NATION

PASSWORD

XCOM: United Front (OOC / DEAD)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:39 pm

@ Anowa

You get the Potato. (^_^)/ (::)

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:36 pm

After checking again, perks don't seem to be used all that much, and they're not mentioned in the OP, or the App form itself.
Or at least they seem to be used involuntarily.

How high can I expect to aim for ranks now that the RP seems to have advanced a fair amount?
And what would be the absolute maximum rank for an app at this point in time?

Additionally, I didn't really look at it yet, but psionics aren't researched yet, are they?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:37 pm

Serah wrote:After checking again, perks don't seem to be used all that much, and they're not mentioned in the OP, or the App form itself.
Or at least they seem to be used involuntarily.

How high can I expect to aim for ranks now that the RP seems to have advanced a fair amount?
And what would be the absolute maximum rank for an app at this point in time?

Additionally, I didn't really look at it yet, but psionics aren't researched yet, are they?

Highest currently Is Corporal. Psionics have yet to be researched.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:30 pm

Hey, just wondering, what squad will I be in? Because it looks like Alpha could use a sniper and I'm more than willing to join them if they want me.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:14 am

Independent States of Tula wrote:Hey, just wondering, what squad will I be in? Because it looks like Alpha could use a sniper and I'm more than willing to join them if they want me.

The placement of your character is depending on the decision of Beiarusia as OP, but you can ask him to be placed within Alpha if you make the sniper app.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:36 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Independent States of Tula wrote:Hey, just wondering, what squad will I be in? Because it looks like Alpha could use a sniper and I'm more than willing to join them if they want me.

The placement of your character is depending on the decision of Beiarusia as OP, but you can ask him to be placed within Alpha if you make the sniper app.

Eh...Anowa accepted said app on the last page. But thanks for letting me know that.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:21 am

Name: Alrick Lareylis
Nickname: Ghost
Sex: M
Nationality: French
Appearance: Light brown hair, Blue/brown heterochromia, slightly tanned skin, 1M85, fairly muscular, various scars on his back including an oddly shaped birthmark on his hand.

Class: Sniper
Weapon:
-Sniper Rifle
-Machine Pistol
Gear:
-Thermal goggles
-S.C.O.P.E
-Respirator

Armor: Carapace

Previous Assignment:

-Armée de Terre Française: 2004-2012
-War in Afghanistan: 2006-2010
-War in Somalia: 2010-2012
-GIGN: 2012-2014

Skills: Climbing expert, swims fast, good endurance, high natural tolerance to pain, Silver Glove IV in savate, quick reflexes.
Weakness:
-Has trouble with surprise flanking attacks.
-Prone to sudden anger bursts, even when absolutely nothing is happening.
-Can get pretty violent for no apparent reason.
-His tall stature makes him a pretty easy target on the ground, as such, he often remains behind unless he can get high cover.

Personality: Alrick is angry, cocky, and quite possibly one of the worst people to hang around with. He has intense trust issues and will often think that others want to draw fire to themselves, however once someone earns his trust and puts up with him for a few days, they will gain a friend that will protect them at nearly any cost.
He is prone to drinking but never really goes as far as getting himself drunk, tipsy at most.
Oddly enough he is a very silent person should no one try to talk to him and will hardly make any sound even in the field, only call outs to his team at most. He feels little to no remorse whatever he does, should it be killing someone, or something, due to this he hardly ever panics at all.

Bio: Alrick has lived a pretty normal life, in the countryside with his parents, in a rural community that honestly did not like Alrick's face at all.
For no apparent reason, he was taken as the local nerd that needed his life torn to shreds simply because he existed.
Then again, he was never good at academics anyway. However he put up with it, without saying anything.
And all this anger, this urge to resort to violence, caused by the constant insults, threats, hits and every other things the kids would try to do, it was bottled up, hidden away, until one day, during a thorough beating that had already lasted for more than ten minutes, he snapped.
Breaking several bones and nearly gouging several eyes out, he went on a rampage that forced him and his parents to move to the city.

After this event, he was insanely angry at all times, and the times where he threatened to get violent were feared by all. Although he never had to actually put any threats to action, he was still followed by a psychiatrist that helped him to regulate his anger, his violent fits, and overall helped him to find what he wanted to do later on.
As soon as he was of age, that is to say 16, he left the family home and enlisted into the french Armée de terre, barely passing.
There he learned to calm down as a reservist, trained to be a sniper, how to concentrate, how to hunt his target, learned how to be quiet, how to use Savate, and during the years that came he was sent to Afghanistan and Somalia, where he got the nickname of 'Ghost' as enemy forces never managed to find him and additionally his fascination over ghosts.
RP Example:
Gods among us V.2

Gods among us V.3

GAO V3.2

In Memorial Of the Fallen

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Serah on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:46 am

Serah wrote:Name: Alrick Lareylis
Nickname: Ghost
Sex: M
Nationality: French
Appearance: Light brown hair, Blue/brown heterochromia, slightly tanned skin, 1M85, fairly muscular, various scars on his back including an oddly shaped birthmark on his hand.

Class: Sniper
Weapon:
-Sniper Rifle
-Machine Pistol
Gear:
-Thermal goggles
-S.C.O.P.E

Previous Assignment:

-Armée de Terre Française: 2004-2012
-War in Afghanistan: 2006-2010
-War in Somalia: 2010-2012
-GIGN: 2012-2014

Skills: Climbing expert, swims fast, good endurance, high natural tolerance to pain, Silver Glove IV in savate, quick reflexes.
Weakness:
-Has trouble with surprise flanking attacks.
-Prone to sudden anger bursts, even when absolutely nothing is happening.
-Can get pretty violent for no apparent reason.
-His tall stature makes him a pretty easy target on the ground, as such, he often remains behind unless he can get high cover.

Personality: Alrick is angry, cocky, and quite possibly one of the worst people to hang around with. He has intense trust issues and will often think that others want to draw fire to themselves, however once someone earns his trust and puts up with him for a few days, they will gain a friend that will protect them at nearly any cost.
He is prone to drinking but never really goes as far as getting himself drunk, tipsy at most.
Oddly enough he is a very silent person should no one try to talk to him and will hardly make any sound even in the field, only call outs to his team at most. He feels little to no remorse whatever he does, should it be killing someone, or something, due to this he hardly ever panics at all.

Bio: Alrick has lived a pretty normal life, in the countryside with his parents, in a rural community that honestly did not like Alrick's face at all.
For no apparent reason, he was taken as the local nerd that needed his life torn to shreds simply because he existed.
Then again, he was never good at academics anyway. However he put up with it, without saying anything.
And all this anger, this urge to resort to violence, caused by the constant insults, threats, hits and every other things the kids would try to do, it was bottled up, hidden away, until one day, during a thorough beating that had already lasted for more than ten minutes, he snapped.
Breaking several bones and nearly gouging several eyes out, he went on a rampage that forced him and his parents to move to the city.

After this event, he was insanely angry at all times, and the times where he threatened to get violent were feared by all. Although he never had to actually put any threats to action, he was still followed by a psychiatrist that helped him to regulate his anger, his violent fits, and overall helped him to find what he wanted to do later on.
As soon as he was of age, that is to say 16, he left the family home and enlisted into the french Armée de terre, barely passing.
There he learned to calm down as a reservist, trained to be a sniper, how to concentrate, how to hunt his target, learned how to be quiet, how to use Savate, and during the years that came he was sent to Afghanistan and Somalia, where he got the nickname of 'Ghost' as enemy forces never managed to find him and additionally his fascination over ghosts.
RP Example:
Gods among us V.2

Gods among us V.3

GAO V3.2

In Memorial Of the Fallen

Everything seems fine to me.

Welcome to the team, Serah.

Accepted.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:48 am

Some feedback

People enlist to train as Regulars, not Reservists.

Age 16/17 seems a little young, seeing as the French Army's minimum age is 18 tho.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:05 am

Relikai wrote:Some feedback

People enlist to train as Regulars, not Reservists.

Age 16/17 seems a little young, seeing as the French Army's minimum age is 18 tho.

Back then it wasn't.
Least I don't think so.

And I just translated it from french, in french you just get to be a reservist stationed in France or somewhere in a french base overseas.

Theodosiya
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosiya » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:16 am

Used to have 2 Frenchie, one got stomach cancer. Now another came. What could be more interesting?
And if someone want to met and say hello or whatever to the drunk, depressed and very sad Seta, met him in the bar gym. With bottles of vodka. Hitting at punching bag to tire himself and divert his depression and anger at something else.
Last edited by Theodosiya on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
The strong rules over the weak
And the weak are ruled by the strong
It is the natural order

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:35 am

Theodosiya wrote:Used to have 2 Frenchie, one got stomach cancer. Now another came. What could be more interesting?
And if someone want to met and say hello or whatever to the drunk, depressed and very sad Seta, met him in the bar gym. With bottles of vodka. Hitting at punching bag to tire himself and divert his depression and anger at something else.

I'll probably strike a chat.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:37 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Theodosiya wrote:Used to have 2 Frenchie, one got stomach cancer. Now another came. What could be more interesting?

How do I make Alrick come in?
Last edited by Serah on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:43 am

Making a change of equipment.

Sniper Konayama Miyuki uses a S.C.O.P.E and a Grappling Hook. Handgun's the 5-7.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:49 am

Serah wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

How do I make Alrick come in?

I'm planning to make the five of us (me, Seta, Wolfram, Anselmo, and Rachel) to the bar.

Hmm...making a conversation with us, perhaps, you go to the gym? Or to Miyuki, but she's unhealthy psychologically-wise.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:49 am

Relikai wrote:Making a change of equipment.

Sniper Konayama Miyuki uses a S.C.O.P.E and a Grappling Hook. Handgun's the 5-7.

Handgun's poor range limits its effectiveness, though. But suit herself, though again.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:52 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

Handgun's poor range limits its effectiveness, though. But suit herself, though again.

For a sniper, sidearms are the last resort. Armor piercing and precision while relocating trumps firepower.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:53 am

I thought the handgun was the HK.45?
Yo, that's mad.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:56 am

Ubaria wrote:

Special favors here and there after asking nicely, although I can try to come up with a scene regarding a requisition.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:03 am

Relikai wrote:
Ubaria wrote:

Special favors here and there after asking nicely, although I can try to come up with a scene regarding a requisition.

Ah fair enough. Considering fitting some Reaper rounds to the shotgun, which i'd presume would be some insanely jacked up Dragons Breath shells.
Yo, that's mad.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:13 am

I'm making an aerospace engineer, if it's fine.

Name: James Johnathan Watson
Nickname: Watson
Sex: Male
Nationality: Canadian
Appearance:

Degree:
-Bachelor Degree on Mechanical Engineering
-Master Degree on Aerospace Engineering
Class:
Scientist

Previous Assignment:
-Pratt & Whitney Canada (2008-2013)
-Canadian Space Agency (2013-2015)

Skills:
-Fluent in French and English
-Genius-level intellect
Weakness:
-Socially awkward

Personality: Personality-wise, James is a nice and quiet person, though he always keep his social life a private and rather distance frequently from the other scientists, though it mostly because he cannot socially-wise act normally.

Bio:

James was born in Toronto, in a middle-class family. His father worked for Boeing as aerospace engineer, inspired him to be involved in the same career path. Unknown to him and his family at that time, that he would be a genius one and yet also filled up the role of socially awkward scientist. He worked his ways to the University of Toronto on Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering with scholarship, despite his father able to paid off the cost, it costed both of them their relationship.

Graduated from the University with two degrees, James was employed for Pratt & Whitney Canada, where he worked for the aerospace industry for a while, before being lifted and transferred into the Canadian Space Agency. Single and alone didn't really helped his social life, though soon XCOM caught their eye on his talents and employed him right away, in order to help the research and development of the XCOM aircraft inventory.

RP Example: CO-OP here. :p

Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:14 am

Relikai wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

For a sniper, sidearms are the last resort. Armor piercing and precision while relocating trumps firepower.

Hmm, alright. Just something of a question inquire. Sorry.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:17 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Relikai wrote:

Hmm, alright. Just something of a question inquire. Sorry.

Nah, I assumed such as well in the past.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:37 am

Hey. Room for one more?
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:35 am

Altito, Roscoe is in the gym as well.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse