NATION

PASSWORD

International Freedom Coalition (SignUp/OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:22 am

Organized States wrote:Well, we were just looking for a Consortium with which to develop it (parts come from A nation, while more parts come from B nation, and they are assembled in C nation).

We just were going to make a low-cost stealth fighter aircraft.

Oh, I see. Not sure if I could really contribute though. I wouldn't want to take the place of someone who is actually interested in developing the fighter.
_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:24 am

Republic of Coldwater wrote:
Organized States wrote:Ok, I was about to join that thread, but after doing a little digging, I decided against it.

Anyways, want to help me and the rest of my development team work on a low cost stealth fighter like the F-5?

I can help developing IC Aircraft.

Cool.

I figured there'd be a few versions,
Variant A: The cheap, low observable fighter. Nimble, but with a nice mix of A2A weaponry and AGMs (like the F-5 for example), and a few others have stated interest in buying these
Variant B: A trainer, mainly
Variant C: A variant I was planning on having for the OSAF around the 2020s time frame (super-expensive, wizzbang fighter). It'd act as a drone control platform of sorts, with the pilot directing his drone wingmen to deal with threats and such.

West Aurelia wrote:
Organized States wrote:Well, we were just looking for a Consortium with which to develop it (parts come from A nation, while more parts come from B nation, and they are assembled in C nation).

We just were going to make a low-cost stealth fighter aircraft.

Oh, I see. Not sure if I could really contribute though. I wouldn't want to take the place of someone who is actually interested in developing the fighter.

Okay, then.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:27 am

Organized States wrote:Cool.

Variant A: The cheap, low observable fighter. Nimble, but with a nice mix of A2A weaponry and AGMs (like the F-5 for example), and a few others have stated interest in buying these
Variant C: A variant I was planning on having for the OSAF around the 2020s time frame (super-expensive, wizzbang fighter). It'd act as a drone control platform of sorts, with the pilot directing his drone wingmen to deal with threats and such.

Well variant C wouldn't be the "low-cost stealth fighter" anymore. Although the concept is pretty badass. How would the pilot control his wingmen and his own aircraft at the same time?
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:31 am

West Aurelia wrote:
Organized States wrote:Cool.

Well variant C wouldn't be the "low-cost stealth fighter" anymore. Although the concept is pretty badass. How would the pilot control his wingmen and his own aircraft at the same time?

I know, C would be the ultra-expensive version (like the F-5E).

The commands would be primarily through Voice control (like a beefy, militarized, working Siri).
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:33 am

Organized States wrote:I know, C would be the ultra-expensive version (like the F-5E).

The commands would be primarily through Voice control (like a beefy, militarized, working Siri).

Would that tech be around in the 2020s? The drones would have to have a pretty advanced AI. Also, what happens if the pilot is shot down? Or if he commands the drones to do something that their AI calculates would be stupid?
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 am

West Aurelia wrote:
Organized States wrote:I know, C would be the ultra-expensive version (like the F-5E).

Would that tech be around in the 2020s? The drones would have to have a pretty advanced AI. Also, what happens if the pilot is shot down? Or if he commands the drones to do something that their AI calculates would be stupid?

Yes, I believe so, based on the concurrent speed of research in this field,

Well, due to the fact, that this is a LO stealth aircraft with quite advanced countermeasures, I hadn't planned on the pilot being shot down, but in that case, the drones, have a R2B function or an Self Destruct (basically detonating their ordinance and fuel tanks inside of their bays), depending on the situation (whether the pilot was shot down, or his aircraft has a malfunction).

Their AI, doesn't think, so to speak, it processes. It only does the commands the pilots tell it to do, it will only do the bare minimum.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 am

Organized States wrote:Yes, I believe so, based on the concurrent speed of research in this field,

Well, due to the fact, that this is a LO stealth aircraft with quite advanced countermeasures, I hadn't planned on the pilot being shot down, but in that case, the drones, have a R2B function or an Self Destruct (basically detonating their ordinance and fuel tanks inside of their bays), depending on the situation (whether the pilot was shot down, or his aircraft has a malfunction).

Their AI, doesn't think, so to speak, it processes. It only does the commands the pilots tell it to do, it will only do the bare minimum.

Would the drone be like EDI from Stealth?
Last edited by West Aurelia on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:01 am

West Aurelia wrote:
Organized States wrote:Yes, I believe so, based on the concurrent speed of research in this field,

Would the drone be like EDI from Stealth?

Nope, I saw that movie (didn't really like the whole Top-Gun Sci Fi aspect), but anyways, the computers doesn't have that much autonomy (it can't make decisions), and all of the triggers are pulled by the pilot at the end of the day.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:08 am

2 teh UL Kolo gaize

need sb 2 talk w/
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:00 am

Organized States wrote:
Republic of Coldwater wrote:I can help developing IC Aircraft.

Cool.

West Aurelia wrote:

Okay, then.

I think there should be a Carrier-Based variant alongside some futuristic and cheap variant. You can perhaps add a VTOL System.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:11 am

West Aurelia wrote:West Aurelia gets custom flag (finally)! Special thanks to fellow IFC member Republic of Coldwater!

(Image)

nice
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:12 am

Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Next Washington
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Next Washington » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 am

Next Washington wrote:
Next Washington wrote:Just asking... am I accepted? :unsure:
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so" - RR
"A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." - AG
Factbook Military Statistics
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guerro
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Guerro » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:34 am

Even more irrelevance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvriqdS ... 1-IP5BtBSg

Next Washington wrote:
Next Washington wrote:

Brati and Gib aren't online at the moment, I believe. It may be a while before they can get to you.

Next Washington
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Next Washington » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 am

Guerro wrote:

Even more irrelevance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvriqdS ... 1-IP5BtBSg

Next Washington wrote:

Brati and Gib aren't online at the moment, I believe. It may be a while before they can get to you.

ok, thanks, i'll wait for their decision :)
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so" - RR
"A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." - AG
Factbook Military Statistics
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 am

Right, I'm back. What did I miss?

If anyone new has any queries, suggestions, or concerns, I'm the Prime minister, so feel free to direct them to me, and I'll take care of it. I hope things have been fine for the regulars, but the same applies :)
Last edited by Valaran on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:18 am

Valaran wrote:Right, I'm back. What did I miss?

If anyone new has any queries, suggestions, or concerns, I'm the Prime minister, so feel free to direct them to me, and I'll take care of it. I hope things have been fine for the regulars, but the same applies :)

I think that the vote on the council thread missed the end vote deadline, as it seems to have lasted longer than the previous 2.
Proud Member of the following Alliances:
International Space Agency
IATA
:Member of the United National Group:
INTERNATIONAL JUSTICE SYSTEM FOUNDER
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am

Dragomerian Islands wrote:
Valaran wrote:Right, I'm back. What did I miss?

I think that the vote on the council thread missed the end vote deadline, as it seems to have lasted longer than the previous 2.

Ye deadline is more of a guideline anyway. Much more important is the chance for everyone to vote. I'll be taking a look then. :)
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:28 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:I will help in 72 IC hours. or, after a few others post.

Seeing as Roski i) isn't an IFC member ii) was, diplomatically speaking, the aggressor, iii) Allanea is a member of the CAPINTERN, along with the New Lowlands, I'm inclined to oppose any support.

I am a member of the International Freedom Coalition.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Roski wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:Seeing as Roski i) isn't an IFC member ii) was, diplomatically speaking, the aggressor, iii) Allanea is a member of the CAPINTERN, along with the New Lowlands, I'm inclined to oppose any support.

lol how

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:33 pm

IFC RAPID RESPONSE FORCE ASSISTANCE REQUEST
Formal Country Name: The Roskian Empire
IFC Membership Status (member, observer, or non-member): Member
What conflict that you wish the IFC RRF to intervene in? (provide link): viewtopic.php?p=21592717#p21592717
What factions are involved?: Allanea, Haybusa and Qubec vs Roski, Zerinfriom, Imperial Virmir, and Iron Island Rebellion
What nations support each faction?: ^
What assets are being committed by each nation/faction to the conflict? (Such as troops, aircraft, naval vessels, equipment, supplies, logistical support, etc.): The Roskian Empire is launching at most 5k special operatives, Allanean/Haybusan Air Forces are bombarding the Iron Islands, and unknown numbers/information in Qubec, Zerinite and Virmiran Action have not begun
How did this conflict orriginate? Which party was the instigator?: Short, a rebellion attacked Qubec, I saw it as a prime opporunity to respond with force against Qubec for multiple threats of warfare and the attack on the International Union. Allanea declared war as a response
What is the nature of the assistance that you require?:
Complete and total warfare against Qubec and Allanea, and protection/secrecy for Roskian Special Operation Mission Task Force.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:33 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:
Roski wrote:

lol how

I applied and was accepted by Valaran.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Roski wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:lol how

I will help. I already started part 1 of my battle plan.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS:

None

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Dragomerian Islands wrote:
Roski wrote:

I will help. I already started part 1 of my battle plan.

I see it.

I thank you for your assistance.

Dragomerian Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomerian Islands » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Roski wrote:
Dragomerian Islands wrote:I will help. I already started part 1 of my battle plan.

I see it.

I thank you for your assistance.

The first part of the plan is to draw out their navies and attack them.
IATA
WAR LEVEL
[]Total War
[]War Declared
[]Conflict
[]Increased Readiness
[x]Peacetime
IMPORTANT NEWS: