NATION

PASSWORD

Concerning Kelevar (Open, OOC/Interest)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Long reply short: Yes still interested as long as it's a character driven war.

Adding Krio - good to see you back safely
Last edited by Tanaara on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Tanaara wrote:Adding Krio - good to see you back safely

Thank you. How were everybody's holidays? Restful, I hope.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Koumpounophobia wrote:I suppose so, yeah. =)
I've been kind of busy lately, though, so my initial posts may be bare-bones. Since it's a fairly localized event, I'm thinking closed or semi-open?

It doesn't need to start immediately if you're busy. There will probably be a bit of diplomatic interplay before any war would start, and who knows - maybe the war gets averted despite ourselves! As for openness, that's entirely up to you. Do you want outside intervention, or do you want to keep it amongst us?

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Krioval wrote:It doesn't need to start immediately if you're busy. There will probably be a bit of diplomatic interplay before any war would start, and who knows - maybe the war gets averted despite ourselves! As for openness, that's entirely up to you. Do you want outside intervention, or do you want to keep it amongst us?

It may be best to keep it private. There's one big twist I have prepared. It'll be interesting to see how it's handled.
As for diplomatic interplay, that'll be really entertaining as well. Dekker, for example, is a bit hot-headed, but very intelligent and thoughtful. Meanwhile, Makner is a cool-headed douche that's in a bit over his head and tries to fix things with money. They're almost polar opposites. :D

Almajoya
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Antemyst is still in. Good to see you Krio, my holidays were mostly shitty, but there were bright spots.
Factbook/Getting Started/Roleplaying Tips/Thread Assistance Index/The Mary Sue Test
(Melisma: 17 | Ciaran: 3 | Astaire: 25)

Did you miss me?
08.29.05//01.17.10//85:16:25

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:45 am

As for the voice speaking to Droply, I'm guessing as to his mental state, that there is something of an adventurer in there somewhere. The source of the words, then, is the emerging consciousness of Kelevar itself.

Antemyst
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:18 am

I'm not really sure what my characters should be doing.
Antemyst | Crystalline Fosterman | Xaymaca
“If you can't do it, we will.” -Frenadrix

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:27 am

Antemyst wrote:I'm not really sure what my characters should be doing.

Yeah...I should probably just go for the big event and let everybody react. I'll get to writing that later today.

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Almajoya wrote:Antemyst is still in. Good to see you Krio, my holidays were mostly shitty, but there were bright spots.

I'm sorry they were bad.. <=(
Krioval wrote:As for the voice speaking to Droply, I'm guessing as to his mental state, that there is something of an adventurer in there somewhere. The source of the words, then, is the emerging consciousness of Kelevar itself.

He's got some adventurous flair to him, yeah. Most people of his heritage do. Vrallian stuff, you see. Even Koumpounophobians are like that- not just people from old colonies.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:11 pm

What just happened:

Anybody who wanted to join with Kelevar was transported there, and anybody who didn't remained behind. This essentially rids Krioval of its nasty political division, as most of the conservatives refused to enter into the compact while most of the others went with it. "True believers" are first into the collective, while others have some degree of interconnection. Everybody still retains an individual personality, though, and Krioval's economic and technological advancement remains intact.

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:48 am

Neat.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:04 pm

At this point, I'm declaring the RP to officially be done. Results:

Krioval has formed a collective of sorts with the planetary colony Kelevar after the Circle (Dylan and co.) "called everybody home". The infrastructure on Earth-Krioval has been relocated to Kelevar. The population is becoming gradually aware of participating in this collective, which (for once), means that the latest upheaval in Krioval does not result in violence. This development does not change the effective character of Kriovallers except in making them more environmentally conscious - which is reflected in Krioval's environmental rating changing about two months ago (in real-time).

Dylan is "Imperial Chief" by virtue of leading the transformation - there are other tribes and clans, all with chiefs of their own. There is also the Krioval Senate, which endures in some form, and I'll probably "hold elections" for it in the next month or so.

Valkai is reunited with Michiko and goes off with her to the Phoenix Empire - or wherever else she goes. Iestyn formally takes over Valkai's position as head of the ninja-ranger-assassin group in Krioval.

Crystalline is welcome to enter into or separate from the Kelevar collective, as she is venerated as the Chosen of Soltiri, the Revealer. Joanne and Jeremiah are also able to do the same, but to a lesser extent - they are recognized as "honored guests", but aren't quite on Crys's level.

Nik is considered to have passed the Rite of Dedication, putting him on the same level as other immigrants to Krioval. He can, at his option, proceed to the Rite of Initiation when his mind is better equipped to link to Kelevar. James is entirely outside of my control. Some of Jacob's essence is probably able to be found in the Kelevar collective, somewhere.

Anything else I missed I can probably fill in later. Thanks for posting! :)

Antemyst
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks for having me, it's been an awesome experience working with writers of such strong caliber. It's not every day that a project like this is pulled off around here.

I won't presume to speak for Tan, but I'm sure she feels similarly.
Antemyst | Crystalline Fosterman | Xaymaca
“If you can't do it, we will.” -Frenadrix

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:33 pm

I agree entirely, Antemyst. This was... stupendous (even with my frequent little roleplaying faux pas).

Thank you for letting me take part in this!

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:39 pm

It wouldn't have been successful without everybody's contributions. I can't wait for the next installment: diplomatic cuteness in Koumpounophobia. :D

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:56 am

Krioval wrote:It wouldn't have been successful without everybody's contributions. I can't wait for the next installment: diplomatic cuteness in Koumpounophobia. :D

Should be a hoot. xD I've got an interesting twist in store for whenever you decide to storm the shores.
Shall I start the thread or would you like to? In my first post (or two or three), I'll make sure to give some explanation on the way the nation operates and a sort of basic layout of the area.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:48 pm

We might prefer the diplomatic approach, at least to start. :D

As for who should start the thread, is it likely that Maxner is going to throw a fit over James and Nik disappearing? If not, it might just start as a diplomatic mission - albeit a bit of a frosty one.

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Krioval wrote:We might prefer the diplomatic approach, at least to start. :D

As for who should start the thread, is it likely that Maxner is going to throw a fit over James and Nik disappearing? If not, it might just start as a diplomatic mission - albeit a bit of a frosty one.

Just before Kelevar pulled its environmental turnaround, Makner came to the conclusion that, since James isn't returning, he doesn't care about James or Nik (as far as he knows, still Nick). So diplomacy might be the best start, yes. ^_^

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Koumpounophobia wrote:
Krioval wrote:We might prefer the diplomatic approach, at least to start. :D

Just before Kelevar pulled its environmental turnaround, Makner came to the conclusion that, since James isn't returning, he doesn't care about James or Nik (as far as he knows, still Nick). So diplomacy might be the best start, yes. ^_^

Ah, so there might not even be the need for a conflict. Just a series of wacky diplomatic hijinks, then?

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 am

Possibly. Though Makner is definitely an unpleasant fellow and diplomacy in his eyes is approximately what he pulled using Droply. The figurehead most likely encountered is the slightly more competent, more manipulative, and more cautious Benny Vicus.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates