NATION

PASSWORD

Of Artefacts and Antiquities WB Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vendran
Secretary

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vendran » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:56 pm

very intresting. Tag

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:58 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Aghrabia wrote:Why don't you just outright ban telling normal humans the magical abilities. Unless, for instance, the two people have mated or something.

Have mated or the human already knows, that will work, will edit.

So how about my proposal?
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:05 pm

Aghrabia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Have mated or the human already knows, that will work, will edit.

So how about my proposal?

What proposal?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Vendran
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Vendran » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Major Magical Family App:
Family Name: Dawnbringer
Family Logo/Sigil: Image
Country of Origin: Norway
Family Head:Halfdan Dawnbringer, The North Light
Notable Members: Olafr Danwbringer, recoverer of Gram and Purifier of Kola (Deaceased- 912) Astrid Dawnbringer, The Lady of the Loch.
Family Bloodline: The main Dawnbringer line claims ancestry from a Valkeryie of Odin, though interbreeding through Legacy and Elemental lines have befuddled this. They are most likely elemental with legacy traits, though the more powerful Dawnbringer claim that the Valkeryie was in fact Freyja and that their powers have a divine source.
Family Magic: Most Dawnbringers wield a substance more akin to Fire than Light, but claim it light none the less. It behaves like a flame, but burns much hotter and glows pure white, instead of red and orange. Certain Dawnbringers develop the ability to transform into a sea serpent, due to the intermarrying with a scottish legacy lines centuries ago. Very rare Dawnbringers, like Halfdan, wield the ability to shoot beams of light and wield the light as they will. This is the main proof that their bloodline was originally divine.
Family History: Most Dawnbringers trace their lineage back to Beowulf, the historical one. Though some of the stories are true, It is said that Beowulf fathered a child with Freyja, and left it with friend in Norway. This child is said to be Erik the Light, founder of House Dawnbringer. His descendants would weave in an out of scandanavian power until the rise of Sigurd Ring, whom they pledged allegiance to. When Sidgurd fell, his sword Gram was hidden by his family, which the Dawnbringers where not happy with. They recovered Gram from the non-magicals, hiding it within Castle Dawnbringers cavernous dungeons and striking a permanant distrust between the Non magical royals and the family. The Dawnbringer then withdrew, marrying various other magical families and diluting the power of Freyja, until it reached it's current state. The Dawnbringers have become more active since the reawakening and have devoted themselves to finding Gram from where they hid it centuries ago.
Notable Magics: Divine Light magic, Serpent form, and unseen for 2 centuries the ability to take the form of a Valkeryie.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Aghrabia wrote:So how about my proposal?

What proposal?

In the post above KB's.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:37 pm

About the Grey adn the Stone family beign rivals sure.

i said it near the begining i think, that rivalries are mostly on the dl, as they need to give a united front. They still happen though open hostilities are rare.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Vendran
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Vendran » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:37 pm

WB Artifact App:
Artifact Name: Gram, Sword of the North
Appearance: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... tsword.png (Wont fit in IMG)
Type: Artefact
Mass produced?:
Effect:Can command the cold of the north and makes the wielder much stronger and powerful than normal.
Artifact history: Gram was the blade of Sigurd Ring, Father of Ragnarr Lothbrok, Father of the Vikings. It is said to be forged from the same ingots that Mjolnir was and wielded by a god. However, when the god Frey heard of the blade, and grew jealous on account of his own sword, he cursed it with the powers of cold, making it unsightly in the other gods eyes. Odin then took it to Midgard, where he famously challenged the guests at the wedding of Sigmy to try and remove the blade from a tree. Only Sidgurds father was able to remove the blade. The blade was broken, but then reforged by Sidgurd, who used it to kill the dragon Fafnir. The blade was then passed to his children, before House Dawnbringer stole it and hid it deep within Castle Dawnbringer, never to be seen again.
Country/Mythology of origin: Sweden
Enhance-able: A cold magic wielder can get more use of its weather abilities. House Dawnbringer is said to be able to turn into Fafnir the Dragon while wielding it, but this has never been proven.
Clues: The air around the blade will grow cold when someone approachs it. It is said that one may hear the whispers of Frey through it, should one be able to keep their ear from being frostbitten off when touching the blade.

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:45 pm

Vendran wrote:Major Magical Family App:
Family Logo/Sigil: (Image)
Notable Members: Olafr Danwbringer, recoverer of Gram and Purifier of Kola (Deaceased- 912) Astrid Dawnbringer, The Lady of the Loch.
Family Bloodline: The main Dawnbringer line claims ancestry from a Valkeryie of Odin, though interbreeding through Legacy and Elemental lines have befuddled this. They are most likely elemental with legacy traits, though the more powerful Dawnbringer claim that the Valkeryie was in fact Freyja and that their powers have a divine source.
Family Magic: Most Dawnbringers wield a substance more akin to Fire than Light, but claim it light none the less. It behaves like a flame, but burns much hotter and glows pure white, instead of red and orange. Certain Dawnbringers develop the ability to transform into a sea serpent, due to the intermarrying with a scottish legacy lines centuries ago. Very rare Dawnbringers, like Halfdan, wield the ability to shoot beams of light and wield the light as they will. This is the main proof that their bloodline was originally divine.
Family History: Most Dawnbringers trace their lineage back to Beowulf, the historical one. Though some of the stories are true, It is said that Beowulf fathered a child with Freyja, and left it with friend in Norway. This child is said to be Erik the Light, founder of House Dawnbringer. His descendants would weave in an out of scandanavian power until the rise of Sigurd Ring, whom they pledged allegiance to. When Sidgurd fell, his sword Gram was hidden by his family, which the Dawnbringers where not happy with. They recovered Gram from the non-magicals, hiding it within Castle Dawnbringers cavernous dungeons and striking a permanant distrust between the Non magical royals and the family. The Dawnbringer then withdrew, marrying various other magical families and diluting the power of Freyja, until it reached it's current state. The Dawnbringers have become more active since the reawakening and have devoted themselves to finding Gram from where they hid it centuries ago.
Notable Magics: Divine Light magic, Serpent form, and unseen for 2 centuries the ability to take the form of a Valkeryie.

Dawnbringer is indeed an awesome name, but as a Scandinavian I still feel that the family should have a normal Norwegian surname, for realism's sake. Perhaps Dawnbringer is their "magic" name, and Asbjørnsen (just for example) their "civilian" name?

Vendran
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Vendran » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:47 pm

Kinky Bastards wrote:
Vendran wrote:Major Magical Family App:
Family Logo/Sigil: (Image)

Dawnbringer is indeed an awesome name, but as a Scandinavian I still feel that the family should have a normal Norwegian surname, for realism's sake. Perhaps Dawnbringer is their "magic" name, and Asbjørnsen (just for example) their "civilian" name?

I figured that with all the intermarraige, someone anglicized the name. But to throw in some flair, I only used old norse first name to keep tradition.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Shall I tag?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:54 pm

Vendran wrote:
Kinky Bastards wrote:Dawnbringer is indeed an awesome name, but as a Scandinavian I still feel that the family should have a normal Norwegian surname, for realism's sake. Perhaps Dawnbringer is their "magic" name, and Asbjørnsen (just for example) their "civilian" name?

I figured that with all the intermarraige, someone anglicized the name. But to throw in some flair, I only used old norse first name to keep tradition.

Ok, so it's more like a Nordic-English-Celtic family, then it makes sense (imo the sword looked a bit odd too, but since it was made for gods and not humans I suppose it works).

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Shadowwell wrote:About the Grey and the Stone family being rivals sure.

i said it near the beginning i think, that rivalries are mostly on the dl, as they need to give a united front. They still happen though open hostilities are rare.

Sure. I'm planning on the dividing lines between the branches of the Grey family flaring somewhat (and coupled with a family secret I might reveal later :p )- exactly what you think might happen will happen and the Stones could have a part in that (it isn't destroying the family as such, just replacing the status quo).
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Vendran
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Vendran » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Kinky Bastards wrote:
Vendran wrote:

Ok, so it's more like a Nordic-English-Celtic family, then it makes sense (imo the sword looked a bit odd too, but since it was made for gods and not humans I suppose it works).

The main line is Nordic, with English and Scottish blood in them from marraiges.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:59 pm

Family and artefact are good, Vendran.

The hunt for Gram shall be interesting.

i will add all other families and artifacts to the portions in the OOc not here, and then i will properly open the OOC later today or tomorrow.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Family and artefact are good, Vendran.

The hunt for Gram shall be interesting.

i will add all other families and artifacts to the portions in the OOc not here, and then i will properly open the OOC later today or tomorrow.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:21 pm

on a side note, I'll make the needed edits to the family app likely sometime tomorrow; life has been busy recently.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Lombardia Imperium
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lombardia Imperium » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Vendran, I'm assuming both of our families wouldn't get along well
and would be competing for Scandinavian power?
Last Edited by Joseph Stalin on 22 June, 1941 edited 2 times in total

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:27 pm

OOC is up for my proposed rp of Artefacts and Antiquities

Vendran
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Vendran » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Lombardia Imperium wrote:Vendran, I'm assuming both of our families wouldn't get along well
and would be competing for Scandinavian power?

That would be intresting. Maybe they could fight over Gram as well.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:58 am

Shadowwell wrote:OOC is up for my proposed rp of Artefacts and Antiquities

YES! Expect a post soon.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:28 am

WB Artifact App:
Artifact Name:
Stonehenge
Appearance:
It's Stonehenge
Type:
Artefact
Mass produced?:
No it's a giant stone circle
Effect:
It is a very powerful magic energy conductor and amplifier. When activated it can be used to increase the power of certain types of magic. Ever since its first use it has also been able to help other beings recover magic.
Artifact history:
It was built long ago, and is probably one of the, if not oldest artefact. It was built in a time of darkness, when the demonic being known as Void. Merlin tricked Void to build Stonehenge, telling him that such a design would allow Void to become stronger than anything. So it was built, and finished just before the summer solstice. On the summer solstice it was activated and used to seal Void in Merlin. After that, Merlin left it. Over the years it had been used many times for many different reasons, until magic disappeared. Once magic disappeared it fell into disrepair and became unused. Now with magic returning, Stonehenge is awakening.
Country/Mythology of origin:
England
Enhance-able:
Stonehenge's full power can only be unlocked by Merlin and who ever he trusts with the secret of Stonehenge. That said, anyone can learn how to activate Stonehenge's magic amplification, just not to the level that Merlin can. The restoration of magic that it gives is passive
Clues:
Radiates magic energy, becomes almost a beacon of magic power on the Summer Solstice
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:31 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:WB Artifact App:
Artifact Name:
Stonehenge
Appearance:
It's Stonehenge
Type:
Artefact
Mass produced?:
Effect:
It is a very powerful magic energy conductor and amplifier. When activated it can be used to increase the power of certain types of magic. Ever since its first use it has also been able to help other beings recover magic.
Artifact history:
It was built long ago, and is probably one of the, if not oldest artefact. It was built in a time of darkness, when the demonic being known as Void. Merlin tricked Void to build Stonehenge, telling him that such a design would allow Void to become stronger than anything. So it was built, and finished just before the summer solstice. On the summer solstice it was activated and used to seal Void in Merlin. After that, Merlin left it. Over the years it had been used many times for many different reasons, until magic disappeared. Once magic disappeared it fell into disrepair and became unused. Now with magic returning, Stonehenge is awakening.
England
Enhance-able:
Stonehenge's full power can only be unlocked by Merlin and who ever he trusts with the secret of Stonehenge. That said, anyone can learn how to activate Stonehenge's magic amplification, just not to the level that Merlin can. The restoration of magic that it gives is passive
Clues:
Radiates magic energy, becomes almost a beacon of magic power on the Summer Solstice

Avebury henge is better. :p
As is Callanish stone circle, the ring of Brodgar, and standing stones of Stenness.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:49 am

Nea Videssos wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:WB Artifact App:
Artifact Name:
Stonehenge
Appearance:
It's Stonehenge
Type:
Artefact
Mass produced?:
Effect:
Artifact history:
England
Enhance-able:
Clues:

As is Callanish stone circle, the ring of Brodgar, and standing stones of Stenness.

But none of those have any sort of ties to Merlin.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:11 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:

There's the Merlin Stone at Avebury, so actually, yes. Also Merlin's Stone in Wales, too.

Maybe not the ones in Orkney or the Hebrides, but whatever. There are probably some connections with the Irish (Suibhne mac Colmain) and Scottish (Lailoken) versions of Merlin and assorted sacred sites, trees/forests, etc.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:20 am

Nea Videssos wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

There's the Merlin Stone at Avebury, so actually, yes. Also Merlin's Stone in Wales, too.

Maybe not the ones in Orkney or the Hebrides, but whatever. There are probably some connections with the Irish (Suibhne mac Colmain) and Scottish (Lailoken) versions of Merlin and assorted sacred sites, trees/forests, etc.

I didn't know that. Thank you.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse