NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites - The Lamest Heroes (Supers/Comedy/CLOSED)- IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:43 pm

"What a s***** day that was," sighed Nathan. "That t*** never saw it f****** coming, did he Ag."

Shut up Nathan.

"What?! I was just making conversation. Ungrateful t***."

I heard that. Now get back to the story. And stop talking to me, please stop talking to me.

"Jesus, right- OK," he muttered as he travelled towards the Orient, Minnesota Town Legion Hall (catchy name). But he wasn't taking any ordinary transport, no. He was coming in with a BANG! a.k.a an office chair, wearing giant orange ski goggles (this is why the narrator doesn't want to talk to him- he looks like a stupid... well, I leave that to your imagination).

He pushed through the entrance, through the AA meeting (they all looked rather anxious, really) and into Hall 2. He came in with an all mighty shriek like an opera singer, so high it eventually moved into the supersonic range "AAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" He glided in, stopping somewhere in the middle of a relatively normal guy and a tall, mustachioed man with the ugliest spandex costume he had ever seen, and that was no overstatement. "Oh hey, are you from Andorra?" was the first thing that came from his mouth. Next:

"Hey guys, guess who I am..." he took some time to prepare. "One luhhh wun muhhh he duhhh uuuuuhhhhhhh... hhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh duuuuhhhhhhhhhhh doooooooohhhhhhhhh... wuuuu-" everyone was silent,staring at him. "What?! Come on! I'll give you a clue: I'm an annoying c***." More silence. "Oh COME ON! I'm Bono!" Even more silence. "You people have no taste." He went into a corner, huffing.

"Hey, are those biscuits?" he picked one up and put it in his mouth. Then spat it out again. "That tastes like 5 day-old s***, and I'm not even kidding." Then he just sat in silence, staring at everybody.
Last edited by Aghrabia on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Thecreamof
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Thecreamof » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Aero-Gal, feigning dull surprise, "Oh hey, a new member. Well 'Bono', I suggest trying to keep the swearing down to a minimum while we're in public. Gotta set a good examply & be family friendly & all that."
She turns her attention to Glitch, Captain Calculator, Coathanger Man, & Teetotaler.
"I don't have any experience with this ransoming thing, but from what I've heard, it's generally a bad idea to pay them off. It's basically saying to them 'Hey! We got money! Please ransom us more!' I've also heard that it's usually a good idea to alert the authorities so they can look for it on the down-low. But unfortunately we don't know if the ransomer has anybody working for them on the police or if they're part of the police themselves. So I think we should basically tell the cops to not get mad at us for running around on who-knows-how-many private properties looking for 'an important item' as we look for the bomb. ... Has anybody checked this building yet? We might as well start here since we're, well, here."
She then quietly adds, "Oh, and if we're dead-set on paying the randsom, I have, like, a 2 dollar bill aaaand" She fishes out some change from 1 of her socks "4 cents."
Last edited by Thecreamof on Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Our nation uses roughly 50.01% NS stats, 49.99% fact books.
Political views: I guess I'm a moderate who leans strongly towards liberal? Or perhaps a liberal who leans strongly towards moderate? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something interesting about me: I can wiggle both my ears! I can also crack/pop both my wrists @ will, but I can crack/pop my right wrist easier than my left!

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:02 pm

"Hey! Hey! I take offence that my... my right to free speech is being infringed on, or some s*** like that! How dare you force me to be family-friendly! How very dare you!" he continued to ramble on, not making much of a point in the process. "I heard that, you d***, don't be mean! Well, any more family-friendly that the OP's forcing me to already..." he grumbled, very quietly.

"Anyway, ransom? I consider myself an expert at getting myself out of ransoms- though I u"sually just kidnap any friends or family members, then force them to stop trying to get me to pay." he gestured wildly at this, but considered it for a moment, then gave up. Though I don't think that'll be very helpful... either way, I have $5 in change." He sighed, thinking how typical that was these days; time to get a job perhaps? He glared somewhere in my general direction, then stuck his middle finger up just to spite me.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Thecreamof wrote:Aero-Gal, feigning dull surprise, "Oh hey, a new member. Well 'Bono', I suggest trying to keep the swearing down to a minimum while we're in public. Gotta set a good examply & be family friendly & all that."
She turns her attention to Glitch, Captain Calculator, Coathanger Man, & Teetotaler.
"I don't have any experience with this ransoming thing, but from what I've heard, it's generally a bad idea to pay them off. It's basically saying to them 'Hey! We got money! Please ransom us more!' I've also heard that it's usually a good idea to alert the authorities so they can look for it on the down-low. But unfortunately we don't know if the ransomer has anybody working for them on the police or if they're part of the police themselves. So I think we should basically tell the cops to not get mad at us for running around on who-knows-how-many private properties looking for 'an important item' as we look for the bomb. ... Has anybody checked this building yet? We might as well start here since we're, well, here."
She then quietly adds, "Oh, and if we're dead-set on paying the randsom, I have, like, a 2 dollar bill aaaand" She fishes out some change from 1 of her socks "4 cents."

Coathangerman looked at her and gave a weird facial expression, the kind you see on people who have both major constipation followed by alternating spurts of diarrhea. But it was just gas. Then he looked normal again. "Um, yeah, you might not have been paying attention to my financial report, but we don't have any money. Honestly, if a few of us have a few bucks, I don't think that's really what he's looking for. We're not like Zeke Enterprises, here."

Zeke Enterprises was one of the most enterprising, albeit surreal, businesses in town. Wealthy tycoon Zeke McDonahuelly-Smythe-Jones, had built a 50-foot tall skyscraper in Orient in the last few years... with the idea of, "if you build it, they will come." Coincidentally, he had just been watching Field of Dreams before he ok'd it. Since then, his corporation, Zeke Enterprises, had used 30 of those 50 stories for their company that made widgets. The rest of the 20 stories were used with a hair-salon, a shoe store, an insurance agency, and about 19 stories of space available for rent. Apparently, they hadn't come, even though he had built it...

Coathangerman continued. "Checking the building might be a good idea. How about you guys" (OOC - pointing to the player characters) "Go with Glitch and try to find out the location of this building, and also check in to see if anyone has been buying things at stores that could be used to make bombs. I don't know, explosive sorts of things."
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Talchyon wrote:Coathangerman looked at her and gave a weird facial expression, the kind you see on people who have both major constipation followed by alternating spurts of diarrhea. But it was just gas. Then he looked normal again. "Um, yeah, you might not have been paying attention to my financial report, but we don't have any money. Honestly, if a few of us have a few bucks, I don't think that's really what he's looking for. We're not like Zeke Enterprises, here."

Zeke Enterprises was one of the most enterprising, albeit surreal, businesses in town. Wealthy tycoon Zeke McDonahuelly-Smythe-Jones, had built a 50-foot tall skyscraper in Orient in the last few years... with the idea of, "if you build it, they will come." Coincidentally, he had just been watching Field of Dreams before he ok'd it. Since then, his corporation, Zeke Enterprises, had used 30 of those 50 stories for their company that made widgets. The rest of the 20 stories were used with a hair-salon, a shoe store, an insurance agency, and about 19 stories of space available for rent. Apparently, they hadn't come, even though he had built it...

Coathangerman continued. "Checking the building might be a good idea. How about you guys" (OOC - pointing to the player characters) "Go with Glitch and try to find out the location of this building, and also check in to see if anyone has been buying things at stores that could be used to make bombs. I don't know, explosive sorts of things."

Mikael sighed, and started pacing back and forth. "I don't know about you guys, but I know that it is really easy to make a bomb. Making a potent one, however, is more difficult. The materials used is also dependant upon the triggering mechanism, and whether it is on a timer, or a wireless transceiver, or both. " At this point, Mikael pulled out a couple of electronic scraps and started fiddling with them, unable to keep still. "However, it is the explosice component that may be the easiest to find. Nitroglycerin is a common one, but you can also make an explosion with a combination of water and either Lithium, or Sodium, or Potassium. For an even more potent explosion, Rubidium, Caesium, and Francium can work with water. The latter 3 or the most potent, and they are regulated. The triggering mechanism can be a simple as releasing springs, or as complex as an electronic component sending a signal through the device. Now, this makes it difficult to find out how we could find this bomb. But, if we can find the perpetrator, then we can perhaps find the bomb from there." Mikael breathed heavily, as he was talking really fast. He finished fiddling with the electronic scraps, and thre it up in the air, and it was a whirring mechanical bird, with a flickering eye that glided around the room.
Last edited by The Irish County of the Beare-Mor on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:44 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:
Mikael sighed, and started pacing back and forth. "I don't know about you guys, but I know that it is really easy to make a bomb. Making a potent one, however, is more difficult. The materials used is also dependant upon the triggering mechanism, and whether it is on a timer, or a wireless transceiver, or both. " At this point, Mikael pulled out a couple of electronic scraps and started fiddling with them, unable to keep still. "However, it is the explosice component that may be the easiest to find. Nitroglycerin is a common one, but you can also make an explosion with a combination of water and either Lithium, or Sodium, or Potassium. For an even more potent explosion, Rubidium, Caesium, and Francium can work with water. The latter 3 or the most potent, and they are regulated. The triggering mechanism can be a simple as releasing springs, or as complex as an electronic component sending a signal through the device. Now, this makes it difficult to find out how we could find this bomb. But, if we can find the perpetrator, then we can perhaps find the bomb from there." Mikael breathed heavily, as he was talking really fast. He finished fiddling with the electronic scraps, and thre it up in the air, and it was a whirring mechanical bird, with a flickering eye that glided around the room.

Glitch's perpetually dazed face looked even more dazed, if that were possible, as the Doodad-Wizard (as Glitch was now thinking of him) kept on talking. It felt like Glitch was undergoing some kind of Chinese water-torture in his brain. Visions of dancing chemical formulae careened across his vision, and his normally clueless expression got even more clueless. Finally, he had to say something to break the academic lecture. His sanity was hanging on a thread (which, to be honest, wasn't much different than the usual).

"So, in other words, Dude, you're saying that we should just go to our local Wal-Mart and ask them if suspicious people came in with like a science supply list? Soda pop-um and potato-um, and Caesar salad dressing-um? That's basically what I heard you saying, yuh know. So there's a chance we might be capturing my former chemistry teacher? He used to talk in gibberish like that, too." That raised a grin on his face. Otherwise, all of that technical stuff was like clouds - way over his head.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:46 pm

“Well, well, Matthew was it? I didn’t expect you here, I mean, did you read the sign outfront? ‘Supervillains Only!’. Yeah, I know. These bunch are a whole new breed of stupid, like who thought that was a good idea in the first place? But after all, they’re pretty low level villains, but… so are you. Low level, I mean.”

Diet Cola instructed those around him to ungag Matt.

“And don’t get any smart ideas, pal. I know your power so I won’t think twice slicing your head off if you try something.”

“Hmm, first impressions? Not great, to be honest.”

Diet Cola growled, “Do you think this is some sort of game? I won’t hesitate to slice your head clean off if it comes to that. Ughh, anyway, I’ve heard that you’ve refused to co-operate so far. Is this true?”

“Yeah, you know, this might be hard to believe but uh… I’m not the biggest fan of you villains.”

“And how much of a fan of dying are you?”

“Oooh, tough question. Let me think, uh, not really to be honest.”

“Nevermind.”, The relatively high level villain turned towards the rest, “This job Mr. Big has tasked us does not require all participants to attend. If you do not wish to help, you can instead remain here and watch over our little guest if you would like.”

“It is a far more important, not to mention not as stupid, job if I may say so myself,” Diet Cola muttered under his breath.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Razul
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Razul » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Echo pulls out her notepad. Writing with her left hand, she puts down:

Please pardon the unconventional form of communication. I am mute. I would prefer to stay and help watch the prisoner. I have very little physical ability, but I am observant. Is this acceptable?

She walks over to Diet Cola and holds out the notepad, watching him sharply with her good eye. Her handwriting is cursive and very neat.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Razul wrote:Echo pulls out her notepad. Writing with her left hand, she puts down:

Please pardon the unconventional form of communication. I am mute. I would prefer to stay and help watch the prisoner. I have very little physical ability, but I am observant. Is this acceptable?

She walks over to Diet Cola and holds out the notepad, watching him sharply with her good eye. Her handwriting is cursive and very neat.

“Yeah I think that would be best, girl. I’ll leave you to watch over the warehouse for us. Anything happens, you’re in charge, and that includes if others would like to join you.”

Diet Cola made his way to the door followed by all but a few villains here and there.
“For those who wish to remain here, Barbeque Roast is in charge. Everyone else with me!”

“Ouch.” Matt sighed. “Hey, um, now that they’re gone and all, would it be possible for you to untie me? You see, I got a meeting at the other side of town I’m currently late for and I really must be off.”
weesong!
uss-en.
care-n about da Naboo.

Razul
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Razul » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:01 pm

Echo raises her eyebrows. I have a name. Two, actually, but neither of them are Barbeque Roast. Also, leaving me in charge was a poor decision. I just said I'm mute. She turns to the hero with a slightly amused look and shakes her head slightly.
Last edited by Razul on Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:28 am

Talchyon wrote:Glitch's perpetually dazed face looked even more dazed, if that were possible, as the Doodad-Wizard (as Glitch was now thinking of him) kept on talking. It felt like Glitch was undergoing some kind of Chinese water-torture in his brain. Visions of dancing chemical formulae careened across his vision, and his normally clueless expression got even more clueless. Finally, he had to say something to break the academic lecture. His sanity was hanging on a thread (which, to be honest, wasn't much different than the usual).

"So, in other words, Dude, you're saying that we should just go to our local Wal-Mart and ask them if suspicious people came in with like a science supply list? Soda pop-um and potato-um, and Caesar salad dressing-um? That's basically what I heard you saying, yuh know. So there's a chance we might be capturing my former chemistry teacher? He used to talk in gibberish like that, too." That raised a grin on his face. Otherwise, all of that technical stuff was like clouds - way over his head.

Mikael merely shook his head. "No, a Wal-Mart wouldn't hold any of that. Except water, Wal-Mart hold water. But, what if we find the bomb the other way, find out likely locations for it to be hidden. This "Mr.BIg" guy, if he is aiming for maximum casualties, would likely put in in, or near, a public area with many buildings around it, so as to cause many casualties. Although I suppose an electromagnetic surge may take out the bomb, if it doesn't have a mechanical failsafe. I really don't know. But I do know one thing! The infinites are the only ones who can stop this guy. Supposedly. But until I have something to shoot with my Kitten Cannon™ I won't be content."

"Anyone else have any suggestions", he spoke up to the rest of the table.

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:48 am

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Mikael merely shook his head. "No, a Wal-Mart wouldn't hold any of that. Except water, Wal-Mart hold water. But, what if we find the bomb the other way, find out likely locations for it to be hidden. This "Mr.BIg" guy, if he is aiming for maximum casualties, would likely put in in, or near, a public area with many buildings around it, so as to cause many casualties. Although I suppose an electromagnetic surge may take out the bomb, if it doesn't have a mechanical failsafe. I really don't know. But I do know one thing! The infinites are the only ones who can stop this guy. Supposedly. But until I have something to shoot with my Kitten Cannon™ I won't be content."

"Anyone else have any suggestions", he spoke up to the rest of the table.

"Um, maybe we could just go... No. I got nothing, what are you talking about," Pai'ea said.

Aesculapius slapped him on the back of the head and his twin shuddered.
"Yeah. Thanks. Aesculapius, keep doing that, I don't like Pai'ea."

"Ok, Ed."

Meanwhile, the paper airplanes Ed had made were still flying around, their little motors humming in the background. The butterfly was looking very confused. Aesculapius, for no apparent reason turned bright blue.
He then said, "Hey Talchy...Glitch. Was anvil guy, I think his name was Matt, was he supposed to be here?"
Last edited by The Last Abode of Pando on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:44 pm

“Oh come on, please? Nevermind…” He looked around the warehouse and whistled, “You know, this isn’t exactly the sort of situation I had in mind when it came to being tied up with a girl but, eh, I’ll take what I can get.”

He considered telling her a joke, maybe lightening the mood not to mention escaping but he cast it aside. Until they try hurting him, he really didn’t need to escape. After all, he heard about this ‘Mr. Big’s plans so who knows, he could continue eavesdropping and get as much information for the gang back at HQ.

I wonder what they’re thinking right now. I mean, I was the one in charge of bringing donuts to the meeting so they must be thinking that I'm taking my pretty time.
Last edited by The Land of Golden Blobfish on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
weesong!
uss-en.
care-n about da Naboo.

Razul
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Razul » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Echo considered him with a frown. She writes another neat note.

So . . . why are you here? She held the notebook out, annoyed by her inability to use her voice box, but not wanting to reveal too much to the hero.

Sphinxatopd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sphinxatopd » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Capt. Andorra

"This bodes badly indeed. We have no where near that amount of money. And they want to bomb the city? Poor city." He thought introspection-ly for a moment trying to be smart. "Hey! Wait, the note says we only have to bring as much money as we have. Why don't we bring the money, and then pounce on the guy when he comes. I think that is a superb plan." He nodded twice to assert his rightness.

He grabbed some donuts, waved at some people and returned to Glitch, Calculator, and That guy with the cat gun. "Now, the only thing I need is a shield. Glitch, just give me some money, and I will get some one good to build it. You trying to build is as bad an excuse as my wallet stopped working. I can use a replacement for a little time, but I want a good old shield. And where is that donut guy? He should be here by now. He's probably just in a gas station, using the bathroom.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Sphinxatopd wrote:Capt. Andorra

"This bodes badly indeed. We have no where near that amount of money. And they want to bomb the city? Poor city." He thought introspection-ly for a moment trying to be smart. "Hey! Wait, the note says we only have to bring as much money as we have. Why don't we bring the money, and then pounce on the guy when he comes. I think that is a superb plan." He nodded twice to assert his rightness.

He grabbed some donuts, waved at some people and returned to Glitch, Calculator, and That guy with the cat gun. "Now, the only thing I need is a shield. Glitch, just give me some money, and I will get some one good to build it. You trying to build is as bad an excuse as my wallet stopped working. I can use a replacement for a little time, but I want a good old shield. And where is that donut guy? He should be here by now. He's probably just in a gas station, using the bathroom.

Mikael listened to Andorra as he spoke. "Oh, shields are easy. You just need some heated metal, preferably iron or steel, and a mold that can withstand molten iron or steel, oh and some bellows. That would work too. Anyway, about the money, as much as we have, do they have a specific type of money? I mean, I have USD, Euros, some pounds, a few yen. But your plan could work..."

Thecreamof
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Thecreamof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:17 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:

Mikael listened to Andorra as he spoke. "Oh, shields are easy. You just need some heated metal, preferably iron or steel, and a mold that can withstand molten iron or steel, oh and some bellows. That would work too. Anyway, about the money, as much as we have, do they have a specific type of money? I mean, I have USD, Euros, some pounds, a few yen. But your plan could work..."

Aero-Gal

"Yeah, but we need to work as a team. The last time we fought anybody we got lucky 'cause Glitch's powers made them dumb & the drones not work right which was pretty darn cool by the way. Before that, The French Man was super kicking our super butts 'cause we weren't working as a team. Especially since we don't know if this ransomer is working alone.
Last edited by Thecreamof on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Our nation uses roughly 50.01% NS stats, 49.99% fact books.
Political views: I guess I'm a moderate who leans strongly towards liberal? Or perhaps a liberal who leans strongly towards moderate? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something interesting about me: I can wiggle both my ears! I can also crack/pop both my wrists @ will, but I can crack/pop my right wrist easier than my left!

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Thecreamof wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Mikael listened to Andorra as he spoke. "Oh, shields are easy. You just need some heated metal, preferably iron or steel, and a mold that can withstand molten iron or steel, oh and some bellows. That would work too. Anyway, about the money, as much as we have, do they have a specific type of money? I mean, I have USD, Euros, some pounds, a few yen. But your plan could work..."

Aero-Gal

"Yeah, but we need to work as a team. The last time we fought anybody we got lucky 'cause Glitch's powers made them dumb & the drones not work right which was pretty darn cool by the way. Before that, The French Man was super kicking our super butts 'cause we weren't working as a team. Especially since we don't know if this ransomer is working alone.

"Well, I wasn't here last time, so I'm not sure what happened with what aqnd who, but working as a team. I usually work alone, but we can certainly try."

Gaia Concordis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaia Concordis » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Jason Dolor
Orient, Minnesota- Abandoned Warehouse

Jason raised his eyebrows in surprise as Echo repeated his word back to him.
"Well," he began, inclining his head. "That's quite impressive." Indeed, it was. What was more impressive, however, was the sudden appearance of a giant holographic head in the middle of the warehouse. Taking notice of the gasping or cowering villains, Jason pursed his lips and glanced between the head and the former. Something, obviously, was up. Who was this head, anyway? Probably some big-wig. Maybe his power is being exceedingly famous. Jason nearly snorted outwardly, but held his tongue.

Friends? Jason thought when the hologram mentioned it. That was an odd term to use when dealing with supervillains. 'Allies', perhaps, or 'those-who-are-lower-on-the-kill-list'. Friends? Never- at least, until now. Jason supposed it was for the best. To the fires of Hades with the tropes!
"Well, friends. We have a problem that has bothered this world for far too long! The Infinites!" Jason blinked once.
Oh, no. This was it. This was the moment he had dreaded. It was a plot point. Here he was, being roped into some sort of plot to destroy the heroes... Jason's mind was racing. Did he go through with this? Did he not? If he was to be a hero, surely it would be good for him to attempt to destroy them? But, then, he could be painted as some sort of misguided anti-hero who needs to be 'saved'... Jason scrunched his facial features together and rubbed his eyes. Now was not the time for philosophy. Jason opened his eyes just in time to see a large man blush as he was accused of sleeping in Scooby-Doo pajamas. Apparently, judging by his reaction, it was true. "Nothing wrong with that," Jason murmured. He continued to listen, mulling over the possibility of going out and fetching this man's... Whatever it was he needed.

Wait a minute, a million dollars?!

Jason's eyes became as big as saucers for a moment, before he shook himself and returned his face to a neutral state. No. The love of money is a trope. I can't let myself fall into that vice. Then, the head stared at him- well, more like his group. Jason could feel the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. It was not a welcome feeling. I have to do something unexpected... Jason glanced around. What could he do that would break the tension and (hopefully) establish himself as different?

The answer was simple, really.

Seeing that the head's gaze was still upon him and the others near him, Jason did the first thing that came to mind: he dabbed. It was not drawn-out or slow, but a simple movement lasting about a second in its entirety. That'll show 'em. Continuing to listen, Jason felt a pang of fear as the head boasted about its anonymity, before mild confusion (and amusement) as it gave its name. Wow. 'Mr. Big.' Almost as nonthreatening as 'Phil'. Sounds like some sort of evil CEO. Jason thought of making another pop culture reference, but let the impulse slide away. The pang of fear that Jason had felt previously returned as Mr. Big announced his ability to know where they were at all times. Okay, that's threatening. As the paper drifted down, Jason strode over and read it. Mild confusion turned to moderate confusion, and Jason scratched his head. "How... Enigmatic." Moving back to give others some room, he followed Echo and listened in on her conversation with Diet Cola- well, listened and read. As she began her conversation with Matthew, Jason sat down a few feet to the side of Matthew and waved to them both. He opened his mouth to say something, but decided that it was better not to interrupt them, and simply looked on, observing the room around them. It would be impolite to barge into a conversation.
Dank memes, people being people, puns

Stupidity

"People don’t think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" -Unknown
"*blip blip*" -Falco Lombardi and Fox McCloud
"SKREEEEEEE" -Metroid #536
"*dies*" -Homestuck Characters
"The fandom has ruined my game" -Sans the Skeleton
"I would like to rage" -Grog Strongjaw
"... ... ... ... ... ..." -Pokemon Trainer Red
On Excidium Planetis's scale:
-(Around) Tier 11
-(Baseline) Level 5
-Late Type 11

Proud OP of Blazing Heavens!

Roma numquam periit.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:06 am

“I don’t know really to be honest. I saw the big flashing sign out front and thought why not? Anyway, could you guys please at least loosen me a bit? I’m feeling a bit crushed here and I’d hate to use my powers. Just this once, pretty please?” He attempted his best puppy dog eyes at her which turned out to be surprisingly good.
weesong!
uss-en.
care-n about da Naboo.

Razul
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Razul » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:42 pm

Chooses not to acknowledge the puppy dog eyes or the request. Responds to Jason's wave with a raised brow, wondering if he has something to say.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:10 pm

Legion Hall room 2, Orient, Minnesota
Glitch

Glitch glared a glazing glance at the Capt. "Wow, man. That stings. I'm a great guy with power tools and building things. Fine. You don't like the fact that I was trying to make you a shield?" (Technically, Glitch himself didn't like the fact that he was trying to make Andorra a shield, because, hey, that's not his thing. He's more into looking at magazines of guitars and surfboards) Continuing... "Well fine then. You can use this as a shield."

The dazed superhero walked over to a busted chair that was over in the corner, and yanked on the barely-attached seat. It came off into his hands All plastic. But hey, even plastic works in a pinch. And Glitch walked back to Andorra and said, "Ok, Shield-guy. You wanted a shield? Here it is."

"As for Donut-guy? I don't know. I thought he was gonna be here. (His donuts are much better than these crumpets, whatever's in them). Dude."

Thecreamof wrote:
Aero-Gal

Captain Calculator

Capt. Calculator pushed his pop-bottle glasses further up his nose, readjusted the 20 pens in his pocket protector, pulled up on his belt so that his pants were 5 inches above his waist and the tops of his socks where they meet the leg showed, stretched his suspenders, rearranged the 20 pens again, and then said, "She's right. We need teamwork! Besides, that always works on my son's pee-wee soccer team. So guys, let's hop in the Infinite-mobile and figure this address out! It's local. I know it sounds familiar... So, Aero-Gal, you going to ride just like last time? We have kind of a harness now."

(The Infinite-mobile is actually Calculator's family's used station wagon that his annoyed wife agreed to let them do their whatever with. Coathangerman came up with harness. Don't ask. Just hope it works.)
Last edited by Talchyon on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:00 am

"Oh I know! Liquid Nitrogen can stop the bomb. If we find it. But one quick question: When will I be able to shoot my kitten cannon™ at someone? I didn't make this thing to sit around and gather dust. Although, it does have a decent power source, if we have need of one."
Last edited by The Irish County of the Beare-Mor on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:46 am

With the conclusion of the large hologram's speech, the khaki-clad individual, and the two duo domino dudes remained stoic.

Phanatos sighed "Psychological warfare at its finest..." the lanky man would chuckle "Why exactly did we decide to work with these chumps?"

"Because we're about to get a million dollars richer." the monk replied quickly. With that the team followed an entity who deemed himself "Diet-Cola Man" charged out of the warehouse and to obtain the whims and wishes of their masters. All except one, who dabbed earlier.

Now, Ragdoll was known for bouts of randomosity, but this...this was deliberate. It was similar in the vein of doing the middle finger at the notorious "Mr. Big", but much more socially acceptable (albeit, cancerous). This would further entice Phantasos's curiosity, as he whispered to Ragdoll. "Go with the others, I'll stay with the prisoners. It appears that we're not the only ones smart enough to disregard the rules..."

Ragdoll smiled and scampered off, fading into the crowd.

Calmly Phantasos walked over to the one called "Echo". "Madam, I happen to be rather excellent at getting inside the heads of others, if the prisoner has any information of value, I'm certain we'll be able to extract it."
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Razul
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Razul » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:52 am

Echo tried not to let her relief show in her smile. This at least was something she could work with. Straightening, she inclined her head slightly.

"No permanent damage."

It had taken her a while to find that phrase. The voice was male with a British accent. It was in some old spy film that had survived in her collection of movies. She had no desire to re-watch it, but the phrase itself was useful. After a split second's thought, she scrawled Please. on the notebook. It never hurt to be polite. The last thing she needed was resentment from other villains.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse