NATION

PASSWORD

The Coalition of Ponyist States (In-character); (UPDATED)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conclespia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conclespia » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Silver Star nodded. "Surely you can't blame a nation for something that they unwillingly did! For God's sake, it was a changeling who impersonated Vitaliya and enacted the boycott in the first place. It wasn't an actual Nassraunian decision. It was one of a saboteur, a pretender trying to drive rifts in our alliance!"
Was Conclespia.

The Ctan
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:09 pm

New Nassrau wrote:Lessie was shocked at the Lykosian statement, however even though the delegate was gone, Lessie spoke up.

"Well, looks like another one left... let me just say, first of all, when New Nassrau boycotted Mystria, it wasn't even our president who did that, it was a changeling, but also, this alliance shouldn't force who we should boycott anyways. Even though we are sorry about it, so what if we boycotted someone else's allies! Only two of their nations were in the CoPs anyways, and only Spires actually contributed anything!"

Spring Darling looked at the Nassraun ambassador, "I am not sure I get it. You say that a changeling was in charge of your nation, and then set about making it as hated as possible? That is not really the action of an intelligent changeling. I've yet to see any evidence of this changeling."
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Reformed Vorradia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Reformed Vorradia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Imperial City, Reformed Vorradia:

The Lord President of the Reformed Vorradia, Kazviir Varada sat at his old mahogany desk on the balcony of the newly built Presidential Palace. He looked up from the copious volumes of paperwork that the rebuilding of a nation mandated, and surveyed the sprawling gothic ruins of the old Vorradia.

The sun hung low behind the ruined spires, suffusing the horizon with a dark crimson glow. Kazviir looked down at his people, working through the cold, through the hardship. Their unspoken nobility and determination filled him with a fiery warmth, even as icicles formed above his head and his breath frosted into a cloud so dense in front of his face he could barely see through it.

They would rebuild, and recover. It would take time, but slowly the new Vorradia would arise from the scorched, ruin-choked dirt.

Where once banners bearing the hateful Decadal Star of the Church of Vorradia had hung, now they bore proudly the symbolism of the Ponynist faith.

Kazviir’s moment of contemplation was cut short as a pale-faced trembling aide burst onto the balcony.

“Lord President!” the aide gasped.

“What? Is this about the psychological rehabilitation? I know we are lagging behind schedule, and promises have not been kept, but the Lord Animator is doing everything he can to-”

“No, my Lord President,” the aide whimpered. “There has been a terrible tragedy, and the Coalition of Ponynist States seems on the verge of collapse.

“What? How?”

“The war with Hippostania…”

“A deeply unfortunate affair, yes, but I thought that there was general consensus about the wars necessity? I have not been keeping up to date with the crisis, as I’m sure you will understand I, and our new government have had many pressing issues to deal with recently here, and we have been unable to pay much attention to the war. What has happened?” The biting cold began to return to Kazviir’s sore flesh.

“The issue isn’t with the war itself, it’s with the means used to win it. Hippostania has been all but destroyed in a nuclear attack.”

There was utter silence. Kazviir opened his mouth to speak but he could only gasp.

The aide wheeled in a tv set, and flicked on the international news, bowed and backed away, shuddering.

Kazviir was instantly bombarded with a storm of furious accusations, outrage, conflict and bitter anger. The Coalition was falling apart. How could this be happening? Kazviir could not understand.

With the on-going rehabilitation crisis still in full swing, the entire government had been wrapped up in trying to save the scarred Vorradian minds for the last year. The news of Hippostania’s destruction had likely only been discovered by this random administrative aide by chance while sifting through piles of psychological assessment documents.

What the fuck happened? That was the only thing Kazviir could think. He needed to get to the bottom of this quickly and find out what the hell was going on.
+++

THIS IS A PUPPET OF VORRADIA REPRESENTING IT AFTER THE WAR,

this puppet is used only for RP purposes when dealing with the CoPS

I am not actually a -100 post n00b, this is a puppet of vorradia.

Ulvena
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvena » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Ulvena on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Peace
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Peace » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:57 am

To: The Coalition of Ponyist States

Subject: The Formal Withdrawal of the Queendom of Peace

In light of recent developments in Pony Lands and the disputes stemming from recent conflicts, the Queendom of Peace, under the leadership of our Queen, her enlightened Majesty, has decided to withdraw from the Coalition of Ponyist States, the reasons being a new regional focus and alignment with closer powers.

The time spent in interaction with the states of the Coalition and it's home region of Pony Lands has been extremely profitable for our nation and our region, Paradoxia and we hope such interaction will continue, despite our withdrawal.

A colony, Vangarde has been recently established in Southern Pony Lands, which will soon receive full autonomy in all affairs.

Signed, The Foreign Minister of the Queendom of Peace

Discordant Schism
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Discordant Schism » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:36 am

Uh... I suppose I should do this now...

Name of State: Discord
Number of Ponies Living Withing Your State: 460,300
Do Ponies Act As a Major Part of Your Nation's Economy or Military?: No*
Do Ponies Have Equal Rights in Your Nation?: Yes
What position would you like to apply for? (Observer/Member): Member
RP Sample (provide a link or write a short story about ponies):
Stephan Lelex Agis was watching the game of kratios with the rest of his cabinet. They were all rabid fans of the game. It was George Henry Ernest against Maxwell Orgo; Lelex personally was betting on Ernest, who had more victories under his belt. But Orgo was ten pounds heavier; more mass was better in kratios. The wide-screen television showed the players walk up to each other in the ring, shake hands, and walk back to their respective sides. The room grew quiet as both players put their shields and protective garments on. Then, the gun fired and it started.

The two charged at each other, shields port. They met with a loud crack and ringing of polycrabonate-backed aluminum. Lelex well knew how dangerous kratios was; running into each other with twenty-pound shields could break bones. The shields nearly vibrated with the hit. Lesser quality shields, made of acrylic and plastic, could deform and shatter on the first blow. These games, however, were championships, and no expense was spared.

They took huge beatings, nonetheless.

It was just then when Leland Kennedy came in. He was special council to the Agis; right now, he was carrying a folder. "Alright, Stephan, I've got something for you."

The game was live. "Oh, come on! I'm missing the game!" But Kennedy was not to be dissuaded. "You're the Agis, not some kratios critic."

That was enough to get him to push away. "Don't tell me who wins," he told the rest of his cabinet. They promised not to.

When they were in another room, Kennedy opened the folder. "The latest census is in. The ponies are up to four hundred sixty thousand. You and I both know no Discordian citizens will have suffrage as long as the Agis is in power, but our neighbors may end up finding us disagreeable. And the growing pony population doesn't exactly breathe Chaos, either."

Lelex looked at the folder. It was just the census. "We can't kill them. We are not that low. And Lee, we can't deport them. How would it look, if we sent them on their merry way to some other nation? There could be nothing good out of anything but letting it be."

"I realize that, Agis. But please, as a friend, I implore you to proceed very cautiously with the ponies."

Stephan looked back at the census. "No; I will not treat the ponies any differently than I do the humans. None of us deserves special treatment, good or bad, without former basis. And species is no basis. Harmonist religion they may be, but as long as the fiscus is paid and order kept, I do not see any reason to act of this."

Discordia Times

KRYPIA- In a controversial move, Lelex Agis has chosen not to act on the increasing pony population. Critics accuse the Agis of pandering to 'namby-pamby ponyists' while allies defend him, saying it was 'only the proper action'. With the latest census in but not released as of yet, it is assumed that the ponies now comprise a significant percentage of the population of Discord; it is the thoughts of many to curb the growing population so overcrowding does not become a problem.

"I am not being biased, only stating that facts: It was Ερις who stated that Discord could hold no more than seven million inside its borders, and we are rapidly closing in on that figure. While it is true that much of the population is right here in Krypia, and so much of the wilderness is untouched, going over that could have disastrous consequences. However, as always, we stand by the Agis," says a spokesperson for Tigon Raddick.

Some believe the ponies should not be here at all. "The ponies represent Harmonist beliefs, going entirely to the contrary of everything Discord is founded upon! I am a patriot; as one, I firmly believe the ponies should be expelled north and allowed to fend for themselves," from former Senator Raul Parry.

Others say they are the voice of reason. Says Senator Oliver Greer, "Make no mistake, I am a servant of Chaos. But to be brutally truthful, Discord could not by any standards win a war against the entirety of the Coalition. We have been invaded dozens of times, yes, but today's war does not have phalanxes or depend almost entirely on discipline. And as long as the ponies are not acting detrimentally to Discordian society, there is no harm in allowing them citizenship.Though I agree with the Raddick that population numbers will be a problem if the ponies continue to reproduce at this rate."

Updates as the story develops. -J. MASTERS

*=Well, yes and no. In a nation of about five million, the ponies comprise just under one-tenth of my population, which I would not call a majority. But 460,000 is a lot, and ponies have unique skills in Discord's infrastructure.

And see my factbook for 'kratios'.

Hobbiest Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbiest Republic » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:33 pm

United States of Peace wrote:To: The Coalition of Ponyist States

Subject: The Formal Withdrawal of the Queendom of Peace

In light of recent developments in Pony Lands and the disputes stemming from recent conflicts, the Queendom of Peace, under the leadership of our Queen, her enlightened Majesty, has decided to withdraw from the Coalition of Ponyist States, the reasons being a new regional focus and alignment with closer powers.

The time spent in interaction with the states of the Coalition and it's home region of Pony Lands has been extremely profitable for our nation and our region, Paradoxia and we hope such interaction will continue, despite our withdrawal.

A colony, Vangarde has been recently established in Southern Pony Lands, which will soon receive full autonomy in all affairs.

Signed, The Foreign Minister of the Queendom of Peace

" You are invited to join the Confederacy of Northern States as an observer." Ambassador three said quietly as the Peacians left the Coalition. His routines having been purged and he having been lobotomized as only a droid could be. Punishment for his failure to support and strengthen the Coalition had been destruction of his personality cores and exile from the Hobbiest Republican Empire, leaving him little more than a bewildered, and stupid messenger now. When the HQ of the Coalition finally closed its doors he would be left to wander the island of Hideaberry aimlessly, until then, he was instructed to attempt to inform as many of the Northern States that they were invited to the new Confederacy forming in the northlands as well as any interested and safe-listed southerners not already in treatise with the Republican Empire.

Please send any representatives to Brunhild's Stand CoNS

(OOC: the URL represents the coded directions to invited nations. Spires should probably work on their Spirean spy since the first meeting of the Confederacy is being held near where some of the refugees have settled down.)
CoPS-Member
CoNS- Founder/Member
UEF-Observer
Amistad Signatory

Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Aboot Meh: Pro-Chife, Pro-Dakka, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Freedom
"That's what forgiveness sounds like, Screaming and then silence."-Carl

Tsaraine
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation