NATION

PASSWORD

Zombified States of America *Open.Character-based.Survival*

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Jadwell
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Zombified States of America *Open.Character-based.Survival*

Postby Jadwell » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:42 pm

It seems the apocalypse has officially began. Nobody knows if it started because of an infection, religion, or a lab accident, but that's not the question which matters, the question that matters is whether humanity will ever be able to rebuild itself, or not. It all began in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti. Zombies were first reported in a home in the city 3 months before the apocalypse began. Police tried to contain them, but they were too powerful, and overran the police, slowly taking over the entire city. It is believed the first 'walkers' who arrived in the U.S were refugees and American soldiers deployed in the city. Major cities all over began to fall. When winter arrived, a lot of the zombies in the northern states and Canada froze, however even more survivors died during the long, cold and unforgiving winter season, while the south remained mostly the same. The zombies arrived in Europe, Africa, Oceania and Asia the same way, through refugees, or immigrants. The last countries to fall were those in the Middle East, Central Africa, the very last to fall was Canada, although settlements and camps still remain there today, but are falling due to a lack of resources and the cold. It is now been 2 years since the world fell, what will happen this year?

So yeah, the world is absolutely f*cked over. I know this seems very cliche, but all stories start somewhere, don't they? This roleplay will start in Philadelphia, and go from there. No god modding, meta gaming or anything like that. I am the only OP. OOC in the IC is permitted, but must be kept at a minimum. Also short posts/one-liners are allowed, but not for every single post. IC will be open when enough players join.

Code: Select all
Character Name:
Sexuality:
Ethnicity:
Hometown:
Faction: *Optional*
Reason for being in Philadelphia: *Optional*
Strengths: *Optional*
Weaknesses: *Optional*
Appearance: *Picture or description*
Personality:
Equipment: *Optional*

There are only three types/stages of zombies, one is the walker, which moves as fast as a regular human *Can run, is WAY less intelligent than one* and dies almost as easily, but is a bit tougher due to the rough skin it has mutated. Anyone who dies does and cannot become a walker, only those bitten or scratched can. The second type is a behemoth, which is a larger and stronger zombie. Behemoths are rare, with there usually only being 100 per state, however for some reason, Haiti is full of them. It is unknown how or why they exist, although it has been proven regular zombies cannot turn into one. The third and final type is the Infected. The infected is basically a bitten/scratched human which has not fully mutated into a zombie. They are only a tad bit less intelligent than a human and they show no physical signs of being infected, but can be distinguished by a cold, loss of balance, tendency to throw up and enhanced aggressiveness.

Factions:

U.S Army: Although just a fraction of what it used to be, the U.S Army still exists to this day, working to slowly liberate the U.S.A, with barely any success. They have lost a quarter of their men when the apocalypse began, and now 2 years later, have lost 2 thirds of the members they had before the world went to hell. They control small pockets of territory in LV, California, Midwest USA, Annapolis, Virginia and Maryland, controlling most of Hawaii, Alaska and Washington, D.C. They are headquartered at the White House.

Brandon's Bandits: Brandon's Bandits are probably the most dangerous raider group in the East Coast U.S. They pillage, kill, torture, enslave and generally causing mayhem. Brandon's Bandits are under the control of Brandon Church, as the name implies. They have no official headquarters but seem to dwell in the sewers of Maryland the most, so maybe that means something?

Raiders: Raiders are simply just raiders. There are MANY different raider gangs around the world, and they're names are pretty self-explanatory.

Philadelphia Police Department: The PPD has been split up after the apocalypse, with most of its members going off on they're own, or dying, however a small band of their members still operate in the name of Philidelphia and will do anything to protect its citizens, as their sworn duty. They are headquartered at the Independence Hall.

Occultists: Occultists are not one united faction, have one belief occultism. They say they make "potions", cast curses and speak to ghosts...OK not all of them are that crazy, but still some are, and aren't afraid to attack you because they're "ghost friend" told them too. Most occultists are this way due to going crazy, being isolated.

Church of Philadelphia: The CoP is exactly what the name says, the Church of Philidelphia. Based at the Christ Church, they are loosely affiliated and commonly harassed by raiders, and attacked by zombies. For defense they have two guards, one with a baseball bat, and one with an 8mm pistol.

Republic of Bucks: The Republic of Bucks is a small, Democratic micro state inside of Bucks county, Pennsylvania. They are isolationists and don't rely on trade with outsiders, using soldiers to go on supply runs in the nearby Philadelphia city. The Republic of Bucks is run by President Ralph Johnston, who is the republic's 30th president, because those before him all died painful and slow deaths, or became zombies. The Republic controls more than just "New Buck City", their capital, but it is their only area which is under government authority, except for military bases.

New Jersey Man Slaughters: The New Jersey Man Slaughters are a dangerous bunch. They mercilessly kill, not just for supplies or out of paranoia, but instead out of fun. They are recognizable by their bloodied masks, which show the Goddesses of Liberty and Agriculture, like the New Jersey flag. Although based in New Jersey, operate in Eastern Pennsylvania.

Philadelphia Mills: Philadelphia Mills is a group of survivors who have set up base at the mall of Philadelphia Mills. They are hostile to other survivors, although this is mostly because of Xenophobia to outsiders rather than being bad people.

So I guess that's all, hope I've somehow managed to interest you!

IC:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=390614
Last edited by Jadwell on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Franco-Iberie
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Franco-Iberie » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:44 pm

hmm, tag.

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Tag
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS
Favorite bands: Bon Jovi, Guns 'N Roses, basically anything by Eric Clapton, Queen, AC/DC, a few songs by KISS, but I don't care much for the face paint.

Not really a politics person, I don't care much about it.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:50 pm

IC is up, don't post though.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Character Name: Andre Russo
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Ethnicity: French and Italian
Hometown: Montreal, Quebec
Reason for being in Philadelphia: Andre was a tourist in Philadelphia when the zombies took over. *Optional*
Strengths: Dedicated, never gives up. Physically strong, a good cook and intelligent *Optional*
Weaknesses: Easily angered, disagrees A LOT and inexperienced with weapons*Optional*
Appearance: Short, dark-Brown hair with a curl in the back, wears*Picture or description*
Occupation: Currently, survivor, before the apocalypse was a chief, but made art in his spare time, which he sold for an income, alongside money working at a restaurant*Or pre-apocalypse occupation*
Personality/Interests: Andre is quick-tempered, hard-working and dedicated, but is still kind, and at times humorous. Is interested in arts, such as painting, drawing, food, wine, music and theater. Andre is adventurous, touring Philadelphia due to its history..
Last edited by Jadwell on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Character Name: John O'Brien
Ethnicity: Irish
Hometown: New York City
Reason for being in Philadelphia: Business meeting.
Strengths: Knack for business, good negotiator, quick thinking.
Weaknesses: Inexperienced with a Gun, could be mentally unstable.
Appearance: 6'1", 263lbs, slik blond hair, often seen wearing a black suit and tie.
Personality: John O'Brien is a strong leader with his experience as a successful businessman, and usually treats his employees with great respect. Despite this, he has been shown to have anger issues, and has made particularly controvertial statements about people he doesn't like. He likes business, some Alcohol (particularly Wine), and is strangely interested in politics.
Die nasty!!111

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:01 pm

Jovuistan wrote:Character Name: John O'Brien
Ethnicity: Irish
Hometown: New York City
Reason for being in Philadelphia: Business meeting.
Strengths: Knack for business, good negotiator, quick thinking.
Weaknesses: Inexperienced with a Gun, could be mentally unstable.
Appearance: 6'1", 263lbs, slik blond hair, often seen wearing a black suit and tie.
Personality: John O'Brien is a strong leader with his experience as a successful businessman, and usually treats his employees with great respect. Despite this, he has been shown to have anger issues, and has made particularly controvertial statements about people he doesn't like. He likes business, some Alcohol (particularly Wine), and is strangely interested in politics.

Approved.

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Character Name: Hans Hartmann
Ethnicity: German
Hometown: Hamburg
Reason for being in Philadelphia: *Optional* Fled to America with family when Germany fell
Strengths: *Optional* Experienced soldier, good with guns, skilled in multiple martial arts, quick-thinking
Weaknesses: *Optional* Proud, more willing to take a life than others, inexperienced negotiator
Appearance: *Picture or description* 6'3", Black hair, blue eyes, muscular, usually wears camo T-shirt with cargo pants
Personality: Proud of German heritage, anti-social, tough guy attitude, serious demeanor
Equipment: *Optional* Handgun, tactical knife
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS
Favorite bands: Bon Jovi, Guns 'N Roses, basically anything by Eric Clapton, Queen, AC/DC, a few songs by KISS, but I don't care much for the face paint.

Jashfania
Secretary

Founded: Feb 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jashfania » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:00 am

Character Name: James Ashworth
Sexuality:Heterosexual
Ethnicity:White British
Hometown:Liverpool, UK
Reason for being in Philadelphia: *Optional* For reasons that will become known in the story.
Strengths: *Optional* Extensive knowledge of weaponry and combat. Peak physical condition.
Weaknesses: *Optional* Commanding, Unapologetic.
5'11, with brown hair, blue eyes and a deep facial scar running down his face, top left to bottom right across his nose and lip. A boxer's stature, steadfast and strong, and deceptively agile for such a strong man. Clean shaven, with tattoos around his body, specifically his chest, back and arms.
Personality:Light hearted, serious, commanding, accepting.
Equipment: *Optional* SIG Sauer P226, 6" Combat Knife, 23" Katana, Heckler and Koch HK417.
Last edited by Jashfania on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a kind man, I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you'll remember me for."
|FAL| (GTA V PS4)
|54 Body Bags|
|Ómerta|
|Freeaim Legend|

The West European Dominion
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The West European Dominion » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:08 am

Jashfania wrote:Character Name: James Ashworth
Reason for being in Philadelphia: *Optional* For reasons that will become known in the story.
Strengths: *Optional* Extensive knowledge of weaponry and combat. Peak physical condition.
5'11, with brown hair, blue eyes and a deep facial scar running down his face, top left to bottom right across his nose and lip. A boxer's stature, steadfast and strong, and deceptively agile for such a strong man. Clean shaven, with tattoos around his body, specifically his chest, back and arms.
Equipment: *Optional* SIG Sauer P226, 6" Combat Knife, 23" Katana, Heckler and Koch HK417.

Accepted.

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:24 am

The West European Dominion wrote:
Jashfania wrote:Character Name: James Ashworth

Accepted.

Nice try bud. Only one OP
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The West European Dominion » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:38 am

Camaalbakrius wrote:
The West European Dominion wrote:Accepted.

Nice try bud. Only one OP

Sorry about that, I have many puppets, the WED being one of them..

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The West European Dominion » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:39 am

Approving the above post.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:39 am

The West European Dominion wrote:
Camaalbakrius wrote:Nice try bud. Only one OP

Sorry about that, I have many puppets, the WED being one of them..

Again, approving on my main account.

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:47 am

Jadwell wrote:
The West European Dominion wrote:Sorry about that, I have many puppets, the WED being one of them..

Again, approving on my main account.

Just making sure. Is mine approved?
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS

Escocaria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Escocaria » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:50 am

I'll tag this while I mull it over.
Pro-Union Anglo-Scot

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:51 am

Camaalbakrius wrote:
Jadwell wrote:Again, approving on my main account.

Just making sure. Is mine approved?

Yeah.

Camaalbakrius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Camaalbakrius » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:52 am

Jadwell wrote:
Camaalbakrius wrote:Just making sure. Is mine approved?

Yeah.

Ok. Thanks
Catholic Mentlegen

DEUS VULT INFIDELS

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:49 pm

Tag
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Character Name: Rupert Arrington
Ethnicity: Anglo
Hometown: Eton, Berkshire, UK
Reason for being in Philadelphia: Has lived in Philadelphia for 13 years
Strengths: Physical strength, charisma, skill in using and maintaining firearms, used to stress, pain, and blood from hunting in Africa
Weaknesses: Little mechanical knowledge, prone to reckless action, poor negotiation skills
Appearance:

5'9, fair-skinned and with grey eyes, wearing a tall, brimmed, tan hat and a short-sleeved tan shirt with bullet pockets and tan cargo pants, with brown steeltoe workboots.
Personality: Reasonable, loyal, and kind, but frequently reckless and impulsive
Equipment: Holland & Holland Double Rifle, Mauser C96, Bowie Knife, Backpack, Gavilan Machete, Multi-tool, Iodine tablets, candle lighter, first aid kit, wrist compass, and sleeping bag
Last edited by Crockerland on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Crockerland wrote:Character Name: Rupert Arrington
Ethnicity: Anglo
Hometown: Eton, Berkshire, UK
Reason for being in Philadelphia: Has lived in Philadelphia for 13 years
Strengths: Physical strength, charisma, skill in using and maintaining firearms, used to stress, pain, and blood from hunting in Africa
Weaknesses: Little mechanical knowledge, prone to reckless action, poor negotiation skills
Appearance:

5'9, fair-skinned and with grey eyes, wearing a tall, brimmed, tan hat and a short-sleeved tan shirt with bullet pockets and tan cargo pants, with brown steeltoe workboots.
Personality: Reasonable, loyal, and kind, but frequently reckless and impulsive
Equipment: Holland & Holland Double Rifle, Mauser C96, Bowie Knife, Backpack, Gavilan Machete, Multi-tool, Iodine tablets, candle lighter, first aid kit, wrist compass, and sleeping bag

Accepted.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Just to let you know, some of the U.S is under control of the U.S army, but still has zombies inside. Example, two US cities still standing are Washington, D.C and Seattle, but they still have a zombie population, and entrance is prohibited. Alaska is almost completely safe (Zombies freeze in the cold).

The first nation to fall was obviously Haiti, then the U.S, Cuba, Dominican Republic and other major Caribbean nations. Central Africa was one of the last to fall (Mostly still standing, but is full of other diseases) because, what refugee would want to go there? (Same for Middle East) Canada is still standing, but only in the far north, which is on its own, hard to survive in. I may make a map.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Character Name: Elizabeth Victoria Adams
Sexuality: Hetero
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
Reason for being in Philadelphia: Moved in before the outbreak,employed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
Strengths: Adept medical knowledge, agile, knowledgeable in weapon maintenance, and self defense.
Weaknesses: Farsighted, requires glasses to see close objects. Not very mechanically skilled. Too caring. Not incredibly patient.
Appearance:
5,4, 110 lbs.
Personality: Incredibly caring for the well being of others, self critical, forgiving, helpful, energetic
Equipment: SIG P220, Telescopic baton, first aid kit, weapon maintenance kit, bug out bag at home.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Vacif wrote:Character Name: Elizabeth Victoria Adams
Sexuality: Hetero
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
Reason for being in Philadelphia: Moved in before the outbreak,employed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
Strengths: Adept medical knowledge, agile, knowledgeable in weapon maintenance, and self defense.
Weaknesses: Farsighted, requires glasses to see close objects. Not very mechanically skilled. Too caring. Not incredibly patient.
Appearance: 5,4, 110 lbs.
Personality: Incredibly caring for the well being of others, self critical, forgiving, helpful, energetic
Equipment: SIG P220, Telescopic baton, first aid kit, weapon maintenance kit, bug out bag at home.

Approved. People may now post on the IC.

Jadwell
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jadwell » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Two characters ARE allowed, just letting everyone know.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse