NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: War of the Usurper (OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sun May 15, 2016 3:04 am

Woodstovia wrote:why are they sieging Deepwood Motte?

One of the Holds of Lord Forrester and If we capture that first then we are not able to get cut of by that Forces there on our March to Ironrath.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Eraus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sun May 15, 2016 3:57 am

I am gonna change Rodricks Castles name from Ironwood to Wolf Castle so that it is not confused with Ironrath.
Political Compass

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sun May 15, 2016 4:59 pm

App:
Name: Mors 'Crowfood' Umber
House: Umber
Titles: None
House Sigil: Image
Allegiance paid to: House Umber, therefor House Stark
Appearance (Picture appreciated): Image
Almost as tall as his nephew the Greatjon and as strong and burly, but older
Personality: Drunk, Crude and burly, the man is a true meaning of Northern grit, a pure warrior, fierce hatred for the free folk
Skills: Aging Formidable fighter, drinking
Weaponry (If any):Spear and Greatsword
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please): Younger brother to the Greatjon's father, the uncle to the Greatjon was a drunk, skilled fighter whom has a legend about him and his eye. Whilst sleeping by the side of a road, a crow had taken Mors for dead and so it pecked out his eye. According to Old Nan, he grabbed the raven at its feet and bit its head off, earning him the nickname Crowfood. His wife had died in childbirth and his daughter was kidnapped by the free folk, leaving him with two full grown sons that will march with him with the Greatjon
Notes:

Name: Hother 'Whoresbane' Umber
House: Umber
Titles: None
Allegiance paid to: House Umber, ergo House Stark
Appearance (Picture appreciated): Image
While Mors is burly, Hother is gaunt and hard faced
Personality: Quiet, strict, and hard, Hother is actually a very clever and tactical man, only numbed by drinking and age
Skills: A very intelligent man with the education of a Maester, skilled tactician and trained fighter
Weaponry (If any): Spear, axe, and sword
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please):Youngest Son of Hoarfrost Umber, When Hother was young he was sent to the Citadel to learn to be a Maester, however it was cut short after a whore tried to rob him, and Hother disemboweled the robber, earning him the name 'Whoresbane', however this is only talked about in quiet as the whore was a man. He serves as Castellan for the Greatjon, and many or may not join in the march south.

Two Secondary Umber Characters
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Glorious Buffalos
Lobbyist

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Buffalos » Mon May 16, 2016 1:14 am

Tag.... maybe...

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Mon May 16, 2016 11:36 am

Is there an updated list of which houses are taken and which aren't somewhere?

EDIT: Also why are everyone doing fake houses? Can you just invent your own house and have it rule over something? If so I would like to reserve Duskendale and the Crownlands region from just north of Rosby to the borders to Cracklaw Point and from Blackwater Bay to the Riverlands border.
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Mon May 16, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Alotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Mon May 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Why are the Tyrells turning on the Crown? They owe everything to the Targaryens. And 99% of the Reach Lords supported the Crown in Robert's Rebellion. Hell, they sieged Storm's End for like 6 months.

EDIT: Also, you can't call up ALL Reach's banners in four days. You gonna march 100,000 men to King's Landing? You'll find it abandoned, with no Lords or Ladies in sight. The Tyrell Lords have no reason to dishonor themselves and break their oath to THEIR King!
Last edited by Alotopia on Mon May 16, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alotopia is a Space Empire. So I will role play as such. The Empire of Alotopia contains 114 planets. Lord Avos Jarquen is the World Assembly observer, as he cannot vote on legislation. We are not a member of the WA.
Role-Play: I love Star Wars & Game of Thrones! So if you got a RP with those going on, hit me up. Also, winter has come and its gonna be a long one.
Pantorrum wrote:I truly do think you a great RPer and hope we RP together again sometime.

Pro: Ronald Reagan, Israel, Conservatism, Religious Freedom, States Rights, Small Government, Military, Donald Trump
Against: Abortion, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Big Government, No taxes on Churchs, Universal Healthcare, Partisanship, Congress

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Mon May 16, 2016 2:38 pm

Also we need a Robert Baratheon and wasn't there a guy who said he would be the Starks?
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Mon May 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Alotopia wrote:Why are the Tyrells turning on the Crown? They owe everything to the Targaryens. And 99% of the Reach Lords supported the Crown in Robert's Rebellion. Hell, they sieged Storm's End for like 6 months.

EDIT: Also, you can't call up ALL Reach's banners in four days. You gonna march 100,000 men to King's Landing? You'll find it abandoned, with no Lords or Ladies in sight. The Tyrell Lords have no reason to dishonor themselves and break their oath to THEIR King!

classic Cuprum

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Mon May 16, 2016 3:55 pm

Woodstovia wrote:
Alotopia wrote:Why are the Tyrells turning on the Crown? They owe everything to the Targaryens. And 99% of the Reach Lords supported the Crown in Robert's Rebellion. Hell, they sieged Storm's End for like 6 months.

classic Cuprum

Let's have the Arryns say, "Fuck it! We support the crown!"
Alotopia is a Space Empire. So I will role play as such. The Empire of Alotopia contains 114 planets. Lord Avos Jarquen is the World Assembly observer, as he cannot vote on legislation. We are not a member of the WA.
Role-Play: I love Star Wars & Game of Thrones! So if you got a RP with those going on, hit me up. Also, winter has come and its gonna be a long one.
Pantorrum wrote:I truly do think you a great RPer and hope we RP together again sometime.

Pro: Ronald Reagan, Israel, Conservatism, Religious Freedom, States Rights, Small Government, Military, Donald Trump
Against: Abortion, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Big Government, No taxes on Churchs, Universal Healthcare, Partisanship, Congress

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Mon May 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Alotopia wrote:
Woodstovia wrote:classic Cuprum

JonCon: Robert is right that Rhaegar is a right rotter!

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Mon May 16, 2016 4:23 pm

Woodstovia wrote:
Alotopia wrote:

JonCon: Robert is right that Rhaegar is a right rotter!

Robert Baratheon: Aerys is right! Ned Stark deserves his head on a spike!

Eraus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Mon May 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Alotopia wrote:
Woodstovia wrote:JonCon: Robert is right that Rhaegar is a right rotter!

Forresters: Down with the North, I don't even like the Cold
Political Compass

Alotopia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Mon May 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Eraus wrote:
Alotopia wrote:

Forresters: Down with the North, I don't even like the Cold

Tywin Lannister: I name Tyrion Lannister my heir with all my lands and tunes being passed on to him when I die. He is my favorite son of course!

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 5:07 pm

All excellent points, I'll allow the player to make some modifications to the post. This is an alternate history RP, but clearly we can't make characters do things totally outside the scope of their personality.

Of the Quendi wrote:Is there an updated list of which houses are taken and which aren't somewhere?

EDIT: Also why are everyone doing fake houses? Can you just invent your own house and have it rule over something? If so I would like to reserve Duskendale and the Crownlands region from just north of Rosby to the borders to Cracklaw Point and from Blackwater Bay to the Riverlands border.

I'll have an updated Roster up by the end of the night.
As for character creation, your more than welcome to make your own house, so long as it does not displace a major family, like the Stark's, or Bolton's for example. As of yet we are still lacking some Lords Paramount so for now they will be either NPC or when needed controlled by myself
Last edited by Great Franconia and Verana on Mon May 16, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon May 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Looking to reserve the Boltons, probably going to make a custom Bolton though. Dreadfort here I come (If I'm allowed to make someone who isn't Roose Bolton or Ramsay, that is).
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Mon May 16, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Sorry if the quality in my latest post his lacking, I'm using my phone at the moment.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Mon May 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:

All excellent points, I'll allow the player to make some modifications to the post. This is an alternate history RP, but clearly we can't make characters do things totally outside the scope of their personality. [
quote="Of the Quendi";p="28743200"]Is there an updated list of which houses are taken and which aren't somewhere?

As for character creation, your more than welcome to make your own house, so long as it does not displace a major family, like the Stark's, or Bolton's for example. As of yet we are still lacking some Lords Paramount so for now they will be either NPC or when needed controlled by myself[/quote]

If need be, I can play the Starks and forget about the Umbers, I've played as House Stark before so I know what I'm doing, actually I didn't make an app for stark because I thought someone else was
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:
All excellent points, I'll allow the player to make some modifications to the post. This is an alternate history RP, but clearly we can't make characters do things totally outside the scope of their personality. [
quote="Of the Quendi";p="28743200"]Is there an updated list of which houses are taken and which aren't somewhere?

As for character creation, your more than welcome to make your own house, so long as it does not displace a major family, like the Stark's, or Bolton's for example. As of yet we are still lacking some Lords Paramount so for now they will be either NPC or when needed controlled by myself

If need be, I can play the Starks and forget about the Umbers, I've played as House Stark before so I know what I'm doing, actually I didn't make an app for stark because I thought someone else was[/quote]

I'd you would like the be the Starks that would be great,
An Eddard app would be fairly straight forward, with all the information we actually have on him!

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Mon May 16, 2016 6:12 pm

you should probably link the ic in the op

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon May 16, 2016 6:18 pm

If I apply for the Boltons, do I have to apply as Roose Bolton, or is it possible to make a custom Bolton?

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Mon May 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Name: Eddard 'Ned' Stark
House:Stark
Titles:Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the North, Warden of the North
Allegiance paid to: No-King, In Revolt
Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Eddard is known for his unwavering sense of honor and justice and his family finds him kind, although some consider his reserved personality a sign of coldness and disdain.
Skills: Trained under Jon Arryn, Eddard is a well trained fighter, general, and administrator
Weaponry (If any): Ice, Valyrian Greatsword of House Stark and other weapons
Military Strength (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.): 45,000
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please): Second born son of Rickard and Lyarra Stark, having one older brother, Brandon and two younger siblings, Lyanna and Benjen. Eddard was fostered by Jon Arryn from the age of eight and became friends with his other ward, Robert Baratheon, Once Eddard was a man grown, he alternated his time from Winterfell and the Eyrie, during one of his visits he carried the proposal and betrothal of Robert Baratheon to Lyanna.
Eddard attended the great tourney at Harrenhall and became great friends with Howland Reed, and remembers the day all the smiles died, also having danced with Ashara Dayne, in the next year, Lyanna was abducted and both his father and brother went to demand her return only to be burned and suffocated. The Mad King then demanded the heads of both Eddard and Robert by deliverance of Jon Arryn, he refused and the North, Vale and Stormlands rose up in rebellion against the Iron Throne.

Eddard now has to return home in order to raise the banners of the North, however Gulltown and the Sisters stand in his way
RP Example:See Umber App
Notes:Forget the Umbers, someone else can play them
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:Name: Eddard 'Ned' Stark
House:Stark
Titles:Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the North, Warden of the North
House Sigil: (Image)
Allegiance paid to: No-King, In Revolt
Appearance (Picture appreciated):
Personality: Eddard is known for his unwavering sense of honor and justice and his family finds him kind, although some consider his reserved personality a sign of coldness and disdain.
Skills: Trained under Jon Arryn, Eddard is a well trained fighter, general, and administrator
Weaponry (If any): Ice, Valyrian Greatsword of House Stark and other weapons
Military Strength (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.): 45,000
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please): Second born son of Rickard and Lyarra Stark, having one older brother, Brandon and two younger siblings, Lyanna and Benjen. Eddard was fostered by Jon Arryn from the age of eight and became friends with his other ward, Robert Baratheon, Once Eddard was a man grown, he alternated his time from Winterfell and the Eyrie, during one of his visits he carried the proposal and betrothal of Robert Baratheon to Lyanna.
Eddard attended the great tourney at Harrenhall and became great friends with Howland Reed, and remembers the day all the smiles died, also having danced with Ashara Dayne, in the next year, Lyanna was abducted and both his father and brother went to demand her return only to be burned and suffocated. The Mad King then demanded the heads of both Eddard and Robert by deliverance of Jon Arryn, he refused and the North, Vale and Stormlands rose up in rebellion against the Iron Throne.

Eddard now has to return home in order to raise the banners of the North, however Gulltown and the Sisters stand in his way
RP Example:See Umber App
Notes:Forget the Umbers, someone else can play them

Accepted

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 6:35 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:If I apply for the Boltons, do I have to apply as Roose Bolton, or is it possible to make a custom Bolton?

For someone like the Bolton's it would be better to keep their characters canon simply because they are fairly important in the story. You could always make your own house or take over another Northern house like the Karstarks or Umbers

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Mon May 16, 2016 6:37 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:If I apply for the Boltons, do I have to apply as Roose Bolton, or is it possible to make a custom Bolton?

For someone like the Bolton's it would be better to keep their characters canon simply because they are fairly important in the story. You could always make your own house or take over another Northern house like the Karstarks or Umbers

So are the Umbers and Karstarks.... :unsure:

Anyways how far are we into the rebellion...I'm asking if Gulltown has been taken by the rebels yet because that would decide where Eddard is
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon May 16, 2016 6:39 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:For someone like the Bolton's it would be better to keep their characters canon simply because they are fairly important in the story. You could always make your own house or take over another Northern house like the Karstarks or Umbers

So are the Umbers and Karstarks.... :unsure:

Anyways how far are we into the rebellion...I'm asking if Gulltown has been taken by the rebels yet because that would decide where Eddard is

True, but less prominent than the Boltons.

It is essentially in its infancy, I doubt it has even been a week since Brandon and Rickard were burned by Aerys, just enough time for people to hear what happened and have a response.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse