NATION

PASSWORD

We Were Never Heroes (A Superhero RP) OOC / HIATUS

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Nazeroth wrote:meh well i have two choices: The Grey Goblin or The Grey Gunman(the first being a batman archtype the second a punisher archtype)

Flip a coin? Honestly I'm bad with 50/50 decisions.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Nazeroth wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Unless he has some sort of heightened senses or something along those lines I say he'd likely be powerless and just trained.

Due you want tights or casual?

meh well i have two choices: The Grey Goblin or The Grey Gunman(the first being a batman archtype the second a punisher archtype)

First one reminded me of the green goblin
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:meh well i have two choices: The Grey Goblin or The Grey Gunman(the first being a batman archtype the second a punisher archtype)

Flip a coin? Honestly I'm bad with 50/50 decisions.

Hey Bei, would it be OP to have a summoner character? They would be like regular people and summon 1-5 guys.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Deramen wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Flip a coin? Honestly I'm bad with 50/50 decisions.

Hey Bei, would it be OP to have a summoner character? They would be like regular people and summon 1-5 guys.

What are they summoning exactly? Details, man! Give me details!
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 21, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crimoria
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sat May 21, 2016 7:23 pm

I may app.
(List of things I'm against)
Calling people stupid/judging someone without knowing them/Judging a country without having lived there/racism/sexism/ judging someone just because they don't follow a religon/Putin

(Things I love)
Starwars/Australia/Equality/Canada/Germany/Netherlands/Thailand/Fallout/orange/ burritos/environment/apocalypse RPs/reptiles/Roleplays/pokemon
Quote: " Why waste your life working for money when it's really working for something that will not remember you"

Note: Fallout 4!!!!!

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Deramen wrote:Hey Bei, would it be OP to have a summoner character? They would be like regular people and summon 1-5 guys.

What are they summoning exactly? Details, man! Give me details!

SHADOW PEOPLE BRO! SHADOWS!

They are like shadow people with the strengths of regular, if fit people.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Crimoria wrote:I may app.

You should app.

Deramen wrote:SHADOW PEOPLE BRO! SHADOWS!

Since they're not impossibly strong I may consider it. How do they work? Is there a certain requirement to summon them? A weakness? Must they stay in range of him? Can he see what they "see"? That sort of stuff. No need to go in detail here but just a quick overview, but otherwise go for it.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 21, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

You should app.

You must app.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Crimoria
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimoria » Sat May 21, 2016 7:27 pm

I'll post a app inc a few hours. I've got to try and finish putting some, survey data into graphs for an assignment.
(List of things I'm against)
Calling people stupid/judging someone without knowing them/Judging a country without having lived there/racism/sexism/ judging someone just because they don't follow a religon/Putin

(Things I love)
Starwars/Australia/Equality/Canada/Germany/Netherlands/Thailand/Fallout/orange/ burritos/environment/apocalypse RPs/reptiles/Roleplays/pokemon
Quote: " Why waste your life working for money when it's really working for something that will not remember you"

Note: Fallout 4!!!!!

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Crimoria wrote:I'll post a app inc a few hours. I've got to try and finish putting some, survey data into graphs for an assignment.

No rush.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 7:36 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

You should app.

Deramen wrote:SHADOW PEOPLE BRO! SHADOWS!

Since they're not impossibly strong I may consider it. How do they work? Is there a certain requirement to summon them? A weakness? Must they stay in range of him? Can he see what they "see"? That sort of stuff.

So how it works is that my hero must focus to summon them and once they are summoned she must focus on them and cant fight (yet). They are commanded by her to do certain tasks but they have freewill somewhat if she doesn't directly command them. If she commands them to, they will use whatever weapons she asks of them. After the fight she would feel more and more pain the more she kept them there. Then have cool down for a certain time. Is that alright or too OP?
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Deramen wrote:So how it works is that my hero must focus to summon them and once they are summoned she must focus on them and cant fight (yet). They are commanded by her to do certain tasks but they have freewill somewhat if she doesn't directly command them. If she commands them to, they will use whatever weapons she asks of them. After the fight she would feel more and more pain the more she kept them there. Then have cool down for a certain time. Is that alright or too OP?

So she needs to concentrate to summon and maintain them, and the longer they are present the more painful it is to maintain. I also assume that the more summoned the worse the effect is. That doesn't seem too OP considering there are a lot of downsides, especially since she's vulnerable and any villain simply reaching her would nullify her minions. Go for it.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat May 21, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 pm

Urgh.
Powers, powers.
Any suggestions?
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Deramen wrote:So how it works is that my hero must focus to summon them and once they are summoned she must focus on them and cant fight (yet). They are commanded by her to do certain tasks but they have freewill somewhat if she doesn't directly command them. If she commands them to, they will use whatever weapons she asks of them. After the fight she would feel more and more pain the more she kept them there. Then have cool down for a certain time. Is that alright or too OP?

So she needs to concentrate to summon and maintain them, and the longer they are present the more painful it is to maintain. I also assume that the more summoned the worse the effect is. That doesn't seem too OP considering there are a lot of downsides, especially since she's vulnerable and any villain simply reaching her would nullify her minions. Go for it.

well im planning on her eventually getting good enough to not have to extensively focus on them.

The Olog-Hai wrote:Urgh.
Powers, powers.
Any suggestions?

Control over animals?
Last edited by Deramen on Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat May 21, 2016 7:45 pm

NAME: Leonid Chernikov
ALIAS: Mr. Shadow
NATIONALITY: Russian
ETHNICITY: Russian
APPEARANCE: Leonid Chernikov

ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Neutral

ABILITIES: Typical vampire abilities. Superhuman strength, superhuman speed, drinking blood, and the ability to turn human into ghoul, his personal servant(s).
SKILLS: Aside from that abilities above? Good close-combatant, good marksmanship, and has the strange knack of artistry, mostly about the art of beautiful but lonely and sweet girls. Fluent in Russia, English, and few Japanese.
WEAKNESS: Typical vampire weaknesses, holy water and light. Cross only temporary weaken him down for a long period of time, while garlic has no effect. Also horrible business knack.
GOALS: To enjoy his freedom, and perhaps, finds his own Mina.
FEARS: Forced to live his life without someone to love.

EQUIPMENT: Just..the old picture of him and his fiancee, Julia.

PERSONALITY: Devil-may-care attitude, sarcastic, but deep down inside, a broken heart and a compassion that is covered with cynic.
DISLIKES: No Julia.

BIO:

He forgot his own name.

What he remembered, however, was when he was born. Born as the son of a nobility family in Novgorod, he was known for his troublemaker personality, but whoever he is, he's still a good guy. That's why, he might found his perfect part of heart in Julia, an English woman who traveled to Novgorod as someone who worked as a doctor, accompanying the English visitors on their official trip to Russia. Fell in love with each other, however it was, is the only happiest moment in his life.

One day, when it was revealed that his parents won't approve of his marriage with Julia, they tried to eloped, and successfully slipped into a ship paid by his own coffers. Unfortunately, the crew had been bribed by his parents to killed Julia, and he...was the collateral damage. Julia was killed while pregnant with their first child and in the moment of anger, he killed several before thrown off from the ship and stranded on Sweden. Found by a local cleric and vampire, he was nursed back to health, and was subsequently turned into vampire.

For centuries until 18th, he lived and learned the arts of vampirism and how to lived as a good one in the shadow, but then his master was killed by a vampire hunter while on a trip to Russia, and he was able to escaped the grasp of the hunter. He was given a new name by his master when he found him, Leonid, and he used it for traveling in Russia, collecting more knowledge and hoarding treasures, while trying to find his Julia...to no avail.

He went to America on the dawn of Cold War, now rich, under the guise as a German scientist. Not really smart with science, but with that cover he was able to hid himself in America after that, working his way as a businessman, but he just hasn't got the business knack. As of 21st century, he lived modestly as a start-up investor for an up-and-coming technology company working for security, and apparently as a minor celebrity within the socialites world in Seattle. The Benefactor's invitation intrigued him to joined him, as he pointed out that he may knows the location of the modern reincarnation of his wife/fiancee, Julia.

RP EXAMPLE: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p28017395

THEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wylkSUS9Ofs
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sat May 21, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat May 21, 2016 7:48 pm

Deramen wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:So she needs to concentrate to summon and maintain them, and the longer they are present the more painful it is to maintain. I also assume that the more summoned the worse the effect is. That doesn't seem too OP considering there are a lot of downsides, especially since she's vulnerable and any villain simply reaching her would nullify her minions. Go for it.

well im planning on her eventually getting good enough to not have to extensively focus on them.

The Olog-Hai wrote:Urgh.
Powers, powers.
Any suggestions?

Control over animals?

Oooh.
I've never tried that before.
Hippie type guy with plant manipulation?
Or like a birdwatcher with bird manipulation?
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 7:49 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Deramen wrote:well im planning on her eventually getting good enough to not have to extensively focus on them.

Control over animals?

Oooh.

I dunno.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:50 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:Oooh.

Either works. Sky's the limit.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat May 21, 2016 7:52 pm

Tag

Question: Would Chronokinesis be allowed (if I put multiple limitations to not make it OP)
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:Tag

Question: Would Chronokinesis be allowed (if I put multiple limitations to not make it OP)

I can allow it if the limitations are sufficient.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012

Postby Rygondria » Sat May 21, 2016 7:57 pm

trying to debate between super speed or super strength.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat May 21, 2016 7:59 pm

Rygondria wrote:trying to debate between super speed or super strength.

The answer.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sat May 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Kuhlfros wrote:Tag

I can allow it if the limitations are sufficient.

So these are the limitations I have come up with

He can only slow down time in only a limited area (undetermined) to multiple rates (all the way to what seems to be a halt) However this puts stress on his body and mind, while he has trained to resist the stress for years, he can only hold time still for about an hour (or maybe less) before growing exhausted and must find a way to recover and rest

Note: he can slow down individual objects and persons though for a shorter undetermined time oh yeah and of course he can move normally while time is stopped
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012

Postby Rygondria » Sat May 21, 2016 8:02 pm

Deramen wrote:
Rygondria wrote:trying to debate between super speed or super strength.

The answer.

Hmm, he would literally be super fast tank, "Stuffs idea into Brain". might be using that actually, could be fun.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sat May 21, 2016 8:03 pm

NAME: Thaddeus "Thad" Carter
ALIAS: Titan
NATIONALITY: American
ETHNICITY: Caucasian
APPEARANCE:

ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good

ABILITIES:
Electrical Manipulation: Titan can control and influence charged particles and electrical fields, allowing him to utilize his powers to a myriad of uses. From absorbing electric currents to increasing his body's condition through electrical charge, he's beginning to unravel and explore his powers' potential, finding himself able to increase his nervous system responses and thought processing, as well as shoot off bolts of potent electric current.

SKILLS: Thad, as he's usually called, is a well-read and well-built youth, hosting an electrically-charged mind capable of high intelligence and a thirst for knowledge, which he feeds by sitting in on physics and electrical lectures at local universities like a nerd (He does this for free by auditing courses at University of Washington). Using those courses, he's able to better understand his powers and what they may be capable of. With his body, he's become a regular at a local kickboxing venue in order to gain applicable fighting skills in order to be a better hero, using much of his mental conditioning through learning this art form to adopt a heroic outlook on his role in society.

WEAKNESS: Ability-wise, insulators such as rubber, wood, earth, and silicon are great at stopping or inhibiting his attacks. Titan's powers originate from his nervous system as well, so crippling nerve damage (such a spinal injury) will incapacitate his electrical pathway. Strong energy manipulators and the like can hijack and re-direct his electrical flow as well, not to mention sufficient grounding measures (like a lightning rod) being able to minimize his damage potential. Personality-wise, he's quick to anger and get frustrated when he doesn't understand things, yet is unafraid of asking for assistance or guidance on something.

GOALS: To help others through any means possible, and becoming powerful enough to protect as many people as he can.

FEARS: Not being good enough to get the job done, appearing weak and moronic to others, he has a fear of water and drowning in general.

EQUIPMENT: A self-designed and self-built suit of power armor that acts to dampen and control his abilities when he's using them for extensive periods of time. Thad used his own electric powers to forge the unknown metallic alloy used in it's construction, as well as using displays and sensors he had taken from his line of work, ordered online, upgraded, or built over the course of several months and years. The armor gives him a menacing profile, and appears to be state of the art for something built by a non-engineer in their early twenties.

PERSONALITY: Determined yet kind, Thad is a bit hard to pin down personality-wise because he's a typical person, he has good days and bad days alike, but his overarching treatment of others is an improvement of the Golden Rule: Treat others better. He sees himself as a hero and tries his best to act that way, yet he is prone to pitfalls, fits of anger and frustration at small inconveniences plague him endlessly. He wants to embody justice, but also wants to control his emotions more, the mounting stress of his lifestyle making that last option almost impossible to handle.
DISLIKES: Water, Destruction

BIO:
Thad's father was a soldier, moving the family around as he was positioned, and Thad always looked up to him ever since he could remember. On a somber day in April, 2004, Thad's father left home on a deployment in Iraq, and did not return. He was killed in action by a roadside bomb, leaving behind only Thad and his mother, the two of them stuck in Seattle with nowhere else to go. A boy that young shouldn't feel such pain and sadness, but Thad did, and it would haunt him for the rest of his life. He learned later that his father had perished in order to save others, something that struck a cord with Thad early on.

On a cloudy day many years later, Thad floated aimlessly in a neighbor's pool, watching the dark gray clouds form and roll around in Seattle's humid summer skies. Just as he was about to get out of the water from the oncoming storm, a main bolt shot from the skies and struck the water - electrifying Thad's entire body, and causing his muscles to cramp up and sink. He should have been dead, but he emerged from the steaming water a few minutes later, gasping for air and clawing his way out. Spitting up all he had swallowed, Thad felt a tingling sensation in his finger tips. He looked at his hands briefly, before being blinded as he shot out bolts of lightning from his hands in all directions.

The stray bolt had ignited his nervous system, transforming it into a powerful superconductor, able to discharge and absorb electric currents at will. Thad was a teenager at the time, but he knew that this was no rogue accident. After collecting himself, Thad began to test his powers, using all he could to better understand them, and ultimately, do good with them. He did not attend college, as he works to support his mother and does heroism as a side job, unwilling to take credit for his deeds or go public with his identity. He just wants to do the right thing and doesn't matter if he's recognized for it or not.

RP EXAMPLE: pls

THEME: bwaaa
Last edited by New Neros on Sat May 21, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse