NATION

PASSWORD

Eclipse IC (Tactical Horror/Vampire Outbreak/Character RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Eclipse IC (Tactical Horror/Vampire Outbreak/Character RP)

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:16 pm

Co-Op: Theyra

Heaven Base
Undisclosed Location in the United States West Coast
February 20th, 2028

Within the eerie, flickering confines of Heaven Base's dimly lit corridors, a constant hum emanated from the ghostly azure ceiling lights, casting an unsettling pallor over the surroundings. Lieutenant Michaels stood sentinel just beyond the threshold of Captain Griggs' quarters, anxiety and anticipation coursing through him like an electric current, the weight of the day's mission pressing heavily on his shoulders. Operation Striking Tiger had been given the green light, and new recruits, recently approved by the captain, were now joining their ranks.

The team had suffered grievous losses during the harrowing events of Dark December, a tragedy that had left no one unscathed, not even the once-invincible Task Force 666. The horrors of that night still haunted their dreams, the memory of blood-sucking ghouls and the Total Eclipse, dark architects of atrocity.

Now, the time had come for reckoning, a chance to strike back at the shadows that had plunged them into darkness. Task Force 666, once a covert unit lurking in the shadows, was now thrust into the forefront of this clandestine war. Their mission was clear: to bring a decisive end to these malevolent forces, to cut off the head of the hydra and ensure that darkness would no longer reign. Heaven Base, their sanctuary and fortress, stood ready to launch its angels of retribution into the abyss, their resolve as unwavering as their grim determination to vanquish the forces of evil.

So this is it, the beginning of Striking Tiger. Alan thought to himself as he stood outside of Griggs’ room. They had lost much during Dark December and now with some new blood. The team is ready to get some payback and strike at the vampire menace. But one thing that Alan could not shake from his mind was the cost and making sure that no more lives are lost to the vampires. There has been enough blood spent already and more is sure to follow. But, now he just has to wait and be ready for when the team's next mission happens and he will be ready for it.

The doors to Captain Griggs' room swung open abruptly, revealing the resolute gaze of a man who had commanded countless missions, and now, he was on the cusp of leading one more, a mission of paramount importance for humanity's victory in the ongoing war. Stepping out into the dimly lit hallway, the former SEAL locked eyes with Lieutenant Michaels, a silent acknowledgement passing between them, both aware that this was the day they had been preparing for. Striking Tiger had received the green light from the higher-ups, a fact that needed no words between them.

As they strode down the shadowy corridor, Captain Griggs held a dossier in his grasp. Breaking the silence, he inquired, "Is everyone assembled?"

“Yes, sir, they are, and they are just waiting for you.” As the two walked down the hall and entered the assembly room. Alan spoke, “officer present.”

The assembly room buzzed with casual chatter, a medley of voices from seasoned team members and newcomers alike. They had all been summoned to an undisclosed location on the West Coast, with a simple directive: they were chosen to become part of the legendary Task Force 666. For most servicemen, this team had been shrouded in myth and rumors, but now, for these individuals, it was a tangible reality.

As Captain Griggs and Michaels entered the room, the atmosphere transformed. The cadence of boots fell into a disciplined rhythm as the presence of a commanding officer commanded respect. The captain wasted no time, striding into the circular chamber. A large glass table dominated the center, surrounded by rows of chairs in an amphitheater-style arrangement, each occupied by a member of the team.

"At ease," Griggs declared as he approached the glass table, pressing a concealed button that activated it, simultaneously bringing a projector to life, suspended from the ceiling.

"For those who are new, I'm not one for lengthy introductions. I've reviewed your files, and I assume you've had time to acquaint yourselves with your new teammates. Just know that if you're here, it's because you've made the cut, where most do not. With that said, let's get down to business."

Captain Griggs was not one for ceremonial niceties or coddling his team. They all understood the gravity of their mission, and if anyone was unclear, they were about to find out firsthand. As Michaels handed the captain a small controller, the projector cast an initially blank screen onto the plain plaster wall. With a click, a slide appeared, showing the image of a man familiar to some in the room and a mystery to others.

"Marco Andrade, some of you may know him as 'The Vamp-Che'," Griggs uttered the nickname with a trace of disdain, "the commander of the Western front of the Total Eclipse. This man has been on our radar for months, and now, we have solid intel on his current location." He advanced the slide, revealing a photograph of a street corner building consumed by nature, with boarded windows and a weathered sign that simply read "hotel," signs of abandonment for an extended period. "Downtown Los Angeles serves as his operational base, inside the derelict Continental Hotel at 802 East Seventh Street in Los Angeles. According to our source, he's been holed up there for the last few months. It's been a decaying relic for years, even before the outbreak, making it relatively inconspicuous."

With another click of the controller, the next slide unveiled an intricate schematic of the building, illustrating its composition of three primary floors and a basement section accessible from the rear.

"After the LAPD secures the perimeter, we'll execute a coordinated breach through three entry points, divided among three separate teams. While LA SWAT provides backup at the rear, Team 666 will lead the charge. Lieutenant Michaels will take command of Team Alpha, Lieutenant Rodriguez will head Team Bravo, and I'll lead Team Charlie. You'll find your designated teams in the folders under your chairs. Please retrieve them now."

The team members promptly reached for the folders beneath their chairs, opening them to discover their assigned squad letter and corresponding color. Alpha was red, Bravo was blue, and Charlie was green.

"Some of you may have noticed that you're not assigned to a specific team but rather have been designated to fulfill a specific role. For those who may be unfamiliar with this arrangement, it's standard procedure. You'll be provided with clear instructions on how to proceed," Griggs explained before advancing to the next slide. This time, it displayed a simplified, rougher schematic of the building. Griggs approached the glass table and produced several colored markers from his pocket, using them to highlight areas of concern, the screen on the wall projecting his markings on the schematics.

"Team B will breach the first floor, securing the entrance and clearing it out. Simultaneously, Teams A and C will breach from the roof access and fire escapes, respectively. We won't allow them to trap us; we'll strike swiftly and decisively. The primary area of concern is here," he emphasized the marked basement area, "the basement access is the wildcard. We must secure all floors rapidly and reach that underground entrance within minutes. Our intel indicates that the Total Eclipse received a cargo, undisclosed to our sources, a few days ago via a truck. There has been no further movement in or out of the building since, and we suspect the cargo might contain explosives. We can't afford a repeat of the UN attacks, let alone Dark December. So, capturing Andrade is as much a priority as securing that cargo."

After returning the marker to his pocket, Griggs leaned against the table, addressing the audience with a stern countenance. "Any questions?"
Last edited by Arengin Union on Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Ardchu
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 07, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ardchu » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:54 am

“Aye, I got a question,” Éaighnon said, looking at his color. “When will we be told of what we’re doin? I noticed ‘ere it said ‘crowd control’, are we expecting to deal with a lot of abhartachs?” The Irishman said, using his term for the vampires. He fiddled with his Shillelagh strap on his hip, waiting for a response.

“Ja, I, uhh, also have a qvestion?” Roscher said, right after his friend Éaighnon. “Should I bring, eh… bombs?”
Ardchu is a fun country to enjoy nature in, but also you can be murdered on the street by police or by the native wildlife, who are citizens here. And yes, we can talk with them and they can talk with us. They are equal citizens of this country, and we are disgusted by speciesism. They are canonically as smart as humans and can think for themselves, and many of them have run the country. National language is Ardchuan, but it's mandatory to learn at least one other nature language in school.

please check these out as well, I feel like it could be a cool thing to do:

Flag made by Reprapburg

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:30 am

Special Agent Briley, Josephine F.
alo, tla yitsëneu giyi, dilalëga sëtlëdou

Josephine looked around the room. She had been concerned that, having been plucked right out of training, she’d find herself significantly junior to the rest of her comrades. But many of those around her seemed not much older than her. Her instructors must not have been kidding when they commented on the growing manpower issue, especially after Dark December.

“Outside of building access points,” asked Special Agent Briley, “Are there any other points of attention for surveillance?”

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:17 pm

GYSGT. Daniel Graves

Graves looked over the rough sketch of the building; already thinking about his assignment. A former hotel would mean a commercial door and accompanying frame. That meant they would be to a certain code unless Total Eclipse had reinforced the entryway covertly. A possibility… but one Graves knew how to overcome.

He might have been a fresh member of the team; but Graves wasn’t new to the game. He knew his role and he was eager to play it well.

Ironically the upcoming firefight was more familiar then the oddity that was the base. A rumored black site that had existed in snatches, even within the Tier One community, it was a change from the typical hustle of a military complex.

Graves closed his folder and gave a glance around the room before he looked at Griggs.

“How loud do you want the breach boss?…. And should I be worried about any… collateral?” He said the last word with an odd inflection that made the word sound like a curse.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:45 am

Sergeant Wade Sim

Sim studied the layout of the hotel shown in the slide. The task force would be split into three primary teams with different means of entrance while another team would be used for crowd control. His team, Bravo, would be breaching the first floor through the main entrance. Due to the condition of the hotel, Wade figured that his role as grenadier could be rather limited, especially if the mission goal is to be a clean capture of a terrorist alive. He should save that unless he could be certain of the building's strength. TF666 would also get support from the LAPD so if things go to plan, they may be able to capture Andrade without a hitch.

Of course, it's pretty rare for things to go to plan, else this whole vampire war probably would've ended a long time ago. When Griggs opened the floor for questions, Wade kept silent. He knows his role and what he needs to do, no need to ask any further questions that weren't already asked by the others.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:08 pm

(OOC: This character has genuinely been accepted on the Discord)

Chloë van den Bosch

Chloë listened to the description of what they were going to be doing. She would have done things differently - but that was exactly why she was here! To learn things from the Taskforce and take them home.

After a few moments consideration, her hand shot up, giving the slight impression of an enthusiastic school student. She waited for Griggs' attention to turn her way before launching into her questions, "Sir, we've got boarded up windows," her accent was the kind you got on news presenters, actors... and people who had learned English from an American language programme, "I'm assuming those could be because its abandoned but could also be to shelter highly progressed infected from the light. What kind of load out will we be carrying?"

"Also," she added quickly, "This basement entrance, do we know where it opens out?"

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:09 am

Captain Andrew Griggs

Several questions and concerns began to pour in, not unexpected for the Captain. Though it was the Irishman who raised concerns first. Griggs had expected as much given McMeagher's background and the UN keeping a tighter leash that he was probably used to.

Ardchu wrote:“Aye, I got a question,” Éaighnon said, looking at his color. “When will we be told of what we’re doin? I noticed ‘ere it said ‘crowd control’, are we expecting to deal with a lot of abhartachs?” The Irishman said, using his term for the vampires. He fiddled with his Shillelagh strap on his hip, waiting for a response.

"Ja, I, uhh, also have a qvestion?” Roscher said, right after his friend Éaighnon. “Should I bring, eh… bombs?”

Griggs initially appeared puzzled by the Irishman's words, but he quickly grasped the underlying concern.

"If you're alluding to the potential for civilian interference, you're right. We'll undoubtedly attract the attention of the locals in the area, particularly in a neighborhood where there's a high population of unregistered vampires outside the Containment Zone," Griggs explained, crossing his arms. "We have solid reasons to believe that the Total Eclipse will have provocateurs on standby to sow chaos, as they've done in the past. Given your prior experience in Atlanta, we'll have a team of riot officers ready to respond. The critical objective is to ensure that the crowds remain oblivious when we apprehend Andrade and his associates."

The captain responded to the German's query, assuring him, "We'll supply the required ordinance for the mission. However, we'll also rely on you, Küchermann, to disable and secure any explosives within the building."

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:GYSGT. Daniel Graves

Graves closed his folder and gave a glance around the room before he looked at Griggs.

“How loud do you want the breach boss?…. And should I be worried about any… collateral?” He said the last word with an odd inflection that made the word sound like a curse.

Griggs responded to Graves' question with a more relaxed demeanor, stating, "They will undoubtedly be aware of our presence, which is why we're going in with shock and awe." He emphasized his point by thumping his gloved fist against his palm. "Regarding collateral damage, this operation allows for engagement without restraint—anyone who attempts to resist, including Andrade himself. While our superiors prefer him alive, eliminating him is a more acceptable outcome than letting him escape. Over the past few months, we've successfully neutralized or apprehended most of the Total Eclipse leadership. Andrade will not be an exception."

The captain's response was straightforward and unflinching. It was then that the golden girl spoke up.

Khasinkonia wrote:Special Agent Briley, Josephine F.

“Outside of building access points,” asked Special Agent Briley, “Are there any other points of attention for surveillance?”

Griggs shared a fleeting, silent exchange with Florence. It was a brief moment, but its significance was palpable. Just as Griggs was about to respond, an unexpected voice disrupted the flow of the conversation.

"Intuitive and as predisposed as expected, Ms. Josephine," the smooth voice of Agent Gregory Markwell resonated from the top of the stairs near the assembly amphitheater's entrance. Dressed in a plain blue buttoned shirt, Markwell descended the concrete steps with distinct tapping sounds, drawing the attention of the Task Force members seated in rows of chairs. He approached Griggs at the glass table.

"Apologies for my tardiness, Captain," Markwell spoke with a gentle tone. "My handlers had some concerns, but everything should be sorted now."

The two men stood face to face at the glass table, and Markwell extended his hand as if requesting something. Griggs handed him the controller for the screen projector, which Markwell accepted. With a nod, he turned to the audience, activating the projector to display further schematics of the LA sewer tunnel system.

"I understand your concerns, Ms. Josephine, and yours regarding the crowd, Sergeant," Markwell said, acknowledging Florence and McMeagher. "As you may or may not know, we've managed to block off or strictly surveil most of the tunnels leading in and out of the Containment Zone. However, covering the broader area of Los Angeles is a different challenge. That's why our task is to monitor the tunnels beneath the building. While the Total Eclipse has used such tunnels in other cities, none have had such an extensive network as LA. We can't station squads of police everywhere, but we've established monitoring points in critical sectors to detect any covert escape efforts. Furthermore, we've identified a covert communication system being used within the building, possibly encrypted radio. Ms. Josephine, your expertise in this area will be invaluable."

Markwell's words carried a hint of admiration for Josephine, although it could easily be seen as a display of his own expertise. "Now, Sergeant McMeagher," he turned his attention to the sergeant, "we have a contact within the local community, a valuable source. This individual will assist in pinpointing potential agitators for you and your team. With any luck, we can mitigate disturbances."

Markwell then returned his gaze to Griggs, and the two exchanged glances. Markwell's demeanor was calm, with a faint smirk, while Griggs wore a scowl and had a stern, unyielding expression. Markwell tossed the controller back to Griggs, who caught it without hesitation. Markwell stepped away from the glass table.

"Captain, the floor is yours..."

Griggs took a few purposeful steps back to the table and addressed the audience.

"Anything else?" He inquired. It was then someone raised their hand, as if they were in school.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Chloë van den Bosch

Chloë listened to the description of what they were going to be doing. She would have done things differently - but that was exactly why she was here! To learn things from the Taskforce and take them home.

After a few moments consideration, her hand shot up, giving the slight impression of an enthusiastic school student. She waited for Griggs' attention to turn her way before launching into her questions, "Sir, we've got boarded up windows," her accent was the kind you got on news presenters, actors... and people who had learned English from an American language programme, "I'm assuming those could be because its abandoned but could also be to shelter highly progressed infected from the light. What kind of load out will we be carrying?"

"Also," she added quickly, "This basement entrance, do we know where it opens out?"

Markwell responded to the question about the basement, stating, "Unfortunately, despite our efforts, gaining access to the building's basement layout has proven to be a challenging task. It's almost certain that the Total Eclipse has taken measures to prevent us from obtaining this information."

"Regardless," Griggs chimed in, his tone firm, "we're well-prepared to handle any challenges that come our way. Now, let me address your question, Lieutenant."

Griggs leaned over the glass table, reaching for an item concealed from view. With a swift, brusque motion, he placed an ammo can on the table without causing any harm to it. He proceeded to click through the projector slides, revealing a comprehensive array of equipment laid out neatly.

"Allow me to introduce you to the Biohazard-protected Loadout for Operations, Uncovering, and Destruction of Enemies, also known as 'The Bloodbane'," Griggs mention of the nickname drawing a few chuckles from the seasoned team members. "This is our standard-issue loadout kit, and it's what we'll be using in this operation. The kit provides a tight seal with reinforced liquid-proof nylon, protecting users from potential exposure, be it bites, gashes, or even spitting. It's highly ergonomic, modular, and the vest combines plates with a classified infusion of Kevlar, making it more survivable. Just don't expect it to shrug off a .50 BMG."

Griggs then opened the ammo can, revealing grenades tagged with fluorescent blue lunes, a 40mm round, and 9mm rounds, each with blue fluorescent markings.

"These are UV-Infused Lethal Ordnance," the captain explained casually. "They haven't been widely distributed yet, but our unit gets early access. Take the Sunbursts, for example. They're similar to flashbangs but emit a powerful blast that releases luminescent particles, causing stage 3's and beyond to scatter. Effective if you find yourself cornered."

Setting aside the grenade, Griggs picked up the 40mm round and described it, "Inferno Shells, not much different from what you've used, Sergeant Sim. Unlike high-explosives, these can penetrate stage 5's and generate a searing flame of burning kaolinite. A single particle touching a vamp will set it on fire, think of it as white phosphorus for ghouls."

He proceeded to showcase the 9mm round, emphasizing its significance to the newcomers. "These are prototypes, capable of easily penetrating a stage 4. They're heavier rounds, at 18 grams for 9mm, 25 grams for .45 caliber, nearly double for 5.56mm. It beats having your face bitten."

Griggs saved the best for last, unveiling the AA-12 shotgun, a well-known tool for close encounters. He raised the weapon and demonstrated it with a quick rack of the top bolt, ensuring it was empty.

"A good spray of 12-gauge can take down stage 3 and 4. Dragon's Breath is pretty effective for that. We also have UVILO's for our AA's, and I'd recommend using those," he set the weapon on the table, reaching into the ammo can "Lastly but not least, a standard UV flashlight," he tossed the flashlight onto the table.

With the equipment overview complete, Griggs turned his attention to the Dutch lieutenant. "Hope that answers your questions," he said, resting his arms on the table. "Now, assuming there are no further questions, we'll be deploying in a few days. For now, settle in. Dinner will be served in an hour, and operational exercises begin tomorrow at 0600. You're dismissed."

With that, Griggs signaled for the team to make their way to their quarters. Markwell, while heading toward the exit hall leading to the rest of the base, added, "Spaghetti and meatballs with Caesar salad tonight."

Heaven Base, though classified in location, resembled most military facilities. Outside the assembly room, the new team members discovered individual quarters, more accommodating than those of regular units, providing a degree of privacy. Each room included a cubby, locker, a simple twin bed, and a desk. At the far end was a recreational room with access to television, comfortable furniture, vending machines, various board games, and table sports. Beyond the main unit building, they found various courtyards with training fields of different types, including mock buildings used for close quarters combat exercises, obstacle courses, hangars, and firing ranges. Adjacent to the building was the mess hall, not too different from others the new members had encountered, but with a variety of more appealing food options compared to other installations.

This was the new home for the newcomers, a place where they would learn to work together on a new front. Task Force 666 was ready to face the challenges ahead.
"I do as I please"

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:41 am

Chloë van den Bosch

As Chloë left she groaned inwardly... 6am exercises. So an early night tonight. There was still an hour until they got fed so she retrieved her duffel bag and made her way to the quarters she had been allocated which were... a pleasant surprise. She'd expected a downgrade from what she'd been used to as a Koninklijke Landmacht Officer, but these actually weren't too bad, "Hmm," she declared, stopping to take the place in, "We kunnen dit wel aan, nietwaar Chloë?" she declared to herself, switching back to her native language since there was nobody else listening.

She took a few minutes to unpack her things. She hung up her clothes, including the civilian wear she had optimistically brought with her then took a few moments laying out her personal effects, which mostly consisted of a few photos of people and other things that were important to her. Her parents. Her cat. A few of her friends. When she was done she felt the place definitely looked a little bit more like home. She sat down on the edge of the bed, taking in the location that she would call home for the next little while... provided she didn't get killed by a vampire. The thought brought her back to the day that had changed everything for her, drawing an involuntary shudder from the young Dutch trooper. She still preferred to sleep with the light on... not that she would tell anyone here that! Perhaps some of the others had been bitten and been treated in time to destroy the infection, but probably while doing something tough and heroic.

She got up again with a small sigh, heading in the direction of the recreational facilities to kill whatever time was left before the food appeared. Again, it was better than she expected. She took a few moments to take it all in before declaring, this time in English, "Well I suppose this stops us from going stir crazy and trying to break out to explore the town."

She stepped over to the couch, then collapsed onto it, stretching her legs out in front of her as she glanced amongst her team mates, "So, what do you all do for fun?" she asked, "And don't tell me it's 6am operational exercises! That would be a deeply disappointing answer."

Ardchu
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ardchu » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:30 am

ÉAIGHNON MCMEAGHER
Éaighnon entered his quarters, mumbling to himself about something in Irish. He made his bed, set up toiletries, and set out a few personal belongings, namely a little Lego mini figure that he made of a 1920s Irish independence fighter, a few pictures of his home in Éirinn, an Irish flag, and a picture of one of his friends he lost in Atlanta. After this, he mumbled a little more in Gaeilge, before emerging to go chat with the rest of the group. Responding to Chloë’s question, he said “well, generally I’d practice with my Shillelagh or play various online games. Or I’d just go and explore nature.”

ROSCHER KÜCHERMANN
Roscher clumsily opened his door to his room, finding it not fitting to him. He hung a German flag up, with a small Bavarian flag in the upper left corner. He didn’t make his bed, basically just throwing sheets and a blanket onto it and calling it. He set down a few neutralized explosives that he had taken as souvenirs, and exited to go find Éaighnon. He found him talking to Chloë, and he sat down nearby, with a little fragment of wood he began carving with a knife, muttering instructions in German as he went. Something about a “Baum”. Maybe he was making that out of wood.
Ardchu is a fun country to enjoy nature in, but also you can be murdered on the street by police or by the native wildlife, who are citizens here. And yes, we can talk with them and they can talk with us. They are equal citizens of this country, and we are disgusted by speciesism. They are canonically as smart as humans and can think for themselves, and many of them have run the country. National language is Ardchuan, but it's mandatory to learn at least one other nature language in school.

Flag made by Reprapburg

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:56 pm

GYSGT. Daniel Graves

When the meeting dispersed; Graves had gone to his room. But he didn’t bother unpacking just yet. Instead he stowed he tossed his seabag and pack on the bed. Then he left with his deployment bag in tow; it’s contents jangling. The breacher dragged his load out of the building, ignoring the mess hall and the various recreations options until he found the building he sought.

His new credentials saw him in and Graves took a moment to appreciate the familiar sight of the cages. A common sight within an operating group, cages were literal cages of chain link that were the domain of single operators. They were customized to the operator’s preferences and were part locker room and part armory.

While new to the unit; Grave’s cage held the basics so far by the look of it. More would come with time but for now it held everything he needed. A Bloodbane hung from one wall; with its accompanying equipment arrayed on hooks and a few able around it. A basic selection of weapons sat within the cage’s (at the moment) sole arms locker.

Graves gave a contented sigh; dragging his deployment bag into the cage and unzipping the flap. Revealing, the more specific tools of his trade. Rams, hammers, crowbars, multi tools, a disassembled saw. The more mechanical and specialized gear would come with time as well. For now, Graves busied himself with placing his tools around the cage.

It had been a few hours when his phone rang. The military issued smart phone was supposed to be for official use only; calling civilian phone’s was tracked and reported immediately via the phone’s internal programs.

Which is why it was a good thing the other phone was military as well.

Grave’s smile mirrored that of his wife when the video chat application opened. Captain Jessica Fisher-Graves had a smile that arched up half her face to her high cheekbones. The other half tried but was stopped by the snarl of scar tissue that was the three slashing scars that dominated her left cheek and forehead. Her golden surfer’s tan made the faded pink of the scars stand out more; highlighting the near miss one line drew near her storm grey eyes.

“Hey Jess” Graves focus was on his wife even as he pulled apart the SIG MPX that had been in his armory. So he saw that she was in a warmer environment now; dusty desert instead of the wooded pines of Ohio. The beanie of the last call was gone now; allowing strands of red to escape the bun hidden by her cover.”

“Hey Daniel, how was potato land?”

“Usual, blew a few doors. Shot a few lunes. Nothing major. Toledo done?” Jess gave a shrug of her shoulder’s as a convoy of trucks passed in her background. Turrets bristling and facing forward as a drab Stryker rumbled behind them; his wife ignored them.

“They folded Toledo into the Great Lake camp. They decided to expand them.” The heavy dose of sarcasm let Graves know Jess’ opinion on that position. “Apparently we need to consolidate resources. So now Great Lakes gets more vamps and lunes per guard. And they decided to do this before they expanded fully. Temporary quarters and doubled living space for all.”

Graces wisely didn’t say anything; his wife continuing on after a defeated sigh.

“But they decided they didn’t need us any more. So they kicked us out to Kansas City. Which is better I guess….. So how’s the spook brigade?”

Graves poured over a selection of optics for his SIG before he selected one and finally responded to his wife.

“Oh you know. Off to fight the vampire overlord’s tomorrow and free the world. Leave dinner on the stove for me would ya?”

Jess’ smile belied a answering quip before yelling and a banging resounded from her screen. Her face morphed into annoyance before she gave a weary glance at the camera, saying a silent goodbye, before she cut the call.

Such calls were frequent over the years since they had married…. Didn’t mean he had to like them.

The breacher gave a sigh as she showed his work for the night and locked his cage up again. It was too late for chow but maybe he could find a drink somewhere in this base.

It was late at night as Graves rooted through a rec room’s fridge for some kind of beverage that had alcoholic content.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:04 pm

Chloë van den Bosch

"Those sound like solo hobbies," Chloë noted, momentarily distracted by the German man muttering about a tree. Or that's what she thought it meant. She could only half understand the mofs, "ahhh... Anyway, what's a shilley-la?" she asked, clearly having no idea what Éirinn was talking about and completely mangling the pronunciation of the funny foreign word, "Is that some kind of musical instrument?"

As Chloë asked the question she spotted someone else rummaging about in the fridge, and though no words were spoken, her mind had gone in much the same direction as his, "Any beer or cider in there?" she called, "If there is, would you mind fetching me one? Pretty please."
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ardchu
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ardchu » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:30 pm

ÉAIGHNON MCMEAGHER
Éaighnon chuckled, unstrapping his Shillelagh from his side and twirling the stick around. “This is a Shillelagh,” he said, smiling. “Otherwise known as the Irish fightin stick. I’ve used it to break the jaws of countless Abhartachs, and that bulb on the end packs a mean punch. Wouldn’t wanna be on the end of it, that’s for sure.”

Flag made by Reprapburg

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:02 pm

GYSGT. Daniel Graves

Graves was vaguely aware of the conversations in the background; though the mention of beer brought his search to mind. Though when he realized that it was a brunette asking him; he began to disregard her request.

Then he found a trio of bottles hiding behind a takeout box. They appeared to be some kind of microbrew though Graves couldn’t decipher its exact taste from the loud, outrageous label.

But beer was beer. And free beer was harder to turn down.

So he withdrew two of the bottles and passed one over to the female operator. Pausing only to pop the beer cap on his belt buckle.

“Bottoms up.”
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:32 pm

Chloë van den Bosch

"Thank you," Chloë took the drink, surreptitiously popping the cap on the corner of a table when she was sure nobody who might tell her off for damaging the furniture was looking, "I'm Chloë," she introduced herself without mentioning a rank, "Chloë van den Bosch. Thank you Sir!" she said, lifting the beer and taking a swig.

A moment later though, Éaighnon mentioned the bulb on his shillelagh and she just about choked, eventually swallowing her first mouthful of beer painfully, by the looks of it. She looked up at him, mirth sparkling in her blue eyes, "Sorry, you could read that in entirely the wrong way if you had a dirty mind," she explained before adding earnestly, "Your shillelagh looks quite well polished."

"Now I, on the other hand, would much rather be at a party or a night club," she said, returning to the original topic, "Though I get the impression we're not really meant to wander off. Somewhat defeats the purpose of the 'secret base' thing if you stumble back to it at three in the morning after a delightful evening on the town. In the event we don't all get killed on the next mission we shall have to have our own party here!"

Ardchu
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ardchu » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:50 am

ÉAIGHNON MCMEAGHER
Éaighnon declined the beer, saying he preferred uisce beatha. He chuckled at Cholë’s joke. “I’m Éaighnon, by the way. Deas chun bualadh leat,” he said, sheathing his Shillelagh and extending his hand for a handshake.

ROSCHER KÜCHERMANN
Roscher snatched up the beer, downing it quickly, before returning to carving the wood. It was starting to take shape, but he was hiding it from other people, occasionally showing it to Éaighnon.

Flag made by Reprapburg

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:02 am

Special Agent Briley, Josephine F.; Agent Markwell, Gregory

Immediately after the meeting, Josephine hurried to catch up to Markwell in the hallway.

“Agent Markwell,” she began as she made her way to his side, “I don’t believe we’ve formally met. Since I figure we’ll be working together especially closely, if you have the time, I’d appreciate the opportunity to properly get to know you. Are you headed to the mess hall as well?”

"In fact, Ms. Josephine, I was," Markwell stated with a somewhat cheerful tone, tucking his smartphone into his pocket. His gaze towards Josephine was direct yet not imposing in the slightest.

With a graceful gesture, the agent indicated for Josephine to follow. As they continued down the hall, a moment of quiet settled before Markwell broke the silence.

"I've perused your file—impressive work during training. However, it's essential to recognize that training and the field are distinct arenas, akin to theory versus application, as they say..."

Josephine nodded quickly, and replied, "I have to admit, even the training varied. I appreciate the vote of confidence I'm receiving here. Manpower issues or none, I know I'm running on a leap of faith here."

Markwell couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's mention of a "leap of faith." The duo swiftly reached the entrance doors of the mess hall, and he courteously opened them for her to enter first. Markwell, at least in demeanor, was a man of manners.

"Well, I must say, reliable people are a rare breed nowadays. I won't sugarcoat it, Ms. Josephine; you've stepped into a playground that most high-ranking individuals would prefer to ignore," he guided the young agent past rows of green tables toward the expansive, silvery-colored self-serving area, handing her a sizable dark tray.

"But the bad guys don't vanish just because we have a nightlight on," he explained. "That's where we come in—we ensure to root out the boogeyman before he snatches the kid from the bed. I wish that were just a figure of speech, but, well, it really isn't."

Markwell took the lead in approaching the kitchen area. Despite the official announcement that dinner would be served later, the CIA agent confidently relied on his rank to secure early treatment for himself and Josephine. Two plates of spaghetti and meatballs, generously coated in red marinara sauce, accompanied by an additional pair of fresh Caesar salads were presented. Markwell deftly handled the dishes, placing the first on his plate and the other two on Josephine's. He signaled for her to follow.

"The jarheads like Griggs may be the ones pulling the triggers, but it's us who guide them to where they need to aim," Markwell continued, leading Josephine to a table at the far end of the mess hall. He took a seat at one end, inviting Josephine to sit at the opposite side, the two now facing each other across the table.

"I think you being here will serve as a wonderful addition to the guiding aspect of this op."

Josephine listened and nodded intently. As Markwell acquired full dishes, Josephine grabbed a soda can with a sticky note with her initials on it. It was...clamato juice? As Markwell finished his monologue, she cracked open the can and looked at it curiously before taking a sip. No point in asking why, after all. There was usually a reason.

"Thank you, sir," she began, "It really is an honor. I hope to prove you right."

After a pause, she turned her attention to the salad.

"Say, they sure do take nutrition seriously here, don't they? Out at the camps, before I started at the academy, I gotta say I started to miss fresh veggies. Never thought I'd find myself there, but here we are. You reckon we can get used to this type of thing?" she added as she took a big forkful of the salad.

Markwell nodded, finding Josephine's amazement at the food somewhat amusing. She reminded him of himself in younger days.

"As long as we execute our job correctly, then yes," he replied, taking a bite of a sizable lettuce chunk. He then sipped from a can of Sprite he had picked up before clearing his throat. "Now, when we're in the op in a few days, I need you to be aware of a few things."

"First and foremost, our intel on Andrade is solid, but it's a 95% certainty. That remaining 5% is what concerns me. We might be dealing with a body double, but the cargo is undoubtedly present."

Markwell twirled a forkful of spaghetti, savoring it before continuing.

"I couldn't care less about Andrade, to be frank with you. Take him out today, and we'll have another vamp filling his spot. But that cargo is the true mother lode. My source has kept a close eye on the building, and we know it hasn't moved."

Josephine nodded knowingly as he spoke and she ate. She tried to temper her appetite and eat at a polite pace, but ultimately she found herself more inclined towards shoveling as she got into the food.

"That makes sense," she began, pausing briefly to remember her manners and swallow before proceeding, "If we just needed him neutralized, we'd just wait until we saw him go in and then have the drone boys blow it to sh—er, bits. We got any idea what it is? Must be real special if we're meant to go in there and get it."

Setting down his utensils and retrieving his phone, Markwell cast Josephine a confident glance. "That is indeed the question here."

"Back in 25, the Total Eclipse managed to smuggle explosives into the UN due to our lack of intel and ground assets. We've broadened our scope since then..." He unlocked his phone, turning it to Josephine. "The TE isn't foolish; they don't transport materials in conspicuous trucks unless it's something they can't dismantle. Hence, this."

Markwell pressed the play button on his phone's screen, unleashing a series of static sounds.

N̶̊͘o̴͗͝ḿ̷͂a̵̎͠d̵́͌ ̷͒̏i̷̽̄s̵̽̀ ̵̽̌a̴͐̿ ̴̓̚g̷̛͝o̴̒. Nomad is ̴̅͋â̶͝ ̶go.

"My contact detected that coming from the building just a day or so ago..." He handed the phone to Josephine. "Whatever they're up to, it's substantial—larger than the UN, the Uprise, or Dark December. Million of lives are at stake here and the world's already teetering on fragile ground, Ms. Josephine. That's why it's imperative we halt it before it even gains momentum."

Josephine's eyes went wide as she raised her eyebrows. She even stopped chewing for a moment as she took the phone into her hands. After the video finished, she swallowed.

"Well...God help us," she murmured, "Since nothing else will."

She handed Markwell's phone back to him.

"You know, even with briefings and all, I never did get a good grasp on what these SOBs are getting at. Killing so many regular humans—seems to me like a case of overhunting and then not even eating the meat. Don't later stage vampires need human blood to survive anyway? So are they just killing off those they need as prey?"

"The Total Eclipse isn't merely a cohort of killers, Ms. Josephine. Yes, they target our compatriots, but they harbor an agenda. It appears they neglect the realities governing our world..." Markwell mused, tucking his phone away in his pocket and resuming his meal.

"They fail to comprehend that the greater the violence they sow, the more arduous it becomes for all Americans to reclaim normalcy... vampires included," he took a crisp bite of lettuce, "yet, once dismantled, our nation will resurge to the forefront in eradicating this scourge. Every journey commences somewhere, does it not?"

Josephine tapped her fingers on the table as she nodded in tacit agreement.

“Something just doesn’t add up about their whole thing as I understand it. But I guess it doesn’t have to,” she mused, “We’ve survived worse…and dumber…after all. Just gotta keep at it harder than they do. I just hope the medical folks figure out a cure one of these days. I’d like to have kids in a world without all this shit, after all.”

Josephine paused and curled some spaghetti onto her fork after delicately slicing off a morsel of meatball to go with it, and added, “Mind if I ask if you got yourself any family to fight for?”

Markwell was surprised by the question, but he remained with a still disposition.

"As a matter of fact, yes. I have people back home, a big reason why I do as I do..."

“Well then, I know I’m in good hands. Fighting for America is nice and all, but it isn’t the same as fighting for your folks back home,” she replied.

United Islands of Polis
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby United Islands of Polis » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:56 am

Corporal Marshall de Venganza | 222nd Chemical Company, 104th Military Police Battalion, NYNG (REASSIGNED: Task Force 666)
February 20, 2028

Interesting. That was the initial impression Marshall had. It was no more than three hours since Marshall had just arrived on the East Coast. Just as fast, in a matter of days they'd not only be executing an operation already, but one to take out a Total Eclipse HVT, Marco Andrade. The New York National Guard never really partook in directly taking down organized Total Eclipse cells, taking him down was going to be a very big step from what he's used to. He'd taken down his fair share of organized vampire rings, those organizing smuggling circles and the like.

As the meeting ended he stood up with the rest and slung the duffel bag over his shoulder, walking towards the quarters. Unsure however of any room assignments, Marshall simply took one of the rooms as his own. Placing the duffel back down carefully, he took out two small boxes. One was a Geiger counter and the other a handheld bio-chemical detector. Both were still new and hence still in their original packaging. He placed them on the table and being new he'd rather he kept them in his quarters for now. After that he started unpacking some clothes, putting his new TF666 uniforms on hangars along with two other civilian outfits, one of them being a simple suit just in case.

The armory was definitely in a different building but it didn't take too long to find it via the small floor plans and maps on the walls. Earlier in the briefing they were presented with a new armor and gear set dubbed as The Bloodbane, and he wanted to see it. On his way in he saw Sergeant Graves exit the building from afar. Entering the armory, the armory technician pointed him to his locker and truth be told it had his name on it, opening it he chuckled. Before leaving he told his company commander in a joking manner that he'd only go if he gave him a few things, a new riot helmet visor and a baton being two of them. And yet there was one, not yet attached to the helmet at least. Grabbing the helmet of the Bloodbane set he felt around the helmet looking for notches, and there were. It didn't take too long to attach and so he put the helmet back, but he wasn't here for that primarily, he was here to examine the armor in its entirety.

Captain Griggs did not lie, the armor was indeed bio-chemically protected but only to a small degree, not like the CBRN or MOPP suits used but in the event they were suddenly exposed to any bio-chemical threats it would be enough to get out. His only issue being the gasmask, it was not one whole visor, it could impede vision, maybe later on they could change the gas masks. There was also a weapon in the locker, an M4A1 with a micro red dot and a grip. It was a fine set up but more intricate CBRN gear for him would be trickling down to the base, the length might impede how he works.

"Hey chief, sorry. Can we turn this into a CQB set up?" Marshall asked as he placed the weapon on the counter.

The armory technician grabbed the weapon and looked at it, placing it on a rack nearby. "Yeah I think we have some CQB barrels in stock, can I ask why?"

"Yeah I'm not sure what other CBRN gear I might have to carry on missions, not to mention Total Eclipse cells like to hide in the armpits of urban hell." Marshall answered.

He and the armory technician had a small talk session for awhile, exchanging info where they came from and original postings but had to end the chat when a knock on a metal door on the other side emanated and the armory tech now had to inventory new items. Marshall having nothing to do decided to head to the recreation room. He'd rather he explored the place alone but as a recreational area it was bound to be occupied, even more so as dusk had only set in. Some of them had beers in their hands while talking. It was only now that he realized there were some people in this task force not from the US Military. Truly an interesting situation.

Opening an overhead cupboard it was just his luck that at the first go it had some snacks, grabbing a bag of chips he opened it up and sat on an armchair across the couch currently occupied. "Sorry, I miss anything?" Marshall said before realizing he forgot his manners. "I'm Marshall de Venganza, can I sit in?"

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:30 pm

GYSGT. Daniel Graves

“Graves” The breacher offered before taking a swig of the beer; grimacing at the odd taste before taking another less enthusiastic swig.

He cast a glance around the steadily increasing number of Task Force members seemingly converging on the rec room. They seemed a colorful cast of characters. Various nationalities and personalities then he typically found in teams.

Though to be fair this team had a different focus then the usual suppression and combat operations he was used to. A lot more intel and law enforcement types.

He wondered how they would feel about his modified breaching gear.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:32 pm

Chloë van den Bosch

Ardchu wrote:ÉAIGHNON MCMEAGHER
“I’m Éaighnon, by the way. Deas chun bualadh leat,” he said, sheathing his Shillelagh and extending his hand for a handshake.

"A pleasure to meet you Éaighnon," Chloë responded, leaning forward to shake his hand, "But you aren't American are you?"

United Islands of Polis wrote:Corporal Marshall de Venganza

Interesting. That was the initial impression Marshall
Opening an overhead cupboard it was just his luck that at the first go it had some snacks, grabbing a bag of chips he opened it up and sat on an armchair across the couch currently occupied. "Sorry, I miss anything?" Marshall said before realizing he forgot his manners. "I'm Marshall de Venganza, can I sit in?"

"Not really," the dark haired woman seemed to be readily engaging with anyone else in the room. She sat in an open, relaxed, posture one arm draped lazily across the back of the couch. She wore an easy smile that seemed to promise you wouldn't get a sharp response if you tried to strike up a conversation, "Éaighnon here was just telling me about his shilli... err Irish fighting stick, and... well that's about it really.

"Chloë van den Bosch," she introduced herself. It was only when she introduced herself that the American sounding accent slipped for a moment and you could detect something else underneath.

She took another sip of her beer, "I had been saying we need to throw a party if we make it back from this next mission. I would say now, but 6am operational exercises," she made as if to stick her fingers down her throat, miming retching, "And flip a coin to see if they actually start with a bugle call at 3am because thats when the really nasty vamps are up looking for lunch, or something like that... either that or it turns into some kind of overly elaborate hazing ritual with robed figures, blindfolds and paddles," she took another sip of her beer, glancing upwards as if considering that possibility, "That might actually be fun," she finished with a smirk.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ardchu
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ardchu » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:58 pm

ÉAIGHNON MCMEAGHER
“No, I’m from Éirinn. Ireland, and the English speakers say. And you? Your name sounds… Dutch, if I’m not mistaken?” Éaighnon said, glancing over at Roscher, whose carving was starting to take shape.

Flag made by Reprapburg

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:07 pm

Abandoned Continental Hotel
Downtown Los Angeles, 12 miles from the LA Containment Zone
February 25th, 2028

Within the dim and suffocating confines of the decaying Continental hotel, a relic from a bygone era, life had once thrived. Now, it stood as a bastion of war, transformed from its former elegance into a makeshift stronghold for the Total Eclipse. Rooms that once exuded refinement now served as arsenals, housing crates packed with C4, ad-hoc medical facilities, and living quarters guarded by armed sentinels. The soldiers, a motley crew clad in a mishmash of military attire and civilian clothing, displayed varying degrees of military gear. Most had been infected by the Human Vampirism Virus, while others remained untouched. Yet, united by a common cause, each wore a distinctive patch or armband—a rhombus with the infamous Blood Moon at its center. This emblem, a fusion of a crimson, blood-like moon and an eclipsed silhouette, embodied the alliance between vampire and human forces in their quest for vampire emancipation and the overthrow of the oppressive United States government.

Amidst the ominous atmosphere of the Continental Hotel, a palpable sense of unease lingered. The headquarters of the Total Eclipse's western front seemed increasingly compromised. Marco Andrade, commander of the western forces, once the embodiment of leadership and order in propaganda posters and murals, now bore the weight of war on his shoulders. Tension etched across his face, his once well-groomed appearance replaced by disheveled hair and a prominent beard. Eyes devoid of rest betrayed the toll exacted by sleepless nights. Even the crimson hue of his stage one affliction failed to mask the toll the conflict had taken on this barely 30-year-old leader.

Undeterred, Commander Andrade strode with an air of authority, navigating through the ranks of his guerrilla fighters. The salute of respect from each soldier punctuated the air as he passed. Close behind him trailed a confidant, wearing woodland camo and a noticeable LAPD vest carrying a multitude of attachments and gear on it. A camouflaged bowie hat concealed their features beneath a mask, adding an air of mystery to their presence. The pair was followed by two other insurgents, acting as escorts.

As they traversed the hotel's labyrinthine corridors, the surroundings painted a stark picture—crates of weapons, boxes labeled "Vamp-Deter," and a reception office fortified with an M2 Browning heavy machine gun manned by vampire insurgents. A sharp salute acknowledged Andrade's passage, and he pressed forward, descending a set of stairs previously barricaded by a now-destroyed metal grate.

Navigating through a maze of hastily constructed fortifications manned by fellow insurgents, Andrade finally descended into a sprawling underground corridor. Overhead, pipes and vents cast an eerie greenish glow from wall-mounted lights, some flickering with an ominous orange hue as if anticipating their imminent demise. As Andrade and his entourage passed other insurgents amidst scattered equipment, they reached a formidable metal door adorned with a stern warning: "DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT PROPER AUTHORIZATION."

Disregarding such formalities, Andrade approached and opened the door slowly. The confidant with the bowie hat entered first, while Andrade turned to his two companions.

"Wait here," he ordered, and the pair complied.

Without hesitation, Andrade and his confidant entered what unmistakably appeared to be a laboratory. The air was thick with the scent of disinfectants, and the room was filled with an array of medical and scientific equipment. They strolled past large pipes bubbling with mysterious fluids, respirators connected to machinery, and vents expelling peculiar gasses. As they turned a corner, they entered a makeshift office dominated by a large table, upon which rested an elongated container resembling a rectangular sarcophagus. Its silver exterior offered no clues to its contents, appearing tightly sealed.

As Andrade approached, both he and his lieutenant were startled by the sudden appearance of a lanky, older man from the opposite side of the table.

"Oh, Mr. Marco!" a nasally voice greeted.

It was Dr. Henry Moonich, clad in a worn lab coat adorned with a multitude of pens in the chest pocket. Dark glasses, clearly in need of replacement, shielded his bald head and goatee. To the casual observer, he might seem the stereotypical scientist, but Andrade knew better; the two were evidently well-acquainted.

"So, Dr. Moonich?" Andrade inquired with crossed arms, signaling the urgency of the situation.

"Oh yes, yes! The package is well sealed, secured, and shouldn't have any issues on the journey!" Dr. Moonich exclaimed, bypassing the table to approach the insurgents.

"The supply of coolant should last well over the predicted time, though I do have concerns regarding the levels o-"

"Doctor, all I need to know is if we're good to go!?" Andrade interrupted, his patience waning.

The doctor paused, contemplating for a brief moment, before offering a straightforward answer, "Yes, it should be all good to go, Commander."

"Good," Andrade responded, turning to his lieutenant. "I need you to gather up the team." From his pocket, he produced a meticulously folded piece of paper.

"These are their names," he said, handing the document to the lieutenant.

“On that sir,” said it so formally and left the room and gathered the team.

Left alone with his thoughts after the lieutenant's departure, Andrade stroked his beard in contemplation. Dr. Moonich approached cautiously.

"Are you certain that this is needed, Commander? The VRA could still try a-"

A single glance from Andrade silenced the doctor mid-sentence.

"Eight years, doc. It's been eight years since the virus spread, since my kind was reduced to slavery. The Association has achieved nothing..." His tone escalated, punctuated by a fist slamming onto the container. Dr. Moonich flinched momentarily, but Andrade swiftly regained his composure.

"No, the time for peaceful dialogue is over. The time for revolution is here, and this is the spark."

Only a few minutes elapsed before a sizable crowd gathered just outside the metal door leading into the lab. Well over dozens of Total Eclipse members had assembled, each bearing the Blood Moon either as a patch or an armband—individuals trusted by Andrade enough to be summoned to a room many dared not approach. A mysterious lieutenant, always in proximity to the commander and shrouded in limited knowledge, stood beside the metal door.

Once everyone was assembled, the lieutenant rapped a couple of times on the door before stepping aside. The door opened to reveal Commander Andrade, his imposing figure undeterred as he emerged.

"Thank you all for gathering," the commander began. "I will not mince words, everybody. We are losing, not only the battle for Los Angeles but the battle for the very heart of this once great nation." Andrade spoke with a slightly disheartened tone, acknowledging a reality that had become undeniable.

Andrade gulped slowly, taking a breath. "But that's about to change, and you all will make sure it happens," he continued.

"If you're here, then rest assured, you're some of the best among us..." His tone shifted to one of genuine admiration, followed by stern convictions. "You're about to embark on a mission that will not only change the course of our struggle, but it will reshape the entire world. Finally, the cause for emancipation and equality will prevail, and you all will spark the revolution that will make it possible."

Dr. Moonich exited the lab room, accompanied by Andrade's personal guards carrying the large silvery container from handles on opposite ends. They placed it in the center of the floor.

"What's inside this package cannot be disclosed, not now..." Andrade said, acknowledging the need for secrecy. "The mission we're undertaking is crucial to our victory. If one of us were to be captured, then we cannot take the risk of the enemy knowing our purpose. But rest assured, you all serve a purpose in Nomad. That is the name of our mission. We must transport this cargo outside the Los Angeles area; that's as much as you need to know at this time."

Andrade ran his hand through his hair before standing beside the container. "You will all be heroes in this battle, whether you live or perish in it, you will be remembered. With that said, if anyone wishes to step out of it, do so now, because there will be no other chances. Otherwise, you may ask any questions that I can answer."

And with that, Andrade waited for anyone to speak.
"I do as I please"

Sivio
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sivio » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:32 pm

As the crowd gathered outside the lab's steel door, Sebastian leaned against the wall, spectacles perched on his nose, giving the assembly a pensive look. His crimson gaze scanned the faces, patches, and armbands proudly sporting their allegiance.

When Andrade appeared, bearing the burdens of leadership openly, Sebastian pushed away from the wall. His own role was fundamentally different but still one bound in this shared struggle. Their commander's words echoed through the room, resounding in everyone's hearts, a stark reminder of the reality they faced.

Andrade didn't sugarcoat the harsh truth. They were losing. Sebastian felt a pang at the admission, understanding the echoes of such words. To the Commander’s words, he stood taller, met the gaze of his leader, acknowledging the truth, acknowledging the bleak roadmap laid before them.

’Nomad.’ The name for their mission swirled through his thoughts as he feasts his eyes at the silvery container in the room's center. Its secrets held a promise of changing tides. Yet those tides exacted a high price, one that every man and woman present would have to consider carefully.

Andrade's final call echoed in the chamber, a stark invitation: a chance to step down, to back away from whatever course they'd embark on. Yet no one moved. Each person standing there was connected by a shared struggle, a common purpose, their will forged in the crucible of hardship.

As the silence drew out, Sebastian stepped forward, taking his place before Andrade. Giving a cursory nod of acknowledgement, he broke the silence, "Commander, I'm here not to back down, but to adhere to the promise of a revolution. Rest assured, my knowledge of our purpose won't extend beyond the necessary. I stand ready for whatever part I am to play in Nomad. However, we should consider preparing contingency plans. Should one or more of us fall, are there protocols to secure our 'package'?”

His voice, though shrouded in resolve, carried an echo of the educator he’d once been, the human he desperately held onto. This wasn't an acceptance of war; it was a commitment to peace, even if the road leading there was soaked in blood and cloaked in shadows.
DEFCON 5: Total Peace/Normal readiness
DEFCON 4: Increased intel/Strengthened Security/Above Normal
DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness/Special Forces ready to mobilize
DEFCON 2: War Imminent/Entire Military ready to mobilize
DEFCON 1: Total War/Nuclear War imminent
DEFCON 0: Total Nuclear War

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:13 pm

Corporal "Dani" Maebach:

Speeches are dime a dozen...

"Well, I hope that you'll tell us soon what's so important about this thing.... sir." Responded the markswoman, arms folded in front of her, glaring at the container. She was clearly irked at being pulled away from her station, doubly so now that her time was spent in a presentation of a new "revolutionary" plan that was shrouded in mystery and what she considered politician wording. And in her lifetime, there had been plenty of promise for change, but none had ever been acted upon or seen through to the end to even get close to change. From politicians to the multiple cell leaders that was "in-charge" of her, they all had made promises they couldn't keep. What was so special about this mission?

Shifting her gaze to Andrade, Danielle continued on.

"My apologies for the skepticism, but I've about heard that line more than I'd like." Danielle paused, memories of all the times her leaders spoke those words almost verbatim. "I've been part of plans to assassinate key figures that are against Vampire Rights, my current commander at time said that their death will bring about a revolution. Been a part of a plan to seduce a government official to either blackmail or willingly cooperate with us to achieve rights. Participated in attempting to infect water supplies... None of those has worked, quite frankly they often lead to the near the destruction of the cell I was in. What makes this any different than those?"

She was willing to be part of this plan, but Dani needed more evidence that it was worth the effort in comparison to just keeping her current home safe with her rifle.
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Proud Member of the Titans RP group.

Sivio
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sivio » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:27 pm

Rynagria wrote:-snip-

Sebastian listened to Danielle voice her concerns, her skepticism resonating aloud amongst the silent assembly. He knew that she was not alone in her thoughts; these very doubts lingered subtly inside almost everyone present, even if they were too loyal or too fearful to voice them.

Stepping forward, he cleared his throat slightly before turning to address Danielle and the crowd, his voice composed but filled with an empathetic resonance befitting their collective past failures.

"If I may answer this," he chimed in, adjusting his glasses.

"Danielle, the difference is that we are seeing lessons in our failures. Yes, we’ve made mistakes, yes, attempts fell through, and yes, we've promised revolutions that didn’t materialize. But every single step, every single failure, has brought us here today," he gestured towards the room before pausing, his eyes meeting hers, "it’s made us wiser, stronger, and more resilient."

He unhurriedly moved his gaze towards the shining cylinder container, a slight shadow of a grin appearing on his face, "And here we are, standing in front of possible game-changer, something that isn’t built on the blood of our brothers and sisters or on the whim of political seduction. We don't know what's inside, but Commander Andrade believes it can make a difference."

Facing once again towards the crowd, his tone softened, "You are right to question the merit of this mission, Danielle. You all should. It is through this skepticism and critical thinking that we will found our true revolution. Our past may have seen rash moves and broken promises, but every stumble is a step forward."

His gaze turns back to Andrade, "Danielle’s point drives home the necessity for transparency, the importance of communicating our victories and failures to each other, and creating stronger plans. Be assured, your questions aren't offensive, but rather welcome, as they only help us shape a robust course of action."

Absorbing the weight of his own words, he finally concludes, "So even if we don’t know what makes this different yet, we are different. Every fallout we’ve survived, every questionable mission we’ve embarked upon - each one was a lesson relevant to our path today."

His eyes sweep across everyone present: "...and we will bring about our long overdue ‘revolution’ for Vampire Rights. I believe so, and I hope every one of you does, too.”
DEFCON 5: Total Peace/Normal readiness
DEFCON 4: Increased intel/Strengthened Security/Above Normal
DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness/Special Forces ready to mobilize
DEFCON 2: War Imminent/Entire Military ready to mobilize
DEFCON 1: Total War/Nuclear War imminent
DEFCON 0: Total Nuclear War

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:54 pm

Commander Marco Andrade

Sivio wrote:As the silence drew out, Sebastian stepped forward, taking his place before Andrade. Giving a cursory nod of acknowledgement, he broke the silence, "Commander, I'm here not to back down, but to adhere to the promise of a revolution. Rest assured, my knowledge of our purpose won't extend beyond the necessary. I stand ready for whatever part I am to play in Nomad. However, we should consider preparing contingency plans. Should one or more of us fall, are there protocols to secure our 'package'?”

His voice, though shrouded in resolve, carried an echo of the educator he’d once been, the human he desperately held onto. This wasn't an acceptance of war; it was a commitment to peace, even if the road leading there was soaked in blood and cloaked in shadows.

Sebastian stood as one of the finest comrades Andrade had ever fought alongside. Their longstanding acquaintance had cultivated a deep personal trust, rendering Sebastian a man Andrade considered an equal despite hierarchical distinctions. Sebastian, with his background as an educator and mediator, naturally assumed the role of the spokesperson for the troopers.

"Of course, Sebastian," Andrade's words adopted a softer tone as he acknowledged his fellow vampire, turning his attention to the assembled crowd.

"While our mission to transport this package is crucial to the war effort, it cannot fall into enemy hands. That's why the Pyro Protocol is on the table, in case either myself, Lieutenant Naomi here," he gestured to the masked officer behind him, "Lieutenant Sebastian, or any of us here can't secure the package then it must be destroyed before it falls into enemy hands."

Andrade anticipated that these words would instigate concern among the gathered individuals. "With that in mind, it's the last resort. The first and foremost approach should always be for every member of the team to do their best to transport the package to a secure location. We all know where the major safe houses are across the state, but we'll also be traversing unknown territory to many." He retrieved a slim device from his pocket, featuring a small screen similar to that of a calculator and three distinct buttons.

"These pagers will be distributed to each and every one of you. They've been modified to serve three functions. The first button confirms your status as green. The middle one signals the nearest Total Eclipse safe haven of your location for potential extraction and assistance," he showcased the pager around the crowd, indicating each button. "And lastly, and most importantly, the last button signals your potential capture or inability to continue the mission. I expect you all to use each of these functions accordingly. If any of us fall in battle or are captured, you know what must be done, the others have to continue on, no matter what."

Rynagria wrote:Corporal "Dani" Maebach:

Speeches are dime a dozen...

"Well, I hope that you'll tell us soon what's so important about this thing.... sir." Responded the markswoman, arms folded in front of her, glaring at the container. She was clearly irked at being pulled away from her station, doubly so now that her time was spent in a presentation of a new "revolutionary" plan that was shrouded in mystery and what she considered politician wording. And in her lifetime, there had been plenty of promise for change, but none had ever been acted upon or seen through to the end to even get close to change. From politicians to the multiple cell leaders that was "in-charge" of her, they all had made promises they couldn't keep. What was so special about this mission?

Shifting her gaze to Andrade, Danielle continued on.

"My apologies for the skepticism, but I've about heard that line more than I'd like." Danielle paused, memories of all the times her leaders spoke those words almost verbatim. "I've been part of plans to assassinate key figures that are against Vampire Rights, my current commander at time said that their death will bring about a revolution. Been a part of a plan to seduce a government official to either blackmail or willingly cooperate with us to achieve rights. Participated in attempting to infect water supplies... None of those has worked, quite frankly they often lead to the near the destruction of the cell I was in. What makes this any different than those?"

She was willing to be part of this plan, but Dani needed more evidence that it was worth the effort in comparison to just keeping her current home safe with her rifle.

Dani's question didn't elicit resentment or an immediate response from Andrade. Instead, he recognized that Dani's concerns were valid, likely echoing the sentiments of everyone present. They had all endured significant losses, and now he was asking them to make an even greater sacrifice. However, just as Andrade was about to speak, Sebastian, once again, emerged as a voice of reason amidst the chaos.

Sivio wrote:"If I may answer this," he chimed in, adjusting his glasses.

"Danielle, the difference is that we are seeing lessons in our failures. Yes, we’ve made mistakes, yes, attempts fell through, and yes, we've promised revolutions that didn’t materialize. But every single step, every single failure, has brought us here today," he gestured towards the room before pausing, his eyes meeting hers, "it’s made us wiser, stronger, and more resilient."

He unhurriedly moved his gaze towards the shining cylinder container, a slight shadow of a grin appearing on his face, "And here we are, standing in front of possible game-changer, something that isn’t built on the blood of our brothers and sisters or on the whim of political seduction. We don't know what's inside, but Commander Andrade believes it can make a difference."

Facing once again towards the crowd, his tone softened, "You are right to question the merit of this mission, Danielle. You all should. It is through this skepticism and critical thinking that we will found our true revolution. Our past may have seen rash moves and broken promises, but every stumble is a step forward."

His gaze turns back to Andrade, "Danielle’s point drives home the necessity for transparency, the importance of communicating our victories and failures to each other, and creating stronger plans. Be assured, your questions aren't offensive, but rather welcome, as they only help us shape a robust course of action."

Absorbing the weight of his own words, he finally concludes, "So even if we don’t know what makes this different yet, we are different. Every fallout we’ve survived, every questionable mission we’ve embarked upon - each one was a lesson relevant to our path today."

His eyes sweep across everyone present: "...and we will bring about our long overdue ‘revolution’ for Vampire Rights. I believe so, and I hope every one of you does, too.”

A subtle smile played upon Andrade's lips, a tacit acknowledgment of how desperately he craved his lieutenant's uplifting words. These sentiments not only resonated within him but also reverberated through the weary souls of his comrades. In a world marred by exhaustion and teetering on the brink of hopelessness, Sebastian consistently served as a steadfast voice against surrendering to despair.

"As Lieutenant Sebastian aptly points out, we've stumbled, made promises we couldn't keep. However, we now possess compelling reasons to believe that this mission could tip the scales in our favor. It may not single-handedly secure victory, but it holds the potential to alter the course of this war—that much, I assure you," Andrade admitted, swallowing the urge to fully disclose the cargo's contents, recognizing the present risks.

"I'm unable to divulge the specifics at this moment, but rest assured that once we've safely departed Los Angeles, I will share the details. For now, our focus must be on the task at hand. Answers will come, Corporal!"

With a nod to the two steadfast companions who had accompanied him since entering the lab, Andrade signaled the distribution of pagers to the team. He personally handed one to Sebastian.

"Our position here is compromised," he declared openly. "Each of you has assigned tasks to ensure our evacuation proceeds without a hitch. Consult your pagers; your orders are attached."

Each member of the assembled crowd scrutinized their individual pagers, each with a sticky note attached.

"If anyone harbors further questions, now is the time to ask. Otherwise, we all have responsibilities to fulfill. Let's reconvene here in one hour."

It was at this point that each member of the assembled crowd inspected their individual pagers, finding specific orders or assignments on sticky notes attached to them.
"I do as I please"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse