NATION

PASSWORD

Well, this was boring...

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:Yuuzhan Vong pls.

Wouldn't that be a copyright violation?

I'm sure Lucas is pretty chill, we could just ask him.

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Kelinfort wrote:
Empire of Narnia wrote:Wouldn't that be a copyright violation?

I'm sure Lucas is pretty chill, we could just ask him.

Disney owns Star Wars and they have an army of lawyers....it's not worth the risk. It's one thing for a player to make a Star Wars nation, but an entirely different thing for Max to use Star Wars for his for-profit website. They would get mad if he used their IP in his website without paying royalties.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:43 pm

Luziyca wrote:It was fun and a bit addictive. So much so that I actually missed the bus to go to drama class so I had to walk.

it was highly addictive

I skipped dinner (didn't have it until the Zombies were all exterminated from my region).

I just clicked and clicked and clicked on four browsers so I could time it (I considered using more but I felt that would be overkill).

Infected Mushroom was used from Google Chrome, -Tyrion Lannister- from Firefox, -Littlefinger- from IE, and -Lord Varys/Margaery Tyrell- from the phone.

Click click click click...

It was like firing a bunch of artillery pieces over and over and over...

I kept at it for about four hours until every single zombie in my region was eliminated. Once Westeros/Mount Olympus was safe, I could finally go and have my late dinner and coffee.

The Paradisian Empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 09, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Paradisian Empire » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:46 pm

I wanted to suggest a Vampire vs. Werewolf War next Halloween...
"Semino Losase Gorvindal Ewa" -- "Semino the Great Created Humans"
Greetings & Salutations from The Paradisian Empire
The National Anthem -- Compass

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:49 pm

I found it entertaining, though being Pro-Zed made me an easy target for the over 4,000 Pro-Cure nations in my region.(Which became very aggravating)
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Saarth
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saarth » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Enslaved Humans wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
what's the reward though?

if you're going to lose population for real, there should be something lasting to gain too?

Obviously the gain is the fun you have fighting off the zombie hordes and gaining population supremacy in your region since the people you were fighting decided to throw it away.

Or you could just opt out. I think the majority would. Then maybe we wouldn't have this zombie thing show up anymore. That would be my preference.

No, they wouldn't. The majority like the game and wouldn't want an opt-out button.

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:04 am

Scissoro wrote:Seriously, I think this was just boring. Everyone did pro-cure. The one time of year when NS has a chance to do something different, and the vast majority of people spend their time trying to make it normal again. Where is the fun in that? Where is the adventure? Next year folks, if there is a next year for the Zombie Apocalypse, can we please get a few more pro zombie folks... if for no better reason than to do something different and step outside our shells for a day or so?

I had fun, a lot of it, but so so many people had no fun at all because there was so few zombies out there to infect and horde. Avakael, was listed as a Pro ZOmbie person, yet had not one single attack from anyone. How boring to him. And his experience was not alone. Thousands of people had no change what so ever, no challenge, and most importantly, no fun.

Next year, lets dare to step outside the box for a couple days and make it an apocalypse to remember.

Signed,
Butthurt.

Some people enjoy the rush of keeping their region safe from the pro-zombies like you.
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:11 am

I had fun, but I did find there are some things that could have worked out better from my experience

1- I went tactical kill teams. Fun times, right? They were until the whole of the region I was in went cure and so few zombies existed that I coudn't do anything. Despite every tiniest of factors pointed towards me going high level military, I never even breached the second tier of military ability. Then in the last few hours I went cure just to do something and I got to tier on it. My budget would not support this outcome but everyone in my region went cure and my military experience just stopped at a certain point. Cure is frankly imbalanced in this regard- it can keep going up, military can't. Or was there something just off in my experience?

2- No region should get away without death. Unleash a horde on a nation and even if that nation isn't deploying military force en masse, it stands to reason there will be fighting back against such an attack. Deaths should result from horde attacks. On the other hand, cures are fine but some people should still be dying from that too. Cure someone of being a zombie but what if their body had suffered terrible damage before and they were simply a walking corpse? Guess what they die. And then you have people who don't react well to the treatment anyway and die. Any action you take should result in some death. I launch a military strike? Some of my military personnel should die. Cure and horde? As already stated.

3- As someone said earlier, the Mark I, Mark II, Mark III, etc. didn't seem to be more effective than the other. Maybe they were, but I was noticing the same sort of results for my puppets as I was firing off cure missiles of various marks at various targets, and not just the near automatic 1 million killed at very low population. Maybe as the Hordes get larger, they/the regions they're in/nations they hit with their attacks have infection levels that rise faster and are harder to cure as well as cause more damage in the defense? Military strikes kill more and lose less in both offense and defense? Cure nations lose fewer when attacked and cure more when they fire.

Or maybe for each level you get you can use that sort of superweapon again faster. IE: Have Cure V? You wait 4 seconds between shots.

4- I'd reduce the time limit. It is too easy for someone to just attack a smaller region and keep them in a near infinite loop of ineffectiveness, bring in some allies, and crush them one way or another.

5- On the tally board you have some more lists. "Most Kills", "Most Infected By Horde", etc.

Anyway, the event was really fun in any case. Just some thoughts.:)
Last edited by Holy Marsh on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoths
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hoths » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:09 am

Empire of Narnia wrote:

So would the Tryanids and Zerg.

Although, it would be cool to see something like that.

Hobbiest Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbiest Republic » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:

part of why I said 'or some other alien horde' so I guess we could probably get away with cue 'tyramnids' or 'zyrg' or 'Yurhzan Vorg'
Last edited by Hobbiest Republic on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoPS-Member
CoNS- Founder/Member
UEF-Observer
Amistad Signatory

Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Aboot Meh: Pro-Chife, Pro-Dakka, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Freedom
"That's what forgiveness sounds like, Screaming and then silence."-Carl

Scissoro
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Scissoro » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Making he casualties real would be cool, but I think Nations require a population of a minimum of 5M.
The Global Syndicate A Dynamic, Fast Paced Region

Norhurst
Civilian

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Norhurst » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:24 pm

I had a lot of fun as a zombie emperor. The best part was the anger of the cure people, especially the guy calling for me to get an IP ban because he doesn't like logging in and seeing "0 humans" for a whole day.

Zybex
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zybex » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:34 pm

idk I had a lot of fun, I was glued to my computer during the event, and even almost lost all my people because 10000 islands was hit hard by invaders who wanted to infect and such and was a constant struggle, so I had a lot of fun
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31
image: http://i.imgur.com/Y48hE7Q.png

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your signature.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center