NATION

PASSWORD

What Is This Whole Zombie Thing?

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Gallade wrote:Yes, that's still entirely your problem. There's no mention of these zombies being human, what's the issue there?

Because I based my whole nation around cute Quilavas, not weird zombie-mammals with eyeballs hanging out of their heads and a baby poo green colour.

I dunno, maybe zombie Quilavas would be cute too. Like a black/green palette swap and poison-type powers. Poison blast, anyone?

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:35 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Because I based my whole nation around cute Quilavas, not weird zombie-mammals with eyeballs hanging out of their heads and a baby poo green colour.

Guess what? They don't exist. It doesn't matter.

What is a measly 36 hours to you where your made-up species gets turned into made-up zombies then gets reverted back to normal?

36 hours EVERY YEAR. I plan to stay here for many years and I don't fancy this as an annual event.

Gallade wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Because I based my whole nation around cute Quilavas, not weird zombie-mammals with eyeballs hanging out of their heads and a baby poo green colour.

Yes, and they still are? This isn't some forced canon feature.

Oh, it's not canon BUT IT APPEARS ON THE FREAKING PAGE? How much more forced or canon can you get? Blimey...
I am very far left-wing socially and economically in between capitalism and communism.
I'm sort of a "Radical Centrist", I guess. I support the Australian Green Party most out of any political party, though I don't fully agree with anyone.
Quilava is by far my favourite pokemon as it is cute and badass at the same time and has a fire mohawk!

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:

I dunno, maybe zombie Quilavas would be cute too. Like a black/green palette swap and poison-type powers. Poison blast, anyone?

Now that has to be the best point anyone has made so far. That would be kinda cute, and black and green are the colours of anarchists and the green movement, both of which are pretty cool. You know I'm starting to not mind this so much :3
I am very far left-wing socially and economically in between capitalism and communism.
I'm sort of a "Radical Centrist", I guess. I support the Australian Green Party most out of any political party, though I don't fully agree with anyone.
Quilava is by far my favourite pokemon as it is cute and badass at the same time and has a fire mohawk!

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Twilight Imperium wrote:

Now that has to be the best point anyone has made so far. That would be kinda cute, and black and green are the colours of anarchists and the green movement, both of which are pretty cool. You know I'm starting to not mind this so much :3

Yeah, instead of opting out, send a army of poison Quilavas out to conquer the Nine Realms. That'll teach those grumpy naysayers.

(there should still be an opt out for those who can't find the fun in this though)

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:50 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:

Yeah, instead of opting out, send a army of poison Quilavas out to conquer the Nine Realms. That'll teach those grumpy naysayers.

(there should still be an opt out for those who can't find the fun in this though)

Muahaha XD Though I think I'll be nice and go for cure or dismiss, saying I'm pacifist towards other nations, so I'm not about to invade now poison or not.

I definitely agree though, it's weird there isn't an opt out already. I posted on the technical forum as a couple of people suggested :3

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:01 am

Celinyca wrote:
Ardoki wrote:EVERYTHING WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL AFTER THE EVENT!

Why isn't there a massive red banner on each Nation's home page displaying this extremely useful piece of information, to prevent any negative consequences about the event?

How many players do you think will notice the "(1)" notification sitting next to the NEWS line of their nation's dashboard? Why does the email notification spend ages explaining all the aspects of the event except the part where things revert to normal after it is over? What's wrong with making this point clear?

I don't care if the opt out costed money. I would rather pay $5 as a donation to opt out than take part in the event.

Are you serious? Is it really THAT traumatic to see statistics about zombies on your nation page for 3 days?

I've been told in forum posts that I was "not a living thing," that they were going to hack me apart and use my mutilated remains as raw materials to build biological weapons, that I should be eradicated, and that they wanted to imprison me in a lab where I would be experimented on for the rest of my life. All of these suggestions have been made multiple times, by multiple people, including in OOC forums such as NSG. And I'm OK with this because I understand that NS is not real.

You and anyone else who's still upset about the zombies need to take a step back, calm down, and put this in perspective. Nobody is actually going to die and your nation is not going to be permanently damaged. If you think the zombie thing is stupid, then just ignore it and wait for it to go away.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:20 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Gallade wrote:Yes, that's still entirely your problem. There's no mention of these zombies being human, what's the issue there?

Because I based my whole nation around cute Quilavas, not weird zombie-mammals with eyeballs hanging out of their heads and a baby poo green colour.

I just want you to stop and think for a minute that this is what agitates you. This.

You must have the most comfortable life in the universe.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:37 am

The Holy Therns wrote:

I just want you to stop and think for a minute that this is what agitates you. This.

Many other things agitate me too like climate change, high smoking rates, lack of gay rights etc. But just because this is a more minor issue isn't an excuse to ignore it. If anything it means it's easier to change.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:39 am

Quilavaland wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Many other things agitate me too like climate change, high smoking rates, lack of gay rights etc. But just because this is a more minor issue isn't an excuse to ignore it. If anything it means it's easier to change.

I saw your other thread, dear. The completely unnecessary effort you put into complaining about this non-issue makes it hard for me to believe you could possibly have any genuine problems in your life.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:44 am

The Holy Therns wrote:I saw your other thread, dear. The completely unnecessary effort you put into complaining about this non-issue makes it hard for me to believe you could possibly have any genuine problems in your life.

"We like the status quo, so anyone asking to change it must be marginalized and silenced! They're the ones with a problem, why can't they just do it our way!"

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:46 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:I saw your other thread, dear. The completely unnecessary effort you put into complaining about this non-issue makes it hard for me to believe you could possibly have any genuine problems in your life.

"We like the status quo, so anyone asking to change it must be marginalized and silenced! They're the ones with a problem, why can't they just do it our way!"

I don't participate in the event at all. I just don't particularly fancy when people invent non-issues to complain about.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:48 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Twilight Imperium wrote:

I don't participate in the event at all. I just don't particularly fancy when people invent non-issues to complain about.

You're complaining about complaining about a non-issue. Doesn't that strike you as doubly useless?

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:49 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

You're complaining about complaining about a non-issue. Doesn't that strike you as doubly useless?

Attempting to quiet useless whining is not what I'd call useless, no.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:51 am

The Holy Therns wrote:Attempting to quiet useless whining is not what I'd call useless, no.

So, in short, something annoyed you on Nationstates, so you posted on the forums about it to request that it stop happening?

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:52 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:Attempting to quiet useless whining is not what I'd call useless, no.

So, in short, something annoyed you on Nationstates, so you posted on the forums about it to request that it stop happening?

I must've missed the part where I was annoyed.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:53 am

So, in short, something you disapprove of happened on Nationstates, so you posted on the forums about it to request that it stop happening?

I can keep swapping out beginnings until we get it right.
Last edited by Twilight Imperium on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zombie Fascists
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zombie Fascists » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:54 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

And you're complainig about complaining about complaining about a non-issue. And I'm complaining about that. :p This can go on for ever.

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:55 am

Zombie Fascists wrote:
Twilight Imperium wrote:

And you're complainig about complaining about complaining about a non-issue. And I'm complaining about that. :p This can go on for ever.

Complainception! Seriously though, let the kids opt-out. It's not the worst thing in the world :p

(the worst thing in the world is zombies, and we're going to eat your brains)

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:57 am

Zombie Fascists wrote:
Twilight Imperium wrote:

*Pukes all over the thread* There, now you all have Ebola and it can only go on for 21 days.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:57 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

So, in short, something you disapprove of happened on Nationstates, so you posted on the forums about it to request that it stop happening?

You're putting far too much energy into dragging this off topic to try and accuse me of hypocrisy, dear. Very ironic considering what you're accusing me of hypocrisy about. How about we stop pulling this further than it needs to go?
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:01 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Twilight Imperium wrote:

You're putting far too much energy into dragging this off topic to try and accuse me of hypocrisy, dear. Very ironic considering what you're accusing me of hypocrisy about. How about we stop pulling this further than it needs to go?

It's only hypocrisy if I'm also trying to act like I'm not doing the exact same thing whilst simultaneously pretending to be above this dreary nonsense. That'd be you, my sweet.

But I agree, this need only go on until we have an opt-out button. Mods?

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:03 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

It's only hypocrisy if I'm also trying to act like I'm not doing the exact same thing whilst simultaneously pretending to be above this dreary nonsense. That'd be you, my sweet.

Why? There is already a way to opt-out, which is not participate at all. Ignore it, and it goes away in 36 hours. You don't even have to be online for it.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:04 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:
Twilight Imperium wrote:

Why? There is already a way to opt-out, which is not participate at all. Ignore it, and it goes away in 36 hours. You don't even have to be online for it.

Why, look. Problem solved. No need to tell admins to pull out extra unpaid work.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
Also, N A N A ! ! !

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:07 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:Why? There is already a way to opt-out, which is not participate at all. Ignore it, and it goes away in 36 hours. You don't even have to be online for it.

That's really silly. If you really enjoy Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but once every season they run an episode where every actor is replaced by a trained shark, would you suggest just skipping that episode? Or would you write a polite letter to the producers?

(assume for the sake of the example that that would not be amazing)

The Holy Therns wrote:No need to tell admins to pull out extra unpaid work.

Heartily agreed! That's why this is a polite request for their unpaid work, instead :)
Last edited by Twilight Imperium on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vaspostan
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaspostan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:11 am

I think most of you are forgetting the most important thing here: It's just a game.
Stratocracy of Vaspostan - a coastal nation stretching from a dense forest in the North to an arid desert in the South.
The Vaspostan Defence Force (VDF) is only used for defencive actions.
We mind our own business under the motto "Separati habeant sine impedimento" - Isolation Without Interference

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center