NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us: Academy of the Gods (IC|Superhero|AlwaysOpen)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Ragutsa wrote:
Serah wrote:
While he calmed down, I went to speak to him.

"Want me to heal you a bit? You can't really expect that not to hurt.
I've been told my shock therapy works wonders on cramps and back pains."

I held out my hand for him to stand up again.
Taking off my mask with the other.

"Force of habit."

"Thanks for the help, Mateo" Donatello said this while using Mateo's hand to get himself into a standing position.
"Go ahead, let's see how your shock therapy works. Even thought it's SHOCKING to know that you have the ability to treat someone with your electricity", After saying this, Donatello made a stupid looking grin.

Oh you're on.

"Well, CURRENTly, I'm just able to do that, although I basically taught myself to release TENSION with my colleagues of the NYMD.
It's not that hard though once you get the hang of it."

I smiled back at him with the same grin.

"In all seriousness, if I ever get tired of being in the hero business, I could go and be a physiotherapist.
I'd have to validate my diploma though.
I'll get around that when I'll graduate."

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:37 pm

Cohen began putting her hair back into a bun but spoke quickly as she walked after Leon. “New rule. For the time being, no one able to control their powers is to use them inside this house without the express permission of the staff. Now I must ask you all to return to your room’s, except you Mr. Willhelm, I will talk with Leon first.”

Roc relaxed and just realising she had put herself between JJ and trouble became immediately shy. She awkwardly pulled her hand back and fold her wings in. “Sorry...I mean...Boy, that was crazy. Yeah, sleep sounds like a good idea.”

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Dr. Dwight was tending to Damian. He had taken some loose flower which had been laying around and spread it over Damian’s eye socket and cheek so that he could better see the invisible skin. It had a strangely humanizing effect and allowed Dwight to carefully pull the instrument out. All the while the friendly doctor chattered away.

“Eyes are a very delicate part of the body, I’d feel better if we took some precautions. It looks like you blinked at the last second and caught it before it went too deep. Magically things eyelids.”

Easing the fork out and applying layers of bactine soaked bandages it wasn’t long before the intrusion was removed. Blood was still a problem but the doctor helped make an eye patch out of gauze and bandages that would apply a safe amount of pressure and soaking material.

“I hope our silverware is well maintained enough to be tetanus-free. I can’t imagine you’d get any sort of infection but we’ll need to check back in a few hours to make sure. Still, a boy your age should have gotten some shots. We’ll have to see to that over the course of this week. I’ll make sure your first on my list for physically and we’ll get you a painful dose of life-saving medication.” Dwight spoke with a humorous tone but it was clear that joke was meant to be shared and not at Damian’s express.

Cohen quickly marched up the stairs and made her way down the hallway to the student's section. Standing outside she took a quick breath and then softly knocked twice. “Leon? It’s me. May I come in?”
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:-snip-

Damian sighed, a dull throb was all that came from his eye now, "You know all the bandages weren't necessary right? My flesh regenerates, only thing that doesn't is bone, and it heals faster than normal. Hell, my body even deals with physical infections over the course a few days even without anti-biotics, it's just that it get ungodly itchy and you can see the dead cells pretty easily. You coulda just pulled the fork out and it would've been fine. As for the lack of vaccines, my mother was Jehovah's witness, still is, you know how they are about foreign bodies." Damian smiled, "Compared to some of the things that've hurt me, a needle's gonna be the least painful thing to go through." His face felt a bit crusty, understandable now that the blood cells that came out of the wound began to die, now leaving a rather haunting red paint on the right side of his face.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Talion Union
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Cohen began putting her hair back into a bun but spoke quickly as she walked after Leon. “New rule. For the time being, no one able to control their powers is to use them inside this house without the express permission of the staff. Now I must ask you all to return to your room’s, except you Mr. Willhelm, I will talk with Leon first.”

Roc relaxed and just realising she had put herself between JJ and trouble became immediately shy. She awkwardly pulled her hand back and fold her wings in. “Sorry...I mean...Boy, that was crazy. Yeah, sleep sounds like a good idea.”

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Dr. Dwight was tending to Damian. He had taken some loose flower which had been laying around and spread it over Damian’s eye socket and cheek so that he could better see the invisible skin. It had a strangely humanizing effect and allowed Dwight to carefully pull the instrument out. All the while the friendly doctor chattered away.

“Eyes are a very delicate part of the body, I’d feel better if we took some precautions. It looks like you blinked at the last second and caught it before it went too deep. Magically things eyelids.”

Easing the fork out and applying layers of bactine soaked bandages it wasn’t long before the intrusion was removed. Blood was still a problem but the doctor helped make an eye patch out of gauze and bandages that would apply a safe amount of pressure and soaking material.

“I hope our silverware is well maintained enough to be tetanus-free. I can’t imagine you’d get any sort of infection but we’ll need to check back in a few hours to make sure. Still, a boy your age should have gotten some shots. We’ll have to see to that over the course of this week. I’ll make sure your first on my list for physically and we’ll get you a painful dose of life-saving medication.” Dwight spoke with a humorous tone but it was clear that joke was meant to be shared and not at Damian’s express.

Cohen quickly marched up the stairs and made her way down the hallway to the student's section. Standing outside she took a quick breath and then softly knocked twice. “Leon? It’s me. May I come in?”

There was no response, only the click of an opening door. As it slowly crept open, a tendril as black as midnight darted back under a bed, back to its host. Leon kept himself underneath, unwilling to show himself after causing so much trouble.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:49 pm

Anowa wrote:

Damian sighed, a dull throb was all that came from his eye now, "You know all the bandages weren't necessary right? My flesh regenerates, only thing that doesn't is bone, and it heals faster than normal. Hell, my body even deals with physical infections over the course a few days even without anti-biotics, it's just that it get ungodly itchy and you can see the dead cells pretty easily. You coulda just pulled the fork out and it would've been fine. As for the lack of vaccines, my mother was Jehovah's witness, still is, you know how they are about foreign bodies." Damian smiled, "Compared to some of the things that've hurt me, a needle's gonna be the least painful thing to go through." His face felt a bit crusty, understandable now that the blood cells that came out of the wound began to die, now leaving a rather haunting red paint on the right side of his face.

The Doctor merely continued his slight smile. "We'll it's good to know your capable. But I'd rather be safe than sorry. You never know what can go wrong, but we'll talk more about that tomorrow." He smiled a little bit less at the quip about Damian's mother "I won't go all Freud with you about your mother just yet, we can save that till later. Still why don't you head back to your room and I'll try and catch your attention tomorrow?"

Talion Union wrote:

There was no response, only the click of an opening door. As it slowly crept open, a tendril as black as midnight darted back under a bed, back to its host. Leon kept himself underneath, unwilling to show himself after causing so much trouble.

Cohen just came into the room and slowly sat down on the bed across from Leon’s. She looked exhausted and slightly more human without her cold stoic express and tie. She had relaxed a great deal and spoke with the calm soothing voice that reeked of empathy.

“Look Leon. I want you to know that I understand what you’re going through. You probably think how can anyone understand having a curse like a batch over reactive nanites? We’ll let me tell you I am intimately familiar with curses. I got a big one. When I was your age I got one hundred people killed because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Left the countryside, because I wanted to see Belgium. So trust me when I tell you I know how hard it can be.”

“But I worked through my problems and while I was working to stop more damage because of my curse I promised that if I ever did stop it I would spend the rest of my life help other people with curses. That’s why i’m here Leon. I just want to make sure that you get through this. Do you feel comfortable enough to talk with me?”
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Anowa wrote:Damian sighed, a dull throb was all that came from his eye now, "You know all the bandages weren't necessary right? My flesh regenerates, only thing that doesn't is bone, and it heals faster than normal. Hell, my body even deals with physical infections over the course a few days even without anti-biotics, it's just that it get ungodly itchy and you can see the dead cells pretty easily. You coulda just pulled the fork out and it would've been fine. As for the lack of vaccines, my mother was Jehovah's witness, still is, you know how they are about foreign bodies." Damian smiled, "Compared to some of the things that've hurt me, a needle's gonna be the least painful thing to go through." His face felt a bit crusty, understandable now that the blood cells that came out of the wound began to die, now leaving a rather haunting red paint on the right side of his face.

The Doctor merely continued his slight smile. "We'll it's good to know your capable. But I'd rather be safe than sorry. You never know what can go wrong, but we'll talk more about that tomorrow." He smiled a little bit less at the quip about Damian's mother "I won't go all Freud with you about your mother just yet, we can save that till later. Still why don't you head back to your room and I'll try and catch your attention tomorrow?"

Talion Union wrote:

Cohen just came into the room and slowly sat down on the bed across from Leon’s. She looked exhausted and slightly more human without her cold stoic express and tie. She had relaxed a great deal and spoke with the calm soothing voice that reeked of empathy.

“Look Leon. I want you to know that I understand what you’re going through. You probably think how can anyone understand having a curse like a batch over reactive nanites? We’ll let me tell you I am intimately familiar with curses. I got a big one. When I was your age I got one hundred people killed because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Left the countryside, because I wanted to see Belgium. So trust me when I tell you I know how hard it can be.”

“But I worked through my problems and while I was working to stop more damage because of my curse I promised that if I ever did stop it I would spend the rest of my life help other people with curses. That’s why i’m here Leon. I just want to make sure that you get through this. Do you feel comfortable enough to talk with me?”

He slid out from under the bed, but never made a move to get up.

His voice was soft, quiet, barely over a whisper in the unending silence of the room. They went on and on, Leon telling of the labs, the doctors...the tests. He wept through most of it, and went pale for the rest. At the end, he felt almost human again.

Dallas could swear he was being watched during his nightly patrol, like a ghost was right over his shoulder. He shrugged it off, washing the thought away with a cup of coffee from his favorite mug.
Last edited by Talion Union on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:08 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Cohen began putting her hair back into a bun but spoke quickly as she walked after Leon. “New rule. For the time being, no one able to control their powers is to use them inside this house without the express permission of the staff. Now I must ask you all to return to your room’s, except you Mr. Willhelm, I will talk with Leon first.”

"It was mostly to get out of the firing line." JJ informed Roc as they headed back to their room, "I imagine the staff will be pissy following that little display. Day One and we've already had property damage!"

"I heard that the last Academy got burned down in the first week or something." she paused, then shrugged, "Still got a few days to go if we're aiming to beat that record and it looks like most of the boys are ready to get stuck in like professional wrestlers!"

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Damian passed the duo of fellow classmates on the way to his room, he touched the doorknob, before realizing that both his room mate and the Headmistress were still in said room. So he waited outside patiently, while he knew this was the first time, he doubted it would be the last. Everyone here who wasn't aware of their powers since birth would be hard pressed to have a basic grasp on them. Like Leon, who just so happened to half blind him and nearly strangle two others. Honestly it could've been worse, Roc could've gotten the fork in the eye, and judging from her general demeanor, that wouldn't have ended well.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Issue 2: Settling in Strangley Pt. 1 (Day 2: Sunday)

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:28 am

Anowa wrote:Damian passed the duo of fellow classmates on the way to his room, he touched the doorknob, before realizing that both his room mate and the Headmistress were still in said room. So he waited outside patiently, while he knew this was the first time, he doubted it would be the last. Everyone here who wasn't aware of their powers since birth would be hard pressed to have a basic grasp on them. Like Leon, who just so happened to half blind him and nearly strangle two others. Honestly it could've been worse, Roc could've gotten the fork in the eye, and judging from her general demeanor, that wouldn't have ended well.

Not long after Damian arrived at his door he saw Dr. Dwight climbing the stairs and heading to his room. But before going to his own domicile he unlocked one of the unoccupied rooms for Damian and brought a spare blanket and pillow from a hallway cabinet. "This might take a while, just try and get some sleep in this room and we'll get it all straightened out tomorrow"

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:snip

"It was mostly to get out of the firing line." JJ informed Roc as they headed back to their room, "I imagine the staff will be pissy following that little display. Day One and we've already had property damage!"

"I heard that the last Academy got burned down in the first week or something." she paused, then shrugged, "Still got a few days to go if we're aiming to beat that record and it looks like most of the boys are ready to get stuck in like professional wrestlers!"

"Yeah more than one of them jumped right into the fray. Let's promise, that not matter what happens, we stay friends and watch out for each other. Hell were living together so we had better get along. I can't imagine what Leon's night's gonna be like."

Talion Union wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:snip

He slid out from under the bed, but never made a move to get up.

His voice was soft, quiet, barely over a whisper in the unending silence of the room. They went on and on, Leon telling of the labs, the doctors...the tests. He wept through most of it, and went pale for the rest. At the end, he felt almost human again.

Dallas could swear he was being watched during his nightly patrol, like a ghost was right over his shoulder. He shrugged it off, washing the thought away with a cup of coffee from his favorite mug.

Cohen merely listened and absorbed Leon’s story. She didn’t comment she merely listened and offered an occasional pat on the shoulder to help remind the scared child that he wasn’t alone and that she was here to help. When Leon ran out of air and could talk anymore she told him happy things and ran him through relaxation techniques trying to ease his mind.

Eventually everybody calmed back down and went off the sleep hoping that tomorrow would be a much more relaxing introduction.

-----Issue 2: Settling in Strangley Pt. 1 (Day 2: Sunday)-----

Morning at the Talbot house was calm and relaxing for the most part. Some unknown third part had removed the broken dining room table and replaced it with a set of cheap folding tables with an expensive looking tablecloth. It stood out but it was better than having shards of broken wood everywhere.

Cohen was the first one up and spent the morning making coffee for herself, the staff and some low caffeine stuff for the kids who she was sure she wanted it. She also set up a few boxes of assorted cereals, fruit juices and toasted bagels for the kids to eat when they woke up.

Outside a dense fog was rolling in from the nearby atlantic ocean which pooled in the Exham valley giving the whole village a ghostly quality and making the Priory Castle look like it was on the bank of the water. Cutting through this sea of fog and rolling up the hill was the Omni-bus and it’s ever mysterious driver. The beaming headlights pierced the windows of the upstairs rooms as it pulled up and disgorged the latest member of the school.
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:04 am

Another day.

It came out as boring, really.
The bloke I was supposed to be sleeping with seemed to be completely off, as in completely off, I mean he didn't bother to come and sleep in the room, much less get rid of his baggage.
Which was annoying since I had to pile it somewhere where it wouldn't bother me.
Honestly, I kind of wanted to go and speak with the headmistress just so I could switch out, maybe with Donatello, he seems like a nice person.
Plus, given the small load of things I have for now, might as well.
Plus I didn't unpack everything, a good bunch of my clothes were still around in my cases.
They would likely be that way until I started washing them.

I also had to call my family to send me my sewing stuff just in case.
I'd have to ask what colors she wanted for her skirt though, which quite honestly would be awkward.
But if I managed to talk with Carly on a regular basis, it's likely I could speak to JJ without too much trouble.
Unless she also read minds, at which point it would probably be quite annoying and problematic, but as far as I know, she didn't say anything about reading minds.

Though I dunno if Donatello would be fine with me sewing things in the middle of the night.
I'd have to ask if needed, but logically, I should be fine.
Wait, if I wanted to make that for her, I'd need her measurements.
I didn't plan this at all, how am I going to be able to go up to her and be like, yeah, I'm sewing a skirt for you, mind giving me your measurements?
Awkwardness at its finest.

Pondering how I should do that, I went downstairs to grab some food.
I didn't need much to go on really, just having toast and some coffee would work out.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:51 pm

Dallas arched his back as he stood up. He had fallen asleep in his chair again. Always eager to work late, he thought.

He climbed up the stairs and onto the first floor, the door behind him closing with a sharp click. He made his way towards the dining room, ready to start off the day the right way. "Mornin', boss lady." He grabbed a cup and sat down in the nearest chair. He adjusted the cap on his head, sipping his coffee with his off hand.

Leon got up, the door already opened by his Ghost. He stumbled forward, into the hallway. He made his way towards the dining area, in search of food. He saw the lady from before already there, and he quickened his pace to stay close to her, seeing as she was more than willing to help him with his...issues. He kept his eyes to the floor, grabbing a pair of bagels and nervously eating them, slowly moving towards the seat opposite Dallas.

"Mornin' ta you too, kid." He offered his usual smile, still drinking his coffee.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:13 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:

Morning at the Talbot house was calm and relaxing for the most part. Some unknown third part had removed the broken dining room table and replaced it with a set of cheap folding tables with an expensive looking tablecloth. It stood out but it was better than having shards of broken wood everywhere.

Cohen was the first one up and spent the morning making coffee for herself, the staff and some low caffeine stuff for the kids who she was sure she wanted it. She also set up a few boxes of assorted cereals, fruit juices and toasted bagels for the kids to eat when they woke up.

Outside a dense fog was rolling in from the nearby atlantic ocean which pooled in the Exham valley giving the whole village a ghostly quality and making the Priory Castle look like it was on the bank of the water. Cutting through this sea of fog and rolling up the hill was the Omni-bus and it’s ever mysterious driver. The beaming headlights pierced the windows of the upstairs rooms as it pulled up and disgorged the latest member of the school.

Filia Umbrarum

A young, beautiful thirteen year old girl with snow-white hair and just as pale white skin walked down the steps of the omni-bus. Filia Umbrarum was wearing a pitch black dress, black shoes, a black sun-hat and a pair of black sunglasses. Along with her wheel bag containing her many belongings, she was also carrying a black parasol, fully opened, from which she protected herself from the sun burning her skin.

Filia Umbrarum was escortrd to the Talbot House by one of the villagers, whom she sneakily pickpocked something random, a pen, on the away. She frowned slightly, having mixed feelings. On one hand, Filia wasn't sure if the students would like her due to her demonic heritage and nature as well as her thevish tendencies, the latter which she took quite a kick out of. On the other, she was quite glad to be away from her wicked and cruel family and their evil Shadow Syndicate who have made her and so many others suffer. Filia only hoped that her cambion nature and her kleptomania, along with her other issues including schizophrenia won't get in the way of actually making friends.

Smiling, Filia walked the path with her escort to the doors of the house, staying under her parasol and out of the sunlight. She opened the house doors, closing her parasol as soon the door behind her closed, and began looking around, hoping to find someone. "Hello?" Filia asked, "Anyone here? My name's Filia Umbrarum and I know I'm kind of a day late and such, due to stuff happening, but I'm here now."
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Donatello woke up in his somewhat decorated room, readying himself for another day.
Donatello was quite happy with the results he got from the other day, almost everyone was friendly in their own way. In Donatello's mind, the goal of making something out of himself was working out, even if it meant getting injured in the process of getting things done, the last day held some adrenaline filled moments, it was an experience different from any other.
"I should probably go eat a toast or something." Once he finished saying this to himself, he went to grab some food for the day.
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ JUST KIDDING
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄ SPOOKED BY THE SPOOKY SKELETON
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:25 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:

Filia Umbrarum

A young, beautiful thirteen year old girl with snow-white hair and just as pale white skin walked down the steps of the omni-bus. Filia Umbrarum was wearing a pitch black dress, black shoes, a black sun-hat and a pair of black sunglasses. Along with her wheel bag containing her many belongings, she was also carrying a black parasol, fully opened, from which she protected herself from the sun burning her skin.

Filia Umbrarum was escortrd to the Talbot House by one of the villagers, whom she sneakily pickpocked something random, a pen, on the away. She frowned slightly, having mixed feelings. On one hand, Filia wasn't sure if the students would like her due to her demonic heritage and nature as well as her thevish tendencies, the latter which she took quite a kick out of. On the other, she was quite glad to be away from her wicked and cruel family and their evil Shadow Syndicate who have made her and so many others suffer. Filia only hoped that her cambion nature and her kleptomania, along with her other issues including schizophrenia won't get in the way of actually making friends.

Smiling, Filia walked the path with her escort to the doors of the house, staying under her parasol and out of the sunlight. She opened the house doors, closing her parasol as soon the door behind her closed, and began looking around, hoping to find someone. "Hello?" Filia asked, "Anyone here? My name's Filia Umbrarum and I know I'm kind of a day late and such, due to stuff happening, but I'm here now."

As I grabbed a loaf of bread and filled a whole thermos with coffee, I noticed the bus had dropped off one more person.
I took a sip out of said thermos and made my way towards the main doors.
It took a bit of pathfinding, but I managed.

"Hey, sei nuovo?"

I opened the conversation, unfortunately defaulting to Italian.
I had to get it through my head didn't I?

"Sorry, I tend to do that, are you new? If so, then I guess I'll lead you to the Headmistress."

Well that was a whole lot of problems incoming for my room switching wasn't it.
Ah Universe, why must you be so convenient.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Serah wrote:
As I grabbed a loaf of bread and filled a whole thermos with coffee, I noticed the bus had dropped off one more person.I took a sip out of said thermos and made my way towards the main doors. It took a bit of pathfinding, but I managed.

"Hey, sei nuovo?"

"Sorry, I tend to do that, are you new? If so, then I guess I'll lead you to the Headmistress."

Well that was a whole lot of problems incoming for my room switching wasn't it. Ah Universe, why must you be so convenient.

Filia Umbrarum.

Filia Umbrarum giggled. "È alright, signore. Siete giusto. Sono nuovo." she replied in italian, including the accent, with a sly smile. With her family having done business in many countries, especially throughout Europe, it was quite natural for Filia to be quite multilingual,

The young thirteen year old smiled as she reached for her sunglasses and took them off, revealing a pair of glowing demonic, yet friendly, orange eyes. The cambion giggled slightly wondering what the boy's reaction would be. Filia hoped that good first impressions would always work.. "And it would be a pleasure to meet the Headmistress." she spoke cheerfully, "My name's Filia Umbrarum. What can I call you, sir?"
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:"Yeah more than one of them jumped right into the fray. Let's promise, that not matter what happens, we stay friends and watch out for each other. Hell were living together so we had better get along. I can't imagine what Leon's night's gonna be like."

"It's a promise." JJ assured her room mate, "I also promise not to drag you into any kind of super-powered ruckus... unless someone attacks me which I guess we can't really rule out - short fuses, testosterone and all."

Primordial Luxa wrote:

JJ was one of the first to appear for breakfast having just showered, her long blonde locks hanging about her shoulders like a damp curtain. She whistled a tune as she arrived, poured herself a bowl of cereal, a glass of orange juice, then sat down at the new table (just because it was different).

"Hey, Guglielmo!" she greeted Donatello enthusiastically, "Did you sleep well? Want to place a bet on whether we have another student-body-showdown today? I'm putting £10 on 'yes'."

Ragutsa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragutsa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:37 pm

"Hey, JJ!" Donatello responded to JJ, in a equally enthusiastic voice, "I slept fine. about the bet..."Donatello gave a dramatic pause, "I'll bet with you, I place £20 on myself", while saying this, Donatello was enjoying a toast and a coffee, served from before.
Last edited by Ragutsa on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
find the prize
nope

Nicely done
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ JUST KIDDING
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄ SPOOKED BY THE SPOOKY SKELETON
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:45 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:
Serah wrote:
As I grabbed a loaf of bread and filled a whole thermos with coffee, I noticed the bus had dropped off one more person.I took a sip out of said thermos and made my way towards the main doors. It took a bit of pathfinding, but I managed.

"Hey, sei nuovo?"

Well that was a whole lot of problems incoming for my room switching wasn't it. Ah Universe, why must you be so convenient.

Filia Umbrarum.

Filia Umbrarum giggled. "È alright, signore. Siete giusto. Sono nuovo." she replied in italian, including the accent, with a sly smile. With her family having done business in many countries, especially throughout Europe, it was quite natural for Filia to be quite multilingual,

The young thirteen year old smiled as she reached for her sunglasses and took them off, revealing a pair of glowing demonic, yet friendly, orange eyes. The cambion giggled slightly wondering what the boy's reaction would be. Filia hoped that good first impressions would always work.. "And it would be a pleasure to meet the Headmistress." she spoke cheerfully, "My name's Filia Umbrarum. What can I call you, sir?"

I smiled brightly at the girl's Italian, though it made me feel like for once, being Italian did not mean being part of the minority in an English speaking country.
Who knew that'd happen at all.

I vaguely raised an eyebrow at the oddly colored eyes and continued.

"Well, first, not sir, call me Mateo, I'm a student here as well, despite my appearances, and secondly, do you have some kind of magic upbringing? You know, the eyes and all.
I've seen it on some demon related reports sometimes, but I didn't see it much otherwise.
I take it you must be related to that." As much as my words may have seemed to be harsh, my tone told the opposite, to be honest, I didn't have anything against demons or anything.

"I'll lead you to the headmistress now.
By the way, what's your name? Haven't asked yet." I stretched and signed her to follow me.
"Also, before you ask, I have had encounters with demons.
Not all of them were good, but I know there are some good ones, so I hope you are of the latter group."

Shortly afterwards, we arrived at the dining hall, if she hadn't eaten, I figured she would.
Coming in, I overheard something about a bet about testosterone.

Given what happened yesterday, I'd say she's talking about fights.

Ragutsa wrote:"Hey, JJ!" Donatello responded to JJ, in an equally enthusiastic voice, "I slept fine. about the bet..."Donatello gave a dramatic pause, "I'll bet with you, I place £20 on myself", while saying this, Donatello was enjoying a toast and a coffee, served from before.

"Well, it'll be better for all of us if I can keep my electricity to myself.
I'd rather avoid tasing anyone during the first week, I'm kinda running low on battery." I shouted out to them, as cheerful as they all were.

It did seem like we were on good terms.
And honestly, it was good, it meant that most fights would be avoided within the academy itself.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:19 pm

Serah wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:Filia Umbrarum.

I smiled brightly at the girl's Italian, though it made me feel like for once, being Italian did not mean being part of the minority in an English speaking country.

"Well, first, not sir, call me Mateo, I'm a student here as well, despite my appearances, and secondly, do you have some kind of magic upbringing? You know, the eyes and all.
I've seen it on some demon related reports sometimes, but I didn't see it much otherwise.
I take it you must be related to that." As much as my words may have seemed to be harsh, my tone told the opposite, to be honest, I didn't have anything against demons or anything.

By the way, what's your name? Haven't asked yet." I stretched and signed her to follow me.
Not all of them were good, but I know there are some good ones, so I hope you are of the latter group."

Shortly afterwards, we arrived at the dining hall, if she hadn't eaten, I figured she would.

Ragutsa wrote:"Hey, JJ!" Donatello responded to JJ, in an equally enthusiastic voice, "I slept fine. about the bet..."Donatello gave a dramatic pause, "I'll bet with you, I place £20 on myself", while saying this, Donatello was enjoying a toast and a coffee, served from before.

I'd rather avoid tasing anyone during the first week, I'm kinda running low on battery." I shouted out to them, as cheerful as they all were.

And honestly, it was good, it meant that most fights would be avoided within the academy itself.

Dallas chuckled, sipping the last of his coffee. Kids, he thought. "I wouldn't count on it. Once the boss lady sits you down for a talk it sticks, I tell ya." Not to mention he had a trick or two up his sleeve, too.
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Damian woke up a bit late, as such, he was among the last out of his room. He spent quite a bit of time rummaging through the stuff in his and Leon's shared room, acquiring his morning equipment of a two liter thermos. In the morning his mind mimicked his body, seeing as he was pretty much a zombie until he got a decent amount of coffee in his system.

As he stepped out of his room the dressing over his eye was now gone, and a set of rather casual clothing was draped over his skeletal appearance. As he walked through the main landing he took in the familiar face of Mateo and the new face -and glowing eyes- of someone dressed for a funeral. He meant to say good morning, but what came out was much different, "Gmeen." He left the duo to their conversation as he made his way into the dining room.

His eyes immediately spotted the coffee machine, and like a man possessed he meandered his way over to it. Before nearly draining the machine of it's nigh magical brew to fill the large container. He then proceeded to dump a nauseating amount of sugar into the dark liquid and a significantly smaller amount of cream.

As he walked over to the table he grabbed a bagel and sat down, pretty much between everyone else. He gave a light grunt in acknowledgment to those already assembled. His sleep wasn't the best, every time he slept with a decent injury he had really fucked up fever dreams, like, pole dancing Cthulhu fucked up. He exhaled audibly through his nose and took a swig from his thermos, he swallowed and immediately looked at the thermos in confusion. he gave a neutral grunt, likely due to the noticeable lack of caffeine.

It was at that point, Teddy walked in, despite him having no need for food, he still joined them for breakfast. While many would expect the reincarnation of Theodore Roosevelt to have a brash, authoritative voice, the man's voice was actually quite soft. It made sense, 'speak softly, and carry a big stick' and all. The former president spoke as he joined everyone, "Everyone slept well I take it?" He gave a single look at Damian before correcting himself, "...Mostly everyone."
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Talion Union wrote:
Serah wrote:

Dallas chuckled, sipping the last of his coffee. Kids, he thought. "I wouldn't count on it. Once the boss lady sits you down for a talk it sticks, I tell ya." Not to mention he had a trick or two up his sleeve, too.

I shrugged.

"Well, that's assuming something goes wrong.
Personally, I have control over my power in general, in the way that I don't need rubber gloves to avoid tasing someone while trying to shake their hands.
But that's not the point now is it? Thinking about scenarios in which I'd end up fighting you or anyone in the academy is not something to think about when you have done nothing wrong.
Plus, as I've said, I'm running low on battery, so if I can avoid any fights, it'll be lovely for my health."
I explained, with a slight smile that mostly told about the obvious fatigue accumulated during the last days.
The main reason for my 'lack of batteries' was mainly because I was running around in Venezia for errands and overall peacekeeping, and fell into the water one too many times.
As such, it's been four days since I've been recuperating.

If only the streets weren't so narrow.
And if only I could master the lightning grappling I've been trying to make.
I can't seem to be able to make the correct amount of discharge go into it.
As for the amperage, I'm not quite pinned down on it either.
Maybe I should get a tesla ball or something to help.

Anowa wrote:Wakey wakey.

As I noticed Damian pass by with his drunkspeak, I had to delve into the deepest parts of my being to search for the knowledge that would help me understand.
The Irish.

"Gmeen to you."

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Cohen gave an affectionate nod to Dallas as was custom before wandering off to deal with the various complex administrative tasks that came with running a school made for living WMD’s.

Not long after most people had woken up and got ready Roc appeared. The smell of slightly damp shampooed hair signalling that she had been caught in her own morning rituals and the ruffled texture of her feathers signalled which part of her body had held her up the most. “Morning guys. I trust you all slept well?” She minced words for a little bit but mostly focused on eating.

Roc only had a quick moment to devour a bagel before Dr. Dwight came into the room with his trademark smile. He just walked around the room not touching the food but casually observing and giving affectionate smiles. “Good to see that you’re all awake so early. On the weekends you’ll be free to sleep in as long as you like, but keep in mind on weekdays that we’ll expect you awake for lessons by eight with lessons starting at nine. The only thing we have to worry about today, however, is some momentary physical examinations, Damian why don’t we start with you?”

As the translucent kid and the Doctor began heading off to his office he turned around with a slightly humorous smile added, “Also I'd strongly advise against any more physical confrontations. If you’re lucky you might get to see just how scary Dallas and Ms. Cohen can be.” He turned around as let his voice trailed off “If you’re less lucky you might see just how scary MI6 can be.”

Just before the pair could head up the stairs they spotted Filia and Mateo. “Mateo, thank you for showing Ms. Umbrarum in. She was supposed to show up yesterday but the weather wasn’t amicable. Come with me Ms. Umbrarum I can show you to the Headmistress so you can get settled in.”

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:10 am

Talion Union wrote:

"Ah... I wasn't betting on the outcome of any fight." JJ replied, with a slight shake of the head, "I have zero interest in letting any super-powered person take a swing at me but I do think some of the others will be having a go at each other again by the end of the day."

"And Sir." she added, coyly glancing glancing down at her cereal bowl and stirring the contents, "I'm sure that the Boss Lady's speeches do stick, but sometimes people need to see know how big the stick is if they don't follow the rules."

JJ was quite curious to know how big the stick was herself. She wanted to know just how hot the water would be if she was caught sneaking into a restricted area.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:54 am

Serah wrote:I smiled brightly at the girl's Italian, though it made me feel like for once, being Italian did not mean being part of the minority in an English speaking country. Who knew that'd happen at all. I vaguely raised an eyebrow at the oddly colored eyes and continued.

"Well, first, not sir, call me Mateo, I'm a student here as well, despite my appearances, and secondly, do you have some kind of magic upbringing? You know, the eyes and all. I've seen it on some demon related reports sometimes, but I didn't see it much otherwise. I take it you must be related to that." As much as my words may have seemed to be harsh, my tone told the opposite, to be honest, I didn't have anything against demons or anything.

"I'll lead you to the headmistress now. By the way, what's your name? Haven't asked yet." I stretched and signed her to follow me. "Also, before you ask, I have had encounters with demons. Not all of them were good, but I know there are some good ones, so I hope you are of the latter group."

Primordial Luxa wrote:Cohen gave an affectionate nod to Dallas as was custom before wandering off to deal with the various complex administrative tasks that came with running a school made for living WMD’s.

Not long after most people had woken up and got ready Roc appeared. The smell of slightly damp shampooed hair signalling that she had been caught in her own morning rituals and the ruffled texture of her feathers signalled which part of her body had held her up the most. “Morning guys. I trust you all slept well?” She minced words for a little bit but mostly focused on eating.

Roc only had a quick moment to devour a bagel before Dr. Dwight came into the room with his trademark smile. He just walked around the room not touching the food but casually observing and giving affectionate smiles. “Good to see that you’re all awake so early. On the weekends you’ll be free to sleep in as long as you like, but keep in mind on weekdays that we’ll expect you awake for lessons by eight with lessons starting at nine. The only thing we have to worry about today, however, is some momentary physical examinations, Damian why don’t we start with you?”

As the translucent kid and the Doctor began heading off to his office he turned around with a slightly humorous smile added, “Also I'd strongly advise against any more physical confrontations. If you’re lucky you might get to see just how scary Dallas and Ms. Cohen can be.” He turned around as let his voice trailed off “If you’re less lucky you might see just how scary MI6 can be.”

Just before the pair could head up the stairs they spotted Filia and Mateo. “Mateo, thank you for showing Ms. Umbrarum in. She was supposed to show up yesterday but the weather wasn’t amicable. Come with me Ms. Umbrarum I can show you to the Headmistress so you can get settled in.”

Fila Umbrarum

Filia blushed a little. Her family was firm in how she was taught to speak and refer to people, making her very polite. Because of this, she usually called all people she meets 'sir' or 'mam' before learning their name. "I see, Mister Maeto. I already told you my name, though. My name's Filia Umbrarum." she spoke politely, wondering if her peer needed his hearing checked.

The thirteen year old girl then frowned and sulked her head, upon Maeto pointing out her eyes and wither or not she's a good demon or bad. She asked herself mentally wither it was too early or not for her to take off her sunglasses and reveal the most obvious trait of her demonic heritage. "I-i'm a cambion, Maeto; part human and part demon." she spoke softly with some sadness, "I-i'm not sure if I'm good or bad, to be honest, but I-i don't want to be anything like my cruel and wicked family, especially the purely demonic ones like my father. They're not all bad though."

Filia Umbraraum then turned to Dr. Dwight and made a sweet smile. "Hello, Sir." she spoke cheerfully, "Yes, the weather was dreadful on the way here, but it's been wonderful this morning."

The young cambion clutched her parasol with her ghostly white hand as she smiled. "And I'd be happy to follow you to the headmistress." she said before looking at Maeto, still smiling, "Good bye, Mister Maeto. I'll see you later, I guess."
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:48 am, edited 10 times in total.
Political Compass
Ravenclaw

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:40 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:

"Ah... I wasn't betting on the outcome of any fight." JJ replied, with a slight shake of the head, "I have zero interest in letting any super-powered person take a swing at me but I do think some of the others will be having a go at each other again by the end of the day."

"And Sir." she added, coyly glancing glancing down at her cereal bowl and stirring the contents, "I'm sure that the Boss Lady's speeches do stick, but sometimes people need to see know how big the stick is if they don't follow the rules."

JJ was quite curious to know how big the stick was herself. She wanted to know just how hot the water would be if she was caught sneaking into a restricted area.

Dallas narrowed his eyes for a second, giving the young lady a suspicious look, before his face went back to normal as if nothing had happened. He'd need to watch this one, she seemed a bit too eager in his opinion. Note to self, he thought, be ready for trouble.

"Just try ta stay out of trouble, alright? No good gonna come of stirring the pot."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse