NATION

PASSWORD

Champions of Chicago [street lvl Superhero](OOC/Signup/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Champions of Chicago [street lvl Superhero](OOC/Signup/Open)

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:22 pm

Champions of Chicago

The Setting

Heroes of Chicago is designed as a modern world, street level meta-human RP. Generally speaking it will be a sandbox RP, though I will throw in the odd guided story arc to help get people interacting. Chicago has been chosen because it is a high rise city and New York is overdone.

The setting is a version of our world where, for one reason or another people have begun to display interesting and extraordinary abilities. In time, some of these people will become known as super-heroes, others' names will be used to frighten children into eating their dinner. At the moment though these people are unknown. This RP is set at the dawn of meta-humanism. People have written stories about super-heroes for decades but any caped crusaders who have existed up to this point have been people belonging to the 'real life superhero' subculture. All that is about to change...

The IC

... can be found here!

Rules of Engagement

General Rules/RP Etiquette
  • I am the OP and will try to mediate disputes etc, approve applications or recommend a rethink etc etc.
  • Keep the OOC friendly!
  • Please don't godmod, metagame or any of those other bad things.
  • Keep it PG13 - try to keep the writing from getting too explicit.
  • Please use proper English grammar. This is not an attempt to stifle your creativity, the rules of grammar make things clear and easy to understand. Please do not try to use asterixes to indicate an action and please use paragraphs.

Thread Rules
  • Please don't destroy Chicago in the IC. This is supposed to be a street level RP (at least initially). If you are feeling the urge to, go and beat up some muggers... or mug someone.
  • If you want to launch a plot that has wide-scale implications for the fate of the city/world please raise it on the OOC first. To avoid excessive escalation we will try to keep most villainy to street level stuff.
  • Don't kill or mutilate anybody else's character unless you have agreed this with them in advance... though that being said, I do reserve the right to say 'you are dead' if you do something that has a zero chance of survival.
  • Do not RP the population at large or any government agency. I will do that for the sake of fairness.
  • Your character does not have a hotline to a deity.
  • Have fun!

Creating a Character
  • This is a street-level RP so there are certain limitations on powers. There are a lot of arguments on the internet about what, exactly, is a street level superhero. As a general rule of thumb I would say that it would be a character who would have difficulty overcoming a gang of a dozen or so assailants. If you can stroll into a military base and steal something without needing to worry, that is not a street level character.
    For reference, a Batman/Daredevil/Cat Woman/Green Arrow type of character would be fine. Dr Manhattan/Superman/Wonder Woman would definitely not.
  • If you want to give people major powers, counterbalance them with either weaknesses or conditions to power usage.
  • Please be specific about what your powers do.
  • Do not create characters to act as sidekicks/adoring fans for your main character. Additional characters should not be used to beef your main up with complementary power sets (that is not to say don't let your characters meet). If you want to form a super-team, form it within the thread with another player.
  • Your character is not known to the world yet. You may have started doing stuff on the streets, you might have even been reported on in some of the less reliable news sources but you aren't famous. Not yet anyway.
  • Characters I create will also go up as applications. Feel free to call foul if you think I'm breaking my own rules.

Character Application

This should go without saying but please delete the explanations I have put next to some of the boxes

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Super Identity:[/b]  This is for the future, you won't be known as this yet... unless it's a nickname from a scurrilous newspaper.  Feel free to leave it blank.
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] I prefer text but a picture is fine
[b]Occupation:[/b] Are you a cop, fire fighter or something else that could be plot relevant?
[b]Powers:[/b] Please note that we will assume you character is a meta-human if you put anything down here other than 'peak-human'.  Also 'magic' isn't a power.  The things you do with the magic are the powers.
[b]Conditions for Power Usage:[/b] What, if anything, limits the use of these powers?
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses: [/b] Please note that a personality trait is not a weakness.  Feel free to include an unhelpful super-power
[b]Background:[/b] If you are a gadget user this is a good place to explain how you fund your machinery.

An example character application (who will be drawn into the RP when it kicks off) can be found in the post below;

Accepted Characters

Sorted by the character's preferred name (for most characters this is their first name). If I notice you are mostly going by a nickname or superhero handle in the thread I will reorder;

Andon Bedrosian - A precognitive bouncer and Uber driver who moonlights as a cage fighter

Andrew Samson (Puppetmaster) A blue man who uses pheromones to control and manipulate others.

'Billy', Jebediah Driftwood A drug addict who can drive others insane with his touch.

Carl Despender - A skilled marksman and the mysterious face of a secretive organisation

Corynn van der Stoep - A retail worker who can heal from (almost) any injury

Janet Burke - A reporter who can record and record and repeat sound, take photos using her body and fade into the shadows.

Jennifer Blake (Chameleon) - a shape-shifting singer

Kelsey Carlyle (the Starling) - an exceptionally nimble martial artist.

'Sawyer', Tate Sawyer - a medical examiner who can manipulate medical contaminants

Sean O'Connor - an Irish mobster who has just awoken after several decades frozen in concrete.

'Stitches', Heinrich Guerring (the Sentinel) - An immortal 14th century alchemist who works as a fireman.

Prominent 'Normals'

The following is a list of non super powered characters who have achieved a more than passing mention in the IC thread.

Carlo Romano - the head of an unpleasant criminal empire.

John Babbage - A detective from Chicago P.D. John Babbage is a well respected, portly detective who is very close to retirement age. Babbage is currently investigating a triple homicide where not everything seems to add up.

Vito the Wolf - A mafia assassin who has handed himself in to Chicago P.D. and is offering to cooperate against his former employer provided that the police protect him from 'the vengeful dead'. Generally thought to have gone slightly insane.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Name: Corynn van der Stoep
Super Identity:
Appearance: At 5'8'' Corynn is moderately tall with a slim, elegant frame. Her hair is cut to just below shoulder length and would, naturally be a mousy-brown colour, but she dyes it blonde. Usually she wears her hair out though she will tie it back if she is doing anything physical. Corynn has blue eyes and a long, oval face. While Corynn spends quite a bit of time outside she never comes away with a particularly deep tan - a product of her Anglo-Dutch ancestry.
Powers: Corynn has a passable knowledge of firearms and self defence techniques, though there is nothing remotely supernatural about these abilities and she would not fare particularly well against the average police officer at this stage in the story.
Corynn had enhanced agility. This is slightly beyond natural human ability - she cannot dodge bullets but she can perform some fairly impressive gymnastic feats when running away and is slippery if cornered in hand to hand combat.
Corynn has a highly advanced rate of healing coupled with a high pain threshold. She can regenerate from almost any injury in a minutes to seconds depending upon how bad the damage is. She can reattach severed body parts and they will also regrow over time. This is not to say she is immortal, if she ended up in an incinerator or something similar she would not be walking away from it. Her pain threshold is also very high, though she will still be incapacitated if enough damage is done to her in a short period.
Equipment: None
Weaknesses: Corynn is not heavily built or particularly strong and can be overpowered fairly easily by anyone with enhanced strength.
Regenerating damage takes a lot of energy and becomes exhausting for Corynn fairly quickly.
Character Concept: Corynn will, after a period of development evolve into a competent fighter. She will never be particularly good, but her ability to regenerate and keep functioning when moderately injured will mean she will be very difficult to stop from getting back up again unless actually restrained.
Background: Corynn van der Stoep is a Seattle local and nobody of any particular significance. She comes from a humble family of blue collar workers and never went to college, although she has an impressive knowledge of random movie trivia. She has no great aspirations in life, no particular drive to do anything more than she is doing at the moment. She has a low paying job which is just enough to keep her rent paid and allow her a bit of spending money for a very busy social life.
Despite this, Corynn has developed a degree of bitterness about her situation and while her friends would usually describe her as relaxed and good-natured, she goes through periods of depression in which she can become, almost nihilistic in her outlook on life.
Recently Corynn has begun to notice changes about herself. She is looking a little healthier (which she has put down to a detox diet she did recently) and she has found her reaction time has increased (which she has put down to actually having made the time to go jogging every now and then). It would never have occured to her in her wildest dreams that she might be one of the first people to develop a 'super-power', though, as fate would have it, she is about to made aware of her abilities in a very unpleasant way... (First post in the IC will include her realising what she is). Whether she chooses to use her abilities for the betterment of society or whether she chooses to exploit them for personal gain is anyone's guess at this point.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Tag! I am thinking of either a telekinetic, or someone based off of Green Arrow from Arrow
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:16 am

Mundeo wrote:Tag! I am thinking of either a telekinetic, or someone based off of Green Arrow from Arrow

Either sounds excellent... we seem to be having a bit of a slow start with interest, but that is normal without an IC thread. Once we get 2-3 chars that aren't writtwn by me we can kick off :)

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:10 am

Will create a college poor-dirt version of ironman
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:01 am

Stadenwick wrote:Will create a college poor-dirt version of ironman

I totally aprove of this idea! Sort of wish I'd come up with it myself :p

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 pm

The IC is launched!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Tag. I have an idea that would be perfect for this.
Signatures are so 2014.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:00 am

Any Tags feel like turning that tag into an app? :) Otherwise I think I might declare this thread a, sadly, failed concept

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:22 am

Name: Alexander Robertson
Super Identity: Monster Blue
Appearance: 6ft 2in, with a lean build. Long, thick red hair that reaches his shoulders. Clean shaven, with a fair complexion. Several deep scars across his body, with strong concentrations across his upper arms. Very little hair on his body, and keeps it shaven. Size eleven feet and has large hands. Strongly defined cheekbones and a small Adam's apple. His neck is considered on the short side, as are his ears.
Powers:
- Accelerated Perception: More often referred to as "bullet-time" Alexander can perceive actions as though they are moving at a much reduced rate.
- Accelerated Thought Processes: Generally exhibiting itself as fast speech and apparent skim reading of even the dense of books, Alexander can learn and understand most things within minutes, if not seconds.
Conditions for Power Usage: In order to make the most benefit of his abilities, Alexander requires a great deal of focus. While carrying out an intensive activity, such as fighting he is forced to enter a trance-like state, during which he perceives everything at a heightened rate.
Equipment: butcher's knife, Glock 17
Weaknesses: Alexander can experience episodes whereby he enters a trans-like state - complete with all of its benefits - and cannot get out of. The duration fluctuates dependent on stress levels and sometimes happen briefly multiple times in an hour. These episodes carry the risk of overwhelming his senses, causing momentary lapses in memory, judgement and eventually unconsciousness or coma. In addition, when Alexander takes in too much information, his mind forces itself to discard other information and memories. If an information overload is undertaken too quickly, then he can lose a great deal of recent information and memories. This means that he can go from being able to dismantle an assault rifle in record time, to being unable to hold a pencil right, let alone remember how to spell (and what use is spelling if he doesn't know his own name?)
Background: To say that Alexander had a rough childhood is a blatant lie. His mother, Hannah Robertson, made her money as an author. Her young adult and spy thriller novels reached national acclaim for their addictive nature. Entire worlds were woven in the ink, so much so that her talent was made very evident. To whom did she sire Alexander? A nameless pretty face? No, James Cryson, a locally respected chef who was a partner in the Bryson Meals restaurant chain. Together they brought home enough money to keep a dozen children above the breadline, though they only brought up three.
Alexander is the youngest child and only son, a phenomenon which in the more civilised past would have led him to becoming heir to the entire empire his parents were building. However neither parent look to sex or gender to define who would inherit. As it stood, the eldest child, Carol-Ann, was a master cook, turning even the simplest of tuna toasties in to a quietly extravagant meal. So her name is in the Cryson will. Susannah, on the other hand, has inherited her mother's flair with words, capable of making the most mundane of shopping trips read like the voyages of discovery. So her name is in the Robertson will.
That leaves poor Alexander, whose dual fascination with history and politics - borne young and carried through his academic years -, without any great skill at the passions of his family. He appears to speak any language as if it were his native tongue, and moves with an unnatural speed and posturing which makes everyone else appear clumsy, but he cannot cook well enough to demand payment for his efforts, and his stories amount to nothing better than oddly phrased sentences which bear resemblance to an author attempting to make distinguishable quotes of every line. To him passed ownership of a small coffee shop, formerly co-run by his parents, and then his elder sisters when it was their coming of age. It makes more than enough to support his daily life, something which has allowed him to pursue other interests and passing fancies should the monotony of his life prove too great a strain.
Last edited by Argentumurbem on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:12 am

Argentumurbem wrote:WIP

Name: Alexander Robertson
Super Identity: Monster Blue
Appearance: 6ft 2in, with a lean build. Long, thick red hair that reaches his shoulders. Clean shaven, with a fair complexion. Several deep scars across his body, with strong concentrations across his upper arms. Very little hair on his body, and keeps it shaven. Size eleven feet and has large hands. Strongly defined cheekbones and a small Adam's apple. His neck is considered on the short side, as are his ears.
Powers:
- Accelerated Perception: More often referred to as "bullet-time" Alexander can perceive actions as though they are moving at a much reduced rate.
- Accelerated Thought Processes: Generally exhibiting itself as fast speech and apparent skim reading of even the dense of books, Alexander can learn and understand most things within minutes, if not seconds.
Conditions for Power Usage: In order to make the most benefit of his abilities, Alexander requires a great deal of focus. While carrying out an intensive activity, such as fighting he is forced to enter a trance-like state, during which he perceives everything at a heightened rate.
Equipment: butcher's knife, Glock 17
Weaknesses: Alexander can experience episodes whereby he enters a trans-like state - complete with all of its benefits - and cannot get out of. The duration fluctuates dependent on stress levels and sometimes happen briefly multiple times in an hour. These episodes carry the risk of overwhelming his senses, causing momentary lapses in memory, judgement and eventually unconsciousness or coma. In addition, when Alexander takes in too much information, his mind forces itself to discard other information and memories. If an information overload is undertaken too quickly, then he can lose a great deal of recent information and memories. This means that he can go from being able to dismantle an assault rifle in record time, to being unable to hold a pencil right, let alone remember how to spell (and what use is spelling if he doesn't know his own name?)
Background: TBA

I am going to accept him btw :) The power set is perfect for this RP.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:55 pm

Unfinished app to show I'm still here

Name: Nadir Jamshidi
Super Identity: Zenith
Appearance: TBD
Powers: Highly limited Gravity Manipulation. He can reduce gravity's effects on him and other people enough to cause them to float briefly (he will mostly use this on himself to jump higher and on others to stun them), and conversely increase gravity on certain objects to attempt to crush them under their own weight. He might come up with some more creative uses of his power later on.
Conditions for Power Usage: Using his powers uses up a lot of his energy. He's going to be tired and starving after any fight where he has to use them, and he might actually faint if he uses them continuously for more than a minute.
Equipment: Lots of coffee, a homemade "superhero costume" consisting of a grey hoodie, thick jeans, work boots and a yellow balaclava, and a SIG P220 pistol.
Weaknesses: Nadir does not have a lot of natural stamina, and between the many all-nighters he will have to pull being a superhero, all of the working out and training he will have to do to maintain the necessary physique for superheroics, and the exhausting nature of his powers themselves, he'll basically have to be hopped up on caffeine (and eventually stronger, less legal stimulants and steroids) all the time in order to be in any way effective. Plus, outside of his powers he's not particularly athletic or nimble, so in a fair (IE, without his powers) fight, he's going to lose to the average criminal.
Background: TBD (short version: He might have been more successful if he was willing to put in the work, he's resentful as a result, he sunk into anti-socialness and mediocrity, he jumps at the chance of being superhero due to desire to be successful and important, and after some preparation including buying a gun and making a "costume", the IC will be his first night out)
Signatures are so 2014.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Utceforp wrote:Unfinished app to show I'm still here

Name: Nadir Jamshidi
Super Identity: Zenith
Appearance: TBD
Powers: Highly limited Gravity Manipulation. He can reduce gravity's effects on him and other people enough to cause them to float briefly (he will mostly use this on himself to jump higher and on others to stun them), and conversely increase gravity on certain objects to attempt to crush them under their own weight. He might come up with some more creative uses of his power later on.
Conditions for Power Usage: Using his powers uses up a lot of his energy. He's going to be tired and starving after any fight where he has to use them, and he might actually faint if he uses them continuously for more than a minute.
Equipment: Lots of coffee, a homemade "superhero costume" consisting of a grey hoodie, thick jeans, work boots and a yellow balaclava, and a SIG P220 pistol.
Weaknesses: Nadir does not have a lot of natural stamina, and between the many all-nighters he will have to pull being a superhero, all of the working out and training he will have to do to maintain the necessary physique for superheroics, and the exhausting nature of his powers themselves, he'll basically have to be hopped up on caffeine (and eventually stronger, less legal stimulants and steroids) all the time in order to be in any way effective. Plus, outside of his powers he's not particularly athletic or nimble, so in a fair (IE, without his powers) fight, he's going to lose to the average criminal.
Background: TBD (short version: He might have been more successful if he was willing to put in the work, he's resentful as a result, he sunk into anti-socialness and mediocrity, he jumps at the chance of being superhero due to desire to be successful and important, and after some preparation including buying a gun and making a "costume", the IC will be his first night out)

Lol... love the idea of a home-made super-hero costume. Definitely accepted!

United Territories and States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Territories and States » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Name: Issac Frank
Super Identity:
Appearance: 5"7,Thin,Oblong Head,Blue Eyes,Brown Hair,
Powers: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Contaminant_Immunity http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Poison_Immunity
Conditions for Power Usage: What, if anything, limits the use of these powers?
Equipment: Gas Bombs, Syringes, Filter Mask, Plague Dart Gun
Weaknesses: Issac is only a normal human.
Background: Issac Frank is an Immunologist and he is also a megalomaniac. He was born to a single mother who was very sickly, he was alone most of the time, he was also around more disadvantaged children, leading him to develop superiority complex. In school, he was a huge bully to smaller kids, and boss them around. He grew a sense of megalomania, and this lead up till High School, when his Mother finally died. His ego had finally taken a blow, Issac went into Immunology to study diseases and the immune system. When he became a researcher on diseases, he was given government funding. Issac was eventually transferred to Chicago, he witnessed Gang Warfare and their dominance over certain suburbs, Issac's megalomania rose again, he decided to become a legend in Chicago, He donned a Duster, A Filtration Mask,and Kevlar plating.
Please be nice and refer this country as "America", or "United States" when in IC.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:03 pm

I am alive, and I have the perfect idea, I think, I like it at least.

Name: Tate Sawyer, goes by Sawyer
Super Identity:
Appearance: Greasy Black shoulder length hair often tied back in a ponytail, overly pale and unhealthily grey skin with a greenish tinge around the fingers, eyes, nose, and eyes, green with deep bags under them and a gaze that can turn stomachs, normally wears dark, baggy jeans and t-shirts
Powers:
Contaminant Manipulation - The ability to manipulate the general direction of a contaminant, blood, oil, chemicals, etc.
Asepsis - Immunity to any contaminant
Conditions for Power Usage: Sawyer has to have direct contact with a contaminant he is controlling to direct it anywhere but at himself but he is able to slowly but surely draw contaminants at himself to use
Equipment: Scalpel
Weaknesses:
Contaminant Attraction- The longer he uses his powers, the more powerful of a Draw and less control Sawyer has, and as he is not able to direct it to something fast enough, the material starts to absorb into him and stick to him, trailing after him wherever he goes before it eventually immobilizes him.
Coma - Eventually when he has been encased in the deadly mixture for quite some time Sawyer will awake and disperse it into a cloud to escape its pull, but this has never happened before.
He is a Lawful Evil Character, he will kill, but he will not cross his morals to do so
Background: Sawyer worked in Atlanta for the CDC but moved back home to Seattle for his ailing mothers sake and took up as one of the city's Medical Examiners, mainly dealing with cases related to death by disease due to his off the books stonewall fortitude. Sawyer mainly goes to work and comes home, and cares for his mother, sometimes managing to read or take a nap once in a while. First IC if hes accepted will be emotional for him.
Last edited by Kerzacistan on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 am

United Territories and States wrote:Name: Issac Frank
Super Identity:
Appearance: 5"7,Thin,Oblong Head,Blue Eyes,Brown Hair,
Powers: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Contaminant_Immunity http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Poison_Immunity
Conditions for Power Usage: What, if anything, limits the use of these powers?
Equipment: Gas Bombs, Syringes, Filter Mask, Plague Dart Gun
Weaknesses: Issac is only a normal human.
Background: Issac Frank is an Immunologist and he is also a megalomaniac. He was born to a single mother who was very sickly, he was alone most of the time, he was also around more disadvantaged children, leading him to develop superiority complex. In school, he was a huge bully to smaller kids, and boss them around. He grew a sense of megalomania, and this lead up till High School, when his Mother finally died. His ego had finally taken a blow, Issac went into Immunology to study diseases and the immune system. When he became a researcher on diseases, he was given government funding. Issac was eventually transferred to Chicago, he witnessed Gang Warfare and their dominance over certain suburbs, Issac's megalomania rose again, he decided to become a legend in Chicago, He donned a Duster, A Filtration Mask,and Kevlar plating.

Accepted!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:57 am

Kerzacistan wrote:I am alive, and I have the perfect idea, I think, I like it at least.

Super Identity:
Appearance: Greasy Black shoulder length hair often tied back in a ponytail, overly pale and unhealthily grey skin with a greenish tinge around the fingers, eyes, nose, and eyes, green with deep bags under them and a gaze that can turn stomachs, normally wears dark, baggy jeans and t-shirts
Powers:
Contaminant Manipulation - The ability to manipulate the general direction of a contaminant, blood, oil, chemicals, etc.
Conditions for Power Usage: Sawyer has to have direct contact with a contaminant he is controlling to direct it anywhere but at himself but he is able to slowly but surely draw contaminants at himself to use
Weaknesses:
Contaminant Attraction- The longer he uses his powers, the more powerful of a Draw and less control Sawyer has, and as he is not able to direct it to something fast enough, the material starts to absorb into him and stick to him, trailing after him wherever he goes before it eventually immobilizes him.
Coma - Eventually when he has been encased in the deadly mixture for quite some time Sawyer will awake and disperse it into a cloud to escape its pull, but this has never happened before.
He is a Lawful Evil Character, he will kill, but he will not cross his morals to do so
Background: Sawyer worked in Atlanta for the CDC but moved back home to Seattle for his ailing mothers sake and took up as one of the city's Medical Examiners, mainly dealing with cases related to death by disease due to his off the books stonewall fortitude. Sawyer mainly goes to work and comes home, and cares for his mother, sometimes managing to read or take a nap once in a while. First IC if hes accepted will be emotional for him.

I am going to accept this one... I just wanted to query a couple of things first.

How do you envisage contaminant manipulation working? Does he collect horrible infectious goo and fling it at people?

Also, what do you see as a contaminant? Technically that could be anything...

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:36 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Kerzacistan wrote:I am alive, and I have the perfect idea, I think, I like it at least.

Super Identity:
Powers:
Weaknesses:

I am going to accept this one... I just wanted to query a couple of things first.

How do you envisage contaminant manipulation working? Does he collect horrible infectious goo and fling it at people?

I envisioned it as like what I listed, discarded chemicals, used oil and such, shed blood, stuff like that, its stuff that someone medically trained would consider contaminants if found within a human body. Stuff that messes you up if it gets on / in you.
2 + 2 = 5

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:10 am

Kerzacistan wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

I envisioned it as like what I listed, discarded chemicals, used oil and such, shed blood, stuff like that, its stuff that someone medically trained would consider contaminants if found within a human body. Stuff that messes you up if it gets on / in you.

Cool, that's accepted then.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:24 am

Added in the biography, bored middle-class youth at least gets both the idealism of the "new generation" and the funding necessary to actually be a workable vigilante semi-professionally. If it is too much please do say and I'll change it.
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:46 am

Argentumurbem wrote:Added in the biography, bored middle-class youth at least gets both the idealism of the "new generation" and the funding necessary to actually be a workable vigilante semi-professionally. If it is too much please do say and I'll change it.

Looks absolutely fine to me. Having a mix of backgrounds will make things more interesting. He is accepted :)

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:54 am

Kerzacistan wrote:Background: Sawyer worked in Atlanta for the CDC but moved back home to Seattle for his ailing mothers sake and took up as one of the city's Medical Examiners, mainly dealing with cases related to death by disease due to his off the books stonewall fortitude. Sawyer mainly goes to work and comes home, and cares for his mother, sometimes managing to read or take a nap once in a while. First IC if hes accepted will be emotional for him.

To draw him into a plot, do you want to say that Sawyer was working on the crime scene in the first post of the IC? After your first post I'll have Babbage approach him at the office and ask him to look into the missing body, if you want?

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Kerzacistan wrote:Background: Sawyer worked in Atlanta for the CDC but moved back home to Seattle for his ailing mothers sake and took up as one of the city's Medical Examiners, mainly dealing with cases related to death by disease due to his off the books stonewall fortitude. Sawyer mainly goes to work and comes home, and cares for his mother, sometimes managing to read or take a nap once in a while. First IC if hes accepted will be emotional for him.

To draw him into a plot, do you want to say that Sawyer was working on the crime scene in the first post of the IC? After your first post I'll have Babbage approach him at the office and ask him to look into the missing body, if you want?

Sounds like a plan.
2 + 2 = 5

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:52 pm

Stadenwick wrote:Will create a college poor-dirt version of ironman

You mean Iron Heart?
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Hope thats ok for the first IC.
2 + 2 = 5

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse