NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us: Academy of the Gods (IC|Superhero|AlwaysOpen)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talion Union
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:23 pm

While the kids asked their questions, Dallas walked away, headed for his home away from home- his office. Sliding his card and walking down a flight of stairs, he slid his card at the second door, stepping into his office.

The 'maintenance closet' had a small cluster of TVs in against the wall, sitting on a desk. He sat down and checked all the cameras, making one last check to make sure they were all working perfectly normal.

720p quality, motion tracking, night vision, even audio. He nodded in satisfaction, and found the camera that showed the main door. He watched the crowd from there, ready to switch cameras to track their movements from the main door through the buiding as best as he could. He sat back, setting his hat on the desk in front of him.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:31 pm

“A good question Ms. Trigg’s”

Cohen pulled a phone out of her pocket and began scrolling through it for a second before looking back at the group.

“Your roommate assignments are as follows. Ms. Carew and Ms. Triggs you will be together, as will Mr. Willhelm and Mr. Mason. Mr. Vasarelli and Mr. Ro'Meave will also share a room but unfortunately for the time being Mr. Lescano will have a room to himself. Each room should have most of your belongings and your names on them so I trust you can find where you should be.”

Cohen put her phone away as she turned towards Damian. Her expression was stoic and blank, she didn’t seem phased at all by his appearance. She had seen creatures much less human and much stranger when she had been a vigilante.

“The basement is simply off limits at this point. Their is no reason for any of you to trouble yourself with the off limits areas, their purpose will become clear later but for now you have more important things to focus on.”

She said it in a very succinct manner that clearly meant that was the end of the conversation. Cohen then turned to look at Mateo and gave a very slight smile, it almost imperceptible, but she found the police-boy’s concern amusing.

“Nothing to be concerned about, Mr. Vasarelli. None of you have grievances that made you unable to join this program which is all I care about. We can talk personally about each of your own problems or you can bring it up with our Councillor.”

“Now why don’t you all get settled in and check out your rooms. In 1 hour please meet in the dining room for diner, but until then you are free to roam.”
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:12 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:“A good question Ms. Trigg’s”

Cohen pulled a phone out of her pocket and began scrolling through it for a second before looking back at the group.

“Your roommate assignments are as follows. Ms. Carew and Ms. Triggs you will be together, as will Mr. Willhelm and Mr. Mason. Mr. Vasarelli and Mr. Ro'Meave will also share a room but unfortunately for the time being Mr. Lescano will have a room to himself. Each room should have most of your belongings and your names on them so I trust you can find where you should be.”

Cohen put her phone away as she turned towards Damian. Her expression was stoic and blank, she didn’t seem phased at all by his appearance. She had seen creatures much less human and much stranger when she had been a vigilante.

“The basement is simply off limits at this point. Their is no reason for any of you to trouble yourself with the off limits areas, their purpose will become clear later but for now you have more important things to focus on.”

She said it in a very succinct manner that clearly meant that was the end of the conversation. Cohen then turned to look at Mateo and gave a very slight smile, it almost imperceptible, but she found the police-boy’s concern amusing.

“Nothing to be concerned about, Mr. Vasarelli. None of you have grievances that made you unable to join this program which is all I care about. We can talk personally about each of your own problems or you can bring it up with our Councillor.”

“Now why don’t you all get settled in and check out your rooms. In 1 hour please meet in the dining room for diner, but until then you are free to roam.”

Leon looked over at the guy he would be sharing a room with. He wasn't thrilled, and he wouldn't be no matter who it was. But he was more afraid than anything else. Afraid he would wake up in a room drenched with blood.

He shook the bad thoughts away. All they did was feed the sleeping beast in his head.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:23 pm

Donatello was satisfied with the response, he would be alone in a room, not much of a problem.
"I should probably start doing something"Donatello thought, "I'm bored, maybe some bees will cheer up this place", he said, to himself in his mind.
As Donatello finished planning, 20 bees appeared seemingly out of nowhere, flying out of his shirt, the bees headed towards another student, Mateo was his name.
The bees stayed near the student, without actually landing on him.
Last edited by Ragutsa on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ JUST KIDDING
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄ SPOOKED BY THE SPOOKY SKELETON
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:00 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:“A good question Ms. Trigg’s”

I really wasn't sure about that response.
It was all too vague for me.
I shouldn't have been called here due to my wrongs, so why have I been called? Is it some kind of joke or something?
Maybe Richard heard about the thing and thought it'd be useful to bring me right into it due to me being the youngest?
I dunno, but might as well enjoy it while it's there, the people don't seem too bad.
However I would likely have trouble with boy's band guy over there, if he's going to be sharing a room with me, there is bound to be some grievances already.

Ragutsa wrote:Donatello was satisfied with the response, he would be alone in a room, not much of a problem.
"I should probably start doing something"Donatello thought, "I'm bored, maybe some bees will cheer up this place", he said, to himself in his mind.
As Donatello finished planning, 20 bees appeared seemingly out of nowhere, flying out of his shirt, the bees headed towards another student, Mateo was his name.
The bees stayed near the student, without actually landing on him.

Then, as I looked around, I saw a flock of bees around me, logically, there shouldn't be any, yet there were.
However, I find bees to be rather cute, so while my eyes did go from normal sized, to marble sized, I still jumped away in surprise.

"Bees? Ok, why not, bees are nice."

However, due to my jump, they were now likely to attack me, and that was fairly bad, however, using my power immediately would just result in my exhaustion.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:53 am

"Not the bees!" JJ remarked flippantly, backing away from the swarm slowly, "Hey Bassanio... I think they've mistaken you for a flower. Don't make any sudden movements."

In actual fact, JJ did not believe for a moment that the bees had accidentally found their way in from outside. One she might have believed, but this was too much. One of the others in the group was playing a prank and had chosen Mateo as his (or her) victim for some reason. She wasn't quite sure why - he had some unusual turns of phrase (to be expected from a foreigner) but there was nothing particularly offensive about him (not that she had seen at any rate).

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:24 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:"Not the bees!" JJ remarked flippantly, backing away from the swarm slowly, "Hey Bassanio... I think they've mistaken you for a flower. Don't make any sudden movements."

In actual fact, JJ did not believe for a moment that the bees had accidentally found their way in from outside. One she might have believed, but this was too much. One of the others in the group was playing a prank and had chosen Mateo as his (or her) victim for some reason. She wasn't quite sure why - he had some unusual turns of phrase (to be expected from a foreigner) but there was nothing particularly offensive about him (not that she had seen at any rate).

I chuckled slightly, while still bracing for impact from the bees.

"Don't worry, I am still not channeling my inner Nicholas Cage.
As long as nobody puts something on my head, I should be relatively fine.
After all, they are bees, as long as one doesn't bother them, they should be fine."

I just needed to stay calm, which is what I was currently doing.
Also, she did notice that I had a few similarities with Bassanio, odd how people can simply pinpoint you with a simple look or reference to something as blatantly obvious as Shakespeare play.

I didn't really mind it to be honest, it brought more to her charm.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:06 am

Leon looked in fascination at the bee closest to him. As he did, a snake of Nanites came from under his jacket, curling around his torso and his neck, slowly drifting towards the insect. Within seconds of contact, the Nanites reduced the bee to dust, dispersing and hiding themselves underneath the young man's clothing once again. He frowned, apparently disappointed in his Nanites.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:56 pm

As JJ wandered around the dormitories investigating what the other children were up to Roc made her way to their room and began unloading her things. Like every one of the kids room it was of a medium size, but the fact it was shared by two people made it feel much smaller. They contained a pair of raised beds that had ample space underneath, at the food of the beds were a small desk which a chair, each had a small shelf at the top, and a row of drawers along one side. Across from the desks sat a pair of squat dressers large enough for good amount of cloths but not for anything too large.

Roc was about to fall down onto the bed on the left when she thought about the last time she had shifted her weight without thinking. Dad had been very sore about needing to buy another couch and she was sure the Headmistress would be as well. Delicately she recline on the mattress which actually wasn’t totally uncomfortable. A large duffle bag was nearby as was her backpack and she reached into the see what things her parents had packed for her.

She began pulling various memorabilia out of her bag and placing in the shelf above her desk. Their was a framed picture of herself, her sisters and her adopted parents on a boat somewhere in london as well as roll of photo booth pics she had taken at prom. She carefully pulled out a strong plastic rectangle which contained a first edition “Thunderbird and the Storms #1”, she had been overjoyed when her sister had snagged her a first issue of the comic they made about her right off the press and never let the piece out of her sight.

Once her various nicknacks and trinkets were in place she began to sort through her cloths. Mostly she had a number of faded black jeans covered in holes and tears as well as a number of t-shirts from bands he liked. She had one’s from Nikki Lighting, Trick 78, the Sound and Light Club, Orange Week and of course the Ulthar Cats.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:23 pm

The Bees were actually friendly, flying around and making what could be vaguely called stunts, it was like an air show.
Donatello was satisfied with the response he got from his prank, most students weren't really altered by it.
Talion Union wrote:Leon looked in fascination at the bee closest to him. As he did, a snake of Nanites came from under his jacket, curling around his torso and his neck, slowly drifting towards the insect. Within seconds of contact, the Nanites reduced the bee to dust, dispersing and hiding themselves underneath the young man's clothing once again. He frowned, apparently disappointed in his Nanites.

When one of the bees was turned into dust, the rest quickly retired, landing on Donatello's hair, making a formation similar to an army. Once they landed, Donatello walked towards the student group that used to be the target of the bees, a quick and simple "hello" was said by Donatello.
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:30 pm

Ragutsa wrote:The Bees were actually friendly, flying around and making what could be vaguely called stunts, it was like an air show.
Donatello was satisfied with the response he got from his prank, most students weren't really altered by it.
Talion Union wrote:Leon looked in fascination at the bee closest to him. As he did, a snake of Nanites came from under his jacket, curling around his torso and his neck, slowly drifting towards the insect. Within seconds of contact, the Nanites reduced the bee to dust, dispersing and hiding themselves underneath the young man's clothing once again. He frowned, apparently disappointed in his Nanites.

When one of the bees was turned into dust, the rest quickly retired, landing on Donatello's hair, making a formation similar to an army. Once they landed, Donatello walked towards the student group that used to be the target of the bees, a quick and simple "hello" was said by Donatello.

I waved back with a light smile.

"Nice. Is that your power or something? Controlling bees?
That's a good thing to have around, do you see through their eyes?
That'd make for good recon." I then shook my head, disappointed in myself, only noticing the strategic aspect of it.
I guess spending seven years around the NYMD does mix your vision on certain things.

"Sorry about that, I tend to jump to that immediately.
My name is Mateo Vasarelli, or Il Dottore, if you've ever been in Italy." I introduced myself to the boy, he seemed like a nice person, giving off an actual good vibe unlike most of the other students.
Either way, it was good enough for me to appreciate him.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Ragutsa wrote:The Bees were actually friendly, flying around and making what could be vaguely called stunts, it was like an air show.

Leon didn't say anything in return. He stared ahead, eyes wide and full of terror, though it wasn't clear what he had to be afraid of. He shuffled off towards the building, Nanite tendrils opening the door for him to slip through. He went to his room, which was thankfully empty at the moment, and sat down on his bed. It was a step up from the lab cell he was held in, not that all the testing have him much time for sleep.

He didn't have any belongings to be moved to the room (save for some old clothes he'd been given). He stared up at the ceiling, the Nanites dancing over him in the air like the night sky.

Dallas watched through his security monitors, shaking his head. Whatever it was that those sick bastards did to him, it destroyed whatever personality he might've had. It was like the poor kid was hollowed out; nothing but am empty shell. Or, more appropriately, a mindless engine of destruction....unless they could keep those little robots of his under wraps. The Janitor rolled his chair over to his personal computer, opening up his internal email for the Academy. He sent a message to both the counsellor and the headmistress.

'Possible issues may arise', he wrote, 'one of the students seems devoid of any emotion. I'm certain this is a result of heavy experimentation and mistreatment from whoever he got away from. I'm gonna keep an extra special eye on him, and try to avoid any incidents with the other students.'

He let out a sigh as he signed it (as ' The Janitor', no less). He hit send, and wheeled his chair back over to security cameras, watching the students closely.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:11 pm

Serah wrote:

That'd make for good recon." I then shook my head, disappointed in myself, only noticing the strategic aspect of it.
I guess spending seven years around the NYMD does mix your vision on certain things.

My name is Mateo Vasarelli, or Il Dottore, if you've ever been in Italy." I introduced myself to the boy, he seemed like a nice person, giving off an actual good vibe unlike most of the other students.

"Hello there Mateo" Donatello said in a friendly manner, "nice to meet someone else from Italy, " he said, while the bees waved with their front legs.
"Mind introducing me to the others in the group?".
Another thing that interested Donatello was the guy that killed one of his bees, for some weird reason he seemed to be scared of him, Donatello decided it would be better to interrogate that kid after introducing himself to the others.
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:40 pm

JJ was not too sure about this newcomer... but she wasn't too sure about a lot of the students here. They had come from radically different backgrounds, most of which were probably a lot less pleasant than hers.

"JJ Triggs." he intoduced herself, leaning casually back against the wall, "It's actually 'Jocelyn Jane', but everyone calls me JJ."

She knew someone had to have been controlling the bugs... "I would shake your hand, but I'm a little worried you might have a sleeve full of centipedes." she said with a slight smirk.

Well, now she had seen everyone show some sign of the fact that they were meta-human. Rook and Skeletor were quite obviously different. Mateo had done his lightning trick, Donatello had his bugs, then there was the strange boy with the tentacle that had come from under his shirt. That had been slightly creepy, "Excuse me if I don't show you any tricks. My mutation doesn't kick in unless I'm hurt, which is not an invitation... Anyone keen to take a look around?"

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:03 pm

redacted
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:42 am

Ragutsa wrote:
Serah wrote:

"Hello there Mateo" Donatello said in a friendly manner, "nice to meet someone else from Italy, " he said, while the bees waved with their front legs.
"Mind introducing me to the others in the group?".
Another thing that interested Donatello was the guy that killed one of his bees, for some weird reason he seemed to be scared of him, Donatello decided it would be better to interrogate that kid after introducing himself to the others.

My eyes lit up immediately with excitement.

"Ooooh! Sei Italiano? Molto bene! Voglio parlare l'Italiano ovvero l'Inglese? O va bene per me.
Non pensavo che avrei incrontrato un Italiano in Inghilterra." I shook my head again, turning down my excitement.

"Scusi. I tend to get worked up since I don't meet many Italians where I usually go."

Dyelli Beybi wrote:JJ was not too sure about this newcomer... but she wasn't too sure about a lot of the students here. They had come from radically different backgrounds, most of which were probably a lot less pleasant than hers.

"JJ Triggs." he intoduced herself, leaning casually back against the wall, "It's actually 'Jocelyn Jane', but everyone calls me JJ."

She knew someone had to have been controlling the bugs... "I would shake your hand, but I'm a little worried you might have a sleeve full of centipedes." she said with a slight smirk.

Well, now she had seen everyone show some sign of the fact that they were meta-human. Rook and Skeletor were quite obviously different. Mateo had done his lightning trick, Donatello had his bugs, then there was the strange boy with the tentacle that had come from under his shirt. That had been slightly creepy, "Excuse me if I don't show you any tricks. My mutation doesn't kick in unless I'm hurt, which is not an invitation... Anyone keen to take a look around?"

"So, you're saying your power is some form of regenerative factor?
As for your offer, I'll gladly take you up on it.
Also, as for my power, I'd say you need to know about it, it's electrokinesis, in a range of about three meters.
But I'm running on low battery for now, so I'm trying not to use it too much.
It's a bit hard, since I tend to use it for just about everything, including movement."

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Eventually Roc finished her unpacking her clothes and personal possessions and began to roam through the halls taking a look at the other kids and soaking in the area that would be her new home in the upcoming months. Wandering over to the section of the hallway where the rest of the group was stand and watched quietly. She had changed into a nicer looking two layer shirt the kind which she would never buy, but which she was always happy her mother did. It made her look less like a problem child which she got the feeling would help her get on the Headmistress’s good side.

She watched the group as bees buzzed by and powers got exchanged. “Sup” she said casually as she lean on a nearby wall. “I got my stuff laid out JJ, let me know if any of it’s in your way. Head’s up the beds aren’t terrible.” She was actually happy about her room pairing, she was happy that she didn’t have to worry as much about breaking another person she lived with. Someone who could regenerate would probably be less angry if someone went wrong.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Serah wrote:"So, you're saying your power is some form of regenerative factor?
Also, as for my power, I'd say you need to know about it, it's electrokinesis, in a range of about three meters.
It's a bit hard, since I tend to use it for just about everything, including movement."

"My offer?" JJ raised an eyebrow, "I hope you didn't take what I just said as a desire to test my powers... because I don't. Yes, I regenerate, but it still hurts when stuff happens... so don't try anything."

She paused, then pushed off the wall, taking a surreptitious glance around to make sure she was out of earshot of any of the staff. She stepped closer to the others, lowering her voice, "So... you curious about what is in the basement. I still think it's a three headed dog."

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Serah wrote:"So, you're saying your power is some form of regenerative factor?

"My offer?" JJ raised an eyebrow, "I hope you didn't take what I just said as a desire to test my powers... because I don't. Yes, I regenerate, but it still hurts when stuff happens... so don't try anything."

She paused, then pushed off the wall, taking a surreptitious glance around to make sure she was out of earshot of any of the staff. She stepped closer to the others, lowering her voice, "So... you curious about what is in the basement. I still think it's a three headed dog."

Chuckling a bit, I answered.

"No, no. I meant take you up on your offer to look around.
As for the basement... Well, I wouldn't be surprised by a three headed dog.
Actually, there is very little I would be surprised about, living seven years with an almost completely Meta filled police force does tweak your way of seeing certain things.
Such as monsters for instance.
Personally, I don't really have any idea as to what is in it, for the same reason that nothing would surprise me.
However, I'd rather not yet go there, it seems it'll be revealed in time.
Then again, if she truly wanted to keep us out of it, the headmistress would've told us, however, I don't want to be on bad terms with anyone here, especially the staff."

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:07 pm

"Okay, three headed dog lovers, I have to go prepare my room up before I go to the dining room, see you in a bit".
Donatello proceeded to go into his room, since he would have most of the space for himself, preparing the room wouldn't be much of a problem. Sometime later, the room had everything Donatello needed, with some insect biology books in a shelf, this was accompanied by some football trinkets, like a mug and a scarf, which were placed on the desk below, after Donatello was satisfied with the room, he headed towards the dining room.
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Ragutsa wrote:-snip-

Damian inhaled, "Yeah, what he said. The seams on this bag are starting to go, so I'll see you all at dinner." He turned away when he remembered that he never actually gave any of them his name, "Name's Damian by the way, sorry for not mentioning it earlier." With a nod he went off to his room to unpack, as he entered the room, he spotted a few cases of his things that both he and his mother packed, like his bagpipes, and his unicycle, as well as the dozen or so medals from the various martial arts championships he participated in. Of course clothes were in there as well, but they were just normal clothes, nothing of too much note.

Within his duffel bag were a few things of note, like a fish bat... How he managed to get that past security was beyond him, but hey, not his problem. On top of that were a few dozen books on several different forms of both armed, and unarmed combat that he bought, just so he'd have something to do at the castle in his off time... He knew he had his laptop somewhere in his stuff but he wasn't going to sort through it now of all times. He simply opened the cases to get a general gist of what was in which case. He took out the things he'd be needing in the next few hours and laid them out on his bed, before heading down to the dining room.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Leon watched as the first of the others came into the dining room. He had been the first one there, the idea of food he didn't have to steal more than enough reason for him to show up.

Dallas shut the door leading downstairs behind him with a loud click. He stretched his arms, and adjusted the navy blue hat on his head. He was heading towards the dining room to get his plate of food before he made his nightly rounds.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:39 pm

JJ looked disappointed that nobody had wanted to get up to any form of mischief. She didn't really understand these students... "Oh well, I suppose I should do the same. I really was hoping someone would want to take a look in the basement... I'll see you around Mateo."

She set off towards her room, pausing at the entrance to take it in, "Wow, so we're at a real English boarding school. I'm disappointed there isn't a uniform, I thought that was pretty much a rule for English boarding schools and like I said before, I reckon I'd look good in a plaid skirt."

She tossed her bag down onto the bed that Roc hadn't taken, unzipped it and started unpacking things. There were quite a few photos of friends and family that she blue tacked to the wall, though overall she was a fairly light traveller for a teenage girl - some cosmetics, a jumble of clothes, her photos and a cellphone. There was also a soccer ball and some boots though those got shoved away under the bed fairly quickly, "I'm disappointed in our student body, for people with a whole lot of extraordinary powers they are rather timid." she commented as she unpacked, though she did not go into specifics of exactly what she had been trying to convince them to do.

"On... and in other news, Skeletor's real name is Damian and there is another Italian called Donatello who controls bugs,so if you find a cockroach in your sock drawer it was probably his doing."

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:31 am

So she thinks she'll look good in a plaid skirt?
Hm...
I can sew, so I guess I could make that happen, I'll just have to ask for some fabric or buy some.
Ideally, I'd prefer asking from Italy simply for quality, we're not making it out of wool.

Although I may check the basement on my own, I can protect myself, but I don't know about the rest of those people.
May warn JJ if I ever want to get on it.
Not for now though, especially not so close to dinner time.

After a few minutes of personal pondering, I got to my room.
Oddly enough, only my stuff was around for now, either the guy sharing didn't need much, or he left, which may be possible.
Either way, I wasn't going to intrude on his space, simply to not make an enemy of him.
My stuff didn't consist of much, mostly my coin pouch, shampoo and soap in general, some batteries just in case, all of them being reusable for convenience's sake, and several change of clothes, most of them being the same that I currently wore and others changing a little bit.
I had formal clothing, my casual wear, and a few other types of clothing just in case I wanted to change a bit, it wasn't much, but it would do, and to be honest, I didn't need anything else really.
I didn't have any weapon for now, it would probably come in later on, if I ever needed one.
All of this totaled to a measly three cases and two handbags.

I was fairly proud of myself, being able to take only that much was somewhat entertaining back home.
Oh well, it was likely I would stay for a few months, maybe a semester, unless something big happened, I would be warned either way.
Hopefully nothing would happen at all.

As I stepped outside, I had two batteries in my hands.
Looking at my phone, I looked at the charge, 15%.
A bit low, for some reason it always conveyed my remaining electricity with pinpoint accuracy.
Even when I 'ate' batteries.
More handy than I thought, maybe the battery is supplied by me? That may be why it never goes down at all even when I play something on it.

The batteries I had in my hands weren't that big, nor really powerful to be honest.
They were the big ones you'd use in Physics class when the teacher told you to make an electrical current.
No idea why that idea made me laugh so much when I was a kid, maybe it was because I was the battery in that case.
4.5V weren't much, but it worked just like a snack, it kept me up for a moment, and in critical moments, it was better than simply having nothing on hand, even though I'd prefer something bigger.
I had a 9V too, this one wasn't as big, but it did the job of being a light meal.
Feeding on electricity cut down on my appetite, by a lot.
That probably may be why I am so thin despite feeling like eating a lot.
Either way, batteries weren't good for me, both for my health, and for practical purposes.
But for now, it'd do.

As I went for dinner, I wondered if I could make a portable battery, something that would exhibit higher power, while still being concealable.
My mind jumped from idea to idea as I made my way towards the dinner room.
I've been told that there is a lot of rain in Britain, maybe I could use this to my advantage to catch lightning bolts.
Last time I took one, I was so powered up that my range was boosted from three to five meters, also I could exhibit power much higher than I usually could.
For instance, I managed to use a perfect emitter receptor with Carly.
That was absolutely brutal, but really, I couldn't control my electricity by that point.
Sure it stood at the maximum of five meters, but it was way too powerful for me to handle, in time it would've consumed me, had I not fired.
I think the people around Houston remember that, I did eliminate a Tornado using that.
Then I was in the hospital for a month, bad decisions.
Then again I wasn't planning for a thunderstorm in Houston.
Oh well, may it'll happen, maybe not, I should keep some rubber around, just in case I need to discharge.
I think when I took the lightning bolt I was at 1000%, but to be honest, I don't know.
My phone only goes up to a 120% last I checked, I'd say that if I go over 200% I'm already in a bad spot, I should discharge whenever I'm over 100%.

Now that I was at the dinner table, I sat down, my two batteries in front of me.
Given my 100% is 100 kV, it wouldn't give me much to go on.
Maybe it'd give me one or two percent- Wait no, not even, each time I age, it gets higher too, I hope it goes down after a certain point.
Sigh, why must my limit be so high... Then again, once I reach 1% or zero even, I'm basically fried, nothing to go on, I'd probably collapse on the spot.
Then again, my usual discharge is fairly low, I think, maybe half a percent of my general electricity.
Not that high, but it leaves at the speed of sound when you're not careful.
I had to refrain on using my electricity for now, just to avoid being sent to a hospital.
Even so, they wouldn't know what's happening, plus they'd need to literally plug me in the city's electrical system.
Makes me think though, I should get something that'd multiply my electric discharge so I could 'eat' it afterwards.
Though I should be fine if I just catch static electricity around me.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:32 am

Roc rolled her neck and shoulder pent up from such a long bus ride in such an uncomfortable position and moved to a sit on her bed while she watched JJ unpack her things. A loud creak issued from the bed as her superhuman density and overwrought muscles placed strain on the precarious wood. Back at home, her father had worked out a way to place a sheet of steel underneath her mattress that prevent her bed from bending too badly. She might have to mention that to the janitor the next time she saw him.

“Yeah, I bet you could totally make plaid work. I’m happy, though, my last school had a dress code and that didn’t end we’ll for anyone. Still, this place doesn't feel entirely English, the Headmistress sounded a tad bit nordic or maybe german? I lived in London most of my life so I can’t really tell. I don’t blame the others for being skittish. That one kid says he was part of the police so I bet he’s as stuck up and pretentious as any cop. I feel bad for the Damian kid but I bet I can guess exactly how hard things were looking like that. They're also the quiet one and the bug guy who might just be shy. Honestly, I’m happy we got put together, you seem a lot more interesting than any of those boy’s.”

Once JJ was done unpacking her things Roc began to walk downstairs toward the dining room and beckoned for her her roommate to join her “Anyway I heard you all talking about the off-limits room. The basement seems suspect certainly but so does that room in the entrance room. I mean we were told to stay out of the basement but that was almost as an afterthought. The side room is the one that actually has a chain with a lock on it,” Roc pointed out as they walked into the dining room and took their seats with the others.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse