NATION

PASSWORD

Trigra Aims on Restoring Guadalupadorian Monarchy (MT)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Vashan held in a laugh as he heard the Mcnernian Prince call Guadalupador, "Doria" He barely held in his desire to pop open his holster and shoot the Prince in the face with his Five-seveN for misnaming the country so terribly. Instead, he walked into the room, and briskly corrected the two. "Your Majesty, may I give you a short history lesson about the country you're visiting?" Inez said with a faux sincere smile. "You see, the name Doria is actually quite incorrect." Inez took a seat, and continued: "In Old Dorian, the land of Guadalupador was first referred to as 'Kahdalupatar', which in old Dorian means: 'The People of the Guadala River, and the Lupan Cliffs.' The Seitrians corrupted the name into 'Guadalupador' once they began their occupation in the 15th Century. The meaning in the last part of the name: '-tar' in Old Dorian means 'People'. Now to correct you, Doria was said by the Seitrians in the 15th Century, because that's what the Dorians called themselves: People. Basically what you're saying in Old Dorian is the Seitrian corruption of the word for People." Inez chuckled, "Isn't that funny? You're just saying that you'll be the 'King of Doria', which makes you the 'King of People'." Vashan turned to Charla. "And, you, Your Magnificent Royal Highness, would be the 'Queen of People.' Rather than being the Queen of Guadalupador." Vashan said

Trigra then intervened. "Commander Vashan, that was quite interesting, but please, leave us." Vashan nodded, and got up and came to attention, saluted and left the room. Guiseppe turned to Emett. "I apologize for his interruption. He's quite a social person. He loves hearing himself talk." Trigra tried to continue the conversation that they were having. "How do you like the tea?" He said with a smile before sipping his cup.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011

The Prince of Mcnernia

Postby McNernia » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:05 pm

The Premiers Residence

The Mcnernian Prince looked at the lady. "Well, the FitzRaymonds must have done something quite phenomenal for the Imperial House for the Ganosian Empire to give you a noble title. The business of Mcnernian peerage making, that makes you a noble. The King, my brother decides who gets invested with orders of chivalry and the title of knight or dame or what have you. There are two types of peerages, inheritable and not. The highest non-inheritable is a Barony and well the highest peerage rank is the King of the Realm." He looked at the Lady. "We dont really care much for blood, I have seen my brother order the promotion of common soldiers to Orders of Chvialry with a knighthood. Once or twice and who then married into noble families. There are Letters Patent that have to be drawn up and such, a damn problem that stands always."

He blushed slightly at the Premiers statement. Then he recovered his composure. The Prince of Mcnernia must not and should not be a humiliated person. The Mcnernian looked at the Premier. "Remind to remember that. The business of remembering the countries name and thank you very much for the history. We cannot and should not act without knowing the history of the place that we are intending to rule." He looked at the Lady FitzRaymond before sipping his tea. The Mcnernian Royal Family was quite powerful personally and politically. The Prince was concerned about what the Premier was, he was making inroads with the Ganosian lady.

SACTO is keeping you afloat...watch your step.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Mcnernia wrote:The Mcnernian Prince looked at the lady. "Well, the FitzRaymonds must have done something quite phenomenal for the Imperial House for the Ganosian Empire to give you a noble title. The business of Mcnernian peerage making, that makes you a noble. The King, my brother decides who gets invested with orders of chivalry and the title of knight or dame or what have you. There are two types of peerages, inheritable and not. The highest non-inheritable is a Barony and well the highest peerage rank is the King of the Realm." He looked at the Lady. "We dont really care much for blood, I have seen my brother order the promotion of common soldiers to Orders of Chvialry with a knighthood. Once or twice and who then married into noble families. There are Letters Patent that have to be drawn up and such, a damn problem that stands always."

"Everything is a meritocracy in Ganosia. It has been this way since the founding of the country, when King Tagor ennobled his twelve illustrious generals after they united the warring states," Charla explained, listening to the Mcnernian's descriptions of his nation. Both his and hers seemed to emphasize that one's personal character, one's achievements, were far more deserving of veneration than the blood that coursed through their veins. "I think that, if we are to rule Doria, we must try to bring about such a system here - I won't reward a man who hasn't earn his keep. The Dorian people need fighters more than ever in these troubling times."

The Prince of Mcnernia must not and should not be a humiliated person. The Mcnernian looked at the Premier. "Remind to remember that. The business of remembering the countries name and thank you very much for the history. We cannot and should not act without knowing the history of the place that we are intending to rule."

"A tour of the country, I think, would be the best first step we could take. The people must know that we're not here to be more of the same. Wouldn't you agree, Emmett?" Charla asked.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011

The Prince and his lady

Postby McNernia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Emett looked at Charla nodding, mertiocracy made the most sense and it was something that was sought after in this age of Republics and well he could not find any fault with it himself. He was raised in the Military which ment that you were gonna rise up by the strength of your right arm and the skill you had with a rifle in your hands when the enemy wants to kill you. So well he understood the business of ennobling generals and such. "It is a good idea to enoble the ones who bear arms in your name so that they will be feel rewarded by their actions. My ancestors came from Hiberia and unified the Kingdoms over the centuries. We ennobled our captains. And I do think a tour of the country would be proper."
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:17 am

“Ability to Choose”
The Imperial Palace
Ghish, Ghant

Empress Sophia of Ghant had been recovering from her hefty pregnancy quite well, she thought. Despite generally feeling gloomy, she wasn’t about to let that slow her down. She ran, played tennis and racquetball at court, swam in the heated pool in the lower levels, and rode her Dakmoor mare Fiona in the park. Most of her baby weight was gone, and sure enough Sophia was well on her way to returning to her pre-pregnancy form and figure…if she wasn’t there already.

Besides all that, there was also the careful attention she paid to her babies. She had read all the baby books under the sun it seemed, and she tried her best to do as they all said, which was harder with three babies but still she tried. Breastfeeding, skin to skin contact, singing, talking…the whole package. Her babies seemed happy, especially Sara. Nathan was a moody baby, while John was quiet.

Then of course there was business. Matters of state took up a good amount of time as they always did. Of late it seemed as though there was more going on as opposed to less, especially under Nymun’s government. Sophia thought he was a nice man, funny, intelligent and courteous, but he was no politician, and it was beginning to show. The man for the life of him could not get anyone to take him seriously. In fact, no Ghantish Prime Minister since Ormond Borlidoc was. Maeson Margela, Yula Zimya and Nymun Izarbegiratzeak all had little confidence in their governments from foreign dignitaries and domestic observers.

What got Sophia’s attention was the recent ascension of Charla FitzRaymond as Queen of Doria. Sophia didn’t know Charla, but she knew Ray. Ray was her brother Martin’s brother-in-law, as Ray was married to Rosa, who was Martin’s fiancée Maria’s sister. Matin spoke very highly of Ray, referring to him as kind, thoughtful and courteous. Martin even considered him a friend, for they hit it off very well at the Grand Ball. Sophia thought to herself, If Charla is anything like Ray, she must be a very good woman, and deserving of the best.

Sophia thought, as she tapped a finger against her mouth, that she would send a message to Queen Charla regarding suitors. She had a few in mind that might be suitable. Two of them being her cousin David Mutu and her brothers’ good friend Gorka Daraskan. Both were good men and knew her brother Ray, so should Charla seek some input on either of them, she need only call him. The third was her husband’s cousin Prince Bryan, a typical Gentry Prince that would serve as a customary offering, for it may seem a slight to the Imperial House should one of its princes not be made an offering.

So it was that Sophia got to work in regards to composing a message, with Guiseppa Triga CCed so he would be informed of the situation and not be taken by surprise.

Empress of Ghant
Sophia of Dakmoor

To: Charla of House FitzRaymond, Queen of Doria
CC: The Yamava Guiseppa Trigra
Subject: Concerning the matter of “King of Doria”
Encryption: Low

Your Majesty,

I would like to first off congratulate you on your ascension as Queen of Doria. This is truly a great occasion for your House as well as your country. And if you are anything like your brother Raymond, then the people of Doria are truly fortunate to have you for a Queen. I do not doubt that the people of that country will be well served by your rulership.

Which brings me to my next point. Naturally, now that you are Queen, the matter of who shall be your King comes into question. I believe that every woman, highborn and low, should have the ability to choose her husband. So having said that, I would like for you to consider suitors from my country that I can have sent to Doria for you to meet and get to know.

The first is my cousin, David Mutu. He is the eldest son of my mother’s brother Gerold, who himself is the second son of my grandfather, Lord Balthazar Mutu. David is intelligent, charming, well educated and has an interest in business, and also is an acquaintance of your brother Raymond from the Grand Ball. He is wealthy and highborn, and he is the type that could serve you well in the capacity of consort.

The second is Gorka Daraskan. He is common born, but comes from a prominent banking family in Dakar. He is a childhood friend of my brothers Martin and Michael, and like David is an acquaintance of your brother Raymond from the Grand Ball. Gorka is also intelligent and charming, but as a common born he has simpler tastes and is very down to earth.

The third and final candidate is Prince Bryan of Ghant, the eldest son of Prince Richard of Ghant, who is the third son of the late Emperor Albert. Bryan is as highborn as highborn gets, and he is charismatic with an impeccable sense of humor. He likes to travel and mingle among the upper echelons of society. You may find him interesting.

Please consider this if you are willing to entertain suitors for your hand, and provide Doria with some options for who might be considered for its new King.

Sincerely,

Empress of Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Ministry of State Security

Vashan stormed into his new office, once occupied by the former Minister of State Security, whom was conveniently taking a very long "vacation" at the bottom of the ocean. He cleared a few papers out of the way, and logged onto Astano's former computer. He searched through the incoming mail that the former Minister received. Intelligence Reports, e-mails from his wife possibly wondering where he was. "Tsk, tsk. She's going to have to keep wondering, it seems." Inez said under his breath as he looked through the dead Minister's Intimate Correspondences. He passed through a few more e-mails before one caught his eye. It was relatively recent, and from the country of Ghant addressed to his object of affection, the Ganosian Lady Charla. He glanced over it, and thought that it would be a wonderful Idea to cause some friendly competition between the two completely ignorant and incompetent royal suitors for the hand of the future Queen. In Vashan's mind, this would give him time to court FitzRaymond, by himself. And so, he sent it on to Charla. Trigra isn't going to be happy about this. He forced down a laugh, before continuing to think. He'll be gone soon anyways. Vashan thought about his planned rise to power, one that he had planned for years. From his years in the First National Assembly as the Creator and for a short time, leader of the Guadalupadorian Nationalist Party, to quitting his political position to run off and join the anti-communist guerrilla group Shadow Force. He had made many friends in the past twelve years, the likes of Carlos Diaz, Amanda Velasquez, and Conrad Rhodes, and even the support of the former Dorian High Admiral, Ghazan Quardya, who did a "favor" for Vashan, intentionally restricting the use of AEWC Aircraft for a certain CSG in the Andaman Sea, which caused a thousand Dorian Sailors to die, and 3,500 to be captured by the Riysans. Unknown to Guiseppe Trigra, it was actually Inez Vashan that was pulling the strings behind the Integralist Government.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:13 pm

OOC: Just speeding things on my end along, taking into account Ghant's letter/Vashan's forwarding of it to Charla. It also will serve to illustrate how the Queen feels, leaving people chances to get to know her and her views and for me to flesh out the whole angle on my end. :)

Queen Charla ("Tameda") I of Doria

As the Queen of Doria, Charla FitzRaymond intended to do all she could to solve the problems facing the war-torn nation. Although she abided by the whims of the Integralists, she insisted that the common people should no longer be forgotten, that measures should be taken to ensure that they would have no reason to doubt the newly restored institution. She took some time to go on tours of Doria, giving candy to children and listening to the concerns of their parents. She felt sorrowful that so many people were suffering in abject poverty and despair. We must all work together, proclaimed the Queen, to rebuild this country, to show the world that Dorians are a proud people. She spent much time talking about these things with Emmett, whom she was still slated to marry. Although she had not yet decided upon it, she figured that she should solicit him for favors. After all, the support of the prospective King, especially someone as high up in the Royal Family of Mcnernia as he was, would be of great help to her cause. The Queen spoke to anyone who would listen, believing that all people should be one united body of patriots.

She retained her Ganosian attendants, who found themselves employed in the Royal Court. They helped to bring some flair to the Court, and helped solidify what would become royal custom. The Queen did not discriminate in her following, allowing many Dorian retainers to join her at Court, but the Ganosians were the visible reminder of her roots, of the homeland she had left behind. She kept in touch with family and friends, and even recieved best wishes from the Empress of Ganosia herself on the occassion of her successful coronation. Even her biological father sent his regards, the second of his many children to find themselves in such lofty positions. So far, there had been no discontent from the SACTO forces who maintained law and order in the country, and Vashan was always around to offer advice whenever requested. She hadn't known of his tastes, but from him had recieved word that the Empress of Ghant had offered suitors. Suitors! To think, Charla would muse with her attendants, that once she was one of the brains, and thus mocked and derided as a potential suitor by her hardly intellectual relatives.

Her reply to the Empress was that they were all welcome to visit at their earliest convenience; after all, it was essential she find an heir to the throne. That made her blush, because that too was usually hardly considered. None of the men of the old country thought her girlfriend material, let alone wife and mother material, and now here she was being sought for by many men. This made the Queen anxious, but also worried. Were they in love with her, or her newfound position? This made her spend many days thinking about it, sitting at her writing desk in her chambers, writing down her observations and thoughts about the Dorian situation.

She wrote in Ganosian, the language of her forefathers. She wrote how nice Emmett was, how devoted Vashan seemed to be, how her attendants debated the merits of Hobbesian ideology with local retainers, how she felt so happy when little girls clamored to hug her as their parents watched. She mused that the SACTO forces themselves seemed to be handling her security, and she found them somewhat unnerving. She did not profess to hate SACTO interference in Doria, but she did not have much fondness for the homophobia that seemed to permeate the laws they sponsored, the ones they compelled her to sign in the interests of state security. Her attendants did not seem to express any fondness for it either, but like Charla stuck to silent complaint, opening their mouths only when something like Communism was spoken of.

Charla did not necessarily hate what amounted to a fringe ideology in her home country, but said of it that it would not rise to power in Doria under her watch. She towed the Integralist line, and chaired several anti-Communist meetings. Her only speeches about Communism seemed to be about it was a flawed, silly ideology that had no real workability. In this, she borrowed from the lectures of her aunt Allison.

Her attendants procured the services of a horse breeder, who contributed to the Queen's stables her very own steed, which she named Phaeton. Riding on Phaeton often, she girded her military uniform with a sword donated to her by the attendants, who seemed to want to recreate a little bit of Ganosia in the Dorian court. Charla cared deeply for Phaeton, and could be found often tending to him alongside those who had been tasked with doing so. She would ride to view soldiers sent out to mop up rebel resistance upon his back, and upon him would give words of encouragement to the soldiers. These were men and women dying in her name, and it was only right to think fondly of them. But as much as she was, as it seemed, willing to integrate into the Integralist system, she found herself sometimes wondering if it could not be reformed to fit her tastes. She thought of speaking with Vashan about this, but the attendants warned that too much criticism may be a casus belli for them to topple her. They also knew their lives were at risk too, and although they knew the Empire would demand answers, that didn't mean they were okay with being disappeared and all.

Charla did not know what to do, sometimes. She would lay in her bed for what felt like an eternity some nights, thinking what to do. She was alone in her chambers those nights, since she hadn't yet felt comfortable having Emmett sleep in the same bed with her. It wasn't anything he did, she thought, that brought this on, but that she simply did not want to forsake her autonomy so soon. She wanted to know he was the right one, not be told he was. What would he do in this situation, though, she would wonder. Would he speak his mind brazenly and openly? Would he simply let the Integralists do everything? She'd turn on the desklight, dressed in nothing but a nightgown or pajamas, and sift through the reports again and again, driving herself up mental walls. She never asked to be Queen. It was still a shock to her that the Dorians thought she was good enough. Why not one of the Imperial Family? Why not Raymond Jr and his Garzan wife? She wasn't wanting to just get the hell out of Dodge and flee back to Ganosia, but she didn't understand why the Dorians thought she was the best candidate - she was even surprised Emmett did not mind she was the illegitimate daughter of a prince, a brother of Empress Quinn. The FitzRaymonds had long since hoped to escape his shadow, and with Charla's coronation and Raymond Jr's marriage, it had seemed they would. But what did the Dorians think? Wouldn't they want a lady of purer blood on the throne? Charla sighed, rubbing her temples, feeling the onset of a slight migraine. She sipped casually from a glass of water and proceeded to read about the Shogun of Nihon. Although she did not share his beliefs, his drive and ambition inspired her. If she was to save Doria, she needed to be the Shogun. She needed to be like the man who rallied the country to him, who became in essence the face of the country.

Was that the solution to the problem? Was that what Doria needed? The bigger question, however, was, would it be possible?

Would it be allowed?

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 pm

OOC: What a Dorian SSM Uniform Looks Like:

2200 Hours: Guadalupadorian Imperial Palace. (1/12/2025)
Minister of State Security, Inez Salutore Vashan

The city of Nosamo was quickly falling asleep as the leader of the Guadalupadorian Secret Police arrived at the newly refurbished Palace. He ordered his driver to drive back to the SSM Offices in Central Nosamo. He was a late night visitor. Inez Vashan checked his watch: 22:00, I'm surprised she hasn't gone to bed yet. He thought as he saw one lit up window on the whole front face of the building. He briskly strided into the former museum, now turned Royal Palace for Tameda I of Guadalupador. He didn't return the salutes the guards at the entrance, since he was nearly halfway up the stairs. His boots made a cold thumping sound as he ascended the once-illustrious palace stairs up to the second floor, where the newly coronated Queen of Guadalupador's bedroom was located. As he neared the door, he adjusted the various decorations on his uniform and straightened out his jacket and his officer's cap. Since Vashan had intentionally arranged that the Mcnernian Prince be housed on the other side of the city, he was finally able to talk to, and possibly confess his attraction to the Queen on his own time, without the interruptions from Trigra and Emmett. He shook his head, and slowly knocked on the door. "Your Majesty, I have noticed that you're still awake. I would like to converse with you for just a few minutes." Vashan said in English, always rolling the "r"s in a sentence on account of his accent. He was calm, cool and collected, he was ready to talk to her in a personal manner.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Guadalupador wrote:As he neared the door, he adjusted the various decorations on his uniform and straightened out his jacket and his officer's cap. Since Vashan had intentionally arranged that the Mcnernian Prince be housed on the other side of the city, he was finally able to talk to, and possibly confess his attraction to the Queen on his own time, without the interruptions from Trigra and Emmett. He shook his head, and slowly knocked on the door. "Your Majesty, I have noticed that you're still awake. I would like to converse with you for just a few minutes." Vashan said in English, always rolling the "r"s in a sentence on account of his accent. He was calm, cool and collected, he was ready to talk to her in a personal manner.

"Vashan? Alright. Just give me a moment."

The Queen of Doria put aside her reports, and then made her way to the door. She was lightly dressed, and would've probably gone to sleep had Vashan not knocked upon her door. Upon opening it, she saw him standing there in his uniform, one reminiscent of those worn by her Dorian courtiers. Letting the man into her room, she returned to her desk and wondered what he had to talk about. Was it something serious?

"So," she said, "what would you like to talk about? Is there something going on I should know?"

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Guadalupador wrote:As he neared the door, he adjusted the various decorations on his uniform and straightened out his jacket and his officer's cap. Since Vashan had intentionally arranged that the Mcnernian Prince be housed on the other side of the city, he was finally able to talk to, and possibly confess his attraction to the Queen on his own time, without the interruptions from Trigra and Emmett. He shook his head, and slowly knocked on the door. "Your Majesty, I have noticed that you're still awake. I would like to converse with you for just a few minutes." Vashan said in English, always rolling the "r"s in a sentence on account of his accent. He was calm, cool and collected, he was ready to talk to her in a personal manner.

"Vashan? Alright. Just give me a moment."

The Queen of Doria put aside her reports, and then made her way to the door. She was lightly dressed, and would've probably gone to sleep had Vashan not knocked upon her door. Upon opening it, she saw him standing there in his uniform, one reminiscent of those worn by her Dorian courtiers. Letting the man into her room, she returned to her desk and wondered what he had to talk about. Was it something serious?

"So," she said, "what would you like to talk about? Is there something going on I should know?"

Vashan saw her open the door, the sight of her so lightly dressed nearly made his head spin. Control yourself Vashan! She'll be yours soon enough! He thought to himself. He put on a caring smile and took a seat halfway across the room. "It's about your suitor, the Mcnernian Prince, Emmett." He started. Since he had the SSM covertly surveillance her, he noticed that she had vocalized that she wasn't in with the Integralist ideas. He used this to his advantage. "Emmett, is a good man. But I've noticed recently that the Yamava has been having some second thoughts with him." Inez weaved a masterfully crafted lie into his statement. "The Yamava believes that we, the Dorians, shouldn't have a man like that on the Throne. Yes, he's a good solider, but being a solider isn't enough. All he will do is play the yes-man to his own brother, the King of Mcnernia. Our Yamava doesn't like that idea at all." Vashan got up, and went over to the window, brushing a few curtains away to look out at the Nosamo skyline. "See, Trigra believes that he will be a weak, pampered leader, similar to Peter III back in 18th Century Russia." Vashan looked back at Charla, still at her desk. He gave her an affectionate look before walking over and placing his chair next to her desk. "That's why Trigra approved the invitation to send suitors in from Ghant... Though in my opinion, they might be the same, from pampered royal backgrounds." Vashan said, lying about the part of Trigra's approval. "We chose you, because you come from a more minor royal house, not an established ruling house that's been around for centuries....We needed a new monarch for a new country." Inez explained softly, looking into her dark brown eyes. He smirked slightly, and suavely said. "That is why we, no, I hold you in such high esteem, Your Majesty."

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:00 am

Guadalupador wrote:Vashan saw her open the door, the sight of her so lightly dressed nearly made his head spin. Control yourself Vashan! She'll be yours soon enough! He thought to himself. He put on a caring smile and took a seat halfway across the room. "It's about your suitor, the Mcnernian Prince, Emmett." He started.

"Emmett? He's a nice man and all, but I don't think I love him." Charla replied. "What do you have about him that I should know?"

Since he had the SSM covertly surveillance her, he noticed that she had vocalized that she wasn't in with the Integralist ideas. He used this to his advantage. "Emmett, is a good man. But I've noticed recently that the Yamava has been having some second thoughts with him." Inez weaved a masterfully crafted lie into his statement. "The Yamava believes that we, the Dorians, shouldn't have a man like that on the Throne. Yes, he's a good solider, but being a solider isn't enough. All he will do is play the yes-man to his own brother, the King of Mcnernia. Our Yamava doesn't like that idea at all."

"Second thoughts?" Charla asked. She listened attentively to Vashan, understanding immediately what he was saying - as the Dorian queen, it was only natural she would find herself having to deal with political intrigue and drama. She didn't know too much about the King of Mcnernia, however, being that most Imperials had not bothered with the affairs of the SACTO nations, but from what Emmett had said, he had governed a realm in a fashion not too far off from her own.

Vashan got up, and went over to the window, brushing a few curtains away to look out at the Nosamo skyline. "See, Trigra believes that he will be a weak, pampered leader, similar to Peter III back in 18th Century Russia." Vashan looked back at Charla, still at her desk. He gave her an affectionate look before walking over and placing his chair next to her desk. "That's why Trigra approved the invitation to send suitors in from Ghant... Though in my opinion, they might be the same, from pampered royal backgrounds." Vashan said, lying about the part of Trigra's approval. "We chose you, because you come from a more minor royal house, not an established ruling house that's been around for centuries....We needed a new monarch for a new country." Inez explained softly, looking into her dark brown eyes. He smirked slightly, and suavely said. "That is why we, no, I hold you in such high esteem, Your Majesty."

Charla found herself blushing at Vashan's praises. No one had ever looked into her eyes like that, let alone praised her like that. "I try my best to be a good monarch. I may be the illegitimate daughter of an Imperial prince, but I feel character is what matters most. I'm thankful for your support, Vashan. What you said to me was rather touching. No one's held me in such esteem before. Usually I'm just the family brain. Prestigious as being a prodigy is, it isn't exactly cool to some people."

Giggling a little, Charla looked into his own eyes, percieving that Vashan had seemed to be rather devoted to assisting her in her duties. Even when riding Phaeton, he was always nearby to check up on her. One couldn't be too careful, her attendants warned, noting that Saikoist rebels could plot to kidnap or murder her.

"I told the Empress of Ghant I wouldn't mind meeting the suitors. I'll take your opinions into consideration, Vashan, but it wouldn't be right for me to dismiss someone without knowing them personally. But sooner or later they'll want me to marry someone so there'll be an heir. I wouldn't be surprised if my family back home was asking around the other houses, wondering if any would like to chip in. It's all so....different, from what I'm used to. I wasn't even girlfriend material before Doria, and now I have men at my beck and call. Next thing I know I'll have a lesbian admirer or something - it seems everything's possible nowadays. Oh, goodness, I must be getting ahead of myself...."

She looked aside to the reports piled up on her desk, and then back to Vashan. "My main desire right now is to better Doria. I want the people to know they have someone to count on. I want to let them know that we are all Dorian first and foremost, and that we ought to work together. It's not right that we should still be butting heads, that I should still be presiding over the funerals of the latest batch of dead soldiers. It's awful business."

She slid out of her seat then, and took her own look out at the Nosamo skyline. "I want to be a role model for all of Doria, Vashan, and if you hold me in such high esteem," Charla said, her voice marked with an unexpected firmness, "you'll help me become just that. Like the Shoguns of Nihon, Doria needs someone to rally around. But what will Trigra and the SACTO men think of that? What do you think?"

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:02 pm

“Pulling the Trigra”
In the air

…these guys are such chumps.

Gorka Daraskan sat in a seat in the back of the private plane en route to Doria from Ghish. The plane was nice, accommodating enough, even if it was a bit posh for his tastes. As it were, Gorka was a very well off commoner…or a very low nobleman, depending on who one asked.

His father Sancho was the head of a banking conglomerate based in Dakar, and was friends with King Malibar of Dakmoor. Gorka’s mother Elia Gorboda was a friend of Malibar’s late wife Elizabeth to boot. This was the situation that led to Gorka becoming friends with Malibar’s children…Sophia, Martin and Michael. They were all very close, and it was a privilege for him to be associated with that upper echelon.

But it was still very much obvious that Gorka was, for all intents and purposes, lowborn, despite the wealth and connections. Even now in that jet, it was evident. Sure he was decent looking with short black hair and blue-green eyes and wearing a casual suit, but next to the likes of David Mutu and Prince Bryan of Ghant, it was clear. And they didn’t let him forget it.

Bryan had grey eyes and brown hair. He was the shortest of the three, but the highest ranking. The man dripped confidence and swagger, and threw money around…perhaps to a fault. His exploits in Ghant were well known, especially his habit of throwing hundred dollar bills at strippers, ala making it rain. He was dressed in a very elegant court costume of black and gold, and his brown hair grew out in lazy curls. He would expect nothing less from the first cousin of the Emperor of Ghant, and the tenth in line to the Obsidian Throne of Ghant.

“Hey, do you think Charla would think it funny if I were to make it rain on her? Just be like, oh shit, its raining, and then stick one in her pants.” Bryan laughed.

“That would be stupid, your highness.” David pointed out. “You would make an ass out of yourself so easily?”

Bryan shrugged. “Why not? She is bastard born and upjumped. You know how those bastard girls are…they get wet when you treat them like whores.”

David shook his head. “Go ahead then, should make it easier for me then, your highness.”

Gorka thought David was a good man. While Bryan was very boisterous and bawdy, David was more proper and polite. The first cousin of the Empress was tall and lean, although not as tall as Gorka, and had dark brown hair and blue eyes. He was the first son of a second son, and as such stood to inherit nothing. This is as good a chance as he has to be somebody as he is ever like to get, Gorka thought of David Mutu.

While David and Bryan were debating the finer points on how Charla would like to be treated, Gorka thought about what Charla said to Sophia before the three gathered in Ghish to ship out on one of the Imperial Family’s private jets. In essence, it conveyed Charla’s willingness to entertain the three of them at the earliest convenience (which happened to be the day after the message was received), and that she would at least entertain them as suitors.

While Bryan as a Prince of Ghant had a great deal of experience with courtship (granted never with success) and David had gone through a few relationships, Gorka himself was just unlucky in love. Even though he didn’t really look it, he was somewhat shy and bookish, although not nearly as much as he had once been. His first crush was Sophia of Dakmoor, and while he always wished that she might return his affections, she never did, nor gave any indication of such.

Gorka listened some more to the debate, and then he chimed in. “I think that maybe Her Majesty wants to be treated with respect.”

Bryan laughed at that. “Respect? Don’t be a pussy. She will think you are weak and limp-dicked. She wants a man, a man that won’t let her forget that he is one. Just wait, you’ll see.”

“No, your highness, she wants a gentleman.” David said. “A man that will win her heart by proving that he is the captain of her heart.”

“Man, why do you got to ruin it?” Bryan shook his head. “All this talk about hearts and shit…what’s love got to do with it? It’s about who should be King…and who would fuck her the best. On both accounts that would be me, seeing as how I am the Prince of Ghant here. You are just the son of a second son of a noble house, and Gorka…he is mud blood.”

Gorka sighed. “I think she just wants to be able to be herself, and be with somebody that will be themselves too…not put on a show or pretend to be someone they are not, or try to act like they are playing a role. I think she is just a normal girl that is an extraordinary situation…maybe she wants a normal guy to share that journey with. Someone who she can relate to and share the experience with…that can understand her well and good.”

The Prince of Ghant clapped. “Wow, man, seriously…you should win an award for that speech, I was moved…to boredom. You see, this is the problem with you lowborn types. You just don’t get how this shit works. Go ahead and play the whole, ‘normal guy’ routine and see how far that gets you. Normal is boring…princes are exciting. That’s what gets the panties off.”

Asshole. Truth be told, Gorka didn’t know what Charla was like or what she wanted. All he knew about her was what he heard from Martin, who was friends with Charla’s brother Ray. Ray seemed like a good guy from when they met at the Grand Ball, but who was to say that Charla was any bit the same? Gorka saw David shake his head as well. David, like Gorka, knew Ray from the Grand Ball, and thought it would be interesting to meet Ray’s sister and see where that went. She had her choice anyway, between the Prince, the Nobleman, and the Commoner. Which would she choose and why? Would she go for personality, rank, politics? So many questions that he didn’t have the answer to. But he was ready and willing to find out.

“Hey Gorka.” David leaned over and said in his coat and tunic. “What do you think about this SACTO business?”

“Well, David, Ghant is in SACTO too.” Gorka pointed out. “So at least there is ample reason to believe that Triga wouldn’t be opposed to us on those grounds, as it would achieve a similar goal if they were wanting the McNernian Prince. We have a Prince from a SACTO country too, and a few other guys to boot.”

David laughed. “That’s what we are eh? Just a few other guys? The son of a second son of a lord and a commoner. What an odd company we make.”

“An odd company indeed. Hey, I would drink to that, mate.” Gorka plucked a bottle of wine from the cooler and poured himself and David a glass. After David took the glass, Gorka raised his. “Here is to being a few other guys.”

“To being a few other guys.” David smiled and drank his glass. “You know, we are probably going to be there pretty soon, wouldn’t you say?”

We are now approaching our destination, please take your seats, The pilot said over the intercom.

“Well, would you look at that.” Gorka pointed out. “Looks like its about that time.”

Bryan grinned as he turned in his seat. “Finally here boys. Now may the best man win, eh?”

“Aye, your highness. Let the best man win.” David said, taking a deep breath afterwards, before turning to Gorka. “You nervous man?”

“…Never been more nervous in my entire life.” Gorka said with a chuckle. It was true though, he could feel the knots in his stomach and that tingling in his legs. “No turning back now.”

The plane landed within a few minutes, and came to a stop at the tarmac. An aide emerged and spoke thus to the group. “The Dorian Palace has been notified of our arrival.”

David and Gorka nodded, and went about getting up and moving towards the exit of the plane, where presumably someone awaited to take them to the Palace. Servants went about gathering the luggage and personal belongings while the guests of honor made their exit.

Meanwhile, Bryan rose from his seat with a stretch and a yawn. “Well, time to go boys…time to Pull the Trigra.
Last edited by Ghant on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:57 pm

Royal Palace, Nosamo Guadalupador

Inez slid over towards the window with Tameda I, and looked out at the skyline with her. "The people need a strong leader, Your Majesty. As strong as the Shogun..." He softly moved his arm around her. He moved in to whisper in her ear. "I can tell you, that Trigra won't matter when you take your rightful place, that I can assure you of." He looked down at her, peering deeply into her eyes. "Please, Your Majesty. Call me Inez." he said, noticing his heart rate begin to rise. "The Suitors from Ghant aren't going to be into you for you, they're there for your status, they want to be crowned a King, that is what ruling families are like." Vashan warned her ever so slightly, while implying that he cared for her deeply. "You WILL better Guadalupador, that is for certain." He said, about to caress her cheek.

Yamava's Residence, Nosamo Guadalupador

Trigra had been working late into the night, essentially running a war behind the scenes against the Guadalupadorian Resistance. No one ever told him that this was going to be an easy job, as he stayed up, looking down at a map of the country, marking places where the Resistance had struck, and where the SSM had counterattacked. He was listening to constant intelligence reports nearly every waking hour just to get a fixation on the situation. Not knowing that forces were in play to depose him within the next few weeks. The Installation of the Queen was supposed to appease the population, but that, like many other plans Trigra attempted to get his fellow Dorians to love him ultimately failed as well. He paid no attention to what was going on in the Royal Palace, he expected Tameda to get married to the Mcnernian and all would go well, right? Little did he know, that there was a series of royal suitors from Ghant headed into Nosamo as he worked, intended by Vashan to cause some competition with Emmett Mcnarin.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:14 pm

Guadalupador wrote:Inez slid over towards the window with Tameda I, and looked out at the skyline with her. "The people need a strong leader, Your Majesty. As strong as the Shogun..." He softly moved his arm around her. He moved in to whisper in her ear. "I can tell you, that Trigra won't matter when you take your rightful place, that I can assure you of." He looked down at her, peering deeply into her eyes. "Please, Your Majesty. Call me Inez." he said, noticing his heart rate begin to rise. "The Suitors from Ghant aren't going to be into you for you, they're there for your status, they want to be crowned a King, that is what ruling families are like." Vashan warned her ever so slightly, while implying that he cared for her deeply. "You WILL better Guadalupador, that is for certain." He said, about to caress her cheek.

"I just hope that I can bring about change in Guadalupador." Charla said, instinctively pulling away from Vashan. "The people of this country need a firm hand to guide them into peace and prosperity. I want them to know they can count on me, despite the circumstances of my enthronement. Otherwise, what point was there in me accepting the invitation?"

She hadn't been so used to such familiarity, such fondness. But she knew what it meant, and she found herself blushing timidly at the thought that this man had seemingly falling in love with someone who was never seen as good enough for a relationship.

"Inez," she continued, "I thank you for your support, but I think I would like to get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning, yes?"

Charla withdrew to her bed, and threw herself back first upon it, looking up at the ceiling. She found herself wondering what she had really gotten herself into. Now one of her closest allies wanted her for himself?

Before she fell asleep, she observed how she wished she could see "those jokesters" now, now that she was surpassing their minimal expectations.

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:21 pm

“The Three Amigos”
Royal Palace
Nosamo Guadalupador

The day was young, but the journey was old and near its end. At long last, the Ghantar approached their destination...the Royal Palace where the Lady Charla awaited them. The private cars rolled up nice and slowly out front of the Royal Palace in Doria, much to the collective relief of the three Ghantish suitors…whom some had referred to as the Three Amigos, for what it was worth.

Prince Bryan got out first, stretching and yawning obnoxiously. “Well, its about fucking time wouldn’t you say boys?”

David got out second, and cracked his knuckles. “It is nice to be here finally, I would say. Although I do wonder, will she like our gifts?”

“I don’t know if she will like yours but I suspect she will like mine.” Bryan sniggered, as he watched Gorka get out last of the three. “Come on lowborn, don’t keep me waiting now.” Bryan leaned into David’s ear. “The runts always slow the rest of the litter down, know what I mean?”

Gorka finally emerged from the car, amidst the buzzing servants and attendants that handled their luggage and personal effects. “…We should probably head inside, for alas Charla is waiting for us, that I do not doubt.”

“No shit, Dakmooran.” Bryan laughed as he turned to lead the way inside the Palace via the main entrance.

Once they were all inside, Bryan snapped his fingers at the herald, who then proceeded to say loudly, “may I present His Imperial Highness, Prince Bryan of Ghant, eldest son of Imperial Prince Richard of Ghant and Princess Minka of Nekulturnya. Joining him are Lord David of the House Mutu, and Mr. Gorka Daraskan.”

Bryan gave a little golf clap. “Thank you, thank you. What an honor and pleasure it is to be here today. Oh Charla, oh Charla, where art thou? Come hither, my lady majesty…whilst thou reveal thyself?” The prince snapped his fingers at the herald again.

“His Highness the Imperial Prince and his companions come bearing gifts for her majesty’s pleasure, should she deem in her royal wisdom to accept such gifts as a token and gesture of the sincerest respect and esteem.” The herald cried out.

So it was that Prince Bryan stood tall and proud in his imperial court costume, David in his traditional noble tunic, and Gorka in his finely tailored suit, watching and waiting to see what would happen next.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Padan-Aran, New Edom

Queen Mara, first of that name, lay on her back on her bed and stared up at the ceiling. Part of the shadow pattern on the ceiling made her think of a person's face--like a man she had seen selling nuts on the streets of Fineberg one day, a century ago it felt like, when her father had been alive.

She was aware of the day growing, the sun rising, and of people whispering outside her door. Her personal maid, Tegan, came in with a tray of food to tempt her; the smell of hot mint tea, warm naan brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with rosemary and sea salt, soft goat cheese and a sliced mango was there. She turned away and faced the wall now. Tegan after a while walked quietly out.

Her dog, Precious, a black fluffy Pommeranian, came and jumped on the bed. She felt the small weight of him, pattering towards her, sniffing at her face, licking her ear, nuzzling her, and she cuddled him more ut of relfe than desire.

Sometimes she thought of a popular song.

There is no pain you are receding
As distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you say
When I was a child I have a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain, you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb.

She finally forced herself to get up and went to the bathroom--and fought the temptation to simply tune out, both on the toilet and in the shower. She stood in the shower, head bent towards the wall, ,letting it rain down over her endlessly before finally deciding she needed to soap herself. She was shocked at how she looked in the mirror, shocked at how fuzzy her teeth felt, how sick she felt.

She didn't bother to dress yet; she simply put on a red and black kimono and went barefoot to her dining room where she sat and finally ate breakfast; it was fresh again. Tegan did not hug her in front of the other servants, but gently passed a hand over Mara's arm while glancing at her. Mara gently held a finger a moment and then read the news while she ate slowly. The food tasted like ashes; she was tired of pretending it did not and ate mechanically.

One of the articles caught her attention:

Elected to the Throne: Lady Charla FitzRaymond

Olyan, Ganosia-Veceria- House FitzRaymond has once again found itself integrating into foreign courts; in this case, however, it is to create one of their own. The family child prodigy, Charla FitzRaymond, was officially offered the Dorian throne by Giuseppe Trigra, the Yamava (leader) of Guadalupador. After much consideration was undertaken, Lady Charla accepted the proposal, clarifying that, "if the Dorian people desire it, I shall be their monarch," and that she would hope to establish peace and prosperity in the troubled nation.

The invitation follows countless Dorian probes attempting to gauge which Ganosian nobleman/woman or prince/princess would be most suitable for the position. Rumor had it that Trigra felt he could not find any survivors of the Dorian monarchy, and so felt compelled to find someone he could Dorianize accordingly. "We feel Lady FitzRaymond to be an excellent candidate," said one Dorian emissary, "and we look forward to observing her bring peace and order to our troubled nation."

Lady Charla said her farewells to family and friends before heading to the airport, boarding the Dorian jet awaiting her arrival. She will be accompanied by a select host of Imperials whom, she says, "are the beginnings of my royal court," and who will assist in her duties. "It's not something you aspire to be." Charla said. "I mean, it's not like I woke up one morning and said, gee, wouldn't it be cool to be a monarch? But I've given it enough thought, and I feel I can make a difference in Guadalupador. I know that some will probably not like me around, but I feel I can do good there to bring the people together."

The Lady Charla's appointment to the Dorian throne follows rumors that Raymond FitzRaymond, husband of Princess Rosa of Garza, will be considered a potential candidate for the kingship of his wife's country, giving even more legitimacy to a house marred by controversy. The house awaits with much trepidation further developments from Guadalupador, and hopes that Lady Charla will be safe and sound in that country. One thing is on the minds of the Empire's citizens, as one of their own goes out to become the Queen of a foreign country. Will she be a victim, an accomplice, or a victor?

We shall bring you more news as this story develops.

Her mother had always discouraged her from even knowing this name, but now it really hit her. It was a shocking feeling, she realized she was about to throw up, and she said, ,"Bucket, Tegan...for the love of God..."

Tegan grabbed an ice bucket for champagne out of a cupboard in the next room, barely getting it to Mara in time. She heaved, it burned, and she wiped her mouth, rinsed with mint tea and burst into sobs that tore at her throat and made her stomach heave again.

"Out ,out," said Tegan to the other servants, waving them away. When they were alone she knelt beside Mara and put her arm around her. "Mara, honey what's wrong?"

"I actually don't know. I feel almost like I should warn her or something," Mara said. "And...it may sound idiotic, but I was thinking of Papa's bastards. I have never wanted to meet them you know. Because I can't help but wonder I guess if Papa really loved them better and Mama just wanted him apart from them. It doesn't make any sense. I don't think there's any real connection."

Mara wanted to talk to someone she could trust about it, and so she talked to Colonel Steven Horvath, who for all that he was her mother's lover was at least her loyal Private Secretary. She got dressed in a knitted dress, shawl and sandals and asked him to see her. When he arrived she was dry eyed, freshly washed, made up, her hair dressed simply in a flowing wave, Tegan standing naked and prettily painted at her shoulder where she sat.

"Colonel, what are our relations with Guadalupador and Ganosia like?"

"They barely exist with the former, and only somewhat with the latter. Ever since the Ganosian government withdrew their embassy over the Gay Re-Education Centers, there has been cool relations between our countries. Without significant trade, tourism or military connections, with no real rivalries or cross interests, there has been no real reason to pursue any change in this"the lean tall bronzed private secretary replied, his elegant frame going to a chair at her beckoning.

"What about unofficially?" Mara asked. "Papa...used to visit there didn't he?"

"Oh yes, he did," said Horvath with a bit of a sad smile. "Your father and I used to go together, in fact, mostly to promote tourism at first but he enjoyed the hospitality, the wide variety of cultures and friendliness of the people, which existed even during the mad dictator's days."

"Have you read this article?" Mara asked, handing it to him.

Horvath scanned it quickly and looked up at her after. "I had not--I'm not sure what difference this will make. It's a troubled country, it's a public relations stunt. Are you concerned about it?"

Mara shook her head. "I'm not sure...I've been wondering about Ganosia...and my father's...other children sometimes." she seemed about to speak and then said nothing. "I'd like you to find out more if you can, and find out who this Charla person is. I feel a bit sorry for her."

Horvath was quiet a moment, and then said, "I think her situation is probably very different from your own. You have had a lot of troubles over the last two years. But I will find out what I can. Do you want me to contact the Council of Ministers in any way about this?"

Mara shook her head. "No, don't trouble them over this...this is more personal than anything."

Horvath bowed and left, but she sat with only the most random thoughts and memories drifting in her mind like clouds for some time.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:08 am

As Queen Tameda handled the day's latest reports, she found her attendants were coming into her office to check up on her. In Ganosian, they spoke in great detail about the old country. It would seem that the Imperial government was quite willing to recognize Tameda's reign. Her family sent her best wishes, and said that if she needed anything, all she had to do was ask them. She sighed, thoughtfully smiling at her attendants. They had already Ganosianized the Dorian court, providing a system of customs and traditions for the new monarchy. The Royal Standard bore the mark of the Sun, the symbol of past Ganosian monarchs. Little Olyan, the locals would have called the Royal Court, being that the Ganosian language was spoken as vividly as it were on the streets of the Imperial capital.

But Tameda baptized herself and her courtiers in the spirit of Dorian nationalism, adopting the local culture for herself. She wore her regnal name and title with pride and spoke powerfully about how Dorians of all stripes needed to band together to face their challenges head on. Her speeches seemed to work quite well. Vashan always said so. Vashan, Charla thought. He had tried to put the moves on her! Why did he fancy her that much? Was it out of love, or love for her position? She did not speak openly about it, save in brief exchanges of the Ganosian tongue with her attendants, who said she ought to keep an eye on him. They said they would also. But, alas, they would soon have to deal with far more than that.

The Ghantar had arrived that day, and they were hopeful to find themselves in the good graces of the Dorian queen. Charla could not believe it, that even more men were after her hand in marriage. But it came with the crown she had put on her head, and so she had to deal with them. But she sent her attendants to recieve them, because "I have to handle this last bit of reports; the Dorian people must come first before anything, even my own needs."

The attendants rounded up the Ghantar and brought them into the inner sanctum of the Royal Court, the throne room, where Her Royal Majesty was awaiting them. Her guards stood silently on each side while her attendants went off to a corner of the room, eagerly watching the Ghantar. Charla studied each one intently, wondering what they would have to say for themselves.

Most of all, she wondered if Vashan was around to see this.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Royal Palace

Vashan stood at attention as the Ghantar arrived, the three young men quickly annoyed him as they left their shiny private cars and conversed with one another. The suitors were exactly as he imagined: disrespectful, pompous, and power-driven. It was typical of young nobles to act as such. Vashan however, didn't let his disgust for them show, rather he put on a neutral face and saluted as they cracked wise, and complained about the voyage over. With attitudes like that, they surely had to be joking over even having a chance with the young Queen of Guadalupador. Right? Vashan thought to himself as the Three Amigos walked into the Palace, and announcing their arrival. He looked over towards the SSM Officer adjacent to him, and gestured him to follow into the Royal Court, to see how the Ghantar would act when presented with Tameda I of the Guadalupadorians. Vashan watched intently as the Queen studied the three suitors, and made eye contact with her as she shifted her gaze inbetween the men. He gave a light smile before looking around at her Royal Court, all Ganosian. It seemed to comfort her to have people of her own ethnicity around, people that spoke the same language as her. He smiled sincerely at some of them, knowing that sooner or later he would use this to his advantage if there were any more issues that would arise on his upcoming ascension to power.

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:50 pm

Bryan, David and Gorka were gathered up and brought to the throne room, where, sure enough, Charla was waiting. She seemed to study them, and as she did, Gorka couldn't help but smile.

Bryan was the first to speak. "Greetings, your majesty. It is such a great pleasure to be guests at your court. Might I have the pleasure of introducing myself, as Prince Bryan of Ghant, cousin of Emperor Nathan IV. These are the other...erm, guests. Them being David of the House Mutu, cousin of Empress Sophia and Gorka Daraskan, from a...lowborn family originating in Dakar." Bryan knelt before Charla and took her hand to kiss.

"I would be remiss if I did not at this time, present you with a gift. One fitting of a sovereign of your stature." Bryan clapped his hands a few times in a pattern, and then some servants came forth with a gift. Bryan ahemed as he grasped at it, revealing a steel longsword with a guilded hilt encrusted with jewels. "A sword, as befits you, your majesty. As you can see, it is new, elegant and beautiful. A sword to match its wielder."

David stepped forth then, more or less doing the same. He knelt before Charla and revealed a box of diamond jewelry...rings, earrings, necklaces, the whole works. "Greetings, your majesty, I am honored to meet you. Please accept this gift of the finest diamond jewelry. May it only enhance your regal beauty."

Unfortunately for Gorka, he didn't have any servants to bear his gift. Rather, he had a bag that was brought in after him that he went to and unzipped. He fumbled around for a bit before bringing it out, and then he brought the box to Charla. Then he went to one knee as well. "Hello Charla...nice to meet you. I have heard many good things about you. I did get you a gift...I hope you like it."

Gora opened the large box to reveal a Kerbasi set, hand carved marble in black and white. "I hope you like board games...maybe you have heard of Kerbasi. If not I would enjoy teaching you how to play sometime. If it pleases your Majesty, that is."

The commoner's lack of noble etiquette in front of the queen made David close his eyes and made Bryan smirk, having to suppress a laugh. The three of them waited on their knees before the queen until she was ready to respond to them and do what she was going to do, one way or the other.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Ghant wrote:[blocktext][align=justify]Bryan, David and Gorka were gathered up and brought to the throne room, where, sure enough, Charla was waiting. She seemed to study them, and as she did, Gorka couldn't help but smile.

Bryan was the first to speak. "Greetings, your majesty. It is such a great pleasure to be guests at your court. Might I have the pleasure of introducing myself, as Prince Bryan of Ghant, cousin of Emperor Nathan IV. These are the other...erm, guests. Them being David of the House Mutu, cousin of Empress Sophia and Gorka Daraskan, from a...lowborn family originating in Dakar." Bryan knelt before Charla and took her hand to kiss.

Although she permitted the kiss, it still made her think how bewildering it was that she was queen at all. Perhaps she was mulling over it too much, especially at a time when a lot of people would simply enjoy it, but she just couldn't believe that she of all people was the Dorian sovereign, even if it was pretty obvious that the position was really just titular, an empty gesture to the traditionalist Dorians unswayed by SACTO's rhetoric. Charla noticed the reluctance Bryan had in pointing out the social status of Gorka, and shook her head as a result.

"Your Highness," Charla began, "it does not matter how one is born, but how one lives."

"I would be remiss if I did not at this time, present you with a gift. One fitting of a sovereign of your stature." Bryan clapped his hands a few times in a pattern, and then some servants came forth with a gift. Bryan ahemed as he grasped at it, revealing a steel longsword with a guilded hilt encrusted with jewels. "A sword, as befits you, your majesty. As you can see, it is new, elegant and beautiful. A sword to match its wielder."

Charla took the ornate sword into her hands, studying it intently. She remembered the swords worn by the officers in the military parades, the one her aunt Quinn wore upon her trusty steed, a curved and deadly representation of her power and authority over all Ganosians. This one was straight, but still deadly, and Charla had it put upon her waist with the help of an attendant. She wore it proudly, being dressed in a military uniform, and smiled thoughtfully at Bryan. "I am thankful for your gift, and your compliment. This sword will no doubt come in handy in the coming days."

David stepped forth then, more or less doing the same. He knelt before Charla and revealed a box of diamond jewelry...rings, earrings, necklaces, the whole works. "Greetings, your majesty, I am honored to meet you. Please accept this gift of the finest diamond jewelry. May it only enhance your regal beauty."

Charla examined the jewelry, saying she would be happy to add these to the royal wardrobe. Even in such troubling times, she had to look her best. Passing the box off to an attendant, Charla reciprocated the smile to David. "My thanks for this gift, David. Such jewelry will compliment the multitude of dresses I have in my wardrobe."

Unfortunately for Gorka, he didn't have any servants to bear his gift. Rather, he had a bag that was brought in after him that he went to and unzipped. He fumbled around for a bit before bringing it out, and then he brought the box to Charla. Then he went to one knee as well. "Hello Charla...nice to meet you. I have heard many good things about you. I did get you a gift...I hope you like it."

Gora opened the large box to reveal a Kerbasi set, hand carved marble in black and white. "I hope you like board games...maybe you have heard of Kerbasi. If not I would enjoy teaching you how to play sometime. If it pleases your Majesty, that is."

The commoner's lack of noble etiquette in front of the queen made David close his eyes and made Bryan smirk, having to suppress a laugh. The three of them waited on their knees before the queen until she was ready to respond to them and do what she was going to do, one way or the other.

"I am afraid I have not heard of Kerbasi. I would be willing to be tutored in it, provided I have the time to enjoy such pleasures. Thank you for your gift. I wish to let you three know how considerate and generous you have been to me, and I will permit you to reside in my palace accordingly."

She then looked to Vashan. "Do we have lodgings for them, Vashan? If not, please procure some."

She rested her hand upon the hilt of her sword, looking over to her attendants momentarily. Saying some words in Ganosian, they began taking the other gifts out of the throne room.

As Vashan would deal with the Ghantar, she wondered if she'd ever have to use this sword.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Inez studied the gifts that the Ghantar had given Charla. A sword. He smiled at the jewel encrusted hilt, and pommel. He smirked as it was passed over to Her Majesty. I'd love to try that sword out on his neck. Vashan thought about murdering Bryan with an ever-so-slight smile on his face. The next gift was less than exceptional, for Vashan at least. Jewelry, the easy way to impress royals... He quickly rolled his eyes, before studying the third suitor, box in hand. Ah, a Kerbasi set, that's unique... Vashan thought as the box was opened to reveal the ornate board game set. Finally, he was called on by Tameda. He stood at attention, and saluted. "Yes ma'am!" He said, and gestured the three Ghantar over towards him. "Now, you three will be lodged in the Sagasa Estate, along with the Mcnernian Prince, in Dedene Heights. It isn't too far outside of the city, and you'll be guarded 24/7 by my men." Vashan led the three out of the court, and out towards their cars. "Your drivers have already been given directions. May your stay in Guadalupador be quite enjoyable." Vashan saw the three off, as soon as possible, and checked his watch. The Inyurstans should be meeting with Trigra by now... Inez smiled, he knew what was about to happen next, the NIS Agents will demand that Trigra step down, or face his demise. That's when Vashan will strike, that's when he'll become the leader of Guadalupador. He ordered his car around to pick him up, and ferry him over to Trigra's residence. Ten years of planning would finally come into fruition. He was about to become Protector Inez Vashan.

Ghant
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:50 am

To Bryan, Charla said, "Your Highness…it does not matter how one is born, but how one lives."

Gorka could tell that Bryan had to restrain himself from making a snide comment…probably something along the lines of, that is something a bastard would say.

She followed that up by saying, "I am thankful for your gift, and your compliment. This sword will no doubt come in handy in the coming days."

To that Bryan smirked as he looked at his companions. “I should hope so, Your Majesty.”

To David’s gift, Charla said, "My thanks for this gift, David. Such jewelry will compliment the multitude of dresses I have in my wardrobe."

To this David nodded in appreciation. “I am pleased to know that, Your Majesty.”

Lastly to Gorka, Charla said, "I am afraid I have not heard of Kerbasi. I would be willing to be tutored in it, provided I have the time to enjoy such pleasures. Thank you for your gift. I wish to let you three know how considerate and generous you have been to me, and I will permit you to reside in my palace accordingly."

“…It would be an honor to tutor you when you have the time and inclination, Your Majesty,” Gorka assured her with a smile.

After the three Ghantish suitors were received by the Queen, they stood up before she addressed them. “I wish to let you three know how considerate and generous you have been to me, and I will permit you to reside in my palace accordingly."

She then looked to Vashan. "Do we have lodgings for them, Vashan? If not, please procure some."

Vashan stood at attention, and saluted. "Yes ma'am!" He said, and gestured the three Ghantar over towards him. "Now, you three will be lodged in the Sagasa Estate, along with the Mcnernian Prince, in Dedene Heights. It isn't too far outside of the city, and you'll be guarded 24/7 by my men."

Bryan scowled. “Will all due respect, Vashan, Her Majesty has declared that we may reside in her palace…which is this one. Not some estate outside the city. Surely you can adhere to Her Majesty’s wishes and find…more appropriate arrangements here in this Palace for guests of Ghant.”

David leaned into Bryan’s ear. “Let’s not pick a fight with this Vashan fellow…let’s do what he says, eh? We must pick out battles, your highness.”

The Prince of Ghant gave Vashan a dirty look before responding softly in turn. “Ah…I suppose you are right. But I won’t forget this slight…not by any means.”

"Your drivers have already been given directions. May your stay in Guadalupador be quite enjoyable." Vashan saw the three off, apparently as soon as possible. Bryan scoffed, David maintained a polite disposition and Gorka…well, he was just glad to be there.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
XX XXX
XX XXX

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads