Vano Oadec that comes from Patvacsina (Hungarian area of Muniac) will represent Folkand on their début. Their song "Danse Macabre" (a title that references a motive in the medieval times (Dance of the Death)) is sung in Folkandish, and it's defined as Symphonic Metal.

We expect the best for them in Harrikes!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:19 pm

WHF7 Final List of Participants

Official Logo for WHF7

OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS (28)
Albertasby - Katie Sherlock - "Black and Blue"
Amekikia - Jibaro Selman - "No Bars, No Freedom"
Artsakhestan - Helene Törde - "Na Ch'i Asel Suta" (He Did Not Say Bye)
Astrolinium - Carolus Mariano - "Carmen Maximi" (The Song of Maximus)
Calimera - Sofía Anastasia Rocío - "Como Romeo y Guiliett" (Like Romeo and Juliette)
Chenkorya - Lilavati - "Purple Smoke"
Chinese Regions - CyberThree - "It's Getting Hotter"
Crolacia - Erina Garlan - "Tragedy"
Dan Ho Me (Dahomey) - Adanech Debbo - "Spieël Van Liefde" (Mirror of Love)
Euskirribakondara - Totó - "Ngoma Ya Moyo Wanga" (The Drums of my Heart)
Folkand - Iga Lvova & Kaarvagandaa - "Danse Macabre" (Dance of the Death)
Ipeland - Dim Parkio - "Wedi Torri i Lawr" (Broken Down)
Ko-oren - Elektrona - "World Bubble"
Marcheria - Lost Hero ft. Erica Blumenthal - "The Freedom Of The Skies"
Mediterra - Leona - "Förajna" (Forever)
Monlyuxeburga - Dusty Ones - "Toast In The Wind"
Motokata - LAZY - "Realize"
Polkopia - Igor Haarnet & Sofia Vonn - "Gluboko Vnutri" (Deep Within)
Phoenigetuzstha - Harkah Qartaj - "Ahlbyahbibi" (My Love)
Reythan - Vault - Blood Feud
Saintrabina - Cynthia Hebanova - "Paranormal Phenomenon"
Samuraikoku - Tsuyoi Tamashī - "Dōro E No Shōtai (道路への招待)" (Road Invitation)
Soviet Canuckistan - Angry Peaches - "Revolution"
Syreoinian - Croí a anam - "Hearts"
Thatius - Philip Nielsen - "Sie spricht meine Sprache" (She Speaks My Language)
the Kiaser Colonies - The Weir - "I'm Running"
Valcluse - Les Saifs - "Play My Game"
Wilfred Test - Bree Smyth - "That's Just Me"

We'll have 28 acts on the stage of Harrikes! More data about the show to be released soon!
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:41 pm

The Stage!

The wait ended. In the following pictures, and video, you'll be able to get to know the stage to be used in Harrikes on the great WHF7 final, on Friday March 2nd!

VIDEO

View from the panoramic camera

View from the left panoramic camera

View from the right panoramic camera

Left Orchestra Zone

Right Orchestra Zone

View from the roof

On-stage view from behind

On-stage close-up view

On-stage close-up lateral view

View from the Central Aisle
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:05 pm

ChenkorVision results are known... WHF entrants?!

Participants of Chenkor-Vision

The final of one of the world's most loved WV national finals, was held on the Saturday 18th of February, and a lot of WorldVision fans tuned in on the online webstream or the official broadcast provided by CBUWorld and EUSK1-World. After a long show with a lot of very high quality songs, the votes from the seven Chenkoryan provinces were announced, who chose Mademoiselle with Buonanotte as their winner. After the international jury votes, the scoreboard changed; Oda with Symphonia won ChenkorVision on tiebreakers, and will represent the Chenkies on WorldVision.

Chenkorya has always selected it's WHF entrant internally, and that doesn't appear to be a very bad way. But now there are rumours on the internet that the CBU wants to send one of the other finalists to the WHF, because of the high quality of the songs. Most likely to be selected would be Mademoiselle with Buonanotte, who finished in second place, and who won the national voting. Also high chances are for Samantha Butlin who'd sing her song Violin, finishing in 5. Other contenders would be Outside, Katelyn Strand, Terezija and the Laydowns, HardLost, Radu DiAntonio, Martha and Mathilde van Oirschotten.

If Euskirribakondara votes had been counted, Mademoiselle would have represented Chenkorya in WV20; but some technical problems prevented EUSK1 from sending the official votes from the kingdom. Currently, "Buonanotte" is the only foreign song (excluding songs from the Fledgling Region) to have achieved a first place on the Euskal Top 40 since it was officialized on 2011. She, in fact, has been specially invited by EUSK1 to perform at Euskal-Musika, the national final of Euskirribakondara for WHF and WV.

Many fanpages (specially from Euskirribakondara) are requesting Mademoiselle to be the official Chenkoryan entry for WHF8. 8 is regarded as a lucky number in the Fledgling Region, and many hope it'll be lucky for her too. Meanwhile, Oda (the song that won Chenkor-Vision) is regarded as the "worst song from Chenkorya, EVER" in both Euskirribakondara and Artsakhestan.

Would you like Mademoiselle to come to WHF?

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Euskal-Musika3 rules announced

Logo for Euskal-Musika3

The last saturday February 25, EUSK1 (official broadcaster from Euskirribakondara for all major international events/contests) released the rules for Euskal-Musika3, the selection process for WHF8, WHF9 and WV21. You can check them out here! But there are not so many changes, comparing it to the rules from Euskal-Musika2.

Basic Format
Euskal-Musika, these days, is the one of the biggest selection process (next to ChenkorVision) in all the participating nations at WorldVision and in the World Hit Festival. It consists of a preliminary process of songs selection in which an special jury will select the 60 songs that advance to the semi-finals. On each semifinal, out of 20, 8 will qualify to a final. Finally, out of 24 songs; 10 will be selected to participate in a super-final, where the winning, runner-up and 3rd placing song will be selected.

The winning song will be the official Euskirribakondarian representative at the twenty-first edition of the WorldVision Song Contest. The runner-up song will be the official Euskirribakondarian representative at the eighth edition of the World Hit Festival, whilst the 3rd placing song will be the Euskirribakondarian representative at the ninth edition of the World Hit Festival.

All the process is directed by the EMM (Euskirribakondararen Musika Ministerrara, Euskirribakondaran Ministry of Music).

Basic Rules
- A song may be submitted by either an artist, or a songwriter. If a songwriter submits a song, it will be given to an artist selected by the EMM.
- The song must not exceed 6 minutes in length.
- One of the entry persons (either songwriter, dancers, singers or main voice) must be Euskirribakondarian or Valdaranean.
- If the last rule is followed, the other staff persons can be of any nationality.
- During the whole process, an special staff of the EMM will help the artists on their entries.
- The following languages can be used on a song:
*Any of the ten official languages of the Great Pluricultural Harrikía of Euskirribakondara (Euskal, Aranes, Armenian, Euskal Arabic, Lillamut, Bantulu, Sirbadian, Taloan, Hinga, Mikunan)
*Any of the six provincial languages of the Great Pluricultural Harrikía of Euskirribakondara (Chenkoryan, Belikovian, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch)
*Any of the tribal languages of the Great Pluricultural Harrikía of Euskirribakondara (68 different languages)
*Any of the languages which the Great Pluricultural Harrikía of Euskirribakondara recognize as global languages not mentioned before (Standard Arabic, Russian, English, Mandarin Chinese, Hindustani, German, Swahili)
*A made-up language.
*No language at all.
- All songs must be submitted to the EMM and EUSK1 headquarters in Harrikes, EUS; through either a digital or physical format; before March 2, 2012.
- The rights of the song will belong to the artist, the songwriter and the EMM.

Rules for the Semifinals
- An special jury selected by the EMM will select 55 songs out of the songs submitted to the EMM headquarters before March 2, 2012.
- 5 songs will be invited artists and songs from the EUSK1 channel.
- The selected songs will be announced on March 9, 2012.
- The draw for the semifinals will be internally made on March 10, 2012.
- The artists must have a stage show already organized for the semifinals with no more than 10 people on-stage.
- Each semifinal will have 20 acts.
- Semifinal 1 will be held on Sunday March 11, 2012.
- Semifinal 2 will be held on Wednesday March 14, 2012.
- Semifinal 3 will be held on Saturday March 17, 2012.
- A combination of televoting and jury voting on each Euskirribakondarian region (12 in total) will give points from 1 to 12 to their 10 favourite songs.
- The top 8 of each semifinal will qualify to the final.
- The semifinals will be broadcasted in Euskal and Aranese, just in Euskirribakondara, Valdaranes, Artsakhestan and Chenkorya; their results posted in English.

Rules for the Final
- The final will be held on Wednesday March 21, 2012 and will consist on 24 different acts.
- Before the final, lyric corrections will be made by the EMM if necessary.
- A combination of televoting and jury voting on each Euskirribakondarian region (12 in total) will give points from 1 to 12 to their 10 favourite songs.
- Each act can put up to 12 people on-stage.
- The final will be broadcasted in Euskal, in the participating countries of WV21 and WHF7; its results posted in English.
- The top 10 of the final will qualify to the Super-Final.

Rules for the Super-Final
- The super final will be held on Thursday March 22, 2012 and will consist on 10 different acts.
- Any act that qualified for the super-final can withdraw and present its song at Euskal-Musika 4.
- If any act does what was said before, the 11° position of the final will assume the spot; and so on.
- Each act can put up any number of people on-stage.
- The final will be broadcasted worlwide on Euskal and English; its recap and results posted in English.
- The winning song will represent Euskirribakondara at WV21.
- The runner-up song will represent Euskirribakondara at WHF8.
- The 3rd placing song will represent Euskirribakondara at WHF9.

The EWVAD invites artists from any nation to participate at this selection process. It will cover the expenses of each foreign delegation.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates