NATION

PASSWORD

The Settling of the Dust (OOC/Signups) (PT) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Yymea
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Settling of the Dust (OOC/Signups) (PT) (Open)

Postby Yymea » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:48 pm

THE SETTLING OF THE DUST

IC

5000 years ago, the empire that had united humanity under a single flag collapsed. The peoples of the world once again began to turn against eachother, and a dark age begun. Petty kingdoms vied for the void of power left by the desintegrated empire, and the wars that followed led to the deaths of countless people and a worldwide setback of technology, learning and art. Now, however, as the dust settles down, new civilizations emerge from the ruins seeking to begin anew, and leave their mark upon the world

Welcome to The Settling of the Dust, a nation based rp set fifty million years into the future, with ancient and classical era technology. The surface of the earth has changed radically, and more efficient and larger versions of the flora and fauna humans domesticated have dominated the wilderness. The climate of the world is much milder than it is at the present, and the soil is richer. If you want to participate, just read the rules and make an app.

Rules:
1. Usual NS rules apply
2. I´m OP, and my word is law
3. Don´t Godmod, Numberwank, or anything similar
4. Be respectful of other players
5. Try to not let personal grudges interfere with rp
6. Make your nation original, don´t make it a copy of an existing nation
7. The same goes for religions, unless you have a very good reason for it to have survived
8. Have fun :)
9. Population must not exceed 20 million, and the higher the population the more setbacks your nation must have
10. Make your land claims reasonable
11. Expansion in areas not owned by anyone can only be done once we reach a significant ammount of players put Yes followed by the main colour of your NS nation flag an ammount of times equivalent to the ammount of colours in the flag in the have you read the rules question of the app
12. Put effort into your posts, and make them moderately long
13. No aliens
14. Don´t interact with ruins of the old empire unless you have permission from me in the OOC thread

Here are the apps:

EXAMPLE APP
Code: Select all
APP
NS name: Yymea
Nation name: Aaghe
Full nation name: Aaghe Gano (Flowered lands of  Aaghe)
Flag/Symbol: [spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/S1W07Lt.png[/img][/spoiler]
Meaning behind flag/symbol: The symbol of Aaghe represents the different castes of the country, and the worship of the Flower (Ganohmake). On the bottom are the common dwellers of the cities and towns, the Bono, in the traditional gesture of submission to the Flower, the Artists, the Guide, and the Soldiers, and wearing yellow clothes, which is the obligatory clothing of the Bono. Above them are the soldiers, Kaumo, in a modified version of the gesture of submission of the Bono, and wearing the grey trousers obligatory for soldiers when not in battle, and above are the Artists (Gakole) and the Guide (Gakoje) which are both naked, something that is only allowed to the Gakole and the Gakoje, and a symbol of their power, while looking at the Flower (Ganne) and basking in its glory, as only they can do.
Map: [spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/0GN4C22.png[/img][/spoiler]
Colour wanted on map: Orange
Map of known world (Lighter shade for lesser known areas): [spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/uttRoFT.png[/img][/spoiler]
Name of leader (If there is one): Gankoke Gakoje (The Guide that brings flowers)
Main strenghts of leader: Fervently religious, diligent, does not indulge in harmful vices, and capable military leader.
Main weak points of leader: Mediocre diplomat, not well seen by the Artists, tends to risk life in combat, and has no legitimate heir yet.
Capital: Aaghehe
Form of Government: Centralized Theocracy with power on the balance between a Guide, whose authority is heavily regulated by religious code, and an aristocracy of Artists, who, despite not owning any land, are heavily influential.
Population of nation: 8.700.000
Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any): [spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/0GN4C22.png[/img][/spoiler]
Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Aaghehe. 3.700.000 2: Jakobe. 1.800.000 3: Gaaghee. 2.200.000 4: Konoo. 980.000 5: Baguueo: 20.000
Method of succession: When the Guide dies, their title and power are passed on to either their older daughter or their youngest son, depending on who the current Guide deems better for the throne. For this, however, the Guide must have both a son and a daughter. If he dies without having these, the artists elect a new Guide which must be either one of the children of the previous Guide or an artist with has enough children to guarantee succession.
Culture: The culture of Aaghe is heavily intertwined with religion. The people of Aaghe do almost all their daily activities according to the teachings of the Flower. Religious festivals are frequently held, and these show that people of Aaghe are keen to drink alcohol, which isn´t condemned by the Flower, and generally enjoy celebrations. Polygamy is the form of marriage used in Aaghe, and its form depends on the gender of the current Guide, if the Guide is a male, all new marriages must have a male with multiple wives, but if the Guide is female all new marriages must have a female with multiple spouses. The society of Aaghe has almost complete equality for males and females, but large separations between the different castes which make its population, although they aren´t completely isolated from eachother. Art in  Aaghe is usually very simplistic, and formed of straight lines and basic shapes. Proportions tend to not match reality, and features are exaggerated. The symbol of the country is an example of this.
Language: The language of Aaghe, refered to as Ganneke, the language of the Flower, is the official and mandatory language of Aaghe. However, despite it being technically banned, it is not enforced in more isolated communities in Gaaghee or Konoo, which are yet to be fully converted. The languages of these communities are diverse, and not much is known about them.
Ethnic groups: Although the people of Aaghe don´t have a real concept of ethnic groups, there are physical differences between the people of the different territories of Aaghe. In Aaghehe, people are almost exclusively tall and dark skinned, with unusually long arms and hard features. People of Jakobe and Konoo are mixed between people from Aaghehe and natives, and usually have lighter skin and shorter height. In Gaaghee and Baguueo people are very similar to those of Aaghehe, although usually of shorter height.
Religion: The national religion of Aaghe is the Faith of the Flower, Ganno. The first Guide of Aaghe, Gannoba Gakoje, (The Guide that speaks by the Flower), wrote upon a writing cyllinder the tenets and story of her religion. She wrote that humanity bloomed from a flower, Ganno, and that this flower held humanity inside it, isolated from earth and its dangers. As generations passed, however, the people who had witnessed the birth of the first men died, and the new generations took the Flower for granted. Soon, they began to treat it with disrespect, tearing off petals from it, and eventually they lost their protector and home. From the dead flower, seeds went out into the air, which filled the world with the first flowers. Gannoba Gakoje said that she had been talked to by Ganno in her dreams, and that she was told that to redeem themselves the human race must treat flowers with the respect they had lacked treating their creator, and that they should plant these plants all over the world. The Flower also told her how to organize society. Peasants should dedicate themselves to planting flowers and providing food and materials for themselves and the rest of society. Soldiers should fight against those of other religions and spread the faith with force of arms, while the Artists should dedicate themselves to depicting the flowers and making sure that all echelons of society mantained their purpose and faith, using their arts and skill to do so, and that the Guide should lead all the faithful to Ganno to victory and stability. The Flower did not, however, tell her what happens after death.
Economy: The economy is entirely controlled by the Guide. His land is temporarly given to farmers to harvest, with regular checks on their efficiency, and the goods gained from the harvest distributed among the population. The same is true for mining, although the minerals are treated before being given. A large ammount of space that would normally be dedicated to agriculture is occupied by flower plantations, and the quantity of land used for food is enough to feed the populace with a small excedent in case of drought or bad harvests. The ground is very carefully treated so that it isn´t eroded or damaged. Lumber is also sustainably obtained. Because of all of this, the economy of Aaghe is stable, but stagnant, and it can never truly grow.   
Short term goals: To plant areas currently controlled by Aaghe full of flowers, establish control of neighbouring islands and the coast, and convert nearby nations, or at least convince or force them to plant flowers.
Long term goals: To convert, either peacefully or by force of arms, all lands in the world, and plant flowers on them until Ganne is content and finally blooms.
Relations with foreign powers: Aaghe doesn´t tend to deal with foreign powers of different religions of its own, and when it does, it tends to lead to bloodshed. The country is, however, willing to temporarly ally infidel nations in desperate situations.
Military: The military of Aaghe is formed of holy warriors, which brim with religious fervor. Both men and women are in the army. The different divisions of the military are the common infantry, usually dressed in simple iron armour and wielding swords, whose numbers are around 40.000, the cavalry, who ride the enormous horses typical of the region, formed of 50.000 people, the division of war chariots, with 20.000 people, the archer division, of 30.000 soldiers, and the elite guard of the Guide, formed of 5.000 men who dress as bees, and fight like no others in Aaghe. In total, the land military is 155.000 men strong. The navy is formed of around 200 ships, 100 light galleys, 30 transport ships, and 80 heavier exploration and warships.
Known history: Although Aaghe has a writing system, the recorded history of Aaghe is rather vague. There is some record of the existence of the empire, and it can be seen that it conquered the region approximately 8.000 years ago, 2.000 years before its fall. The people worshipped many different gods back then, and they lived in relative peace with the imperial authorities, with few revolts and uprisings. When the empire fell, various petty chiefs vied for supremacy in the area, and this lasted until, 1.212 years ago, the first Guide managed to control the entire area of current Aaghehe, and soon converted it. The country was the victim of foreign aggression for years, until it eventually managed to rid itself of the invaders and began to expand on the islands. 720 years ago, it established its first hold on one of them, and then slowly continued to expand and convert different areas until the present day.
Technology: Aaghe has a very advanced writing system, efficient agriculture, the wheel, and good seafaring technology. It has lackluster animal husbandry, somewhat rusty military technology, and mediocre ability for construction of large structures.
RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=365517
Did you read the rules?: Yes, red, red, red, red, red!
-444, Don´t remove-

APP:
APP
NS name:
Nation name:
Full nation name:
Flag/Symbol:
Meaning behind flag/symbol:
Map:
Colour wanted on map:
Map of known world (Lighter shade for lesser known areas):
Name of leader (If there is one):
Main strenghts of leader:
Main weak points of leader:
Capital:
Form of Government:
Population of nation: Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any):
Names and population of territorial divisions:
Method of succession:
Culture:
Language:
Ethnic groups:
Religion:
Economy:    
Short term goals:
Long term goals:
Relations with foreign powers:
Military:
Known history:
Technology:
RP sample:
Did you read the rules?:
-444, Don´t remove-

RESERVATION APP
RESERVATION APP:
NS Name:
Nation name:
Map:
-443, Don´t remove-

MAPS:

Blank

Nations

ROSTER:
Yymea: Aaghe
Krypton Nova: Gallia
Zaila: Aallonia
Qothia: Gosnayque (Reservation)
Lendenburgh: Lendenburgh
Irona: Eytheo
Malutia Lusia Cialty: Kounanti

Feel free to ask any questions about the rp.
Last edited by Yymea on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:02 am, edited 17 times in total.
Linnuis wrote: There's nothing at all stupid about the all leftists under twenty-fives online football challenge match... against the fascists.

Aallonia
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aallonia » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:32 pm

Aallonia, The Free Land Of Aallonia, a blue st george's cross, I Dunno i like the look of it, Blue, The Settling of the Dust, Dragonborn_VBH (Dragon/Dragonborn), able to give citizen rights? being stupid, Aallonica, anarchy, 4 regions, Eithaine,7,000,000 Rhonica,3,000,000 Isilos,1,000,000 Seinia,1,000,000, diplomacy, happy patriotic, New English, Atokian Tribes Hyreni Tribes and The Reinioa peoples, poor, making people happy, making the nation stable, Neutral, Poor, similar tribe groups found various technologies Union, They soon developed a nation , Very Advanced compared to neighbors, Roleplay Game Sample: Fus Ro Dah? yes i'm able to read an i red the whole page,

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Aallonia wrote:Aallonia, The Free Land Of Aallonia, a blue st george's cross, I Dunno i like the look of it, Blue, The Settling of the Dust, Dragonborn_VBH (Dragon/Dragonborn), able to give citizen rights? being stupid, Aallonica, anarchy, 4 regions, Eithaine,7,000,000 Rhonica,3,000,000 Isilos,1,000,000 Seinia,1,000,000, diplomacy, happy patriotic, New English, Atokian Tribes Hyreni Tribes and The Reinioa peoples, poor, making people happy, making the nation stable, Neutral, Poor, similar tribe groups found various technologies Union, They soon developed a nation , Very Advanced compared to neighbors, Roleplay Game Sample: Fus Ro Dah? yes i'm able to read an i red the whole page,

I can´t accept this in its current state. Could you use the same format as the example app, and put more details into it? Also, if you have never participated in an rp before, just write something in the RP example.
Linnuis wrote: There's nothing at all stupid about the all leftists under twenty-fives online football challenge match... against the fascists.

Aallonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Aallonia » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:14 am

Ns Name: zaila Nation Name: aallonia Full Nation Name: The Free Land Of Aallonia Flag/Symbol: Blue St. George's Cross Meaning behind flag: The Blue Represents water that the nation is plentiful of, white is the snow that falls during winter. Map:
Color Wanted On Map: Blue Map Of Known World: (Lighter shade for lesser known areas):
Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militaists, Form Of Government: Republic Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any): spoiler]Image[/spoiler] Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a cheif to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture: people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: of course i can read and i used that power to read the rules, i'm a good boy! -444, Don´t remove-

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:48 am

Aallonia wrote:Ns Name: zaila Nation Name: aallonia Full Nation Name: The Free Land Of Aallonia Flag/Symbol: Blue St. George's Cross Meaning behind flag: The Blue Represents water that the nation is plentiful of, white is the snow that falls during winter. Map: Color Wanted On Map: Blue Map Of Known World: (Lighter shade for lesser known areas): Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militaists, Form Of Government: Republic Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any): spoiler](Image)[/spoiler] Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a cheif to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture: people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: of course i can read and i used that power to read the rules, i'm a good boy! -444, Don´t remove-

Although this is better than the last one, I have a few gripes with it. First, could you make your own maps, or at least tell me where you want to be on the map so that I can add you? Second, reread the rules and you will find what you have to put in the "Have you read the rules" thing. Third, the "Economy" and "Religion" sections seem to be missing, as is the RP sample. Could you also add a bit more detail to the culture and government sections?

Krypton Nova
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 01, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krypton Nova » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:49 am

RESERVATION APP:
NS Name: Krypton Nova
Nation name: Gallia
Map: http://i.imgur.com/hzgc5ks.png
-443, Don´t remove-

I'll be filling in the proper app later today, and I absolutely love that spot but just don't have the time right now.
I hope I didn't claim too much. Looking forward to this RP!

Gallia is the historical name of Western Europe by the way, does that matter?
Last edited by Krypton Nova on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the The LCRUA.

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:53 am

Krypton Nova wrote:RESERVATION APP:
NS Name: Krypton Nova
Map: http://i.imgur.com/hzgc5ks.png
-443, Don´t remove-

I'll be filling in the proper app later today, and I absolutely love that spot but just don't have the time right now.
I hope I didn't claim too much. Looking forward to this RP!

Gallia is the historical name of Western Europe by the way, does that matter?

As long as it doesn´t have western European culture, it is fine. I will add you to the roster and map now, although if you take too long I will have to remove you.

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:57 am

Map updated!

Aallonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Aallonia » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:03 am

Ns Name: zaila Nation Name: aallonia Full Nation Name: The Free Land Of Aallonia Flag/Symbol: Blue St. George's Cross Meaning behind flag: The Blue Represents water that the nation is plentiful of, white is the snow that falls during winter. Map:

Color Wanted On Map: Blue Map Of Known World: (Darker shade for lesser known areas):

Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militarists, Form Of Government: Republic, the president does whatever the majority of the population says, even if it was a good or bad decision, Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any) Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a chief to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture:the aallonians love to play "Can You Find My Nose" (great Game) and most of them usually stay out of politics,they love drinking tropical drinks, and going outside to play "can you find my nose",they like to go hiking because mos of them live in rural stone houses, , Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: yes, white, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, i'm a good boy! -444, Don´t remove- Location: The Around The Center, Economy: Below Average Main Industry= plants/food, Religion:people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Rp Sample: The Settling Of The Dust,

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:06 am

Aallonia wrote:Ns Name: zaila Nation Name: aallonia Full Nation Name: The Free Land Of Aallonia Flag/Symbol: Blue St. George's Cross Meaning behind flag: The Blue Represents water that the nation is plentiful of, white is the snow that falls during winter. Map:

Color Wanted On Map: Blue Map Of Known World: (Darker shade for lesser known areas):

Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militarists, Form Of Government: Republic, the president does whatever the majority of the population says, even if it was a good or bad decision, Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any) Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a chief to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture:the aallonians love to play "Can You Find My Nose" (great Game) and most of them usually stay out of politics,they love drinking tropical drinks, and going outside to play "can you find my nose",they like to go hiking because mos of them live in rural stone houses, , Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: yes, white, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, i'm a good boy! -444, Don´t remove- Location: The Around The Center, Economy: Below Average Main Industry= plants/food, Religion:people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Rp Sample: The Settling Of The Dust,

Could you tell me where you want to be on the map, or, better, make it yourself? Also, with RP Sample, I meant that you write something to give an example of your rping skills, if you have never participated on an rp before. Try to make it as good as possible.

Aallonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Aallonia » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:54 am

Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militarists, Form Of Government: Republic, the president does whatever the majority of the population says, even if it was a good or bad decision, Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any) Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a chief to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture:the aallonians love to play "Can You Find My Nose" (great Game) and most of them usually stay out of politics,they love drinking tropical drinks, and going outside to play "can you find my nose",they like to go hiking because mos of them live in rural stone houses, , Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: yes, white, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, i'm a good boy! Location:The Argentina area , Economy: Below Average Main Industry= plants/food, Religion:people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Rp Sample:The President Walks Inside his house, his wife says, "honey,the courier told me some people are protesting something about nudity again", the president Replied "i already told them keep your private organs out of my face!, But They Replied I thought this nation was run on the peoples decisions." "but" The President continues "most the people don't to see your lemonade and milk makers out and about dangling!" That's NationStates For You, the most realistic nation simulator... BUT I LOVE THIS WEBSITE HOW CAN I HATE IT? -444, Don´t remove-

Krypton Nova
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krypton Nova » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:12 pm

APP
NS name: Krypton Nova

Full nation name: The Kingdom of Gallia

Flag/Symbol: http://i.imgur.com/YijhIfR.png Although Gallia doesn't have a national flag, the flag of the king's family is flown for similar purposes. This means that the flag changes when a new family would provide a king, or a king becomes part of a new family (see culture).

Meaning behind flag/symbol: The black and white symbolises good vs evil, balance and strength (they have strong contrast), the tree is religious and to show the importance of knowing where your roots are, aside from the importance of family in general.

Map:
Location on globe: http://i.imgur.com/hzgc5ks.png
Map of Gallia: http://i.imgur.com/QTkK6Op.png

Colour wanted on map: Red

Map of known world: See map. They know nothing aside from the island of Gallia. They see only the "great waters" surrounding them, and cannot cross them yet. Gallia and it's borders are fully known, aside from a few of the denser forests and deep into the mountains on the island from which no one has returned yet.

Name of leader (If there is one): Eathlwald, son of Ramnulf, son of Visigot, son of Bokhaert. He is the head of the Athgarald "family". See culture.

Main strenghts of leader: Experienced king, good diplomat, slightly-above average intellect, has considerable authority over people through his past actions, doesn't give up his dreams, and leads a strong realm (that is, his power stands strong and the realm has little to no infighting).

Main weak points of leader: Considerably worsening health and appears to be suffering slightly from dementia because of his old age. Can have a pretty bad temper when things are tough.

Capital: The town of Ârden in the province of Caern. The king's hall is located atop a hill outside of the town walls, from which he rules.

Form of Government: Elective Monarchy: Upon death of the former ruler, a new one is elected for life. The ruler is legally all-powerful, but often lends power to their subordinates. Power is usually not permanent, and can only be lend for as long as the ruler lives; as soon as the old ruler dies, all lend power is immediately retracted. This has left the country with a very centralised government structure. Power is solely held by men.

Population of nation: Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any): http://i.imgur.com/QTkK6Op.png

Names and population of territorial divisions: See map. Red dots are population centers of over 10.000 households, but there are smaller villages and plenty of people, such as farmers etc., living in the countryside. Estimated total population count: 900.000

Method of succession: Elective, although the heir designated to succeed the previous King usually does win the elections. It has never happened for other families to come in power over the course of the last 250 years, but it is technically possible. See culture.

Culture: A weird combination of a tribal lifestyle with feudalism (though the latter without a prominent clergy). The pyramid is as follows from top to bottom: The monarch, the royal family (the family of the current monarch), those the former two lend their power to, those the lenders potentially lend their power to, and at the very bottom the clergy and peasants respectively. The peasants are the vast majority, forming a little over 92% of the population, and the clergy is the second biggest group with about 7% of the population. The peasants aren't too bad off as the Gallian mentality is relatively tribal, causing every village to look out for it's own inhabitants. Power is solely held by men, but a man's wife is considered his best advisor and is therefore respected just as much as the man himself. Women are in charge of the household, in which men have nothing to say. Family is regarded as a circle of close family and friends closely tied to that family. The head of a family can dismiss and add members to the family at will. Usually people dismissed from one family join another family they share blood with or have close ties with though, but in some cases they can't and gradually spiral down to eventually become outcasts of civilisation, as people are looked down upon as untrustworthy, dishonourable, etc., the longer they are without a family.

Language: Gallia has only one, but a very complex language (it has no name as they know no others). It consists of 3 different languages being used to talk in the past, present and future. Not just the grammar is different, every word is too. It's writing is adapted to the very well to what they write on: boiled boar-hide. As it is rather uneasy to carve rounded symbols in boiled boar-hide, letters and numbers are composed of straight lines only, giving them a very runic appearance.

Ethnic groups: Gallians have no notion of what an "ethnic group" is. They are generally light or somewhat darker skinned people (although there is hardly a noticeable difference in skin colour), with most of them being tall, fair haired (blonde, brown or black are all equally common), and having either brown our blue eyes (they too are equally common).

Religion: They only know one religion, and don't have an actual name for it. The closest to a name would be considered the act of believing in it (as there are also those who don't), which is called "Gûorre". It is a polytheistic religion, having a pantheon of hundreds of gods and goddesses, some more important than others. Their chief goddess is Askethin, a goddess most commonly associated with wisdom, good fortune, intelligent battle and the seas.

Economy: The economy is fully reliant on the available goods, but those are not distributed equally. People in power tend to have roughly 50 to 250% (per person) more than peasants or the clergy, depending on their rank in the hierarchy. Although it should be noted that they usually put most of the extra acquired goods back into society again by fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of their elevated position.

Short term goals: Live in peace, prosper, and perhaps master boat-building.

Long term goals: Exist and keep existing, navigate and explore the seas, see if they have an edge and what might be there.

Relations with foreign powers: None.

Military: Villages have light fortifications such as palisades to keep out riff-raff and animals, and the home of the monarch is a big wooden hall with heavier fortifications around it. Stone is used sparsely, even though it would be a very common resource in Gallia if mined. The monarch has a personal retinue of warriors to guard him, but otherwise no organised armies exist. Sometimes villages have disputes, and in the worst cases such disputes result in the two sides fighting it out on the battlefield, but the men and women fighting in such battles are by no means professional soldiers (although it should be noted that practising various martial arts and shooting bows or throwing weapons is a common pastime).

Known history: Up to 250 years ago, all monarchs and there actions, technological developments, village feuds and battles, disasters, and demographic changes have been written down (carved is more like it) in boiled boar-hide. From before that nothing recorded was found, nor is it remembered. It is believed a major event happened back then, but there are only rather unlikely myths about what this might have been.

Technology: Most things are made of wood, and the Gallians are very adept at woodworking, making sometimes rather complex stuff out of it. Wheels, pulleys and cogs, a lot of the basic mechanical stuff exists, though made out of wood. They haven't mastered anything in boat building yet though, aside from a floating tree.

RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=385723&p=29579609#p29579609

Did you read the rules?: Yes, red, red, red.

-444, Don´t remove-
Last edited by Krypton Nova on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:42 am, edited 13 times in total.
Member of the The LCRUA.

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:05 am

Aallonia wrote:Ns Name: zaila Nation Name: aallonia Full Nation Name: The Free Land Of Aallonia Flag/Symbol: Blue St. George's Cross Meaning behind flag: The Blue Represents water that the nation is plentiful of, white is the snow that falls during winter. Map:

Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militarists, Form Of Government: Republic, the president does whatever the majority of the population says, even if it was a good or bad decision, Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any) Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a chief to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture:the aallonians love to play "Can You Find My Nose" (great Game) and most of them usually stay out of politics,they love drinking tropical drinks, and going outside to play "can you find my nose",they like to go hiking because mos of them live in rural stone houses, , Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: yes, white, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, i'm a good boy! Location:The Argentina area , Economy: Below Average Main Industry= plants/food, Religion:people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Rp Sample:The President Walks Inside his house, his wife says, "honey,the courier told me some people are protesting something about nudity again", the president Replied "i already told them keep your private organs out of my face!, But They Replied I thought this nation was run on the peoples decisions." "but" The President continues "most the people don't to see your lemonade and milk makers out and about dangling!" That's NationStates For You, the most realistic nation simulator... BUT I LOVE THIS WEBSITE HOW CAN I HATE IT? -444, Don´t remove-

Only two things left, add a section on the military, and change the RP sample. This nation you will be using isn´t based on your NS stats. Once this is done, I will accept you. EDIT: Also, add short and long term goals.
Krypton Nova wrote:
Yymea wrote:As long as it doesn´t have western European culture, it is fine. I will add you to the roster and map now, although if you take too long I will have to remove you.

It won't. Well, at least not exactly. The tech is of course vastly different (as set by this RP), but certain traits and characteristics and such cultural aspects of the people might be recognisable. It'll be post-hugemess soup with half a block of antique West-European bouillon.

APP
NS name: Krypton Nova

Full nation name: The Kingdom of Gallia

Flag/Symbol: http://i.imgur.com/YijhIfR.png Although Gallia doesn't have a national flag, the flag of the king's family is flown for similar purposes. This means that the flag changes when a new family would provide a king, or a king becomes part of a new family (see culture).

Meaning behind flag/symbol: The black and white symbolises good vs evil, balance and strength (they have strong contrast), the tree is religious and to show the importance of knowing where your roots are, aside from the importance of family in general.

Map:
Location on globe: http://i.imgur.com/hzgc5ks.png
Map of Gallia: http://i.imgur.com/QTkK6Op.png

Colour wanted on map: Red

Map of known world: See map. They know nothing aside from the island of Gallia. They see only the "great waters" surrounding them, and cannot cross them yet. Gallia and it's borders are fully known, aside from a few of the denser forests and deep into the mountains on the island from which no one has returned yet.

Name of leader (If there is one): Eathlwald, son of Ramnulf, son of Visigot, son of Bokhaert. He is the head of the Athgarald "family". See culture.

Main strenghts of leader: Experienced king, good diplomat, slightly-above average intellect, has considerable authority over people through his past actions, doesn't give up his dreams, and leads a strong realm (that is, his power stands strong and the realm has little to no infighting).

Main weak points of leader: Considerably worsening health and appears to be suffering slightly from dementia because of his old age. Can have a pretty bad temper when things are tough.

Capital: The town of Ârden in the province of Caern. The king's hall is located atop a hill outside of the town walls, from which he rules.

Form of Government: Elective Monarchy: Upon death of the former ruler, a new one is elected for life. The ruler is legally all-powerful, but often lends power to their subordinates. Power is usually not permanent, and can only be lend for as long as the ruler lives; as soon as the old ruler dies, all lend power is immediately retracted. This has left the country with a very centralised government structure. Power is solely held by men.

Population of nation: Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any): http://i.imgur.com/QTkK6Op.png

Names and population of territorial divisions: See map. Red dots are population centers of over 10.000 households, but there are smaller villages and plenty of people, such as farmers etc., living in the countryside. Estimated total population count: 900.000

Method of succession: Elective, although the heir designated to succeed the previous King usually does win the elections. It has never happened for other families to come in power over the course of the last 250 years, but it is technically possible. See culture.

Culture: A weird combination of a tribal lifestyle with feudalism (though the latter without a prominent clergy). The pyramid is as follows from top to bottom: The monarch, the royal family (the family of the current monarch), those the former two lend their power to, those the lenders potentially lend their power to, and at the very bottom the clergy and peasants respectively. The peasants are the vast majority, forming a little over 92% of the population, and the clergy is the second biggest group with about 7% of the population. The peasants aren't too bad off as the Gallian mentality is relatively tribal, causing every village to look out for it's own inhabitants. Power is solely held by men, but a man's wife is considered his best advisor and is therefore respected just as much as the man himself. Women are in charge of the household, in which men have nothing to say. Family is regarded as a circle of close family and friends closely tied to that family. The head of a family can dismiss and add members to the family at will. Usually people dismissed from one family join another family they share blood with or have close ties with though, but in some cases they can't and gradually spiral down to eventually become outcasts of civilisation, as people are looked down upon as untrustworthy, dishonourable, etc., the longer they are without a family.

Language: Gallia has only one, but a very complex language (it has no name as they know no others). It consists of 3 different languages being used to talk in the past, present and future. Not just the grammar is different, every word is too. It still uses the same alphabet and Arabic numbers, and although their shapes have changed heavily, they would have been recognisable to someone living 5000 years ago.

Ethnic groups: Gallians have no notion of what an "ethnic group" is. They are generally light or somewhat darker skinned people (although there is hardly a noticeable difference in skin colour), with most of them being tall, fair haired (blonde, brown or black are all equally common), and having either brown our blue eyes (they too are equally common).

Religion: They only know one religion, and don't have an actual name for it. The closest to a name would be considered the act of believing in it (as there are also those who don't), which is called "Gûorre". It is a polytheistic religion, having a pantheon of hundreds of gods and goddesses, some more important than others. Their chief goddess is Askethin, a goddess most commonly associated with wisdom, good fortune, intelligent battle and the seas.

Economy: The economy is fully reliant on the available goods, but those are not distributed equally. People in power tend to have roughly 50 to 250% (per person) more than peasants or the clergy, depending on their rank in the hierarchy. Although it should be noted that they usually put most of the extra acquired goods back into society again by fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of their elevated position.

Short term goals: Live in peace, prosper, and perhaps master boat-building.

Long term goals: Exist and keep existing, navigate and explore the seas, see if they have an edge and what might be there.

Relations with foreign powers: None.

Military: Villages have light fortifications such as palisades to keep out riff-raff and animals, and the home of the monarch is a big wooden hall with heavier fortifications around it. Stone is used sparsely, even though it would be a very common resource in Gallia if mined. The monarch has a personal retinue of warriors to guard him, but otherwise no organised armies exist. Sometimes villages have disputes, and in the worst cases such disputes result in the two sides fighting it out on the battlefield, but the men and women fighting in such battles are by no means professional soldiers (although it should be noted that practising various martial arts and shooting bows or throwing weapons is a common pastime).

Known history: Up to 250 years ago, all monarchs and there actions, technological developments, village feuds and battles, disasters, and demographic changes have been written down in boar-hide. From before that nothing recorded was found, nor is it remembered. It is believed a major event happened back then, but there are only rather unlikely myths about what this might have been.

Technology: Most things are made of wood, and the Gallians are very adept at woodworking, making sometimes rather complex stuff out of it. Wheels, pulleys and cogs, a lot of the basic mechanical stuff exists, though made out of wood. They haven't mastered anything in boat building yet though, aside from a floating tree.

RP sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p29579609

Did you read the rules?: Yes, red, red, red.

-444, Don´t remove-

I just have a small gripe with this, and that is the mention of arabic numbers. Unless there is a very good explanation on how they survived, or how they were found and imitated, then I won´t accept it. Other than that, this is great.
Last edited by Yymea on Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aallonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Aallonia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:18 am

Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militarists, Form Of Government: Republic, the president does whatever the majority of the population says, even if it was a good or bad decision, Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any) Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a chief to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture:the aallonians love to play "Can You Find My Nose" (great Game) and most of them usually stay out of politics,they love drinking tropical drinks, and going outside to play "can you find my nose",they like to go hiking because mos of them live in rural stone houses, , Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral, Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: yes, white, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, i'm a good boy! Location:The Argentina area , Economy: Below Average Main Industry= plants/food, Religion:people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Rp Sample:Welcome to a time where you can hear the birds chirping in the morning while you yourself churn butter. Wait? Churn butter?Why yes, you’ve taken a trip back in time to when life was easier and more peaceful.....or so you think. In this land in which you dwell there lie two nations within a close proximity of one another,the freeland of aallonia and the Land of Alternia. These lands are currently at peace with one another, allowing citizens safe passage between their lands. However, who knows how long this peace can last
?-444, Don´t remove- Military: Has a small military with advanced technology (compared to neighbors) Uses steel swords and wood bows crafted from the strongest trees....

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:21 am

Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militarists, Form Of Government: Republic, the president does whatever the majority of the population says, even if it was a good or bad decision, Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any) Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a chief to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture:the aallonians love to play "Can You Find My Nose" (great Game) and most of them usually stay out of politics,they love drinking tropical drinks, and going outside to play "can you find my nose",they like to go hiking because mos of them live in rural stone houses, , Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral, Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: yes, white, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, i'm a good boy! Location:The Argentina area , Economy: Below Average Main Industry= plants/food, Religion:people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Rp Sample:Welcome to a time where you can hear the birds chirping in the morning while you yourself churn butter. Wait? Churn butter?Why yes, you’ve taken a trip back in time to when life was easier and more peaceful.....or so you think. In this land in which you dwell there lie two nations within a close proximity of one another,the freeland of aallonia and the Land of Alternia. These lands are currently at peace with one another, allowing citizens safe passage between their lands. However, who knows how long this peace can last
?-444, Don´t remove- Military: Has a small military with advanced technology (compared to neighbors) Uses steel swords and wood bows crafted from the strongest trees....

What are your long and short term goals? Once you put that you will be accepted. Also, would you like to be in northern or southern Argentina?
Last edited by Yymea on Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krypton Nova
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krypton Nova » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:44 am

Yymea wrote:I just have a small gripe with this, and that is the mention of arabic numbers. Unless there is a very good explanation on how they survived, or how they were found and imitated, then I won´t accept it. Other than that, this is great.

Unless the empire of 5000 years ago didn't use them, Arabic numbers (1,2,3,... we use Arabic numbers, just to clarify) have probably remained in service due to the fact that writing and accounting (requiring basic math and writing down numbers) would have likely be continued to be in use even as the world fell apart. Now, their shapes would have changed drastically because writing them requires it to be easy to carve it into a boiled boar hide, so they would have been a lot less rounded than actual Arabic numbers, looking instead a bit more like runes with similar shapes. A 1 would probably look the same, or be transformed to a |, but a 2 for example would probably become something more of a Z, a 3 more of a flipped E, etc.

This of course doesn't count in case said empire didn't use Arabic numbers. In that case... well, I'll have to invent something, not that I have any problems with that :p
I'll update the original app to reflect this explanation, and remove that they might be recognisable.
Last edited by Krypton Nova on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the The LCRUA.

Aallonia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Aallonia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:58 am

Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militarists, Form Of Government: Republic, the president does whatever the majority of the population says, even if it was a good or bad decision, Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any) Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a chief to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture:the aallonians love to play "Can You Find My Nose" (great Game) and most of them usually stay out of politics,they love drinking tropical drinks, and going outside to play "can you find my nose",they like to go hiking because mos of them live in rural stone houses, , Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral, Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: yes, white, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, i'm a good boy! Location:The North Argentina area , Economy: Below Average Main Industry= plants/food, Religion:people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Rp Sample:Welcome to a time where you can hear the birds chirping in the morning while you yourself churn butter. Wait? Churn butter?Why yes, you’ve taken a trip back in time to when life was easier and more peaceful.....or so you think. In this land in which you dwell there lie two nations within a close proximity of one another,the freeland of aallonia and the Land of Alternia. These lands are currently at peace with one another, allowing citizens safe passage between their lands. However, who knows how long this peace can last
?-444, Don´t remove- Military: Has a small military with advanced technology (compared to neighbors) Uses steel swords and wood bows crafted from the strongest trees.... Short term: To Keep the nation stable Long Term To Influence the world, with freedom...

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:15 am

Krypton Nova wrote:
Yymea wrote:I just have a small gripe with this, and that is the mention of arabic numbers. Unless there is a very good explanation on how they survived, or how they were found and imitated, then I won´t accept it. Other than that, this is great.

Unless the empire of 5000 years ago didn't use them, Arabic numbers (1,2,3,... we use Arabic numbers, just to clarify) have probably remained in service due to the fact that writing and accounting (requiring basic math and writing down numbers) would have likely be continued to be in use even as the world fell apart. Now, their shapes would have changed drastically because writing them requires it to be easy to carve it into a boiled boar hide, so they would have been a lot less rounded than actual Arabic numbers, looking instead a bit more like runes with similar shapes. A 1 would probably look the same, or be transformed to a |, but a 2 for example would probably become something more of a Z, a 3 more of a flipped E, etc.

This of course doesn't count in case said empire didn't use Arabic numbers. In that case... well, I'll have to invent something, not that I have any problems with that :p
I'll update the original app to reflect this explanation, and remove that they might be recognisable.

Okay. You are now accepted.

Name Of Leader: (Dragonborn) Strong Points Of Leader: Gives the people most power, Seen Great as the people, Main Weak Points: Dosent have much power, Not Well Seen By The Militarists, Form Of Government: Republic, the president does whatever the majority of the population says, even if it was a good or bad decision, Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any) Capital: Loisica Population 10,000,000 Names and population of territorial divisions: 1: Sisionia 3,500,000 2: Aionea 1,000,000 3: Plaun 2,200,000 4: Bueica 2,300,000 Baguueo: 20.000 Method of succession: tribes unite under one banner and elect a chief to be president. You have to be a chief before you can run, the people elect their leader, Culture:the aallonians love to play "Can You Find My Nose" (great Game) and most of them usually stay out of politics,they love drinking tropical drinks, and going outside to play "can you find my nose",they like to go hiking because mos of them live in rural stone houses, , Language: the language of aallonia is aallonian it is mandatory, you have had to learn it at 2,and has 30 characters, aues, uiko, tsera, reoi, reoa, eirzi, eirzica, heieu, guk, tsweir, nijuo, kjuieri, lki, munghie, ksiao, heuzo, pzeja, mnqu, xouil, quioreo, xtui,julio, chni, musoa, wachian, wachina,tewquua, oines,tyioa, jklion. Relations with foreign powers: Neutral, Known History: Three tribes with little technology united and after a few years their technology was very advanced compared to their neighbors,not much else is known, but the three tribe names are, Tekiane, Quoi, loiua, Did you read the rules?: yes, white, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, i'm a good boy! Location:The North Argentina area , Economy: Below Average Main Industry= plants/food, Religion:people believe what they want to but the main religion, is aallonian, where Wyia the goddess of freedom and allows EVERYONE to live and have equal chances, even if there black or a woman, Rp Sample:Welcome to a time where you can hear the birds chirping in the morning while you yourself churn butter. Wait? Churn butter?Why yes, you’ve taken a trip back in time to when life was easier and more peaceful.....or so you think. In this land in which you dwell there lie two nations within a close proximity of one another,the freeland of aallonia and the Land of Alternia. These lands are currently at peace with one another, allowing citizens safe passage between their lands. However, who knows how long this peace can last
?-444, Don´t remove- Military: Has a small military with advanced technology (compared to neighbors) Uses steel swords and wood bows crafted from the strongest trees.... Short term: To Keep the nation stable Long Term To Influence the world, with freedom...

Okay, accepted too. I will update the roster and map in a second.

Qothia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Qothia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:42 am

RESERVATION APP:
NS Name: Qothia
Nation name: Gosnayque
Map: http://imgur.com/ewEQ7Zl
-443, Don´t remove-

note: It will be a Confederacy, explaining the size (that is the best i got...)

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 am

Qothia wrote:RESERVATION APP:
NS Name: Qothia
Nation name: Gosnayque
Map: http://imgur.com/ewEQ7Zl
-443, Don´t remove-

note: It will be a Confederacy, explaining the size (that is the best i got...)

The size is fine. I will add you in a second.

The Progressive Republic of Pinawa
Civilian

Founded: May 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Progressive Republic of Pinawa » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:47 am

Im new to RP in NS, can someone give some pointers? It'd much appreciated.

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:07 am

The Progressive Republic of Pinawa wrote:Im new to RP in NS, can someone give some pointers? It'd much appreciated.

Have you done RP outside of NS before? If so, this is like normal nation rp. You write things as if you were telling a story, and write about what is happening in your country. I would reccomend that you imitate the way other people do their posts at the start. Also, this isn´t normal NS rp, as you don´t use your NS nations.
Last edited by Yymea on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irona
Minister

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:52 am

tag, this looks really intresting

can I reserve the purple
Last edited by Irona on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yymea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Irona wrote:tag, this looks really intresting

Okay, hope you make an app soon :)

Lendenburgh
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lendenburgh » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:52 pm

APP
NS name: Lendenburgh

Nation name: Lendenburgh

Full nation name: The Principality of Lendenburgh

Flag/Symbol: A white eagle on a blue and red striped field (Image)
Meaning behind flag/symbol: In the area where Lendenburgh was first founded, there were very large white birds which the locals soon adapted to be a symbol of their society. For the most part, these birds are still not hunted, as they are seen as a semi religious figure, and they are also considered a good omen. The Lendenburghers have named the birds the Druviskharen, or the Bringer of Kindness. An abundance of this bird usually means a good harvest is on the horizon. The blue in the flag represents the sea, which is an integral part of Lendenburgher society, as the people rely heavily on the sea to feed them and also for fun and sport. The red of the flag represents the red clay soil that Lendenburgh was built upon. Aside from the sea, Lendenburgh also has many farms of cabbage, lettuce, and beans, which are nourished by the clay's rich nutrients and moisture.

Map:

Colour wanted on map: Light purple

Map of known world (Lighter shade for lesser known areas):

Name of leader (If there is one): Prince Harald

Main strenghts of leader: Good speaker, able to rally people behind his cause, and convince them to do things, also to raise their morale

Main weak points of leader: Poor military leader, bad at tactics, and unconfident at the head of an army

Capital: Mächtagen

Form of Government: Absolute Monarchy/Principality

Population of nation: 3,683,400

Map of territorial divisions of nation (If there are any):

Names and population of territorial divisions:
Mächfelder- 1,298,340
Saarlsboro- 859,460
Vlychenot- 529,300
Sudentifen- 425,600
Fort Kanelsburg- 264,300
Abensee- 248,560
Haralzarda- 57,840

Method of succession: Primogeniture, the eldest born child of the current ruler will inherit, regardless of gender. The law was established this way as the first King of Lendenburgh bore only daughters, and though he planned to make the succession open only to males, he decided against it, as it would've ended his family's reign. Because of this law, the people of Lendenburgh are open and used to seeing women in roles of leadership and government.

Culture: The culture of Lendenburgh is based heavily around the sea, especially the tide and the seasons. For this reason, the moon is seen as a deity in Lendenburgh culture. Usually holidays fall upon days of harvest, or around the highest tides of the year. As mentioned earlier, in Lendenburgh, women and men are seen as equals in all facets of society. One of the most common cultural traditions in Lendenburgh is for any child to go aboard a ship the day they turn 16, and they sail along the coasts and explore for the next 18 months before returning home. This is seen as paying homage to both the sea and the land that surrounds Lendenburgh.

Language: The official Language of Lendenburgh is Lavlna, which is closely related to the word for sea, or wave, Talva. The language originated from the people of Mächtagen, but as Lendenburgh grew, the language changed and creolized with other native languages, leading it into the current state that it is now. The language itself is very guttural, and probably not the most beautiful you'll ever hear. In Lendenburgh, the right to language is held sacrosanct, so the populace is all very well educated and fluent in the language.

Ethnic groups: There are really only two distinct ethnic groups within Lendenburgh, north of the Bay of Lendenburgh there are fairer skinned people with harsher features that are referred to as Nörvanti and then to the south of the Bay, there are olive skinned people, with smooth features and flatter faces that are referred to as Landesuna. While there are slightly more Landesuna people in Lendenburgh, the ratio is very close, at about 45/55.

Religion: In Lendenburgh there is no true state organized religion, but instead an informal pantheon that the people of Lendenburgh follow loosely, adopting their own household gods and praying mostly at home. For this reason, there are no large worshipping buildings in Lendenburgh, only small shrines upon hills, along rivers, or in city centers. The main deity that is worshipped is that of the moon Goddess, Aeteria, and that of the sea god Moreltia, who are regarded to be the King and Queen of the rest of the gods. There are also the gods of the harvest Letni, Heirscht, Zimanter, and Prujoer, for which the seasons are named, Lenna(Summer), Hersacht(Autumn), Zimman(Winter), and Prœur(Spring). There are about a dozen major gods, and then hundreds of minor gods, that people worship all over the country. In the south, where most of the farming takes place, the harvest gods are much more widely worshipped, whereas in the north, where lots of fishing takes place, the sea and moon gods are much more widely worshipped.

Economy: The Lendenburgh Economy is relatively free market, the official currency, Fierenmenz, is backed in value by the Fiermak(Poppy) flower, which is very rare, and only grown in very small numbers in the East. The currency is minted upon limestone coins, quarried from around the Bay of Lendenburgh. Because of this widely circulating currency, the economy is mainly driven by individuals, with farmers selling their goods to merchants, who sell them to sea captains, who finance expeditions abroad. The monarchy's main income, besides tax, is their large tracts of farm fields, of which they take 15% of the income from. The monarchy has also placed a small 5% tax on all fishing proceeds.

Short term goals: The short term goal of Lendenburgh is to meet another civilization and continue to explore their surroundings. Due to their relatively isolated position, Lendenburgh has not made any diplomatic relationships with foreign powers, and would like to do so.

Long term goals: The long term goal of Lendenburgh is to expand their borders to encase most of the continent they occupy. They want more land to farm and more sea to fish, and more ability to expand their economic prowess.

Relations with foreign powers: None, as none have been met.

Military: The military of Lendenburgh is relatively small, however, it's navy is very large due to the sea-faring culture of the Nation. The army is lightly armored, only having leather armor, and is poorly armed as well, only having stone spears, basic bows, and a small number of bronze swords.
King's Retinue (standing soldiers)- 5,000
Levy (Reserves, called up in war)- 15,238
Ships- 293, including transport ships
Navy Personnel- 6,258

Known history: The history of Lendenburgh began when a small tribe of hunter-gatherers settled down by the Bay of Lendenburgh, and began a small fishing village which is now the center of Lendenburgher civilization. These first people were quick to develop more advanced ships such as kayaks and canoes, which allowed more fish to be brought in at once. The people soon elected a very skilled seaman as their King, and his line still rules today. After several centuries of fishing the bay, the local population domesticated lettuce and beans, and began farming them in the land's rich clay soil. This lead to a heavy distinction in the economies of the North and south. In the south there were sprawling fields of green crops, while in the north there were villages along the bay and the sea, where large flotillas of fishing vessels could be seen off the shores.

Technology: The technology of Lendenburgh is most advanced in the areas of ship building and nautical navigation. The military technology of Lendenburgh is rather lacking, as they've never had to engage another power in a major war before, and their only real military experience is engaging native tribes that attack, and putting down uprisings. That being said, the construction technology of Lendenburgh is also rather advanced, meaning that larger structures can be constructed in Lendenburgh.

RP sample: Here, here, et here. I have other examples if those aren't up to par or whatever :)

Did you read the rules?: Yes, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow (counting shield as one color :P)

-444, Don´t remove-
Last edited by Lendenburgh on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse