NATION

PASSWORD

What Is This Whole Zombie Thing?

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Brussels
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Brussels » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:15 pm

1. Ignore it.
2. If it bothers you that much, go outside and have a picnic with your grandmother; and don't log in for 36 hours.
3. Quit the damn game.

Quilavaland's argument just completely collapsed on itself.
- An extremely intense reaction against Z-Day
- An insistence of adding an "opt-out" button
- Repeating claims aka trolling

The thread has gone in a roughly circular motion, in which Quil will demand an "opt-out" button and
various sensible nations would give the child some sensible advice, options, etc. Repeat.

Oh, and about the fact of quitting the game.

"I might as well quit the game"
"Nobody is forcing you to keep using the site"
"But I don't want to quit"
A puppet of a puppet of a puppet of a nation.

Those That Have Been Turned Into Zombies
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Those That Have Been Turned Into Zombies » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Don't forget how his arguments about pink shirts!

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:40 am

New Brussels wrote:1. Ignore it.
2. If it bothers you that much, go outside and have a picnic with your grandmother; and don't log in for 36 hours.
3. Quit the damn game.

Quilavaland's argument just completely collapsed on itself.
- An extremely intense reaction against Z-Day
- An insistence of adding an "opt-out" button
- Repeating claims aka trolling

The thread has gone in a roughly circular motion, in which Quil will demand an "opt-out" button and
various sensible nations would give the child some sensible advice, options, etc. Repeat.

Oh, and about the fact of quitting the game.

"I might as well quit the game"
"Nobody is forcing you to keep using the site"
"But I don't want to quit"

Okay, firstly my Grandma is 200 km away and I only see her every 10 weeks.

Also I NEVER said I wanted to quit. I said new people might want to quit because the wouldn't understand.

And nobody gave ANY sensible advice. People just said "it's only temporary so stop complaining", which is not a valid argument. Just being a temporary problem doesn't make it not worth solving.

I'm arguing for the sake of everyone who doesn't like this, not just for me. Sure there are things I can do but in the long run it's better just to put an opt-out for everyones' sakes. Besides nobody like me will complain again if you make an opt-out.
I am very far left-wing socially and economically in between capitalism and communism.
I'm sort of a "Radical Centrist", I guess. I support the Australian Green Party most out of any political party, though I don't fully agree with anyone.
Quilava is by far my favourite pokemon as it is cute and badass at the same time and has a fire mohawk!

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:49 am

For frick's sake everyone. I know it is "not permanent", but that's not a valid reason not to ad an opt out. You keep saying the same thing over and over so why shouldn't I. Obviously I'm not getting the message through. I've said already all the reasons this pisses me off, and just the fact it's only however many days doesn't matter because it happens EVERY YEAR. This argument is going to happen again and again unless you add an opt-out, so just do it.

And like I've said numerous times but you didn't notice apparently, EVERY OTHER FEATURE in the game is optional. YES, there are other issues about death, but you can DISMISS them. Where is my dismiss button here? YES, there are invasions of regions, but you can make one that's password protected where the delegate has no powers. Where is my anti-zombie password?

And just for the record, expressing a minority opinion is not trolling. If the majority of people hated the zombie idea, that wouldn't make everyone who spoke out in support of it trolls would it? So why should it be different the other way around?

Also for those complaining about the child labour and pink shirt analogies, I had to use those because I have no other way to get through to you how ignorant you are being!
Last edited by Quilavaland on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am very far left-wing socially and economically in between capitalism and communism.
I'm sort of a "Radical Centrist", I guess. I support the Australian Green Party most out of any political party, though I don't fully agree with anyone.
Quilava is by far my favourite pokemon as it is cute and badass at the same time and has a fire mohawk!

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Gallade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:55 am

Let's put it this way - the site has no obligation to bother putting in an opt-out clause for naysayers. Why? Because this isn't a zombie apocalypse simulator site, it's not meant to be this huge massive deal the OP and other's like them are trying to make it out to be. It's a silly 36 hour game that you can't even see beyond the "X of which are zombies" unless you actively answer the tucked out of the way special issue at the end of your nation page.

Better advice really can't be given on this issue than already given by others - If you don't like it, ignore it. If you can't, that's your problem.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 am

I don't think that you understand that this too is optional - you can ignore it for no consequences whatsoever, and after a day and a half everything will be back to normal.

This is a non-issue.

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 am

Gallade wrote:Let's put it this way - the site has no obligation to bother putting in an opt-out clause for naysayers. Why? Because this isn't a zombie apocalypse simulator site, it's not meant to be this huge massive deal the OP and other's like them are trying to make it out to be. It's a silly 36 hour game that you can't even see beyond the "X of which are zombies" unless you actively answer the tucked out of the way special issue at the end of your nation page.

Better advice really can't be given on this issue than already given by others - If you don't like it, ignore it. If you can't, that's your problem.

Well that's kind of a major thing if it says your people are zombies. Especially for people like me who chose a particular species as the basis for their nation. Having your prized species turned into the most generic monster in media history is kind of irritating, to put it lightly.
Last edited by Quilavaland on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

RPGers
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RPGers » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:03 am

Think about the people who have to program it in, I mean seriously.

What you're demanding is basically trying to make someone program in something that will change the mechanics of how this event works, before the end of the month. And secondly these people both have lives and are not paid.

Think about them before complaining like this
Last edited by RPGers on Tue Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2,000 times in total.
DEFCON: 5
I pretend to know everything when I know nearly nothing.
My biggest secret is... ERROR, ERROR: Technical difficulties, sorry for the inconvenience
Despite popular belief, I am actually against gambling
My nation exists in every tech, if needed I will specify which I am currently role playing as.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ stars to the person reading this
Oh yeah, I also have a small obsession with political parties, nothing to worry about
proved by the fact I made this

Want to ask me questions anonymously? Go to this website: http://ask.fm/Games_of_Jay

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:03 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:I don't think that you understand that this too is optional - you can ignore it for no consequences whatsoever, and after a day and a half everything will be back to normal.

This is a non-issue.

Well usually when you dismiss something a result of it doesn't show up on your freaking page does it?

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Anarchy

Postby Gallade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Gallade wrote:Let's put it this way - the site has no obligation to bother putting in an opt-out clause for naysayers. Why? Because this isn't a zombie apocalypse simulator site, it's not meant to be this huge massive deal the OP and other's like them are trying to make it out to be. It's a silly 36 hour game that you can't even see beyond the "X of which are zombies" unless you actively answer the tucked out of the way special issue at the end of your nation page.

Well that's kind of a major thing if it says your people are zombies. Especially for people like me who chose a particular species as the basis for their nation. Having your prized species turned into the most generic monster in media history is kind of irritating, to put it lightly.

That heavily tying in to "your problem", eh?
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 am

Quilavaland wrote:
The Five Galaxies wrote:I don't think that you understand that this too is optional - you can ignore it for no consequences whatsoever, and after a day and a half everything will be back to normal.

This is a non-issue.

Well usually when you dismiss something a result of it doesn't show up on your freaking page does it?

How about you ignore it then? Have you forgotten that all of these "nations" are just made up? Who cares if they're turned into zombies over the course of a 36-hour game that happens once a year? What does it matter? Why should we care?

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 am

Gallade wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:

That heavily tying in to "your problem", eh?

Oh yeah because it's not like any other nations are based on a nonhuman species or anythingOH WAIT

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:14 am

RPGers wrote:Think about the people who have to program it in, I mean seriously.

What you're demanding is basically trying to make someone program in something that will change the mechanics of how this event works, before the end of the month. And secondly these people both have lives and are not paid.

Well then they can not worry now and program it for next time. If they had the time to make this whole event they have the time to make a minor adjustment in the next 12 months. At least I can get the idea out there.

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:21 am

I support the non-zombie Quilava initiative. Team Quilava 4 lyfe yo.

Considering how bent out of shape people get, an opt-out for next time is a good idea, assuming it's not like a whole week of coding. Mandatory fun isn't, so quit dogpiling the poor kid for disagreeing with you, ffs.

RPGers
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RPGers » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:22 am

Quilavaland wrote:
RPGers wrote:Think about the people who have to program it in, I mean seriously.

Well then they can not worry now and program it for next time. If they had the time to make this whole event they have the time to make a minor adjustment in the next 12 months. At least I can get the idea out there.

BTW, if you don't want to see death or infection statistics, try the cure option. It will slow down the infection rate and will eventually get to the point where you are turning zombies back into survivors. And then you will be able to cure other nations!
Last edited by RPGers on Tue Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2,000 times in total.
DEFCON: 5
I pretend to know everything when I know nearly nothing.
My biggest secret is... ERROR, ERROR: Technical difficulties, sorry for the inconvenience
Despite popular belief, I am actually against gambling
My nation exists in every tech, if needed I will specify which I am currently role playing as.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ stars to the person reading this
Oh yeah, I also have a small obsession with political parties, nothing to worry about
proved by the fact I made this

Want to ask me questions anonymously? Go to this website: http://ask.fm/Games_of_Jay

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:23 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:I support the non-zombie Quilava initiative. Team Quilava 4 lyfe yo.

Considering how bent out of shape people get, an opt-out for next time is a good idea, assuming it's not like a whole week of coding. Mandatory fun isn't, so quit dogpiling the poor kid for disagreeing with you, ffs.

There is an opt-out; it's called ignoring it. Either by not paying attention to it or not logging-in for a measly 36 hours.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Anarchy

Postby Gallade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:24 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Gallade wrote:That heavily tying in to "your problem", eh?

Oh yeah because it's not like any other nations are based on a nonhuman species or anythingOH WAIT

...What does that have to do with anything, in all seriousness?

Combat Homelessness

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:25 am

Twilight Imperium wrote:I support the non-zombie Quilava initiative. Team Quilava 4 lyfe yo.

Thankyou, finally someone with a brain (no pun intended). But yeah seriously NationStates has done way bigger things in the past, so surely with a whole year until the next event there's enough time just to code in an opt-out.

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:26 am

Gallade wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Oh yeah because it's not like any other nations are based on a nonhuman species or anythingOH WAIT

Um, let's see, because the thing you called "your problem" was me having a nonhuman species I didn't want turned into zombies.

Twilight Imperium
Minister

Founded: May 19, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Twilight Imperium » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:26 am

Gallade wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Oh yeah because it's not like any other nations are based on a nonhuman species or anythingOH WAIT

Any references to "infected humans" would break RP for those nations pretty severely. Though iirc, the wording of the event isn't that specific, so there's that at least.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Anarchy

Postby Gallade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:27 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Gallade wrote:...What does that have to do with anything, in all seriousness?

Um, let's see, because the thing you called "your problem" was me having a nonhuman species I didn't want turned into zombies.

Yes, that's still entirely your problem. There's no mention of these zombies being human, what's the issue there?

Combat Homelessness

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:28 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:

There is an opt-out; it's called ignoring it. Either by not paying attention to it or not logging-in for a measly 36 hours.

Oh god so many posts to reply to :/ Anyway that is a ridiculous permanent solution. Imagine if you said "there is a dismiss for issues, just pretend they don't exist".

And before you say "it's only temporary", no, it's not, it happens EVERY YEAR. It's a permanent part of the game, so it needs to be permanently fixed. This isn't a one-off event that we can just move on from. I'll be dreading it happening again.

Quilavaland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Quilavaland » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:30 am

Gallade wrote:
Quilavaland wrote:Um, let's see, because the thing you called "your problem" was me having a nonhuman species I didn't want turned into zombies.

Yes, that's still entirely your problem. There's no mention of these zombies being human, what's the issue there?

Because I based my whole nation around cute Quilavas, not weird zombie-mammals with eyeballs hanging out of their heads and a baby poo green colour.

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:32 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Gallade wrote:Yes, that's still entirely your problem. There's no mention of these zombies being human, what's the issue there?

Because I based my whole nation around cute Quilavas, not weird zombie-mammals with eyeballs hanging out of their heads and a baby poo green colour.

Guess what? They don't exist. It doesn't matter.

What is a measly 36 hours to you where your made-up species gets turned into made-up zombies then gets reverted back to normal?

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Anarchy

Postby Gallade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:32 am

Quilavaland wrote:
Gallade wrote:Yes, that's still entirely your problem. There's no mention of these zombies being human, what's the issue there?

Yes, and they still are? This isn't some forced canon feature.

Combat Homelessness

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center