NATION

PASSWORD

Dragonball: Universe [OOC/REBOOT/OPEN TO ALL]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Most Developed Character Pt.1: Humans!

Ryou
9%
Ciel
9%
Fawkes
27%
Amelia
9%
Cress
9%
Android 92
9%
Tabella
27%

Total votes : 11

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Gurori wrote:
Ranoria wrote:to any of you with google chrome

Lazurus Form Recovery. Get it. Saves those posts. xD

Or press SAVE DRAFT

Exactly what I did. But it had logged me out.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Gurori wrote:

Or press SAVE DRAFT

If your internet is giving you issues, it'll still get rid of it all.

The Republic of Atria wrote:

Love to. Buuuut I typed it on my phone.

Chrome on yo phone then.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Pantorrum wrote:I'm typing a post, and have been for the past hour :p

I keep going back and fourth between it and my region, lol

Pant pls
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:16 pm

New Rnclave wrote:
Pantorrum wrote:I'm typing a post, and have been for the past hour :p

I keep going back and fourth between it and my region, lol

Pant pls

Multiple Tabs are your friends.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Gurori wrote:
New Rnclave wrote:
Pant pls

That was hours ago. I'm too antsy to move the fight along.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:22 pm

New post! Those who are curious about Fawkes's origin, be curious no more!

Also, lemme know what y'all think!
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:37 pm

New Rnclave wrote:
Gurori wrote:

That was hours ago. I'm too antsy to move the fight along.

Is it my fault?
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:39 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:New post! Those who are curious about Fawkes's origin, be curious no more!

I really liked it, and glad you told me about that idea beforehand xD

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:57 pm

New Rnclave wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:New post! Those who are curious about Fawkes's origin, be curious no more!

I really liked it, and glad you told me about that idea beforehand xD

As am I happy I told you. It was fun to write, even on my phone!

Fawkes's ascent from wimpy accountant to brutal punisher!

Jeinasi
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeinasi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:13 pm

Well, I'm done. After spending some time watching to see how this RP is going, IC and OOC, i think i'm done with Dragonball: Universe. It was probably my favorite RP i have been in and i'm done with it. Let me explain why. After coming home from my Dad's, i saw that the last RP died. (Which made me really sad. Seriously, 2 RPs i used to be in died while i was gone.) So i found the reboot. Rnclave TG'ed me, and i made my app. Before i published it, i decided i wanted to see where this RP is going, and how I would fit into all of it. Let me say from what i have seen, i don't like it. This RP seems to be going in a good direction, but i don't think it would fit well with me. Basically, i was waaaay too late in the plot so i would have trouble adjusting. And, secondly, it doesn't feel like the original Dragonball Universe. It feels more like IJ than DBU. So i think, at least for now, i'm going to be done with DBU.
Lord Fridge shall rule the Galaxy
The Blaatschapen wrote:
Tokuopolis wrote:Apparently, there will be a Tetris Movie

It will be a blockbuster.

Sichem
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichem » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Jeinasi wrote:Well, I'm done. After spending some time watching to see how this RP is going, IC and OOC, i think i'm done with Dragonball: Universe. It was probably my favorite RP i have been in and i'm done with it. Let me explain why. After coming home from my Dad's, i saw that the last RP died. (Which made me really sad. Seriously, 2 RPs i used to be in died while i was gone.) So i found the reboot. Rnclave TG'ed me, and i made my app. Before i published it, i decided i wanted to see where this RP is going, and how I would fit into all of it. Let me say from what i have seen, i don't like it. This RP seems to be going in a good direction, but i don't think it would fit well with me. Basically, i was waaaay too late in the plot so i would have trouble adjusting. And, secondly, it doesn't feel like the original Dragonball Universe. It feels more like IJ than DBU. So i think, at least for now, i'm going to be done with DBU.

Okay.
I Am a 21 year old Jewish man, residing in Haifa, Israel. Hatzalah volunteer.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Jeinasi wrote:Well, I'm done. After spending some time watching to see how this RP is going, IC and OOC, i think i'm done with Dragonball: Universe. It was probably my favorite RP i have been in and i'm done with it. Let me explain why. After coming home from my Dad's, i saw that the last RP died. (Which made me really sad. Seriously, 2 RPs i used to be in died while i was gone.) So i found the reboot. Rnclave TG'ed me, and i made my app. Before i published it, i decided i wanted to see where this RP is going, and how I would fit into all of it. Let me say from what i have seen, i don't like it. This RP seems to be going in a good direction, but i don't think it would fit well with me. Basically, i was waaaay too late in the plot so i would have trouble adjusting. And, secondly, it doesn't feel like the original Dragonball Universe. It feels more like IJ than DBU. So i think, at least for now, i'm going to be done with DBU.

IJ was great so...

What's the problem again?

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:31 pm

IJ was great so...

What's the problem again?

Have to agree with Atria here. I was in the original DBU and honestly I think it stuck to close to a DBZ formula which just doesn't seem to work with a large cast of characters. There simply are never enough saiyans to go around. And it devolves to a power wanking contest among those saiyans.

While IJ had it's share of power wanking, there was more potential for relevance through other means and power or ability sets. Allowing for more diverse stories.

I honestly didn't have much fun with the old DBU and this one seems to offer far more as a role play.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:45 am

The original DBU was fun, sure. And it was t even worse than this used to be with new people coming in.

I don't really see your issue man.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:58 am

I guess it isn't 'Dragon Ball' enough.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:02 am

The Rebel Alliances wrote:I guess it isn't 'Dragon Ball' enough.

Well that's half true. We took a different direction than DBZ and decided to explore the universe :p

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:11 am

New Rnclave wrote:

Well that's half true. We took a different direction than DBZ and decided to explore the universe :p

So it's not a lot of good characters getting sidelined so one guy can fix everything?

And the one guy who's equal to him getting shafted at every opportunity?

Everyone playing a part? You're right. This isn't Dragon Ball, it's muuuuch better. :P

Sichem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sichem » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:36 am

New Rnclave wrote:

So it's not a lot of good characters getting sidelined so one guy can fix everything?

Everyone playing a part? You're right. This isn't Dragon Ball, it's muuuuch better. :P

Since my character will be the Goku counterpart (as in, important Saiyan character with a good heart and a domineering wife and the like), I should be the one fighting this trend, but I'm not :p

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:51 am

Sichem wrote:

Since my character will be the Goku counterpart (as in, important Saiyan character with a good heart and a domineering wife and the like), I should be the one fighting this trend, but I'm not :p

There's not a lot of pure hearted people around here, even David isn't completely pure of heart :p

But David is the closest thing to good

Sichem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sichem » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:54 am

New Rnclave wrote:
Sichem wrote:Since my character will be the Goku counterpart (as in, important Saiyan character with a good heart and a domineering wife and the like), I should be the one fighting this trend, but I'm not :p

There's not a lot of pure hearted people around here, even David isn't completely pure of heart :p

Especially not when transformed :p

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:55 am

New Rnclave wrote:
Sichem wrote:Since my character will be the Goku counterpart (as in, important Saiyan character with a good heart and a domineering wife and the like), I should be the one fighting this trend, but I'm not :p

Fawkes is pure!

Pure badass/rage, but pure nonetheless! :P

And the SSJ going to a "pure hearted" person has long since been dismissed. Vegeta was clearly conflicted when he unlocked it.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:57 am

New Rnclave wrote:

Fawkes is pure!

And the SSJ going to a "pure hearted" person has long since been dismissed. Vegeta was clearly conflicted when he unlocked it.

True, Fawkes is pure :p

And yeah. It's pretty much about being in the right frame of mind and having the motivators

Sichem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sichem » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:00 am

New Rnclave wrote:

Fawkes is pure!

I don't think we ever considered that here. Tabbis was a major candidate for SSJ when we discussed the first one ascending.

And it's not like there can realistically be a pure good/evil person.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:02 am

New Rnclave wrote:
Fawkes is pure!

True, Fawkes is pure :p

And yeah. It's pretty much about being in the right frame of mind and having the motivators

Sadly, he's not a Saiyan. But much much in the future Fawkes will learn to 'zerk without endangering his allies. I also intend for Fawkes to be relatively strong, but a decent bit weaker than the SSjs unless he zerks.

It comes as a need, not a want. It's a survival mechanic.

Sichem wrote:
Fawkes is pure!

I don't think we ever considered that here. Tabbis was a major candidate for SSJ when we discussed the first one ascending.

Yeah. It's all shades of gray. Fawkes is a good guy, albeit in the Chaotic Good type of way.

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:42 am

Sichem wrote:
Fawkes is pure!

And he won't end up being the first, because he hasn't come far enough as a character to have a major upheaval over anyone but Nidori dying, he's not developed enough in my opinion and I like David :P

Also it's kinda unfair for my character to be the first SSj

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse