NATION

PASSWORD

Of Artefacts and Antiquities WB Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:10 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Kinky Bastards wrote:I have an idea for both an artefact and a family, with the artefact being linked to the family (although not necessarily in the family's possession anymore). But I must ask, is it possible with a recent bloodline of the Devil himself?

I'm thinking that during the second world war, an SS soldier on the Eastern Front made a deal with the Devil to make sure he survived the war. Thus, his dagger became an item of dark and hellish magic, capable of slaying almost any enemy. Then one night when the soldier was about to freeze to death, the Devil made sure to seal the deal by sending his demon daughter to "warm" him. It was a night the soldier never would forget, especially not with what happened afterwards.

Flash forward to a war-torn Germany in ashes, 1946. A broken veteran tries to build himself some sort of life in the rubble, for some odd reason, even though it seems to be in vain, when a couple of old "friends" decide to pay him a visit. The Devil and his daughter, and they brought company. A child, that they leave to him to raise. A deal is a deal. The bloodline must live on.

Satan could of course be a weakened creature, which partially could explain why he didn't collect the soldier's soul instead. It would also make that even though the bloodline is cursed, not all family members are evil.

Yes and no, will explain when i am more awake

I would allow it to a point but i wasnt wanting there to be any real references or connections to the bible or biblical figures. I would allow a Devil that was once called by that name, but not the actual biblical Devil/Stan if you get my meaning.

That will make for some interesting bloodline powers, possibly they could masquerade as another bloodline due to similar abilities depending. The Artifact i will have to say no to, as a knife that can kill would seem more like somethign connected to a being of death not Satan whose domain is a bit varied.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:37 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Yes and no, will explain when i am more awake

I would allow it to a point but i wasnt wanting there to be any real references or connections to the bible or biblical figures. I would allow a Devil that was once called by that name, but not the actual biblical Devil/Stan if you get my meaning.

That will make for some interesting bloodline powers, possibly they could masquerade as another bloodline due to similar abilities depending. The Artifact i will have to say no to, as a knife that can kill would seem more like somethign connected to a being of death not Satan whose domain is a bit varied.

Ok, maybe not the actual devil, but a demon of high rank often assumed by humans to be the devil? Actually, it doesn't even have to be a "devil" like that, just a demon you can strike a deal with and who has a succubus daughter.

If I change the power of the artefact, would it be allowed in that case? Because I suppose it's not the dagger in itself that you're against, and now I sort of wish to "keep it" if you know what I mean.
Last edited by Kinky Bastards on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Max Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:42 am

Kinky Bastards wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I would allow it to a point but i wasnt wanting there to be any real references or connections to the bible or biblical figures. I would allow a Devil that was once called by that name, but not the actual biblical Devil/Stan if you get my meaning.

Ok, maybe not the actual devil, but a demon of high rank often assumed by humans to be the devil? If I change the power of the artefact, would it be allowed in that case? Because I suppose it's not the dagger in itself that you're against, and now I sort of wish to "keep it" if you know what I mean.

There were actually a lot of people nicknamed "the Devil" in real life. This guy being an example. You could have your family descended from one of those people, but just have them say that they're descended from "the Devil" so that other people think they mean the actual one.
Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44
23 year old Pansexual Swiss Male from Switzerland, loves history, economics and politics

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:47 am

Max empire wrote:
Kinky Bastards wrote:Ok, maybe not the actual devil, but a demon of high rank often assumed by humans to be the devil? If I change the power of the artefact, would it be allowed in that case? Because I suppose it's not the dagger in itself that you're against, and now I sort of wish to "keep it" if you know what I mean.

There were actually a lot of people nicknamed "the Devil" in real life. This guy being an example. You could have your family descended from one of those people, but just have them say that they're descended from "the Devil" so that other people think they mean the actual one.

A good idea, and I think I'll go with a modified version of it and say that the family descends from a "regular" demon. Some members might brag and say that they're literally the spawn of Satan though.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:49 am

I updated the Noapte family history, Shadow
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:52 am

Kinky Bastards wrote:-snip-

What powers would the bloodline have?
i ask as Succubi originated from ancient Greece you could have the Being be a being from ancient greece. Daemons/Demons did exist in Greek mythology as well.

There was a greek spirit of Trickery and deciet you could change slightly, I will allow changes to mythological things, within reason of course.

will check in a it mun.

I will answer any qyuestions or the like in a bit as i will be leaving shortly for an hour or so to do somethig and will be back afterwards.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:52 am

i ask as Succubi originated from ancient Greece you could have the Being be a being from ancient greece. Daemons/Demons did exist in Greek mythology as well.

There was a greek spirit of Trickery and deciet you could change slightly, I will allow changes to mythological things, within reason of course.

will check in a it mun.

I will answer any qyuestions or the like in a bit as i will be leaving shortly for an hour or so to do somethig and will be back afterwards.

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

will check in a it mun.

Depends a little on what the so called wild bloodlines would be allowed to have, but I suppose some fire manipulation, seduction/charm (whatever to call it, like demons and especially succubi typically have (the idea of a succubi ancestor was just one I tossed out, but it seems to work, even if I probably will alter it a little)), and maybe ability to change appearance to something more handsome (this could be a part of seduction/charm or a separate ability), or just naturally be beautiful. The last one isn't absolutely necessary, but I think the first two should be okay?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Kinky Bastards wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:What powers would the bloodline have?

will check in a it mun.

Depends a little on what the so called wild bloodlines would be allowed to have, but I suppose some fire manipulation, seduction/charm (whatever to call it, like demons and especially succubi typically have (the idea of a succubi ancestor was just one I tossed out, but it seems to work, even if I probably will alter it a little)), and maybe ability to change appearance to something more handsome (this could be a part of seduction/charm or a separate ability), or just naturally be beautiful. The last one isn't absolutely necessary, but I think the first two should be okay?

Well i think the changing to be more appealing would be covered by succubi enough. the powers should work.

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:30 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Kinky Bastards wrote:Depends a little on what the so called wild bloodlines would be allowed to have, but I suppose some fire manipulation, seduction/charm (whatever to call it, like demons and especially succubi typically have (the idea of a succubi ancestor was just one I tossed out, but it seems to work, even if I probably will alter it a little)), and maybe ability to change appearance to something more handsome (this could be a part of seduction/charm or a separate ability), or just naturally be beautiful. The last one isn't absolutely necessary, but I think the first two should be okay?

Well i think the changing to be more appealing would be covered by succubi enough. the powers should work.

Ok, thanks! So then all I have to do is change the power of the dagger, and I'm good to go?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Kinky Bastards wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Ok, thanks! So then all I have to do is change the power of the dagger, and I'm good to go?

Possibly, i will have to see the apps for a final judgement, but essentially yes.

Well KB i had some ideas you could perhaps adapt, Are you familiar with the Story of Faust?

So the Devil could be Mephistopheles adn the soldier could have been a descendant of Faust. The Details of the Contract had unexpected side effects on the part of Mephistopheles. It tied him in part to Fausts bloodline, thus why he would be there instead of where most devils and demons stay.

Or the Devil could have been Faust, but changed through the contract and took over for Mephisto.

Or any variations there of, just thought this would be itneresting.

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:04 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Kinky Bastards wrote:Ok, thanks! So then all I have to do is change the power of the dagger, and I'm good to go?

Possibly, i will have to see the apps for a final judgement, but essentially yes.

Well KB i had some ideas you could perhaps adapt, Are you familiar with the Story of Faust?

So the Devil could be Mephistopheles adn the soldier could have been a descendant of Faust. The Details of the Contract had unexpected side effects on the part of Mephistopheles. It tied him in part to Fausts bloodline, thus why he would be there instead of where most devils and demons stay.

Or the Devil could have been Faust, but changed through the contract and took over for Mephisto.

Or any variations there of, just thought this would be itneresting.

I'm not too familiar honestly, but I'll check it out after I've had some sleep.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:53 pm

So should i just make a bunch of little magic tool apps or put up a poll or just put a loose description of common ones in the bit detailing them?

Also i have decided something, possibly, concerning how the ic will work

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Shadowwell wrote:So should i just make a bunch of little magic tool apps or put up a poll or just put a loose description of common ones in the bit detailing them?

I need to get around to writing the Artefact entry for the book the Derleths use, but I think a couple of general artefacts would be good.
Last edited by New Grestin on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:09 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:So should i just make a bunch of little magic tool apps or put up a poll or just put a loose description of common ones in the bit detailing them?

I need to get around to writing the Artefact entry for the book the Derleths use, but I think a couple of general artefacts would be good.

I have ideas, but there are many, so i was hoing to narrow them down somehow.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

The first few.

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Limiting Cuffs: a Set of metal handcuffs created to nullify the ability for the being wearing them to use magic. However they are only as strong as the magic that activated them. Meaning if the being is so much stronger magically than the person who activated the Tool, them they are useless. They were originally created for an English lord to ‘play’ with one of his consorts without her magic killing him. They can also Prevent the Change of Werewolves and other similar beings.

Shock Stick: A simple metal rod that has much the same effect as a Taser, but the voltage can be increased with the more magic that is poured into them. There are two types one type depends on the wielders magic and shocks non magical beings that try to use it, the other has a set amount of magic within and can shoot blasts of electricity at the cost of the energy contained in it. The later while less taxing can only be refilled by a special apparatus or those with the right bloodline.

Elemental Cudgels: Affectionately called Beatsticks by those that first used them. They were created after the Shock Stick, but hold much the same purpose. They act in a similar manner to staffs of most fantasy worlds slightly enhance the users elemental magic, and if the person is powerful enough they can change the shape and appearance of the Cudgel to whatever they prefer. While mass produced the high quality ones are rare to see.

Shifting Brooch: It is a pin or charm like item, rather small but varied in appearance, they allow someone to change their appearance. There are limitations however The new appearance will still have similarities to the original. Additionally the scent and magical signature of the person remain largely the same. There are very few true shape shifters in the world, thus the magic behind the item is flawed. Some versions can allow Non-Humans to change their features only slightly.

I will be adding more and putting up a poll eventually. You guys can make suggestions or TG me ideas just type up a bit like above.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Since magic and magical creatures are a thing, perhaps allow someone to play a creature born from unions of the more inteligent of said creatures.

Also...an character app in case someone wants to be a lone wolf.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:34 pm

Taigawa wrote:Since magic and magical creatures are a thing, perhaps allow someone to play a creature born from unions of the more inteligent of said creatures.

There will be the apps jere are only for Worldbuilding purposes.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Taigawa wrote:Since magic and magical creatures are a thing, perhaps allow someone to play a creature born from unions of the more inteligent of said creatures.

There will be the apps jere are only for Worldbuilding purposes.

Ok. Well looking forward to this.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

Merodin
Senator

Founded: Nov 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Merodin » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:51 am

Ooooh, can always count on Shadow to make up a cool rp! :p

I have some ideas for antiquities that I can write up tomorrow, if that's alright?

One is the armor that Joan d'Arc wore, the "Armor of the Maiden" or something along those lines?, that can only be worn by a maiden. It imbues the wearer with seemingly divine protection and a clairvoyant spirit will reveal itself only to the maiden. However, the spirit will try to convince the girl to follow its own agenda. It might want to purge all sinners, essentially kill off humanity, or wants to eliminate all monsters (vampires, daemons, lycans, etc.). Haven't really hammered it out yet.

Mainly a magical suit of armor that grants the wearer great protection, holy power (exorcists-type magic?), and foresight. The maiden will be gradually manipulated if not strong willed to follow the spirit's own ambitions.

Another antiquity I was thinking of might be Shakespeare's quill or lost manuscript (a blank notebook) that allows you to re-write the destiny of anyone, but at the price of your soul. The object has living inside it three sisters, who feed on the darkened souls of the people who use it. The sisters greatly enjoy witnessing humans cause chaos among themselves and delight in helping those humans with malice in their hearts to wreak havoc amongst their fellow man. They rarely make themselves available to anyone but the blackest of souls. Again, trying to hash out specifics.
Esselman wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:I'm surprised I've kept Skyrim a virgin this long, considering we have Merodin here...

Well damn..

The Ferret Revolution wrote:Merodin never "Just has drinks" with someone.

Novia Soviet Socialist Republic wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:I am not a homo <.<

No you don't understand. Merodin always gets his prey.

Lover/Adventuring Companion- Adantas
Secret Love: Demi
Sexy Warden- Ternitania
Fellow Demon -Corrian
Married to- Valorono

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:10 am

Merodin wrote:Ooooh, can always count on Shadow to make up a cool rp! :p

I have some ideas for antiquities that I can write up tomorrow, if that's alright?

One is the armor that Joan d'Arc wore, the "Armor of the Maiden" or something along those lines?, that can only be worn by a maiden. It imbues the wearer with seemingly divine protection and a clairvoyant spirit will reveal itself only to the maiden. However, the spirit will try to convince the girl to follow its own agenda. It might want to purge all sinners, essentially kill off humanity, or wants to eliminate all monsters (vampires, daemons, lycans, etc.). Haven't really hammered it out yet.

Mainly a magical suit of armor that grants the wearer great protection, holy power (exorcists-type magic?), and foresight. The maiden will be gradually manipulated if not strong willed to follow the spirit's own ambitions.

Another antiquity I was thinking of might be Shakespeare's quill or lost manuscript (a blank notebook) that allows you to re-write the destiny of anyone, but at the price of your soul. The object has living inside it three sisters, who feed on the darkened souls of the people who use it. The sisters greatly enjoy witnessing humans cause chaos among themselves and delight in helping those humans with malice in their hearts to wreak havoc amongst their fellow man. They rarely make themselves available to anyone but the blackest of souls. Again, trying to hash out specifics.

I would prefer most notable historical items associated with historical figures not used, but i will allow it.

The re writing of fate certainly sounds like shakespeare but, the taking of the soul is more like something Poe would have.

The quill could have been the Bard's once, but its nature was changed when Poe got a hold of it, due to what he was, or something.

Or the Quill and Manuscript could have been part of a set, each with minor powers, but the affects are greater when used together, or something.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:30 am

Mun, the app looks better now.

You have any other ideas?

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:20 am

A chance to make my ruling family even more shady? Yeeeesssss
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:41 am

Shadowwell wrote:Mun, the app looks better now.

You have any other ideas?

Not at the moment, but I'm brainstorming a few.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:58 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

So i was thinking that in the Rp, The Museum and the Council rpers will not meet each other to start.

I will rp an event happeneing that will have repercussions or the like that will catch the attention of either group, but in different ways. They will encounter each other eventually over the course of the rp.

Suggestions, comments, thoughts?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse