NATION

PASSWORD

Concerning Kelevar (Open, OOC/Interest)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Concerning Kelevar (Open, OOC/Interest)

Postby Krioval » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Hello, all. I've been away from NS RP for some time, and I'm looking to return to the thick of things. Specifically, I'm trying to establish a new part of Krioval and its history, the planetary colony Kelevar. It features a disappearance in space thirty-four years before the beginning of the RP and the return of the disabled ship. The reappearance coincides with a festival celebrating thirty years of the current constitution and government on Kelevar, as well as the new governor, who is remarkably similar to the disappeared man.

Basically, anybody is welcome to join, regardless of tech level. MT nations can hitch a ride from Krioval proper (now featuring six direct flights per day!), and FT nations can arrive by whatever means they choose. I expect for the conspiracy theories to abound right around the beginning of the festival, so bring plenty of intrigue. Play anything from a naive tourist to an operative of a foreign government, set on exposing a conspiracy (or just skulking around nefariously) - just please don't kill anybody or blow anything up (without prior authorization, of course). I'd like to keep the RP character-driven as much as possible, though suggestions for alternate subplots are always welcome.

IC thread
Last edited by Krioval on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Re: Concerning Kelevar (OOC/Interest)

Postby Krioval » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:31 pm

Who is Serph Dekker?

In a nutshell, Serph was the grandson of former royalty who had imperial ambitions of his own. He was an accomplished scientist and later politician. He united religious rhetoric behind an agenda of rapid space expansion and managed to force Krioval's secular institutions into submission for a time. Eventually, he agreed to retire to the planet Kelevar as a semi-autonomous governor in exchange for loosening his hold over Krioval as a whole. More information about Serph, and Krioval's history, can be found here.

In terms of appearance, Serph was half Caucasian and half Pacific Islander (native Kriovaller), and stood at 185 cm. Despite some loyalists who depict him as a huge warrior type, he was of fairly thin build, and not terribly muscular. He tended to have short, spiky black hair and brown eyes. He tended to wear standard fashions, though as his rank increased, his style of dress moved toward the flamboyant. He settled into standard Kelevar clothing styles (loose and colorful) when he assumed the governership.

Who is Dylan Dekker?

Dylan (no relation to Serph, aside from sharing tribal origin) is one of the oldest Kelevarios (native born citizens of Kelevar), having been born only three months after the settlement of his homeworld. His father (Marius Andros) worked in the Kelevar security force and his mother (Alice Vartek) was a scientist until his parents relocated to Earth when his mother received a tenured faculty position in xenobiology at the University of Valak. Dylan, then age sixteen, opted to remain on Kelevar with a his maternal aunt (Morgan Dekker), a geologist. He studied geology at the urging of his aunt, but switched to astrophysics soon after enrolling in university. Dylan chose to become a member of the Dekker tribe on reaching the age of majority.

The nativist backlash against Kelevarios reached its crescendo around the same time Dylan was preparing for graduation. He was appalled not only at the ferocity of some Earth-born Kriovallers' disdain for Kelevar natives, but that his father was vaguely sympathetic toward their aims. The matter exploded when Dylan found that his father had lobbied for a bill that would delay "Kelevar-born" status to children born within one year of colonization. Dylan's vocal opposition to the bill, along with lingering resentments by Serph loyalists toward the larger tribes of Krioval propelled him toward politics. He was elected student body president at Kelevar University in his senior year, and he won election to the planetary Senate two years later.

At the time of this RP, Dylan Dekker is one of the highest ranked officers (commander) within the Kelevar security forces, a position, oddly enough, once held by his estranged father. He has been elected planetary governor by a margin of fifteen points (57-42), and is awaiting his inauguration when the strange ship appears in orbit.

In terms of his appearance, Dylan is 196 cm in height and is completely Pacific Islander in race (native Kriovaller). His hobbies including weighlifting and combat simulation, he is considerably well-built. His straight long black hair has a few streaks of white in it; a strange genetic inheritance from his mother. Unlike most Kelevarios, his style of dress tends toward muted colors, as though to distract from his unusual height and build. Those who compare him to Serph, good or bad, are not referring to any shared physical traits. Even their eyes are different, with Dylan's piercing gaze revealing gray eyes.

What's up with those last names?

Tribal affiliation is a complex and strange rite of passage among Kriovallers. Basically, each tribe (Tyvok, Vartek, Andros, Dova, Dekker, Telovar, and Novak being the most prominent) sets rules for entry, such as "must enlist for military service" or "must complete a collegiate degree". Some tribes are more restrictive than others, and some Kriovallers choose no affiliation for various reasons. Second names usually identify tribal affiliation rather than ancestry, with additional names or identifiers used when necessary to distinguish between two tribe members with the same given name.

Tanara
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Concerning Kelevar (Open, OOC/Interest)

Postby Tanara » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Name: Lady Valeria Kerowynn Moore
Nationality: Tanaran Citizen
Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 135#
Hair: Pale Ash blonde
Eyes: Blue Gray

Bit of Bio: The eldest daughter - but middle child - of one of the five most prominent famies in the Phoenix Empire of Tanara, she is travelling on a very extended vacation. Adventurous and curious, Valeria intends to, in luxurious, leisurely fashion, take in a variety of festivals, holdiays and celebrations across the stars. It's safer than being at 'home'. Currently confined to a medical float chair, as she is partially paralysed, she is accompanied by her body guard / assistant / medic, Captain Roger Ian Kincaid. Capt. Kincaid is 'retired' Cadre. She is travelling aboard the family yatch, the Naga.

Valeria travels on a diplomatic passport.

OOC: Just checking in to see if I need a visa
Last edited by Tanara on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:31 pm

The Phoenix Empire is still considered one of Krioval's strongest friends. No special visa would be required, and her status as a diplomat would be honored.

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Name Of Character: Jacob Coriander
nationality: Koumpounaphobian, more commonly known as Buttoneers
height: 6'
Weight: 172 lbs.
Eye color: brown
Hair color: Brown

Bio: Jacob Coriander is the right-hand man to Koumpounaphobia leader James Newburn. Koumpounaphobia itself as a nation tends to very corporate in nature, so the fact Jacob shirks paperwork actually comes in useful to Newburn. Jacob tends to play many roles, but in this case he is visiting Kelevar with the intention of initiating warm hospitality between countries and colonies and the like. Despite his bureaucratic home, Jacob is highly persistent and a decent fighter. :lol:

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Awesome. Love the IC posts thus far. I'll probably have to start up an embassy thread at some point.

Pronounciations:

Kelevar - KELL uh vahr
Krioval - KREE oh vahl
Serph - serf
Iestyn - ee ESS tin/YESS tin

What's Iestyn look like:

Half-Welsh, Half-Pacific Islander. Around 180 cm. Thin and wiry with about shoulder-length dark brown/black hair. Green eyes.

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 am

I just wanted to ask if the key card Jacob received would be required on doors like the one to Foreign Affairs.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:31 am

Koumpounophobia wrote:I just wanted to ask if the key card Jacob received would be required on doors like the one to Foreign Affairs.

It's a transit pass. You can use any public transportation on Kelevar now (it's fully subsidized by Krioval's government). They're given out to obviously lost tourists and diplomats alike. More private transportation for diplomatic affairs can be arranged once a diplomat's foreign credentials are verified, though many diplomats are fine with the public system.

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Krioval wrote:
Koumpounophobia wrote:I just wanted to ask if the key card Jacob received would be required on doors like the one to Foreign Affairs.

It's a transit pass. You can use any public transportation on Kelevar now (it's fully subsidized by Krioval's government). They're given out to obviously lost tourists and diplomats alike. More private transportation for diplomatic affairs can be arranged once a diplomat's foreign credentials are verified, though many diplomats are fine with the public system.

Ooooh.... Lemme go back and edit one of my posts a bit... :blush:

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Koumpounophobia wrote:
Krioval wrote:

Ooooh.... Lemme go back and edit one of my posts a bit... :blush:

No worries. :D

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Just to let anybody reading/posting know, I will occasionally (every day or two, as the story permits) push forward a bit in time. I won't orphan storylines, though. 8)

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Krioval wrote:Just to let anybody reading/posting know, I will occasionally (every day or two, as the story permits) push forward a bit in time. I won't orphan storylines, though. 8)

Fine by me! =D

Antemyst
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Too late to join?

Here's what I've got to offer:
(piggybacking on Tan a bit here)
Name: Joanne Isleforce
Nationality: Antemystic
Ht/Wt: 5'8, 130 lbs
Brown hair, hazel eyes

Name: Jeremiah Deltapsi
Ht/Wt: 5'10, 160 lbs
Black hair, brown eyes

Background: Antemyst is a tiny atoll in the Xaymaca region of Earth. Its people are far more advanced than most of society, having developed special abilities and unique technology. Most Antemystics can be identified by her last name- the first part is where she is from, and the last part is her class.

As such, Joanne Isleforce is from the island (seastead) of Qumenee, and can create and manipulate force fields. Likewise, Jeremiah Deltapsi is from the Delta region and is a psionic. Both serve as unofficial advisers to the unofficial leader (there is no government per se.)

About me: 'Round these parts, I usually RP through my main nation, Almajoya. However, while trying to think of a storyline for this thread with Almajoya, I utterly confused myself. So I figured I'd spare all of us some hassle and just use my FT nation.

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Antemyst wrote:Too late to join?

Brown hair, hazel eyes

Black hair, brown eyes

Background: Antemyst is a tiny atoll in the Xaymaca region of Earth. Its people are far more advanced than most of society, having developed special abilities and unique technology. Most Antemystics can be identified by her last name- the first part is where she is from, and the last part is her class.

As such, Joanne Isleforce is from the island (seastead) of Qumenee, and can create and manipulate force fields. Likewise, Jeremiah Deltapsi is from the Delta region and is a psionic. Both serve as unofficial advisers to the unofficial leader (there is no government per se.)

About me: 'Round these parts, I usually RP through my main nation, Almajoya. However, while trying to think of a storyline for this thread with Almajoya, I utterly confused myself. So I figured I'd spare all of us some hassle and just use my FT nation.

Welcome to the shebang, I think! :D

Tanara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tanara » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Hey Krioval, I have links to:

FoF and ooc thread

TC and ooc thread

DSL
Spiral Dance

"Is it arrogance, or mystery to join the dance?
To pay your money, mark the sequence, take the chance.
To play at prophecy with trembling hands;
To read the words in the code of life and its commands.
May gentleness, and grace guide all we do
With the song that weaves the generations through." K. Marr

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Antemyst wrote:Too late to join?

Brown hair, hazel eyes

Black hair, brown eyes

Welcome, welcome! I apologize for the delay in posting today - I had a job interview.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Tanara wrote:Hey Krioval, I have links to:

FoF and ooc thread

TC and ooc thread

DSL

Wow. I'd just about forgotten that those existed! For purposes of Krioval RP, Serph = Raijin in that there was some time travel retcon. It's no big deal. If anything, it makes things all the more interesting - Kriovallers have some idea of a blended timeline once things were "corrected".

Did that sound half as convoluted as I'm reading it?

Antemyst
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Antemyst » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:48 pm

Koumpounophobia wrote:Welcome to the shebang, I think! :D

Krioval wrote:Welcome, welcome! I apologize for the delay in posting today - I had a job interview.

Thank you, thank you. Let's see what I can cook up.
Antemyst | Crystalline Fosterman | Xaymaca
“If you can't do it, we will.” -Frenadrix

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:40 pm

Krioval wrote:Did that sound half as convoluted as I'm reading it?

Maaaaaaaybe!

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Basically, Krioval has had some timeline modifications, mostly to ensure its survival over time. Of course, not all of the alterations can be fully stabilized. Oh, well. What's the worst thing that could have happened, right? :p

Tanara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Tanara » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Looks at you and just grins
Spiral Dance

"Is it arrogance, or mystery to join the dance?
To pay your money, mark the sequence, take the chance.
To play at prophecy with trembling hands;
To read the words in the code of life and its commands.
May gentleness, and grace guide all we do
With the song that weaves the generations through." K. Marr

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:26 am

Krioval wrote:Basically, Krioval has had some timeline modifications, mostly to ensure its survival over time. Of course, not all of the alterations can be fully stabilized. Oh, well. What's the worst thing that could have happened, right? :p

~Suddenly, in the real world, the owner of Krioval had just gotten Steven's geek engine running at full-speed.~

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:44 am

Sorry, all. Today was a bit draining. I'll have a bunch of posts to the RP tomorrow.

Krioval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:32 pm

All right, back in action. Should I start to speed things up, or is the pace reasonable so far?

Farmina
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Farmina » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:19 pm

OOC: Krioval...the old guard is returning! Glad to see you!
Last edited by Farmina on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates