NATION

PASSWORD

Jury Duty! The Trial OOC Thread, Open

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Almajoya
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Jury Duty! The Trial OOC Thread, Open

Postby Almajoya » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:10 pm

“When you go into court, you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty” -Norm Crosby

IC thread

Welcome to Part II of "The Kidnapping." This RP will chronicle the trial and possible sentencing of one Blake Taipara, who allegedly attempted to usurp the Almajoyese throne by kidnapping the Empress. I return as GM by popular demand. :P I hope to be joined by my esteemed colleagues Fatatatutti and Tanaara, without whom this thread, and its predecessor, would go straight to the Hades of NS (Snowy Egrets?). I am also opening this sequel up to the NS community at large.

For anyone who wanted to get in last time but couldn't, who got lost in the action last time, or who just want to give RPing with me a shot, here's what I'm thinking. You are welcome to RP a member of the jury. That means you, fine denizens of these fora, will ultimately determine the verdict.

Your juror must be a citizen of Almajoya, but s/he could be an expat or immigrant from your nation (we do recognize multiple citizenship); or if you want a challenge, you could RP a natural-born Almajoyese. In that case, your character's last/family name must be Japanese and his/her given name should be Western.

To send a juror, please post the following:

Name:
Born or naturalized citizen of Almajoya?
Opinion on Death Penalty:
Profession:
Short Bio:

Please do not send any doctors, firemen, lawyers, policemen, or others whom I would obviously have to excuse from the jury pool.

The thread should be up sometime this weekend.
Any questions? Just post here or TG me. Thanks!

Factbook:Almajoya

Current jurors, because I'm confusing myself
1. Almajoya- William Aoki-Supports
2. Havaerre- Keila Lennon- Opposed
3. Ideam- Paul Linker- Supports
4. Meldaria- James Akio- Supports
5. Rozarria- Saria Rosen- Both
6. Zimbellomons- Tarod Thingymagummit- Opposed
7. Nuluht- James Grodyberg- Supports
8. Sierra Apathia- Mark Iringstone- Neutral
9. Latolia- Henry Roswell- Opposed
10. Gynocracy- Serena Demerey- Supports
Last edited by Almajoya on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Jury Duty! The Trial OOC Thread, Open, Attn Tan, Fata et al

Postby Tanaara » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:07 pm

MIght I bring a reporter in? Imagine if the CIA, Mossad, and the various other intelligence agencies published a daily newspaper and you have The Tanaaran Intelligencer... all the news other nations really didn't want to see in print...

and of course Meru, Frik and Frak will be there.

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Re: Jury Duty! The Trial OOC Thread, Open, Attn Fata et al

Postby Almajoya » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:12 pm

Hmm. Certainly, that sounds intriguing. (I didn't even think about reporters. One step ahead of me as always!)
Factbook/Getting Started/Roleplaying Tips/Thread Assistance Index/The Mary Sue Test
(Melisma: 17 | Ciaran: 3 | Astaire: 25)

Did you miss me?
08.29.05//01.17.10//85:16:25

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Re: Jury Duty! The Trial OOC Thread, OPEN, Attn Tan, Fata et al

Postby Almajoya » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:40 am

I figure I'll post some of my own character descriptions here, in hopes that they will entice more people to join.

Name: Lisa Ishikawa
Position: Judge
Short Bio: Born and raised in Sardonyx, Judge Ishikawa is fairly new to the Parish Court. After graduating from University of Almajoya with a JD in law, Ishikawa joined the prestigious firm of Shona & Shona. She worked there for several years, becoming one of their star lawyers and earning a promotion to junior partner, before leaving to establish her own firm. About a year ago, she was appointed (judges are not elected in Almajoya) to the Aralia Parish court by Parliament. Ramijozana did not have a hand in the matter, and Taipara was not acquainted with the proceedings. For this reason, she has been appointed to preside over this case.

Name: Jerome Sakamoto
Position: District Attorney
DA Sakamoto comes from a rough background. He grew up in Beryl- ironically, with future dictator Aaron Rineharto. It was Rineharto who appointed him to the DA position five years ago; after the Reyolucion da Paj, he maintained his job, and was responsible for prosecuting Rineharto. Sakamoto has an impressive win-loss ratio, and is often cited as one of the reasons for Jade’s low crime rate. He will be the lead prosecutor in this trial.

Name: Brittani Margaret Wallace
Position: Assistant District Attorney
Wallace studied law at the less-than-prestigious Pearl University, but, during an internship with the Jade DA’s office, displayed that she had a bright future ahead of her. She has worked on many cases with Sakamoto, with whom she has excellent chemistry. She is assistant prosecutor in this trial.

Name: Jill Maeda
Position: Defense Attorney
Maeda studied at Aralia University. She is fairly young- this will be her first trial of any consequence. She is leading the defense on this case for the simple fact that her senior partners are compromised by their relation to the judge.

Names: Rachel and Derrick Shona
Positions: Defense Attorneys (Second Chair)
Rachel studied alongside Derrick at U of A. After dating for several years, they married and established their own firm, which is widely recognized as the best in Almajoya. However, they will only be assisting on this case, because presiding judge Ishikawa once worked for them, which could be cast by the prosecution as a conflict of interest.
Factbook/Getting Started/Roleplaying Tips/Thread Assistance Index/The Mary Sue Test

Did you miss me?

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Name: Paolo Dagomiri de Pratto
Tanaaran Intelligencer, senior reporter: subversions, revolutions, coupes, and regime changes desk.

Paolo is a multiple 'Ex Artis Ad Astra ' award winning journalist - Also called the Nomad House Award, this is the Tanaaran equivalent of the Pulitzer Prize - and is given out every two years for achievements in newspaper journalism, and literature - It was established over a hundred years by Nomad House publisher Sandoval Nomad and is administered by the Tanaaran Academe of the Arts.

Graduate of the Tanaaran Military Academy with degrees in Intelligence Sciences and Military History, has a Masters in Journalism. For over thirty years he has covered, from the forefront and admist combat, seven civil wars, five regime changes, three police actions and six coups. He is an acknowledged expert in field and has personally presented several ‘Resolve Reports’ to first her Majesty, Queen Mercedez, and now to the Archon.

Havaerre
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Havaerre » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Name: Keila Lennon
Born or naturalized citizen of Almajoya?: Naturalized Havaerrean immigrant.
Opinion on Death Penalty: Strongly opposed to the death penalty.
Profession: Recreational helicopter pilot.
Short Bio: Keila is a Havaerrean-born Almajoyan, who immigrated to Almajoya some 20 years ago. Because of this, her beliefs and values match those of native Havaerreans. A former ace helicopter pilot in the Havaerrean Air Defense Force (honorable discharge), Keila makes her living as a freelance "pilot-for-hire" and gives lessons part-time. With a long time interest in Almajoya's culture, she left Havaerre and became a citizen of Almajoya.
Last edited by Havaerre on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ideam
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideam » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:29 pm

ooc:can I be a witness if no, here is the info

Name: Paul Linker
Age (it should factor in) 64
Born or naturalized citizen of Almajoya? Born
Opinion on Death Penalty? Agree with it
Profession: Gun Shop Owner
Short Bio: Paul has been living in Almajoya seen his birth, he is proud to say he has never left the country and never broken a law. His parents were both hardcore military and instilled in him the joys of gun and the consquences of breaking the rules.
A Member of the Union of Sovereign States
Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book. -Ronald Reagan

Pepperelli
Secretary

Founded: Dec 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Pepperelli » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:47 am

I still need to catch up really, But I may be interested in joining this one. If so - I will likely use my same four characters from the original, although this time in their full capacity as Pepperelli Secret Service, not on Vacation.
Nation Capital: Aurellia
Ruling Body: Protectorate High Council (Elected)
Head of State: Lord Protector (Elected from Council)
Current Head of State: Maximus Gerthart
Nobility: Royal House of Versa, House of Giiness, House of Gerthart, House of Jerlm
Relaxed - Peacetime - Alert - Mobilized - Wartime - Invasion
Have Embassies in: Ostronopolis
Alliances: The Eastern Alliance

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Pepperelli wrote:I still need to catch up really, But I may be interested in joining this one. If so - I will likely use my same four characters from the original, although this time in their full capacity as Pepperelli Secret Service, not on Vacation.

Okay. I just sent you a TG (before I read this). We'll figure out some way to catch you up- I really enjoyed RPing with you last time.

Also, Ideam and Havaerre, your characters are both accepted. (And Tanaara's, as posted above.)
Last edited by Almajoya on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:37 pm

The IC thread is up! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10629&start=0

All suggestions/criticisms/bashings will be welcomed.

Feel free to RP your characters coming. You can start with them entering the courtroom, or if you want to go way back, you can fly into Jade International Airport.

Oh, and fair warning regarding the OP. It's a long 'un.
Last edited by Almajoya on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did you miss me?

Meldaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Jury Duty! The Trial OOC Thread, Open

Postby Meldaria » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:46 pm

I join. :)
The Aryan Nationalist Party of Meldaria
Fascist Imperialist Union
All my comrades join me here today!
Extended Factbook
Democracy has failed. Return to the fascist ways!
FIU Map
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 [1]

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Meldaria wrote:I join. :)

That's fine, but be sure to check my first post in this thread, and post your character here first.

Did you miss me?

Meldaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Meldaria » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Name:James Akio
Born
Opinion on Death Penalty: Death is merciful compared to life in prison
Profession: Sales Clerk
Short Bio: James was born and raised in Almajoya. He has a slightly above average IQ. Other believe he should have a better job, because he is actually pretty smart. He doesn't mind jury duty every once in a while, and was very interested in this case. He is 5"10 173 lbs and 34 Years Old
The Aryan Nationalist Party of Meldaria
Fascist Imperialist Union
All my comrades join me here today!
Extended Factbook
Democracy has failed. Return to the fascist ways!
FIU Map
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 [1]

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Meldaria: Accepted. Let's see what you've got.

Rozarria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 16, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rozarria » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Name: Saria Rosen
Born or naturalized citizen of Almajoya?: naturalized Rozarrian immigrant
Opinion on Death Penalty: Politically: Agrees Personally: Disagrees
Profession: Model and Reporter
Short Bio: She was born in to the Rozarrian Royal Family but she was exiled to Almajoya when she was found forcing herself onto her brother Samuel.

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 pm

*raises eyebrow at that last part*

Accepted, Rozarria. Have fun!

Zimbellomons
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zimbellomons » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Tarod Thingymagummit
Immigrant to Almajoya
Against
ex- Guildmaster

Tarod was once in possession of Prodigious magical abilities. However, while in the process of healing THe Head Magi, Mr. haxX0r, he mis- conjugated a verb. Thus, he accidentally imploded his patient's skull. This resulted in his immediate exile and the suspension of his Abilities.
Last edited by Zimbellomons on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC: Economic Left/Right: 0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10
IC: Economic Left/Right: -7.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.54

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Zimb: Accepted, feel free to jump in.

Nuluht
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuluht » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:08 am

Name: James Grodyberg
Born or naturalized citizen of Almajoya? Naturalized, immigrant from Nuluht
Opinion on Death Penalty: A quick death is preferable to a long life in prison.
Profession: Microbiologist
Short Bio: Born in Berhon, Nuluht in 1973, immigrated to Almajoya in 1980 during the country-wide drought in Nuluht. He really isn't interested in this case, and is only a jury because his attempt to get out of jury duty failed.
Constitutional Monarchy of Nuluht

70000 fulltime troops, 95000 provision troops.

DEFCON: [5] 4 3 2 1

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Accepted, Nul. Go 'head and jump in.

Did you miss me?

Sierra Apathia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sierra Apathia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:20 am

Can i jump in?

Name:
Mark Iringstone
Naturalized, was originally from Sierra Apathia, but was inclined to migrate here due to conflicts in his family.
Opinion on Death Penalty:
Mark is a neutral man, does not recommend the death penalty, neither does he oppose it. However, he does suggest a longer sentence for his term in prison.
Profession:
A lecturer at the national university in Almajoya, his course includes advanced psychology.

Short Bio: (From the Apathian Intelligence Agency)
Classified
NOTE: He is regarded in the directory as highly classified, and all other information pertaining this subject cannot be released to public domain.

Born 1971, and of Caucasian ethnicity, he is a lecturer at the national university in Almajoya. A former Apathian, he regularly visits Sierra Apathia to see his brother, Jack Iringstone, which is the current vice-president of Sierra Apathia. He often goes to a meet in the city center to discuss his interest in Art. He seem to have close relations with a certain woman, whom was believe to have been seen in public by Apathian agents.

He has one godson in Sierra Apathia, in the northern-most states. Other than that, he was a former media journalist before attending to a course in Psychology at the university of Dinsmark. He graduated in 1991 and moved to Almajoya the following year. He fled Sierra Apathia on August 1st, 1991, when his family tore apart, and decided to stay in Almajoya, to live with his cousin.
I love rainbows. :D

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:18 am

Sounds great, jump in! So you know, the national university is (predictably, I know) University of Almajoya. It's in the city of Jade, where this trial is also being held.

Latolia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Latolia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Wanna join!

Latolia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Latolia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:06 pm

*Name:Henry Roswell
*Position:Judge
*Born or naturalized citizen of Almajoya?-Naturalized
*Death penalty?-Against it,he is protector of human rights
*Profession:Lawyer,doctor of law at Almajoya University of Law

Biography,Factbook:

Born in 1964,his car is Ford Fusion Hybrid.Married with Grace Williams(now Roswell).Lives in capital of Almajoya with spouse and three children-Alex(12),Charlie(9) and Lucy(7).He had 193 cases in his law history.
Last edited by Latolia on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Almajoya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:07 pm

Latolia wrote:Wanna join!

Ok, just use the guidelines in the first post to describe your character.

Edit: Aha, you're quicker than me!

Edit 2: I can't take any lawyers, as they don't have to do jury duty. Change his job and you're accepted.
Last edited by Almajoya on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates