NATION

PASSWORD

Gift of the Forbidden (IC|CLOSED for now)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Nyoka Kincaid
A snake in the grass

"Ah..." Nyoka sighed, sounding disappointed, "Don't tell me you forgot about me. How could you forget about me? I remember you. I remember all you left behind. So, why don't you remember me..." She said, and gave Charlotte big eyes, "How could you forget your little sister?" She then started to chuckle, "Then again, father did try to keep me secret from you. Then again, I doubt that father ever recognized me. It was always, Charlotte this, Charlotte that. Charlotte, Charlotte, BLOODY CHARLOTTE!! Why couldn't he just give me some praise, why couldn't he show me any love. Because you stole it all. And now, you are saying you have forgotten about me."

She took a breath, "But, that's alright I guess. It's alright. You betrayed father. He took you in. You spat in his face. I guess that's alright. Is it though? You know, if you ended up dead, maybe father will decided to forget about you, and actually notice me. Or he'll go into a deep depression.... meh, either way works for me."
Charlotte shook her head, and set Vera down gently because otherwise she probably would have dropped the girl at some point.

"...You can't possibly be my sister," she said, now audibly and visibly distressed, "because that bastard is not my father. And he never will be! Not after what he did to me! How can you say that I spat in his face? And how can you act like you're jealous of me? If anything, you're lucky that he didn't notice you! How can you possibly say those things? Or do you just not know about what he did? Is that what it is? Did he keep that a secret from you?"

Her hands were shaking.

"I don't understand," she muttered. "How is this even happening?"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:27 pm

Nyoka Kincaid
A snake in the grass

"B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. What does it spell. BULLSHIT!" Nyoka shouted and smiled, "Of course he's not your father. Biologically that is. But none the less, we are family." She sighed, and started walking closer to Charlotte, as her snake also closed in on Charlotte. "He took you in. He didn't have to. He didn't have to take in a worthless cry baby, but he did. He showed you how much he loved you. He cared for you more than he did for his own flesh and blood. How can I no be jealous? You got all the attention, all the praise, all the care, and all the gods damned love. And what did I get?" She crossed her arms, "Always got at most, a 'hhmmm' or something along those lines. You know, he never showed me or even told me that he loved me. So, why should I not be jealous. I know exactly what he did to you. Oh, what I wouldn't do for him to show me the same love he showed you. Though he did try and keep you secret... but I did watch from time to time."

She then closed her eyes and smiled with glee, "Oh, I can imagine it now. With you gone, all the love he will have to give me. Oh, yes..." She opened her eyes and looked at Charlotte, "I can tell you why all this is happening. Listen closely." She ran up to Charlotte's ear, "Justice always comes. Especially for little whores like you." And with that she bit Charlotte's ear.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:37 pm

A snake in the grass

"B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. What does it spell. BULLSHIT!" Nyoka shouted and smiled, "Of course he's not your father. Biologically that is. But none the less, we are family." She sighed, and started walking closer to Charlotte, as her snake also closed in on Charlotte. "He took you in. He didn't have to. He didn't have to take in a worthless cry baby, but he did. He showed you how much he loved you. He cared for you more than he did for his own flesh and blood. How can I no be jealous? You got all the attention, all the praise, all the care, and all the gods damned love. And what did I get?" She crossed her arms, "Always got at most, a 'hhmmm' or something along those lines. You know, he never showed me or even told me that he loved me. So, why should I not be jealous. I know exactly what he did to you. Oh, what I wouldn't do for him to show me the same love he showed you. Though he did try and keep you secret... but I did watch from time to time."

She then closed her eyes and smiled with glee, "Oh, I can imagine it now. With you gone, all the love he will have to give me. Oh, yes..." She opened her eyes and looked at Charlotte, "I can tell you why all this is happening. Listen closely." She ran up to Charlotte's ear, "Justice always comes. Especially for little whores like you." And with that she bit Charlotte's ear.
Charlotte pushed Nyoka away, shuddering violently, her eye flashing with anger and fear.

"That's not what I am anymore," she whispered. "That's the past. It's dead. I'm better than that now. How can you say things like that? I never wanted his 'love'! Thanks to him I hate the very idea of love! It makes me sick! What he did to me still makes me sick! Just thinking about it..."

She was weeping now.

"How can you want that? How can you ever want the things he did? And if you knew... if you even saw... How could you let that happen? You say you watched from time to time, didn't you ever see how much pain I was in?"
Antimony's eyes narrowed as she heard the conversation between the two, and her hands began to clench into fists.

...No. Focus. Don't feel any sympathy for her, she's just a target. She killed your sister! You hate her! You want her to die!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:35 pm

Nyoka Kincaid
A snake in the grass

"How couldn't I want that? It looked so, fun. As for letting it happen, what reason did I have to stop it. At first, yeah, I thought that he was being mean, and punishing you. But I learned. Father said that pain was good. Father said that people like pain. I learned, from watching father show his love, that pain is the only way to show how much you care. Oh, I learned the truth." She looked up and smiled before she started laughing, "Now, do I need to teach you the truth? Wait... WHERE DID SHE GO!?!"

Vera Thane
An escape

"Charlotte... Psst..." Vera whispered, "Let's go. I am filtering the perception in this clearing and the forest line. She can not perceive you or me right now, neither can her friends. I don't know how long I can hold it, so let's get going now."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:44 pm

A snake in the grass

"How couldn't I want that? It looked so, fun. As for letting it happen, what reason did I have to stop it. At first, yeah, I thought that he was being mean, and punishing you. But I learned. Father said that pain was good. Father said that people like pain. I learned, from watching father show his love, that pain is the only way to show how much you care. Oh, I learned the truth." She looked up and smiled before she started laughing, "Now, do I need to teach you the truth? Wait... WHERE DID SHE GO!?!"

Vera Thane
An escape

"Charlotte... Psst..." Vera whispered, "Let's go. I am filtering the perception in this clearing and the forest line. She can not perceive you or me right now, neither can her friends. I don't know how long I can hold it, so let's get going now."
Charlotte just shook her head at Nyoka's words, until she heard Vera speak. Turning to the other girl, she nodded with barely-disguised relief and lifted the injured girl again, starting to run.

So... the past isn't dead, is it? It isn't even past. And you thought you could escape what you are.

She blinked the tears from her eye as she continued to run--not just from Nyoka, but from a past that she never seemed to truly leave behind.
Antimony shot out of the bushes, her eyes narrowing. "Where is she?" she demanded, looking around angrily for her quarry. After realizing that the redhead was gone, the dark-haired girl sighed and turned to Nyoka, her eyes like steel.

"Mind telling me what that was all about? I didn't like where that conversation was going."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Nyoka Kincaid
In the clearing

Nyoka sighed and was petting her snake as Antimony approached. She whispered something to the snake, and then smirked. Her smirk disappeared when Antimony confronted her. She stood up and looked Antimony in the eye, as her snake once again merged with her.

"I dunno." Nyoka said and smiled, "I was just talking to my big sis. Family matters. Nothing you should be concerned about. If you didn't like it, then why where you listening? Oh, and if you are mad that you didn't get the kill. Don't be. It's all part of one big master plan of mine. Charlotte is scared now. When a person is scared, they are more likely to mess up." She looked down in the grass, as if she saw something, "And if they mess up, it is easier for a predator to corner them..." Her arm shot into the grass, and she pulled out a field mouse, "And catch them. Once caught..." She squeezed the mouse, until blood started to come from it's mouth. She then threw it to the ground and stepped on it. There was a small crunch as the mouses bones where crushed, and its insides turned to paste. She then ground it into the ground. "What was I saying? Oh, yeah, once caught... they are easier to break and then kill."

Vera Thane
An escape

"Charlotte... you're crying... is it because of that.... Asura would kill me for using this word, but is it because of that bitch?" Vera asked.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:03 pm

In the clearing

Nyoka sighed and was petting her snake as Antimony approached. She whispered something to the snake, and then smirked. Her smirk disappeared when Antimony confronted her. She stood up and looked Antimony in the eye, as her snake once again merged with her.

"I dunno." Nyoka said and smiled, "I was just talking to my big sis. Family matters. Nothing you should be concerned about. If you didn't like it, then why where you listening? Oh, and if you are mad that you didn't get the kill. Don't be. It's all part of one big master plan of mine. Charlotte is scared now. When a person is scared, they are more likely to mess up." She looked down in the grass, as if she saw something, "And if they mess up, it is easier for a predator to corner them..." Her arm shot into the grass, and she pulled out a field mouse, "And catch them. Once caught..." She squeezed the mouse, until blood started to come from it's mouth. She then threw it to the ground and stepped on it. There was a small crunch as the mouses bones where crushed, and its insides turned to paste. She then ground it into the ground. "What was I saying? Oh, yeah, once caught... they are easier to break and then kill."
"..." Antimony winced as Nyoka killed the mouse. I am working with a complete monster, aren't I?

...That's okay. She can help you. And once it's all over, you never have to see her again.

"...I suppose that makes sense," she admitted grudgingly. "I just... Is that really how you think?"
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Vera Thane
An escape

"Charlotte... you're crying... is it because of that.... Asura would kill me for using this word, but is it because of that bitch?" Vera asked.
Judging that they were a safe distance away, Charlotte put Vera down and turned away from the other girl.

"...Yes. Why do you care?" she asked, forcing herself to sound cold and suppressing the rawness in her voice.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Jack
On top of the tree

Where the hell did they go? That can't be possible, they couldn't just vanish, although, knowing what Marked ones are capable of I wouldn't be surprised.

Jack kept his rifle at aim as he scanned the area, the giant serpent moved about. Jack saw movement along the bushes but couldn't see who was moving. He didn't want to risk it and lowered the rifle.

"Fuck..." He said as he climbed down and walked over to Nyoka and Antimony.

"They're moving... I think I saw them but... I don't know... Just the bushes." He said as he whistle for his horse.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Kura
Alleys of Valos

After he ate the berry, he would feel a sense of relief. His wounds would shrink, and the pain would too.

Kura smirked a bit at Asura's words, but spoke soon after he finished.
"You don't have to be sorry. I'm not usually recognized by anyone who sees me, and for good reason.
Again, I'm not the most well known Goddess."
She paused and another line of swords appeared. She picked the longsword again and looked down towards the Thane.
"You should probably run, but there's around 5 more Demons nearby...
So just stick with me and, uh, scream if you see a Demon."
Last edited by Abserdia on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Nyoka Kincaid
In the clearing

"Maybe. Maybe not. The mind does what the mind does. I think how I think at any given moment in time." Nyoka said, "I ask myself that often, but I never get a response. Or a response that I like. Then again, those are the same things right?"

She then looked at Jack, "Of course they are moving. Hey everyone, look at this genius, he's figured out that to get away, people move. Oh, the world is going to be so changed now. I can't help but wonder.... who was that masked girl with big sis... any ideas? Other than the obvious, she's marked."

Asura Thane
Alley of Valos

"Yeah, sorry lady Kura, but I'm not going to scream if I see one." He smirked and cracked his knuckles, "That's not me. I know they can kill me, but that doesn't mean I can't try and kill them now does it. Call me stupid, but if there is something that threatens the innocent, I will fight. Besides, it would provide a distraction and make your job easier now would it."

Vera Thane
Escaped

"Because you were scared." Vera said, "And scared doesn't fit on you. I'm not going to ask if you want to talk about it, or anything like that. Let's just keep going. Though, my brother won't know where we went... maybe we should circle back to the city and find him? Or the cave."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:12 pm

In the clearing

"Maybe. Maybe not. The mind does what the mind does. I think how I think at any given moment in time." Nyoka said, "I ask myself that often, but I never get a response. Or a response that I like. Then again, those are the same things right?"

She then looked at Jack, "Of course they are moving. Hey everyone, look at this genius, he's figured out that to get away, people move. Oh, the world is going to be so changed now. I can't help but wonder.... who was that masked girl with big sis... any ideas? Other than the obvious, she's marked."

Jack
In the clearing

I ought to shot you right here right now.

Stain arrived quickly and Jack put away his rifle on the holster.

"They went west, maybe Violl's Garden. The only town close by, if you could even call it a town, more like a trading post. The Singing Rock's south of there would also be a probability. We can try to track them down there. I know a person over at Garden's. She might be able to help."
Last edited by Arengin Union on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do as I please"

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Escaped

"Because you were scared." Vera said, "And scared doesn't fit on you. I'm not going to ask if you want to talk about it, or anything like that. Let's just keep going. Though, my brother won't know where we went... maybe we should circle back to the city and find him? Or the cave."

"...That's cute," Charlotte said, turning back and forcing a rather contemptuous smile. "But misinformed and misguided. Let's go back to the city. Going to the cave would be an incredibly stupid move, after all, now my dear sister--oh wait, she's not my sister and she never will be--happens to know where it is. Oh, and smart decision, by the way, not asking about it. I don't have a lot of patience for those who ask too many questions. So stick to that course and we should get along... better than I get along with most people, and my relationships with most people are filled with tension and hostility if not outright hatred and murderous rage on either side of the equasion, really doesn't matter to me. Let's get going."

She picked Vera up again, clearly starting to become tired of carrying the other girl, and started walking.
Arengin Union wrote:
In the clearing

Jack
In the clearing

I ought to shot you right here right now.

Stain arrived quickly and Jack put away his rifle on the holster.

"They went west, maybe Violl's Garden. The only town close by, if you could even call it a town, more like a trading post. The Singing Rock's south of there would also be a probability. We can try to track them down there. I know a person over at Garden's. She might be able to help."
"...Yeah... good idea," Antimony muttered, still dealing with a moral crisis. Ah, well, she'd get over it, wouldn't she?

Eventually.

She hoped.

Parley...

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Kaidou wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:...

Suri's hand remained outstretched for an awkward second, before Aruen took it somewhat awkwardly and shook it. He wasn't used to meeting girls, and tended to be rather awkward around them at times.

"I don't suppose you or your brother have any plans for the future?" He asked.

At that point in time, Aruen wasn't really aware of what he or Gramps was planning to do. The two had been wanderers for five years and counting and just about everything they had done up till that point was improvised, thought up on the spot either by the boy or by the old man. Things had turned out surprisingly well, given how their three Marks were almost a perfect match.

But there was no telling how things would turn out in the future. Not with the hunters out and about.

"...at the first sign of Hunters, we were planning on moving, actually. Knowing they're in the same town is enough to motivate a change of scenery." Max answered for her, seeing that from the look on her face, she was probably going to say something similar. "Yeah, because they're really dangerous, and they never care to be merciful...it's always best to get out of their hair before they can catch Max!" She finished, a smile on her face, as if she didn't know that she herself could get a Mark at anytime, too. "Or, God forbid, Suri ever gets a Mark either..." He added, quite obviously concerned by the thought. "But...hopefully it isn't genetic."
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Anonymous Union
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anonymous Union » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:53 pm

As the demon escaped, Violet muttered angrily under her breath. "And then I'll fucking rip off your testicles and feed it to the fucking fish and if you don't have fucking testicles I'll fucking rip out a fucking idiot's testicles and staple it on--"

Haron shivered, and looked concerned. There was something... so off about Violet, that was for sure. "V... Violet?"

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Kaidou wrote:
Suri's hand remained outstretched for an awkward second, before Aruen took it somewhat awkwardly and shook it. He wasn't used to meeting girls, and tended to be rather awkward around them at times.

"I don't suppose you or your brother have any plans for the future?" He asked.

At that point in time, Aruen wasn't really aware of what he or Gramps was planning to do. The two had been wanderers for five years and counting and just about everything they had done up till that point was improvised, thought up on the spot either by the boy or by the old man. Things had turned out surprisingly well, given how their three Marks were almost a perfect match.

But there was no telling how things would turn out in the future. Not with the hunters out and about.

"...at the first sign of Hunters, we were planning on moving, actually. Knowing they're in the same town is enough to motivate a change of scenery." Max answered for her, seeing that from the look on her face, she was probably going to say something similar. "Yeah, because they're really dangerous, and they never care to be merciful...it's always best to get out of their hair before they can catch Max!" She finished, a smile on her face, as if she didn't know that she herself could get a Mark at anytime, too. "Or, God forbid, Suri ever gets a Mark either..." He added, quite obviously concerned by the thought. "But...hopefully it isn't genetic."

Painful words.

Aruen could relate all too well; after all, it was that circle on his back that had caused his father to throw him out of the house like a sack of rotten potatoes. A terrible fate to befall one just 11 years old... and yet, Aruen had been given, in return, the joy of the freedom he never would have experienced by following his father's footsteps and entering the public service.

He'd lost comfort, luxury, and security, but in return, he'd been given freedom.

A smile formed on the corners of his mouth.

People sometimes ask me if I'd want to relive my life thus far, but without the Mark.

I honestly don't know.

"As my grandfather sometimes says", Aruen added, glancing over at Holmir, who was quietly staring out into the distance, "there are ways to circumvent the stigma of a mark."

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Kaidou wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

Painful words.

Aruen could relate all too well; after all, it was that circle on his back that had caused his father to throw him out of the house like a sack of rotten potatoes. A terrible fate to befall one just 11 years old... and yet, Aruen had been given, in return, the joy of the freedom he never would have experienced by following his father's footsteps and entering the public service.

He'd lost comfort, luxury, and security, but in return, he'd been given freedom.

People sometimes ask me if I'd want to relive my life thus far, but without the Mark.

I honestly don't know.

"As my grandfather sometimes says", Aruen added, glancing over at Holmir, who was quietly staring out into the distance, "there are ways to circumvent the stigma of a mark."

Max looked up, the sentence quite clearly catching his attention. "...what?" He asked, as if he didn't hear him correctly. "Tell me...how? How is that possible? How do you do that?" He asked, taking a step closer, his voice having quite an urgent tone. It was quite obvious how desperate he was to hear, because the last thing he wanted was for Suri to live a life in the shadows as he had to, to be cursed as he and his mother had been. He'd never known if his father was Marked, but that hadn't quite mattered to the Hunters. He was afraid that the same thing might happen to his sister...but he knew, if somehow they could prevent it and he knew she would be safe, he could leave her in the arms of someone he could learn to trust, to save her by separating himself from her life. It would be devastating for both of them...but he cared about her safety more than either of their preferences.

Myra had been taking a walk when she'd seen the smoke rising from the Inn, which was beyond concerning for someone like her. She'd meant to go to the bakery that day to pick up some fresh loaves of bread, but she realized that this was far more important. She rushed to the site, but when she got there...there was...no one there. She frowned, wondering if anyone was inside, but with a little more listening and looking...it didn't seem like there was any. Well...that was okay. She was sure everyone had gotten out okay after hearing the words of some of the locals.

She sighed and continued on, casting a glance or two back at the burning building again before she stopped looking back. Instead, she was drawn to the yelling and what sounded like a fight...somewhere nearby, it seemed. Oh no...fights are never good...someone's bound to get hurt...I better make sure... She thought as she walked a little further, following the sounds of the fighting. Finally...after what felt like quite a while, she discovered what looked like two girls having finished a fight, one standing nearby while the other was bloodied and also standing with her. She gave a soft gasp before she ran to the most visibly-injured girl and placed her hands on her face, the concern written on her expression. "Oh, you have to be more careful, you two..." She said softly as "her" wounds began to reseal and heal. "Who knows what would've happened if I hadn't found you..? Infection, disease...oh, I hate to think about that..." She rattled off before she went to the other girl, placing her hands on her forearm and healed her wounds, too. "I can't imagine you guys were trying to fatally hurt each other, were you? That wouldn't be very clean...and it's dangerous! Can you imagine how hurt you'd get?" She sighed and shook her head a little. She didn't question whether they were Marked or not, but she almost seemed to know in a way, judging by their wounds.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:05 pm

Kura
Alleys of Valos

"I appreciate your show of courage, but that wasn't even the most dangerous Demon.
No man has ever survived long enough to speak of a few. The Demons you humans know of are the most common but least dangerous ones."
Kura stretched and started walking.

"I've heard a lot about you, though. Can't say that about every human.
Everyone keeps calling you the most powerful Marked in this world. Not true, but it certainly is interesting.
A man with the power to destroy a town without any help, and you're afraid of hurting a bug."
She readjusted her hat and looked around.
"I doubt you'll have anything to fear in the afterlife, Asura. But I am not the one to decide that."
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:18 pm

Asura Thane
Alley of Valos

"So what they aren't the most dangerous. They can still kill me easily." Asura said as he followed, "That makes them dangerous enough. Also, I'm taking that as a compliment. And wait, there is another Marked more powerful than me? Why haven't I heard of them... don't tell me they are a Forbidden worshiper. Also, how different in strength are they? Sorry, I'm just curious, and I need to know if they are a threat."

Vera Thane
Escaped

"You know I can walk. My leg isn't broken..." Vera said as Charlotte carried her, "Though if I may say something about that girl claiming to be your sister... she seemed broken to me. Something about her was not right. Not in a dark way, just not right."

Nyoka Kincaid
In the clearing

"How do you know they went West?" Nyoka asked, "But since it is the only idea... Fine... But I hope that I can ride with you."

Besides, lets let big sis thinking for a bit...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Escaped

"You know I can walk. My leg isn't broken..." Vera said as Charlotte carried her, "Though if I may say something about that girl claiming to be your sister... she seemed broken to me. Something about her was not right. Not in a dark way, just not right."
"Good! That means I don't have to carry you around anymore," Charlotte said coolly and then unceremoniously set Vera on the ground. "And did it really take you that long to figure it out? It's genetic. She's a bloody psychopath and so's her father. Growing up with that bastard it's no wonder she seems 'broken' to you. It's because she is. Nobody lives in that house and comes out unbroken. Nobody."

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:58 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Nyoka Kincaid
In the clearing

"How do you know they went West?" Nyoka asked, "But since it is the only idea... Fine... But I hope that I can ride with you."

Besides, lets let big sis thinking for a bit...

Jack
In the clearing

Jack saddled up and looked at Nyoka, "Well, it would make sense... they can't really go back to Valos, it'd be crawling with soldiers of the kingdom and hunters as well so the only logical way they can go is to Garden. And sure, you can ride with me, just know Stain tends to bump a mighty lot." Jack said with a smile.

He then looked at the more than quiet Antimony. "We'll get you a horse once we get to Garden."
"I do as I please"

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:42 am

Castle Crashers wrote:
Kaidou wrote:
Painful words.

I honestly don't know.

Max looked up, the sentence quite clearly catching his attention. "...what?" He asked, as if he didn't hear him correctly. "Tell me...how? How is that possible? How do you do that?" He asked, taking a step closer, his voice having quite an urgent tone. It was quite obvious how desperate he was to hear, because the last thing he wanted was for Suri to live a life in the shadows as he had to, to be cursed as he and his mother had been. He'd never known if his father was Marked, but that hadn't quite mattered to the Hunters. He was afraid that the same thing might happen to his sister...but he knew, if somehow they could prevent it and he knew she would be safe, he could leave her in the arms of someone he could learn to trust, to save her by separating himself from her life. It would be devastating for both of them...but he cared about her safety more than either of their preferences.

"There are, apparently, techniques to keep marks hidden indefinitely."

The question from his compatriot had also thrown Aruen into the realm of deep contemplation. How would life be different, hiding under the noses of the Hunters? As compared to running freely with them biting at your heels?

"Of course, you can't fool all hunters", Aruen replied, turning to face Max, his hands in his pockets. "Some of them are more experienced than others. Like that Jack guy." Till then, he still couldn't tell whether or not Jack really knew that they were marked, or whether he was simply using a psychological trick. There was certainly enough evidence for it to go either way.

Gramps would know, but I doubt he'd tell me.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Kaidou wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

"There are, apparently, techniques to keep marks hidden indefinitely."

The question from his compatriot had also thrown Aruen into the realm of deep contemplation. How would life be different, hiding under the noses of the Hunters? As compared to running freely with them biting at your heels?

"Of course, you can't fool all hunters", Aruen replied, turning to face Max, his hands in his pockets. "Some of them are more experienced than others. Like that Jack guy." Till then, he still couldn't tell whether or not Jack really knew that they were marked, or whether he was simply using a psychological trick. There was certainly enough evidence for it to go either way.

Gramps would know, but I doubt he'd tell me.

"Yes, I know this, but...how? How can you hide it? Or...prevent it, even?" He asked. He wished that Aruen would tell him, would just go ahead and share the information, but he assumed it must've been a more serious matter than that. Sensitive, even. Did he need to buy something? Sell something? If he even had to put down his life for her sake, he would, if that was what it took. "Please, tell me..." He asked, the tone of his voice sincere and truly desperate. It wasn't hard to see how serious he was about this. "Please...I would do anything if it meant saving her from this life of running and hiding...if it meant saving her from this curse..." He looked to Suri, and she looked back at him, as if she understood the weight of his words. After looking at each other for a moment, Max looked back to Aruen. "Please...I'll do anything, I'll give you anything, whatever you need...please just tell me..."

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:54 am

Kura
Alleys of Valos

Kura signed and turned her head to Asura.
"Let me tell you the story of a man named Sostratos.
This'll be a long one, though."
She took a deep breath and started speaking.

"Long ago, there was a man named Sostratos. He was a normal boy in a small town, which later became the Pennan town Graycott. Heirax, his best friend, later became the leader of the town.
And although he was a normal kid, when he was a teenager his parents began acting strangely.
The townsfolk became worried about them and their child.

Heirax asked Sostratos. But that child didn't know. He didn't know what was going on with his parents.
But, soon, he figured out.
His parents were worshipping the Forbidden, who came to them in their dreams. They said they would gift great power to their child if they promised to do whatever they wished.
Sostratos's parents agreed.

The child did not tell anyone, though. The Forbidden were new to humans, few knew of them. And if he just said that strange men and women visited their parents in a dream, the townsfolk wouldn't just accept it. They were religious, devoted to my siblings, and they've never heard of any other God.
Claiming there were more back then would be heresy."

She sighed again and continued.

"They kept their secret for a long time. Although he didn't agree with it, Sostratos didn't wish execution on his parents.
Heirax only became more worried, though.

Let's cut a few years forward.
His parents' secret came out around the time Heirax became leader.
They were caught and almost immediately thrown to execution. The crowd was yelling and screams were coming from the couple. Although he didn't want to, Heirax knew that he needed to.
But as they were burning, Sostratos noticed something on his arm. A Mark.
The first Mark.

The men burning his parents were suddenly stabbed by blades out of nowhere, and the fires extinguished.
The people near him dropped down and everyone else could only watch, as they were unable to move.

Sostratos could hear people who weren't visible talking to him, explaining his newfound powers.
The Forbidden told him to run away and, if he did, he would gain even more powers.
He bursted off. Everyone started moving after he went out of sight and some ran for him.
Heirax, though, stayed. And he prayed. He prayed to the Gods, to Faenta, for his friend, that he may become better, and he would come back unharmed.
And Faenta answered. She appeared and explained something to him. About what those Marks were, the Forbidden, and that he will be helped by a Goddess named Kura. I was willing to stop the first Marked.

I showed up and started searching for Sostratos. For... 2 or so hours, I searched and searched. This was, after all, a crime committed by the Forbidden.
And after those hours, I finally did find him.

Naked, covered in Marks, and by a fire in a cave. He was sleeping, and when I got near, the Forbidden stopped me.
They explained that they put a Mark on him that put him into a deep sleep. Every day he would become slightly stronger, and if anyone woke him he would gain a millennium of strength.
Furthermore, he cannot be killed while sleeping. At all. Not even Faenta could kill him. That is another Mark he had.
And I want you to understand this.

He's been sleeping for about a millennium now. He's already equal to a few Gods.
Waking him up right now? That would give me a hard time.
And although the Forbidden have never done anything like that again, as they've learned their lesson from years of me... dealing with them...
they refuse to just let Sostratos die.
And waking him up isn't a good idea either. We don't know what Marks he has. He could have something that can destroy the world in a snap.

So, now we're just... hoping he doesn't wake up. Ever.
We have assigned generations of loyal guards devoted to the Gods to his cave to ensure that.

That is the end of my story."
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 am

Rip

The Monster tore through Dawn's threads, removing them as easily as if they were made of dust.

Faenta Above, What is that thing? It's stronger than a waif bear. I kept one of those down, but this thing just threw off the threads as if they were nothing!

Dawn glanced around and saw the crew in various states of disarray.

We can stay here, Run after it, or live.

I think that I prefer life to curiosity.

Dawn dragged a ragged breath into her lungs."Everybody get back to the ship. If there's anymore then they can stay here by themselves. Everyone get up and move."
"Move."
"Move."
The Flame Dawn wrote:"Alright," said the Doctor who walked to his desk and wrote a few things on a sticky note and handed it back to the boy, "well I'm assuming your doctor has an actual and legally obtained doctorate so here's ya note."

Legato Venari wrote:Don't look at her tits. Don't look at her Tits.

Legato Venari wrote:Mutiny! We shall toss Contamensia to the beasts! Attack! Attack! Kill The nation of Contamensia! Declare War!

Charlia wrote:...I may never sleep again.

This nation is known as the search for that third facking Karma bar.
This Nation is known as the creeping disdain for the lack of a fourth karma bar.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse