NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us: Academy of the Gods (IC|Superhero|AlwaysOpen)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talion Union
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:34 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:Roc snicked supportively as Damian described the events that had led to him joining their group. She didn’t find it silly or humorous, but it sounded like the sort of a good time that would have gotten her in trouble. She usually found however that a ski mask and a quick flight were enough to get her away from anyone who wanted to arrest her, or worse.

When Mateo started asking questions about the recent events in New York she coughed a little bit on her cigarette.

“I got to watch a little of the event on television before coming here. Looked like some crazy terrorist guy with a screw loose and a grudge against Meta’s detonated a nasty virus. The police and the Knights seemed to get it under control but I think there were a couple of casualties before they finalized a cure or something. I don’t think anyone important died, however.”

The bus crunched to a halt as it finally crested the hill and pulled up to the Talbot Manor and a voice sounded over the intercom. It was followed by a large click as the sheet metal obscuring the driver and the front door slid open to reveal a set of clear windows looking at a large baroque manner and glow tape leading to an open door.

“Alright now. Calmly and without any trouble exit the bus and stand it in a line against the left side.”

Dallas met the students outside.

It seemed he took his position as 'janitor' literally, wearing a navy blue boiler suit, with a hat to match.

"It's my pleasure to welcome you all to the Academy." Dallas offered a warm smile and a firm handshake to the passing students.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:01 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:“Alright now. Calmly and without any trouble exit the bus and stand it in a line against the left side.”

Damian grabbed the single duffel he brought with him, he swallowed nervously, for one, the asked them to line up, presumably against the bus. Everyone else on the bus slowly did similar actions. Likely just as apprehensive as him. "Why do I have the feeling we're gonna have yellow stars stitched to our clothes?"

Outside the bus stood Teddy, keeping track of faces that were required to be here, he garnered a few odd stares from some of the new students, but otherwise things were going smoothly.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:17 pm

As Leon passed by, Dallas nodded. He looked a lot better than when he found him. "Good to see ya with us, son." He tipped his hat towards the young man. "The Headmistress will be here soon enough, she'll give y'all the rundown."
Last edited by Talion Union on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Serah wrote:My heart sunk, my face did as well.

"The thing is, I can't. We use a telepath to monitor our conversations, but the thing is, if that virus does affect only meta humans, there's a high likeliness that she was hit as well, hence why I never got the memo.
I hope everyone is alright, because if that's the case and if my Boss has it as well or is in a state that prevents him from handling his job, then that means I'm in charge until he comes back.
Normally, I should've gotten a call, at least one, yet I haven't. I'd like to think that NYMD is fine on its own, but given how many people are metas over there... I don't know if I should worry."

I shook my head to wake myself up a bit, just so the negative feelings could be at least hidden until I was alone.

"I'll just wait I guess. No use being anxious over it for now, after all, it's not like we don't have anybody around either." It was however fairly clear that I was worrying, I was tapping my finger frantically in reflex against one of my masks.

It was time to change the subject anyway, no point in telling them the entire story of my life.

"Anyway, given what you guys did, I'd say I'm pretty tame.
I mean, sure it was an electric power plant, but it wasn't all bad, was it?"

"Don't you have a phone line for, you know, normal people?" JJ asked, looking a little puzzled, "If not you can probably ring the normal police or someone like that and they'll be able to find out for you. There will be a way we can find out, then you don't need to worry anymore."

Anowa wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:“Alright now. Calmly and without any trouble exit the bus and stand it in a line against the left side.”

Damian grabbed the single duffel he brought with him, he swallowed nervously, for one, the asked them to line up, presumably against the bus. Everyone else on the bus slowly did similar actions. Likely just as apprehensive as him. "Why do I have the feeling we're gonna have yellow stars stitched to our clothes?"

Outside the bus stood Teddy, keeping track of faces that were required to be here, he garnered a few odd stares from some of the new students, but otherwise things were going smoothly.

"I'm getting that same impression." JJ muttered, grabbing her bag, "Either that or you did get sent to County and I'm on the wrong bus." she added with a slightly nervous laugh.

She got out, shaking the Janitor's hand with a slightly confused look on her face before joining the line to he left of the bus, half expecting some crazy drill Sergeant to emerge and start yelling at her... or someone to shoot her just to check she was the right person...

Talion Union wrote:As Leon passed by, Dallas nodded. He looked a lot better than when he found him. "Good to see ya with us, son." He tipped his hat towards the young man. This time, he spoke up louder than before. "If you'll all follow me, I'll show you around the building, and explain the rules to you all." He started off towards the building, Leon following behind with his hands crammed in his pockets.

JJ darted a confused look at the others, then shrugged. One moment they were being herded off the bus like dangerous criminals, then everything seemed normal again, "Err yes Sir. Do we have a uniform here? I've always thought I'd look good in a plaid skirt." she babbled nervously, "Also, what's the point of this Academy, are we getting normal lessons or are you trying to turn us into Government-controlled killing machines because I don't think I'd do so good at the killing machine bit, though if its a choice between that and being used as something like a live-fire target for weapon testing I'll take the first option."

JJ would usually have controlled the urge to nervously chatter, but at the moment the janitorial gentleman's reaction would help her to figure out where the Academy was on the spectrum of establishments (from maximum security prison to lovely private school).
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

"The thing is, I can't. We use a telepath to monitor our conversations, but the thing is, if that virus does affect only meta humans, there's a high likeliness that she was hit as well, hence why I never got the memo.
I hope everyone is alright, because if that's the case and if my Boss has it as well or is in a state that prevents him from handling his job, then that means I'm in charge until he comes back.
Normally, I should've gotten a call, at least one, yet I haven't. I'd like to think that NYMD is fine on its own, but given how many people are metas over there... I don't know if I should worry."

I shook my head to wake myself up a bit, just so the negative feelings could be at least hidden until I was alone.

"I'll just wait I guess. No use being anxious over it for now, after all, it's not like we don't have anybody around either." It was however fairly clear that I was worrying, I was tapping my finger frantically in reflex against one of my masks.

It was time to change the subject anyway, no point in telling them the entire story of my life.

"Don't you have a phone line for, you know, normal people?" JJ asked, looking a little puzzled, "If not you can probably ring the normal police or someone like that and they'll be able to find out for you. There will be a way we can find out, then you don't need to worry anymore."

Anowa wrote:Damian grabbed the single duffel he brought with him, he swallowed nervously, for one, the asked them to line up, presumably against the bus. Everyone else on the bus slowly did similar actions. Likely just as apprehensive as him. "Why do I have the feeling we're gonna have yellow stars stitched to our clothes?"

"I'm getting that same impression." JJ muttered, grabbing her bag, "Either that or you did get sent to County and I'm on the wrong bus." she added with a slightly nervous laugh.

She got out, shaking the Janitor's hand with a slightly confused look on her face before joining the line to he left of the bus, half expecting some crazy drill Sergeant to emerge and start yelling at her... or someone to shoot her just to check she was the right person...

Talion Union wrote:As Leon passed by, Dallas nodded. He looked a lot better than when he found him. "Good to see ya with us, son." He tipped his hat towards the young man. This time, he spoke up louder than before. "If you'll all follow me, I'll show you around the building, and explain the rules to you all." He started off towards the building, Leon following behind with his hands crammed in his pockets.

JJ darted a confused look at the others, then shrugged. One moment they were being herded off the bus like dangerous criminals, then everything seemed normal again, "Err yes Sir. Do we have a uniform here? I've always thought I'd look good in a plaid skirt." she babbled nervously, "Also, what's the point of this Academy, are we getting normal lessons or are you trying to turn us into Government-controlled killing machines because I don't think I'd do so good at the killing machine bit, though if its a choice between that and being used as something like a live-fire target for weapon testing I'll take the first option."

JJ would usually have controlled the urge to nervously chatter, but at the moment the janitorial gentleman's reaction would help her to figure out where the Academy was on the spectrum of establishments (from maximum security prison to lovely private school).

"Well, if you came here to be a deniable asset, you came to the wrong place." The Janitor gave a friendly smile. "We're here to help you learn how to go through your daily lives without leveling the city in the process. Not only that, we're gonna help you kids with your academics too." He kept up his friendly appearance. They didn't need to know his role here just yet. "Feel free to ask me anything you want, though if I'm honest, I'm kinda new here myself."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:06 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Anowa wrote:Damian grabbed the single duffel he brought with him, he swallowed nervously, for one, the asked them to line up, presumably against the bus. Everyone else on the bus slowly did similar actions. Likely just as apprehensive as him. "Why do I have the feeling we're gonna have yellow stars stitched to our clothes?"

Before the door to the bus opened, I could only respond one thing.

"Well, I do, but that's only to contact said telepath, otherwise, nothing, they can contact me at leisure though."
Then they did open.

I was slightly taken aback by the look of the place, it was fancy, but not too much so that it'd stand out too much.
The Janitor seemed nice as well.
However, my opinion wasn't yet set, I may dislike them in the future.
Then again, assuming I don't get wrapped in bullshittery, I should be fine.

I started to follow the Janitor, it didn't seem that bad.
Although it did seem to be mostly a school, and a pretty regular one at that.
Not that I minded.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:15 pm

Talion Union wrote:"Well, if you came here to be a deniable asset, you came to the wrong place." The Janitor gave a friendly smile. "We're here to help you learn how to go through your daily lives without leveling the city in the process. Not only that, we're gonna help you kids with your academics too." He kept up his friendly appearance. They didn't need to know his role here just yet. "Feel free to ask me anything you want, though if I'm honest, I'm kinda new here myself."

"I don't want to be a deniable asset." JJ replied, quite earnestly, "I think I would end up being denied pretty quickly. Also, I don't think I could level a city, even if I wanted to. I'm sure you have read up on us... my only ability is the ability to get hurt really badly and not dying. So anything you could teach me about avoiding the first part would be greatly appreciated."

She paused, before adding quite seriously, "I guess I'd like to learn some self-defense. I'm not so stupid that I haven't realised that my abilities could be useful to a variety of people who don't have my best interests at heart and if someone tries to grab me I'd like to at least have an even chance of getting away."

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:"Well, if you came here to be a deniable asset, you came to the wrong place." The Janitor gave a friendly smile. "We're here to help you learn how to go through your daily lives without leveling the city in the process. Not only that, we're gonna help you kids with your academics too." He kept up his friendly appearance. They didn't need to know his role here just yet. "Feel free to ask me anything you want, though if I'm honest, I'm kinda new here myself."

"I don't want to be a deniable asset." JJ replied, quite earnestly, "I think I would end up being denied pretty quickly. Also, I don't think I could level a city, even if I wanted to. I'm sure you have read up on us... my only ability is the ability to get hurt really badly and not dying. So anything you could teach me about avoiding the first part would be greatly appreciated."

She paused, before adding quite seriously, "I guess I'd like to learn some self-defense. I'm not so stupid that I haven't realised that my abilities could be useful to a variety of people who don't have my best interests at heart and if someone tries to grab me I'd like to at least have an even chance of getting away."

"Well, I'm pretty good at not getting hurt. Well, I used to be at least. Maybe I can teach you kids a few things. For self-defense, of course." The Janitor adjusted his hat, which felt a size too big for him. "Now, you'll be kept to the Academy, and won't be able to leave without the permission of the staff. Don't try to wander off, now. Ain't safe out there by yerself. You kids understand that, right?"
Last edited by Talion Union on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Talion Union wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

"Well, I'm pretty good at not getting hurt. Well, I used to be at least. Maybe I can teach you kids a few things. For self-defense, of course." The Janitor kept walking ahead. Showing them around the campus grounds. "Now, you'll be kept to the Academy, and won't be able to leave without the permission of the staff. Don't try to wander off, now. Ain't safe out there by yerself. You kids understand that, right?"

Damian chuckled, "So if we leave we get shot by the security bot over here?" He hiked his thumb to the back of the group where Teddy continued to monitor the teens.

His robotic eyes bored a hole into the back of Damian's skeletal head, Damian looked at the presidential robot as he spoke, "I'm no mere security bot, son. I'm Theodore Roosevelt, and I'll still beat you silly if you try to run."

Damian's hand lowered and he turned his attention back to the tour guide. "So are we getting dorms or are we getting black triangles for our clothes soon?"
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:21 pm

Talion Union wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

"Well, I'm pretty good at not getting hurt. Well, I used to be at least. Maybe I can teach you kids a few things. For self-defense, of course." The Janitor kept walking ahead. Showing them around the campus grounds. "Now, you'll be kept to the Academy, and won't be able to leave without the permission of the staff. Don't try to wander off, now. Ain't safe out there by yerself. You kids understand that, right?"

... No leaving unless express permission is issued?
That was unfortunate, it probably meant we basically had no leeway outside of the campus.
Which made my search for a power plant that much harder.
I actually wasn't hungry, or at least I didn't need electricity for now.

The currents could wait, however, batteries could only last so long before considered a snack by my body and not nourishing me anymore.
Then again, car batteries were big.
Though I'd rather not feed on the electrical current of the school.
It'd just be unethical for me to do so.

"What if we need a certain thing that we can only get in town?
Do we still need staff permission? I'd fit the bill for that, given the nature of my powers."

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Serah wrote:
Talion Union wrote:

That was unfortunate, it probably meant we basically had no leeway outside of the campus.

The currents could wait, however, batteries could only last so long before considered a snack by my body and not nourishing me anymore.

Do we still need staff permission? I'd fit the bill for that, given the nature of my powers."

"What is it ya need? I take it whatever it is, you gotta have it ta keep tickin', right? Well, in that case, I'd prolly have ta run ya down there myself, until I could work something out here. It'd be a real hassle to go inta town all the time."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Talion Union wrote:
Serah wrote:

"What is it ya need? I take it whatever it is, you gotta have it ta keep tickin', right? Well, in that case, I'd prolly have ta run ya down there myself, until I could work something out here. It'd be a real hassle to go inta town all the time."

Should I explain immediately?
Likely.

"Well, I'd need something... Electrical related. I need to consume electrical currents every once in a while and it happens fairly erratically, although if I want to keep using my powers, I need to have that around.
Regular batteries work, but are basically snacks to me, they don't hold for long, that's why I'd need something bigger and ideally that could be around for a while.
I find it rather unethical to just go and 'feed' on the electrical current of the academy."

Hopefully, I was clear enough, I hope I didn't come out as too needy, I'd hate that.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Serah wrote:
Talion Union wrote:

Likely.

"Well, I'd need something... Electrical related. I need to consume electrical currents every once in a while and it happens fairly erratically, although if I want to keep using my powers, I need to have that around.
Regular batteries work, but are basically snacks to me, they don't hold for long, that's why I'd need something bigger and ideally that could be around for a while.
I find it rather unethical to just go and 'feed' on the electrical current of the academy."

Hopefully, I was clear enough, I hope I didn't come out as too needy, I'd hate that.

The grizzled Janitor stroked his chin in thought. "Well....I suppose I could head out ta the shed, see if I can wrangle up a spare car battery." He nodded his head, his eyes still up at the ceiling. "Worst comes to worst, I'll run ya inta town myself." He kept up his friendly appearance. "I'll bring it ta yer room later in."

He figured he could rig something up over the next few days. Maybe put her room off the main power grid? He'd think of something. It was his job to figure things out.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Talion Union wrote:
Serah wrote:
Likely.

The grizzled Janitor stroked his chin in thought. "Well....I suppose I could head out ta the shed, see if I can wrangle up a spare car battery." He nodded his head, his eyes still up at the ceiling. "Worst comes to worst, I'll run ya inta town myself." He kept up his friendly appearance. "I'll bring it ta yer room later in."

He figured he could rig something up over the next few days. Maybe put her room off the main power grid? He'd think of something. It was his job to figure things out.

I smiled back at the man.

"Thank you sir." Well, I wasn't going to flip either.
I was eventually going to get my electrical stuff along the way.
I couldn't bring them due to customs, but now, I could just mail it if needed, although I'll wait, just in case what he does is actually better.

For now though, the janitor seemed like a nice person, I'd say that as long as you don't get on his bad side, it should be fine.
He probably wasn't thinking of me as an adult either way, so it was better not to make too many enemies, especially not the staff.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:17 pm

-----Talbot Manor-----

Roc made her way slowly out of the bus, her wings were folded tightly to her back as she tensed up feeling just as JJ and Damian did that something bad was about to happen. Her wings slowed her down however as she jumped into each of the chairs along the way and because of this, she was the last one of them to get off the bus. When she did she tossed her cigarette a few feet from Dallas’s toes where it smoked for a second before fizzling out in the wet grass.

Simply she held out her hand in what anyone would have called a bad example of a handshake. But it was really the only way she could have done it. As soon as Dallas’s hand closed around her’s he felt the iron tight strength of her skin and muscles even in her limp hand. If she had shook or squeezed she probably would have broken his fingers.

As Roc took her place against the bus with the rest of the students there was a loud sound as the doors of the manor creaked open. The sound alone spoke of how old the three-story building was, a long creek from almost a century of history. The hard sound of shoes echoed on the porch as the shape of a medium sized woman appeared and began walking towards the children.

Her face was permanently locked into a very hard expression and her eyes bore into the children making more than one of them sweat on this cold day. She wore a well kept, entirely white two piece suit with the coat draped over her shoulder. She sauntered like a military officer about to yell a derogatory slur at the new recruits. Instead, she spoke very calmly with a smooth almost attractive voice.

“It’s good to see you all. Welcome to the village of Exham and the Talbot Educational Program. I’m sure more than a few of you are concerned about a lot of things. Is this going to be a fun program? Am I in some sort of trouble? Do we have internet? Is the food good?.”

She paused for a moment switching her coat to her other hand.

“The answer to all of these is yes. You are here because you are all at that time in your life when your body in changing, you’re becoming more socially aware and you're starting to realize you don't have the answers to all of life's problems. On its own that can lead to drug addiction, depression, or even self-harm. The difference for you, however, is many of you have powers or a physiology that could cause serious damage to yourself and other on a much larger scale than any mere human. The truth of the matter is you are all special. I’m not saying that is a good or a bad thing, but it a fact that you have to come to terms with.”

“But I don’t want any of your to worry too much. This is not a military academy. This is not a concentration camp. This is not jail. This is a facility designed specifically with your health and wellbeing in mind. Any questions before we begin our tour.”
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
-----Talbot Manor-----

Roc made her way slowly out of the bus, her wings were folded tightly to her back as she tensed up feeling just as JJ and Damian did that something bad was about to happen. Her wings slowed her down however as she jumped into each of the chairs along the way and because of this, she was the last one of them to get off the bus. When she did she tossed her cigarette a few feet from Dallas’s toes where it smoked for a second before fizzling out in the wet grass.

Simply she held out her hand in what anyone would have called a bad example of a handshake. But it was really the only way she could have done it. As soon as Dallas’s hand closed around her’s he felt the iron tight strength of her skin and muscles even in her limp hand. If she had shook or squeezed she probably would have broken his fingers.

As Roc took her place against the bus with the rest of the students there was a loud sound as the doors of the manor creaked open. The sound alone spoke of how old the three-story building was, a long creek from almost a century of history. The hard sound of shoes echoed on the porch as the shape of a medium sized woman appeared and began walking towards the children.

Her face was permanently locked into a very hard expression and her eyes bore into the children making more than one of them sweat on this cold day. She wore a well kept, entirely white two piece suit with the coat draped over her shoulder. She sauntered like a military officer about to yell a derogatory slur at the new recruits. Instead, she spoke very calmly with a smooth almost attractive voice.

“It’s good to see you all. Welcome to the village of Exham and the Talbot Educational Program. I’m sure more than a few of you are concerned about a lot of things. Is this going to be a fun program? Am I in some sort of trouble? Do we have internet? Is the food good?.”

She paused for a moment switching her coat to her other hand.

“The answer to all of these is yes. You are here because you are all at that time in your life when your body in changing, you’re becoming more socially aware and you're starting to realize you don't have the answers to all of life's problems. On its own that can lead to drug addiction, depression, or even self-harm. The difference for you, however, is many of you have powers or a physiology that could cause serious damage to yourself and other on a much larger scale than any mere human. The truth of the matter is you are all special. I’m not saying that is a good or a bad thing, but it a fact that you have to come to terms with.”

“But I don’t want any of your to worry too much. This is not a military academy. This is not a concentration camp. This is not jail. This is a facility designed specifically with your health and wellbeing in mind. Any questions before we begin our tour.”

So I was in trouble after aaaaaaaall....

Did they find out about the power plant stuff?
Oh please don't let them find out.

However, to my surprise, I managed to keep my cool.
Though I really don't see anything that could've gotten me in trouble.
As for the socially aware business... Well... I've been that way for a long time with my hero persona.
But as for depression, self harm and all that... I'm not the one that gets backlash from using cables frantically.
Depression would likely be Heamet's case, somewhat.

Oh well, as for the questions, I had already asked mine to the Janitor, no point in telling two members of the staff when one can do the job just fine.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:“But I don’t want any of your to worry too much. This is not a military academy. This is not a concentration camp. This is not jail. This is a facility designed specifically with your health and wellbeing in mind. Any questions before we begin our tour.”

Something clicked in Damian's mind, he'd been given an opportunity. In his entire life he'd only been on the receiving end of a needle once, and that was for a blood test when he was born. His mother -though he loved her dearly- had been a bit ignorant in regards to vaccination, you see, she was a Jehovah's witness. And she'd been adamant that he'd avoid the subject of vaccination.

Despite his wishes, he'd never been vaccinated for anything, not even tetanus. It was something that he wanted to get done, but with him being a minor still there was nothing he could do about it. He could always wait another two months for his eighteenth birthday, but with all the different genealogies and physiologies in the school, and it's no doubt compact living space it may be a bit late by then.

Granted he didn't want to blurt it out immediately so he didn't get ribbed constantly, but maybe he'd have to inquire later to the Headmistress in private to arrange something like that.

Damian was secretly glad that reading his facial expressions was impossible, because he was damn near beaming at this point.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:38 pm

JJ raised a hand, "Can I ask what I am in trouble for? Is it something specific or a more general kind of trouble, like the kind I might get into from wandering into a bad neighbourhood?"

She smiled as innocently as she could.

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:07 pm

Donatello spent most of the time observing his surroundings, seeing this like his new reality, most of the trip was uneventful until this point.
He was thinking about the change that this would bring on him, barely paying attention to the presentation about the school, Donatello decided it was better to just calm down.
Snapping himself back to this world, Donatello managed to catch the last part of speech, "Any questions before we begin our tour".
This sparked his curiosity, he was ready to see what was waiting for him in the future.
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ JUST KIDDING
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄ SPOOKED BY THE SPOOKY SKELETON
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Leon didn't have any questions, at least none he felt like asking out loud.

He preferred his solitude, eyes darting about at the small crowd of people around him.

The Janitor stood behind the headmistress, surveying the crowd, looking for anyone he should keep his eye on.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:51 pm

“Much more the general kind of trouble Ms. Triggs. Many of you had the option of attending this location or more...penitent ones, but I don’t mean to generalize. If you cooperate then Talbot will be more like a resort than a jail and if you resist well then things can get difficult. ”

She turned around and began walking towards the house. As she did so she motioned for the children to follow her. Climbing the stairs she entered the house and led the entire party into the main entrance. A large open space facing a large set of stairs which led up to the second story, this room led off into a series of side rooms that lacked any doors. Inside the size and scale of house was even more impressive as a large light fixture hung from the ceiling and the walls were covered in detailed flora carvings.

“Now allow me to properly introduce myself. You may refer to me as Headmistress Cohen. I will be overseeing each of you as you come to terms with your abilities and helping you control the various gifts each of you has. Behind you is Teddy one of our tutors who will be handling your more traditional learning as well as Dallas who will maintain our facilities and see to our protection.”

As the kids looked around they could see the side rooms contained various rooms each exquisite crafted from another more baroque time but also familiar. Their was a large dining room with a long table and a set of silver candle holders, an open door behind the table showed the silver interior of a well furnished kitchen. Next to it was a lounge filled with plush leather furniture and walls covered in what must have been hundreds of old books. Across from the lounge was a study filled with a similar amount of books but also containing a large desk in front of a black board and several more conservative chairs with desks. Another room was closed off by two large sliding doors which were chained together by a large padlock. At the back of the entrance behind the staircase a closed door could be seen flanked by a pair of bathrooms.

“Dining room, lounge, study, bathrooms. I please ask you to stay out of the locked room for now we are still doing repairs on parts of the house, and do stay out of the basement for the time being as well.”

Cohen climbed the stairs showing off a long hallways of doors all of them standing open.

“We have 16 rooms in total on this floor. 6 are for us teachers and staff and 8 for you kids. You will be sharing a room with another student for the time being however as we want to maximize our use of space and get you all better acquainted faster. At either end of the hallways is a bathroom one for you and one for us.”

The group finally climbed to the top of the house on the third floor.

“This level has my office,” Cohen said pointing to an office door with her name on it, “As well as two large classrooms where major lessons will take place.” The classes consisted of large white boards parallel to some moderately sized projectors and each contained a semi-circle of desks facing a large desk at the front. One quickly got the idea from the rooms and the set up that the teaching would be very personal and individualized.

The group then made their way back down to the entrance where Cohen asked for any more questions which she was sure the children possessed.

First Floor: 1 Entrance, 1 Dinning Room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Lounge, 1 Off Limits Room, 1 Study, 2 Bathrooms
Second Floor: Dormitories, 6 medium rooms for teachers, 8 medium shared rooms for students, 2 Bathrooms.
Third Floor: 2 Classrooms, Headmistress’s Office, 1 Bathroom
Attic: ???
Basement: Off Limit’s
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:“Much more the general kind of trouble Ms. Triggs. Many of you had the option of attending this location or more...penitent ones, but I don’t mean to generalize. If you cooperate then Talbot will be more like a resort than a jail and if you resist well then things can get difficult. ”

She turned around and began walking towards the house. As she did so she motioned for the children to follow her. Climbing the stairs she entered the house and led the entire party into the main entrance. A large open space facing a large set of stairs which led up to the second story, this room led off into a series of side rooms that lacked any doors. Inside the size and scale of house was even more impressive as a large light fixture hung from the ceiling and the walls were covered in detailed flora carvings.

“Now allow me to properly introduce myself. You may refer to me as Headmistress Cohen. I will be overseeing each of you as you come to terms with your abilities and helping you control the various gifts each of you has. Behind you is Teddy one of our tutors who will be handling your more traditional learning as well as Dallas who will maintain our facilities and see to our protection.”

As the kids looked around they could see the side rooms contained various rooms each exquisite crafted from another more baroque time but also familiar. Their was a large dining room with a long table and a set of silver candle holders, an open door behind the table showed the silver interior of a well furnished kitchen. Next to it was a lounge filled with plush leather furniture and walls covered in what must have been hundreds of old books. Across from the lounge was a study filled with a similar amount of books but also containing a large desk in front of a black board and several more conservative chairs with desks. Another room was closed off by two large sliding doors which were chained together by a large padlock. At the back of the entrance behind the staircase a closed door could be seen flanked by a pair of bathrooms.

“Dining room, lounge, study, bathrooms. I please ask you to stay out of the locked room for now we are still doing repairs on parts of the house, and do stay out of the basement for the time being as well.”

Cohen climbed the stairs showing off a long hallways of doors all of them standing open.

“We have 16 rooms in total on this floor. 6 are for us teachers and staff and 8 for you kids. You will be sharing a room with another student for the time being however as we want to maximize our use of space and get you all better acquainted faster. At either end of the hallways is a bathroom one for you and one for us.”

“This level has my office,” Cohen said pointing to an office door with her name on it, “As well as two large classrooms where major lessons will take place.” The classes consisted of large white boards parallel to some moderately sized projectors and each contained a semi-circle of desks facing a large desk at the front. One quickly got the idea from the rooms and the set up that the teaching would be very personal and individualized.

The group then made their way back down to the entrance where Cohen asked for any more questions which she was sure the children possessed.

First Floor: 1 Entrance, 1 Dinning Room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Lounge, 1 Off Limits Room, 1 Study, 2 Bathrooms
Second Floor: Dormitories, 6 medium rooms for teachers, 8 medium shared rooms for students, 2 Bathrooms.

As soon as Cohen asked if there were any more questions, Donatello held up his hand.
"Which room belongs to which student?" he asked, heading the question towards Mistress Cohen.
Last edited by Ragutsa on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ JUST KIDDING
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄ SPOOKED BY THE SPOOKY SKELETON
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:29 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:The group then made their way back down to the entrance where Cohen asked for any more questions which she was sure the children possessed.

The vagueness of what was in the basement concerned Damian. Not because he'd go down there, but because not being specific made people curious, even lying would sate their curiosity. Hell there might be nothing but old books and dusty silverware, but saying that there's a literal gateway to hell would make sure that no one would venture there.

The fact that the Headmistress was leaving out the details of what was down there, meant that something she didn't want us knowing about was down there, or she couldn't be asked to mention it.

He spoke without raising his hand, mainly because he was in clear view, "So what's in the basement that you don't want us down there for?"
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:19 am

JJ had been assuming that she would end up rooming with Roc, just on the general principal that you usually put students of the same gender together... not that she especially cared so long as there was somewhere she could change without anyone looking.

She was also curious about the basement, though she was glad it hadn't been her that had asked the question. She leaned a little closer to Damian, muttering to him (and anyone else within earshot), from the corner of her mouth, "I've heard its a giant three headed dog chained in the basement... I've also heard there's going to be a sorting hat ceremony to split us into rooms."
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:38 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:“Much more the general kind of trouble Ms. Triggs. Many of you had the option of attending this location or more...penitent ones, but I don’t mean to generalize. If you cooperate then Talbot will be more like a resort than a jail and if you resist well then things can get difficult. ”

You may find it boring, but to be honest, I really wanted to know what I was in trouble for, after all, I was already part of the NYMD, so if I did something wrong, it was bound to show up on my record.
And given how little Gwyn and Richard tell me about stuff that happens because they know how sanguine I can be, most of the time I don't have a single idea of what's happening around me.

"Only one, really.
What am I in trouble for exactly? Because I have a few ideas, but I had the choice to attend, so that rules out big things that I may have done.
I just want to know, so I'm not surprised when I see my record."

Then the issue of being roomed with someone came up.
Ah, how I hated that, sharing rooms with someone was probably the only thing I didn't want to happen.
It didn't help that I was an only child that lived in a rather big house all alone most of the time.
But if I needed to do so, then so be it, I guess I'd have to do with it whether I liked it or not.

Since I didn't really have issues with anyone yet, I didn't really think of having anyone around.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse