NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A King Who Bore the Sword [OOC/Concluded]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next in the Game of Thrones RP Series

War of the Five Kings
14%
Robert's Rebellion
16%
Dance of the Dragons
13%
The Invasion of Dorne
5%
The Holy King (Baelor the Blessed's reign)
5%
Year of the False Spring (One year prior to Robert's Rebellion)
3%
A Game of Thrones (Start of the book series/show)
28%
The Winds of Winter (Sequel to my Feast for Crows RP, would continue from that)
17%

Total votes : 64

New Granadeseret
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:12 am

Argentumurbem wrote:Going to spoiler everything to keep the post "short".

Just saw the "Freys are equal to Hightower" comment:
The Freys at their most powerful (Late Lord Walder) are still reviled by the other houses, and are only the most powerful Riverlord due to the rest being killed off or burned out. The Blackwoods and Brackens would be able to match them, and the Whents if they had a leader. Darry pre-Rebellion as well. Being "one of the most powerful" is just one among many. The Freys are the worst offenders for people taking their rise in AFFC as being a representation of the past.

I mean I ain't saying that Hightower wouldn't stoop to that level, anything is possible, but Hightower has far better matches in the Reach (Peake, Rowan, Tyrell, Redwyne, Tarly, Florent, ect). :roll:
Note on the status of the houses.[spoiler]This is the (Late) Targaryen era - the Hundred Years War of Westeros, if you want to look at the real world parallels. Blackwood and Bracken are rivals for second-place most powerful vassals of Tully - they are the historic faction leaders within the riverlands, see every war they participate in -, with Lothston and Darry not far behind. Blackwood and Bracken have received royal favour, a powerful thing in the failed state of the riverlands. The Tully's influence has been sapped time and time again, giving Neville and Percy greater power than their position would suggest. The Lothstons control the historic royal seat of Harrenhal, a seat which has been granted by the royals as a favour, instead of going through the Tullys. As a result they are usually more closely associated with Kingslanding than Riverrun. This is also true of Darry and Mooton. Frey only reached their most powerful state under the reign of Late Lord Walder, and that was more to do with the reduction of Blackwood (through their constant uniquely bloody conflict with their rivals), Bracken (through the Rebellions and the rivalry), Darry (through the Usurper), and Whent (Usurper again).
*Parts irrelevent to response snipped for brevet

Your comment is missing a few important qualifiers from the actual post. What I said was: The Hightowers and Freys are equal enough in status for it to be a fair partnership. Status isen't always equitable to power (Even during the main novel eras, it'd be foolish to say the two had equal strength and status), but taking into account the state of their home Kingdoms are roughly the same size fish relative to their pond. And, as Asyir, pointed out, its a third-daughter marriage: you can afford some leeway at that point (For love or power projection)

I'll admit, I'm not an expert on the deep, auxiliary lore of Westros. I could very well be the one making a mistake in estimating my House's relative standing/power. However, I will say that its not particularly fair to extend the House's reputation at the start of the main series that far back, considering how heavy and impact the behyond-the-pale dickishness (both literally and soical) of said Lord Walder and the family's knack for backing the wrong horse during the Blackfyre Rebellions and being clearly fickle/opportunistic vassals during Robert's Rebellion must have colored the family name. Just as power changes, so does reputation.
Last edited by New Granadeseret on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stannis was robbed.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:37 am

Anyone have an idea of House Caron's approximate strength? They are a Marcher house, and so more militarized than normal.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Asyir
Minister

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:54 am

Rodez wrote:Anyone have an idea of House Caron's approximate strength? They are a Marcher house, and so more militarized than normal.

When House Dondarrion was ordered to attack the Vulture King, they raised 800 horse and 4,000 swords, with House Caron's support. So I'd figure half that number, maybe even as low as a quarter of that.
Team Pelinal for life!

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:41 am

House Name: House Lannister
House Sigil: Image
House Words: Hear me Roar
Allegiance Paid to: Targaryens
House Seat: Casterly Rock
Approx Number of military at command:60,000

History of the House:
House Lannister of Casterly Rock is one of the Great Houses of Seven Kingdoms, and the principal house of the westerlands. Their seat is Casterly Rock, though another branch exists that is based in nearby Lannisport. Their sigil is a golden lion on a field of crimson. Their official motto is "Hear Me Roar!" However, their unofficial motto, equally well known, is "A Lannister always pays his debts." The Warden of the West is a Lannister by tradition.

Fair-haired, tall, and handsome, the Lannisters are the blood of Andal adventurers who carved out a mighty kingdom in the western hills and valleys. Through the female line they boast of descent from Lann the Clever, the legendary trickster of the Age of Heroes who tricked the members of House Casterly into giving him Casterly Rock during the era of the First Men.

The Lannisters reigned as Kings of the Rock until they fell to the Targaryen conquest, but were allowed to remain the liege lords of the westerlands.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:48 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Nasaria the Tyrells are still open, you didn't have to go with the Lannisters.

It's ok I'll stick with them

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Am I accepted?
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Rodez wrote:Anyone have an idea of House Caron's approximate strength? They are a Marcher house, and so more militarized than normal.

As Asyir said, we only know that they can put 5k in at minimum. I've got you down for 4k as of now.

Asyir wrote:
Argentumurbem wrote:Long post

Lord Garland's two older daughters are married to Lords Tarly and Ashford, while Garland is married to a Redwyne, and his heir, Ser Abelar, a Rowan, so I see no problem with his youngest daughter being married to Lord Frey.

And I intend to have House Hightower start neutral, and keep a foot in both camps, as they did historically during the First Blackfyre Rebellion.

I was just saying that Frey was getting the better deal, prestige wise
New Granadeseret wrote:Your comment is missing a few important qualifiers from the actual post. What I said was: The Hightowers and Freys are equal enough in status for it to be a fair partnership. Status isen't always equitable to power (Even during the main novel eras, it'd be foolish to say the two had equal strength and status), but taking into account the state of their home Kingdoms are roughly the same size fish relative to their pond. And, as Asyir, pointed out, its a third-daughter marriage: you can afford some leeway at that point (For love or power projection)

I'll admit, I'm not an expert on the deep, auxiliary lore of Westros. I could very well be the one making a mistake in estimating my House's relative standing/power. However, I will say that its not particularly fair to extend the House's reputation at the start of the main series that far back, considering how heavy and impact the behyond-the-pale dickishness (both literally and social) of said Lord Walder and the family's knack for backing the wrong horse during the Blackfyre Rebellions and being clearly fickle/opportunistic vassals during Robert's Rebellion must have colored the family name. Just as power changes, so does reputation.

Frey isn't equal to Hightower in status is what I argued, though looking back it does seem like I am saying "na that marriage is never going to happen". Players get to decide what they want and inter faction relationships allows for interaction which is always a positive.

Hightower are former kings and (undisputed I think) as the second most powerful Reachlord, if not most powerful - which would bring to the fore the obviously decentralised nature of the Reach. They are kin to a targ king. In the Dance of the Dragons the rest of the realm basically assumed the Tyrells would follow their lead, owing to their status and power. They have the ear of the Faith's Most Devout, full control of the trade of Oldtown, muster the most swords, and are sometimes considered more wealthy than Lannisters.

In comparison the Freys are considered as upstarts, being only 6 centuries old in AGoT, who were never kings and got powerful through a toll. Like a merchant. And that sentiment is external from anything any of the Lords have done, good or bad. Most of it has been good like, as far as I remember. This distaste for them even extends to calling one of their Lords a fool for even suggesting that he marry Rhaenyra. Status wise they are weaker than Blackwood and Bracken, who are "party" leaders whenever the riverlands go to war. I'd say their power was greater than the Lothstons, even if their status was far less, given that the Lothstons received a royal seat, marking them as being royally favoured (and obviously through the mistress affair they also got a boost). Lord Walder would go on to make their position far better than previously seen (they married into Swann, Caron, Royce, Crakehall, and even snagged a Lannister during their turbulent period, which they won't have managed if a Lannister of respect was in charge) which obviously increased their standing, but alas, twas only but a dream.

Obviously the Freys dominate the northern Trident, though they are probably rivaled by Mallister in troop numbers (Lord Mallister drove back an ironborn invasion by himself, just with his brass iron ba forces that could be quickly mustered).

I am more of a Bracken man myself evidently, which brings with it its own biases, but that is more to do with how awesome Aegor is compared to the rest of the GBs. It takes a certain type of man to plot and organise a rebellion, then assume responsibility for keeping the cause alive until the end of the pretender's dynasty. What does Brynden do? Creates a police state, destroys the credibility of the crown, deserts the Night's Watch, and now lets dogs piss on him, that's what. Oh and kinslays. Kinslays hard. At least jaime saved a few hundred thousand people.

EDIT: Oznerol has some good aSoIaF pieces on his deviantart account. Unfortunately I think that they are a bit too big to be "posted" in the thread but a link never hurt anyone.
John the Fiddler for anyone in the know. Blackfyre supporters must know: http://t06.deviantart.net/vJgYnS0ZK0vR- ... ht(100,100):origin()/pre01/8d87/th/pre/i/2014/063/2/5/ser_john_the_fiddler_by_oznerol_1516-d78w9ys.png
Here is Maekar for whoever wants it: http://img15.deviantart.net/a17c/i/2013 ... 6vcu7v.png
Here is Baelor: http://t02.deviantart.net/XOdmjr32usbBG ... ht(100,100):origin()/pre10/d717/th/pre/i/2013/319/2/4/baelor_targaryen_by_oznerol_1516-d6ubzic.png
Here is The Blackfyre himself: http://pre05.deviantart.net/23dc/th/pre ... 7atosj.jpg
Here is Daeron II: http://oznerol-1516.deviantart.com/art/ ... -441060715
Someone mentioned him, Lord Hayford: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb ... l_1516.png
Here is Bittersteels sexy action at Bloodgrass: http://t01.deviantart.net/W0ul1NZ3Vvjff ... ht(100,100):origin()/pre07/c24b/th/pre/i/2014/063/7/0/last_charge_of_bittersteel_by_oznerol_1516-d78wc0o.jpg
Last edited by Argentumurbem on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Argentumurbem wrote:

As Asyir said, we only know that they can put 5k in at minimum. I've got you down for 4k as of now.

Asyir wrote:Lord Garland's two older daughters are married to Lords Tarly and Ashford, while Garland is married to a Redwyne, and his heir, Ser Abelar, a Rowan, so I see no problem with his youngest daughter being married to Lord Frey.

And I intend to have House Hightower start neutral, and keep a foot in both camps, as they did historically during the First Blackfyre Rebellion.

New Granadeseret wrote:Your comment is missing a few important qualifiers from the actual post. What I said was: The Hightowers and Freys are equal enough in status for it to be a fair partnership. Status isen't always equitable to power (Even during the main novel eras, it'd be foolish to say the two had equal strength and status), but taking into account the state of their home Kingdoms are roughly the same size fish relative to their pond. And, as Asyir, pointed out, its a third-daughter marriage: you can afford some leeway at that point (For love or power projection)

I'll admit, I'm not an expert on the deep, auxiliary lore of Westros. I could very well be the one making a mistake in estimating my House's relative standing/power. However, I will say that its not particularly fair to extend the House's reputation at the start of the main series that far back, considering how heavy and impact the behyond-the-pale dickishness (both literally and social) of said Lord Walder and the family's knack for backing the wrong horse during the Blackfyre Rebellions and being clearly fickle/opportunistic vassals during Robert's Rebellion must have colored the family name. Just as power changes, so does reputation.

Frey isn't equal to Hightower in status is what I argued, though looking back it does seem like I am saying "na that marriage is never going to happen". Players get to decide what they want and inter faction relationships allows for interaction which is always a positive.

Hightower are former kings and (undisputed I think) as the second most powerful Reachlord, if not most powerful - which would bring to the fore the obviously decentralised nature of the Reach. They are kin to a targ king. In the Dance of the Dragons the rest of the realm basically assumed the Tyrells would follow their lead, owing to their status and power. They have the ear of the Faith's Most Devout, full control of the trade of Oldtown, muster the most swords, and are sometimes considered more wealthy than Lannisters.

In comparison the Freys are considered as upstarts, being only 6 centuries old in AGoT, who were never kings and got powerful through a toll. Like a merchant. And that sentiment is external from anything any of the Lords have done, good or bad. Most of it has been good like, as far as I remember. This distaste for them even extends to calling one of their Lords a fool for even suggesting that he marry Rhaenyra. Status wise they are weaker than Blackwood and Bracken, who are "party" leaders whenever the riverlands go to war. I'd say their power was greater than the Lothstons, even if their status was far less, given that the Lothstons received a royal seat, marking them as being royally favoured (and obviously through the mistress affair they also got a boost). Lord Walder would go on to make their position far better than previously seen (they married into Swann, Caron, Royce, Crakehall, and even snagged a Lannister during their turbulent period, which they won't have managed if a Lannister of respect was in charge) which obviously increased their standing, but alas, twas only but a dream.

Obviously the Freys dominate the northern Trident, though they are probably rivaled by Mallister in troop numbers (Lord Mallister drove back an ironborn invasion by himself, just with his brass iron ba forces that could be quickly mustered).

I am more of a Bracken man myself evidently, which brings with it its own biases, but that is more to do with how awesome Aegor is compared to the rest of the GBs. It takes a certain type of man to plot and organise a rebellion, then assume responsibility for keeping the cause alive until the end of the pretender's dynasty. What does Brynden do? Creates a police state, destroys the credibility of the crown, deserts the Night's Watch, and now lets dogs piss on him, that's what. Oh and kinslays. Kinslays hard. At least jaime saved a few hundred thousand people.

You forgot about oathbreaking, Brynden killed Aenys Blackfyre, who innocently put his name forward as a candidate for the consideration of the crown. He was even promised protection was instead executed unlawfully just for having the surname Blackfyre. Aegor may have been a dissenter/traitor to the crown, but at least he had honour and didn't go back on an oath
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Warg, you are Co-OP right? Can you accept or deny my app?

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:Warg, you are Co-OP right? Can you accept or deny my app?

Unsure if I got that power, but I'm on my phone on the bus right now. Give me a few and ill read it over properly and give a verdict if I can
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Vladivostokava wrote:Warg, you are Co-OP right? Can you accept or deny my app?

Unsure if I got that power, but I'm on my phone on the bus right now. Give me a few and ill read it over properly and give a verdict if I can

Well I would only assume. Why else have a Co-OP if they have no power? :) I am almost done with my first IC post so I just wanted to know if I'm accepted or not. :)

New Granadeseret
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Argentumurbem wrote:

Asyir wrote:Lord Garland's two older daughters are married to Lords Tarly and Ashford, while Garland is married to a Redwyne, and his heir, Ser Abelar, a Rowan, so I see no problem with his youngest daughter being married to Lord Frey.

EDIT: Oznerol has some good aSoIaF pieces on his deviantart account. Unfortunately I think that they are a bit too big to be "posted" in the thread but a link never hurt anyone.
John the Fiddler for anyone in the know. Blackfyre supporters must know: http://t06.deviantart.net/vJgYnS0ZK0vR- ... ht(100,100):origin()/pre01/8d87/th/pre/i/2014/063/2/5/ser_john_the_fiddler_by_oznerol_1516-d78w9ys.png
Here is Maekar for whoever wants it: http://img15.deviantart.net/a17c/i/2013 ... 6vcu7v.png
Here is Baelor: http://t02.deviantart.net/XOdmjr32usbBG ... ht(100,100):origin()/pre10/d717/th/pre/i/2013/319/2/4/baelor_targaryen_by_oznerol_1516-d6ubzic.png
Here is The Blackfyre himself: http://pre05.deviantart.net/23dc/th/pre ... 7atosj.jpg
Here is Daeron II: http://oznerol-1516.deviantart.com/art/ ... -441060715
Someone mentioned him, Lord Hayford: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb ... l_1516.png
Here is Bittersteels sexy action at Bloodgrass: http://t01.deviantart.net/W0ul1NZ3Vvjff ... ht(100,100):origin()/pre07/c24b/th/pre/i/2014/063/7/0/last_charge_of_bittersteel_by_oznerol_1516-d78wc0o.jpg

Ok, clearly I didn't think this fully through when I accepted the marriage offer. You have a much stronger grasp on Riverlands history/noble relations then I, and have allowed my primary knowledge source (The novels) to color my perception of the Frey position. Making appropriate adjustments.
Stannis was robbed.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:You forgot about oathbreaking, Brynden killed Aenys Blackfyre, who innocently put his name forward as a candidate for the consideration of the crown. He was even promised protection was instead executed unlawfully just for having the surname Blackfyre. Aegor may have been a dissenter/traitor to the crown, but at least he had honour and didn't go back on an oath

I lumped that under "Destroying the credibility of the crown". Its objectively more of a crime since Brynden was speaking for the crown, so his betrayal is a mark against any lord believing the word of the king. Can't recall if it is explicitly stated but that will be the reason why Brynden was sent to the wall. Pies and all that. I mean the Mad King didn't even do that. Robb did the same as Mad Daddie when his family member ruined their standing with the vassals. Both ended the same way as well.

:rofl:
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:12 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Unsure if I got that power, but I'm on my phone on the bus right now. Give me a few and ill read it over properly and give a verdict if I can

Well I would only assume. Why else have a Co-OP if they have no power? :) I am almost done with my first IC post so I just wanted to know if I'm accepted or not. :)

Ok, everything looks good except the stone from harrenhal being used to build blackreach. The castle was essentially fused together by balerion, so debris would likely be irregularly shaped and unusable, especially considering how neat and uniform Blackreach looks
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Vladivostokava wrote:Well I would only assume. Why else have a Co-OP if they have no power? :) I am almost done with my first IC post so I just wanted to know if I'm accepted or not. :)

Ok, everything looks good except the stone from harrenhal being used to build blackreach. The castle was essentially fused together by balerion, so debris would likely be irregularly shaped and unusable, especially considering how neat and uniform Blackreach looks

Can't the stone still be chiselled?

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Ok, everything looks good except the stone from harrenhal being used to build blackreach. The castle was essentially fused together by balerion, so debris would likely be irregularly shaped and unusable, especially considering how neat and uniform Blackreach looks

Can't the stone still be chiselled?

Possibly, but that'd probably be more trouble than it's worth. Plus the stone also wouldn't belong to Harkin, it'd belong to the lord of Harrenhal. And I don't really see them allowing a castles worth of stone to be carted off. It'd probably be better to just say he was rewarded with land and money to build a castle
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Vladivostokava wrote:Can't the stone still be chiselled?

Possibly, but that'd probably be more trouble than it's worth. Plus the stone also wouldn't belong to Harkin, it'd belong to the lord of Harrenhal. And I don't really see them allowing a castles worth of stone to be carted off. It'd probably be better to just say he was rewarded with land and money to build a castle

Okay.

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Changed it. I am almost done with my fist post. I just need to kill off Lord Grenn.

I need to figure out a good way to interact with everyone. I technically could just make friends with everyone and not get involved. That would be best.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:29 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Possibly, but that'd probably be more trouble than it's worth. Plus the stone also wouldn't belong to Harkin, it'd belong to the lord of Harrenhal. And I don't really see them allowing a castles worth of stone to be carted off. It'd probably be better to just say he was rewarded with land and money to build a castle

Okay.

Alright, then your accepted

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:42 pm

When will IC be up?

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:14 pm

Hey, I have an app coming up, soon. Just need to look at an RP example. Going as House Harlton from the Game of Thrones game for xb360, ps3, and PC.
Had some cringy 2016 high school politics in this from 8th grade. Not what I want to be remembered for so heres an updated P&C list :)
Pro: Nationalism, Unity, Isolationism, Strong leadership, Huey Long and Longism
Anti: Racism, Corporations, Israel, Establishment politicians, FDR

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:18 pm

House Name: House Harlton
House Sigil (Image appreciated):

House Words: Grow and Endure
Allegiance Paid to: House Piper
House Seat: Castlewood, Estate in KL (Post-Dance)(No picture)
ImageImage

Approx Number of military at command: approx. 400
History of the House:
Reigning from their seat in Castlewood on the Blackwater Rush, they have been loyal followers of their liege since their founding after the Andal invasion. They supported the lord of Riverrun and are often looked down upon by the other houses in the Trident. Underestimated, they betrayed their overlords of House Piper and tried to siege Pinkmaiden. Unsuccessful, the lord was imprisoned and executed publicly in Pinkmaiden.
PAGE BREAK (Was supposed to be another paragraph, but it was joined into one. Fixed that.)
Around the time of the DOD, they supported the Greens and killed the Piper overseer in Castlewood. During the war, they were granted with a small estate in King's Landing where many Harltons would reside in the summers. The Lord was a devout follower of Aegon II, much like Jon Connington is to Rhaegar. After the king died, the lord at the time, Harry, travelled home only to be killed by Piper soldiers for killing the overseer. Their new lord, Mycah, reconciled and begged forgiveness for their traitorous acts. House Piper forgave them, but at a dear cost. They would lose half of the Blackwater Rush. Now, their lord has declared their loyalty to the Tullys and Pipers instead of a claimant.

Name: Sylas 'the Golden Tree' Harlton
House: Harlton
Titles: Lord, Ser, Keeper of Swans
House Seat: Castlewood (on Blackwater Rush), Estate (No Picture)
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: House Piper/Neutral (at the very start; unsure of who is in the right)
Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Deceitful, brooding, and a zealot (much like Stannis, but not as overrated ;p)
Skills: Average warrior, master carpenter, and war games/tacticians.
Weaponry:

Military Strength: 400 infantry/archers
Biography:
Born in 169 AC, Sylas Harlton was fostered at the family estate for 13 years. After the death of his father, Jon Harlton, he was brought back to Castlewood as the only surviving son of the lord. He was trained by Goldcloaks to become one of them after being shunned by his father, being a half-blooded son of adultery with a local noble's wife. Using his knowledge of swordplay and tactics, he quickly became a knight at age 15. When he ascended to rulership after a regentry, he was fit to rule a whole country, in his own mind. Lord Piper quickly recognized him officially and made him keeper of swans. At age 20, he killed a bandit group's leader raiding the river-villages. On his twenty-fourth name day, he settled a petty squabble between farming-families over a pig. On his twenty-sixth name day, he had to decide who to support in the rebellion plaguing Westeros like a cancer. With his "charming" good looks, he has earned the nickname "The Golden Tree."

RP Example: I was on the reddit game of thrones RP. Had to quit due to school.
Notes: None. Lord Sylas works alone.

EDIT: I want to be neutral at the start and "decide" (it's pre-determined) that I will follow House Tully.
EDIT 2: Added a nickname
EDIT 3: Added his court clothing and edited weapon spoiler
EDIT 4: Added personal sigil to explain nickname
Last edited by Kulonia on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Had some cringy 2016 high school politics in this from 8th grade. Not what I want to be remembered for so heres an updated P&C list :)
Pro: Nationalism, Unity, Isolationism, Strong leadership, Huey Long and Longism
Anti: Racism, Corporations, Israel, Establishment politicians, FDR

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:20 pm

hum... That's awkward. Blackklocke house sigil is very similar.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Who wants a marriage to House Lannister, if interested pm me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse