NATION

PASSWORD

We Were Never Heroes (A Superhero RP) OOC / HIATUS

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:30 pm

2105 words! I think that's a new personal record for me! The last one is Howell, not sure if you wanted to do anything with him or not, he seamed too important to just kill off in my guy's bullet hell.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Post delayed until tomorrow.

Posted. Not much of a fan of the end but it's late and I needed to get something out. Klein is on the run with two of Ambrose's Variants, Creeper and Rafflesia. Blake is out cold after saving Lin Kai and Bloody Mary needs a moment.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:50 am

Should I have Crackdown join in the fight?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:02 pm

Shark isle wrote:Should I have Crackdown join in the fight?

Go for it.

Glaswegistan
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Glaswegistan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:57 am

I'm going to have a bit of trouble updating over the weekend, feel free to update without me if it comes to it, fluff that however you want, sorry
21:46 Trans|Work Theres something wrong with every one of you.

No ideas are bad, but some are just stupid ~ Unknown

I quit ~ SsgtKirill

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:38 pm

Real talk... again.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I do feel that this RP has missed its stride, and that maybe it's time to let the dead/dying horse lie rather than beat it with a pointy stick. I, personally, enjoy the characters were have created, but if this RP is to end I'd rather it end by our terms rather than slowly slipping away into obscurity. It may just be bad timing. It was summer, after all, and there are other superhero RP's already running on P2tM, so the competition may have simply been too great. That said, I am ready to pull the plug on WWNH so that I may attempt better, bigger things, however, I wanted to get y'all's opinion on the matter. I know that some of you have IRL things to attend to, which is completely fine, but at this point the RP is looking more like a chore than something fun. If we do go on hiatus I will most definitely return to this topic in the future, when there are less superhero RP's, but until this is final what are you thoughts?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Real talk... again.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I do feel that this RP has missed its stride, and that maybe it's time to let the dead/dying horse lie rather than beat it with a pointy stick. I, personally, enjoy the characters were have created, but if this RP is to end I'd rather it end by our terms rather than slowly slipping away into obscurity. It may just be bad timing. It was summer, after all, and there are other superhero RP's already running on P2tM, so the competition may have simply been too great. That said, I am ready to pull the plug on WWNH so that I may attempt better, bigger things, however, I wanted to get y'all's opinion on the matter. I know that some of you have IRL things to attend to, which is completely fine, but at this point the RP is looking more like a chore than something fun. If we do go on hiatus I will most definitely return to this topic in the future, when there are less superhero RP's, but until this is final what are you thoughts?

Yes. :(

I don't know if it is just me or with the rest of you, but at this moment, we are just dragging the dying horse into the medical bay that is so far, meaning despite that I want to continue, this RP is practically dying and...and probably won't be able to survive longer.

Perhaps it will be best if we let the horse died peacefully instead of leaving it alive but dying and begging for mercy. It's not bad timing, it's just something normal that happened in RPs. Players left the RP because issues here or there, and then it left us few.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:44 pm

Huh, we started on May 21st... That felt so long ago .-.

To make a mountain into a molehill, I say we go into a hiatus period. We've already lost a lot of members, thing's have slowed drastically, and I feel we are producing more "forced" pieces.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Yes. :(

I don't know if it is just me or with the rest of you, but at this moment, we are just dragging the dying horse into the medical bay that is so far, meaning despite that I want to continue, this RP is practically dying and...and probably won't be able to survive longer.

Perhaps it will be best if we let the horse died peacefully instead of leaving it alive but dying and begging for mercy. It's not bad timing, it's just something normal that happened in RPs. Players left the RP because issues here or there, and then it left us few.

I think it's a little bit bad timing. Superhero RP's in general are pretty saturated so new ones are gonna have their work cut out for them. And yeah, once we lost that mass of people things took a huge hit, including all my Co-OP's which is never a good sign. I like the characters we have and would love to see them go through the plot, but as you said it's better to end with dignity rather than in the gutter begging for mercy.

VACIF: It was a long time ago, and we have barely pushed though 11 pages IC. And once we start forcing posts the RP is pretty much in a bad place. Things are supposed to be fun not a chore.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:51 pm

I liked the concept, but you are right, my own rp has suffered as well (Though i am at fault as well) and it is far younger than this one.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Glaswegistan
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Glaswegistan » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:46 am

Fukn rrrip

Sad to see it go, but yeah, we're kind of running on fumes at the moment.
21:46 Trans|Work Theres something wrong with every one of you.

No ideas are bad, but some are just stupid ~ Unknown

I quit ~ SsgtKirill

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:42 am

Twas a good run.
Yo, that's mad.

The States of Balloon
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The States of Balloon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:43 am

:^^^^^^^^^^^^)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:49 am

Glaswegistan wrote:Fukn rrrip

Sad to see it go, but yeah, we're kind of running on fumes at the moment.

Funnily enough but I'm starting an XCOM RP in the near future.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse