NATION

PASSWORD

Legends of Eroris: Arrival |IC|

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:09 am

The Ember Tower - Courtyard
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

A group of armed Elven guards greeted the Jarl at the gates,

"Jarl Valdr, your fellow Wise Council members are preparing for the meeting in the Council Chambers as we speak. Please go join them." one spoke pointing towards the entrance into the tower.

The Ember Tower - The Wise Council Chambers

Ruven followed Earwulf into the Council chambers, which, were like the rest of Isnhrion, masterfully decorated. The statue of Alaro Ashen still stood in the middle of the meeting table, were some of the most important individuals of the Empire meet. Gathered around the table sat the High King of Norravägg, Igmund Redbeard, as well as his Jarls and family members. On the other side of the table opposite of the High King sat the High Councilor, Lhoris, looking smug and formal as usual. In many other seats of the Council cambers sat Elven Lords and Leaders, all towering over the other members of the council, save the Emperor. And sitting in a round of seats, two being empty, sat the Varians: Almrick, Alves, and Phaaran Varian. Ruven took his place at the head of the Council table.

"Sit down, and we can begin." he ordered

The Dancing Dragon

As Abus spoke, a bartender came to face the group,

"What'll it be?" he asked

"We're looking for someone, someone called "O" or something." Phaerl explained

The bartender looked away, "You have to learn to not ask questions when they are not needed friend."

As they talked, a few of the local patrons of the tavern pulled a few weapons. Ready to erupt into chaos should the spark ignite.
Last edited by Everhall on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:58 am

Relikai wrote:
The Tophat Empire wrote:"No need to be so humble, after, both loyalty and respect has to be earned, from both sides" wiking replied, smirking. "Regardless, i did not ask you here just for idle chatting, we are both busy individuals, so i will cut to the chase, two centuries ago, during the secession, i fought with the Golden Company, and until this day the men of said company use the armour we brought with us when we joined the men of reach. That goes for mine as well, however, unfortunately it has not received the care it deserves since the retirement of my last Court Smith, some five years ago. Now it is in dire need of maintenance and refitting. Thus i ask you, do you have any experience with elven arms and armor" he said, his voice carrying hints of shame in it.

Haruna cupped her chin, seemingly in deep thought. She worked with elven arms and armour in the past, and indeed their slim and intricate designs were a solid basis in her weapons and fighting style.

"Yes... Yes. I do know how to service them with normal iron and treated steel. I will also round up maybe... a dozen apprentices... need to show them how to repair the equipment too, sir." Haruna said, considering the options. "I can probably repair three full suits of weapons and armour in a day, with the forge you provided. Might be slower at first, but we can repair everything within a month."

"Very well, let it be so. You shall have everything that you need and require for this endeavor. I wish for a list with such items to be handed to either me or Franz as soon as you can. Those apprentices you talk about, will they been in need of lodging, food or other? if so write that down as well." Wiking replied, nodding in agreement. "Once such a list has been handed in you will have 3 sets or arms and armour waiting at the forge every day" he added. Stroking his chin slowly as he did one final amendment "But i ask that you make as much haste you can, there is a storm growing, and i fear the men of reach must soon leave home for the field."

Shaking his head he placed his hands down on the table again "Oh, who am i to bring such dark thoughts upon such a nice and sunny afternoon. Ignore it as the thoughts of a old man." he said, rising from the chair he brushed and fixed his waistcoat quickly. "I do not think i have forgotten anything, pray tell, do you have anything you wish to say?" he asked.
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:14 am

The Tophat Empire wrote:"Very well, let it be so. You shall have everything that you need and require for this endeavor. I wish for a list with such items to be handed to either me or Franz as soon as you can. Those apprentices you talk about, will they been in need of lodging, food or other? if so write that down as well." Wiking replied, nodding in agreement. "Once such a list has been handed in you will have 3 sets or arms and armour waiting at the forge every day" he added. Stroking his chin slowly as he did one final amendment "But i ask that you make as much haste you can, there is a storm growing, and i fear the men of reach must soon leave home for the field."

Shaking his head he placed his hands down on the table again "Oh, who am i to bring such dark thoughts upon such a nice and sunny afternoon. Ignore it as the thoughts of a old man." he said, rising from the chair he brushed and fixed his waistcoat quickly. "I do not think i have forgotten anything, pray tell, do you have anything you wish to say?" he asked.

"Old man?" Haruna said jokingly as she prepared a list. Being as frugal as possible, Haruna simply ordered that food and basic lodging be provided, and she would pay for her five potential apprentices' expenses. Haruna was rich, from selling her workpieces and her mercenary contracts,

"Please, you're still young for an elf. I'll return back to my state of nothingness one day, and you'll still be shooting arrows milord." The blacksmith quipped as she checked her list once more. "Make it four sets a day. I'll try to finish them by five days to a week. I'm sure my apprentices can support my work..."

Finished with the list, Haruna nodded. "Milord... About that storm you felt, whether it be true or not, remember my true profession as a warrior, remember that my blades are always ready. The Battlefield might be a man's playground, where captured females were subject to unspeakable horrors, but do remember, that I am first and foremost a warrior in your employ." With that, the warrior handed the list to the elf, awaiting any final instructions before she leaves for her work.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:24 am

Jarl Valdr "Raven-Eyes" Hradn
Ember Tower
Wise Council Chambers
Isnhrion, The Vale

Valdr took his seat, glancing around the room with a hard face and even harder eyes, his gray eyes looked as hard and dark as granite. He was mentally running through his speech to the lords of his declaration.

Briar had convinced Valdr to make the trip to Isnhrion... Not to bow to the Emperor or Redbeard but to speak before the lords of the Empire of a free Norravagg kingdom and the deposal of Redbeard not to mention laying out his claim to the throne himself.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:32 am

Kharden Axeheaver
Mirfuhn, Akounate Occupation
Mol Darihm

The Miner's Shack
Kharden was released from prison after a few days. He had received bread and water, until the last day, which he had received a few mushrooms along with his bread. When Kharden was released he went straight to the pub to get a hearty bowl of porridge. Kharden ignored the looks given him.He had noticed it on walking in, but was too hungry to think about the starers. When his bowl was finished (it was delicious) he turned in his customary barstool seat to the bargoers. A few of them were missing from the usual retinue. Hulmir was sitting next to Kharden. Kharden hadn't noticed, his stomach was rumbling and he wanted a bowl of porridge first and foremost. Kharden turned to Hulmir and said," So were you bastards plotting my demise? (Hulmir shook his head no) Something happen?"

"We have decided we will take our arms and armors, and some provisions, and go. We'll get out of Mirfuhn and get the other nations to aid us. They must, if they want to continue existing as they are."

"And um...what about me? I noticed a few of us were missing."

"We decided you have enough defiance in you to lead us out of Mirfuhn. And that I was enough of a voice of reason to keep you from doing something especially brash. The ones that are missing are making sure the carts are safe. They hold our respective arms and armor. Provisions will be what we can carry on our back, with some small barrels of water. We can't bring ale, we'll be going into the Valyarian desert. Can't drink too casually. Still bringing a little barrel of ale from this fine establishment," said Hulmir, turning to the bartender, who nodded.

"And I assume you mean for me to get me own armor and me axe. You're also asking me to break a contract under which, I was rather underwhelmed at the time I signed it. Well, damn me if I don't come with yes. That damned lizard will kill me on my knees if I don't die on me two feet dying for me homeland."

Hulmir breathed a sigh of relief. He clapped Kharden on the back, and told him to go on ahead and get his axe and his armor, some provisions, and told him where to be. Kharden got off the stool and started to go, before turning around to the bartender and saying," It looks like your pub will be empty from now on."

"It'll be very empty. They'll hang me because I housed you motley conspirators. If I go, Khurdar honor will be restored. I'll miss the place though. I'll probably unstopper all the barrels afore I go."

The two dwarves nodded at each other, and Kharden left to get his things.

Kharden's Post-War Home

Kharden's home was a one-room place, stone floors, walls, and ceilings. There was a furnace that also worked as an oven, a stone slab with straw and a blanket. There was many dwarven beds softened with straw, so it wasn't the Akounate's crudeness. There was a rug, not a very fine one, and a thin wooden door led to the side street, or rather, a tunnel to foreigners. There was a chest, a rather secure chest given the surroundings it sat in, and it in was the armor and battleaxe of Kharden Axeheaver, with some small sacks of mushrooms and goat cheese. Kharden would not be able to carry it all in his arms, like he needed to, so he commandeered a cart from the sidestreet and began filling it with his things. He didn't have very many things, besides the battleaxe and armor the Akounate let him keep under the rules that he not don the armor or wield the axe without facing potentially lethal action by the Akounate military. However, Kharden and many other dwarves were moving their armor and arms in a few carts. They wouldn't be wearing them or wielding them, so they wouldn't be breaking contract. However, once they came back, armor donned and weapons ready to take back their homeland, it would be a severe breach in contract. One they would be fine with.

Kharden used every side street as much he could, and always tried to expose himself to the guards as little he could. When he could not help but let one or two guards see him, he made it seem like what he was doing was perfectly normal. The guards would look at him a little suspiciously, or seem on the verge of saying something about it, but Kharden was around a corner or putting a few dwarves in between him and the guards, and the occasion to question it would be over. Kharden eventually got to the meeting place, a kind of ally, dimly lit, with some donkeys and a couple of smaller carts. Kharden saw the supplies Hulmir mentioned, and the dwarves put a net around Kharden's armor and axe, bunching it together, and properly. A dwarf gave Kharden a sack he could throw over his back, that he could put his provisions in. Another dwarf gave Kharden a watersack, which he could put on his belt. He saw the barkeeper laughing with a dwarf beside a smaller barrel of which was presumably ale, talking about how he almost slipped on his supply on the way out, and how the mice would drown, but would be too drunk to notice it.

Kharden walked up to Hulmir. "When do we leave?"

Hulmir had been talking to another dwarf, but turned to Kharden, decidedly addressing his question immediately. "In a couple minutes. We'll make sure everything is all set, then we'll be going on our way out of the city. You are, of course, the last one to come."

"Ah, I hope I wasn't holding ye up too bad. Dodging guards is a pain in mine arse. And why don't we leave when the tunnels are quiet? We'll be quite noticeable this time o day."

"Exactly. This isn't a breach in contract. The more dwarves that see that it isn't, the more overwhelming the pressure for a fair and quick final verdict."

Kharden clapped Hulmir on the shoulder, clasping and shaking it. "You guys really figured this out. But do you have the contracts?"

The dwarf Hulmir had been talking to waved some papers just behind Hulmir's shoulder. Kharden let go of Hulmir's shoulder. "How'd you get a hold of those?"

"Wasn't very hard, I assure you. Practically handed them to me. Had to look stately, and that's a right pain in the ass enough for me."

Kharden chuckled. "Well, we'll need those as long as we're here. Ha, and keep them until we get back into Mirfuhn. The Akounate would appreciate it."

Main Street of (Insert City Name Here)
Heading Towards Grand Exit

There were many passersby, dwarves on their way to their various destinations. some craftsdwarves, a few merchants. A relatively lot of guards, too. There was four guards, a mix of Nagi and cats, further up a head, that were unsure of the convoy. The dwarves would have went right on ahead about their business of leaving, but a certain Nagi made a commotion. Varxak, somewhere behind them, shouted," Stop that convoy! Stop the convoy!"

The guards, a little less unsure, walked towards the convoy, causing it to stop. "These dwarves should be at the mines, working for me!" Varxak spotted the armor, and said in addition," It's illegal for them to have this armor, too!"

A guard stayed in front of the convoy, while the rest strode around it. Kharden, Hulmir, and the dwarf holding the contracts met with Varxak and what seemed like the overall superior of the guard troupe. "These dwarves are meant to be working at the mines, and their ownership of this armor is illegal. They're under contract."

"I respectfully disagree with your claims," said Kharden, smiling. The contract dwarf produced the contracts, and read a couple out loud. The two were identical, as the grand majority of them were. Varxak still had an argument left," They're supposed to be working."

"It says in the contract we can take a few days off a year. Eight, in fact, and we haven't taken off one day this year. We planned on taking this day off, together, if that's fine with you," said Mulnir, as the contract dwarf's name was, looking at the guard.

"Well, I'm no big lawman, but it seems legitimate to me. I can't stop something that isn't breaking the law," said the guard, motioning for the other three to break from the convoy. Varxak, however, was unsatisfied. In his hasty anger, he drew his blade and moved to cut Mulnir. However, the guard moved in front of Mulnir, causing Varxak to halt himself, barely keeping himself from hitting the guard's light armor. "These dwarves are not breaking the law. It's best for everyone if you do not break it yourself because of some rash anger," said the Nagi guard. Varxak, bitter at being talked to by a lawman, slid his second-rate katana into it's sheath. He glared at the entire convoy, and stalked away. Mulnir could not help but feel immense gratitude toward the guard, and asked for his name. "Zaxnen? Zaxnen is it? Well, you have my many one thousand thanks'. You have my underwhelming gratitude. Underwhelming compared to what you've done," taking the Nagi by the hand.

"I don't understand what you are thanking me for dwarf, I was just doing my job. I really will never understand what is it with you dwarves. But I shall accept it, since it has so much meaning to you."

"Zaxnen. I shan't forget it. Zaxnen," said Mulnir, holding the Nagi's hand with both of his, staring up at the Nagi. He let it go, nodding at the Nagi, then got up into the bench of the second cart. "Zaxnen? Hmph. Well, stay safe. May a stain on your honor not smother your glory," said Kharden, before going with the now-moving convoy, now on its way out the city.
Last edited by Zanera on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:46 am

Relikai wrote:
The Tophat Empire wrote:"Very well, let it be so. You shall have everything that you need and require for this endeavor. I wish for a list with such items to be handed to either me or Franz as soon as you can. Those apprentices you talk about, will they been in need of lodging, food or other? if so write that down as well." Wiking replied, nodding in agreement. "Once such a list has been handed in you will have 3 sets or arms and armour waiting at the forge every day" he added. Stroking his chin slowly as he did one final amendment "But i ask that you make as much haste you can, there is a storm growing, and i fear the men of reach must soon leave home for the field."

"Old man?" Haruna said jokingly as she prepared a list. Being as frugal as possible, Haruna simply ordered that food and basic lodging be provided, and she would pay for her five potential apprentices' expenses. Haruna was rich, from selling her workpieces and her mercenary contracts,

"Please, you're still young for an elf. I'll return back to my state of nothingness one day, and you'll still be shooting arrows milord." The blacksmith quipped as she checked her list once more. "Make it four sets a day. I'll try to finish them by five days to a week. I'm sure my apprentices can support my work..."

Finished with the list, Haruna nodded. "Milord... About that storm you felt, whether it be true or not, remember my true profession as a warrior, remember that my blades are always ready. The Battlefield might be a man's playground, where captured females were subject to unspeakable horrors, but do remember, that I am first and foremost a warrior in your employ." With that, the warrior handed the list to the elf, awaiting any final instructions before she leaves for her work.

Wiking chuckled in reply, before speaking "Indeed, i have been alive for a long time, but it was many years since i employed someone with a tongue and mind of your caliber, for that you can call me impressed." he said as he took the list, and started to read it as he keep on speaking "And you can take my word that you gender carries little importance to me, if and when the storms reaches Reach. Rest assured i will need competent blades by my side, no matter if they be sons or daughters. Yet your assurance is indeed calming, for you are as skillful with a blade as you are in making them"

Once he was done reading the list he looked up at Haruna "Everything that you have written here will be arranged, your apprentices can either sleep in one of the Mansions dormitories, of course i will have one cleaned out for them exclusively to use, or i can have for wagons to be arranged by your house. I will leave that to your discretion. The food i will have arranged for transportation down to your forge, prepared and ready for consumption. I will also arrange for some benches to let them sit while eating."

Done speaking he looked at haruna and made a last statement "So, i think we are done here now." he said, half as a question and half as as statement
Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:46 am

Everhall wrote:The Ember Tower - Courtyard
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

A group of armed Elven guards greeted the Jarl at the gates,

"Jarl Valdr, your fellow Wise Council members are preparing for the meeting in the Council Chambers as we speak. Please go join them." one spoke pointing towards the entrance into the tower.

The Ember Tower - The Wise Council Chambers

Ruven followed Earwulf into the Council chambers, which, were like the rest of Isnhrion, masterfully decorated. The statue of Alaro Ashen still stood in the middle of the meeting table, were some of the most important individuals of the Empire meet. Gathered around the table sat the High King of Norravägg, Igmund Redbeard, as well as his Jarls and family members. On the other side of the table opposite of the High King sat the High Councilor, Lhoris, looking smug and formal as usual. In many other seats of the Council cambers sat Elven Lords and Leaders, all towering over the other members of the council, save the Emperor. And sitting in a round of seats, two being empty, sat the Varians: Almrick, Alves, and Phaaran Varian. Ruven took his place at the head of the Council table.

"Sit down, and we can begin." he ordered

The Dancing Dragon

As Abus spoke, a bartender came to face the group,

"What'll it be?" he asked

"We're looking for someone, someone called "O" or something." Phaerl explained

The bartender looked away, "You have to learn to not ask questions when they are not needed friend."

As they talked, a few of the local patrons of the tavern pulled a few weapons. Ready to erupt into chaos should the spark ignite.

Abus was obviously irritated by the other patrons rudeness so he said,"Is it not a bit rude to pull out weapons? We need information and we can pay for it.." Abus cast Physical Twin on Phaerl and then tapped Aracia to her know to get her spells ready.

You could see tiny sparks of lightning jumping up and down on her hands.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Earwulf sat with a certain nervous excitement, he was close to being imprisoned for the rest of his life and was now sitting with the greatest lords of the realm. Earwulf looked around at the other lords, most were elves but one nord seemed to glare at him "What are we discussing?" Earwulf asked the room.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:40 pm

The Ember Tower - Wise Council Chamers
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

An short haired Elven Lord leaned slightly over to him, "The state of the realm you fool!" he whispered, "Have you even been in the cambers before?"

"Thank you." Ruven nodded taking his own seat, "High Councilor Lhoris, you may have the pleasure of beginning our meeting."

The Councilor stood bowing slightly to the Emperor, "Thank you your Grace. Now. As we know the Ember Treaty, the treaty ending the Akounateen Invasion, is on its final year. We are unready. The Empire is not ready. That is why the Emperor has gathered us here today for his coronation in one day's time. Any council member wishing to speak next please do so."

Igmund stood from his seat his redbeard hanging loosely from his face, "My fellow countrymen. I know this meeting is all well and good and that the Akounate are a serious threat, but there is more to fear than those lizards and their cats."

Ruven raised an eyebrow, "That being?"

"Rebellion my Emperor. An rebellion that may put the final nail in the coffin for the Ashen Empire."

The Dancing Dragon

The bartender quickly placed at Aracia's fizzling hand.

"Of course." the man smirked, reaching below the counter

"Well it's about-" BANG!

The fireball sailed over Phaerl's head, she had ducked just in time to see a man throwing the magic at her.

"BIG MISTAKE!" She drew her sword and cut down the man, the other patrons of the bar drawing their own weapons and engaging in many separate fights.

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:44 pm

"No." Earwulf admitted, grinning.Maybe he could offer the emperor some valuable advice. No wonder the empire was dying when all the emperor's councils were powdered old elves. "Where would this rebellion be my lord? In the north?" he asked, trying to put himself forward immediately "If things are that dire give me 500 men and I'll go and root out any seeds of rebellion those nords are sewing."
Last edited by Woodstovia on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Before Syn Entered Isnhrion he used Disguise Self to make him look like a Big Strong Nordic Knight with the Armor and all. He did this so that people would not stare at him for wearing his dirty clothing and so that if they were it would be in awe of him. He had never been in Isnhrion before and the city looked amazing to him. He had also seen a tavern but didn't have any money on him so he decided to just wait for a drunk fool to stumble out and take there money and buy himself some drinks. He also hoped that nobody would wonder what a Nordic Knight would be Standing opposite a bar for long periods of time who would stare at people who walked out of it. As he waited he decided to look at the Taverns name "The Dancing Dragon" He said to himself "What a Shit name. "

After Waiting for a few minutes he heard loud noises coming from the bar and his curiosity had made him walk over to it and look in. As He looked in he saw fighting alot of it. He went in and saw a Man charge him. Which caused him to break the Disguise and Conjure a Shield while he used his other hand to pull his sword. As he deflected the mans attack off his shield he sliced the man down. " What the Fuck is going on" he said as another drunk man started to swing in his general direction. He Ran towards the man and bashed him with the shield when the man went down Syn sliced his head off. Syn then started to look around and was just confused as to why and what had caused this.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:52 pm

Woodstovia wrote:Earwulf sat with a certain nervous excitement, he was close to being imprisoned for the rest of his life and was now sitting with the greatest lords of the realm. Earwulf looked around at the other lords, most were elves but one nord seemed to glare at him "What are we discussing?" Earwulf asked the room.

"What a bunch of cunts." Vrold thought to himself as he glared at the elves that sat around each other talking about the feeble empire. As he shifted his eyes over the group of men he continued to eye everyone in the room carefully. While he tried to figure out the people in the council room he could sense that Earwulf was nervous with excitement. Being in on the council must of been fun if you were into political subversion and like scheming and fighting your battles 1-on-1.

"Any moment I bet he's gonna start shaking from excitment." thought Vrold as he looked at Earwulf waiting for the shaking to stop.

"Probably not. I have more faith in the shaking dog than this man." replied his mind.

"Would have been fun to watch though." Vrold thought as a smirk grew across his face before he caught Earwulf talking about sending a detachment of 500 men to the north. A slight chuckle came from Vrold as he leaned towards Earwulf, "Might as well say goodbye to deadmen."

Pillowlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pillowlandia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Eahfrid Egric Ealdhere
The Ember Tower
Ashen Empire

"I am no commoner, I am Baran eahfrid of the Ealdhere house. However, my presence here is unneeded for now. Apologies for the interruption. With that he turned around, swiftly walking back to his house and remounting. With that he quickly made his way back to the tavern where he deposited the wounded man earlier, now though he noticed the name of it 'the dancing dragon'. Well, there could be worse names. As he walked into the tavern he stopped at the door, "I walk away for an hour and come back to whatever the hell this mess is?" Sighing, he drew his short sword as several people thought it a good idea to try and rob him because of his elaborate cloak, I suppose changing it's color would make it worse for me. As the first man began nearing striking range he ran a hair through his seemingly perpetually soaked hair, damn this storm, and muttered bola de fuego. A fireball materialized and flew into the mans face, with that Eahfrid closed the distance and made a slice across the mans arm followed by a sharp hit to his head with the butt of his blade. As the man fell to the floor unconscious, at least hopefully, he began maneuvering to try and reach the taverns rooms.
Stasnov wrote:Small-to-medium sized professional, relatively high-tech and well funded military. Emphasis on flexible units at Brigade-Battalion level.
#ValaranSoFab

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:26 pm

" Captain, we have arrived." Thorfinn said as Burghealm left his quarters with a bottle of water and some dried fruit which he loaded on a lifeboat. Thorfinn then handed Burghealm a white cloth with a couple whole in the front of it. Burghealm turned to Thorfinn and said to him while looking at the cloth," What is this supposed to be"? Thorfinn said to him while grabbing his shoulder," It is something to hide your identity. I know no one besides me and the crew has seen your face, but i can't risk someone recognizing you". Thorfinn sighed as he started to put the cloth over his face and in a few moments his face was completely covered by the cloth. Burgheam then climbed into the lifeboat and started to row towards the docks at Atlas.

Atlas
The Reach

Burghealm sighed in relief when he finally made it to the docks. He had been rowing for an hour and his arms felt like they were about to fall off. After climbing out of his boat Burghealm started walking down the docks and towards the guard post.

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Everhall wrote:The Ember Tower - Wise Council Chamers
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

An short haired Elven Lord leaned slightly over to him, "The state of the realm you fool!" he whispered, "Have you even been in the cambers before?"

"Thank you." Ruven nodded taking his own seat, "High Councilor Lhoris, you may have the pleasure of beginning our meeting."

The Councilor stood bowing slightly to the Emperor, "Thank you your Grace. Now. As we know the Ember Treaty, the treaty ending the Akounateen Invasion, is on its final year. We are unready. The Empire is not ready. That is why the Emperor has gathered us here today for his coronation in one day's time. Any council member wishing to speak next please do so."

Igmund stood from his seat his redbeard hanging loosely from his face, "My fellow countrymen. I know this meeting is all well and good and that the Akounate are a serious threat, but there is more to fear than those lizards and their cats."

"Rebellion my Emperor. An rebellion that may put the final nail in the coffin for the Ashen Empire."

The Dancing Dragon

"Well it's about-" BANG!

The fireball sailed over Phaerl's head, she had ducked just in time to see a man throwing the magic at her.

"BIG MISTAKE!" She drew her sword and cut down the man, the other patrons of the bar drawing their own weapons and engaging in many separate fights.

When the fireball sailed over her head immediately Aracia electrocuted the man who had thrown it.

Abus unsheathed his sword and charged straight at a man knocking him down. The man was still dazed from the charge so he had no chance to block the slash on his face from Abus blade. The other patrons near the man pounced on Abus which caused him to drop his sword. The first thing he thought to do was cast Optical Twin to look like the bartender. The men got up confused as to where Abus had gone.

Abus got up and grabbed his broadsword. The spell had worn off and now he looked normal. Abus cast Slippery Ice in front of him and the unaware fighters charged at him only to slip and fall.

Abus thrust his sword into the first man who fell, but the second tripped him down. It was looking bad for Abus when a cloaked figure behind him sent two fireballs at the two assailants attacking him.

Abus got up to see that the cloaked figure was Aracia. They stood dug in next to each other fighting until they made their way to Phaerl. The Physical a Twin spell was still in effect on Phaerl..
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Everhall wrote:The Ember Tower - Wise Council Chamers
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

The Dancing Dragon

"Well it's about-" BANG!

"This is my moment" He said to himself before rising before the audience.

"My lords," he spoke, "to whom does Mirfuhn belong? It belongs to the dwarves and the Akounate ought not be ruling them, to whom does the Vale belong? It belongs to the Elves and the Akounate ought not be ruling over them either...now let me ask, to whom does Noravagg belong....?

It belongs to the Nords and the Ashen Empire ought not rule them either. For ages we have chafed while subjugated by an empire that knows us no more than barbarians and warriors. Give Noravagg her freedom, or we will take our kingdom with steel and blood.

And so I speak for the Nords and the true kingdom of Noravagg, the one Orrin Stormcrown forged eras ago. What does a king do? He rules, he rules over his people with an even hand, showing kindness but also giving justice when needed. And most of all, the king never abandons his own people, it is a crime against the gods, the same as a father who abandons his son. This man,"

Pointing towards the Redbeard, "Is no king of mine, he lost that when he came to cater to his overlords satisfaction over his own people's. When we Nords suffered trials and tribulation, ice, starvation, and the defense against the Akounate, what have our "High Kings" done? They stayed in their warm keeps, satisfying themselves on the finest dishes with bullions of Ashen coin locked away for their own use. A king is meant to lead his people for their betterment, not his own. May the gods help me and guide as I say I intend to be the King of the Nords, a true one to seek to compare to Stormcrown. One that stands for his people and never abandons them if I am to take the responsibility of leading Noravagg then by the Old Ones and the New I pray I stand by my oath to serve my people and to lead them, to be a true king and if I ever fall away from that oath, may the gods or my fellow countrymen strike me down as penance for the promise I have broken."
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:01 pm

The Ember Tower - Council Chambers
Isnhrion, The Vale
The Ashen Empire

The High King glared into the eyes of Valdr, "Valdr Harfen... I was the first to blow the horn when those sons of bitches came upon Orrin's Wall... I lost many a son on that Black Day... And yet you have the audacity to say such things?!I By Khrun, this is a betrayal that will dishonor your family for generations. You better be able to back those words up with steel Valdr," Igmund growled, "What gives you the right to lay claim to my title?! Are you attempting to Usurp me?!" The High King drew his battleaxe, World-Breaker.

"By right of birth and blood I challenge you to a duel Jarl Valdr."

The council gasped, many Jarls stood up and drew their own weopons, all glaring into the eyes of one another.

The Emperor stood, "I shall not have this ground soaked with blood! All of you! Sheath your weapons. That is an order!" Ruven boomed.

The Dancing Dragon

Phaerl didn't even let anyone touch her. She and already blasted a few of her assailers and then some with her sword, Dragonfang which glowed in delight with gore.

She threw another fireball into a particularly large man who smelled as if he had played in dung, much to her suprise the man was able to withstand the hit, smiling a toothless smile as his hand reached back,

"Oh shi-" she was hit across the room slamming into another patron, her grip on her sword loosening.
Last edited by Everhall on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Avaki Ebizo

He patted the stallion's head and looked ahead of him making sure no threats were coming down on him or his horse.
Wow have I sunk that low? My god that's sad, at least I have someone to at least talk to. He glanced at his sword it's edge hasn't dulled since the day he received it from his father, he violently shook his head and puffed out some smoke. He refused to delve into his mind just to find dark secrets and pain. A nearby sign showed he made a wrong turn somewhere, it showed he was in The Reach. He growled softly to himself and puffed out more smoke, it was a long journey.

Kolmya
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolmya » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:28 pm

WIP

Lothar reached a crossroad between 3 roads that pretty much all looked the same, each one a stone path going straight in their direction. According to a map he had purchased along with his provisions, he was supposed to head to the left, the road towards The Vale. Here at the crossroads Lothar actually saw other three people which surprised him due to the complete lack of human presence earlier in his voyage. From the look of them, they seemed to be vagabonds like himself, carrying large packs that appeared to be filled with provisions and supplies for long journeys
Galborea wrote:We are the Doomfags of Troubled Candlebride Reverence.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Jarl Valdr "Raven Eyes" Hrafn
The Ember Tower

Valdr was smiling...perhaps a bit menacingly and his gray eyes were fierce as he stared down the glutton king, in both his hands were deadly axes prepared in a moment, first he looked to Emperor Ruven.

" I have paid you no homage Emperor, you orders mean nothing to a lord who has not sworn himself, however I will not spill blood in a mans home, for that is a dishonor, but perhaps outside as a spectacle I will prove before gods and men the greedy and gluttonous swine who is called our king deserves no quarter."

Then he turned to Redbeard "You have dishonored the proud Nordic people, I am taking their torch to represent the wrongs you are and have done. By Right of Iron, By Right of Ice, and By Right of Blood I will free Noravagg. You stole the words from my mouth, I accept your challenge and I promise you that no matter the swine you are, you are still a Nord and I will be sure that you die with your axe in hand and you are buried with it as well."

Once again he turned to Emperor Ruven, "As a gracious host, I request Emperor Ruben grant myself and Redbeard a battleground to have our duel, our trial by combat, and ancient Nord tradition."
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:16 pm

"Why shouldn't we just kill you now?" Earwulf asked. "You're sitting here trying to usurp another lord and advocating open rebellion against the emperor why shouldn't we just string you up outside to set an example for all the Nords who want to rebel?"

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Woodstovia wrote:"Why shouldn't we just kill you now?" Earwulf asked. "You're sitting here trying to usurp another lord and advocating open rebellion against the emperor why shouldn't we just string you up outside to set an example for all the Nords who want to rebel?"

"For as I hear, the Emperor is an honorable man and wouldn't break the laws of hospitality, a crime against the gods both old and new."
the Jarl responded as he placed his axes back in their sheaths
"Not to mention you know not the Nords, you would have killed a countryman whom spoke his mind under the protection of the law of hospitality, they would not forget and you would soon find hundreds in my place...even those among your own guards advocating for freedom, they will not forget but it will set the flames burn brighter than the sun."
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:38 pm

"The gods aren't here. Just us." Earwulf said coldly. "And as far as I know you serve different gods to me. So I don't care about upsetting yours anyway. And I don't use Nords for soldiers, they're too stupid to execute proper tactics in skirmishes and battles I've found. So if the Nords try to rise let them come, we'll slaughter them and raise their villages and create new elven nobles to be their masters." Earwulf shrugged "It'll give our troops some seasoning for later wars at least."

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:48 pm

The Ember Tower

Ruven growled. The Jarl was right. Should he just deny the man his duel it would dishonor both the King and himself. But was the risk worth it? The High King was an old but experienced man. While Yaldr was young and fresh.

"Damn it," Ruven growled, "Go to the central courtyard and have your duel." The Emperor hoped he was doing the right thing.

"Stand down everyone. That includes you Earwuld. Let them have their duel."

The High King grinned, "You'll be meat for the dogs when I'm done with ya."

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:51 pm

"My name is Earwulf." Earwulf growled "And you can't seriously do this, he just insulted us all, threatened you and now you're going to let him kill the high king?" he asked.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse